Marvel Entertainment has released their panel and booth signing schedule for Comic Con International in San Diego. Highlights include Stan Lee, director Joss Whedon, Hayley Atwell, the cast and crew of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Agent Coulson himself, Clark Gregg! Plus many writers and artists from the House of Ideas such as Brian Michael Bendis, Joe Quesada, John Romita Jr, Sara Pichelli, Mark Brooks, Jeph Loeb, and more!
Writer Ed Brubaker appears at Berkeley Pubic Library on Monday July 1st, 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
After creating award-winning stories for characters like Batman, Daredevil, and Catwoman, Ed Brubaker has returned to his noir roots with the genre-busting horror mash-up Fatale! The Berkeley Public Library is thrilled to welcome Brubaker for a conversation about his illustrious career, independent publishing, and what it’s like to be known as the man who killed Captain America!
Berkeley Pubic Library – Central Branch
2090 Kittredge at Shattuck, Berkeley, CA 94704
The Greater Cleveland Film Commission has posted a casting call for extras for the upcoming Marvel film Captain America: The Winter Soldier:
MARVEL FEATURE FILM CASTING CALL
- PAID extras for Cleveland scenes filming April & May 2013
- Casting call Friday April 19th & Saturday April 20th
- 10am-3pm NO EARLY LINE-UPS PLS!
- Ages 18 & over only. If your children 9 & over are interested in being extras parents please bring CURRENT, casual snapshot.
- NO minors at casting call please!
- Please bring a pen for application, photos will be taken at no charge! (Business attire preferred, please be well groomed for picture!)
Metro Campus Cuyahoga Community College Bldg. UTC/Room 229 2415 Woodland Ave. Cleveland 44115
**NO phone calls please!**
Thank you! Looking forward to seeing you all & having you be apart of filming!
~ Maryellen Aviano
Marvel Casting Coordinator
Adam Hughes, Brian Stelfreeze, Tony Harris, Jason Latour, Cully Hamner, Francesco Francavilla, and many more sign at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find on Saturday May 4, 2013 for Free Comic Book Day!
Free Comic Book Day 2013 @ Heroes is going to be our biggest and best yet! Come out on May 4th to meet more great comic creators than we have ever had at this fun annual event! Also, it says it right there in the name but in case you missed it, there will be lots of FREE COMICS to choose from too! Check out our awesome guest list and save the date!
- CHRIS BRUNNER – Artist: Loose Ends, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, The Ride
- IAN FLYNN – Writer: Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man
- FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA – Writer/Artist: Black Beetle Artist: Captain America & Black Widow, Detective Comics
- SANFORD GREENE – Artist: Rotten Apple, Deadpool, Wonder Girl, Method Man GN
- CULLY HAMNER – Artist: Red, The Question, Detective Comics, Black Lightning
- JOHN HAIRSTON JR. – Painter
- DUSTIN HARBIN – Writer/Artist: DIARY COMICS, Nutted!, DHARBIN!
- TONY HARRIS – Artist: JSA: Whistling Skull, Ex Machina, Starman, War Heroes
- ADAM HUGHES – Artist: Before Watchmen: Doctor Manhattan, Fairest, Wonder Woman, Catwoman
- JUSTIN JORDAN – Writer: Legend of Luther Strode, Superboy, Deathstroke, Green Lantern: New Guardians
- JASON LATOUR – Writer: Winter Soldier, Loose Ends,Wolverine: Japan’s Most Wanted Artist: B.P.R.D., Django Unchained
- JACKIE LEWIS – Artist: Play Ball
- TRADD MOORE – Artist: Legend of Luther Strode, Legends of the Dark Knight
- ERAKLIS PETMEZAS – Writer/Artist: Last Cigarette
- JAY POTTS – Writer/Artist: World of Hurt
- RIDDLE – Cosplayer
- BUDD ROOT – Writer/Artist: Cavewoman
- ANDY SMITH – Artist: The First, Weapon X, Green Lantern, WWE Heroes, Flex and Tone
- BRIAN STELFREEZE – Artist: Domino, Matador, Batman: Shadow of the Bat
NOTE that free sketches are at the discretion of the artists, and are not guaranteed. So, mark that date on your calendar folks! Get here early on Saturday, May 4th at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find will be a great time and you won’t want to miss it!
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find
1957 E. 7th Street, Charlotte, NC 28204
Ed Brubaker signs at Beach Ball Comics on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 from 5:00 – 7:00 pm! He’ll be there to sign Fatale, the new Deluxe HC Edition of his long out-of-print SCENE OF THE CRIME and all the other great works that have made him a favorite here! Ed joins Duffy Boudreau (BlackAcre) and Kel Symons (I Love Trouble) as they launch their brand new Image titles!
Ed Brubaker, Josh Fialkov, Kyle Higgins, Jim McCann, Rodin Esquejo, and Sonia Oback sign in Canoga Park from noon to 3pm and Steve Niles, Gabriel Hardman, Corinna Bechko, Matt Whitlock, and Shane & Chris Houghton sign from 2:00 – 5:00pm in Pasadena on Saturday May 5, 2012 for Free Comic Book Day!
319 S. Arroyo Parkway #4, Pasadena, CA 91105
7131 Winnetka Ave, Canoga Park, CA 91306
Ed Brubaker signs at Meltdown Comics on Tuesday April 3, 2012 at 8:00 pm!
On Tuesday, April 3rd, Marvel will be releasing the first issue of their epic crossover, Avengers Vs. X-Men. Meltdown Comics will celebrate the release with an event featuring writer Ed Brubaker. Brubaker will be at Meltdown to hang out, chat, and sign copies of Issue #1 for customers. There will also be eighteen limited edition West Coast Avengers NEW ERA CAPS available for purchase, exclusive to Meltdown Comics!
Ed Brubaker is the prolific author of Marvel’s current Captain America series and its spinoff, Winter Soldier. He has also written several creator-owned series under Marvel’s Icon imprint, including Criminal, Sleeper, and Incognito. Brubaker will join Matt Fraction, Jonathan Hickman, Brian Michael Bendis, and Jason Aaron in writing issues of the AvX crossover, which is scheduled to span twelve Marvelous Marvel Comics issues.
Don’t miss this opportunity to meet one of the comic book industries best writers! Get your AvX on at Meltdown at 8pm, April 3rd. This event is free to attend.
7522 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046