DC Entertainment Takes Center Stage at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015
Something for Everyone: Top Industry Talent Showcases DC Comics’ Newly-Expanded Line
Vertigo and MAD Magazine to Make Big News at the Con
Special edition, exclusive variant comic books available only to fans at SDCC!
DC Entertainment (DCE), one of the world’s largest English language comic book publishers, will roll out the red carpet for its fans at Comic-Con International: San Diego. An impressive 19 panels will put the spotlight squarely on DC Comics’ broad range of titles and tonalities, Vertigo’s creator-driven, genre storytelling, and MAD’s comedic take on all things pop culture. Additionally, fans attending the show can purchase DCE’s highly-collectible, exclusive variant comic books.
Fans will get to hear directly from the best comic talent in the industry at a slate of panels over the four-day pop culture celebration. DCE panels include:
- From iconic characters to emerging heroes, the expansive DC Universe allows for a wide range of tonalities and a rich universe of stories, enabling readers of all ages and interests to find their favorite series. Meet the top talent behind some of the most celebrated series including SUPERMAN’s new, award-winning writer Gene Luen Yang, BATGIRL artist Babs Tarr and writers Cameron Stewart and Brenden Fletcher, and BIZARRO writer Heath Corson, among others. Plus, get an advanced look at the highly-anticipated series CYBORG with writer David Walker ahead of its debut in July. Get ready for the New DC Universe with these panels: “Mysteries in Space” on Thursday, “Superman,” “Justice for All,” and “The Bad Guys” all on Friday, and on Saturday “The Lighter Side,” “Batman” featuring all-star creative team Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, and “The Upstarts” featuring the most cutting-edge writers and artists in the industry.
- Following the release of bestselling and Eisner-nominated mini-series THE MULTIVERSITY, writer Grant Morrison will explain how he redefined the DC Universe, giving fans a look back (and forward) to where the far-reaching effects of The Multiversity will be felt most. Don’t miss “DC Entertainment – Grant Morrison: The Multiversity.” DC Entertainment – Grant Morrison: The Multiversity and Beyond – Saturday
- Join superstar JUSTICE LEAGUE writer Geoff Johns for an all-access and in-depth discussion. From Earth One to Darkseid War to all things in between, be here for this exclusive panel that will give you insight into one of the genre’s most influential contributors. DC Entertainment – One-on-One with Geoff Johns – Friday
- Dive into DC Entertainment – Page to Screen, a can’t miss panel celebrating DCE’s film, TV, game, and animation slates. Join talent behind the inner-workings, including moderator and TV GUIDE reporter Damian Holbrook, DCE Chief Creative Office Geoff Johns, Marc Guggenheim (Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Andrew Kreisberg (Arrow, The Flash) Heath Corson (Justice League: Throne Of Atlantis), and more! DC Entertainment – Page to Screen – Friday
- Find out where some of your favorite Vertigo titles are heading, and also be the first to hear about the new series on deck for the fall from comics’ most innovative imprint. Vertigo: What’s the Story – Thursday
- See what “The Usual Gang Of Idiots” at MAD Magazine are up to at the side-splitting, must-attend annual panel helmed by SVP and Executive Editor John Ficarra and a hilarious cast of characters. Mad about MAD – Thursday
- Check out the latest action figures, statues, props and more from the creative minds of DC Collectibles and get an exclusive sneak peek at upcoming releases. DC Collectibles –Thursday
Make sure to stop by DCE’s 4,500 square foot booth (#1915) – the hub for DCE talent signings, hands-on video gameplay, and artist demos, where attendees will have a chance to mingle with some of the best writers and artists in the business. Fans will also get a chance to take photos with their favorite characters with the DCE green screen.
Also checkout highly collectible, exclusive variant comic books available for SDCC attendees only through the Graphitti Designs booth #2314. Certain variants will only be available on specific days while others will be available throughout the convention. Variants include BLACK CANARY #1 (available Thursday, 7/9), BATMAN BEYOND #1 (available Friday, 7/10), MIDNIGHTER #1 (available Saturday, 7/11), BIZARRO #1 (available Sunday, 7/12), and variants available on all days include ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN #1, HARLEY QUINN #17, SUPERMAN #41, BATMAN #41, and JUSTICE LEAGUE #41. A special, rare, oversized gate-fold cover variant of JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1 will only be available Saturday, 7/11.
