DC Entertainment is pulling out all the stops in 2016 to make Comic-Con International: San Diego an event to remember for the multitude of fans attending July 20-24. The greatest Super Heroes and Super-Villains in comics and pop culture, the hottest artists and writers, exciting events and panels along with some of the most popular movie stars in Hollywood will all combine to make the DC booth (#1915) the place to be every day of the convention.
Comic-Con International: San Diego 2016 will be the launch pad for a yearlong celebration of DC’s famed Amazonian Super Hero. DC celebrates the 75th anniversary of Wonder Woman with a variety of activities commemorating her iconic evolution on and off the page. On Saturday, July 23 from 3:00 – 4:00pm in Room 6DE, fans will be treated to some of the creative talent at the heart of Wonder Woman’s past, present and future, along with a few surprise guests at the “Wonder Woman 75” panel.
Rare Wonder Woman costumes and props will be on display in the booth, including the original costume worn by Lynda Carter in the 1970s “Wonder Woman” television series as well as the costume donned by star Gal Gadot in the upcoming “Wonder Woman” 2017 feature film. Wonder Woman herself, Gal Gadot, will accompany her co-stars Chris Pine (Capt. Steve Trevor) and Connie Nielsen (Queen Hippolyta) to the DC booth for an autograph session, Saturday from 12:15 to 1:00pm. Wristbands for the Wonder Woman cast signing will be extremely limited and will be distributed beginning at 6am Saturday morning at the Sails Pavilion with the WB queue via lottery.
The excitement surrounding Wonder Woman’s 75th isn’t just limited to the show floor. Beginning Wednesday evening, fans will also have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to take a photo in the cockpit of Wonder Woman’s iconic invisible jet, located on the corner of Island and 6th, just outside the San Diego Convention Center in the Gaslamp district. Illuminating at night, this unique experience will also feature larger-than-life Wonder Woman art pieces being created live onsite, with art inspired by her history and upcoming film, by female artists throughout the weekend.
For fans that like to root for the bad guys, the “Worst Heroes Ever” will be in full effect at Comic-Con with a host of “Suicide Squad”-related activities. Throughout the weekend, the DC booth will feature costumes and props from the movie, in theaters August 5th. Comic fans will get a big dose of Suicide Squad, courtesy of the DC – Suicide Squad: Most Wanted panel on Friday from 11:15am-12:15pm in Room 6DE. The Harley Quinn team of Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner will be joined by artist Mauricet (HARLEY AND HER GANG OF HARLEYS), along with writer Rob Williams and legendary artist Jim Lee, the team bringing fans new adventures of these villains-turned-heroes in SUICIDE SQUAD: REBIRTH, on sale August 3rd.
On Saturday, fans will be lining up early to make sure they meet and get autographs from the cast of “Suicide Squad” when they make their appearance at the DC booth from 1:15 – 2:00pm. Cast members will include: Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn), Will Smith (Deadshot), Jared Leto (The Joker), Joel Kinnaman (Col. Rick Flag), Viola Davis (Amanda Waller), Jai Courtney (Captain Boomerang), Jay Hernandez (El Diablo), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Killer Croc), Scott Eastwood (Lieutenant GQ Edwards), Cara Delvingne (Enchantress), Adam Beach (Slipknot) and Karen Fukuhara (Katana). As with the “Wonder Woman” cast signing, wristbands will be extremely limited; they will be distributed Saturday morning beginning at 6am at the Sails Pavilion with the WB queue via lottery system.
Scheduled nearly every hour of the Con, the DC booth will also host an array of appearances and autograph sessions for some of the best artists and writers in comics including, but not limited to, Scott Snyder (ALL STAR BATMAN, AMERICAN VAMPIRE), Tom King (BATMAN, SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Liam Sharp and Nicola Scott (WONDER WOMAN), Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason (SUPERMAN), Hope Larson and Rafael Albuquerque (BATGIRL), Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti (HARLEY QUINN), Julie and Shawna Benson (BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY) and Dan Jurgens (ACTION COMICS, BATMAN BEYOND).
