If you have’t already made arrangements for Comic-Con International: San Diego (and have $10,000 you can spare), you can be one of three fans to purchase the “Meet Geoff Johns and Gary Frank” package from the DC Entertainment: We Can Be Heroes Indiegogo campaign.
The package includes 2 badges to the convention, airfare and hotel, a group lunch with Johns and Frank, 2 invites to the VIP DC event, a Jim Lee t-shirt, and a Gary Frank lithograph. The tax-deductible amount of the package is $3,841.
There are 40 days left in the campaign, and as I am writing this, none of the 3 Johns and Frank packages have been claimed.
DC ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES ACTION-PACKED TAKEOVER OF NEW YORK COMIC CON
Major initiatives take spotlight at pop culture and comic book mega-event:
Cast of Warner Bros. Television’s ARROW to appear in DC Entertainment booth
Revelations from hit comic saga BATMAN: DEATH OF THE FAMILY
SUPERMAN, BATMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE news
Spotlight on Vertigo’s THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO graphic novel
Exclusive comics, collectibles and more
BURBANK, Calif. (October 5, 2012) – DC Entertainment – the industry leader in print and digital comics – will raise fan excitement to record-breaking levels with a number of announcements, creator signings, panels and celebrity appearances at New York Comic-Con. The impressive lineup of DC Entertainment activities takes place October 11-14 and cements New York Comic-Con’s position as one of the can’t-miss pop culture events of the year.
Stephen Amell – star of The CW’s highly-anticipated ARROW – will be on hand, along with an unprecedented lineup of comic book talent to give fans and attendees exclusive insight into DC Entertainment’s best-selling titles and iconic characters.
DC Entertainment will also debut its new, fully interactive booth experience at New York Comic-Con. First revealed at San Diego Comic-Con earlier this year, the state-of-the-art booth includes a demo area where fans can experience digital comic book reading on the iPad, Nook and Kindle and a green screen that will allow attendees to pose next to some of their favorite Super-Villains. Fans will also be able to purchase exclusive merchandise at the DC Entertainment booth for the first time, including top titles and a wide selection of DC Collectibles product.
DC Entertainment can be found at booth #1238. Here are some of the major stories fans can look forward to hearing about at the show – plus much more:
- Following the historic, nationwide debut of “Arrow Day,” superstar comic book writer and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns joins the cast and creators of ARROW for an exclusive panel to provide new insights into the new television series on Sunday at 11 a.m. in the IGN Theater.
- Con-goers and panel attendees will be treated to major, game-changing news announcements affecting the Man of Steel and the entire SUPERMAN family of titles.
- Fans will also be treated to key revelations and jaw-dropping, beautiful art from the best-selling BATMAN: DEATH OF THE FAMILY event courtesy of writer Scott Snyder, artist Greg Capullo and an all-star cast of talent.
- DC Entertainment will announce details on a new and unique partnership in support of WE CAN BE HEROES.
- The literary event of the season will be a major point of interest, as the gritty graphic novel adaptation of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO speeds toward its November release.
- Clues surround the next chapter in the epic GREEN LANTERN comic book saga, as fans will get hints at what’s coming their way in the pages of the RISE OF THE THIRD ARMY crossover event.
- Vertigo fans will get a heavy dose of their favorite titles – along with some groundbreaking new additions, including SANDMAN, DJANGO UNCHAINED, GHOSTS and FABLES: WEREWOLVES OF THE HEARTLAND and more.
- MAD Magazine’s “Usual Gang of Idiots” will be on hand to discuss the arrival of Totally MAD, a hardcover book celebrating 60 years of the magazine’s sharp satire and biting parody. Fans will also have the chance to subscribe to MAD Magazine in the DC Entertainment booth.
- Can’t make the Con? DC Entertainment’s website is the go-to place for exclusive announcements, creator access and artwork reveals and more. Visit the page at Con Away From Con page.
