The Ladies of Comicazi, who represent an inclusive community devoted to consuming, critiquing, and creating comics and pop culture, are teaming up with their homebase, Comicazi, to bring the second annual LadiesCon to the Armory on September 16, 2017 from noon till 5:00 PM. Admission is FREE!
The one-day show will present writers, artists, creators and artisans specializing in comics, fantasy, and science fiction, with a particular emphasis on creators who identify as women, LGBTQ, and people of color, as well as local artists. Attendees will have the chance to meet creators, buy books and crafts, and see panels on a variety of topics, including gaming, fanfiction, and cosplay.
Last year’s show attracted 500 attendees to Davis Square, and this year promises to be even bigger and better, with an estimated 2,000 visitors.
Meet creators, buy books and crafts, and see panels on a variety of topics, including cosplay and fanfiction! The first show was a huge hit – don’t miss this one.
- Gwenda Bond (Lois Lane novels, Cirque American)
- Kristen Gudsnuk (Henchgirl)
- Ming Doyle (The Kitchen, Constantine: The Hellblazer, Girl Over Paris)
- Mildred Louis (Agents of the Realm)
- Joe Quinones (America, Howard the Duck)
- Raul the Third (Lowriders in Space, O and P, Benito)
Arts at the Armory
191 Highland Avenue, Somerville, Massachusetts 02143