Visit DCComics.com for a complete list of panels, and behind-the-scenes coverage and in-depth interviews directly from DCE’s popular web series, DC ALL ACCESS. Download the DC Entertainment Events App on Apple’s App Store or the Google Play Store to stay up to speed on all DC Entertainment signings, panels and stage events at San Diego Comic-Con.
OUT OF THE SHADOWS AND INTO THE LIMELIGHT
OLIVER QUEEN HIMSELF, ARROW STAR STEPHEN AMELL, TO SERVE AS MASTER OF CEREMONIES AS WARNER BROS. TELEVISION PRESENTS A NIGHT OF DC ENTERTAINMENT, SATURDAY, JULY 26, AT COMIC-CON 2014
Three-Hour Event (8:00–11:00 p.m.) in Hall H Features the World Premiere of Gotham, Complete Pilot Screening of The Flash and Exclusive Footage From New Series Constantine and Season Three of Arrow
BURBANK, Calif. (July 8, 2014) — While it may be possible to throw a great party without the assistance and backing of a billionaire playboy, Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and DC Entertainment (DCE) are taking no chances, with Starling City’s favorite vigilante-turned-hero stepping out of the shadows and into the limelight, temporarily putting down his bow in favor of picking up a mic: Arrow star Stephen Amell (Twitter: @amellywood) has been tapped to serve as master of ceremonies when Warner Bros. Television Presents A Night of DC Entertainment on Saturday night, July 26, at Comic-Con 2014.
As previously announced, WBTV and DC Entertainment are teaming up for a three-hour (8:00–11:00 p.m.) special event in Hall H designed for DC Comics fans and featuring some of DC Comics’ greatest characters. Amell will preside over the world premiere screening of Gotham and the complete pilot screening of The Flash, and will give fans a look at footage from the Constantine pilot and a sneak peek at season three of Arrow. He will also introduce select stars and producers from each of the four series.
In Arrow, Stephen Amell plays Oliver Queen, who returned home to Starling City after being gone for five years, during which time he suffered unimaginable ordeals. With a mysterious agenda and armed with a new set of skills, Oliver moonlights as the Arrow, a crime-fighting hero looking to clean up the streets of his city. Joined by his team — John Diggle (David Ramsey), Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) and Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) — Oliver protects the people he loves, becoming a beacon of hope for the city’s most vulnerable, and a weapon of justice against those who prey upon them. Arrow returns for season three on October 8, airing Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW.
February 21, 2014 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, Comic Books, Comic Strips, Movies, New York, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Signing and Appearance Profiles, Television, Top Stories, Video Games
Kevin Conroy, Chip Kidd, Marc Tyler Nobleman, Kevin Smith, and Michael Uslan appear on a panel moderated by USA Today’s Whitney Matheson at the Paley Center for Media on Monday, May 5, 2014 at 6:30 pm! Celebrate 75 years of Batman!
Kevin Conroy, Voice of Batman, Batman: The Animated Series; The New Batman Adventures; Batman Beyond
Chip Kidd, Designer, Batman: The Complete History; Author, Batman: Death by Design
Marc Tyler Nobleman, Author, Bill the Boy Wonder: The Secret Co-Creator of Batman
Kevin Smith, Filmmaker; Writer, Batman comic books; Host, Fat Man on Batman podcast
Michael Uslan, Executive Producer, The Dark Knight film trilogy; Author, The Boy Who Loved Batman
Moderator: Whitney Matheson, Columnist, USA Today’s “Pop Candy”
Even your grandmother could name Batman’s sidekick or home base (or maybe both). The Dark Knight is arguably the world’s most popular superhero and one of the most iconic and influential fictional characters of all time. Celebrate the seventy-fifth anniversary of his first appearance, in Detective Comics #27 (May 1939), with this panel of influential creators and interpreters of Batman entertainment, all of whom were fans first. (Bring your grandmother.)
Paley Supporting and Patron Members: Tickets on Sale Now
Paley General Members: On Sale Friday, February 21 at noon
General Public: On Sale Monday, February 24 at noon
Paley Center for Media
25 West 52 Street, New York, NY 10019
Comics legend Neal Adams appears at Midtown Comics Downtown for a special signing of the all-new Detective Comics #27! The signing will take place on Thursday, January 9th at 6pm at our Downtown store. Purchase of Detective Comics #27 is required to attend the event.
