WWE® Superstar John Cena® To Appear Thursday, August 9 At 2012 Wizard World Chicago Comic Con
Cena Appears on Opening Day from 4-8 p.m. at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois
NEW YORK and ROSEMONT, Ill., June 13, 2012 – WWE® Superstar John Cena® will appear as a special guest on Thursday, August 9, Opening Day at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, it was announced today by Wizard World. Cena will be on hand at the event from 4-8 p.m., and will meet fans, sign autographs and pose for professional photo ops.
Cena’s appearance kicks off an expanded, full four-day Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, August 9-12, in what is shaping up as the biggest Wizard World show ever and the Midwest’s No. 1 Pop Culture Convention.
One of the most popular WWE Superstars since his debut in 2002, Cena combines his athleticism, charisma, strong work ethic and genuine personality to make him one of the brightest stars in WWE and its hit cable program, Monday Night RAW on the USA Network.
“I am looking forward to meeting the enthusiastic fans at my first Wizard World event,” said Cena. “I have heard a lot about the charged-up atmosphere, and I can’t wait to experience it for myself.”
A powerful marketing force with outsized personality and charm, Cena has had numerous Hollywood roles, including The Marine, 12 Rounds, Legendary, The Reunion and Nickelodeon’s teen comedy trilogy Fred: The Movie.
“We are excited to welcome WWE Superstar John Cena to the Wizard World family to help us kick off our longest-running and largest show, Wizard World Chicago Comic Con,” said John Macaluso, CEO, Wizard World. “His addition continues our commitment to providing fans with an outstanding experience.”
The announcement follows the hugely successful Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con event which featured WWE® Superstar CM Punk®, all five “Star Trek” captains and one of Hollywood’s fastest-risers, Chris Hemsworth (Thor, The Avengers), earlier this month.
WWE® Superstar John Cena® VIP Experience @ Chicago Comic Con Tickets are available athttp://wizardworld.ticketleap.
For more on the 2012 Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/
About Wizard World:
Wizard World produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.
The full event schedule can be found at www.wizardworld.com.
***** SAVE THE 2012-13 DATES *****
August 9-12, 2012 – Wizard World Chicago Comic Con
September 29-30, 2012 – Wizard World Ohio Comic Con
October 26-28, 2012 – Wizard World Austin Comic Con
November 30 – December 2, 2012 – Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con
TBD, 2013 – Wizard World Toronto Comic Con
May 30 – June 2, 2013 – Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con
“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan signs at Books & Books on Monday April 2, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Offering professional wrestling fans a ringside seat into his adventurous life, WWE Hall of Fame wrestler Jim Duggan recounts for the first time key moments and legendary bouts both inside and outside the ring in Hacksaw: The Jim Duggan Story (Triumph, $19.95). Known to millions of enthusiasts as a charismatic patriot — with an American flag in his right hand and his signature two-by-four in his left — Duggan shares how an injury-plagued NFL rookie season curtailed his football ambitions and paved the way for a brighter career in professional wrestling. Rising to fame in the Cold War–era 1980s, Duggan engaged in legendary feuds with some of the biggest names in wrestling, including the Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, and Andre the Giant. Duggan also reflects on his fight against kidney cancer during the prime of his career. With each page peppered with Duggan’s charming wit, fans will find much to enjoy and discover about the man they once knew only as “Hacksaw.”
Books & Books
265 Aragon Ave, Coral Gables, FL 33134
Mattel Offers Ultimate Fan Experience at 2011 San Diego Comic-Con
Hot New Entertainment Collectibles, Captivating Product Innovation And Special Events Happening At Mattel Booth # 3029, July 21-24
SAN DIEGO–Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT) offers the San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) fan community unparalleled collectible toys, interactive fan panels and engaging events at booth #3029. With new offerings from classic brands to the hottest entertainment properties, Mattel’s meticulously crafted lineup of exclusives offers something for fans and collectors of all ages.
“Comic-Con is about celebrating pop and entertainment culture, and for us our special role within it is something that we value,” said Doug Wadleigh, Senior Vice President Global Entertainment, Mattel. “We know what is important to our fans and understand the role we play, and that fans look to us to create brands with engaging storylines, and creating the most realistic and authentic collectibles. This year is no exception and the line-up is sure to be a fan hit.”
