Comments Off on C2E2 Welcomes New Comics Publishers to 2013 Convention
C2E2 WELCOMES NEW COMICS PUBLISHERS TO ANNUAL POP CULTURE EVENT
First Time Exhibitors to Bring Brand-New Artists, Writers and Stories to Show!
Norwalk, CT, March 26, 2013: Officials at the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) have announced that there will be many new and fresh faces at the annual pop culture extravaganza this year. Several notable comics publishers will be exhibiting at the show for the first time. They will be joining other leading publishers, such as Marvel and DC Entertainment, who have helped to make C2E2 the preeminent pop culture event in the Midwest since its debut in 2010. Officials are projecting that exhibitor space at C2E2 will be approximately 25 percent larger than last year! A few of the creative and innovative new companies on hand this year will be Action Lab Entertainment, Athleta Comics and Lion Forge Comics. In addition, Reload Comics and 2000 AD/Rebellion will be at C2E2 for the first time promoting their widely popular properties and titles.
In addition to Marvel and DC, some other returning publishers include Anomaly Productions, Archaia, Avatar Press, Big Dog Ink, Boom! Studios, Dark Horse, Medallion Press, Quirk Books, Valiant Entertainment, Xigency Studios and Zenescope Entertainment. All these publishers will have new comic books and stories to reveal at C2E2 and they will have fresh, original artwork to display in their booths. DC Entertainment has provided the original poster art for this year’s show which features Superman in an iconic Chicago setting. The Marvel booth will be centrally located on the show floor where fans will have the opportunity to mix and mingle with creators and staff. Many of the publishers will also be participating in panels, providing show exclusives, and will be bringing their top talent to meet the thousands of fans on hand at C2E2.
As noted, C2E2 has quickly become the largest and most influential pop culture event in the Midwest. It attracted just over 27,000 fans when it was launched in 2010 and grew to over 41,000 fans last year. While it is impossible to project attendance for 2013, convention officials note that ticket sales are running between 85% – 95% ahead of the same time last year, virtually guaranteeing that this will be the most widely attended C2E2 to date. This year’s C2E2 will take place April 26 – 28 in the West Building at McCormick Place Convention Center.
“The fact that we have so many really cool first time publishers signing up for our show is the best news I could possibly be sharing,” notes Lance Fensterman, Global Vice President for ReedPOP and Show Manager for C2E2. “Presenting new original content and being able to provide fans an opportunity to meet artists and creators who they have never met before is the lifeblood of what we do! We want to provide a home where our new customers feel instantly happy and productive and where our fans come away feeling like they have ‘discovered’ something. I am hugely grateful to all the publishers who have decided to join us for the first time this year and I know our fans will do everything they can to make C2E2 a great experience for them.”
Examples of the various projects that some of these publishers will be promoting at C2E2 include:
- Action Lab Entertainment, publisher of the 2012 two-time Eisner nominated Princeless,will be at C2E2 to introduce their lineup of creator-owned comics. They will be presenting at the Diamond Retailer Summit and will talk about Jamal Igle’s Molly Danger, NFL Rush Zone, Jeremy Dale’s Skyward, Princeless, Vamplets: Nightmare Nursery, Pirate Eye and their new Mature Readers line called Action Lab: Danger Zone.
- Athleta Comics is owned by Israel Idonije, the longtime defensive player for the Chicago Bears. Mr. Idonije will be coming to C2E2 to promote his first comic project The Protectors. Idonije was inspired to create The Protectors when he had an idea for a superhero who would appeal to both comic book enthusiasts and die-hard sports fans. He has teamed up with the creative team of writer Ron Marz and artist Bart Sears and Idonije, Marz and Sears will be at the Athleta booth throughout the show and will participate in a panel!
- Lion Forge Comics will unveil its two latest publications on Saturday, April 27 at C2E2. Former Playboy 2011 Playmate of the Year has partnered with Lion Forge on the use of her image and story line for Wonderous: The Aventures of Claire Sinclair. Actor Flex Alexander has collaborated with Lion Forge on a cyber-thriller comic called The Joshua Run. Alexander notes: “I am very excited to be a part of C2E2 this year. This is big for me because I grew up a comic book fan and collector. I can’t wait for everyone to get into the world of The Joshua Run. It is going to be an amazing ride!”
- United Kingdom publisher Reload will be making their first U.S. convention appearance at C2E2. They will promote their flagship title, Jericho, which was created by Fwah Storm, self-described as a “musician, magician, poet, illustrator, a proud member of Reload Comics and so much more!” Storm notes that Reload will be bringing their books, merchandise and promotional material (along with some other goodies!) to C2E2.
