DC Entertainment is pulling out all the stops in 2016 to make Comic-Con International: San Diego an event to remember for the multitude of fans attending July 20-24. The greatest Super Heroes and Super-Villains in comics and pop culture, the hottest artists and writers, exciting events and panels along with some of the most popular movie stars in Hollywood will all combine to make the DC booth (#1915) the place to be every day of the convention.
Comic-Con International: San Diego 2016 will be the launch pad for a yearlong celebration of DC’s famed Amazonian Super Hero. DC celebrates the 75th anniversary of Wonder Woman with a variety of activities commemorating her iconic evolution on and off the page. On Saturday, July 23 from 3:00 – 4:00pm in Room 6DE, fans will be treated to some of the creative talent at the heart of Wonder Woman’s past, present and future, along with a few surprise guests at the “Wonder Woman 75” panel.
Rare Wonder Woman costumes and props will be on display in the booth, including the original costume worn by Lynda Carter in the 1970s “Wonder Woman” television series as well as the costume donned by star Gal Gadot in the upcoming “Wonder Woman” 2017 feature film. Wonder Woman herself, Gal Gadot, will accompany her co-stars Chris Pine (Capt. Steve Trevor) and Connie Nielsen (Queen Hippolyta) to the DC booth for an autograph session, Saturday from 12:15 to 1:00pm. Wristbands for the Wonder Woman cast signing will be extremely limited and will be distributed beginning at 6am Saturday morning at the Sails Pavilion with the WB queue via lottery.
The excitement surrounding Wonder Woman’s 75th isn’t just limited to the show floor. Beginning Wednesday evening, fans will also have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to take a photo in the cockpit of Wonder Woman’s iconic invisible jet, located on the corner of Island and 6th, just outside the San Diego Convention Center in the Gaslamp district. Illuminating at night, this unique experience will also feature larger-than-life Wonder Woman art pieces being created live onsite, with art inspired by her history and upcoming film, by female artists throughout the weekend.
For fans that like to root for the bad guys, the “Worst Heroes Ever” will be in full effect at Comic-Con with a host of “Suicide Squad”-related activities. Throughout the weekend, the DC booth will feature costumes and props from the movie, in theaters August 5th. Comic fans will get a big dose of Suicide Squad, courtesy of the DC – Suicide Squad: Most Wanted panel on Friday from 11:15am-12:15pm in Room 6DE. The Harley Quinn team of Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner will be joined by artist Mauricet (HARLEY AND HER GANG OF HARLEYS), along with writer Rob Williams and legendary artist Jim Lee, the team bringing fans new adventures of these villains-turned-heroes in SUICIDE SQUAD: REBIRTH, on sale August 3rd.
On Saturday, fans will be lining up early to make sure they meet and get autographs from the cast of “Suicide Squad” when they make their appearance at the DC booth from 1:15 – 2:00pm. Cast members will include: Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn), Will Smith (Deadshot), Jared Leto (The Joker), Joel Kinnaman (Col. Rick Flag), Viola Davis (Amanda Waller), Jai Courtney (Captain Boomerang), Jay Hernandez (El Diablo), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Killer Croc), Scott Eastwood (Lieutenant GQ Edwards), Cara Delvingne (Enchantress), Adam Beach (Slipknot) and Karen Fukuhara (Katana). As with the “Wonder Woman” cast signing, wristbands will be extremely limited; they will be distributed Saturday morning beginning at 6am at the Sails Pavilion with the WB queue via lottery system.
Scheduled nearly every hour of the Con, the DC booth will also host an array of appearances and autograph sessions for some of the best artists and writers in comics including, but not limited to, Scott Snyder (ALL STAR BATMAN, AMERICAN VAMPIRE), Tom King (BATMAN, SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Liam Sharp and Nicola Scott (WONDER WOMAN), Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason (SUPERMAN), Hope Larson and Rafael Albuquerque (BATGIRL), Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti (HARLEY QUINN), Julie and Shawna Benson (BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY) and Dan Jurgens (ACTION COMICS, BATMAN BEYOND).
Ever wanted to “Be The Batman?” Then come to the DC booth for a hands-on demo of “Batman: Arkham VR,” the first virtual reality experience that allows players to put on the cape and cowl of Gotham’s Dark Knight like never before. From Rocksteady Studios, “Batman: Arkham VR” immerses players into the gritty world of Gotham City through the eyes of the World’s Greatest Detective. And if that’s not enough Batman, the booth with also feature a life-sized LEGO Batman statue. Demos for Batman: Arkham VR will also require wristbands, available at the Sails Pavilion beginning Thursday at 6am.
