Harley Quinn co-writers Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner (who is also the cover artist) are the first guests announced for Planet Comicon on April 28-30, 2017! Tickets are available for sale now at the link…
Jimmy Palmiotti has a wide range of experience and background in advertising, production, editorial, film writing and production, media presentation and video game development. His clients include Nike, Disney, Warner Brothers, Lionsgate, Fox, and New Line, 2KGames and THQ games.
Jimmy Palmiotti is co-founder of such companies as Event Comics, Black Bull Media, Marvel Knights and the current Paperfilms, where he is partners with Amanda Conner, Justin Gray, Frank Tieri and Paul Mounts.
Has created and co-created numerous series and characters including: The New West, The Monolith, 21 Down, The Resistance, The Pro, Gatecrasher, Beautiful Killer, Ash, Cloudburst, Trigger Girl 6, Thrill Seeker, Queen Crab, Weapon of God, Sex and Violence, Denver, Creator Owned Heroes and Painkiller Jane, which was turned into a SyFy original TV series starring Kristanna Loken and recently optioned for the movie screen.
With PaperFilms co-founder Amanda Conner, they are currently working on the highly received Harley Quinn and Starfire series for DC Comics. Garnering national attention and sales results, the team continues to receive accolades for their work on these titles.
He has co-written, with Justin Gray, the DC comic book series Jonah Hex, All-Star Western, GI Combat, Star Spangled War Stories, Power Girl and the digital release Ame-Comi Girls, available digitally at Comixology.com. The pair have worked on the video game Injustice: Gods Among Us for NeatherRealm Studios and DCU vs. Mortal Kombat. At Marvel, Jimmy teamed with Joe Quesada to create the Marvel Knights imprint and usher in a radical change at Marvel Comics still felt to this day. He and Justin Gray were tapped to adapt the award winning novel Wool for an Amazon exclusive digital graphic novel series.
Currently in film development are a number of projects created by Jimmy, which include Just A Pilgrim, The New West, Random Acts of Violence, Monolith and Tempest; as well as well as Painkiller Jane being adapted for film.
Amanda Conner started out in comics working on small projects for Marvel and Archie. She had been working as an illustrator for New York ad agencies Kornhauser and Calene and Kidvertisers. She worked on a number of launches and campaigns such as Arm & Hammer, PlaySchool and Nickelodeon, to name a few.
However, loving comic books and cartooning the most, Amanda found herself working for Marvel on their Barbie line (many of Amanda’s covers were made into designs for the line of Barbie toys), Disney line which included the Gargoyles books. At the same time she was illustrating Soul Searchers & Co. for Claypool Comics and worked on other Marvel projects, such as Excalibur for the X-Men line and Suburban Jersey Ninja She-Devils.
During an assignment for Crusade (Tomoe) she and Jimmy Palmiotti became a real team as penciller/inker.
Amanda then moved on to do what is probably one of her best known works. She did several years as penciller on the hit series Vampirella for Harris Comics drafting 24 issues. While illustrating Vampirella, Amanda worked with the top writers in the field including Grant Morrison, Mark Millar and Warren Ellis.
Continuing to expand her horizons, Amanda illustrated the best-selling crossover Painkiller Jane vs. the Darkness, and went on to work on Painkiller Jane #0 (the origin book). She also wrote and illustrated a story for Kid Death and Fluffy.
Since then, Amanda has moved on and has worked on many of the top titles in comics such as Lois Lane, Codename: Knockout, and Birds of Prey for D.C. Comics Vertigo line, X-Men Unlimited for Marvel, co-created Gatecrasher for Blackbull Comics, and The Pro, an Eisner nominated creator owned book for Image Comics with Jimmy Palmiotti and Garth Ennis.
Amanda, together with artist/inker/writer Jimmy Palmiotti and writer Justin Gray work together via Paperfilms; a multimedia entertainment studio, engaged in screenwriting, art production and multimedia development.
She continuously produces cover work for Marvel Comics, DC Comics and an assortment of independent titles.
Amanda’s work can also be seen outside the comic book community in such places as ABC’S Nightline, the New York Times, Mad Magazine, the syfy series Stan Lee’s So You Want to be a Superhero. For the upcoming Disney Underdog movie doing character designs for film and television. Amanda did character designs for the Los Angeles Avengers stadium football team and is featured in a Biography magazine commercial on A&E. Amanda does spot illustrations in Revolver magazine each month and has had a huge success with the JSA Power Girl miniseries in previous years. Each issue went into 3rd printings.