Ever wanted to “Be The Batman?” Then come to the DC booth for a hands-on demo of “Batman: Arkham VR,” the first virtual reality experience that allows players to put on the cape and cowl of Gotham’s Dark Knight like never before. From Rocksteady Studios, “Batman: Arkham VR” immerses players into the gritty world of Gotham City through the eyes of the World’s Greatest Detective. And if that’s not enough Batman, the booth with also feature a life-sized LEGO Batman statue. Demos for Batman: Arkham VR will also require wristbands, available at the Sails Pavilion beginning Thursday at 6am.
For fans of DC Super Hero Girls, it’s time once again to “Get Your Cape On” and mingle with the young heroes from “Super Hero High” in real life! The DC Super Hero Girls will be on hand to pose for pictures and give autographs to fans throughout the weekend. DC Super Hero Girls character Katana will also dazzle fans in the booth with her exhibitions of expert swordplay. Following the success of the New York Times best-selling original graphic novel DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: FINALS CRISIS, the heroes return in the upcoming original graphic novel DC SUPER HERO GIRLS Vol. 2: HITS & MYTHS and the original animated direct-to-DVD movie DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: HERO OF THE YEAR.
Any self respecting fan knows that no comic book convention is complete without cosplay, and the DC booth is the go-to spot for some awesome cosplay get-togethers every single day:
- Thursday, July 21, 2:30pm – DC Comics Bombshells cosplay celebration
- Friday, July 22, 5pm – Suicide Squad “Squad Up” cosplay celebration
- Location: Island and 6th Avenue, near Invisible Jet display
- Saturday, July 23, 5:00pm – Wonder Woman cosplay contest
- Sunday, July 24, 2:30pm – DC Super Hero Girls cosplay contest
All cosplayers who attend will be awarded a special custom DC Fans medal for participating (while supplies last).
The DC booth will also include a green screen where fans pose in backgrounds from their favorite DC comic characters, films and games, including the Suicide Squad movie, the Wonder Woman comic, DC REBIRTH, DC Super Hero Girls and the Injustice video game.
Fans will also be treated to a series of must-attend panels spotlighting DC’s iconic characters, and sneak peeks of yet-to-be released series. Highlights include:
- Fans jaws are still agape and minds blown from the biggest comics event of 2016: DC’s linewide REBIRTH relaunch! Join moderators Dan DiDio and Jim Lee along with some of the industry’s most creative talent to see what’s to come! (Saturday – 5:30, Room 6DE).
- Presented as “Comics for Dangerous Humans,” dive into the disruptive new pop-up imprint from My Chemical Romance front man and Eisner Award-winning writer Gerard Way, DC’s YOUNG ANIMAL. Joined by an experimental group of collaborators, Way will unleash a collection of bold new stories that will take the medium to places never before seen (Friday – 5:30, Room 5AB).
- After more than 75 years of stories, the Batman family of comics has never been hotter! Join the DC talent behind your favorite Dark Knight tales for an exclusive look at what’s next for the World’s Greatest Detective and his crime fighting colleagues! With Tom King (BATMAN), Scott Snyder (ALL STAR BATMAN), Julie and Shawna Benson (BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY) and James Tynion IV (DETECTIVE COMICS) among others, this is the best time to explore the gritty streets of Gotham City! Room: 6DE
- Be there as top talent from the genre-defying Vertigo imprint such as SUICIDERS: KINGS OF HELL.A. writer/artist Lee Bermejo, LUCIFER artist Lee Garbett and SHERIFF OF BABYLON writer Tom King discuss what’s to come in their current series (Thursday – 4:30, Room 8).
- Always the most hilarious panel at the Con, the MAD Magazine panel led by longtime editor John Ficarra and his “Usual Gang Of Idiots” including longtime artist Sergio Aragones and GOODNIGHT BATCAVE artist Tom Richmond will be one not to miss (Thursday – 6:00, Room 5AB).
- Highlighted by stunning new Wonder Woman 75th anniversary figures, the DC Collectibles panel will unveil their latest line of action figures, statues, props and more (Thursday – 10:00, Room 9).
- The Graphitti Designs booth #2314 will also once again carry highly collectible, exclusive variant comic books available for SDCC attendees only. All titles will be on sale beginning Wednesday Preview Night, July 20. DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE #5 features an exclusive cover from BATGIRL artist Rafael Albuquerque and sells for $15 and is limited to two (2) copies per customer. Additional variants include BATMAN #1, WONDER WOMAN #1, and SUPERMAN #1 featuring art by Jim Lee and imprinted on silver foil, each selling for $10. JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 also receives the exclusive convention variant treatment, featuring cover art by Tony Daniel imprinted on silver foil and selling for $10.
