COMIC CON REVOLUTION – THE INLAND EMPIRE’S FIRST FULL SCALE COMIC CON
COMPLETE PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED
Programming Highlights Include, The Psychology of Batman, John Carpenter’s The Thing 35th Anniversary Art Book, How To Create Characters and Write Super Stories, LARP 101: Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse and so much more!
New York, NY April 26, 2017 – Comic Con Revolution (CCR) The Inland Empire’s first full scale Comic Con will be held on Saturday, May 13, 2017 at the Ontario Convention Center in Ontario California. With CCR only a few weeks away, Atomic Crush Events is proud to announce the show’s full programming slate is on ComicConRevolution.com for attendees to view.
Programming Highlights include:
#GenerationRevolution: Animators Day Off – What do artists and writers do when they aren’t working on your favorite animated projects from film, TV, and video games? From comic books, children’s books, even novels; what creative people do as a side job and for fun will amaze you. Join Mike Morris (Ducktales 2017), Mike Collins (Mr. Peabody and Sherman), Steven E Gordon (X-Men Evolution), Aaron Long (Bojack Horseman), Rachel Reed (Rockstar Games) and Anne Walker Farrell (Bojack Horseman).
The Psychology of Batman – Join Dr. Andrea Letamendi and Brian Ward, as they bring their hit podcast, The Arkham Sessions, to Comic Con Revolution! Using episodes of the iconic ’90s cartoon Batman: The Animated Series, The Arkham Sessions dishes out real knowledge about mental health and mental illness, as they analyze Batman and his infamous Rogues Gallery. Alongside special guest Livio Ramondelli (IDW’s Transformers), this very special panel will take a look at the fan favorite episode “”Over the Edge.””
John Carpenter’s “The Thing” 35th Anniversary Art Book – Filled with art inspired by the film. Join special guests Tim Bradstreet, Cat Staggs, and Stormking Productions’ Sandy King Carpenter as they take a look at some of the art being seen for the first time ever, and talk about their memories of watching John Carpenter’s The Thing. Oh, and did we mention The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened? Filmmaker and Slayer: Repentless comic book writer Jon Schnepp is hosting?
How To Create Characters and Write Super Stories Do you want to create your own characters and write and draw their amazing adventures? Come join Super Siblings and Pandamonium cartoonist Patrick Scullin as he teaches how to make original picture books. Bring your imagination and some drawing supplies and Patrick will guide you through the steps of creating a story and putting it to paper. No drawing experience is required for this family friendly session.
LARP 101: Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse” This panel is for anyone interested in what LARP (Live Action Role Playing) is and how it is played/how to get into LARPing.
“The support we have received from not only the comic community but from the Inland Empire itself has been overwhelming,” said Atomic Crush Events co-founder Drew Seldin. “Putting together an event you can be proud of takes hard work but it also requires that those around you believe in what you are doing as much as you do.”
Guests currently scheduled to appear include Orion Acaba, Karl Altstaetter, Chris Bachalo, Anjali Bhimani, Tim Bradstreet, Sandy King Carpenter, Marty Casaus, Feodor Chin, Matthew Clark, Mike Collins, Neo Edmund, Joshua Hale Fialkov, Derek Fridolfs, Joel Gomez, Steven Gordon, Travis Hanson, Matt Hawkins, Ray-Anthony Height, Dennis Hopeless, Doug Jung, Scott Koblish, Mike Kunkel, Hope Larson, Dr. Andrea Letamendi, Livesay, Scott Lobdell, Pamela Lovas, Ron Marz, Raychul Moore, Mike Morris, Bill Moseley, Todd Nauck, David Naughton, Carla Perez, Karlee Perez, Josh Petersdorf, Whilce Portacio, Livio Ramondelli, Norm Rapmund, Paolo Rivera, Joe Rubinstein, Jon Schnepp, Patrick Scullin, Beth Sotelo, Cat Staggs, Art Thibert, Koi Turnbull, Gus Vazquez, Vivid Vidka, Dave Wagner, Tommy Walker, Brian Ward
Information about Comic Con Revolution is available at www.comicconrevolution.com
About Comic Con Revolution
Comic Con Revolution was founded on very simple principles. We are excited to celebrate comics and the creative arts. At the absolute core of what we do are the creators themselves. The people who create the comics, games, toys, film, movies and more that we all love. Without their tireless dedication to creating the fantastic worlds we all get lost in, events like Comic Con Revolution would not be possible. We strive to create the best possible experience for attendees, exhibitors and guests alike. Our team of event industry veterans are dedicated to working hard to create that experience for each of you.
About Atomic Crush Events
Atomic Crush Events is an event consultation and management company that was founded on experience and innovation. Bringing together expertise in event management, marketing, sales and business development to create a unique team that can analyze and identify the best course of action when developing a live event. Our philosophy is simple – create the best experience possible for attendees, exhibitors and guests alike.
More information is available at www.atomiccrushevents.com
This weekend, Marvel returns to San Diego Comic-Con as we prepare for non-stop excitement throughout the entire show! We’re bringing the hottest creators and all kinds of breaking news plus signings, giveaways, and awe-inspiring on-stage events that will make this year’s show one to remember! It’s all happening at the Marvel Booth (Booth #2329) throughout the show so be sure to stop by for your chance to get in on the fun!
Want to know more about the blockbuster upcoming slate of Marvel NOW! comic titles? What about the latest happenings for your favorite Marvel television shows and blockbuster movies? Then you won’t want to miss this year’s panel lineup chock full of breaking news! And that’s not all because this year’s show features an all-star lineup of your favorite Marvel creators and stars who will be appearing throughout the show!
Plus, the Marvel Booth at SDCC the only place to get your hands on red-hot exclusive merchandise including an all-new set of enamel pins inspired by the artwork of Skottie Young! Featuring over 25 unique pins, don’t miss out on one of this year’s must-have convention exclusives!
Can’t make it to the convention? Follow along on Marvel.com/SDCC2016 and @Marvel on Twitter, the best way to get real-time announcements from the convention floor and up-to-the-minute panel, in-booth, and signing schedules of all your favorite Marvel creators!
Comments Off on CA – Uncanny X-Men Signing
Artist Chris Bachalo signs at Phat Collectibles on Saturday, March 2, 2013! Sketches will be available! More information to be announced soon!
16532 Beach Blvd., Huntington Beach, CA
Comments Off on Marvel Announces SDCC Signing Schedule
Marvel has announced their booth signings schedule for Comic-Con and have included a nice, printable version as well which you can find below:
Find out when your favorite creators are signing at San Diego Comic-Con (Booth #2429).
For all the latest news, announcements and interviews, plus live panel blogging, video features and much more, visit Marvel.com’s San Diego Comic-Con 2009 Hub Page!
|7:00 – 8:00 PM
||7:30 – 8:30 PM|
“IRON MAN 2” VIDEO GAME SIGNING
SPECIAL PREVIEW NIGHT SIGNING
|10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
||11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
||1:00 – 2:00 PM|
|JOE QUESADA||BRIAN REBER
|2:00 – 3:00 PM||3:00 – 4:00 PM||4:00 – 5:00 PM|
LEINIL FRANCIS YU
|5:00 – 6:00 PM||5:00 – 6:00 PM||6:00 – 7:00 PM|
J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
|9:00 – 10:00 AM||10:00 – 11:00 AM||11:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|12:00 – 1:00 PM||1:00 – 2:00 PM||1:30 – 2:00 PM|
|2:00 – 3:00 PM||3:00 – 4:00 PM||4:00 – 5:00 PM|
GREGG HUWIT Z
SPECIAL MARVEL ANIMATION/
JOHN ROMITA JR.
|5:00 – 6:00 PM||6:00 – 7:00 PM||6:00 – 7:00 PM|
|JEPH LOEB||MASAO MARUYAMA
|9:00 – 10:00 AM||10:00 – 11:00 AM||11:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|*SPECIAL IRON MAN 2
|12:00 – 1:00 PM||1:00 – 2:00 PM||1:00 – 2:00 PM|
|1:30 – 2:30 PM||2:30 – 3:30 PM||4:00 – 5:00 PM|
“IRON MAN 2” VIDEO
SPECIAL SUPER HERO
LEINIL FRANCIS YU
|5:00 – 6:00 PM||6:00 – 7:00 PM|
JOHN ROMITA JR.
|10:00 – 11:00 AM||11:00 AM – 12:00 PM||12:00 – 1:00 PM|
JOHN ROMITA JR.
|1:00 – 2:00 PM||2:00 – 3:00 PM||3:00 – 4:00 PM|
Comments Off on Hero Initiative at SDCC with Stan Lee, Jim Lee, & More
Hero Initiative heads to San Diego to Celebrate Comic-Con’s 40th year!
Highlights include parties with Stan Lee, Jim Lee, Darwyn Cooke, and the premiere release of Hero Comics
Los Angeles, CA (July 14, 2009) – Hero Initiative travels to the 40th annual San Diego Comic-Con July 22-26 at the San Diego Convention center! Come celebrate with us and help us raise money for our cause. Hero will be at booth #907 all weekend with a great variety of guests, and the weekend is highlighted by three great parties featuring the top names in comics, and the premiere release of Hero Comics!
World-famous storyteller Jim Lee (All-Star Batman and Robin) has graciously agreed to host a cocktail party for five lucky fans benefiting Hero Initiative on Thursday July 23 at 4:15 pm at a four-star hotel located near the convention center.
In addition, the wildly talented Darwyn Cooke (DC: The New Frontier) has also agreed to
have a few cocktails with five adoring fans on Thursday at 5:45 pm. And each winner gets a brand-new copy of Cooke’s latest work, Parker: The Hunter from IDW Publishing!
And last but most certainly not least, the godfather of comics and co-creator of Spider-Man, the X-Man, The Fantastic Four and so many more returns! That’s right-Stan Lee will board the ComicBookResources.com yacht on Friday July 24 at 5pm. Five lucky fans will be personally escorted to the yacht to enjoy drinks and chat with the legend himself. In addition, each guest will have the opportunity to participate in a video interview on the yacht broadcast on ComicBookResources.com
To check out and bid on ALL the auctions for admittance to these parties, please visit Hero’s eBay store at: http://qurls.com?i=47916
And in collaboration with IDW Publishing, Hero Initiative also proudly premieres the highly anticipated Hero Comics at San Diego! This 32-page, no ads extravaganza features a bevy of great comic talent, and will be supported by a mega-signing with seven of its creators on Thursday, July 23rd from 3:30-5:30. Hero Comics will be on sale all weekend at the Hero booth, while supplies last.
As always, our amazing line up of guests will be on hand at Hero’s booth, #907:
WED., 22 JUL (CON HOURS 600-900 PM)
630-900 PM: Scott “Kaiser” Koblish
THUR., 23 JUL (CON HOURS 930 AM-700 PM)
1000-1130: Tim Seeley
1130-130: Dan Jurgens
130-330: Daniel Way
330-530: Hero Comics mega-signing w/Gene Colan, JG Roshell/Richard Starkings, David Lloyd, Bill Willingham, Art Adams, Laura Martin
530-700: Phil Hester
FRI., 24 JUL (CON HOURS 930 AM-700 PM)
1000-1130: Tony Parker
1100-1200: Chris Bachalo
130-330: Ron Marz + Stjepan Sejic
230-330: Mark Waid
SAT., 25 JUL (CON HOURS 930 AM-700 PM)
1130-130: Josh Middleton
130-330: Kaare Andrews (of Hero Comics)
330-530: Jim Valentino
530-700: Ken Lashley
SUN., 26 JUL (CON HOURS 930 AM-500 PM)
1000-1130: Kaare Andrews (of Hero Comics)
1130-130: Josh Middleton
130-230: Jimmy Palmiotti
About The Hero Initiative
The Hero Initiative is the first-ever federally chartered not-for-profit corporation dedicated strictly to helping comic book creators in need. Hero creates a financial safety net for yesterday’s creators who may need emergency medical aid, financial support for essentials of life, and an avenue back into paying work. It’s a chance for all of us to give back something to the people who have given us so much enjoyment.
Since its inception, The Hero Initiative has had the good fortune to grant over $400,000 to the comic book veterans who have paved the way for those in the industry today. For more information, visit www.heroinitiative.org or call 626-676-6354.
Fan-demonium to Reach an All-Time High at 15th Annual Fan Expo Canada 2009
Leonard Nimoy, Linda Hamilton, Lou Ferrigno, and Bruce Campbell among the star-studded line-up at this year’s event
July 9, 2009, Toronto, ON – Expect to see a surge of Vulcans, Storm Troopers, Zombies, Dragonballers and other strange and wonderful characters across the city as Toronto hosts the largest combined gaming, horror, comic, science fiction and anime event in the country. The 15th annual Fan Expo Canada takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building on August 28-30, 2009.
Owned and operated by Hobby Star Marketing, Fan Expo Canada offers fans of every genre the chance to meet their favourite celebrities and pop culture heroes at autograph and photo sessions; participate in informational workshops with industry experts offering advice, tips and portfolio reviews; and shop for exclusive Fan Expo offers, collectables and memorabilia from more than 600 vendors.
“By offering unique experiences and opportunities to interact with icons, industry leaders, and other enthusiastic fans, Fan Expo delivers a signature event in Canada that satisfies fans’ cravings like no other,” says Aman Gupta, President of Hobby Star Marketing. “For the past 15 years Fan Expo Canada has been the only event to bring this level of fandom to Toronto and Fan Expo Canada 2009 will bring even more to visitors than ever before with incredible limited edition offers, the widest range of industry merchandise available, and appearances by genre demi-gods.”
Hobby Star Marketing Inc. was founded in 1992 and has quickly become one of Canada’s premiere sports and entertainment marketing companies. Since its inception, Hobby Star Marketing has secured a niche in the industry by specializing in professional sport and entertainment celebrity placement at a variety of venues and events.
SPECIAL CELEBRITY GUESTS:
SFX Science Fiction Expo, in association with SPACE – the official National Cable Broadcast Sponsor, guest list:
- LEONARD NIMOY – The legendary Mr. Spock of Star Trek
- LINDA HAMILTON – Sarah Connor celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Terminator
- BILLY DEE WILLIAMS – Lando Calrissian of the Star Wars feature films
- BEAU BRIDGES – Major General Hank Landry of Stargate SG-1
- THOMAS DEKKER – John Connor of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
- MARY MCDONNELL – President Laura Roslin of Battlestar Galactica
- JAMES KYSON LEE – Ando of Heroes
- AVERY BROOKS – Captain Benjamin Sisko of Star Trek Deep Space Nine
- WALTER KOENIG – Pavel Chekov of Star Trek
- ROBERT DUNCAN MCNEILL – Tom Paris of Star Trek Voyager
- LOU FERRIGNO – The Incredible Hulk
- DAVE THOMAS – Doug of Bob and Doug McKenzie brothers
- LARRY THOMAS – Seinfeld’s “Soup Nazi”
- TONY CURTIS – Legendary actor and Hollywood Icon
The Comic Book Expo guest list:
- JOE QUESADA – Editor In Chief Marvel Comics
- DAN DIDIO – Senior VP DC Comics
- CHRIS BACHALO – Legendary Artist
- MIKE DEODATO JR.- Artist Dark Avengers
- ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of Flash Rebirth
- J MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI – Award winning writer
- STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Wolverine
- IVAN REIS – Artist of Green Lantern & The Blackest Night – Rare appearance!
- TERRY DODSON – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
- DAVID FINCH – Artist of Ultimatum
- OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Thor
- MATT FRACTION – Writer of Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Ironman
- MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Acclaimed Marvel Cover Artist & Thor
- LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator of Wolverine & Swamp Thing
- DARWYN COOKE – Artist of DC The New Frontier
- DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist of upcoming Fantastic Four
- BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
- STUART IMMONNEN – Artist of New Avengers
- GEORGES JEANTY – Artist of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist of Stephen King’s Dark Tower
- MIKE CHOI – Artist of X-Force
- DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Playboy Cartoonist
The Festival of Fear Horror Expo, sponsored by Rue Morgue Magazine, guest list:
- BRUCE CAMPBELL – Legendary Film Actor
- ROGER CORMAN – Legendary Director
- UDO KEIR – Acclaimed Actor
- BARBARA STEELE – Emmy Award-Winning Actress
- TOM SAVINI – FX Master and Actor
- ROBERT HALL – Award winning make up artist
- JAMES DUVAL – Acclaimed Horror Film Actor
- MAX BROOKS – Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide
- ART HINDLE – Acclaimed actor
- KELLEY ARMSTRONG – Best Selling Horror Author
- JACK KETCHUM – Best Selling Horror Author
- LLOYD KAUFMAN – Producer – Toxic Avenger
The CNAnime Expo celebrity guest list:
- SCOTT MCNEIL – voice star of Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragonball Z
- CRISPIN FREEMAN – voice star of Naruto, Eureka Seven, Ghost In the Shell
- BRAD SWAILE – voice star of Death Note, Mobile Suit Gundam
- AARON DISMUKE – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- COLLEEN CLINKENBEARD – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- MONICA RIAL – voice star of Kiddy Grade, Noir, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
- BRINA PALENCIA – voice star of Claymore, Romeo A Juliet
- DEREK STEPHEN PRINCE – voice star of Bleach, Digimon
The GX – Gaming Expo, sponsored by Zellers & G4 Tech TV, celebrity guest list:
- STEVE DOWNES – Voice of Master Chief in the HALO video game series
- VICTOR LUCAS – Creator / Producer / Host of Electric Playground
- ED GREENWOOD – Creator / Author of Forgotten Realms
- JESS HARTLEY – Editor / Developer of White Wolf Publishing
- PIETER VAN HIEL – Role playing game Author of Sanguine Productions
- JONATHAN LAVALLEE – President of Firestorm Ink gaming publisher
- C.A. SULEIMAN – Director of Development CM Publishing
- MALCOLM SHEPPARD – Role playing game Author of White Wolf
Gaming fans will have the opportunity to take part in dozens of official tournaments, play new games, win prizes, meet with industry experts, attend seminars and view upcoming products.
- Canada’s largest Masquerade Costume Contest on Saturday, Aug. 29
- Industry Professional workshops for the public
- Millions of dollars of collectibles and memorabilia for sale
- Celebrity Q&A’s plus autograph and photo opportunities
- More than 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers offering a full range of pop culture and entertainment themed merchandise including comic books, toys, collectibles, games, videos, and more!
- Tons of costumed characters from your favourite TV shows & movies
- Introducing a reusable shopping tote, made from 100% recycled materials and designed specifically for fans to take their goodies home
- Exclusive show merchandise including:
- MEGAN FOX photo cover variant for issue one TRANSFORMERS: TALES OF THE FALLEN comic book – Limited to only 1000 copies
- STAR TREK: NERO comic, issue number one, “Spock Variant” edition – Limited to 1000 copies
- ULTIMATE AVENGERS comic #1, “Sketch cover variant” edition (Limited to 1500 copies)
- GREEN LANTERN: BLACKEST NIGHT Art Lithograph (Limited to 1500 copies) free and only available when you purchase a Fan Expo Premium Package
Stay tuned to www.fanexpocanada.com for more additions to this exciting line-up…
WHEN: AUGUST 28 – 30, 2009
Friday, August 28th 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 29th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30th 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Blvd. Toronto, Ontario
TICKETS: Basic Adult Day Pass $25.00
Kids under 12 years old are FREE when accompanied by an adult
See website for further details
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events – for dates, times and prices, please call Ticketmaster (416) 872-7777 or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com
Comments Off on Fan Expo Canada Welcomes Nimoy & More Comic Pros!
Fan Expo Canada is proud to welcome back LEONARD NIMOY (Star Trek, Fringe)
Appearing SATURDAY & SUNDAY ONLY!
We have just added dozens of comic book creators to our already incredible list of guests including:
CHRIS BACHALO – Artist, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN & NEW AVENGERS (RARE APPEARANCE)
DAN DIDIO – Senior Vice-President – Executive Editor, DC COMICS
GEORGES JEANTY – Artist, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist, STEPHEN KING’S DARK TOWER
MIKE CHOI – Artist, X-FORCE
TRANSMISSION X – Michael Cho, Cameron Stewart, Karl Kerschl, Ramon Perez and more!
DC COMICS will be setting up an exhibitor booth in the Fan Expo Canada corporate area!
Check out all the comic guest updates here: http://www.hobbystar.com/fanexpo/index.php?/comicbook/guests/category/featured_guests/#FEATURED%20GUESTS
Basic and Deluxe ticket prices are now posted on our web site. Advance Tickets go on sale July 1st on our web site or by phone at Ticketmaster 416-870-8000.
LIMITED TIME OFFER FROM THE FAIRMONT ROYAL YORK!
For a short time only, you can book your room for Fan Expo Canada for the amazing low rate of $119 a night! Click here: https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=102277 to book now! We have never seen rates this low, EVER!
FAN EXPO CANADA 200
AUGUST 28-30, 2009
METRO TORONTO CONVENTION CENTRE