For more information about the 2017 show, event photos, interviews and more, “Like” Planet Comicon on Facebook and follow @PlanetComicon on Twitter. Planet Comicon Kansas City is always available online at www.planetcomicon.com.
Baltimore Comic-Con is pleased to present our fans with an early holiday gift — tickets will be on sale from Black Friday to Christmas at a discount rate for next year’s show, taking place the weekend of September 22-24, 2017 at the Baltimore Convention Center in downtown Baltimore.
- Friday only
- Saturday only
- Sunday only
As always, children 10 and under are free for general admission with a paid adult general admission!
* VIP packages are a separate purchase from General Admission tickets (which will be required to participate in any VIP offerings). VIP ticket holders receive exclusive early admission to all three days of the show, as well as a gift package that includes a show t-shirt, the 2017 Baltimore Comic-Con yearbook, and more!
“Every year, we get asked if we can provide tickets early enough for holiday gifts or Valentine’s Day gifts or birthday gifts, but we have been unable to make that happen… until now!” said Marc Nathan, show promoter for the Baltimore Comic-Con. “We’re thrilled to announce that, through the holiday weekend, tickets are available for our 2017 event at a discounted rate and, if you’ve peeked at our website, you know our our guest list is already growing with some great new and returning guests, CGC is with us again to do on-site grading, and we began selling our 2017 show floor space to exhibitors and retailers before last year’s show even ended.”
First guests include: Jeremy Bastian (Cursed Pirate Girl), Reilly Brown (Slapstick), Mark Buckingham (Everafter: From the Pages of Fables), Dave Bullock (The Rocketeer at War), Jim Calafiore (Surviving Megalopolis), Howard Chaykin (Midnight of the Soul); Frank Cho (Skybourne), Steve Conley (The Middle Age), Amanda Conner (Harley Quinn), Todd Dezago (The Perhapanauts), David Finch (Batman), Meredith Finch (Catwoman: Election Night), Ramona Fradon (Convergence: Plastic Man and the Freedom Fighters), Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez (Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman), Michael Golden (Doctor Strange), Scott Hanna (Wonder Woman), Dean Haspiel (Dark Horse Presents), Klaus Janson (Dark Knight III: The Master Race), Kazu Kibuishi (Harry Potter covers), Matt Kindt (Ninjak), Sharlene Kindt (Dept. H), Tom King (Batman), Barry Kitson (Avengers), Hope Larson (Batgirl), David Marquez (Civil War II), Mike McKone (Old Man Logan), Mike Mignola (Hellboy), Mark Morales (Deathstroke), Greg Pak (The Totally Awesome Hulk), Jimmy Palmiotti (Harley Quinn), Paul Pelletier (Cyborg), David Petersen (Mouse Guard), Brandon Peterson (Revolution), Tom Raney (Invincible Iron Man), Don Rosa (Donald Duck), Craig Rousseau (The Perhapanauts), Andy Runton (Owly), Julie Fujii Sakai (Peanuts: A Tribute to Charles M. Schulz); Stan Sakai (Usagi Yojimbo); Stuart Sayger (Krampus: Shadow of Saint Nicholas), Louise Simonson (Faith); Walter Simonson (Ragnarok); Rob Stull (Executive Assistant: Orchid), Peter Tomasi (Superman), Billy Tucci (Shi), James Tynion IV (Detective Comics), Ethan Van Sciver (Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps), Mark Waid (Avengers), Renee Witterstaetter (Joe Jusko: Maelstrom), and Rich Woodall (Kyrra: Alien Jungle Girl).
The MASSive Comic Con returns to the DCU Center in Worcester, MA on Saturday June 24th & Sunday 25th in 2017 for more comic book and pop culture fun! The first featured guests to be announced are Harley Quinn co-writers Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti!
Amanda Conner’s body of work as both an artist and writer includes Power Girl, The Pro, Red Sonja, Starfire, and Painkiller Jane to name just a few!
Jimmy Palmiotti is a writer, penciler, inker, and editor. Pretty much an all around guy! Notable works include Jonah Hex, Harley Quinn, Star Spangled War Stories, Daredevil, and Power Girl.
