Comments Off on StarWarp Concepts Returns for NYCC 2012
STARWARP CONCEPTS RETURNS FOR NEW YORK COMIC CON 2012
After a successful appearance at last year’s edition of New York’s premier comics and pop culture gathering, independent publishing house StarWarp Concepts—home of critically acclaimed dark-urban-fantasy books and graphic novels—returns for the 2012 New York Comic Con, being held on October 11–14 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
Booth #2139 is where you’ll find bestselling author Steven A. Roman (X-Men: The Chaos Engine Trilogy) promoting The Saga of Pandora Zwieback—a young adult novel series about a teenaged Goth who teams up with an immortal shape-shifter to hunt monsters—and Lorelei: Sects and the City, a Mature Readers graphic novel that reintroduces StarWarp Concepts’ first horror heroine.
Joining Roman will be author Richard C. White (Gauntlet: Dark Legacy), who will be promoting The Chronicles of the Sea Dragon, his pirate-fantasy comic book that’s perfect for fans of classic adventure and the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
Also appearing on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons will be Steve Geiger, contributing artist to Lorelei: Sects and the City, who will be signing copies with Roman and taking commissions. Geiger is a former Marvel Comics art director and was the artist of such titles as Web of Spider-Man and The Incredible Hulk.
On sale will be:
- Blood Feud: The Saga of Pandora Zwieback, Book 1: The critically acclaimed first novel in the series finds Pan and her monster-hunting mentor Annie contending with warring vampire clans who attempt to unleash hell on earth.
- The Official Pandora Zwieback T-shirt! Available in sizes for both women and men.
- Lorelei: Sects and the City: The tale of a soul-stealing succubus battling a fanatical cult that’s trying to resurrect its Elder Gods. Written by Roman, this graphic novel features art by Eliseu Gouveia (The Phantom), Steve Geiger, Neil Vokes (Flesh and Blood), and Ernie Colon (Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld), with pinups by Louis Small Jr. (Vampirella) and Tom Sutton (Ghost Rider), and a cover by Esteban Maroto (Vampirella).
- Carmilla: This special edition of J. Sheridan Le Fanu’s 19th-century vampire novella of blood and obsession features illustrations by Lorelei: Sects and the City artist Eliseu Gouveia.
- The Chronicles of the Sea Dragon comic book, as well as related T-shirts and roleplaying game figurines.
Attendees are encouraged to visit the Pandora Zwieback Web site (www.pandorazwieback.com) to download a free digital copy of The Saga of Pandora Zwieback #0—a full-color, 16-page comic book written by Roman, with art by Eliseu Gouveia. In it, Pan introduces readers to her book series and presents a two-chapter sample from Blood Feud.
New York Comic Con’s show floor is open at the following times:
Thursday, October 11: 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM (Only open to professionals, press, VIPs, and 4-day-pass fans)
Friday, October 12: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday, October 13: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday, October 14: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Steve Geiger’s Lorelei: Sects and the City signing schedule:
Friday, October 12: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Saturday, October 13: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Sunday, October 14: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
For more information on the company and its projects, please visit our Web sites: www.StarwarpConcepts.com and www.PandoraZwieback.com.