Detective Comics #27:
DC Entertainment presents this mega-sized issue featuring an all-star roster of Batman creators past and present! Don’t miss a modern-day retelling of The Dark Knight’s origin by the incredible team of writer Brad Meltzer and artist Bryan Hitch! Plus, all-new stories by Scott Snyder and Sean Murphy, Peter J. Tomasi and Guillem March, Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen, Gregg Hurwitz and Neal Adams and more! Also in this issue, John Layman and Jason Fabok kick off the new storyline ‘GOTHTOPIA’! It’s a bright, shiny, happy place where dreams come true… as long as you don’t look at things too closely.
64 Fulton Street, New York, NY 10038
Comics superstar Scott Snyder will host a surprise Batman panel on Sunday August 4th at 4:00 pm in the Beacon Hall room! Come prepared to ask your questions about the Court of Owls, Death of the Family, The Black Mirror, Gates of Gotham, and the current storyline Zero Year, a retelling of Bruce Wayne’s early days as Batman. In addition to the New 52 Batman title Scott also writes the mini-series Superman: Unchained and his Vertigo series American Vampire and The Wake. He has previously written Swamp Thing, Detective Comics, and more.
This is a last minute addition to the schedule so please spread the word!
Additionally Scott will appear on the DC Comics panel on Saturday August 3rd at 3:00pm in the Waterfront room with Dan Didio, Tony Daniel, and Aaron Lopresti. Otherwise find him at his table in Artist Alley AAW40 & 41 from 11:00-1:30 and 4:30-7:00 on Saturday and 11:00-1:00 and 2:00-4:00 on Sunday!
About Boston Comic Con:
The Boston Comic Con is a 100% independently run comic book show committed to bringing the biggest and best comic creators to New England. Run by fans for fans, Boston Comic Con is not affiliated with any other convention tour or corporate interests. Hosting over 120,000 square feet of vendors selling comic books, toys, posters, trading cards, and other pop culture memorabilia, this is a destination event for geeks of any stripe. This year’s rescheduled convention will be held Saturday August 3rd and Sunday August 4th opening at 10:00 am each day at the Seaport World Trade Center, 200 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA 02210. For more information please go to our website at www.bostoncomiccon.com and follow us on Twitter (@BostonComicCon) and Facebook!
REVOLUTION DIGITAL CARDS DEBUT AT COMIC-CON®
REVOLUTION FANS “FLOCK TO UNLOCK” NEW SERIES OF DC COMICS DIGITAL CHARACTER CARDS AT HIT SHOW’S COMIC-CON 2013 SESSION
Miles Matheson Character Profile Is First to Be Revealed by Show Creator/Executive Producer Eric Kripke
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — Revolution’s resident anti-militia rebel Miles Matheson has been freed from digital lockdown in today’s packed Comic-Con panel session! Warner Bros. Worldwide TV Marketing, DC Entertainment and NBC have teamed up to create a series of seven original digital trading cards — one for each of Revolution’s series regulars — that can be unlocked when fans tweet the #RevolutionCon hashtag. After more than 1,500 attendees at the Revolution Comic-Con panel tweeted while using the designated #RevolutionCon hashtag, the first card (for Miles Matheson) was revealed in the room by show creator/executive producer Eric Kripke. Subsequent cards will be revealed as fans continue hitting further social media thresholds.
- Created by a DC Comics artist in conjunction with Revolution producers, each profile card features an illustrated graphic of each of the seven series regulars — Miles Matheson (Billy Burke), Tom Neville (Giancarlo Esposito), Jason Neville (JD Pardo), Sebastian Monroe (David Lyons), Aaron Pittman (Zak Orth), Rachel Matheson (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos) — as well as a brief summary of the characters.
- In addition to the original illustration and overview of the characters’ journeys, each card contains a hidden letter which, when combined with the hidden letters on the other cards, reveals a written clue about the show’s second season. Fans must collect all seven to unlock the hidden message.
- The cards were unveiled to the Revolution fandom at the show’s Comic-Con panel session on Saturday afternoon. Soon after introducing the “Flock to Unlock” initiative and a collective call to action, members of the audience began tweeting en masse to the #RevolutionCon hashtag, prompting the release of the first digital profile (Miles Matheson).