Attendees can expect a wide assortment of comic book and collectible vendors and artists, special guest artists and celebrities, interactive panels, kids con, after hours events, cosplay groups, movie cars and much more!
In honor of the 75th anniversary of the comic book super heroine Wonder Woman in 2016, Kent State University and the Cleveland Public Library will partner to celebrate the intersections of public literacy, comics, and feminism in a jointly sponsored symposium. The 2016 Wonder Woman Symposium partners two powerful public institutions in Northeast Ohio, taking up the historical trends that have changed the world of comics, American popular culture, and feminism. Centering on the figure of Wonder Woman and her heirs, this symposium will feature plenary addresses by major creators in the industry and historians of the comics world, and workshops by comics creators on creating graphic narratives and comics. This forum seeks to highlight both regional and national talent. Our celebration of Wonder Woman’s anniversary pays respect to “herstory” while recognizing her perpetual relevance to our present day, and beyond.
This conference is made possible, in part, by the Ohio Humanities, a state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Any views, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this conference do not necessarily represent those of the National Endowment for the Humanities.
THURSDAY, SEPT. 22, 2016
Cleveland Public Library, Louis Stokes Wing Auditorium, 325 Superior Ave, Cleveland OH 44114
- Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti (via skype), Creative team of Harley Quinn, Starfire, and Harley Quinn and Power Girl
- Phil Jimenez, Writer/Artist of Wonder Woman and Superwoman, and artist of Astonishing X-Men, New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man and The Invisibles
Carol & John’s Comic Book Shop, 17462 Lorain Ave, Cleveland, OH 44111
8:00-10:00pm- Artist and Author Book Signing with Phil Jimenez, Cameron Stewart and other comics creators
FRIDAY, SEPT. 23, 2016
Cleveland Public Library, Louis Stokes Wing Auditorium, 325 Superior Ave, Cleveland OH 44114
- Joan Ormrod, Co-editor of the Journal of Graphic Novels and Comics and co-editor of Superheroes and Identities
- Cameron Stewart, Writer/Artist of Batgirl, Motor Crush and artist of Batman and Robin and Fight Club 2
5:00-6:00pm- Trina Robbins, Author of The Great Women Superheroes, Wonder Woman, and editor of Babes in Arms and The Complete Wimmen’s Comix
6:00-6:45pm- Roundtable Discussion with Presenters
SATURDAY, SEPT. 24, 2016
Cleveland Public Library, Louis Stokes Wing Auditorium, 325 Superior Ave, Cleveland OH 44114
9:00-9:30am- Coffee provided by Rising Star
9:30-10:45am- Genevieve Valentine, Author of Catwoman, Xena: Warrior Princess and the novels The Girls at the Kingfisher Club and Mechanique: A Tale of the Circus Tresaulti
11:00am-12:15pm- Carol Tilley, Author of “Seducing the Innocent: Fredric Wertham and the Falsifications That Helped Condemn Comics” and a Will Eisner Comics Industry Awards Judge
12:15-2:00pm- Lunch and Wonder Woman Record Breaking Event (at the Eastman Garden)
2:00-3:15pm- Laura Siegel, Daughter of Jerry Siegel, co-creator of Superman. A former correspondent for CNN, she has won over 100 awards including 13 Emmys and 8 New York Festival Awards
3:30-4:45pm- Peter Coogan, Director of the Institute for Comics Studies and author of Superhero: The Secret Origin of a Genre and co-editor of What is a Superhero?
5:00-5:45pm- Roundtable Discussion with Presenters
6:00-6:45pm- Meet and Greet with Presenters
DC Entertainment is pulling out all the stops in 2016 to make Comic-Con International: San Diego an event to remember for the multitude of fans attending July 20-24. The greatest Super Heroes and Super-Villains in comics and pop culture, the hottest artists and writers, exciting events and panels along with some of the most popular movie stars in Hollywood will all combine to make the DC booth (#1915) the place to be every day of the convention.
Comic-Con International: San Diego 2016 will be the launch pad for a yearlong celebration of DC’s famed Amazonian Super Hero. DC celebrates the 75th anniversary of Wonder Woman with a variety of activities commemorating her iconic evolution on and off the page. On Saturday, July 23 from 3:00 – 4:00pm in Room 6DE, fans will be treated to some of the creative talent at the heart of Wonder Woman’s past, present and future, along with a few surprise guests at the “Wonder Woman 75” panel.
