Top illustrators, writers, and celebrities in the comics world will unite at Mid-Atlantic pop culture convention Awesome Con presented by LeftField Media, taking over Washington, D.C.’s Walter E. Washington Convention Center from March 30-April 1, 2018. Comics powerhouse DC Entertainment and other renowned publishers will present special programming like industry insider and celebrity-driven panels, share exclusive announcements, debut designs, and more at the show. Awesome Con is proud to mark its sixth year by working with comic book artist Patrick Zircher on the official show poster and original art in the con’s program guide, distributed to all show attendees.
Show attendees can look forward to programming celebrating eight decades of Superman, marking the icon’s 80th anniversary since debuting in April 1938 from DC. Fans will be able to attend events and interact with special guests Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum, who played Clark Kent and Lex Luthor in beloved television series “Smallville,” during the weekend. Kids attending Awesome Con will also receive special keepsake badges featuring official Superman artwork from acclaimed artist and DC Publisher Jim Lee specially commemorating the weekend. Creators from renowned publishers like DC will meet-and-greet with fans throughout the weekend at booths on the Awesome Con show floor, making it easier than ever to meet the makers behind some of the most beloved characters in pop culture.
Comic fans will love events like Past, Present & Future: The 80th Anniversary of Superman, a panel bringing together DC artist Greg Capullo and writer Scott Snyder and comic book artist and writer Dan Jurgens, alongside Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum to retrace the iconic character’s history and discuss what’s next for the Man of Steel.
The creative minds behind Batman comic miniseries “Dark Nights: Metal” come together at Awesome Con for a Batman Metal Q&A and Meet & Greet on Saturday, March 31. Artist Greg Capullo, writer Scott Snyder, and inker Jonathan Glapion host a private one-hour Q&A with attendees, who will each receive a color Greg Capullo Batman print, a black-and-white Greg Capullo Batman print, and an inked Batman variant comic book cover by Jonathan Glapion. The iconic trio of guests will sign the prints and comic cover along with up to five items per attendee. Tickets are available for $100 at www.awesomecon.com/tickets; attendees must also have a Saturday day pass or Awesome Con Weekend pass.
- Scott Snyder (Superman Unchained, Batman, American Vampire, Swamp Thing, Voodoo Heart)
- Greg Capullo (Dark Nights: Metal, Batman, Reborn, X-Force, Quasar, The Creech)
- Sean Gordon Murphy (Batman: White Knight, Punk Rock Jesus, The Wake, Tokyo Ghost, Hellblazer: City of Demons, Shaun of the Dead, Teen Titans)
- Tom King (Mister Miracle, Batman, The Sheriff of Babylon, The Vision, A Once Crowded Sky)
- Clay Mann (Batman, Batman Eternal, Gambit, X-Men)
- James Tynion IV (Detective Comics, Batman, Teenage Mutant Turtles, The Backstagers, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Constantine: The Hellblazer)
- Josh Williamson (The Flash, Birthright)
- Frank Tieri (Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Wolverine, Ultimate Spider-Man, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3)
- Sam Humphries (Nightwing)
- Matthew Rosenberg (4 Kids Walk Into a Bar, We Can Never Go Home, The Archies)
- Jonathan Glapion (Superman, Batman, Curse of the Spawn, Elektra: The Hand)
- Stephen Amell (Arrow)
- John Barrowman (Arrow)
- Tom Welling (Smallville)
- Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville)
- Cress Williams (Black Lightning)
- Will Friedle (Batman Beyond)
- Phil LaMarr (Justice League Unlimited)
Awesome Con runs from Friday, March 30 until Sunday, April 1 in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. More information about Awesome Con and tickets are available at www.awesomecon.com.