- Upon reaching announced Twitter thresholds for each subsequent character, the remaining cards will be released on Revolution’s Facebook,Twitter and Tumblr pages throughout the weekend and into next week, as fans continue tweeting. As each of the cards is unveiled, fans can find the hidden letters, leading to the season two message. After being unlocked, all of these digital profiles will live on an NBC.com microsite at www.nbc.com/revolution/cards, with links to the Revolution show homepage at www.nbc.com/revolution.
NBC’s #1 scripted television series returns for its second season on Sept. 25, airing on a new day and time: Wednesdays at 8/7c. Starring Billy Burke (Twilight movies), Tracy Spiridakos (Being Human), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Zak Orth (Melinda and Melinda), David Lyons (ER), JD Pardo (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2) and Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost), Revolution was created by Eric Kripke (Supernatural) and is executive produced by Kripke, J.J. Abrams (Lost, Fringe, Person of Interest), Bryan Burk (Lost, Fringe, Person of Interest), Rockne S. O’Bannon (Defiance, V) and Jon Favreau (Iron Man movies).
From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television, Revolution is an epic adventure that follows a family’s struggle to reunite in a post-apocalyptic American landscape where every piece of technology had mysteriously blacked out worldwide. Setting in motion a swashbuckling journey that led to the reason the lights went out, the season one finale found the show’s heroes at the Tower and the switch to turn the lights back on — but the mystery of the blackout is just the beginning.
Become a fan of the show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Revolution and follow the show on Twitter at @NBCRevolution. For additional information about Warner Bros. Television activities at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC) and visitwww.thewb.com/comiccon.
There was a lot going on at SDCC today…Hunger Games, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Guardians of the Galaxy, the announcing of the subtitle (and protagonist) for the next Avengers movie…but the announcement that stole the show was for the Man of Steel’s follow-up…Batman and Superman together in one movie!
Batman and Superman Team Up Atop Comic Book Sales Charts to Dominate June as DC Entertainment Preps for Strong Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013
Details of Neil Gaiman’s return to THE SANDMAN and genre-defying slate of Vertigo titles unveiled in advance of premier pop culture event of the year
BURBANK, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–DC Entertainment took the top three spots on the June comic book sales charts, with SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #1 – the debut issue of a new ongoing series by the dream team of writer Scott Snyder and DC Entertainment Co-Publisher and artist Jim Lee – clocking in as the top-selling DC Entertainment periodical according to Diamond Comic Distributors, the largest comic book distributor in the world.
“Superman, Batman, Justice League and The Sandman – an all-star cast of characters, books and creative talents are converging to tell some of the best stories in DC Entertainment’s history”
In addition to the record-breaking June debut of Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Man of Steel” and DC Entertainment’s SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #1, the month saw additional success with the periodical launch of June’s #2 book in sales, BATMAN/SUPERMAN #1. The new series debuted with a story showcasing the first meeting between the two iconic characters from writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee. Additionally, Pak was named the new ongoing writer of the original Superman comic book series, ACTION COMICS, starting in November.
The year continued to be a strong one for Batman, as the Dark Knight’s flagship title kicked off the anticipated origin story “Zero Year” with June’s #3 book in sales, BATMAN #21 – also written by the prolific Snyder with art by Greg Capullo. The story, slated to run for 11 issues, will also feature tie-ins with other DC Comics–The New 52 titles in November.
The flurry of news and activity arrives as DC Entertainment prepares for a full-court press at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013, the world’s largest pop culture event. With an interactive booth featuring Superman costumes through the years in celebration of The Man of Steel’s 75th anniversary, creator signings, giveaways, on-stage demos, video game consoles, DC Collectibles showcases, a green screen for photos, numerous panels – including the company’s first ever DC Digital panel – and events throughout the show, the con promises to be a can’t-miss moment. Fans can also check out a new Justice League “Trinity War” promo reel discussing the major beats of the summer event – directly from superstar writer and “Trinity War” mastermind Geoff Johns, in advance of September’s universe-wide FOREVER EVIL event, featuring art by top talent David Finch. The video debuted today and can be seen here:
Last week, Vertigo revealed details of Neil Gaiman’s highly anticipated return to the Sandman universe. Twenty-five years in the making, THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE will explore what the Dream King was up to prior to being captured and trapped, as shown in THE SANDMAN #1. Brought to life by renowned artist J.H. Williams III, the new six-issue, bi-monthly series is set for release on October 30th and will feature covers by Williams and original series cover artist Dave McKean.
