Brian Michael Bendis, Michael Avon Oeming, and David Marquez appear at TFAW on Wednesday, September 4th, 2013 from 7:00PM till 10:00PM!
Things From Another World is proud to announce an X-Men: Battle of the Atom signing and Q&A with Marvel Architect Brian Michael Bendis (All-New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Powers) September 4 at the Portland TFAW from 7 to 10 p.m. Joining him are special guests Michael Avon Oeming (Powers, Mice Templar, Michael Avon Oeming’s The Victories) and artist David Marquez (Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, All-New X-Men). This is Bendis’s only store appearance this year! Come pick up X-Men: Battle of the Atom #1 and All-New X-Men #16, the first two chapters of this fall’s major X-Men crossover, get exclusive giveaways from Marvel Comics (while supplies last), and enjoy complimentary food and beverages!
Brian Michael Bendis, a multiple Eisner Award-winning creator, has been one of Marvel’s most prolific and popular writers for more than a decade, and is the pen behind such landmark events as House of M, Secret Invasion, and Siege. He co-created the acclaimed superhero police/noir detective series Powers with Michael Avon Oeming in 2000, the same year he launched Ultimate Spider-Man, which currently features the incredible art of David Marquez. In addition to his work for Marvel, Bendis has taught classes on how to write graphic novels at Portland State University, which he will continue at the University of Oregon this fall.
“Brian Michael Bendis, Michael Avon Oeming, and David Marquez are three of the most exciting creators in comics today,” said TFAW Vice President Andrew McIntire. “We’re thrilled to host this signing and Q&A at the Portland TFAW.”
After breaking into comics at the age of 14 as an inker, Michael Avon Oeming has enjoyed a long and fruitful career in comics, working as an artist and writer. His latest series is Michael Avon Oeming’s The Victories. David Marquez began his career as an animator for Warner Independent Pictures’ A Scanner Darkly, later releasing his graphic novel Syndrome through Archaia. He’s currently under an exclusive contract with Marvel Comics and recently moved to Portland.
Don’t miss Brian Michael Bendis’s only store appearance this year, September 4 at the Portland TFAW. The Q&A will take place from 7 to 8 p.m. There will be a limited number of exclusive giveaways from Marvel Comics, so get there early!
Things From Another World
2916 NE Broadway, Portland, OR 97232
ARCHAIA EXHIBITING AT C2E2 THIS WEEKEND!
New Titles! A panel on 3D comics! And, contests to win great Archaia Books at our booth through Twitter, Instagram, FourSquare, and more!
CHICAGO, IL (April 25, 2013) – Award-winning graphic novel publisher Archaia Entertainment is excited to announce it will exhibit at booth #1019 at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2) for a fourth straight year since the event’s inception! C2E2 is one of the Midwest’s biggest celebrations of comics and pop culture, taking place during the weekend of April 26-28, 2013 in the West Hall of McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. Archaia’s corporate headquarters is based in Chicago.
“We love making C2E2 one of our biggest events of the year. Nearly our entire management team is from Chicago, the Chicago fans are great, and our creators really make it a special show for us,” raved Chicago native, Jack Cummins, President & COO of Archaia. “We have great new titles like Strange Attractors, Mumbai Confidential, and HAWKEN: GENESIS, as well as Rust Vol. 2: Secrets of the Cell, Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 2, and Pantalones, TX: Don’t Chicken Out. We are excited for our fans to see these new books and find out about the new upcoming Mouse Guard books directly from Eisner Award winner David Petersen.”
Creators and contributors scheduled to appear at the Archaia booth include:
Andrew E. C. Gaska (writer: Space: 1999: Aftershock and Awe, Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes, Critical Millennium: The Dark Frontier, the upcoming Classic Space: 1999)
Andrew Rostan (writer; An Elegy for Amelia Johnson)
Brent Schoonover (artist, Mr. Murder Is Dead)
Chandra Free (writer/artist: The God Machine, Fraggle Rock)
Charles Soule (writer: Strange Attractors)
Cory Godbey (artist: Fraggle Rock, the upcoming Jim Henson’s Labyrinth and Spera Vol. 3)
David Marquez (artist: Syndrome, the upcoming The Joyners in 3D)
David Petersen (writer/artist: Mouse Guard)
Janet Lee (artist: Return of the Dapper Men)
Jeremy Bastian (writer/artist: Cursed Pirate Girl)
Jim McCann (writer: Return of the Dapper Men)
Ramón Pérez (artist: Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand)
R. J. Ryan (writer: Syndrome, the upcoming The Joyners in 3D)
Royden Lepp (writer/artist: The Rust)
Tom Pinchuk (writer: Hybrid Bastards!)