Download the new DC All Access mobile app for a complete list of panels, behind-the-scenes coverage and in-depth interviews directly from DC’s web series, “DC All Access.” The app is available for free at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
Annual Celebration for World’s Most Popular Super Hero Slated for September 17
DC Entertainment will join millions of fans in celebration of the pop culture phenomenon as Saturday, September 17th is officially announced as BATMAN DAY 2016.
Celebrating Batman’s endearing legacy with generations of fans, DC Entertainment will once again fete the iconic legend with festivities at thousands of comic book retailers, bookstores, schools and libraries across the country. Retail activities include free comic book giveaways and talent signings. Confirmed signing events feature blockbuster talent like Frank Miller, Scott Snyder, Tom King, James Tynion IV, and Greg Capullo with many more to be announced.
In addition to DC Entertainment, BATMAN DAY participating partners include many Warner Bros. divisions, as well as Warner Bros. Consumer Products licensees — Capstone Young Readers, Penguin Random House, Scholastic, DK Licensing, Bendon, and HarperCollins. These partnerships provide the unique opportunity for retail and digital promotion across various media in celebration of the Dark Knight.
The annual fan-favorite event, now in its third year, was first introduced to honor the iconic character’s 75th anniversary. Continuing the BATMAN DAY tradition, DC Entertainment will present Bat-centric promotions, fan giveaways and more, all to honor the character that has become a Super Hero to many generations and continues to inspire fans across the globe.
The official BATMAN DAY event kit will include activity sheets, trivia, and games and will be available for download on www.dccomics.com/batmandaykit.
DC Entertainment announced a new identity and logo for its iconic DC brand. The new DC logo is a mark that leverages over 80 years of heritage with an eye toward the future.
“While comics continue to be the heart and soul of DC, the brand has evolved to now stand for powerful storytelling across so many different forms of media. DC is home to the greatest Super Heroes and Super-Villains, and the new logo has the character and strength to stand proudly alongside DC’s iconic symbols,” stated Amit Desai, DC Entertainment Senior Vice President of Marketing and Global Franchise Management.
“The launch of the new logo is the perfect tribute to DC’s legacy, exciting future and most importantly, our fans.”
The new logo will debut on the cover of the highly-anticipated DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH SPECIAL #1 comic book written by Geoff Johns releasing May 25 and available in comic book shops and digitally. REBIRTH represents the next chapter in the ongoing saga of the DC Universe, mixing traditional values and a modern aesthetic.
“I’m very proud that REBIRTH will be the first comic book published with the new DC logo.” stated Geoff Johns, DC Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer. “To me, REBIRTH and the new DC logo are built on what’s come before while looking to what will come tomorrow. I can’t wait for people to see it on the cover.”
The new DC branding will be introduced immediately on various digital platforms, including DC websites, social media channels, DC All Access webseries, and DC All Access app and will continue to rollout worldwide across all DC content and products. One of the many benefits of the new logo design is its versatility to showcase DC’s iconic and timeless characters and stories across all media. Look for the new logo to come to life at key events in the coming months.
The new identity and logo were developed in partnership with Pentagram, the world’s largest independent design consultancy.
In an effort to find new and aspiring comic book talent, DC Entertainment has launched Talent Development Workshops for both writers and artists, led by bestselling and acclaimed comic talent including Jim Lee, Geoff Johns, Scott Snyder, Klaus Janson, and Andy Kubert. The series of workshops are designed to give access and a voice to new and prospective talent, providing an opportunity to showcase their work following intensive DC workshop sessions.
Online applications for DC’s Artists Workshop will be accepted April 1-30, 2016 while applications for the Writers Workshop will be accepted May 1-31, 2016. DC’s new Talent Development website offers extensive tips, advice and recommended reading to help potential applicants navigate the submission process. Both workshops will take place in fall 2016.
“Our goal is to identify and foster fresh, new voices,” stated DC Entertainment Co-Publisher and bestselling artist, Jim Lee. “The new DC Talent Development Workshops will play a vital role in discovering and developing the next generation of comic talent.”
“I’ve brought in a lot of new writers to DC, both from within and outside of comics, for Rebirth, working with them closely as we rebuild our universe,” stated DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer, Geoff Johns. “The creative growth of DC comes from new voices joining the mix, both writers and artists, and it’s been an absolute highlight to work with them.”