For fans of DC Super Hero Girls, it’s time once again to “Get Your Cape On” and mingle with the young heroes from “Super Hero High” in real life! The DC Super Hero Girls will be on hand to pose for pictures and give autographs to fans throughout the weekend. DC Super Hero Girls character Katana will also dazzle fans in the booth with her exhibitions of expert swordplay. Following the success of the New York Times best-selling original graphic novel DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: FINALS CRISIS, the heroes return in the upcoming original graphic novel DC SUPER HERO GIRLS Vol. 2: HITS & MYTHS and the original animated direct-to-DVD movie DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: HERO OF THE YEAR.
Any self respecting fan knows that no comic book convention is complete without cosplay, and the DC booth is the go-to spot for some awesome cosplay get-togethers every single day:
- Thursday, July 21, 2:30pm – DC Comics Bombshells cosplay celebration
- Friday, July 22, 5pm – Suicide Squad “Squad Up” cosplay celebration
- Location: Island and 6th Avenue, near Invisible Jet display
- Saturday, July 23, 5:00pm – Wonder Woman cosplay contest
- Sunday, July 24, 2:30pm – DC Super Hero Girls cosplay contest
All cosplayers who attend will be awarded a special custom DC Fans medal for participating (while supplies last).
The DC booth will also include a green screen where fans pose in backgrounds from their favorite DC comic characters, films and games, including the Suicide Squad movie, the Wonder Woman comic, DC REBIRTH, DC Super Hero Girls and the Injustice video game.
Fans will also be treated to a series of must-attend panels spotlighting DC’s iconic characters, and sneak peeks of yet-to-be released series. Highlights include:
- Fans jaws are still agape and minds blown from the biggest comics event of 2016: DC’s linewide REBIRTH relaunch! Join moderators Dan DiDio and Jim Lee along with some of the industry’s most creative talent to see what’s to come! (Saturday – 5:30, Room 6DE).
- Presented as “Comics for Dangerous Humans,” dive into the disruptive new pop-up imprint from My Chemical Romance front man and Eisner Award-winning writer Gerard Way, DC’s YOUNG ANIMAL. Joined by an experimental group of collaborators, Way will unleash a collection of bold new stories that will take the medium to places never before seen (Friday – 5:30, Room 5AB).
- After more than 75 years of stories, the Batman family of comics has never been hotter! Join the DC talent behind your favorite Dark Knight tales for an exclusive look at what’s next for the World’s Greatest Detective and his crime fighting colleagues! With Tom King (BATMAN), Scott Snyder (ALL STAR BATMAN), Julie and Shawna Benson (BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY) and James Tynion IV (DETECTIVE COMICS) among others, this is the best time to explore the gritty streets of Gotham City! Room: 6DE
- Be there as top talent from the genre-defying Vertigo imprint such as SUICIDERS: KINGS OF HELL.A. writer/artist Lee Bermejo, LUCIFER artist Lee Garbett and SHERIFF OF BABYLON writer Tom King discuss what’s to come in their current series (Thursday – 4:30, Room 8).
- Always the most hilarious panel at the Con, the MAD Magazine panel led by longtime editor John Ficarra and his “Usual Gang Of Idiots” including longtime artist Sergio Aragones and GOODNIGHT BATCAVE artist Tom Richmond will be one not to miss (Thursday – 6:00, Room 5AB).
- Highlighted by stunning new Wonder Woman 75th anniversary figures, the DC Collectibles panel will unveil their latest line of action figures, statues, props and more (Thursday – 10:00, Room 9).
- The Graphitti Designs booth #2314 will also once again carry highly collectible, exclusive variant comic books available for SDCC attendees only. All titles will be on sale beginning Wednesday Preview Night, July 20. DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE #5 features an exclusive cover from BATGIRL artist Rafael Albuquerque and sells for $15 and is limited to two (2) copies per customer. Additional variants include BATMAN #1, WONDER WOMAN #1, and SUPERMAN #1 featuring art by Jim Lee and imprinted on silver foil, each selling for $10. JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 also receives the exclusive convention variant treatment, featuring cover art by Tony Daniel imprinted on silver foil and selling for $10.
