CHICAGO COMIC-CON RETURNS AUGUST 6-9
Rosemont’s Donald E. Stephens Convention Center to Host Annual Comic-Con, Video Game Expo and Pop Culture Event
Tickets on Sale Now
July 27, 2009 – Chicago Comic-Con returns from August 6-9 with a lineup guaranteed to impress pop culture fans everywhere.
“This year’s lineup of talent is by far our largest and we have brought out guests for people of all ages,” said Wizard CEO Gareb Shamus. “We listened to our fans who told us exactly what they wanted, and we feel this is what we are giving them. Over 600 guests in all, an incredible number.”
This year’s show includes a host of celebrity guests including “Twilight” stars Cameron Bright, Alex Meraz, & Christopher Heyerdahl, Academy Award Nominee Edward James Olmos, the “Stand & Deliver” and “Battlestar Galactica” star, the stunning Michelle Rodriguez from “The Fast and the Furious,” Ray Park, Snake Eyes, in the new G.I. Joe film (also Darth Maul from Star Wars), UFC former Heavyweight Champion Andrei “the Pitbull” Arlovski, “Hellboy II” and “Blade 2″ star Luke Goss; “Baywatch” actress Donna D’Errico; “Star Wars” actor Billy Dee Williams; “The Incredible Hulk,” Lou Ferrigno, and “Ghostbusters” star Ernie Hudson.
Also scheduled to appear are actresses Margot Kidder, pop star Taylor Dayne and “Buffy: The Vampire Slayer” star Emma Caulfield.
The convention features selections from every corner of the pop-culture world, including movies, TV, toys, comics, video games, anime, manga, sci-fi, horror, WWE, MMA and other forms of entertainment – along with video game tournaments and costume contests.
All fans attending the show are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite character, with an opportunity to win thousands of dollars in cash and prizes. Top entries also will reach millions of fans via Wizard Magazine, wizarduniverse.com and wizardworld.com as well as other fan web sites.
The convention opens with a special preview night beginning at 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 6, and continues through the weekend of August 7-9, beginning each day at 10 a.m. (9 a.m. for Advance Ticket Buyers.) Tickets are on sale now at www.wizardworld.com or call 877-402-3748 for single day tickets, weekend passes and VIP packages. Tickets start at $25.
Gareb Shamus founded Wizard Entertainment in 1991. Today, Wizard Entertainment publishes consumer magazines Wizard, ToyFare and FunFare, and numerous books about today’s top talent, comic books and toys. Gareb produces Chicago Comic-Con at the Rosemont Convention center, August 6-9, Big Apple Comic-Con at Pier 94, October 16-18, Anaheim Comic-Con at the Anaheim Convention Center, April 16-18, 2010, Wizard World Philadelphia at the Philadelphia Convention Center June 11-13, 2010 and Toronto Comic-Con, dates TBD.
Fan-demonium to Reach an All-Time High at 15th Annual Fan Expo Canada 2009
Leonard Nimoy, Linda Hamilton, Lou Ferrigno, and Bruce Campbell among the star-studded line-up at this year’s event
July 9, 2009, Toronto, ON – Expect to see a surge of Vulcans, Storm Troopers, Zombies, Dragonballers and other strange and wonderful characters across the city as Toronto hosts the largest combined gaming, horror, comic, science fiction and anime event in the country. The 15th annual Fan Expo Canada takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building on August 28-30, 2009.
Owned and operated by Hobby Star Marketing, Fan Expo Canada offers fans of every genre the chance to meet their favourite celebrities and pop culture heroes at autograph and photo sessions; participate in informational workshops with industry experts offering advice, tips and portfolio reviews; and shop for exclusive Fan Expo offers, collectables and memorabilia from more than 600 vendors.
“By offering unique experiences and opportunities to interact with icons, industry leaders, and other enthusiastic fans, Fan Expo delivers a signature event in Canada that satisfies fans’ cravings like no other,” says Aman Gupta, President of Hobby Star Marketing. “For the past 15 years Fan Expo Canada has been the only event to bring this level of fandom to Toronto and Fan Expo Canada 2009 will bring even more to visitors than ever before with incredible limited edition offers, the widest range of industry merchandise available, and appearances by genre demi-gods.”
Hobby Star Marketing Inc. was founded in 1992 and has quickly become one of Canada’s premiere sports and entertainment marketing companies. Since its inception, Hobby Star Marketing has secured a niche in the industry by specializing in professional sport and entertainment celebrity placement at a variety of venues and events.