Bestselling Batman writer Scott Snyder added, “I’m so proud and honored to be heading up DC’s Writers Workshop. Teaching has always been a passion of mine, and getting to help welcome and coach new voices at a company that’s given me so many creative opportunities is a tremendous thrill.”
About the Artists Workshop
The 2016 Artists Workshop was developed by DC with world-renowned artists Jim Lee, Klaus Janson and Andy Kubert and follows a successful pilot program that took place in fall 2015. Visit DCComicsTalentWorkshop.com to view artwork completed by pilot program students.
Competitive candidates will have an established portfolio of sequential art and illustrations. For the artists selected via the online submission process, the Workshop will provide the knowledge and exposure required to cross the threshold into the competitive world of comic book publishing. Chosen artists will be asked to complete art assignments that will be critiqued by several top DC Artists. If the artists achieve the level of work required for the course they will then be invited to a two-week, intensive workshop at DCE’s Burbank offices.
About the Writers Workshop
The 2016 Writers Workshop was developed by DC with bestselling writer Scott Snyder and follows a successful three-month pilot program. For selected candidates, the first part of the 2016–2017 DC Comics Writers Workshop will run October 2016–January 2017 as an online real-time, weekly interactive seminar, for thirteen consecutive weeks. Each seminar will teach a new skill essential for surviving and excelling in this highly competitive field. Following the initial Workshop, a smaller hand-selected group of those participants will be invited to DCE offices in Burbank for an intensive writing experience, featuring guest speakers currently working in comic books, including a mix of editors, writers, artists and the Talent Development staff.
Upon completion of the Master Class program, DCE’s Talent Development group will ensure successful participants are considered for positions on current DC titles.
The All-Star Talent For The Line-Wide Relaunch – DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH – Will Be Revealed At An Unprecedented Saturday Morning Press Conference Open To All And Streamed Live! Plus there will be awesome fan activities, informative publishing panels, and special surprise announcements.
Marking WonderCon’s debut in its own backyard, DC Entertainment (DCE) will dominate the event with a stellar lineup of panels and fan activities beginning Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 at The Los Angeles Convention Center.
DCE’s WonderCon 2016 programming will be highlighted by a must-attend event touting the upcoming colossal DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH line-wide comic book title relaunch. Open to media and fans and taking place Saturday, March 26 at 9 a.m. PDT in Petree Hall C in the West Hall, the press conference will be moderated by DC All Access co-host Tiffany Smith and include appearances by DCE Co-Publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio and DCE Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, who will reveal for the first time the lineup of writers and artists creating this incredible new universe of storytelling. This press conference will also be streamed live on DC Entertainment’s YouTube channel, and viewers can follow this interactive fan experience with #REBIRTH.
During the three-day convention, DCE’s expansive booth (#1602) will serve as the go-to location for fans to mingle with some of the best comic writers and artists in the business with a robust schedule of talent signings, in addition to swag giveaways celebrating DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH and the upcoming feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Plus, the booth will feature an impressive collection of items from DC Collectibles and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and a towering, working Bat Signal made entirely of LEGO bricks in an homage to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie from acclaimed exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS. Fans will also be tempted to shout, “Look! Up in the sky!” when they see the Superman LEGO sculpture soaring above the booth.
DCE will also delight fans with a robust schedule of fan-favorite panel programming spanning every day of the Con.
