FAN EXPO VANCOUVER™ GATHERS GEEKS AND SUPERHEROES
Freddy Krueger to The Walking Dead alum added to the star-studded line-up
Vancouver, BC (March 19, 2014) – FAN EXPO Vancouver™ will mark its third year by delivering a fan-tastic Easter Break escape for geeks and superheroes of all ages. The celebration of comics, sci-fi, horror, anime, and gaming returns April 18-20, 2014 at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
In the wise words of Jedi Master Yoda “Do or do not, there is no try.” At FAN EXPO Vancouver™ fans can ‘do’ it all: Q&A’s with celebrities and industry pros, sketch duels, photos opportunities with the entire Star Wars 501st Legion crew, retail and exhibitor areas bursting with rare comics and collectibles to the latest nerd-wear and tech-gear, and gatherings of fellow minded superheroes in and out of disguise (Batman or Bunny costume optional).
“FAN EXPO is the perfect playground for pop culture fans of all ages and this year we made it bigger for Vancouver fans,” says FAN EXPO HQ President, Steve Menzie. “We added 50% more space and a third day so our fans can enjoy even more of the fandom they are so passionate about.”
FAN EXPO VANCOUVER™ GUESTS INCLUDE:
- KARL URBAN (Almost Human; Star Trek)
- STEVEN YEUN (The Walking Dead)
- BRUCE CAMPBELL (Army of Darkness; Evil Dead)
- ROBERT ENGLUND (A Nightmare on Elm Street)
- STEPHEN AMELL (Star of Arrow)
- ELIZA DUSHKU (Angel; Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Dollhouse)
- GIANCARLO ESPOSITO (Breaking Bad; Revolution)
- RAY PARK (G.I. Joe; Star Wars Episode I)
- CHARISMA CARPENTER (Angel; Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- JON HEDER (Napoleon Dynamite; Blades of Glory)
- MICHAEL ROSENBAUM (Smallville)
- BRUCE BOXLEITNER (Babylon 5; Tron)
- JOHN DE LANCIE (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- MORENA BACCARIN (Serenity/Firefly; Homeland)
- TOM FELTON (Harry Potter)
- BILLY BOYD (Lord of the Rings)
For the complete list of guests, info and tickets, visit our website at http://jivecommunications.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=2f3e3a68691554962f3e63fb8&id=d9ccc6a1d5&e=28ad5431a1
FAN EXPO Vancouver™ is a comics, sci-fi, horror, anime, and gaming event featuring exciting family-friendly activities. 2014 Celebrity Guests include Karl Urban (Star Trek), Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead), Bruce Campbell (Army of Darkness), Stephen Amell (Arrow), Robert Englund (Nightmare on Elm Street), and Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), and more! FAN EXPO Vancouver™ is now a three-day pop culture extravaganza April 18-20, 2014 at the Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, BC.
FAN EXPO HQ is the largest entertainment convention group in the country and one of the largest in the world. Collectively it hosts almost 250,000 fans annually at FAN EXPO Canada™, FAN EXPO Vancouver™, FAN EXPO Regina™; Toronto ComiCon, Dallas Comic Con, Dallas Sci-Fi Expo, and Dallas Fan Days presented by FAN EXPO.
Emerald City Comicon gets Stephen Amell, NYCC gets JMS (and lots more), Wizard World Chicago starts, and Boston Comic Con wraps up.
Arrow’s Stephen Amell is headed to Dragon Con while the Florida Comics Experience gets Paul Pelletier. See what else we’ve Scene on the Web.
On March 29-31, 2013, Anaheim was home to Wondercon 2013! With the decision to keep Wondercon in Anaheim this year, I couldn’t help but wonder if this was a permanent move. The numbers seem to support that decision, with record numbers attending the show, backing with CCI’s reputation of entertaining fans with celebrities, comic book superstars, and amazing vendors! In addition, it’s proximity to Disneyland is always a big plus for any guy wanting to entertain the whole family.
