ARCHAIA EXHIBITING AT C2E2 THIS WEEKEND!
New Titles! A panel on 3D comics! And, contests to win great Archaia Books at our booth through Twitter, Instagram, FourSquare, and more!
CHICAGO, IL (April 25, 2013) – Award-winning graphic novel publisher Archaia Entertainment is excited to announce it will exhibit at booth #1019 at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2) for a fourth straight year since the event’s inception! C2E2 is one of the Midwest’s biggest celebrations of comics and pop culture, taking place during the weekend of April 26-28, 2013 in the West Hall of McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. Archaia’s corporate headquarters is based in Chicago.
“We love making C2E2 one of our biggest events of the year. Nearly our entire management team is from Chicago, the Chicago fans are great, and our creators really make it a special show for us,” raved Chicago native, Jack Cummins, President & COO of Archaia. “We have great new titles like Strange Attractors, Mumbai Confidential, and HAWKEN: GENESIS, as well as Rust Vol. 2: Secrets of the Cell, Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 2, and Pantalones, TX: Don’t Chicken Out. We are excited for our fans to see these new books and find out about the new upcoming Mouse Guard books directly from Eisner Award winner David Petersen.”
Creators and contributors scheduled to appear at the Archaia booth include:
Andrew E. C. Gaska (writer: Space: 1999: Aftershock and Awe, Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes, Critical Millennium: The Dark Frontier, the upcoming Classic Space: 1999)
Andrew Rostan (writer; An Elegy for Amelia Johnson)
Brent Schoonover (artist, Mr. Murder Is Dead)
Chandra Free (writer/artist: The God Machine, Fraggle Rock)
Charles Soule (writer: Strange Attractors)
Cory Godbey (artist: Fraggle Rock, the upcoming Jim Henson’s Labyrinth and Spera Vol. 3)
David Marquez (artist: Syndrome, the upcoming The Joyners in 3D)
David Petersen (writer/artist: Mouse Guard)
Janet Lee (artist: Return of the Dapper Men)
Jeremy Bastian (writer/artist: Cursed Pirate Girl)
Jim McCann (writer: Return of the Dapper Men)
Ramón Pérez (artist: Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand)
R. J. Ryan (writer: Syndrome, the upcoming The Joyners in 3D)
Royden Lepp (writer/artist: The Rust)
Tom Pinchuk (writer: Hybrid Bastards!)
Yehudi Mercado (writer/artist: Pantalones, TX: Don’t Chicken Out)
Check the signing schedule at Archaia.com for your favorite creator’s availability. Here’s what else is going on at the Archaia booth during C2E2 weekend:
• We will present a panel on Sunday! Archaia Entertainment Presents: Comics Storytelling and the Lost Art of 3D, 1:30-2:30pm, Room W471. Join us for an uncensored discussion of the medium’s benefits and drawbacks, as well as a wide-ranging survey of the highs and lows of 60 years of 3D comics, only at C2E2 2013! We will preview the 2013 release of the ambitious, all-3D graphic novel The Joyners in 3D from Archaia, writer R.J. Ryan (Syndrome), New York Times best-selling illustrator David Marquez (All-New X-Men, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Syndrome), and Archaia Editor-in-Chief Stephen Christy have invited a panel of creatives from across comics to dig deep into both the highs and lows of using 3D as a storytelling tool. The multimedia presentation will include big-screen glimpses of comics’ most famous—and most forgettable—3D projects, as well as a brief, exclusive sneak peek at Ryan & Marquez’s epic 3D melodrama, The Joyners in 3D. Moderated by Word Balloon podcast host John Siuntres, every panel attendee receives a free pair of 3D glasses and a coupon to receive a copy of the 2012 Free Comic Book Day hardcover at the Archaia booth (while supplies last)!
• Mouse Guard creator David Petersen and Rust creator Royden Lepp are among the guests on the Imaginative Sci-Fi Authors of C2E2panel! Saturday, 12:45-1:45pm, Room W475B. They will join other science fiction and fantasy authors like E.B. Hudspeth (The Resurrectionist, published by Quirk), Jeffrey Brown (Darth Vader and Son, Top Shelf), Brandon Easton (Roboy, Lion Forge), and Rachel Rawlings (The Maurin Kincaide Series) to talk about their imaginative Sci-Fi and Fantasy graphic novels!