Download the new DC All Access mobile app for a complete list of panels, behind-the-scenes coverage and in-depth interviews directly from DC’s web series, “DC All Access.” The app is available for free at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
DC Entertainment (DCE) has an exciting line-up of WonderCon 2016 fan signings taking place in its show stopping booth (#1602) beginning Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 at The Los Angeles Convention Center. Comic book fans attending the three-day show will have the chance to meet their favorite artists and authors for signings – including Jim Lee, Scott Snyder, John Romita, Jr. and more – at the DCE booth.
A full schedule of WonderCon 2016 talent signings is available below:
Friday, March 25, 2016*
12:30-1:30: Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Ming Doyle
1:30-2:30: Dan Jurgens, Bernard Chang and Marv Wolfman
2:30-3:30: Dan Abnett and Paul Dini
3:30-4:30: Jason Fabok
4:30-5:30: Tim Seeley, Tom King and Mitch Gerads
5:30-6:30: John Romita, Jr.**
Saturday, March 26, 2016*
10:30-11:30: Babs Tarr and Gilbert Hernandez
11:30-12:30: Robert Venditti and Philip Tan
12:30-1:30: JT Krul and Gene Luen Yang
1:30-2:30: Jason Fabok**, Geoff Johns** and Steve Orlando
2:30-3:30: Tony Daniel and Ming Doyle
3:30-4:30: Jim Lee** and Amy Chu
4:30-5:50: Tom King, Tim Seeley and Mitch Gerads
5:30-6:30: Scott Snyder**, Danny Miki, Collin Kelly, Jackson Lanzig and James Tynion IV
Sunday, March 27, 2016*
10:30-11:30: Amy Chu and Steve Orlando
11:30-12:30: John Romita, Jr.**
12:30-1:30: Dan Jurgens and Bernard Chang
1:30-2:30: Annie Wu
2:30-3:30: Scott Snyder** Danny Miki and James Tynion IV
3:30-4:30: Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Robert Venditti
During the three-day convention, DCE’s booth will serve as the go-to location for fans to mingle with some of the best comic writers and artists in the business with a robust schedule of talent signings, in addition to swag giveaways celebrating DC Comics and the upcoming feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Plus, the booth will feature an impressive collection of items from DC Collectibles and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and a towering, working Bat Signal made entirely of LEGO bricks in an homage to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie from acclaimed exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS.
* schedule is subject to change
** denotes a wristband is required
The All-Star Talent For The Line-Wide Relaunch – DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH – Will Be Revealed At An Unprecedented Saturday Morning Press Conference Open To All And Streamed Live! Plus there will be awesome fan activities, informative publishing panels, and special surprise announcements.
Marking WonderCon’s debut in its own backyard, DC Entertainment (DCE) will dominate the event with a stellar lineup of panels and fan activities beginning Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 at The Los Angeles Convention Center.
DCE’s WonderCon 2016 programming will be highlighted by a must-attend event touting the upcoming colossal DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH line-wide comic book title relaunch. Open to media and fans and taking place Saturday, March 26 at 9 a.m. PDT in Petree Hall C in the West Hall, the press conference will be moderated by DC All Access co-host Tiffany Smith and include appearances by DCE Co-Publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio and DCE Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, who will reveal for the first time the lineup of writers and artists creating this incredible new universe of storytelling. This press conference will also be streamed live on DC Entertainment’s YouTube channel, and viewers can follow this interactive fan experience with #REBIRTH.
During the three-day convention, DCE’s expansive booth (#1602) will serve as the go-to location for fans to mingle with some of the best comic writers and artists in the business with a robust schedule of talent signings, in addition to swag giveaways celebrating DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH and the upcoming feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Plus, the booth will feature an impressive collection of items from DC Collectibles and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and a towering, working Bat Signal made entirely of LEGO bricks in an homage to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie from acclaimed exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS. Fans will also be tempted to shout, “Look! Up in the sky!” when they see the Superman LEGO sculpture soaring above the booth.
DCE will also delight fans with a robust schedule of fan-favorite panel programming spanning every day of the Con.