The show floor was bigger this year, almost replicating the 2 show floor model that ECCC used this year. Also, the huge convention center dome was used to house movie and TV stars to promote their latest works. It was definitely a well run show, and this reporter definitely had a great time talking to fans, artists, and celebrities. Wondercon definitely put on a great show, and whether it’s in Anaheim or San Francisco, and I can’t wait for next year!
Now, on to the amazing things I got to see at the show:
Welcome to Wondercon 2013!
My first stop: joining the long line of fans for the Wondercon exclusives of Mondo!
Ron Lim signing some Thanos related books in Artist Alley.
Jim Steranko signing some Nick Fury books at his booth.
Admiring the beautiful Arrow statue on display at the DC booth…
And then bumping into some fans on the show floor.
The awesome display at the Oblivion booth.
And a Rocketeer behind the banner posing for fans.
Shredder and Deadpool yelling and random people on the floor. Instant comedy.
Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld sketching for fans all weekend.
Kristin Kreuk posing for photographers at Wondercon for Beauty and the Beast!
A Superman fan dressed up for the premiere for Superman Unbound.
Batman rogues running amuck at Wondercon.
Scott Snyder, Jim Lee, and Alex Sinclair, signing at the DC booth at the end of the day.
Marc Silvestri sketching for fans all weekend on his birthday!
Stan Lee came by and wishing Marc a happy birthday!
An amazing Witchblade cosplayer delighting Marc and his fans!
Excited fans waiting in line for Pac Rim.
I got to meet the talented artist Ethan Castillo in the Dan Slott line! Here’s a piece that was inspired by Humberto Ramos.
Dan Slott showing Scott Snyder some love at his signing.
The cast of Revolution sharing a laugh at Wondercon.
Mark Waid talking to the Boom Studios crew.
Humberto Ramos working on a commission at Wondercon.
The crowd waiting for Joss Whedon’s Much Ado About Nothing panel.
Joss Whedon and the Much Ado about Nothing cast at their Sunday morning panel.
Olly Moss and Mike Mitchell signing at the Mondo booth!
The Arrow cast pose for pictures at Wondercon!
Packed house, even on Easter Sunday!
Speaking of Easter, only Wondercon can get zombie Jesus and PSY together.
And now, onto some more cosplay pictures.
Cute dogs get so much love.
Ghost Rider judging attendees.
C is for cookie (and comics)!
Yoshi and Mario hanging out on the show floor.
Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!
An awesome paper Mario.
The best Guy Gardner costume I’ve ever seen.
The coolest spot at Wonder Con.
The couples that cosplay together, stay together.
He-Man and She-Ra!
Cyclops and Jean Grey!
Spidey and Deadpool teamup!
Don’t get on the list! Don’t miss out on Wondercon next year!
DC ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES ACTION-PACKED TAKEOVER OF NEW YORK COMIC CON
Major initiatives take spotlight at pop culture and comic book mega-event:
Cast of Warner Bros. Television’s ARROW to appear in DC Entertainment booth
Revelations from hit comic saga BATMAN: DEATH OF THE FAMILY
SUPERMAN, BATMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE news
Spotlight on Vertigo’s THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO graphic novel
Exclusive comics, collectibles and more
BURBANK, Calif. (October 5, 2012) – DC Entertainment – the industry leader in print and digital comics – will raise fan excitement to record-breaking levels with a number of announcements, creator signings, panels and celebrity appearances at New York Comic-Con. The impressive lineup of DC Entertainment activities takes place October 11-14 and cements New York Comic-Con’s position as one of the can’t-miss pop culture events of the year.
Stephen Amell – star of The CW’s highly-anticipated ARROW – will be on hand, along with an unprecedented lineup of comic book talent to give fans and attendees exclusive insight into DC Entertainment’s best-selling titles and iconic characters.