SPECIAL CELEBRITY GUESTS:
SFX Science Fiction Expo, in association with SPACE – the official National Cable Broadcast Sponsor, guest list:
- LEONARD NIMOY – The legendary Mr. Spock of Star Trek
- LINDA HAMILTON – Sarah Connor celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Terminator
- BILLY DEE WILLIAMS – Lando Calrissian of the Star Wars feature films
- BEAU BRIDGES – Major General Hank Landry of Stargate SG-1
- THOMAS DEKKER – John Connor of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
- MARY MCDONNELL – President Laura Roslin of Battlestar Galactica
- JAMES KYSON LEE – Ando of Heroes
- AVERY BROOKS – Captain Benjamin Sisko of Star Trek Deep Space Nine
- WALTER KOENIG – Pavel Chekov of Star Trek
- ROBERT DUNCAN MCNEILL – Tom Paris of Star Trek Voyager
- LOU FERRIGNO – The Incredible Hulk
- DAVE THOMAS – Doug of Bob and Doug McKenzie brothers
- LARRY THOMAS – Seinfeld’s “Soup Nazi”
- TONY CURTIS – Legendary actor and Hollywood Icon
The Comic Book Expo guest list:
- JOE QUESADA – Editor In Chief Marvel Comics
- DAN DIDIO – Senior VP DC Comics
- CHRIS BACHALO – Legendary Artist
- MIKE DEODATO JR.- Artist Dark Avengers
- ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of Flash Rebirth
- J MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI – Award winning writer
- STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Wolverine
- IVAN REIS – Artist of Green Lantern & The Blackest Night – Rare appearance!
- TERRY DODSON – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
- DAVID FINCH – Artist of Ultimatum
- OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Thor
- MATT FRACTION – Writer of Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Ironman
- MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Acclaimed Marvel Cover Artist & Thor
- LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator of Wolverine & Swamp Thing
- DARWYN COOKE – Artist of DC The New Frontier
- DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist of upcoming Fantastic Four
- BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
- STUART IMMONNEN – Artist of New Avengers
- GEORGES JEANTY – Artist of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist of Stephen King’s Dark Tower
- MIKE CHOI – Artist of X-Force
- DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Playboy Cartoonist
The Festival of Fear Horror Expo, sponsored by Rue Morgue Magazine, guest list:
- BRUCE CAMPBELL – Legendary Film Actor
- ROGER CORMAN – Legendary Director
- UDO KEIR – Acclaimed Actor
- BARBARA STEELE – Emmy Award-Winning Actress
- TOM SAVINI – FX Master and Actor
- ROBERT HALL – Award winning make up artist
- JAMES DUVAL – Acclaimed Horror Film Actor
- MAX BROOKS – Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide
- ART HINDLE – Acclaimed actor
- KELLEY ARMSTRONG – Best Selling Horror Author
- JACK KETCHUM – Best Selling Horror Author
- LLOYD KAUFMAN – Producer – Toxic Avenger
The CNAnime Expo celebrity guest list:
- SCOTT MCNEIL – voice star of Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragonball Z
- CRISPIN FREEMAN – voice star of Naruto, Eureka Seven, Ghost In the Shell
- BRAD SWAILE – voice star of Death Note, Mobile Suit Gundam
- AARON DISMUKE – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- COLLEEN CLINKENBEARD – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- MONICA RIAL – voice star of Kiddy Grade, Noir, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
- BRINA PALENCIA – voice star of Claymore, Romeo A Juliet
- DEREK STEPHEN PRINCE – voice star of Bleach, Digimon
The GX – Gaming Expo, sponsored by Zellers & G4 Tech TV, celebrity guest list:
- STEVE DOWNES – Voice of Master Chief in the HALO video game series
- VICTOR LUCAS – Creator / Producer / Host of Electric Playground
- ED GREENWOOD – Creator / Author of Forgotten Realms
- JESS HARTLEY – Editor / Developer of White Wolf Publishing
- PIETER VAN HIEL – Role playing game Author of Sanguine Productions
- JONATHAN LAVALLEE – President of Firestorm Ink gaming publisher
- C.A. SULEIMAN – Director of Development CM Publishing
- MALCOLM SHEPPARD – Role playing game Author of White Wolf
Gaming fans will have the opportunity to take part in dozens of official tournaments, play new games, win prizes, meet with industry experts, attend seminars and view upcoming products.
- Canada’s largest Masquerade Costume Contest on Saturday, Aug. 29
- Industry Professional workshops for the public
- Millions of dollars of collectibles and memorabilia for sale
- Celebrity Q&A’s plus autograph and photo opportunities
- More than 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers offering a full range of pop culture and entertainment themed merchandise including comic books, toys, collectibles, games, videos, and more!