- Go behind the scenes of DCE at DC ENTERTAINMENT – ALL ACCESS. Offering an in-depth look at some of the most exciting stories ever told across DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD, join Vertigo Executive Editor Shelly Bond, Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Jason Fabok (JUSTICE LEAGUE), JT Krul (BLOODLINES), Mitch Gerads (SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Annie Wu (BLACK CANARY) plus get the latest from acclaimed contemporary artist Nathan Sawaya (THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS). New and veteran fans alike are welcome for a tutorial on the essential stories, videos and products that make up DCE in a 101 guide to the DC Universe! Friday 1:30 p.m., Room 403AB
- It’ll be a yabba dabba doo time during DC COMICS – HANNA BARBERA. DCE Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee will join artists Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti to give fans an exclusive taste of what’s in store as their favorite cartoons get a new twist with SCOOBY APOCALYPSE, THE FLINTSTONES, FUTURE QUEST and WACKY RACELAND. Friday 2:30 p.m., Room: 403AB
- From action figures to statues, busts to PVC figures, the DC Collectibles panel is the place to be for a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most spectacular products. Plus, hear from the team about how they come up with so many must-own products, and get an early look at what’s about to hit shelves. Saturday 1 p.m., Room: 151
- Artists and fans have the chance to learn from the best during ART MASTERS: DRAWING DC. Featuring a collection of talented DCE artists including Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Bernard Chang (BATMAN BEYOND), Amanda Conner (HARLEY QUINN, STARFIRE) and John Romita, Jr (SUPERMAN) take a unique look into their visual approach in shaping some of the best comics in the industry. Saturday 4 p.m., Room: 151
- Sit down with Jim Lee and Dan DiDio during their traditional SUNDAY CONVERSATION WITH THE CO-PUBLISHERS panel to get an up-close look at the driving forces behind DC Comics, Vertigo, MAD, and much more. Sunday 12 p.m., Room: 151
- The Graphitti Designs booth (South Hall, Booth #1403) will also feature WonderCon exclusive variant editions of THE DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE with cover art from Howard Porter, Jill Thompson, and Paul Pope. Plus #50 issues of SUPERMAN, BATMAN and WONDER WOMAN will also be available with exclusive variant covers featuring Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman) and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) from the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. And make sure to stop by the booth Saturday when a new mystery variant cover is revealed!
For all of your WonderCon event coverage, special announcements and exclusives for attendees, download the new DC All Access app, available at the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
LONG BEACH COMIC EXPO ANNOUNCES SPECIAL GUESTS, SPONSORSHIPS AND PROGRAMMING HIGHLIGHTS FOR FEBRUARY 20 & 21
February 15, Long Beach, CA – In advance of Long Beach Comic Expo, Mad Event Entertainment unveils an all star guest line up, along with sponsors, innovative programs and new partners, in preparation for the 7th annual Long Beach Comic Expo this coming weekend. The Expo will play host to more than 120 guests and 80 panels and will take over two exhibit halls of the Long Beach Convention Center.
Long Beach Comic Expo recognizes the following special guests for their unparalleled excellence in the realm of both comic books and animation. As comic book culture remains at the core of Long Beach Comic Expo, we are proud to announce the following special guests appearing at this year’s show:
• Fabian Nicieza, co-creator of Marvel’s DEADPOOL, which premiered in theaters on February 12, 2016;
• Chris Claremont, writer of THE UNCANNY X-MEN, of the most beloved and influential comics series in the history of the medium;
• Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner, bestselling co-writers of DC entertainment’s HARLEY QUINN and co-creators of SUPER ZERO from Aftershock Comics;
• Rachel and Terry Dodson, comic book artists on STAR WARS: PRINCESS LEIA, TEEN TITANS, and HARLEY QUINN;
• Jae Lee, Eisner award-winning artist of Marvel’s INHUMANS, FANTASTIC FOUR; 1234, and DC’s BEFORE WATCHMEN, BATMAN/SUPERMAN
• Greg Weisman, acclaimed animation writer and producer of STAR WARS: REBELS; YOUNG JUSTICE, and more. Author of the fan favorite RAIN OF GHOSTS YA novels;
Click here for a complete list of guests.
• Long Beach Comic Expo is proud to welcome Academy of Art as its newest Premier Sponsor. Academy of Art University is the largest private art and design school in the United States; offering classes online and at their expansive San Francisco campus. Join them at their booth to discuss education, applying, and careers in illustration, animation, game design, costume design and much more. Several Academy of Art artists will be in attendance, presenting demos and instructing in live drawing sessions.
• Additional sponsors include: Bernina, Comicraft, Lyft, SGX Pring, Sun Newspapers, and Triple 9.
As in past years, attendees will be treated to a wide array of programming (Click to download a PDF of the programming schedule). Highlights include:
* The return of Space Expo, featuring two days of workshops and panels presented by the Columbia Memorial Space Center.
* Publisher panels featuring writers and artists from DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, and Image.
* #MakeComics workshops where aspiring writers and artists and fans can learn the entire process of making comics from comic book greats all weekend long. Topics include How to Build a Portfolio, Breaking Into Comics, Writing and Marketing.