Yehudi Mercado (writer/artist: Pantalones, TX: Don’t Chicken Out)
Check the signing schedule at Archaia.com for your favorite creator’s availability. Here’s what else is going on at the Archaia booth during C2E2 weekend:
• We will present a panel on Sunday! Archaia Entertainment Presents: Comics Storytelling and the Lost Art of 3D, 1:30-2:30pm, Room W471. Join us for an uncensored discussion of the medium’s benefits and drawbacks, as well as a wide-ranging survey of the highs and lows of 60 years of 3D comics, only at C2E2 2013! We will preview the 2013 release of the ambitious, all-3D graphic novel The Joyners in 3D from Archaia, writer R.J. Ryan (Syndrome), New York Times best-selling illustrator David Marquez (All-New X-Men, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Syndrome), and Archaia Editor-in-Chief Stephen Christy have invited a panel of creatives from across comics to dig deep into both the highs and lows of using 3D as a storytelling tool. The multimedia presentation will include big-screen glimpses of comics’ most famous—and most forgettable—3D projects, as well as a brief, exclusive sneak peek at Ryan & Marquez’s epic 3D melodrama, The Joyners in 3D. Moderated by Word Balloon podcast host John Siuntres, every panel attendee receives a free pair of 3D glasses and a coupon to receive a copy of the 2012 Free Comic Book Day hardcover at the Archaia booth (while supplies last)!
• Mouse Guard creator David Petersen and Rust creator Royden Lepp are among the guests on the Imaginative Sci-Fi Authors of C2E2panel! Saturday, 12:45-1:45pm, Room W475B. They will join other science fiction and fantasy authors like E.B. Hudspeth (The Resurrectionist, published by Quirk), Jeffrey Brown (Darth Vader and Son, Top Shelf), Brandon Easton (Roboy, Lion Forge), and Rachel Rawlings (The Maurin Kincaide Series) to talk about their imaginative Sci-Fi and Fantasy graphic novels!
• Meteor Entertainment is bringing the experience of their smash hit, online, free-to-play, giant-mech video game HAWKEN to C2E2 with two play-test kiosks set up at the Archaia booth! Copies of the accompanying graphic novel, HAWKEN: GENESIS, will be on hand for purchase, and each copy comes with a scratch-off card with a code that can be redeemed for 10,000 HAWKEN Credits for use in the game!
• Charles Soule, the new writer of DC’s Swamp Thing, will be on hand to autograph advance copies of his new Archaia graphic novel, Strange Attractors, which is the fascinating sci-fi story of how a professor uses mathematics to help keep New York City from destroying itself! Check for his signing schedule at the booth (#1019) or on Archaia.com.
• Fans who purchase copies of Hopeless, Maine will receive a free, handmade postcard created by authors Tom and Nimue Brown. Quantities are limited!
• Using Foursquare, fans have a chance to win an all-ages prize pack containing copies of: Mouse Guard Vol. 1: Fall 1152; Rust Vol. 1; Pantalones, TX; and Cow Boy: A Boy and His Horse. To enter, simply check in to “Archaia Entertainment: Booth #1019” (http://4sq.com/12FDU7y) through the Foursquare app on your iOS or Android phone and tweet your check-in using #ArchaiaC2E2. Winners will be contacted to receive their prize. More info: http://on.fb.me/12G8IFk .
• Using Instagram, fans have a chance to win a Henson/Archaia graphic novel prize pack containing copies of: Fraggle Rock Vol. 1, Fraggle Rock Vol. 2: Tails and Tales, The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 1, and The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 2. To enter, take creative photos of the Archaia booth at C2E2 (#1019), upload it using the Instagram app on your iOS or Android phone, and use the hashtag #ArchaiaC2E2. Archaia will choose the best photo and contact the winner to receive their prize! Photos will be posted on the Archaia Facebook page! More info: http://on.fb.me/11idRR2.