• Meteor Entertainment is bringing the experience of their smash hit, online, free-to-play, giant-mech video game HAWKEN to C2E2 with two play-test kiosks set up at the Archaia booth! Copies of the accompanying graphic novel, HAWKEN: GENESIS, will be on hand for purchase, and each copy comes with a scratch-off card with a code that can be redeemed for 10,000 HAWKEN Credits for use in the game!
• Charles Soule, the new writer of DC’s Swamp Thing, will be on hand to autograph advance copies of his new Archaia graphic novel, Strange Attractors, which is the fascinating sci-fi story of how a professor uses mathematics to help keep New York City from destroying itself! Check for his signing schedule at the booth (#1019) or on Archaia.com.
• Fans who purchase copies of Hopeless, Maine will receive a free, handmade postcard created by authors Tom and Nimue Brown. Quantities are limited!
• Using Foursquare, fans have a chance to win an all-ages prize pack containing copies of: Mouse Guard Vol. 1: Fall 1152; Rust Vol. 1; Pantalones, TX; and Cow Boy: A Boy and His Horse. To enter, simply check in to “Archaia Entertainment: Booth #1019” (http://4sq.com/12FDU7y) through the Foursquare app on your iOS or Android phone and tweet your check-in using #ArchaiaC2E2. Winners will be contacted to receive their prize. More info: http://on.fb.me/12G8IFk .
• Using Instagram, fans have a chance to win a Henson/Archaia graphic novel prize pack containing copies of: Fraggle Rock Vol. 1, Fraggle Rock Vol. 2: Tails and Tales, The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 1, and The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 2. To enter, take creative photos of the Archaia booth at C2E2 (#1019), upload it using the Instagram app on your iOS or Android phone, and use the hashtag #ArchaiaC2E2. Archaia will choose the best photo and contact the winner to receive their prize! Photos will be posted on the Archaia Facebook page! More info: http://on.fb.me/11idRR2.
• Archaia Entertainment will be hosting a Retweet to Win contest through Twitter for fans who can’t make it to C2E2! Retweeting starts Friday, April 26th at 10am CST! This contest will run thru Sunday, April 28th. To enter, you must follow Archaia on Twitter, look for the special “RT to Win” tweet from our account (@Archaia) which will be sent out several times each day throughout C2E2 weekend (April 26-28). Multiple winners will be selected each day. Prizes include copies of: Cow Boy: A Boy and His Horse; The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 1; Fraggle Rock Vol. 1; Gunnerkrigg Court Vol. 1; HAWKEN: GENESIS; Mouse Guard Vol. 1: Fall 1152; Pantalones, TX; Return of the Dapper Men; andRust Vol. 1. More info: https://www.facebook.com/
See you at C2E2! Visit c2e2.com for information on how to buy tickets!
About Archaia Entertainment, LLC
Archaia is a multi-award-winning graphic novel publisher with more than 75 renowned publishing brands, including such domestic and international hits as Mouse Guard, Rust, Cow Boy, Cursed Pirate Girl, Gunnerkrigg Court, and Artesia. Archaia has also published an entire line of graphic novels in partnership with The Jim Henson Company, including the multiple award-winning Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand and such beloved tales as The Dark Crystal, The Storyteller, and Fraggle Rock. Alongside these celebrated titles, Archaia has released English translations of numerous renowned foreign titles to much fanfare, including The Killer, Sergio Toppi’s Sharaz-De, and The Secret History.
This year, Archaia was honored with two Eisner nominations, and in 2012, Archaia was honored with six Harvey Award nominations, two Harvey Awards, six Eisner nominations, and three Eisner Awards (Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand won for Best Graphic Album–New, Best Penciller/Inker, and Best Publication Design). Also in 2012, Archaia earned both Gold and Silver awards from ForeWord Reviews. Archaia was honored with nine 2011 Eisner Awards nominations and two Eisner Awards for Best Graphic Album and Best Anthology.