* The second annual Dwayne McDuffie Award for Diversity event with renowned reporter (THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) and acclaimed comic book writer (GENIUS) Marc Bernardin who will be the event’s keynote speaker.
* Amazing animation panels: DISNEY AFTERNOON, GARGOYLES,- and YOUNG JUSTICE, featuring major voice actors.
* GeekFest Film Fest films at Long Beach Comic Expo, the only Los Angeles area venue to host the full slate of programming for the world’s 1st traveling film fest of “geek” films.
* Kids programming including How To Draw Comics for Kids.
* A Saturday night Cosplay Contest and Cosplay panels.
Long Beach Comic Expo has two additional discounts to offer attendees this year. Attendees who present their badge at the popular Aquarium of the Pacific will gain admission to the aquarium for only $9.00, discounted from the normal rate of $29.95! This discount is good, both the weekend of the show, as well as the following weekend. LYFT will be the official car service of this year’s show, offering discounted rides to attendees. Details can be found on site at the show.
Enjoy an exciting weekend full of exceptional guests, exhibitors, and engaging panels, at Long Beach Comic Expo, Saturday, February 20 from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm and Sunday, February 21 from 10:00 am – 5:00 PM at the Long Beach Convention Center. Tickets are available now at www.longbeachcomicexpo.com.
Follow Long Beach Comic Expo on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and information.
ABOUT LONG BEACH EXPO: Long Beach Comic Expo is an annual event held at the Long Beach Convention Center that celebrates comic books and pop culture and showcases the exceptional works of talented writers, artists, illustrators and creators of all types of pop culture. At Long Beach Comic Expo, you’ll find exhibitors promoting and selling all types of related products, as well as entertaining and educational programs for all ages, guest signings and meet & greet sessions with celebrities. Long Beach Comic Expo is a MAD Event Management, LLC production. To learn more and purchase tickets, please visit www.longbeachcomicexpo.com.
Doctor Who fans, rejoice! Because you’ve demanded them, we’re bringing to Boston Comic Con 2016 two of the most popular companions in the Doctor’s history: KAREN GILLAN and JENNA COLEMAN! This is sure to be an event that no Whovian will want to miss. They will each appear on Saturday August 13th and Sunday August 14th to sit on Q&A panels, sign autographs, and pose for photos with fans.
Jenna Coleman is an English actress best known for her role as Clara Oswald in television series Doctor Who. Marvel comics fans will also recall Jenna as Bucky’s girlfriend in the hit film Captain America: The First Avenger. She can next be seen in the upcoming television drama Victoria as Queen Victoria and the film Me Before You.
Karen Gillan is a Scottish actress best known for her roles as Amy Pond in the popular BBC series Doctor Who and as the female villain Nebula in the Marvel movie Guardians of the Galaxy. Her other credits include the lead role in the horror film Oculus, lead character in the ABC TV series Selfie, Not Another Happy Ending, and The Big Short.
Plus we’ve got a fantastic list of comic creators including Sam Kieth, Jae Lee, John Cassaday, Erik Larsen, Terry Dodson, Mike Allred, Greg Capullo, Adam Hughes, Arthur Adams, Amanda Conner, David Lloyd, Jimmy Palmiotti, Phil Jimenez, Scott Snyder, Mark Waid, Bernie Wrightson, Stan Sakai, and many more! Check the website for full details on exciting events!
About Boston Comic Con:
The Boston Comic Con is a 100% independently run comic book show committed to bringing the biggest and best comic creators to New England. Run by fans for fans, Boston Comic Con is not affiliated with any other convention tour or corporate interests. Hosting over 120,000 square feet of vendors selling comic books, toys, posters, trading cards, and other pop culture memorabilia, this is a destination event for geeks of any stripe. This year’s convention will be held Friday August 12th, Saturday August 13th, and Sunday August 14th at the Seaport World Trade Center, 200 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA 02210. For more information please go to our website at www.bostoncomiccon.com and follow us on Twitter (@BostonComicCon) and Facebook!
Orlando Toy and Comic Con returns on Sunday January 31st, 2016 from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM at a new location, the Holiday Inn in Orlando, FL! Guests include Darwyn Cooke (The Twilight Children, Catwoman), Amanda Conner (Starfire, Harley Quinn), Jimmy Palmiotti (Power Girl, Jonah Hex), Tony S. Daniel (Batman & Robin Eternal, Teen Titans), Billy Tucci (Shi, Sgt. Rock), Tim Townsend (Doctor Strange, Uncanny X-Men), John Layman (Chew, Batman Eternal), and more!
Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner appear at Yancy Street Comics on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 from 4:00 till 6:00 PM! Bring some of your own books to get signed or pick up some of their great new releases coming out in December: Superzero #1, Harley’s Little Black Book #1, and Harley Quinn #23!
Yancy Street Comics
9409 US 19 (inside Gulfview Square Mall), Port Richey, FL 34668
Watch The Man himself Stan Lee speak to a captivated audience at Boston Comic Con 2015 in a panel moderated by comic creator Jimmy Palmiotti and Stan’s manager Max Anderson. The event featured a special appearance by Stan’s best friend Ken Bald, Guinness World Record holder as the oldest living comic artist, and a phone call from Stan’s wife Joanie.
DC Entertainment (DCE) returns to New York Comic Con with an expansive booth featuring must-see costumes, props and collectibles alongside signings with leading writers and artists, special reveals and exclusive giveaways every day of the Con. In addition, DCE will also feature a robust schedule of fan-favorite panel programming. spanning every day of New York Comic from Thursday, October 8th to Sunday, October 11th at the Javits Convention Center.
Decades in the making, pop culture fans will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to honor one of the comic industry’s most influential works:
“DC Comics – The Dark Knight 30th Anniversary.” Get an inside look at the legacy of the series that defined a generation with DCE Co-Publisher and Batman artist Jim Lee and the talent behind the forthcoming series THE DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE, writer Brian Azzarello, and artists Klaus Janson and Andy Kubert. A must-attend for all Batman fans, the panel will also feature surprise guests, exclusive reveals and revelations. Friday, 11:00 am, Room 1D
As the first collection of groundbreaking new titles from DCE’s creator-driven imprint Vertigo begin to debut next month, get a behind-the-scenes look at some of these thrilling new series at “VERTIGO: The New #1s.” Join Vertigo Executive Editor Shelly Bond and the minds behind some of these groundbreaking stories including Lauren Beukes and Dale Halvorsen (SURVIVORS’ CLUB), Holly Black (LUCIFER), Tom King (SHERIFF OF BABYLON), and Shaun Simon (ART OPS). Thursday, 4:00 pm, Room 1A21
DCE boasts the most iconic collection of Super Heroes in the world, and “DC Comics – Heroes To The Core” will enable fans to get closer to some of their favorite heroes with the minds that bring them all to life. Get a first look at all the explosive adventures that await these icons on the page with
DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Dan DiDio, Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti (HARLEY QUINN), Jeff King (CONVERGENCE), Trevor McCarthy (AQUAMAN), Greg Pak (ACTION COMICS), John Romita Jr. (SUPERMAN), Riley Rossmo (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Pete Tomasi (SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN), Van Jensen (THE FLASH), and David Walker (CYBORG). Saturday, 12:15 pm, Room 1A06
A veritable who’s who of Bat-talent will gather together in Gotham for “DC Comics – Batman: The Bat-Universe.” Explore the latest adventures of the World’s Greatest Detective with Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo (BATMAN), Amy Chu (POISON IVY: CYCLE OF LIFE AND DEATH), Khary Randolph (WE ARE ROBIN), Tom King and Tim Seeley (GRAYSON), Peter Tomasi (BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT), and James Tynion IV (BATMAN ETERNAL), and be the first to witness never-before-seen art and breaking Batman news. Saturday, 1:30 pm, Empire Stage 1E
Dive into the most exciting and diverse stories ever told with a comic for every fan and every genre. “DC Comics – All Access” will include panelists Jimmy Palmiotti (HARLEY QUINN), Heath Corson and Gustavo Duarte (BIZARRO), Brenden Fletcher (BLACK CANARY, GOTHAM ACADEMY), Karl Kerschl (GOTHAM ACADEMY), Steve Orlando (MIDNIGHTER), Babs Tarr (BATGIRL), and Annie Wu (BLACK CANARY), who will all serve as guides to the expansive DC Universe. Sunday, 12:15 pm, Room 1A06
