Rob Zombie to Act as Host for VH1 Classic’s Comic-Con Attendee Welcome Party “Dawn Of The Con” for SDCC 2012
VH1 Classic To Present First-Ever Official Comic-Con Attendee Welcome Party “Dawn Of The Con” (via PR Newswire)
NEW YORK, June 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – VH1 Classic will present the first-ever official Comic-Con Opening Night Attendee Welcome Party, “Dawn of the Con,” on Thursday, July 12, 5:30 – 11PM PT. VH1 Classic will take over San Diego’s Petco Park to ring in Comic-Con in true rocker fashion. The night…
Sixth Annual CAM Sketch-a-thon at San Diego Comic-Con International
Cartoon Art Museum Event: Thursday, July 12 through Sunday, July 15, 2012
$10 Suggested donation per sketch
San Francisco, CA: The Cartoon Art Museum is pleased to announce its programming for this year’s San Diego Comic-Con International, to be held at the San Diego Convention Center from July 12-15, 2012. This year marks the sixth annual CAM Sketch-a-thon, which features a host of artists donating their time and talents to support the museum in its fundraising efforts. This year’s roster includes professional animators, graphic novelists, newspaper strip cartoonists, political cartoonists, comic book illustrators, webcartoonists, underground cartoonists and self-publishers, providing the Cartoon Art Museum’s booth with one of the most diverse artistic populations at Comic-Con. The National Cartoonist Society’s 2012 Reuben Award Winner Tom Richmond and Walking Dead artist Charlie Adlard are among the artists supporting the Cartoon Art Museum at this year’s event.
Artists will draw for visitors during one-hour sessions at the Cartoon Art Museum’s booth, #1930 on the convention floor. In exchange for a donation of $10 or more to the Cartoon Art Museum, supporters will receive a customized convention sketch from a professional cartoonist. Featured artists include Charlie Adlard, Michael Aushenker, Elijah Brubaker, Carolyn Watson Dubisch, Mike Dubisch, Phil Foglio, Shaenon K. Garrity, Zack Giallongo, Sina Grace, Mike Gray, Klaus Janson, Keith Knight, Jon Macy, Larry Marder, Kraig Rasmussen, Denny Riccelli, Tom Richmond, Dave Roman, Scott Shaw!, Seamus Smith, Raina Telgemeier, Jen Vaughn, Kimo Yancey and Ron Yavnieli, with many more to be announced as the convention approaches. Please stay tuned to our website for an updated list and schedule as additional artists confirm.
Artists who are interested in participating in the CAM Sketch-a-thon should contact Andrew Farago at email@example.com for more information.
‘White Room:02B3’ Makes US Premier Comic-Con Weekend
Film joins ‘Trek Nation’ screening for sold-out Roddenberry Entertainment event
SAN DIEGO; June 19, 2012 — Roddenberry Entertainment, the successor of the science fiction pioneer that brought television and film audiences Star Trek, announced today that its innovative film, White Room: 02B3, will make its stateside debut when it accompanies Trek Nation at Roddenberry’s exclusive event at San Diego’s Birch North Park Theatre on July 12. This will mark the first time American audiences will be able to see White Room:02B3 and Trek Nation in theater.
Starring Breckin Meyer, Tamlyn Tomita, David Blue and Rachel True, as well as Internet icons Tony Janning and Milynn Sarley, White Room:02B3 is about six strangers who wake up in a white room to find out they are part of a bizarre experiment that could help change the face of humanity forever.
With over 100,000 sci-fi fans planning to flood San Diego during Comic-Con weekend, this event is already sold out. Luckily for those who weren’t able to grab a spot for the double feature screening, fans can see White Room:02B3 at the San Diego Film Festival in late September where it’s been accepted as an official selection.
The July debut of White Room:02B3 in a traditional theater format will tease the upcoming 360-degree version of the film to debut in dome theaters later this year. The 360-dgree version will project the film around audiences to create an engaging, interactive experience unlike anything before. Filmed on a set constructed with pieces of science fiction history, including props from Blade Runner and Reel Steel, White Room: 02B3 is a genuine Roddenberry endeavor which examines humanity from, literally, every angle.
“San Diego Comic-Con weekend is the perfect setting for Roddenberry Entertainment to bring our newest films to fans in an exciting cinematic environment,” said White Room:02B3 executive producer and Roddenberry Entertainment COO Trevor Roth. “We’re eager to personally engage with our fans and introduce them to two films that approach science fiction and explore the human condition in such unique ways.”