• Archaia Entertainment will be hosting a Retweet to Win contest through Twitter for fans who can’t make it to C2E2! Retweeting starts Friday, April 26th at 10am CST! This contest will run thru Sunday, April 28th. To enter, you must follow Archaia on Twitter, look for the special “RT to Win” tweet from our account (@Archaia) which will be sent out several times each day throughout C2E2 weekend (April 26-28). Multiple winners will be selected each day. Prizes include copies of: Cow Boy: A Boy and His Horse; The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 1; Fraggle Rock Vol. 1; Gunnerkrigg Court Vol. 1; HAWKEN: GENESIS; Mouse Guard Vol. 1: Fall 1152; Pantalones, TX; Return of the Dapper Men; andRust Vol. 1. More info: https://www.facebook.com/
See you at C2E2! Visit c2e2.com for information on how to buy tickets!
About Archaia Entertainment, LLC
Archaia is a multi-award-winning graphic novel publisher with more than 75 renowned publishing brands, including such domestic and international hits as Mouse Guard, Rust, Cow Boy, Cursed Pirate Girl, Gunnerkrigg Court, and Artesia. Archaia has also published an entire line of graphic novels in partnership with The Jim Henson Company, including the multiple award-winning Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand and such beloved tales as The Dark Crystal, The Storyteller, and Fraggle Rock. Alongside these celebrated titles, Archaia has released English translations of numerous renowned foreign titles to much fanfare, including The Killer, Sergio Toppi’s Sharaz-De, and The Secret History.
This year, Archaia was honored with two Eisner nominations, and in 2012, Archaia was honored with six Harvey Award nominations, two Harvey Awards, six Eisner nominations, and three Eisner Awards (Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand won for Best Graphic Album–New, Best Penciller/Inker, and Best Publication Design). Also in 2012, Archaia earned both Gold and Silver awards from ForeWord Reviews. Archaia was honored with nine 2011 Eisner Awards nominations and two Eisner Awards for Best Graphic Album and Best Anthology.
In addition to its partnership with The Jim Henson Company, Archaia has forged creative partnerships with storytellers in all facets of the entertainment industry, resulting in print and digital expansions of such noted properties as Bleedout and HAWKEN (video games), Immortalsand Planet of the Apes (film), and Space: 1999 (television).
Archaia has built an unparalleled reputation within the creator community for producing meaningful, transformative content, building one of the industry’s most visually stunning and eclectic slates of graphic novels.
David Marquez: ALL-NEW X-MEN, ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN, FANTASTIC FOUR: SEASON ONE
Cody Schibi: DRAWING A BLANK: THE ART OF COBY SCHIBI, WHEN THE EVIL CAME, BULLMOOSE
Lance Schibi: BULLMOOSE
5901 McPherson Road, Suite #2B, Laredo, TX 78041
David Marquez signs at Austin Books & Comics on Wednesday January 16, 2013 from 4:00 – 7:00 pm.
David Marquez, artist on Ultimate Comics Spider-Man and Fantastic Four: Season One, appears at America’s Heroes Comics and Games for an in-store signing on Saturday June 9th. Copies of Mr. Marquez’s work will be on hand on hand at the store. The signing will take place from 12:00 noon to 5:00 PM. Come out for a day of fun and meet a true superstar in today’s landscape of comic books.
America’s Heroes Comics
104 West Rancier Ave, Killeen, TX 76541
Artist David Marquez appears at Austin Books & Comics on Wednesday April 4, 2012 from 4:00 – 7:00pm to sign his first issue of Ultimate Spider-Man!
ComicBreak.com brings you artist David Marquez on February 19th, 2012 at 6pm to sign copies of Fantastic Four: Season One! Stick around till 7pm for a special FREE screening of the never released 1994 Fantastic Four movie!
Alamo Drafthouse – Stone Oak
22806 US Hwy 281 North, San Antonio, TX 78258
Artist David Marquez signs on Wednesday, February 8, 2012 from 4:00pm until 7:00pm! He’ll be signing the original graphic novel Fantastic Four: Season One. This is a great opportunity to meet a local artist who is very clearly making a name for himself in the comics industry!
About Fantastic Four: Season One
In Manhattan’s most famous skyscraper, the Baxter Building, scientific genius Reed Richards hatches a plan that will change the lives of those he loves most – and the very course of human history – in a way no one could’ve ever imagined. Revisit the story that irrevocably altered comics and pop culture in this all-new graphic novel, modernizing the journey of Reed Richards, Susan Storm, Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm as they travel to the stars – and return with fantastic, devastating results! Plus: Witness the FF’s cataclysmic first battles with the Mole Man, Dr. Doom and Prince Namor, the mysterious Sub-Mariner, in a way you’ve never seen before. You only think you know the story!
David Marquez appears from 5 to 7 pm on Wednesday February 9th to sign Secret Warriors #24!
Austin Books & Comics
5002 North Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78751