“Mad About MAD” – The country’s #1-selling humor magazine (in a field of 1), MAD Magazine is dumber than ever! Join Editor John Ficarra, Art Director Sam Viviano, Peter Kuper, Tom Richmond and Jonathan Bresman for a ridiculous peek at what’s happening at the magazine, and an epically, moronic Q&A. Sunday 2:30pm Room 1A21
FULL PANEL SCHEDULE
Thursday, October 8th
1:30-2:30pm DC Entertainment – Master Class: Art History
Panelists: Gustavo Duarte, Ivan Reis, Riley Rossmo, Babs Tarr
Location: Room 1A21
4:00-5:00pm VERTIGO: The New #1s
Panelists: Shelly Bond, Lauren Beukes, Holly Black, Dale Halvorsen, Tom King, Shaun Simon
Location: Room 1A21
Friday, October 9th
11:00am-12:00pm DC Comics – The Dark Knight 30th Anniversary
Panelists: Jim Lee, Brian Azzarello, Klaus Janson, Andy Kubert
Location: Room 1D
2:45-3:45pm DC Entertainment Spotlight on Scott Snyder
Panelist: Scott Snyder
Location: Room 1A21
Saturday, October 10th
12:15-1:15pm DC Comics – Heroes to the Core
Panelists: Dan DiDio, Jeff King, Trevor McCarthy, Greg Pak, John Romita Jr, Riley Rossmo, Pete Tomasi, Van Jensen, David Walker, Jimmy Palmiotti
Location: Room 1A06
1:30-2:30pm DC Comics – Batman: The Bat-Universe
Panelists: Greg Capullo, Amy Chu, Tom King, Khary Randolph, Tim Seeley, Scott Snyder, Peter Tomasi, James Tynion IV
Location: Empire Stage 1E
Sunday, October 11th
12:15-1:15pm DC Comics – All Access
Panelists: Heath Corson, Gustavo Duarte, Brenden Fletcher, Karl Kerschl, Steve Orlando, Jimmy Palmiotti, Babs Tarr, Annie Wu
Location: Room 1A06
2:30-3:30pm Mad about MAD
Panelists: John Ficarra, Ryan Flanders, Sam Viviano, Jonathan Bresman, Peter Kuper, Tom Richmond
Location: Room 1A21
Award-winning comic book publisher BOOM! Studios is pleased to announce a pre-show event, panels, exclusives, and list of talent for the 2015 New York Comic Con, which will take place at the Javits Center on Manhattan’s West Side during the weekend of October 8-11.
Anchoring the publisher’s presence at New York Comic-Con, BOOM! has partnered with several comics retailers for New York Comic Con exclusives and a pre-show signing event.
Midtown Comics will offer for purchase at its booth (#2036) a New York Comic Con exclusive cover by Jamie McKelvie (The Wicked + The Divine) to Simon Spurrier and Jeff Stokely’s The Spire #1, while Newbury Comics will offer for purchase at its booth (#2945) a New York Comic Con exclusive cover by Katy Farina (The Amazing World of Gumball) to The Amazing World of Gumball 2015 Grab Bag Special.
BOOM! has partnered with Forbidden Planet in Manhattan’s East Village for a pre-New York Comic Con signing event on Thursday, October 7 from 7-9pm (NYCC badge NOT required), featuring the following creators (additional creators may be announced):
Brooke Allen (Lumberjanes)
Frank Barbiere (Broken World, Black Market)
Matthew Daley (Lantern City)
Michael Dialynas (The Woods)
Eryk Donovan (Cognetic, Memetic)
Brian Joines (Imagine Agents)
Simon Spurrier (The Spire, Six-Gun Gorilla)
S.M. Vidaurri (Iscariot, Iron: Or, the War After)
Shannon Watters (Lumberjanes)
BOOM! will host the following panels at New York Comic Con:
BOOM! Studios Celebrates 10 Years and Push Comics Forward
Thursday, October 8, 2:45 – 3:45 p.m., Room 1A06
2015 marks the 10th year of publishing for BOOM! Studios, a multiple Eisner award-winning top 10 comic publisher. Rather than look back at what we achieved the past 10 years, join us as we look ahead to the next 10 years and how we can all push comics forward. Moderated by BOOM! President of Publishing & Marketing Filip Sablik, join Shannon Watters, Brooke Allen, Si Spurrier, James Tynion IV, Matthew Daley, and Kyle Higgins as they highlight the changes in the industry and what they want to see in comics.
Push Boundaries Forward: Gender, Diversity, and Representation in Comic Books
Friday, October 9, 5:15 – 6:15 p.m., Room 1A24
The face of comics is changing. Join a diverse Panel examining what indie/web publishing have been doing right, how mainstream comics can catch up, and what Creators and Fans can do to be heard. Join Moderator David Brothers and Panelists Marjorie Liu, Shannon Watters, Jeremy Whitley, Amber Garza, Joey Stern and Darryl Ayo in a sincere, thoughtful discussion on the topic of gender, diversity and representation in mainstream comics.