Mattel introduces unparalleled innovation this year as well as new entertainment collectables exclusively at SDCC. With the best design team in the industry, Mattel offers fans highly detailed and articulated figures that are perfect for any collection.
- Ghostbusters™ Stay Puft Marshmallow Man – Stay Puft is back and bigger than ever, standing at more than 20 tall! The squishy villain is made from soft foam and features articulation at the arms, head and legs. A huge New York City diorama is included in the packaging.
- Voltron® Blazing Sword Voltron – Check out the first ever seven-inch scale Voltron action figure from Mattel! Completely authentic to the original series, he’s highly poseable with 22 points of articulation and can transform into different action poses.
- DC Universe Swamp Thing – This fan-demanded character is available for the first time in the DC Universe and is the first ever Mattel DC Universe character to feature endoskeleton articulation! Vowing to protect the environment and his swamp home, Swamp Thing comes in a paper pulp mold of a Swamp Thing head that houses Swamp Thing himself!
Additional Mattel Comic-Con Sale Items:
Mattel offers the most sought after collectibles on the planet designed by passionate people dedicated to making the most realistic toys available. And this year packaging continues to be part of the experience encompassing some great surprises and storytelling for fans!
Masters of the Universe®:
- Masters of the Universe® Classics Queen Marlena™ Figure – The good queen of Eternia® is finally here to complete the Eternos Royal Family. Marlena includes her royal green dress, scepter and sword, plus an interchangeable space helmet head and blaster weapon to transform her back into her fighting days as Captain Glenn™.
- Masters of the Universe® Polly Pocket™ Collection — Polly™ and her friends are dressed as their Masters of the Universe® alter egos to battle out nasty nemesis’s mean ways! Polly, dressed as She-Ra™, and Kerstie®, dressed as Frosta™, are ready to take on Crissy® as the villain Catra™.
- Hot Wheels® Back to the Future™ Time Machine – Doc Brown himself would approve of this exclusive from the classic Back to the Future film. The special collector car comes encased in radiation resistant-inspired packaging all set for flux capacitor insertion.
- Hot Wheels® Franken Berry™ Vehicle — A classic Franken Berry™ cereal box with a Hot Wheels® Dairy Delivery® vehicle inside will take fans back to being a kid and watching Saturday morning cartoons. Shake the box and hear that awesome cereal sound coming from inside.
- Green Lantern Kilowog – Standing at nearly eight-inches tall, this is Mattel’s biggest, boldest Kilowog to date! Sculpted directly from the digital files provided by the movie makers, this fully articulated figure is in scale with six-inch Movie Masters® figures sold at retail.
- Carol Ferris Barbie® Doll — Landing in special action figure-inspired packaging, it’s Barbie® doll as Carol Ferris, lifelong friend and childhood sweetheart of Green Lantern hero Hal Jordan. Sculpted in the likeness of Carol Ferris from the feature film Green Lantern, she also features a fully articulated body and flight suit.
Other exclusives include:
- Young Justice Superboy in Cloning Chamber – This show-accurate figure recreates the scene from the pilot episode when Robin, Aqualad, and Kid Flash discover the mysterious Project Kr, where The Light has commissioned “The Weapon.” Using Superman’s DNA – without his knowledge or consent – Cadmus has force-grown the Superboy, using telepathic Genomorph-Gnomes to make a virtual slave of Superman’s son. The cloning tank includes Superboy plus three telepathic Genomorph-Gnomes, and with the press of a button, the inside of the cloning tank lights emitting a blue glow.
- Monster High™ Ghoulia Yelps™ Doll – Being that Ghoulia Yelps™ is the smartest ghoul in school, naturally she’s a comic book fan. Ghoulia is on her way to NekroCon dressed as her favorite zombie super hero, Dead Fast™. She comes with a miniature Dead Fast™ action figure and a Dead Fast™ fan fic book that she wrote and illustrated herself.
