WARNER BROS. BOOTH WILL GET FAMILY DAY “TOON UP” COURTESY OF CARTOON NETWORK
SUNDAY, JULY 24 AT COMIC-CON 2011
BURBANK, Calif. (July 15, 2011) — Sunday is family day at Comic-Con, and this year for the first time, Warner Bros. Entertainment will partner with Time Warner sister company Cartoon Network on a daylong “booth takeover” initiative. On Sunday, July 24, at Comic-Con International: San Diego, the Warner Bros. booth — with its distinctive 30-foot tall replica of the iconic Warner Bros. water tower — will transform overnight into the Cartoon Network booth to create a fun, family friendly environment designed just for kids.
In celebration of family day, Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. will present a day’s worth of kid-friendly events at the booth, including:
- Signings by stars and creators from “Regular Show,” “Adventure Time,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” and “Young Justice”
- The return of last year’s smash success kids’ Dance Party, featuring costumed characters like Scooby-Doo and Bugs Bunny
- Live demonstrations by cartoonists and other artists, including iconic “MAD” illustrator Sergio Aragones
- One-of-a-kind giveaways and premiums from Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation, including the live giveaway of the Tweety car
- And more!
Thirty-five workers will work over 500 combined hours to engineer a Cartoon Network rebrand of the 3,600-square-foot Warner Bros. booth, literally overnight, hanging all-new banners and booth signage to create an all-new environment.
CARTOON NETWORK BOOTH EVENT SCHEDULE
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “The Looney Tunes Show” autograph signing, 10:15 a.m.
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” autograph signing, 10:15 a.m.
- “Adventure Time” signing, 11:00 a.m.
- “Young Justice” signing, 11:15 a.m.
- Cartoon Network Dance Party, 12:00 Noon–12:45 p.m.
- Tweety car giveaway, 12:45 p.m.
- Sergio Aragones live cartooning presentation, 1:00 p.m.
- “Regular Show” signing, 1:45 p.m.