“Superman, Batman, Justice League and The Sandman – an all-star cast of characters, books and creative talents are converging to tell some of the best stories in DC Entertainment’s history,” said Diane Nelson, DC Entertainment President. “We’re extremely excited to connect with our fans in San Diego and showcase some of the amazing stories and moments we have in store. It’s already been an amazing year, and we’re excited to unveil what’s next.”
Earlier this month, Vertigo’s upcoming genre-defying fall titles were announced in The New York Times. The impressive lineup includes the dark fantasy COFFIN HILL, the epic adventure HINTERKIND, the post-apocalyptic SUICIDERS, THE SANDMAN spin-off THE DEAD BOY DETECTIVES, a new THE WITCHING HOUR anthology and the erotic thriller THE DISCIPLINE. Adding to the excitement was news that AMERICAN VAMPIRE, the critically acclaimed series from Snyder and Rafael Albuquerque, would return in December.
The box office success of “Man of Steel” carried over into DC Collectibles’ June sales, as the high-end toy and collectibles line from DC Entertainment saw extremely strong sales of its acclaimed statue line based on characters from the film including Superman, Jor El and General Zod.
INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US was again the leading title for digital comics sales in June, with all four new chapters taking the top four sales spots, followed by popular Same-Day-Digital titles BATMAN #21, SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #1 and BATMAN/SUPERMAN #1. Looking forward to July, DC Entertainment’s digital comics line-up adds highly anticipated new title BATMAN ’66, featuring a DC2interactive experience.
On the book trade side, the prequels to WATCHMEN made their debuts as collected editions. BEFORE WATCHMEN: MINUTEMEN/SILK SPECTRE and BEFORE WATCHMEN: OZYMANDIAS/CRIMSON CORSAIR Deluxe Editions performed well in the marketplace, debuting as two of DC Entertainment’s top sellers. Also of note, several DC Comics – The New 52 collections – including BATMAN Vol. 2, BATMAN, INCORPORATED Vol. 1, AQUAMAN Vol. 2, ACTION COMICS Vol. 2, BATMAN AND ROBIN Vol. 2 and the WATCHMEN and SOLO Deluxe Editions – landed on The New York Times Hardcover Graphic Book Bestseller list. Vertigo titles THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO Book 2 and GET JIRO! landed on The New York Times Hardcover and Paperback Graphic Book Bestseller lists, respectively.
The company hit the road to spread the word on all things DC Entertainment with the company’s second successful “Retailer Roadshow” series of events. DC Entertainment Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee traveled across the country and met with key direct market comic shop retailers to discuss upcoming projects, retailer-focused initiatives and announce new titles like October’s SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000 and the “Lights Out” Green Lantern crossover.
Later this month, the newest issue of MAD Magazine will hit stands and feature another hearty dose of “The Usual Gang of Idiots” sharp wit and cutting satire – including celebrity jabs, another ridiculous MAD fold-in and a riotous riff on “The Hobbit.” Editor John Ficarra and co. will also be on hand at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 for the annual hilarity that is the MAD Magazine panel, along with teases and information on the much-anticipated INSIDE MAD collection.
About DC Entertainment:
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world. In January 2012, DC Entertainment, in collaboration with Warner Bros. and Time Warner divisions, launched We Can Be Heroes—a giving campaign featuring the iconic Justice League super heroes—to raise awareness and funds to fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.
This week Adult Swim and DC Entertainment release the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special on Blu-ray and DVD! Like a medieval jester speaking truth to power, Robot Chicken’s spoofs and irreverent humor allow them to point out the inconsistencies and flaws of the DC Universe. For instance, they bring Superman’s power to erase memories with a kiss to it’s obvious conclusion and what real nerds would do with the power of a Green Lantern ring. The show also makes several deep pulls from the DC mythology citing characters like B’dg and Mister Banjo (I had to look them up too).
While everybody gets lampooned at some point, the overarching theme of the special would be how much of a tool is Aquaman. All the hard work writer and Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns has done in the comics to establish Aquaman as a cool character is wiped away within the first ten seconds of the show. Which is especially perplexing since Johns is also a writer and executive producer of Robot Chicken.
The Blu-ray/DVD contains over two hours of bonus features including commentaries by the cast and crew, footage of the Robot Chicken team cosplaying for the special’s premiere, and a tour of DC Entertainment’s west coast office. Fun fact: Robot Chicken co-creator has an Arashikage ninja clan tattoo on the inside of his right arm.