About Roddenberry Entertainment
Roddenberry Entertainment is a science-fiction leader with a tradition of revolutionary entertainment. Originally founded in 1967 by Gene Roddenberry, the company has since led a steady stable of science-fiction successes including Gene Roddenberry’s Earth: Final Conflict, Gene Roddenberry’s Andromeda and, most notably, Star Trek. Roddenberry Entertainment has continued to bring the Roddenberry philosophy to a new generation and has evolved its groundbreaking science fiction into an innovative, multimedia portfolio of graphic novels, comics, television and film projects, while continuing its unique tradition in quality merchandising. With insightful explorations of humanity, Roddenberry Entertainment has set itself apart by creating smart and provocative science fiction that challenges its audiences to think, question and explore the world, as well as those beyond. For more information on Roddenberry Entertainment please visit www.Roddenberry.com. Roddenberry Entertainment can also be found onFacebook and Twitter.
Via their Facebook page, Image has provided an early look at the creators set to appear at their booth (#2729) during Comic-Con International 2012 in San Diego.
As you can see above, featured guests would appear to include:
- Ryan Ottley
- Nick Spencer
- Robert Kirkman
- John Layman
- Charlie Adlard
- Ed Brubaker
The Walking Dead Escape: San Diego Partners with Make-Up Effects Company KNB EFX Group, Inc. Lead by Co-Executive Producer of AMC’s The Walking Dead Greg Nicotero (via PR Newswire)
SAN DIEGO, June 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – The Walking Dead Escape: San Diego announced its partnership with KNB EFX Group, Inc. and its founder Greg Nicotero, the force behind Special Effects Make-up for TV shows and movies such as AMC’s The Walking Dead, Kill Bill, Predators, Transformers 1-3, Pulp…
WARNER BROS. KEYS UP THE EXCITEMENT AT COMIC-CON 2012
Studio Creating Over 40,000 Limited-Edition Collectible Hotel Keycards for New TV Series 666 Park Avenue, Arrow and Revolution
BURBANK, Calif. (June 18, 2012) — Warner Bros. Entertainment is the key to excitement at Comic-Con! The Studio has once again created a set of limited-edition collectible hotel keycards, which will be in use at top hotels throughout the San Diego area during Comic-Con 2012. This marks the fifth consecutive year for the popular room key program, giving fans instant access to a usable — and collectible — piece of artwork.
Over 40,000 branded room keys will be available to fans at 38 participating San Diego–area hotels, courtesy of Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing.
For Comic-Con 2012, Warner Bros. has created all-new keycards for three of the Studio’s highly anticipated new fall series:
- The 666 Park Avenue keycard grants access to anything you desire — as long as it’s inside your room
- The Arrow keycard features star Stephen Amell as the Arrow in an all-new in-character photo
- The Revolution keycard opens hotel doors every time — no blackout here!
About the series:
- 666 Park Avenue: Anything you desire can be yours … for a price. Lost’s Terry O’Quinn andDesperate Housewives’ Vanessa Williams headline this scary, seductive drama from Alloy Entertainment as the owners of a Manhattan apartment building who recruit an idealistic young couple to manage the historic site with a dark history. The series also stars Rachael Taylor (Charlie’s Angels), Dave Annable (Brothers & Sisters), Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill), Mercedes Masohn (The Finder), Helena Mattsson (Iron Man 2) and Samantha Logan (Law & Order: SVU). Matthew Miller (Chuck), David Wilcox (Fringe), Leslie Morgenstein (The Vampire Diaries), Gina Girolamo (The Secret Circle) and Alex Graves (Fringe) are the executive producers. Based upon the book series by Gabriella Pierce and from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Alloy Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television, 666 Park Avenue will air Sundays at 10/9c on ABC this fall. Watch the full-length pilot at Warner Bros. Television’s Preview Night screening at Comic-Con on Wednesday, July 11, or during the 666 Park Avenue session on Friday, July 13.
- Arrow: From executive producers Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville), hard-hitting action seriesArrow reinvents the DC Comics hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and a very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime. The series stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice), Colin Donnell (Pan Am), Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), David Ramsey (Dexter), Willa Holland (The O.C.) with Susanna Thompson (Dragonfly) and Paul Blackthorne (The River). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Arrow is based upon characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics and will air Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW this fall. Watch the full-length pilot at Warner Bros. Television’s Preview Night screening at Comic-Con on Wednesday, July 11, or during the Arrow session on Friday, July 13.
