Corey Taylor appear at Book Revue on Thursday, July 9th, 2015 at 7:00 PM to speak about and sign his new book, You’re Making Me Hate You.
In the tradition of the late great George Carlin, New York Times bestselling author and lead singer of Slipknot and Stone Sour Corey Taylor sounds off in hilarious fashion about the many vagaries of modern life that piss him off.
Whether it’s people’s rude behavior in restaurants and malls, the many indignities of air travel, eye-searingly terrible fashion choices, dangerously clueless drivers, and—most of all—the sorry state of much modern music, Taylor’s humor and insight cover civil society’s seeming decline—sparing no one along the way, least of all himself.
Holding nothing back and delivered in Taylor’s inimitable voice,You’re Making Me Hate You is a cathartic critique of the strange world in which we find ourselves.
All books signed at Book Revue events must be purchased at Book Revue. If you purchase the book prior to the event please save your receipt. If you have purchased the book from somewhere else you can still get your book signed, we just ask that you make a purchase in our store of equal or greater value to that of the book.
313 New York Avenue, Huntington, NY 11743
FREE COMICS – RAFFLE PRIZES – FREE GIFTS!
(first 20 customers who purchase coven receive a free gift)
Coven COVEN takes place in present day and follows a powerful witch named Baba Yaga in her attempt to save her niece – a young woman named Avril Williams – who’s being hunted by a radical group called the “New Crusaders.” The New Crusaders are sworn to eradicate witches throughout the world, but they want to take Avril alive and use her immense but untapped power for their own devices.
7522 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046
Ernest Cline, author of Ready Player One, signs his new book at Powell’s City of Books on both Burnside and Cedar Hills on Wednesday, July 15, 2015!
Armada (Crown) is an inventive, heartwarming, and completely nerdtastic adventure from Ernest Cline, bestselling author of Ready Player One. It’s just another day of high school for Zack Lightman. He’s daydreaming through his boring math class, with just one more month to go until graduation and freedom. Then he glances out his classroom window and spots the flying saucer. At first, Zack thinks he’s going crazy. A minute later, he’s sure of it. Because the UFO he’s staring at is straight out of the videogame he plays every night, a popular online flight simulator called Armada — in which gamers protect the earth from alien invaders. But what Zack’s seeing is all too real. And his skills — as well as those of millions of gamers across the world — are going to be needed to save the earth from what’s about to befall it.
Please note: Cline will join us for a lunchtime book signing at our downtown store at 12:30 PM and an evening event (reading and book signing) at our Cedar Hills Crossing location at 7:00 PM.
Powell’s City of Books
1005 W Burnside St, Portland, OR 97209-3114
3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. Beaverton, OR 97005
Gabe Eltaeb, Carlos D’Anda, Todd Nauck, Jim Calafiore, Eddie Nunez, and Doug Wheatley appear at Basic Urban Kitchen on Wednesday, July 8, 2015 from 9:00 PM – 1:00 AM!
Benefiting the Hero Initiative
Sponsored by Razer, Dark Horse Comics, and Loot Crate
Win great prizes. Meet great artists. Have great drinks. All for the GREATEST of causes!
We’re excited to have special artist guests :
Gabe Eltaeb (Star Wars, Green Lantern Corps)
Jim Calafiore (Exiles, Aquaman)
Carlos D’Anda (Star Wars, Deathblow)
Todd Nauck (Young Justice, Nightcrawler)
Eddie Nunez (Fanboys vs. Zombies, Ben 10)
Doug Wheatley (Star Wars, Blade: The Vampire Hunter)
The raffle will be a per-item drawing, so you can try your luck to get the exact prize you desire. Raffle tickets will be $5 each, and there is no limit to number of entries per person per item. All proceeds go directly to the Hero Initiative!
Some of the raffle prizes available will be:
– Hand-drawn sketches from the guests artists
– A Razer Blade Gaming Laptop Courtesy of Razer
– Crates and free subscriptions courtesy of Loot Crate
– and more!
Basic Urban Kitchen + Bar
410 Tenth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
NEED HELP GETTING INTO YOUR COMIC-CON HOTEL ROOM? WARNER BROS. TELEVISION & WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT DEPLOY FIVE SUPER HERO SERIES TO THE RESCUE!
Warner Bros. Television Series Supergirl, Arrow, The Flash, Gotham and Warner Bros. Animation’s Teen Titans Go! To be Featured on Nearly 40,000 Limited-Edition Collectible Hotel Keycards
BURBANK, Calif. (June 24, 2015) — Not only does Comic-Con enable attendees to meet and dress like their favorite Super Hero, but with the help of Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, a DC Comics Super Hero can help them access their hotel room!