- Tons of costumed characters from your favourite TV shows & movies
- Introducing a reusable shopping tote, made from 100% recycled materials and designed specifically for fans to take their goodies home
- Exclusive show merchandise including:
- MEGAN FOX photo cover variant for issue one TRANSFORMERS: TALES OF THE FALLEN comic book – Limited to only 1000 copies
- STAR TREK: NERO comic, issue number one, “Spock Variant” edition – Limited to 1000 copies
- ULTIMATE AVENGERS comic #1, “Sketch cover variant” edition (Limited to 1500 copies)
- GREEN LANTERN: BLACKEST NIGHT Art Lithograph (Limited to 1500 copies) free and only available when you purchase a Fan Expo Premium Package
Stay tuned to www.fanexpocanada.com for more additions to this exciting line-up…
WHEN: AUGUST 28 – 30, 2009
Friday, August 28th 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 29th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30th 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Blvd. Toronto, Ontario
TICKETS: Basic Adult Day Pass $25.00
Kids under 12 years old are FREE when accompanied by an adult
See website for further details
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events – for dates, times and prices, please call Ticketmaster (416) 872-7777 or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com
LONG BEACH COMIC CON OCTOBER 2-4, ANNOUNCES FULL SLATE OF COMIC AND MASS MEDIA GUESTS
Jeph Loeb & Geoff Johns Head All-Star Cast Of Comic Writers, Creators & Artists
Lou Ferrigno, Rob Van Damn, Christy Hemme, Brande Roderick, Sandra Taylor Herb Jefferson Jr., Among Others To Appear at Inaugural Event
Baltimore, MD June 29, 2009 – Long Beach Comic Con (LBCC), October 2-4, 2009, at the Long Beach Convention Center in downtown Long Beach, California has confirmed an all-star slate of comic writers, creators and artists as well as a wide array of mass media celebrities to its growing list of previously announced exhibitors. Special guests include television and comic icon Jeph Loeb along with DC Comics legend Geoff Johns. LBCC invites fans to come out and get a chance to meet the industry’s best and brightest.
Celebrity figures scheduled to appear include Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk) Martin Klebba (The Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy); Rob Van Dam, (Former WWE / ECW Superstar); Christy Hemme (TNA Wrestling Diva); Darcy DeMoss (Friday the 13th VI & VII); Meredith Salenger (Race to Witch Mountain); Luciana Carro (Battlestar Galactica); Herb Jefferson Jr. (Battlestar Galactica); Brande Roderick (Celebrity Apprentice, 2001 Playmate of the Year); Sandra Taylor (Under Siege 2, Batman & Robin, Playboy Model); Ami Dolenz (Witchboard 2: The Devils Doorway, Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings); Mia St. John (Current WBC Int’l Boxing Champion); and from the “Who Wants To Be A Superhero?” TV Series, Feedback, Fat Momma, Ms. Limelight and Hygena.
“The talent line-up being put together for LBCC is coming together quite nicely. We are so appreciative of the support the industry is showing to our inaugural show,” said event planner Martha Donato, President of MAD Event Management. “We’ll be utilizing all of our talent as we finalize our programming schedule. There will definitely be something for everyone.”
Notable comic artists committed to appear thus far include Jimmy Palmiotti (Jonah Hex); Amanda Conner (Supergirl); Peter Tomasi (Green Lantern); Tim Bradstreet (Punisher, Blade); Dustin Nguyen (Detective Comics); Scott Lobdell (Uncanny X-Men); Peter Stiegerwald (Soulfire, Fathom: Kiani, Ultimate Wolverine); Alex Sinclair (All-Star Batman & Robin); Mike Choi (Witchblade); and Steve Niles (30 Days of Night).
For a complete list of events, guests, activities, ticket prices and times, visit www.longbeachcomiccon.com.
Tickets will also be available at select comic book and hobby shops in the Los Angeles area.
About MAD Event Management
MAD Event Management is an all-purpose event planning facilitator whose principal owner has over 12 years of experience producing annual large-scale consumer conventions around the country, including Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and Dallas. MAD’s capabilities include: Site Selection, Exhibit Staffing, Marketing Plans, Vendor Selection, Floor Plan Development, On-Site Execution, Sponsor Exhibitor Sales, Travel Management, Contract Development, Setup & Disassembly and Contract Coordination. Visit www.madeventmanagement.com for additional information.