This July, the Robot Chicken television series heads back to Blu-ray™ and DVD – and this time, the DC Comics universe is at the center of its Emmy® Award-winning stop-motion lampooning. Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, in partnership with DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, continues to build its repertoire of dishing out hilarious sketch comedy parodies in the all-new Adult Swim Blu-ray and DVD release, Robot Chicken DC Comics Special. The special, which boasts an all-star cast as well as characters Robot Chicken fans have grown to love, provides a unique take on some of the most iconic superheroes from the DC Comics universe – along with others whose powers can’t really be called “super.” It will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on July 9, 2013 for the suggested retail price of $19.98 and $14.98, respectively.
With more than two hours of bonus content created by the special’s producers, including deleted scenes, commentaries, outtakes and more, the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special Blu-ray and DVD is a must-own addition for fans of Robot Chicken and DC Comics alike. The special’s all-star cast includes series co-creator and executive producer Seth Green as Batman, Robin and the put-upon Aquaman; Neil Patrick Harris as Two-Face; Alfred Molina as Lex Luthor; Nathan Fillion as the Green Lantern; Megan Fox as Lois Lane; series and special writer/voice talent Breckin Meyer as Superman, plus Abe Benrubi, Alex Borstein, Clare Grant, Tara Strong, series co-creator and executive producer Matthew Senreich, series co-head writer/co-executive producer Tom Root, series director Zeb Wells and Kevin Shinick as co-producer, writer and narrator.
The list of special features included on the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special Blu-ray and DVD include:
· The Making of Robot Chicken DC Comics Special
· Robot Chicken DC Comics Special’s Aquaman Origin Story
· Chicken Nuggets
· Writers’ Commentary
· Actors’ Commentary
· DC Entertainment Tour
· Stoopid Alter Egos
· Deleted Sketches
· 5.2 Questions
Executive producers for the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special include Green, Senreich, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, Warner Bros. Animation’s Executive Vice President, Creative Affairs Sam Register, and Stoopid Buddies Stoodios’ John Harvatine IV and Eric Towner. Green directs the 23-minute special with a script by co-head writers/co-executive producers Douglas Goldstein and Root along with Robot Chicken series writers Green, Senreich, Mike Fasolo, Zeb Wells, Matthew Beans, DC Entertainment’s Johns, Men at Work and Franklin & Bash’s Meyer and MAD’s Shinick. Janet Dimon is supervising producer and Ethan Marak is co-producer.
Comments Off on DC Entertainment Celebrates Superman’s 75th Anniversary and More at SDCC 2013
DC ENTERTAINMENT UNLEASHES IMPRESSIVE SLATE OF STELLAR EVENTS AT COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO 2013
Superman 75th Anniversary Celebration of World’s Greatest Super Hero Continues
Neil Gaiman Awakens THE SANDMAN For All-New Series
Journey To The Dark Side As Villains Take Over DC COMICS – THE NEW 52
DC Entertainment, home to the World’s Greatest Super Heroes and the most talented writers and artists in the business, announced today it will storm Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 with an impressive line-up of events, announcements and giveaways that promise to amaze fans and continue to cement its position as a leader in the comic book industry.
The largest English-language publisher and the leader in digital comics innovation, DC Entertainment will conquer Comic-Con with a selection of can’t-miss events. Fans can look forward to an unprecedented celebration of the greatest and most iconic hero in history, Superman – including a look at the best-selling new series SUPERMAN UNCHAINED and the return of Neil Gaiman’s acclaimed Vertigo series with THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE, featuring the breathtaking artwork of J.H. Williams III. But the San Diego fireworks don’t end there, as DC Entertainment will be giving fans a sneak peek at the dark future within DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 and unveiling the JUSTICE LEAGUE KIA car featuring custom artwork from DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee to benefit the WE CAN BE HEROES giving campaign, and more.
DC Entertainment’s interactive 4,500 square foot booth (#1915) will take flight this year with a staggering collection of Superman costumes highlighting the Super Hero’s various eras and donned by actors including Henry Cavill, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain and Tom Welling. The costume gallery anchors a booth that also boasts video game demos, creator signings, a special fan green-screen photo area, giveaways and exclusive video footage.
Plus, with a schedule packed with over 15 panels, DC Entertainment is set to deliver to fans a stellar collection of appearances, announcements and events.