In addition to its partnership with The Jim Henson Company, Archaia has forged creative partnerships with storytellers in all facets of the entertainment industry, resulting in print and digital expansions of such noted properties as Bleedout and HAWKEN (video games), Immortalsand Planet of the Apes (film), and Space: 1999 (television).
Archaia has built an unparalleled reputation within the creator community for producing meaningful, transformative content, building one of the industry’s most visually stunning and eclectic slates of graphic novels.
David Marquez: ALL-NEW X-MEN, ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN, FANTASTIC FOUR: SEASON ONE
Cody Schibi: DRAWING A BLANK: THE ART OF COBY SCHIBI, WHEN THE EVIL CAME, BULLMOOSE
Lance Schibi: BULLMOOSE
5901 McPherson Road, Suite #2B, Laredo, TX 78041
David Marquez signs at Austin Books & Comics on Wednesday January 16, 2013 from 4:00 – 7:00 pm.
David Marquez, artist on Ultimate Comics Spider-Man and Fantastic Four: Season One, appears at America’s Heroes Comics and Games for an in-store signing on Saturday June 9th. Copies of Mr. Marquez’s work will be on hand on hand at the store. The signing will take place from 12:00 noon to 5:00 PM. Come out for a day of fun and meet a true superstar in today’s landscape of comic books.
America’s Heroes Comics
104 West Rancier Ave, Killeen, TX 76541
Artist David Marquez appears at Austin Books & Comics on Wednesday April 4, 2012 from 4:00 – 7:00pm to sign his first issue of Ultimate Spider-Man!
ComicBreak.com brings you artist David Marquez on February 19th, 2012 at 6pm to sign copies of Fantastic Four: Season One! Stick around till 7pm for a special FREE screening of the never released 1994 Fantastic Four movie!
Alamo Drafthouse – Stone Oak
22806 US Hwy 281 North, San Antonio, TX 78258
Artist David Marquez signs on Wednesday, February 8, 2012 from 4:00pm until 7:00pm! He’ll be signing the original graphic novel Fantastic Four: Season One. This is a great opportunity to meet a local artist who is very clearly making a name for himself in the comics industry!
About Fantastic Four: Season One
In Manhattan’s most famous skyscraper, the Baxter Building, scientific genius Reed Richards hatches a plan that will change the lives of those he loves most – and the very course of human history – in a way no one could’ve ever imagined. Revisit the story that irrevocably altered comics and pop culture in this all-new graphic novel, modernizing the journey of Reed Richards, Susan Storm, Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm as they travel to the stars – and return with fantastic, devastating results! Plus: Witness the FF’s cataclysmic first battles with the Mole Man, Dr. Doom and Prince Namor, the mysterious Sub-Mariner, in a way you’ve never seen before. You only think you know the story!
David Marquez appears from 5 to 7 pm on Wednesday February 9th to sign Secret Warriors #24!
Austin Books & Comics
5002 North Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78751
ARCHAIA ENDING THE 2010 CONVENTION SEASON IN STYLE AT NEW YORK COMIC CON
PUBLISHER WILL HOST OVER 30 CREATORS, DEBUT FIVE HARDCOVER BOOKS, ANNOUNCE TWO NEW PROJECTS AND PUT ON THREE PANELS
Los Angeles, CA (October 7, 2010) – Capping off a successful 2010 convention season and eager to win over more fans to its brand of high-quality comics and graphic novels, Archaia Entertainment announced it will have a huge presence at New York Comic Con, taking place Oct. 8-10 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City.
In addition to setting up an oversized 20’ x 30’ booth on the show floor, Archaia will host over 30 creators for autograph signings; debut six new titles for the first time anywhere, including five graphic novel hardcover books; present three entertaining panels throughout the weekend and announce two, new projects; and co-sponsor several off-site events to celebrate the releases of RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN and MOON LAKE.
“We are thrilled to appear at New York Comic Con, the second largest comic book and pop culture convention in the country, to reward our East Coast-based fans with some cool products and giveaways, and to attract new readers with our line of high-quality titles,” said Archaia Marketing Manager, Mel Caylo. “We’re hoping to end this year’s convention season with a great showing to generate buzz and excitement in the comics industry!”