Rare Wonder Woman costumes and props will be on display in the booth, including the original costume worn by Lynda Carter in the 1970s “Wonder Woman” television series as well as the costume donned by star Gal Gadot in the upcoming “Wonder Woman” 2017 feature film. Wonder Woman herself, Gal Gadot, will accompany her co-stars Chris Pine (Capt. Steve Trevor) and Connie Nielsen (Queen Hippolyta) to the DC booth for an autograph session, Saturday from 12:15 to 1:00pm. Wristbands for the Wonder Woman cast signing will be extremely limited and will be distributed beginning at 6am Saturday morning at the Sails Pavilion with the WB queue via lottery.
The excitement surrounding Wonder Woman’s 75th isn’t just limited to the show floor. Beginning Wednesday evening, fans will also have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to take a photo in the cockpit of Wonder Woman’s iconic invisible jet, located on the corner of Island and 6th, just outside the San Diego Convention Center in the Gaslamp district. Illuminating at night, this unique experience will also feature larger-than-life Wonder Woman art pieces being created live onsite, with art inspired by her history and upcoming film, by female artists throughout the weekend.
For fans that like to root for the bad guys, the “Worst Heroes Ever” will be in full effect at Comic-Con with a host of “Suicide Squad”-related activities. Throughout the weekend, the DC booth will feature costumes and props from the movie, in theaters August 5th. Comic fans will get a big dose of Suicide Squad, courtesy of the DC – Suicide Squad: Most Wanted panel on Friday from 11:15am-12:15pm in Room 6DE. The Harley Quinn team of Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner will be joined by artist Mauricet (HARLEY AND HER GANG OF HARLEYS), along with writer Rob Williams and legendary artist Jim Lee, the team bringing fans new adventures of these villains-turned-heroes in SUICIDE SQUAD: REBIRTH, on sale August 3rd.
On Saturday, fans will be lining up early to make sure they meet and get autographs from the cast of “Suicide Squad” when they make their appearance at the DC booth from 1:15 – 2:00pm. Cast members will include: Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn), Will Smith (Deadshot), Jared Leto (The Joker), Joel Kinnaman (Col. Rick Flag), Viola Davis (Amanda Waller), Jai Courtney (Captain Boomerang), Jay Hernandez (El Diablo), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Killer Croc), Scott Eastwood (Lieutenant GQ Edwards), Cara Delvingne (Enchantress), Adam Beach (Slipknot) and Karen Fukuhara (Katana). As with the “Wonder Woman” cast signing, wristbands will be extremely limited; they will be distributed Saturday morning beginning at 6am at the Sails Pavilion with the WB queue via lottery system.
Scheduled nearly every hour of the Con, the DC booth will also host an array of appearances and autograph sessions for some of the best artists and writers in comics including, but not limited to, Scott Snyder (ALL STAR BATMAN, AMERICAN VAMPIRE), Tom King (BATMAN, SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Liam Sharp and Nicola Scott (WONDER WOMAN), Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason (SUPERMAN), Hope Larson and Rafael Albuquerque (BATGIRL), Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti (HARLEY QUINN), Julie and Shawna Benson (BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY) and Dan Jurgens (ACTION COMICS, BATMAN BEYOND).
Ever wanted to “Be The Batman?” Then come to the DC booth for a hands-on demo of “Batman: Arkham VR,” the first virtual reality experience that allows players to put on the cape and cowl of Gotham’s Dark Knight like never before. From Rocksteady Studios, “Batman: Arkham VR” immerses players into the gritty world of Gotham City through the eyes of the World’s Greatest Detective. And if that’s not enough Batman, the booth with also feature a life-sized LEGO Batman statue. Demos for Batman: Arkham VR will also require wristbands, available at the Sails Pavilion beginning Thursday at 6am.
For fans of DC Super Hero Girls, it’s time once again to “Get Your Cape On” and mingle with the young heroes from “Super Hero High” in real life! The DC Super Hero Girls will be on hand to pose for pictures and give autographs to fans throughout the weekend. DC Super Hero Girls character Katana will also dazzle fans in the booth with her exhibitions of expert swordplay. Following the success of the New York Times best-selling original graphic novel DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: FINALS CRISIS, the heroes return in the upcoming original graphic novel DC SUPER HERO GIRLS Vol. 2: HITS & MYTHS and the original animated direct-to-DVD movie DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: HERO OF THE YEAR.