Mattel Fan Activities & Autograph Signings:
Fanboys and fangirls seeking an up close and personal experience with some of the biggest names in entertainment and comic-culture will enjoy Mattel’s robust schedule of panels, autograph signings and activities. Mattel’s marquee “Mattypalooza” panel on Friday July 22nd will have multiple breaking news reveals and hot collector club details for 2012 including Club Eternia®, Club Ecto-1 and the all-new Club Lion Force for Voltron.
- WWE® – Rey Mysterio®, Bret Hart™, Kane®, Kelly Kelly®, Cody Rhodes®, and Alicia Fox™
- Four Horsemen – Jim Preziosi and Eric Treadaway
- The mad scientists behind Monster High™
- Surprise signings TBD!
Mattel FANatic Activities
Freaky-Fab New Monster High™ Video Game!
- Mattel and THQ team up to bring SDCC fans an exclusive first look at the Monster High™ Ghoul Spirit™ video game, set to be released on October 11. Socialize with the Monster High™ student body as you engage in special assignments and explore the open-world setting of Monster High™. Build relationships, establish BFFs and get good grades to become the ultimate “ghoul” in school. Just like real high school, challenges are everywhere so players must stay scary smart to get ahead and reach the ultimate goal of being crowned Scream Queen at the “Terror Under the Sea” Dance. Be the first to play live demos every day of the show!
Thursday July 21:
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM: WWE® and Mattel: Past, Present and Future! - Room 24ABC
- Mattel discusses its evolved collector communications and how for the very first time is allowing WWE fans to directly influence product offerings. Hear from some of the top WWE Superstars of all time as they discuss the storied past, exciting present, and promising future of the company and how it’s all celebrated in Mattel’s action figure toy line! Join WWE Legend Bret Hart and WWE Superstars Triple H® and Rey Mysterio, Mattel toy designers Bill Miekina and Derek Handy, and Mattel WWE brand manager Enrique Ruvalcaba for an action-packed Q&A!
6:00PM – 7:00 PM: Voltron - Indigo Ballroom at the Bayfront Hilton
- An in depth panel giving both classic fans and fans of the newly launched series exciting previews and up-to-date news on everything Voltron. This interactive discussion will feature Mattel entertainment brands designers Steed Sun and Brandon Sopinsky who will go over new Voltron additions for this year and beyond as well as soon to be announced celebrity guests.
Friday July 22:
1:00 PM – 2:00PM: Mattypalooza - Room 25ABC
- Mattel Presents: Mattypalooza 2011 – Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghostbusters™, Voltron and more! This SDCC staple is a must for every Matty fan and will feature five not-to be missed announcements regarding the 30th anniversary of Masters of the Universe! As a bonus, exclusive details regarding popular Matty Collector clubs will be announced and Matty, the original Mattel collector, may even make a live appearance as well!
3:00PM – 4:00PM: Mattel and DC Comics – A Heroic Partnership - Room 4
- Find out the latest and greatest on Mattel’s popular DC toy lines, where panelists will discuss the latest news, sneak peaks and behind-the-scenes scoop on fan favorite Mattel/DC action figures, including DC Universe Classics, Young Justice, Action League® and more! Plus, be here for an exciting look at all-new 2012 product!
For the most current listing of events please visit www.mattycollector.com.
Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT – News) (www.mattel.com) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, American Girl®, Radica® and Tyco® R/C, as well as Fisher-Price® brands, including Little People®, Power Wheels® and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2011, Mattel was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the fourth year in a row, and also is ranked among Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens.” With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs approximately 30,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are “Creating the Future of Play.”
Come meet WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio as he signs autographs at Comic Con at the Mattel booth (#2945, #3029) located at the San Diego Convention Center located at 111 W. Harbor Drive in San Diego, CA 92101 on July 21, 2011 1-2:00 p.m.
Come meet WWE Superstars Kane and Kelly Kelly as they sign autographs at the Mattel booth (#2945, #3029) at Comic Con on July 22, 2011 from 11-12:00 p.m. at the San Diego Convention Center located at 111 W. Harbor Drive in San Diego, CA 92101.