- The staff at 2000 AD/Rebellion note: “After hearing such good things about C2E2, we knew exactly where we’d be spreading the 2000 AD Thrill-power! We’ll be promoting our North American line of collections – from classics such as Judge Dredd and Sláine the Barbarian, to more modern titles like Leviathan and Zombo – as well as bringing a few little British treats across for fans new and old! We’ll also have a great panel on the Friday evening at 7:45pm with several top names that will be very familiar to US audiences! We can’t wait to get to Chicago and introduce new readers to the amazing galaxy of characters from 2000 AD!”
Tickets for C2E2 are currently on sale at www.C2E2.com. Anyone interested in exhibiting at the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo should contact Larry Settembrini, Larry@ReedPOP.com. As noted, more guests and activities will be announced in the month ahead and fans should keep their eyes on C2E2’s website for additional comics and entertainment announcements.
ABOUT REEDPOP: ReedPOP is a boutique group within Reed Exhibitions which is exclusively devoted to organizing events, launching and acquiring new shows, and partnering with premium brands in the pop culture arena. ReedPOP is dedicated to producing celebrations of popular culture throughout the world that transcend ordinary events by providing unique access and dynamic personal experiences for consumers and fans. The ReedPOP portfolio includes: New York Comic Con (NYCC), Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2), Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) Prime & East, Star Wars Celebration, and the UFC Fan Expo. In 2013 ReedPOP will add Star Wars Celebration Europe and PAX Australia to its rapidly expanding portfolio of international events. The staff at ReedPOP is a fan based group of professionals producing shows for other fans, thus making them uniquely qualified to service those with whom they share a common passion. ReedPOP is focused on bringing its expertise and knowledge to world communities in North America, South America, Asia and Europe.
Comments Off on FL – Ancient Dreams Signing
Creator/writer JP Roth and artist Eric “EBAS” Basaldua (Zenescope) sign this Saturday, March 23, 2013 from noon until 7:00 pm at Heroes’ Haven. There will be CGC Certification on site! 50% OFF ALL Zenescope Entertainment Trades and “Ebas” Exclusive Giveaway!
Here’s more info on the special guests:
JP Roth is an artist, poet and mother of one. She has spent the greater majority of her life immersed in history, legends and fascinating cultures. She loves her son, good books, rhythmic languages, mythology and weaponry.
She has won poetry competitions in three continents and published her thesis. Also loves comic books, cosmetics, clothes and fast cars. ANCIENT DREAMS is an epic tale of blood lust, torment, passion, sacrifice and a love capable of destroying not only the gods themselves, but even the laws of space and time.
Eric Basaldua (known more commonly through his signature – EBAS) began his career at Top Cow Productions in 2000 under the direct tutelage of founder, Marc Silvestri. His early credits include Magdalena, Witchblade/Wolverine, and Tomb Raider.
He has attained notoriety through his works for Zenescope Comics and various cover art for several series within their line. Conducting all hand sketches using gray tones, Basaldua’s unique shading and anatomical display have become very recognizable. His sketch art and commissions have become more pronounced as he extends his professional footprint.
4339 Gunn Hwy, Tampa, FL 33618
Comments Off on Scene on the Web Weekly: November 16 – December 2, 2012
Lots more goodies for you this week with updates on the New Orleans Comic Con, MegaCon, and more.
Comments Off on Things Looking Grimm for Philadelphia Comic-Con in May 2011
It is the return of the Philadelphia Comic-Con on Sunday May 1st. The comic book convention is held at the Ramada Philadelphia Airport located at 76 Industrial Highway (Route 291) in Essington, PA 19029. The hotel is conveniently located between exits 8 and 9A off of I-95. It is also close to I-76, I-476 and most bridges from New Jersey. Show hours are 10 AM to 4 PM. Admission is only $3 per person. Students of any age are admitted free with a current id. Also admitted free are active military personnel and their families. Parking is also free on premises. For those of you that do not drive, Septa Bus Route 37 stops directly in front of the hotel.
It is quite a site to behold with 60 tables at the show in the 4,500 square foot ballroom of the hotel. Dealers from 6 states setup there selling, buying and even trading with collectors. Thousands and thousands of comic books from the 1940’s to present day will be for sale at the show. Also available will be collecting supplies, graphic novels, action figures, statues, non-sportcards, dvd’s and original artwork. The show has become a fan favorite for years with people travelling up to 3 hours just to shop at the show.