- Go behind the scenes of DCE at DC ENTERTAINMENT – ALL ACCESS. Offering an in-depth look at some of the most exciting stories ever told across DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD, join Vertigo Executive Editor Shelly Bond, Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Jason Fabok (JUSTICE LEAGUE), JT Krul (BLOODLINES), Mitch Gerads (SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Annie Wu (BLACK CANARY) plus get the latest from acclaimed contemporary artist Nathan Sawaya (THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS). New and veteran fans alike are welcome for a tutorial on the essential stories, videos and products that make up DCE in a 101 guide to the DC Universe! Friday 1:30 p.m., Room 403AB
- It’ll be a yabba dabba doo time during DC COMICS – HANNA BARBERA. DCE Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee will join artists Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti to give fans an exclusive taste of what’s in store as their favorite cartoons get a new twist with SCOOBY APOCALYPSE, THE FLINTSTONES, FUTURE QUEST and WACKY RACELAND. Friday 2:30 p.m., Room: 403AB
- From action figures to statues, busts to PVC figures, the DC Collectibles panel is the place to be for a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most spectacular products. Plus, hear from the team about how they come up with so many must-own products, and get an early look at what’s about to hit shelves. Saturday 1 p.m., Room: 151
- Artists and fans have the chance to learn from the best during ART MASTERS: DRAWING DC. Featuring a collection of talented DCE artists including Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Bernard Chang (BATMAN BEYOND), Amanda Conner (HARLEY QUINN, STARFIRE) and John Romita, Jr (SUPERMAN) take a unique look into their visual approach in shaping some of the best comics in the industry. Saturday 4 p.m., Room: 151
- Sit down with Jim Lee and Dan DiDio during their traditional SUNDAY CONVERSATION WITH THE CO-PUBLISHERS panel to get an up-close look at the driving forces behind DC Comics, Vertigo, MAD, and much more. Sunday 12 p.m., Room: 151
- The Graphitti Designs booth (South Hall, Booth #1403) will also feature WonderCon exclusive variant editions of THE DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE with cover art from Howard Porter, Jill Thompson, and Paul Pope. Plus #50 issues of SUPERMAN, BATMAN and WONDER WOMAN will also be available with exclusive variant covers featuring Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman) and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) from the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. And make sure to stop by the booth Saturday when a new mystery variant cover is revealed!
For all of your WonderCon event coverage, special announcements and exclusives for attendees, download the new DC All Access app, available at the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
On sale at the Graphitti Designs booth (South Hall, Booth #1403), these comics feature variant covers spotlighting some of DC Comics’ most popular titles, hottest artists and the highly anticipated feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Beginning Friday, DC Entertainment is excited to feature the following variant cover comic books for sale at WonderCon:
Co-written with Brian Azzarello with art by Andy Kubert and Klaus Janson, DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE pits Batman, Carrie Kelley, Superman and Wonder Woman against a renegade priest and his maniacal followers from the newly-restored city of Kandor! The first three issues will be available for sale during WonderCon, each with its own unique variant cover and selling for $15 each.
The issue #1 variant cover features art by Howard Porter (SUPERMAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE 3001). Issue #2 features cover art by Jill Thompson, while issue #3 includes a variant cover by Paul Pope. And if you’ve ever wanted your own one of a kind Dark Knight III cover from your favorite Bat-artist, then you’re in luck; DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE issue #1 will be available for $10, with a blank sketch cover you can take with you to artists’ alley!
Another series of exclusive variant covers celebrates the upcoming feature film BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE with variant covers for issues #50 of SUPERMAN, BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN. Each sells for $10, and features a photo cover of each of the three principal actors in the film, Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman) and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman).
WonderCon 2016 takes place March 25-27 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California. Stay up to date on all things DC Entertainment by downloading the all-new DC Entertainment app on the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. And be sure and stop by the DC Entertainment booth in South Hall (#1602) to meet some of your favorite writers and artists!
New Jersey Comic Expo (#NJCE) makes its debut this weekend on November 21st and 22nd with several special guests!
Best-selling and fan favorite superstar comic book artist Jim Lee will be making a rare appearance at NJCE on Sunday, November 22nd. Jim’s appearance at NJCE is his final U.S. convention appearance of the year! Attendees will have the chance to line up for a special TWO HOUR hour signing with a two-item limit! The signing will begin at 10AM and will be first come, first served.
Writer Garth Ennis, best known as the co-creator of the Vertigo comic Preacher with Steve Dillon, which is coming soon to AMC, and his fan beloved nine-year run on Marvel’s Punisher. So if you have a stack of the plethora of comics authored by Mr. Ennis, you may want to bring them to the 2015 NJCE, because this will be his ONLY appearance in the great state of New Jersey.
Superstar Comic Book artist John Cassaday will be making a rare appearance this weekend at the New Jersey Comic Expo! Appearing both Saturday & Sunday, John who most recently handled the art on the first six issues of Marvel’s flagship Star Wars book, will be signing books for fans and will also be available for meet & greet session via our VIP packages.