The six titles debuting at New York Comic Con are:
· AWAKENING VOL. 2 – The follow-up to the critically acclaimed Awakening Vol. 1 concludes the gripping storyline of what may or may not be a zombie outbreak in a small town.
· FEEDING GROUND #1 – The debut of the first issue of this brand-new miniseries about werewolves terrorizing the Devil’s Highway, a corridor along the Mexico-Arizona border used by illegal immigrants. Presented both in English and Spanish!
· THE GOD MACHINE – A stylistic Gothic adventure about a young man’s journey to save his girlfriend’s soul.
· MOON LAKE – This eclectic collection of horror stories mixes elements from Tales from the Crypt and “Twilight Zone” and includes contributions from some of the best creators in horror comics like Brian Holguin, Stef Hutchinson and Jeffrey Zornow.
· MOUSE GUARD: LEGENDS OF THE GUARD VOL. 1 – Collects the critically acclaimed miniseries in which Mouse Guard creator David Petersen handpicks other creators to write and draw Mouse Guard stories.
· RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN – A visual tour de force that presents a modern twist on classic fairy tales, utilizing an incredible decoupage art style that combines steampunk fantasy and science fiction with Art Nouveau for a truly unique and groundbreaking book.
The following Archaia creators will be on hand at various times at the Archaia booth (#2031) to sign autographs, sell exclusive items and hand out cool giveaways:
· Awakening – Alex Eckman-Lawn (artist)
· Bleedout – Nathan Fox (artist), Sanford Greene (artist), Zach Howard (artist), Michael Kennedy (writer), Ben Templesmith (artist)
· Critical Millennium – Daniel Dussault (artist), Andrew E. C. Gaska (creator/writer)
· Days Missing – Phil Hester (writer), David Marquez (artist), Trevor Roth (creator)
· Feeding Ground – Swifty Lang (co-creator/co-writer), Michael Lapinski (co-creator/artist), Christopher Mangun (co-creator/co-writer)
· Fraggle Rock – Nichol Ashworth (writer), Tim Beedle (editor), Michael DiMotta (artist), Sam Humphries (writer), Neil Kleid (writer), Dave Lanphear (letterer), Grace Randolph (writer)
· The God Machine – Chandra Free (creator/writer/artist)
· Gunnerkrigg Court – Tom Siddell (creator/writer/artist)
· Hybrid Bastards! – Kate Glasheen (artist), Tom Pinchuk (creator/writer)
· Lucid – Michael McMillian (creator/writer)
· Moon Lake – Dan Fogler (creator), Robbi Rodriguez (artist), Jeffrey Zornow (artist)
· Mouse Guard – David Petersen (creator/writer/artist)
· Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard – Katie Cook (writer/artist), David Petersen (creator/writer/artist), Sean Rubin (writer/artist)
· Return of the Dapper Men – Janet Lee (co-creator/artist), Jim McCann (co-creator/writer)
· Starkweather: Immortal – Dave Rodriguez (creator/writer)
· Syndrome – David Marquez (artist)
· Tumor – Joshua Hale Fialkov (co-creator/writer)
Listed below are the three panels Archaia will present at New York Comic Con:
ARCHAIA BLACK LABEL
The new Archaia Black Label specializes in co-developing intellectual properties with prestigious partners who are seeking to realize their ideas through the use of Archaia’s resources. Join Archaia as they show exclusive preview images and discuss current and upcoming Archaia Black Label titles, including: DAYS MISSING: KESTUS with Roddenberry Productions’ Trevor Roth, writer Phil Hester and artist David Marquez; LUCID with creator/writer and “True Blood” actor Michael McMillian; MOON LAKE with creator/co-writer Dan Fogler; and MR. MURDER IS DEAD with creator/writer Victor Quinaz. Plus, two exclusive announcements, including one in association with video game publisher Vogster Entertainment. There will be surprise guests! You don’t want to miss this! Moderated by Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy. Panel Room 8 (1A23)
ARCHAIA ALL ACCESS