Come meet WWE Superstars Cody Rhodes and Alicia Fox as they sign autographs at the Mattel booth (#2945, #3029) at Comic Con from 11-12:00 p.m. at San Diego Convention Center located at111 W. Harbor Drive in San Diego, CA 92101.
Daisy Berkowitz, Conor McCullagh and more sign on Saturday May 7.201 for Free Comic Book Day!
Daisy Berkowitz – Co-founder and original guitarist of the band Marilyn Manson. Daisy Berkowitz, Master of the Quija Board, will be on hand from 11:00AM throughout the day to sign, take pictures with fans and teach and play.
Conor McCullagh - Winner of the SyFy Channel reality TV series FACE OFF will be signing and meeting fans from 11am and through out the day.
2007 WWE Hall of Famer Afa the Wild Samoan! Pro wrestling legend, multiple-time Tag Team Champion with his brother Sika. Afa runs WXW Wrestling, the Wild Samoan Pro-Wrestling Training Center, and Usos- The Samoan Family Foundation.
Vale Anoa’i – Daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Afa the Wild Samoan, part of the infamous Wild Samoans Tag-Team. Vale is a quadruple threat: author, actress, bellydancer and professional wrestling royalty. She is author of the books Reflections From The Other World—The Complete Poems of Scarlett Vain 2000-2007, Hidden Memories, Return To The Other World—Short Stories and Poems, and The Sinwell-Tierney Asylum. She will have copies of her books and 8×10 photos on hand and for sale.
Larry Jarrell Jr., Jay Williams and Amy Vitale - From What The Flux?! Comics in-store with their titles Red Angel and Nano Sword from 11:00AM throughout the day to sign for fans.
Action Games & Comics
305D North Highway 27, Minneola, FL. 34715
Meet Chris Jericho, and get a copy of his book Undisputed signed. This is a wristband event, so come early to get your place in line. Wristbands will be given out starting at 2:00 pm.
Friday February 25, 2011 7:00 PM
Barnes & Noble – Carrollwood
11802 N. Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, FL 33618
Chris Jericho, WWE wrestling star, signs copies of Undisputed on February 17th at 7pm.
Boston University Bookstore
660 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02215-2066
2/15/11 7:00 PM at BookEnds – 211 East Ridgewood Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ 07450
2/16/11 Noon at Borders Books – 100 Broadway, New York, NY 10005
2/16/11 7:00 PM at Book Revue – 313 New York Avenue, Huntington, NY 11743
2/19/11 2:00 PM at Barnes & Noble – Tysons Corner Mall, 1961 Chain Bridge Rd McLean, VA 22102
2/22/11 7:00 PM at Borders Books – 3700 Torrance Blvd, Torrance, CA 90503
2/25/11 7:00 PM at Barnes & Noble – 213 N Dale Mabry Tampa, FL 33609
2/26/11 3:00 PM at Borders Books – 600 North Orlando Avenue Winter Park, FL 32789
Mick Foley, WWE wrestling superstar, is on a signing tour for his new book, Countdown To Lockdown
10/1/10 Noon at Borders Books – Broadway. New York, NY.
10/1/10 7:00 PM at Book Revue – 313 New York Avenue, Huntington, NY 11743
10/2/10 11:00 AM at BookEnds – 211 E. Ridgewood Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ 07450
10/2/10 4:00 PM at Borders Books – 290 Commons Way, Bridgewater Township, NJ 08807
10/3/10 2:00 PM at the Ocean County Library – 101 Washington Street, Toms River, NJ 08753
10/4/10 7:00 PM at the Portsmouth Public Library – 175 Parrott Ave, Portsmouth, NH 03801
10/5/10 7:00 PM at the Boston University Bookstore – 660 Beacon Street Boston, MA 02215-2066
10/13/10 7:00 PM at Barnes & Noble – 2418 E Colonial Drive Orlando, FL 32803
WWE superstar Mick Foley signs his new book on October 01, 2010 at noon.
Raw, dynamic, and unabashedly honest, COUNTDOWN TO LOCKDOWN charts Foley’s wrestling rebirth, and rise to heights that his fans thought he would never see again.
100 Broadway, New York, NY 10005