Special guest publisher this show is Zenescope Entertainment. A locally based outfit in Fort Washington, PA they have found international success with their comic books. Best known for “Grimm Fairy Tales” a modern take on old legends and “Charmed” which continues the adventures of the Halliwell sisters (Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan and Holly Marie Combs) from the now defunct tv show. They are producing a very limited edition variant cover comic book available for purchase at the show. This will be a special Philadelphia Comic-Con cover for Grimm Fairy Tales # 59 different then what would be found in your local comic shop. Only 250 copies are being produced making this one of the most limited modern day comic books in existence.
Any questions about the convention can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or we can be reached by phone at 856-217-5737. Fans can also check us out on the web at www.philadelphiacomic-con.com
Comments Off on Zenescope Hosts 5th Birthday Party/Masquerade Ball with Philadelphia Comic Con
The Ball will be held at the Field House at 1150 Filbert Street Center!
Zenescope Entertainment To Hold Birthday Bash & Masquerade Ball @ Wizard World Philadelphia Comic ConComic book and graphic novel publisher Zenescope Entertainment will host it’s 5th Birthday party as a Masquerade Ball on Saturday, June 12, at 8 p.m. as part of the evening programming during Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con. The Ball will be held at the Field House at 1150 Filbert Street Center. Admission is free, and is limited to patrons 21 and over.
Zenescope staff and guests, along with Wizard Magazine, ToyFare Magazine and Wizard World personnel will mingle with attendees. The first 50 people to show up in costume will get a swag bag full of exclusives and other items. Costumes, while encouraged, are not required for admission.
The night will also be filled with DJ and dancing, drink specials, celebrity appearances, crazy contests and the crowning of the “King and Queen of the Con.” The event is sponsored by Carr Miller Entertainment, Zenescope Entertainment, Shocker Toys, The Suicide Girls, Bad Kids Go To Hell and Wizard Entertainment.
The 10th Annual Philadelphia Comic Con is set for June 11-13 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
Zenescope Entertainment’s 5th Birthday Bash!
Sponsored by Carr Miller Entertainment and Wizard Entertainment
We’re celebrating our 5th birthday at Field House located at 1150 Filbert Street, Center City Philadelphia on Saturday, June 12th courtesy of Carr Miller Entertainment and Wizard Universe.
The party coincides with the city’s biggest Pop Culture and Comic Book convention of the year Wizard World Philadelphia where Zenescope will be in attendance all weekend long at booth #303.
The celebrity guest list includes: Christopher Knight (My Fair Brady, The Surreal Life) and Adrienne Curry (America’s Next Top Model, My Fair Brady), Jake Busey (Enemy of the State, Starship Troopers) Virginia Hey (Farscape), Clare Kramer (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and more!
Admission is FREE to anyone 21 and over and includes drink specials from 8pm-1am so come join Zenescope and celebrate the 5th anniversary in style.
WE’LL SEE YOU THERE!!
Wizard World Philadelphia starts today.
Paolo Rivera will only be accepting watercolor headsketches.
According to Metal Underground, Terminal Press will be at booth #1000 with an exclusive “DIMMU BORGIR: Dark Fortress” preview book.
Zenescope will have some special cover editions.
According to Icon ss. Icon, UFC star Matt Serra will be there.
Action Figure Insider notes that Shocker Toys will have a Sam Keith’s MTV The Maxx Exclusive.
Toymakers The Four Horsemen have released their schedule.
Brad Guigar will be there with some new books.
Ian Glaubinger in artist alley at booth #88A.
Artist Daphne Lage and writer JD Calderon with trades, toys, sketches, and more.
Dan Moser will have a preview of Chaotic Soldiers.
- @VisionaryComics Good morning all! The adventure begins! Follow us all weekend for news from WW Philly!
- @HBComics Heading to Philadelphia for Wizard World!!!!! We’ll be at Table 115 in Artist Alley all weekend…see you there!
- @JailbreakToys Wizard World Special for Jailbreak Toys: ï»¿ Our final deal for the Wizard World in Philadelphia http://tinyurl.com/ldwoks
- @Kaliqo Jerry Lawler and “Headlocked” writer/creator Mike Kingston will appear at the Wizard World Philadelphia convention June 19-21
- @actordougjones Appearing at Wizard World Philadelphia this Sat/Sun, June 20 & 21. Come share the love! Info: http://tinyurl.com/bpxczq
- @WizardWorld ANNUAL WIZARD WORLD PHILADELPHIA FRIDAY NIGHT OFFICIAL AFTER PARTY $5 admission, tickets at door www.wizardworld.com #WWP
Keep up with our Wizard World Philadelphia stories by following our tag: http://www.conventionscene.com/tag/wizard-world-philadelphia/