Come to Richmond, VA on November 20-21 (The weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving) for a HORROR themed Comic book show! We have assembled the best talent in the world to showcase the finest in Horror Comic books! And YOU can get into the ENTIRE fully-carpeted and chandeliered show (including the AMA Manga and Anime Show) for only $14.99!
Headlined by Ethan Van Sciver (Blackest Night), The VA Comicon brings horror publishers Top Cow, Zenescope, Fangoria and more to Richmond! With Mutiple Show Exclusives including interlocking Witchblade and Darkness monster-themed covers by Billy Tucci! A Lady Death Exclusive Comic by Ivan Reis and Brian Pulido! A VA Comicon Grimm Fairy Tales exclusive with an Ebas Cover! An Arthur Suydam Exclusive Zombie Print, and a Bucky O’Hare print by Michael Golden. Finally a Limited edition Moonstone anthology by Con guests James Kuhoric (Scream Award winning writer of Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash), and JC Vaughn (Vampire Hunter Dean)!
Guests include: Ethan Van Sciver, Billy Tucci, Arthur Suydam,Michael Golden, Mike McKone, Brian Pulido, Ebas, Herb Trimpe, Alex Saviuk, Dan Parent, Tim Seeley, Larry Hama, Jim Calafiore, Rick Spears, Robert Atkins, Joe Jusko, Randy Green, The Fillbach Brothers,Tsunami Studios, Eva Ink, Adhouse Books and DOZENS more!
Exhibitors include: CGC, The Hero Initiative, ComicCollectorLive.com, Regal Cinemas, Fetch-a-Cure, The Wieringo Scholarship, Mile High Comics, Neat Stuff Collectibles, Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find, and Dozens more! In fact, more than HALF of our vendors will be selling Horror Comics from the Golden Age of Funny Books (1938-1955)!
Events include: An entire separate event hall filled with Manga and Anime vendors and creators! Lectures and panels including “Investing in Comics”, opportunities to sell your books on-site to the two top buyers of comic books in the world, Neat Stuff Collectibles and Mile High Comics, a FREE restoration check by top expert Steve Borock of Heritage Auctions at the Hero Initiative booth, exclusive horror movie screenings by Fangoria Saturday night, the first ever LIVE ComicCollectorLive.com Town Hall Meeting and SO MUCH MORE! (Once again, more info is at www.VAcomicon.com!) We will also have an auction for original comic art on Saturday night immediately following the show, to help cover artist travel expenses. 30% of auction sales will also go to charity!
The show has PLENTY of FREE parking, and is located less than 5 minutes off of I-64 and I-95 at the Ramada Plaza West in Richmond, VA (http://vacomicon.com/?page_id=10). With a FREE shuttle to the train station, and hotel rooms for only $65 a night, you should check it out!
As a special bonus, ConventionScene.com users can get into the show 30 minutes early AND get all ticket fees waived by going to http://vacomicon.com/?page_id=569 and entering the code CONVENTIONSCENE. As another bonus, attached to this message is the world premiere of Billy Tucci’s “Universal” inspired double-cover! All information regarding EVERYTHING is located at our newly re-designed website http://www.vacomicon.com. Be sure to stick around after for the HUGE original comic art auction Saturday night! With direct flights to Richmond for less than $59 from Philadelphia, New York and Florida, We KNOW will see you there!
Sincerely, Brett Carreras
Jim Rugg and Chris Pitzer hit the road to talk about their latest creation: AFRODISIAC. Each stop will include a signing, talking and LOVE! Plan your Valentine gift giving and pick up an autographed copy of the book!
Jim Rugg, with Brian Maruca, is the artist and co-creator of Afrodisiac. They also worked together on Street Angel, the saga of a thirteen year-old skateboarding homeless ninja girl. He also provided the art for PLAIN Janes and Janes in Love, which were written by YA Novelist Cecil Castellucci, as well as the brand new One Model Nation, which was written by Dandy Warhols frontman Courtney Taylor.
Chris Pitzer is the man in charge at Adhouse Books. He’s responsible for putting out a wide range of accessible yet unique books, many of which have been best sellers here. Some of the finest Adhouse books include: Pulphope by Paul Pope, Process Recess I, II, and III by James Jean, Mesmo Delivery by Raphael Grampa, and many more.
6pm – 9pm
Velocity Comics, 904 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23220-3809
6pm – 9pm
Chapel Hill Comics, 316 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC 27516
3pm – 6pm
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find, 1957 East 7th Street, Charlotte, NC
UPDATED – June 26, 2009
If you come across more, please post them in the comments for our consideration.
- NEW Official Con Report: Whoa Nellie, That Was Some Show
- Jason’s Comic Shelf: Reports (with photos) on Day Zero, Day the First, Day the Second, and Day the Third
- Publishers Weekly: Heroes Con Holds Steady in Tough Economy
- NEW HeroesOnline: Chuck Rozanski Con Report
- Ben Towle: Post-Heroes Con Wrap-up
- The Comics Reporter: Newsmaker Interview with Dustin Harbin
- AdHouse Books: HeroesConage
- NEW Liz Baillie (LiveJournal): Drink Coffee and DESTROY!
- Mind your P’s & Q’s: Convention Report: Heroes Con ’09 (lots and lots of sketches)
- Red Moon: HeroesCon 09 Report, PART 1
- Chris’s Invincible Super-Blog: After-Action Report: HeroesCon ’09
- Thought Balloonists: Heroes Con 2009: Qapla?
- Alec Longstreth: Heroes Con 2009!!!
- NEW Robot 6 (CBR): Katelyn Rae Rochelle earns first Ringo Scholarship Award
- ComicBook.com: HeroesCon Pre-Opening Pictures, More Costumed Pictures from HeroesCon!, Heroes Con Costume Wearers Share Their Identities With Us!, Top Female Costumes From HeroesCon Comic Book Convention
- Comic Related: Kicking off the Day in Charlotte!, Photo Flood 1, Photo Flood 2, Photo Flood 3, Photo Flood 4, HeroesCon Day 2, The Podcast Panel!, Photo Flood,
- CLT Blog: Heroes invade Uptown
- HeroesCon 2009 flickr Group Pool
- Official HeroesCon 09 flickr set
- Jeremy Dale’s flickr set
- Dean Trippe’s flickr set
- allaboutduncan: flickr set
- AdHouse Books: flickr set
- kivus: flickr set – Day 1, Day 2
- Nick Mizgala: flickr set
- Daisy’s Dead Air: a handful of photos
- NEW Robot 6 (CBR): Straight for the art – HeroesCon sketches
- Video: allaboutduncan (vimeo): Buzz Sketches Hawkman
- Video: Dollar Bin: Andy Runton Sketching at HeroesCon 2009