Angel and Person of Interest’s Amy Acker will be joining us on Saturday and Drea de Matteo (The Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy) and from Marvel’s Daredevil on NetFlix Peter Shinkoda and Tommy Walker will be there all weekend. In addition to signing autographs for fans (Additional fees apply) at their tables in our Celeb Signing Area we will also be offering the opportunity to have a professional photo with your favorite celeb taken by Epic Photo-Ops, the convention photo pros.
Other guests include: Mark Bagley, Frank J. Barbiere, Chris Batista, Ryan Bodenheim, Ivan Brandon, June Brigman, Jim Calafiore, Dennis Calero, Joe Caramagna, Paul Castiglia, Chris Claremont, Toby Cypress, Vito Delsante, Todd Dezago, Steve Ellis, The Fraim Bros, Bryan J.L. Glass, Justin Gray, Scott Hanna, Joe Harris, Edwin Huang, Jamal Igle, Jeff King, Joseph Michael Linsner, Shawn Martinbrough, Ben McCool, Mark Morales, Rags Morales, Rudy Nebres, Fabian Nicieza, Cary Nord, Carl Potts, Rodney Ramos, Tom Raney, Ivan Reis, Rod Reis, Dave Roman, Craig Rousseau, Fernando Ruiz, Buddy Scalera, Bob Schreck, Jeffery Shultz, Alex Simmons, Louise Simonson, Walter Simonson, Frank Tieri, Peter J. Tomasi, Ethan Van Sciver, Charles Paul Wilson III, and more! For the full guest list, tickets, and further details please check the website: www.newjerseycomicexpo.com
John Romita Jr. is one of the comic book industry’s greatest artists. Join him in a discussion about redefining the greatest superhero of all time, SUPERMAN, and what it means to create a new legacy with DC Entertainment.
In case of rain, events are held under a tent at the Reading Room. In case of severe weather, please check bryantpark.org for the indoor location.
DC Entertainment Takes Center Stage at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015
Something for Everyone: Top Industry Talent Showcases DC Comics’ Newly-Expanded Line
Vertigo and MAD Magazine to Make Big News at the Con
Special edition, exclusive variant comic books available only to fans at SDCC!
DC Entertainment (DCE), one of the world’s largest English language comic book publishers, will roll out the red carpet for its fans at Comic-Con International: San Diego. An impressive 19 panels will put the spotlight squarely on DC Comics’ broad range of titles and tonalities, Vertigo’s creator-driven, genre storytelling, and MAD’s comedic take on all things pop culture. Additionally, fans attending the show can purchase DCE’s highly-collectible, exclusive variant comic books.
Fans will get to hear directly from the best comic talent in the industry at a slate of panels over the four-day pop culture celebration. DCE panels include:
- From iconic characters to emerging heroes, the expansive DC Universe allows for a wide range of tonalities and a rich universe of stories, enabling readers of all ages and interests to find their favorite series. Meet the top talent behind some of the most celebrated series including SUPERMAN’s new, award-winning writer Gene Luen Yang, BATGIRL artist Babs Tarr and writers Cameron Stewart and Brenden Fletcher, and BIZARRO writer Heath Corson, among others. Plus, get an advanced look at the highly-anticipated series CYBORG with writer David Walker ahead of its debut in July. Get ready for the New DC Universe with these panels: “Mysteries in Space” on Thursday, “Superman,” “Justice for All,” and “The Bad Guys” all on Friday, and on Saturday “The Lighter Side,” “Batman” featuring all-star creative team Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, and “The Upstarts” featuring the most cutting-edge writers and artists in the industry.