Any self respecting fan knows that no comic book convention is complete without cosplay, and the DC booth is the go-to spot for some awesome cosplay get-togethers every single day:
- Thursday, July 21, 2:30pm – DC Comics Bombshells cosplay celebration
- Friday, July 22, 5pm – Suicide Squad “Squad Up” cosplay celebration
- Location: Island and 6th Avenue, near Invisible Jet display
- Saturday, July 23, 5:00pm – Wonder Woman cosplay contest
- Sunday, July 24, 2:30pm – DC Super Hero Girls cosplay contest
All cosplayers who attend will be awarded a special custom DC Fans medal for participating (while supplies last).
The DC booth will also include a green screen where fans pose in backgrounds from their favorite DC comic characters, films and games, including the Suicide Squad movie, the Wonder Woman comic, DC REBIRTH, DC Super Hero Girls and the Injustice video game.
Fans will also be treated to a series of must-attend panels spotlighting DC’s iconic characters, and sneak peeks of yet-to-be released series. Highlights include:
- Fans jaws are still agape and minds blown from the biggest comics event of 2016: DC’s linewide REBIRTH relaunch! Join moderators Dan DiDio and Jim Lee along with some of the industry’s most creative talent to see what’s to come! (Saturday – 5:30, Room 6DE).
- Presented as “Comics for Dangerous Humans,” dive into the disruptive new pop-up imprint from My Chemical Romance front man and Eisner Award-winning writer Gerard Way, DC’s YOUNG ANIMAL. Joined by an experimental group of collaborators, Way will unleash a collection of bold new stories that will take the medium to places never before seen (Friday – 5:30, Room 5AB).
- After more than 75 years of stories, the Batman family of comics has never been hotter! Join the DC talent behind your favorite Dark Knight tales for an exclusive look at what’s next for the World’s Greatest Detective and his crime fighting colleagues! With Tom King (BATMAN), Scott Snyder (ALL STAR BATMAN), Julie and Shawna Benson (BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY) and James Tynion IV (DETECTIVE COMICS) among others, this is the best time to explore the gritty streets of Gotham City! Room: 6DE
- Be there as top talent from the genre-defying Vertigo imprint such as SUICIDERS: KINGS OF HELL.A. writer/artist Lee Bermejo, LUCIFER artist Lee Garbett and SHERIFF OF BABYLON writer Tom King discuss what’s to come in their current series (Thursday – 4:30, Room 8).
- Always the most hilarious panel at the Con, the MAD Magazine panel led by longtime editor John Ficarra and his “Usual Gang Of Idiots” including longtime artist Sergio Aragones and GOODNIGHT BATCAVE artist Tom Richmond will be one not to miss (Thursday – 6:00, Room 5AB).
- Highlighted by stunning new Wonder Woman 75th anniversary figures, the DC Collectibles panel will unveil their latest line of action figures, statues, props and more (Thursday – 10:00, Room 9).
- The Graphitti Designs booth #2314 will also once again carry highly collectible, exclusive variant comic books available for SDCC attendees only. All titles will be on sale beginning Wednesday Preview Night, July 20. DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE #5 features an exclusive cover from BATGIRL artist Rafael Albuquerque and sells for $15 and is limited to two (2) copies per customer. Additional variants include BATMAN #1, WONDER WOMAN #1, and SUPERMAN #1 featuring art by Jim Lee and imprinted on silver foil, each selling for $10. JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 also receives the exclusive convention variant treatment, featuring cover art by Tony Daniel imprinted on silver foil and selling for $10.
Download the new DC All Access mobile app for a complete list of panels, behind-the-scenes coverage and in-depth interviews directly from DC’s web series, “DC All Access.” The app is available for free at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
DC Entertainment (DCE) has an exciting line-up of WonderCon 2016 fan signings taking place in its show stopping booth (#1602) beginning Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 at The Los Angeles Convention Center. Comic book fans attending the three-day show will have the chance to meet their favorite artists and authors for signings – including Jim Lee, Scott Snyder, John Romita, Jr. and more – at the DCE booth.