Get updates, previews and new information on current and upcoming core Archaia titles as the publisher spotlights: AWAKENING VOL. 2 with artist Alex Eckman-Lawn; CRITICAL MILLENNIUM with writer Andrew E. C. Gaska and artist Daniel Dussault; FEEDING GROUND with creators Swifty Lang, Michael Lapinski and Christopher Mangun; and THE GOD MACHINE with creator Chandra Free! Moderated by Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy. Panel Room 7 (1A22)
ARCHAIA ALL AGES
All ages books are not necessarily children’s books—they’re books that readers of all ages can enjoy! Join Archaia for updates, previews and exciting new information on several of its All Ages titles, including: FRAGGLE ROCK VOL. 2 with editor Tim Beedle; MOUSE GUARD with creator/writer/artist David Petersen; MOUSE GUARD ROLEPLAYING GAME BOX SET with Petersen and game designer Luke Crane; and RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN with writer Jim McCann and artist Janet Lee. Moderated by Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy. Panel Room 5 (1A17-18)
During New York Comic Con, Archaia will also co-sponsor several off-site events that are open to the public to mark the release of two of its books:
RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN Book Release and Art Show
Thursday, Oct. 7, 7-10 p.m.
Alice’s Tea Cup, 102 West 73rd St., New York, NY 10023
To recognize the release of Archaia’s new hardcover fairy tale, RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN, writer Jim McCann and artist Janet Lee will display and offer for sale several of the decoupage art pieces that were created for the book. Join us for scones, cake, tea and, after 8 p.m., wine (courtesy of Bluebird Wines), as we celebrate this event on the eve of New York Comic Con! Admission is free!
The MOON LAKE Gallery at BAR 13
Saturday, Oct. 9 and Sunday Oct. 10, 12-5 p.m. each day
Bar 13, 35 east 13th St. Union Square, New York, NY 10003
Illustrations and images from the MOON LAKE graphic novel are on display, all day Saturday and Sunday from 12-5 pm. Admission is free! Complimentary beverages!
MOON LAKE Live Radio Play Performance and HYSTERICAL PSYCHO Screening
Saturday, Oct. 9. 11 p.m.-12 a.m.
Cinema Village Theater, 22 East 12th St., New York, NY 10003
Here’s your chance to watch a graphic novel performed before your very eyes! Before television, audiences were entertained by radio actors as they performed their favorite stories over the airwaves. Harkening back to that era, actor Dan Fogler and members of the Studio13 acting group will perform stories from Fogler’s MOON LAKE graphic novel LIVE! You have to see this! Admission is free! The performance will be followed by a midnight screening of Fogler’s film “Hysterical Psycho,” on which the MOON LAKE graphic novel is based. There will be a $10 charge for the movie.
As you can see, Archaia is looking to end the 2010 convention season with a bang, and we hope you’ll be there to experience it with us!
Archaia has built an unparalleled reputation for producing meaningful content that perpetually transforms minds. Archaia is: An Elegy for Amelia Johnson, Artesia, Awakening, Beautiful Scars, Berona’s War, The Black Knight, Critical Millennium, Cyclops, The Dark Crystal, Dark Fall, Days Missing, The Devil’s Handshake, The Engineer, Everlast, Feeding Ground, Fraggle Rock, God Machine, The Grave Doug Freshley, Gunnerkrigg Court, Hybrid Bastards!, Inanna’s Tears, The Killer, Killing Pickman, Labyrinth, The Lone and Level Sands, Lucid, Miranda Mercury, Moon Lake, Mouse Guard, Mr. Murder Is Dead, Okko, One in a Million, Primordia, The Return of the Dapper Men, Robotika, Saga, The Secret History, Some New Kind of Slaughter, Starkweather: Immortal, Syndrome, Titanium Rain, Trial By Fire, Tumor and 10 more new titles in 2010.
For more information on Archaia or any Archaia titles please visit www.Archaia.com. Archaia can also be found on Facebook (facebook.com/archaiacomics) and Twitter (twitter.com/archaiacomics).