During Comic-Con 2015, hit series Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, Teen Titans Go! and the highly anticipated new series Supergirl will be individually featured on limited-edition collectible keycards at top hotels throughout the San Diego area.
Nearly 40,000 branded room keys will be available to fans at nearly 30 participating hotels, courtesy of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing.
Teen Titans Go! will be featured across five separate keycards that include a special Comic-Con only QR code that will enable guests to access and watch a free episode of the hit series from Warner Bros. Animation.
- This marks the seventh year that Warner Bros. has been the official Comic-Con hotel keycard sponsor.
- All series featured on keycards will be out in force at Comic-Con, as previously announced.
- Teen Titans Go! (Thursdays 6/5c Cartoon Network) returns to Comic-Con to screen a brand-new episode and Q&A with voice cast and producers Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and The Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD) on Friday, July 10.
- Warner Bros. Television Presents A Night of DC Entertainment: Get ready for another Super Hero Saturday Night! WBTV and DC Entertainment again welcome fans into the worlds of some of DC Comics’ greatest characters during a three-hour super-experience in Hall H on Saturday, July 11. The exclusive evening will feature a pilot screening of the highly anticipated new action series Supergirl, followed by a Q&A with stars and producers; plus, individual video presentations and Q&As with stars and producers from Arrow, The Flash and Gotham. Also, don’t miss a special Q&A with cast and producers of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and a peek at the new digital series Vixen.
- Catch up on Arrow, The Flash and Gotham now on Amazon Instant Video, plus:
- Own the complete 1st season of Gotham on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD on September 8.
- Own the complete 3rd season of Arrow on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD on September 22.
- Own the complete 1st season of The Flash on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD on September 22.
- For additional info on the Studio’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv — official hashtag #WBSDCC — and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
- To connect with WBTVG in the social space — including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers — check out the social media contacts page here: http://comiccon.thewb.com/wbtv-social-media-contacts/
Artist Zach Lehner appears at Challengers Comics to sign copies of his new graphic novel, JUNIOR BRAVES OF THE APOCALYPSE, on Wednesday, July 22nd, from 5pm to 7pm. This book is the beginning of an exciting, new, young adult graphic novel series that is one part Goonies and one part The Walking Dead, full of zombies, adventure, and handy tips for wilderness survival! And it’s perfect for your young adult’s summer reading.
“The Junior Braves of Tribe 65 return from a camping trip to find swarms of bloodthirsty mutants have overrun their town, bringing death and destruction everywhere they go! With their families missing and their homes destroyed, these plucky kids must use all their scouting talents, combined smarts, and teamwork to survive the end of the world!”
1845 N. Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60647
Bridge City Comics is excited to announce our High Crimes graphic novel release party on Friday, July 10, 2015 from 6pm – 9pm, with Christopher Sebela and Ibrahim Moustafa! This event is free to the public.
Disgraced Olympic snowboarder Zan Jensen runs a sideline business as a high-altitude grave robber. When a body is found at the summit of Everest with a treasure of state secrets under its skin, Zan finds herself in the crosshairs of a government hit squad. As she races to the roof of the world, Zan will navigate bullets and avalanches to find salvation in the deadliest place on Earth.
Bridge City Comics
3725 N Mississippi Ave, Portland, OR 97227
Author and Golden Globe-Winning actor Chris Colfer presents the fourth installment in his #1 New York Times bestselling series for young readers on Saturday July 11, 2015 at 7:00 PM!
The program will include a brief Q&A (15-20 minutes) and a book signing.
Tickets go on sale June 10 and can be purchased through www.slcl.org or at Library Headquarters. Seating will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Call 314-994-3300 for more information.
GENERAL TICKET $18 – Admits ONE and includes one copy of “The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdom”
KID’S TICKET $18 – 12 AND UNDER ONLY
Admits ONE child and ONE adult and includes ONE copy of “The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdom.” (Both adult and child must be present at time of admission. An adult may accompany more than one child but each child will need his or her own KID’S TICKET.)
St. Louis County Library
1640 S Lindbergh, St. Louis 63131
Superstar writer Greg Pak drops by Zeus Comics on Sunday July 5th from 1:00-4:00 PM!
Pak will have copies of his new children’s book “The Princess Who Saved Herself” (based on the beloved song by Jonathan Coulton).
His comics work span both Marvel and DC Comics including the “Truth” storyline on shelves now in both Action Comics and Batman/Superman plus World War Hulk, Incredible Hercules, Storm, and many others.
1334 Inwood Road, Dallas, TX 75247
9353 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Suite D2, San Diego, CA 92123