Camp Out with Lumberjanes!
Friday, October 9, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., Room 1A24
Pack your bags, bring your s’mores kit and get your badges ready! Join the brilliant minds and collaborators behind the breakout hit Lumberjanes, from the BOOM! Studios imprint, BOOM! Box! Shannon Watters, Brooke Allen, and Special Guests discuss what’s down the pipeline for Mal, Molly, April, Jo, and Ripley and the importance of hardcore lady types! Moderated by Raina Telgemeier (Drama).
The following BOOM! creators can be found in Artist Alley at New York Comic Con:
Brooke Allen (Lumberjanes) – AA9
Frank Barbiere (Broken World, Black Market) – Q14
Jeremy Bastian (Cursed Pirate Girl) – J2
Marguerite Bennett (Butterfly, Sleepy Hollow) – G3
Elena Casagrande (Suicide Risk) – J12
Jorge Coelho (John Flood, Sleepy Hollow) – K15
Tim Daniel (Burning Fields, Curse) – U16
Camilla d’Errico (Tanpopo) – 215
Vanesa R. Del Rey (Hit, The Empty Man) – K12
Eryk Donovan (Cognetic, Memetic) – H3
Joe Eisma (Big Trouble in Little China) – X4
Jerry Gaylord (Bill & Ted’s Most Triumphant Return) – N14
Penelope Gaylord (Adventure Time) – N15
Gabriel Hardman (Planet of the Apes) – Q9
Kyle Higgins (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) – CC19
Brian Joines (Imagine Agents) – W10
Justin Jordan (John Flood) – R6
Janet Lee (The Wonderland Alphabet) – K13
Michael Moreci (Burning Fields, Curse) – U17
Jimmy Palmiotti (Palmiotti & Brady’s The Con Job)
Missy Pena (The Amazing World of Gumball) – U8
David Petersen (Mouse Guard) – J1
Joe Quinones (Big Trouble in Little China, Sleepy Hollow) – G4
Humberto Ramos (Crimson) – L9
Stephane Roux (Protocol: Orphans) – B10
Felipe Smith (Bill & Ted’s Most Triumphant Return, Freelancers) – R4
Simon Spurrier (The Spire, Six-Gun Gorilla)
Dominike “Domo” Stanton (Palmiotti & Brady’s The Con Job) – Z9
Durwin Talon & Guin Thompson (Beautiful Scars) – V12
James Tynion IV (Cognetic, The Woods, UFOlogy, Memetic) – H3
Charles Soule (Strange Attractors) – W15
Allison Strejlau (Regular Show) – AA15
Fred Van Lente (Big Trouble in Little China) – W13
Shannon Watters (Lumberjanes) – AA9
Jim Zub (Munchkin) – X3
For more information on New York Comic Con, visit their site at newyorkcomiccon.com.
ABOUT BOOM! STUDIOS
Founded by Ross Richie in 2005, Diamond Gem Award-winning “Best Publisher” BOOM! Studios (boom-studios.com) generates a constellation of best-selling Eisner and Harvey Award-winning original and licensed comic books and graphic novels with the industry’s top talent. BOOM! Studios is comprised of four distinct imprints. The original Studios imprint is home to titles like Suicide Risk, The Woods, Irredeemable, Sons of Anarchy, and Big Trouble in Little China. Steven Grant’s graphic novel 2 Guns was released as a feature film from Universal Pictures, starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg. BOOM!’s all-ages imprint KaBOOM! publishes Charles Schulz’ Peanuts; Jim Davis’ Garfield; Cartoon Network’s Adventure Time, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, and Steven Universe; Mike Kunkel’s Herobear and the Kid; and Natasha Allegri’s Bee and PuppyCat. BOOM!’s experimental imprint BOOM! Box publishes The Midas Flesh and Lumberjanes. In June 2013, BOOM! acquired Archaia Entertainment. Archaia is the Eisner and Harvey Award-winning graphic novel publisher of Mouse Guard, Cow Boy, Gunnerkrigg Court, Rust, and Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand. In October 2013, BOOM! Studios entered into a unique first-look relationship with 20th Century Fox, giving the studio access to its library of titles and giving the publisher access to Fox’s vast catalog of films. In August 2014, BOOM! Studios began a similar first-look relationship with 20th Century Fox TV to develop properties for the small screen.