- Revolution: What would you do without it all? In Revolution, an epic adventure thriller fromSupernatural’s Eric Kripke, J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Iron Man’s Jon Favreau, a family struggles to reunite in a post-apocalyptic landscape of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters where every single piece of technology — phones, computers, cars, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out … forever. Revolution stars Billy Burke (Twilight films), Tracy Spiridakos (Being Human), Anna Lise Phillips (Animal Kingdom), Zak Orth (Wet Hot American Summer), Graham Rogers (Memphis Beat), J.D. Pardo (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), David Lyons (The Cape), Maria Howell (The Vampire Diaries) and Tim Guinee (Iron Man films) and is executive produced by Kripke, J.J. Abrams (Fringe) and Bryan Burk (Fringe). Favreau directed the pilot and will serve as co-executive producer of the series, with Kathy Lingg (Fringe) and producer Athena Wickham (Fringe). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television, Revolution will air Mondays at 10/9c on NBC this fall. Watch the full-length pilot at Warner Bros. Television’s Preview Night screening at Comic-Con on Wednesday, July 11, or during the Revolution session on Saturday, July 14.
FEARnet Teams With Resident Evil 6 And Dark Sky Films To Host ‘Con-of-the-Dead’ Comic-Con Party for SDCC 2012
FEARnet Teams With Resident Evil® 6 And Dark Sky Films To Host ‘Con-of-the-Dead’ Comic-Con Party On Friday, July 13 In San Diego (via PR Newswire)
SANTA MONICA, Calif., June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – FEARnet, the leading cable destination for horror, thriller and suspense content, will team with Capcom® and its upcoming Resident Evil® 6 video game and MPI’s Dark Sky Films to celebrate the horror genre at Comic-Con this year, hosting “Con-of…
Retro Outlaw Studios, which put out prints, t-shirts, and collectibles, have announced the celebrity guests will who be appearing at their booth during Comic-Con International 2012 in San Diego:
- Thursday – Marilyn Ghigliotti (Clerks)
- Friday – Diamond Dallas Page (The Devils Rejects, WCW)
- Saturday – Traci Lords (Blade, Cry baby , Not of this Earth)
- Sunday – Sid Haig (House of 1000 corpses, The Devils Rejects, Spider Baby)
They will have exclusive posters and shirts available and lots of new designs.
The Walking Dead Creator/Writer Robert Kirkman Transforms Hyundai Elantra Coupe Into Zombie Survival Machine to be Unveiled at SDCC 2012
The Walking Dead Creator/Writer Robert Kirkman Transforms Hyundai Elantra Coupe Into Zombie Survival Machine (via PR Newswire)
COSTA MESA, Calif., June 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Hyundai has partnered with Robert Kirkman’s Skybound imprint at Image Comics and Kirkman’s groundbreaking comic and best-selling graphic novels, The Walking Dead, along with Future US, at Comic-Con International in San Diego this year on July 12-15.…
“SPARTACUS” TO CONQUER COMIC- CON FOR FINAL TIME!
INTERNATIONAL SMASH TO REVEAL EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE FROM “WAR OF THE DAMNED”
WHO: Liam McIntyre (Spartacus), Manu Bennett (Crixus) and Steven S. DeKnight
WHAT: On the heels of Starz’ announcement that the upcoming season, “Spartacus: War of the Damned” (premiering January 2013) will be the final chapter of the internationally-applauded franchise, stars Liam McIntyre and Manu Bennett will join executive producer/creator, Steven S. DeKnight at San Diego’s Comic-Con for what has been one of the most well-attended and lively panels for the past three years with standing-room only crowds. This summer’s event is sure to be no different as fans will get the very first opportunity to see new footage and hear about the upcoming and final season which DeKnight has promised will be “epic on a scale you will not believe.”
Production is currently underway in New Zealand. Liam and Manu will travel around the globe to be with the fans for just one day, before heading back to finish filming (production wraps in the fall).
This is the first, and perhaps only, opportunity to interview Liam, Manu and Steven together and get the inside story on the final season. “Spartacus: War of the Damned” is scheduled to premiere in January 2013 on STARZ.
WHEN: Friday, July 13th
Panel: 5:45-6:45pm . Location: Room 6BCF