DC Entertainment’s New York Comic-Con 2012 panel schedule includes:
Thursday, October 11:
- 5:00-6:00pm – DC Collectibles
- 6:30-7:30pm – DC Comics – THE NEW 52: Superman
Friday, October 12:
- 10:15-11:00am – DC Entertainment: Talent Search
- 12:30-1:30pm – DC Entertainment: From Concept to Page
- 1:30-2:30pm – Vertigo: A View from the Cutting Edge of Comics
- 2:45-3:45pm – DC Comics: Green Lantern – The Third Army Arrives
- 4:15-5:15pm – DC Comics All Access: Before Watchmen
Saturday, October 13:
- 11:00am-12:00pm – DC Entertainment: Talent Search
- 12:15pm-1:15pm – Mad about MAD
- 1:30-2:30pm – DC Comics – THE NEW 52
- 4:00-5:00pm – Vertigo – Fables: 10th Anniversary!
- 5:15-6:15pm – DC Comics: Justice League
Sunday, October 14:
- 11:00am-12:00pm – DC Entertainment: Meet the Co-Publishers
- 12:15pm-1:15pm – DC Comics: Batman – Death Comes to Gotham
- 2:30-3:30pm – Drawing DC: Kids Edition
From executive producers Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville), hard-hitting action TV series Arrow reinvents the DC Comics hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and a very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime. The series stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice), Colin Donnell (Pan Am), Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), David Ramsey (Dexter), Willa Holland (The O.C.) with Susanna Thompson (Dragonfly) and Paul Blackthorne (The River). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Arrow will air Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW this fall.
About DC Entertainment:
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world. In January 2012, DC Entertainment, in collaboration with Warner Bros. and Time Warner divisions, launched We Can Be Heroes—a giving campaign featuring the iconic Justice League super heroes—to raise awareness and funds to fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.
Kia and DC Presenting 8 Justice League-Themed Vehicles at NYCC 2012, SDCC 2013, and WonderCon 2013 to Benefit “We Can Be Heroes”
Comments Off on Kia and DC Presenting 8 Justice League-Themed Vehicles at NYCC 2012, SDCC 2013, and WonderCon 2013 to Benefit “We Can Be Heroes”
KIA MOTORS AND DC ENTERTAINMENT BAND TOGETHER TO CREATE A FLEET OF JUSTICE LEAGUE-INSPIRED VEHICLES FOR HUNGER-RELIEF EFFORT
Legendary Comic Artist Jim Lee is Overseeing the Creative Direction of Eight Individually Customized and Characterized Superhero Vehicles to be Unveiled at Major Events Around the Country Over the Next Ten Months
- Batman-themed Optima will be first to be unveiled the same week as New York Comic-Con on October 10
- As part of the partnership, Kia is teaming up with DC Entertainment’s “We Can Be Heroes” campaign to help fight hunger in the Horn of Africa
IRVINE, Calif., Oct 3, 2012 – Kia Motors America (KMA), one of the fastest-growing car companies in the U.S has joined forces with renowned comic book publisher DC Entertainment, to bring the World’s Greatest Super Heroes to life by combining automotive styling with comic book art. The partnership, which will yield eight individually customized vehicles, harnesses the talents of legendary comic book artist and DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee, who has collaborated on the design of each car with his vision for each iconic member of DC Comics’ Justice League.
Each core member of the Justice League line-up – Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg – has been matched to a Kia vehicle based on key attributes and character traits to create custom, one-of-a-kind rides to be unveiled over the next ten months at major auto shows and comic conventions across the U.S.
The Kia-DC Entertainment partnership will yield a total of eight vehicles timed to be unveiled around five major events around the U.S., including New York Comic-Con, SEMA Show in Las Vegas, North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, Wonder-Con and San Diego Comic-Con. Many of Kia’s most recognizable and decorated models – the Optima, Soul, Sorento, Sportage, Rio and Forte will wear the iconic colors and marks of the legendary Justice League Super Heroes and be built by West Coast Customs, RIDES magazine, Import Tuner magazine and others.