- All hail the world’s first Super Hero as Superman celebrates 75 years! DC Entertainment will join its partners across Warner Bros. Entertainment to salute the most revered and influential comic book character of all time with a slew of must-see events in celebration of both the Man of Steel’s history – including a special Superman 75 panel featuring an all-star roster of guests, including Jack Larson (the original Jimmy Olsen from Adventures of Superman), first-time Comic-Con panelist Tim Daly (Superman: The Animated Series) and reigning animated Supergirl Molly Quinn (Castle) to comics luminaries Paul Levitz, Grant Morrison and Dan Jurgens plus talent from the current blockbuster, “Man of Steel,” and a first look at the animated short chronicling the character’s rich history, produced by “Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder – plus more information on the powerhouse comic book series SUPERMAN UNCHAINED from acclaimed artist Jim Lee and writer Scott Snyder.
- Be there as the legendary Neil Gaiman offers fans a first look at his return to the comic book series that launched his career with Vertigo’s THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE. Brought to life by renowned artist J.H. Williams III, the new 6-issue miniseries set for release on October 30, will also be the subject of an all-star panel featuring Gaiman, Williams and artists Dave McKean and Sam Kieth.
- Dive into Vertigo’s upcoming slate of genre-defying titles – including the dark fantasy COFFIN HILL, the epic adventure HINTERKIND, the post-apocalyptic SUICIDERS, THE SANDMAN spin-off THE DEAD BOY DETECTIVES, and the erotic thriller THE DISCIPLINE, along with the return of the fan-favorite series from Scott Snyder and Rafael Albuquerque, AMERICAN VAMPIRE.
- Terror takes over when Villains Month hits in September. Get an inside look at the shocking events facing our heroes as the first DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 universe-wide event is unleashed. The event, spearheaded by the 7-issue FOREVER EVIL series by superstar writer Geoff Johns with art by the incredibly talented David Finch will also feature 52 jaw-dropping villain-centric titles boasting 3-D Motion covers. Fans will also be able to delve into the structure of this summer’s Justice League event Trinity War with a whiteboard animation video narrated by Johns, which will be showcased at the DC Entertainment booth. Plus, fans can get an early look at “Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics,” an all-new documentary to be teased along with a panel headed by Johns, Kevin Shinick (Robot Chicken), Andrea Romano (Batman: The Animated Series) and Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights).
- Don’t miss DC Entertainment’s display of seven Justice League-inspired KIA cars (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg) featuring custom automobile detailing and artwork by legendary artist Jim Lee at the Interactive Zone at Petco Park, Official Comic-Con Partner. Comic-Con will mark the unveiling of the centerpiece to the collection – the JUSTICE LEAGUE KIA – to be auctioned off to benefit the WE CAN BE HEROES giving campaign to help fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.
- DC Entertainment, firmly established as the industry leader in digital comics, will debut its first-ever panel dedicated to the space – slated to reveal new art, innovations and an all-star cast behind some of DC Comics Digital’s most popular releases including BATMAN ’66, INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US, SMALLVILLE SEASON 11, LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, BATMAN: LI’L GOTHAM, and BATMAN BEYOND!
- Fans will be able to pick up a wide offering of exclusive items only available at this year’s Comic-Con – including variant cover editions of some of DC Comics’ most popular series JUSTICE LEAGUE, BATMAN, SUPERMAN UNCHAINED, and BATMAN ’66, along with five new DC Collectibles items like the Aardman: Superman Action Figure, a three-pack of Super Best Friends Forever Action Figures, Batman Arkham City: Hugo Strange, a “Man of Steel” 1:6 scale Icon Statue black costume variant and DC Comics’ Super Heroes of Green Lantern four-pack.
- Superman gets an altogether different take in the fractured alternate universe of Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, the highly anticipated DC Universe Animated Original Movie to premiere Friday at Comic-Con.
- Get an inside look at INSIDE MAD, the hugely anticipated forthcoming collection from “The Usual Gang Of Idiots” at MAD Magazine and get a dose of the magazine’s wit and snark at the annual MAD panel – orchestrated by Editor John Ficarra and a side-splitting cast of characters.
– See more at: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/07/02/dc-entertainment-unleashes-impressive-slate-of-stellar-events-at-comic-con#sthash.WzD2hyiR.dpuf