A full schedule of WonderCon 2016 talent signings is available below:
Friday, March 25, 2016*
12:30-1:30: Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Ming Doyle
1:30-2:30: Dan Jurgens, Bernard Chang and Marv Wolfman
2:30-3:30: Dan Abnett and Paul Dini
3:30-4:30: Jason Fabok
4:30-5:30: Tim Seeley, Tom King and Mitch Gerads
5:30-6:30: John Romita, Jr.**
Saturday, March 26, 2016*
10:30-11:30: Babs Tarr and Gilbert Hernandez
11:30-12:30: Robert Venditti and Philip Tan
12:30-1:30: JT Krul and Gene Luen Yang
1:30-2:30: Jason Fabok**, Geoff Johns** and Steve Orlando
2:30-3:30: Tony Daniel and Ming Doyle
3:30-4:30: Jim Lee** and Amy Chu
4:30-5:50: Tom King, Tim Seeley and Mitch Gerads
5:30-6:30: Scott Snyder**, Danny Miki, Collin Kelly, Jackson Lanzig and James Tynion IV
Sunday, March 27, 2016*
10:30-11:30: Amy Chu and Steve Orlando
11:30-12:30: John Romita, Jr.**
12:30-1:30: Dan Jurgens and Bernard Chang
1:30-2:30: Annie Wu
2:30-3:30: Scott Snyder** Danny Miki and James Tynion IV
3:30-4:30: Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Robert Venditti
During the three-day convention, DCE’s booth will serve as the go-to location for fans to mingle with some of the best comic writers and artists in the business with a robust schedule of talent signings, in addition to swag giveaways celebrating DC Comics and the upcoming feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Plus, the booth will feature an impressive collection of items from DC Collectibles and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and a towering, working Bat Signal made entirely of LEGO bricks in an homage to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie from acclaimed exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS.
* schedule is subject to change
** denotes a wristband is required
The All-Star Talent For The Line-Wide Relaunch – DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH – Will Be Revealed At An Unprecedented Saturday Morning Press Conference Open To All And Streamed Live! Plus there will be awesome fan activities, informative publishing panels, and special surprise announcements.
Marking WonderCon’s debut in its own backyard, DC Entertainment (DCE) will dominate the event with a stellar lineup of panels and fan activities beginning Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 at The Los Angeles Convention Center.
DCE’s WonderCon 2016 programming will be highlighted by a must-attend event touting the upcoming colossal DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH line-wide comic book title relaunch. Open to media and fans and taking place Saturday, March 26 at 9 a.m. PDT in Petree Hall C in the West Hall, the press conference will be moderated by DC All Access co-host Tiffany Smith and include appearances by DCE Co-Publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio and DCE Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, who will reveal for the first time the lineup of writers and artists creating this incredible new universe of storytelling. This press conference will also be streamed live on DC Entertainment’s YouTube channel, and viewers can follow this interactive fan experience with #REBIRTH.
During the three-day convention, DCE’s expansive booth (#1602) will serve as the go-to location for fans to mingle with some of the best comic writers and artists in the business with a robust schedule of talent signings, in addition to swag giveaways celebrating DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH and the upcoming feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Plus, the booth will feature an impressive collection of items from DC Collectibles and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and a towering, working Bat Signal made entirely of LEGO bricks in an homage to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie from acclaimed exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS. Fans will also be tempted to shout, “Look! Up in the sky!” when they see the Superman LEGO sculpture soaring above the booth.
DCE will also delight fans with a robust schedule of fan-favorite panel programming spanning every day of the Con.