“Kia and DC Entertainment are both global brands sharing a youthful and creative mindset, and both serve to inspire and exhilarate their respective fan bases.” said Michael Sprague, executive vice president, marketing & communications, KMA. “This partnership will allow us to band these two great brands together in an effort to make the world a better place through the ‘We Can Be Heroes’ campaign. And with Jim Lee’s vision combined with the efforts of some of the best customizing shops in the business, it’s going to be a lot of fun unveiling these cars around the country.”
The partnership between KMA and DC Entertainment was conceived to benefit “We Can Be Heroes” (www.WeCanBeHeroes.org), a giving campaign, dedicated to helping fight hunger in the Horn of Africa and inspired by the heroism of the iconic Justice League characters. “We Can Be Heroes” encourages everyday people to join the fight by getting involved and donating to bring help and hope to the people most affected by the hunger crisis. Each vehicle will feature a customized piece of Lee’s specially-designed artwork to be auctioned at the conclusion of the program with all net proceeds going to the “We Can Be Heroes” program. In addition to the seven vehicles inspired by the individual superhero characters, the Kia-DC Entertainment partnership will culminate with a fully-drivable custom car that encompasses each member of the Justice League that will be auctioned off to raise money for the cause. Kia will help to raise awareness for the “We Can Be Heroes” campaign throughout the partnership through customized “We Can Be Heroes” license plates, signage, collateral materials and in-vehicle video displays.
“DC Entertainment is pleased to be partnering with Kia on this program to help raise awareness and funds for the devastating hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa,” said Amit Desai, SVP of franchise management, DC Entertainment. “Each of the iconic members of the Justice League is a superhero in his or her own right, but when they band together as the Justice League, they become an unstoppable force for good and right. The Justice League reminds us that when we combine our efforts with others, we can create a world of change. And that we can do all that and more with style and panache. The Justice League characters look amazing on some of Kia’s best-looking and technologically-advanced vehicles.”
To learn more about “We Can Be Heroes” and ways to get involved, visit www.WeCanBeHeroes.org.
We’re excited to announce that We Can Be Heroes is launching its text 2 give effort at this weekend’s WonderCon 2012 in Anaheim. Fans at WonderCon and beyond will have multiple opportunities to donate to the campaign by texting “HEROES” to 80888 to contribute crucially needed funds directly from their phones. DC Entertainment will match all donations 100%.
With panels throughout all three days and lots of activities at the DC Entertainment booth on the show floor, there will be plenty of great opportunities for Heroes fans to support the campaign.
If you are attending WonderCon, check out the green screen photo booth where you can pose with the Jim Lee-designed We Can Be Heroes campaign backdrop. It’s a great way to not only show off that you’re a fan of Justice League but that you too have made the choice to be a hero to the people of the Horn of Africa. And please be sure to visit us at the following DC Comics panel discussions to possibly win a signed poster:
- Friday at 1pm: DC Comics: All Access
- Saturday at 1pm: DC Comics: The New 52
- Sunday at 2pm: DCE: Meet the Publishers
You can also win exclusive We Can Be Heroes products including campaign posters signed by Jim Lee and Geoff Johns. Be sure to stay tuned to the DC Comics Twitter profile and Facebook page throughout WonderCon for your opportunity to win.
We’re hoping you will join us at WonderCon for a great couple of days of talking about comics. And we’re hoping you will join us in becoming a hero to those in the Horn in Africa who are in such dire need.
About We Can Be Heroes
We Can Be Heroes (www.WeCanBeHeroes.org) is a giving campaign designed to raise awareness and funds for the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa. Using the iconic Justice League characters from DC Entertainment, We Can Be Heroes aims to raise substantial funds for three humanitarian aid organizations working in Africa: Save the Children, International Rescue Committee, and Mercy Corps. DC Entertainment will match donations up to $1 million in total donations, and 50% of the purchase price from We Can Be Heroes products will go directly to saving lives. Learn more, donate and get involved at www.WeCanBeHeroes.org.