DC Entertainment will also debut its new, fully interactive booth experience at New York Comic-Con. First revealed at San Diego Comic-Con earlier this year, the state-of-the-art booth includes a demo area where fans can experience digital comic book reading on the iPad, Nook and Kindle and a green screen that will allow attendees to pose next to some of their favorite Super-Villains. Fans will also be able to purchase exclusive merchandise at the DC Entertainment booth for the first time, including top titles and a wide selection of DC Collectibles product.
DC Entertainment can be found at booth #1238. Here are some of the major stories fans can look forward to hearing about at the show – plus much more:
- Following the historic, nationwide debut of “Arrow Day,” superstar comic book writer and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns joins the cast and creators of ARROW for an exclusive panel to provide new insights into the new television series on Sunday at 11 a.m. in the IGN Theater.
- Con-goers and panel attendees will be treated to major, game-changing news announcements affecting the Man of Steel and the entire SUPERMAN family of titles.
- Fans will also be treated to key revelations and jaw-dropping, beautiful art from the best-selling BATMAN: DEATH OF THE FAMILY event courtesy of writer Scott Snyder, artist Greg Capullo and an all-star cast of talent.
- DC Entertainment will announce details on a new and unique partnership in support of WE CAN BE HEROES.
- The literary event of the season will be a major point of interest, as the gritty graphic novel adaptation of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO speeds toward its November release.
- Clues surround the next chapter in the epic GREEN LANTERN comic book saga, as fans will get hints at what’s coming their way in the pages of the RISE OF THE THIRD ARMY crossover event.
- Vertigo fans will get a heavy dose of their favorite titles – along with some groundbreaking new additions, including SANDMAN, DJANGO UNCHAINED, GHOSTS and FABLES: WEREWOLVES OF THE HEARTLAND and more.
- MAD Magazine’s “Usual Gang of Idiots” will be on hand to discuss the arrival of Totally MAD, a hardcover book celebrating 60 years of the magazine’s sharp satire and biting parody. Fans will also have the chance to subscribe to MAD Magazine in the DC Entertainment booth.
- Can’t make the Con? DC Entertainment’s website is the go-to place for exclusive announcements, creator access and artwork reveals and more. Visit the page at Con Away From Con page.
DC Entertainment’s New York Comic-Con 2012 panel schedule includes:
Thursday, October 11:
- 5:00-6:00pm – DC Collectibles
- 6:30-7:30pm – DC Comics – THE NEW 52: Superman
Friday, October 12:
- 10:15-11:00am – DC Entertainment: Talent Search
- 12:30-1:30pm – DC Entertainment: From Concept to Page
- 1:30-2:30pm – Vertigo: A View from the Cutting Edge of Comics
- 2:45-3:45pm – DC Comics: Green Lantern – The Third Army Arrives
- 4:15-5:15pm – DC Comics All Access: Before Watchmen
Saturday, October 13:
- 11:00am-12:00pm – DC Entertainment: Talent Search
- 12:15pm-1:15pm – Mad about MAD
- 1:30-2:30pm – DC Comics – THE NEW 52
- 4:00-5:00pm – Vertigo – Fables: 10th Anniversary!
- 5:15-6:15pm – DC Comics: Justice League
Sunday, October 14:
- 11:00am-12:00pm – DC Entertainment: Meet the Co-Publishers
- 12:15pm-1:15pm – DC Comics: Batman – Death Comes to Gotham
- 2:30-3:30pm – Drawing DC: Kids Edition
From executive producers Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville), hard-hitting action TV series Arrow reinvents the DC Comics hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and a very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime. The series stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice), Colin Donnell (Pan Am), Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), David Ramsey (Dexter), Willa Holland (The O.C.) with Susanna Thompson (Dragonfly) and Paul Blackthorne (The River). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Arrow will air Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW this fall.
About DC Entertainment:
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world. In January 2012, DC Entertainment, in collaboration with Warner Bros. and Time Warner divisions, launched We Can Be Heroes—a giving campaign featuring the iconic Justice League super heroes—to raise awareness and funds to fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.