- Go behind the scenes of DCE at DC ENTERTAINMENT – ALL ACCESS. Offering an in-depth look at some of the most exciting stories ever told across DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD, join Vertigo Executive Editor Shelly Bond, Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Jason Fabok (JUSTICE LEAGUE), JT Krul (BLOODLINES), Mitch Gerads (SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Annie Wu (BLACK CANARY) plus get the latest from acclaimed contemporary artist Nathan Sawaya (THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS). New and veteran fans alike are welcome for a tutorial on the essential stories, videos and products that make up DCE in a 101 guide to the DC Universe! Friday 1:30 p.m., Room 403AB
- It’ll be a yabba dabba doo time during DC COMICS – HANNA BARBERA. DCE Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee will join artists Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti to give fans an exclusive taste of what’s in store as their favorite cartoons get a new twist with SCOOBY APOCALYPSE, THE FLINTSTONES, FUTURE QUEST and WACKY RACELAND. Friday 2:30 p.m., Room: 403AB
- From action figures to statues, busts to PVC figures, the DC Collectibles panel is the place to be for a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most spectacular products. Plus, hear from the team about how they come up with so many must-own products, and get an early look at what’s about to hit shelves. Saturday 1 p.m., Room: 151
- Artists and fans have the chance to learn from the best during ART MASTERS: DRAWING DC. Featuring a collection of talented DCE artists including Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Bernard Chang (BATMAN BEYOND), Amanda Conner (HARLEY QUINN, STARFIRE) and John Romita, Jr (SUPERMAN) take a unique look into their visual approach in shaping some of the best comics in the industry. Saturday 4 p.m., Room: 151
- Sit down with Jim Lee and Dan DiDio during their traditional SUNDAY CONVERSATION WITH THE CO-PUBLISHERS panel to get an up-close look at the driving forces behind DC Comics, Vertigo, MAD, and much more. Sunday 12 p.m., Room: 151
- The Graphitti Designs booth (South Hall, Booth #1403) will also feature WonderCon exclusive variant editions of THE DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE with cover art from Howard Porter, Jill Thompson, and Paul Pope. Plus #50 issues of SUPERMAN, BATMAN and WONDER WOMAN will also be available with exclusive variant covers featuring Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman) and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) from the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. And make sure to stop by the booth Saturday when a new mystery variant cover is revealed!
For all of your WonderCon event coverage, special announcements and exclusives for attendees, download the new DC All Access app, available at the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
LONG BEACH COMIC EXPO ANNOUNCES SPECIAL GUESTS, SPONSORSHIPS AND PROGRAMMING HIGHLIGHTS FOR FEBRUARY 20 & 21
February 15, Long Beach, CA – In advance of Long Beach Comic Expo, Mad Event Entertainment unveils an all star guest line up, along with sponsors, innovative programs and new partners, in preparation for the 7th annual Long Beach Comic Expo this coming weekend. The Expo will play host to more than 120 guests and 80 panels and will take over two exhibit halls of the Long Beach Convention Center.
Long Beach Comic Expo recognizes the following special guests for their unparalleled excellence in the realm of both comic books and animation. As comic book culture remains at the core of Long Beach Comic Expo, we are proud to announce the following special guests appearing at this year’s show:
• Fabian Nicieza, co-creator of Marvel’s DEADPOOL, which premiered in theaters on February 12, 2016;
• Chris Claremont, writer of THE UNCANNY X-MEN, of the most beloved and influential comics series in the history of the medium;
• Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner, bestselling co-writers of DC entertainment’s HARLEY QUINN and co-creators of SUPER ZERO from Aftershock Comics;
• Rachel and Terry Dodson, comic book artists on STAR WARS: PRINCESS LEIA, TEEN TITANS, and HARLEY QUINN;
• Jae Lee, Eisner award-winning artist of Marvel’s INHUMANS, FANTASTIC FOUR; 1234, and DC’s BEFORE WATCHMEN, BATMAN/SUPERMAN
• Greg Weisman, acclaimed animation writer and producer of STAR WARS: REBELS; YOUNG JUSTICE, and more. Author of the fan favorite RAIN OF GHOSTS YA novels;
Click here for a complete list of guests.
• Long Beach Comic Expo is proud to welcome Academy of Art as its newest Premier Sponsor. Academy of Art University is the largest private art and design school in the United States; offering classes online and at their expansive San Francisco campus. Join them at their booth to discuss education, applying, and careers in illustration, animation, game design, costume design and much more. Several Academy of Art artists will be in attendance, presenting demos and instructing in live drawing sessions.
• Additional sponsors include: Bernina, Comicraft, Lyft, SGX Pring, Sun Newspapers, and Triple 9.
As in past years, attendees will be treated to a wide array of programming (Click to download a PDF of the programming schedule). Highlights include:
* The return of Space Expo, featuring two days of workshops and panels presented by the Columbia Memorial Space Center.
* Publisher panels featuring writers and artists from DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, and Image.
* #MakeComics workshops where aspiring writers and artists and fans can learn the entire process of making comics from comic book greats all weekend long. Topics include How to Build a Portfolio, Breaking Into Comics, Writing and Marketing.
* The second annual Dwayne McDuffie Award for Diversity event with renowned reporter (THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) and acclaimed comic book writer (GENIUS) Marc Bernardin who will be the event’s keynote speaker.