- Following the release of bestselling and Eisner-nominated mini-series THE MULTIVERSITY, writer Grant Morrison will explain how he redefined the DC Universe, giving fans a look back (and forward) to where the far-reaching effects of The Multiversity will be felt most. Don’t miss “DC Entertainment – Grant Morrison: The Multiversity.” DC Entertainment – Grant Morrison: The Multiversity and Beyond – Saturday
- Join superstar JUSTICE LEAGUE writer Geoff Johns for an all-access and in-depth discussion. From Earth One to Darkseid War to all things in between, be here for this exclusive panel that will give you insight into one of the genre’s most influential contributors. DC Entertainment – One-on-One with Geoff Johns – Friday
- Dive into DC Entertainment – Page to Screen, a can’t miss panel celebrating DCE’s film, TV, game, and animation slates. Join talent behind the inner-workings, including moderator and TV GUIDE reporter Damian Holbrook, DCE Chief Creative Office Geoff Johns, Marc Guggenheim (Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Andrew Kreisberg (Arrow, The Flash) Heath Corson (Justice League: Throne Of Atlantis), and more! DC Entertainment – Page to Screen – Friday
- Find out where some of your favorite Vertigo titles are heading, and also be the first to hear about the new series on deck for the fall from comics’ most innovative imprint. Vertigo: What’s the Story – Thursday
- See what “The Usual Gang Of Idiots” at MAD Magazine are up to at the side-splitting, must-attend annual panel helmed by SVP and Executive Editor John Ficarra and a hilarious cast of characters. Mad about MAD – Thursday
- Check out the latest action figures, statues, props and more from the creative minds of DC Collectibles and get an exclusive sneak peek at upcoming releases. DC Collectibles –Thursday
Make sure to stop by DCE’s 4,500 square foot booth (#1915) – the hub for DCE talent signings, hands-on video gameplay, and artist demos, where attendees will have a chance to mingle with some of the best writers and artists in the business. Fans will also get a chance to take photos with their favorite characters with the DCE green screen.
Also checkout highly collectible, exclusive variant comic books available for SDCC attendees only through the Graphitti Designs booth #2314. Certain variants will only be available on specific days while others will be available throughout the convention. Variants include BLACK CANARY #1 (available Thursday, 7/9), BATMAN BEYOND #1 (available Friday, 7/10), MIDNIGHTER #1 (available Saturday, 7/11), BIZARRO #1 (available Sunday, 7/12), and variants available on all days include ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN #1, HARLEY QUINN #17, SUPERMAN #41, BATMAN #41, and JUSTICE LEAGUE #41. A special, rare, oversized gate-fold cover variant of JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1 will only be available Saturday, 7/11.
Visit DCComics.com for a complete list of panels, and behind-the-scenes coverage and in-depth interviews directly from DCE’s popular web series, DC ALL ACCESS. Download the DC Entertainment Events App on Apple’s App Store or the Google Play Store to stay up to speed on all DC Entertainment signings, panels and stage events at San Diego Comic-Con.
Comments Off on Stephen Amell to Serve as Master of Ceremonies for a Night of DC Entertainment at SDCC 2014
OUT OF THE SHADOWS AND INTO THE LIMELIGHT
OLIVER QUEEN HIMSELF, ARROW STAR STEPHEN AMELL, TO SERVE AS MASTER OF CEREMONIES AS WARNER BROS. TELEVISION PRESENTS A NIGHT OF DC ENTERTAINMENT, SATURDAY, JULY 26, AT COMIC-CON 2014
Three-Hour Event (8:00–11:00 p.m.) in Hall H Features the World Premiere of Gotham, Complete Pilot Screening of The Flash and Exclusive Footage From New Series Constantine and Season Three of Arrow
BURBANK, Calif. (July 8, 2014) — While it may be possible to throw a great party without the assistance and backing of a billionaire playboy, Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and DC Entertainment (DCE) are taking no chances, with Starling City’s favorite vigilante-turned-hero stepping out of the shadows and into the limelight, temporarily putting down his bow in favor of picking up a mic: Arrow star Stephen Amell (Twitter: @amellywood) has been tapped to serve as master of ceremonies when Warner Bros. Television Presents A Night of DC Entertainment on Saturday night, July 26, at Comic-Con 2014.
As previously announced, WBTV and DC Entertainment are teaming up for a three-hour (8:00–11:00 p.m.) special event in Hall H designed for DC Comics fans and featuring some of DC Comics’ greatest characters. Amell will preside over the world premiere screening of Gotham and the complete pilot screening of The Flash, and will give fans a look at footage from the Constantine pilot and a sneak peek at season three of Arrow. He will also introduce select stars and producers from each of the four series.
In Arrow, Stephen Amell plays Oliver Queen, who returned home to Starling City after being gone for five years, during which time he suffered unimaginable ordeals. With a mysterious agenda and armed with a new set of skills, Oliver moonlights as the Arrow, a crime-fighting hero looking to clean up the streets of his city. Joined by his team — John Diggle (David Ramsey), Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) and Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) — Oliver protects the people he loves, becoming a beacon of hope for the city’s most vulnerable, and a weapon of justice against those who prey upon them. Arrow returns for season three on October 8, airing Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW.