Per directive of the Mayor of Kansas City, Missouri, masks are mandatory indoors for all persons, vaccinated or unvaccinated, in the Kansas City Convention Center, including all attendees, guests, exhibitors, volunteers, contractors and staff at Planet Comicon Kansas City. Per the order, limited exceptions that allow for the temporary removal of the mask will be allowed:
- In designated dining areas (when actively eating and drinking); and
- During photo ops (masks must be worn while waiting in line and after the photo op, but may be temporarily removed for the photo itself); and
- Celebrity Tables (masks must be worn indoors at PCKC but may be temporarily removed if the guest is offering photo opportunities at their table; this information will be available at the guest’s table. This applies to celebrity guests and to creator guests and is at the guest’s discretion).
- Minors below the age of 5; and
- Persons who have disabilities where masks constitute a substantial impairment to their health and well-being based upon medical, behavioral, or legal direction.
Planet Comicon is looking forward to welcoming you all back to the show. If you are cosplaying and have a question about a face covering or mask, please ensure that your face covering or mask securely covers your nose and mouth and effectively protects you, the wearer, and your fellow con-goers. We appreciate your efforts in helping us maintain a fun and safe environment for all attendees at Planet Comicon Kansas City.
Centrally-located in Downtown Kansas City, Bartle Hall is surrounded by almost 40,000 parking spaces. Parking information and the opportunity to reserve parking is also available. Attendees should also consider the FREE KC Streetcar, which operates on a 2.2-mile route throughout downtown, serving many of Kansas City’s most popular attractions, destinations and parking areas.
The west lane of Central Street at 13th will be available for dropping off anyone needing special assistance, where they may enter the east door of 2200 Lobby.
– Friday, August 20 – 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
And YES, someone other than the person who made the purchase can pick up their wristbands. Just be sure they have your confirmation email (paper or a version that you have sent to their phone) when they come to the Will Call desk.
NOTE: The wristband is your credential for admission to Planet Comicon Kansas City. Once attached, it cannot be removed. If you have a three-day admission, the wristband must be worn all three days. It cannot be removed and reattached. A wristband that has been removed is void and not valid for admission.
- Friday, August 20th: 1:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 21st: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, August 22nd: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
We do have several lines for admissions and purchases: please review to determine which line you should be in before you arrive at the show.
- Box Office – Will be located at the Bartle Hall in room 2215. Entry is at the southwest corner of Central and W 13th St.
- Join this line ONLY if you need to purchase tickets the day of the show (if you purchased online – see Will Call).
- Follow yellow themed Box Office signage.
- Box office hours are 2 hours prior to the show to show close.
- Will Call – Lobby 2200
- Join this line ONLY if you purchased tickets ONLINE.
- Follow Blue themed signage.
- NOTE this line will most likely go outdoors.
- Will Call hours are posted above.
- General – Enter Lobby 2200 – line starts at the bottom of 2200 lobby east escalator.
- Follow Hot Pink themed signage.
- Fast Pass/VIP Packages – Enter Lobby 2100 at the northwest corner of Broadway and 13th Street.
- Entry to the show will be 2100 East Escalators.
- Follow Orange themed signage.
Planet Comicon is one of the biggest cosplay events in the region and we provide space for cosplayer meet-ups, costume repair, costume contests for kids and adults, special events and more. Just remember, PCKC is a family-friendly show and clothing and costumes should not exceed PG-rating standards!
- NO AIR SOFT GUNS OF ANY KIND WILL BE ALLOWED.
- NO PROP GUNS which could be mistaken for contemporary real-world guns will be allowed.
- Light sabers and blasters and other futuristic prop weapons may be allowed, subject to approval by security.
- Planet Comicon reserves the right to conduct bag checks and utilize metal detectors as deemed appropriate by show management and security.
- Show management reserves the right to make changes to this policy at any time.
Preflight Item No. 6:
Shop Your Fandom
Planet Comicon Kansas City offers you the opportunity to get up close and personal with your favorite comic creators and celebrity guests. Don’t be nervous, that’s why they are here. Whether you consider yourself a Potterhead, honorary member of the Coruscant Guard, or simply a pop culture fanatic, you can come face to face with the stars and creators of your favorite comic books, TV shows, movies and sci-fi world.
With nearly eight football fields worth of exhibit space Planet Comicon Kansas City is a collectors dream. There are hundreds of creators and vendors for you to peruse and plenty of opportunities to add more comics to your collection, pick up your favorite collectible, or snag something you’ve always wanted. There’s something for everyone at PCKC!
We do suggest you bring cash if possible as many creators, celebrities, crafters and vendors only accept cash. If you run short, ATMs will be available in the exhibit hall. Planet Comicon Kansas City also offers photo opportunities with guests. Check out the full list of Planet Comicon Kansas City guests!
Photo Ops: Photo Ops, taken by a professional photographer, are taken in our Photo Ops Area behind Celebrity Row. These will be available on a specific schedule and may be purchased in advance and at the show. Masks must be worn while waiting in line and after the photo op, but may be temporarily removed for the photo itself. For more information and to purchase Photo Ops, please visit the Planet Comicon Photo Ops page.
Note that physical contact with a celebrity guest is always at the guest’s discretion during photos. Always ask permission, please. Don’t assume.
We ask that no photos in the celebrity area are taken unless you are purchasing a table photo or professional photo op.