* Amazing animation panels: DISNEY AFTERNOON, GARGOYLES,- and YOUNG JUSTICE, featuring major voice actors.
* GeekFest Film Fest films at Long Beach Comic Expo, the only Los Angeles area venue to host the full slate of programming for the world’s 1st traveling film fest of “geek” films.
* Kids programming including How To Draw Comics for Kids.
* A Saturday night Cosplay Contest and Cosplay panels.
Long Beach Comic Expo has two additional discounts to offer attendees this year. Attendees who present their badge at the popular Aquarium of the Pacific will gain admission to the aquarium for only $9.00, discounted from the normal rate of $29.95! This discount is good, both the weekend of the show, as well as the following weekend. LYFT will be the official car service of this year’s show, offering discounted rides to attendees. Details can be found on site at the show.
Enjoy an exciting weekend full of exceptional guests, exhibitors, and engaging panels, at Long Beach Comic Expo, Saturday, February 20 from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm and Sunday, February 21 from 10:00 am – 5:00 PM at the Long Beach Convention Center. Tickets are available now at www.longbeachcomicexpo.com.
Follow Long Beach Comic Expo on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and information.
ABOUT LONG BEACH EXPO: Long Beach Comic Expo is an annual event held at the Long Beach Convention Center that celebrates comic books and pop culture and showcases the exceptional works of talented writers, artists, illustrators and creators of all types of pop culture. At Long Beach Comic Expo, you’ll find exhibitors promoting and selling all types of related products, as well as entertaining and educational programs for all ages, guest signings and meet & greet sessions with celebrities. Long Beach Comic Expo is a MAD Event Management, LLC production. To learn more and purchase tickets, please visit www.longbeachcomicexpo.com.
Doctor Who fans, rejoice! Because you’ve demanded them, we’re bringing to Boston Comic Con 2016 two of the most popular companions in the Doctor’s history: KAREN GILLAN and JENNA COLEMAN! This is sure to be an event that no Whovian will want to miss. They will each appear on Saturday August 13th and Sunday August 14th to sit on Q&A panels, sign autographs, and pose for photos with fans.
Jenna Coleman is an English actress best known for her role as Clara Oswald in television series Doctor Who. Marvel comics fans will also recall Jenna as Bucky’s girlfriend in the hit film Captain America: The First Avenger. She can next be seen in the upcoming television drama Victoria as Queen Victoria and the film Me Before You.
Karen Gillan is a Scottish actress best known for her roles as Amy Pond in the popular BBC series Doctor Who and as the female villain Nebula in the Marvel movie Guardians of the Galaxy. Her other credits include the lead role in the horror film Oculus, lead character in the ABC TV series Selfie, Not Another Happy Ending, and The Big Short.
Plus we’ve got a fantastic list of comic creators including Sam Kieth, Jae Lee, John Cassaday, Erik Larsen, Terry Dodson, Mike Allred, Greg Capullo, Adam Hughes, Arthur Adams, Amanda Conner, David Lloyd, Jimmy Palmiotti, Phil Jimenez, Scott Snyder, Mark Waid, Bernie Wrightson, Stan Sakai, and many more! Check the website for full details on exciting events!
About Boston Comic Con:
The Boston Comic Con is a 100% independently run comic book show committed to bringing the biggest and best comic creators to New England. Run by fans for fans, Boston Comic Con is not affiliated with any other convention tour or corporate interests. Hosting over 120,000 square feet of vendors selling comic books, toys, posters, trading cards, and other pop culture memorabilia, this is a destination event for geeks of any stripe. This year’s convention will be held Friday August 12th, Saturday August 13th, and Sunday August 14th at the Seaport World Trade Center, 200 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA 02210. For more information please go to our website at www.bostoncomiccon.com and follow us on Twitter (@BostonComicCon) and Facebook!
Orlando Toy and Comic Con returns on Sunday January 31st, 2016 from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM at a new location, the Holiday Inn in Orlando, FL! Guests include Darwyn Cooke (The Twilight Children, Catwoman), Amanda Conner (Starfire, Harley Quinn), Jimmy Palmiotti (Power Girl, Jonah Hex), Tony S. Daniel (Batman & Robin Eternal, Teen Titans), Billy Tucci (Shi, Sgt. Rock), Tim Townsend (Doctor Strange, Uncanny X-Men), John Layman (Chew, Batman Eternal), and more!