Matt Smith wanders the floor of SDCC in a Simpsons mask, stuntmen make a daring rescue, the WB shows off a lot of videos, and lots more in the latest SDCC Digest.
KEVIN ALEJANDRO AND MICHAEL JAI WHITE WILL GUEST STAR AS DC COMICS CHARACTERS SEBASTIAN BLOOD AND BRONZE TIGER IN ARROW’S SECOND SEASON
Both Will Go Head-to-Head Against Stephen Amell’s Hooded Vigilante When Arrow Returns October 9
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — Oliver Queen (series star Stephen Amell) will have his work cut out for him when he returns to Starling City on October 9 for the second season of The CW’s #1 series Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c). At today’s Comic-Con panel session in Ballroom 20, fans learned of two new DC Comics characters coming to Starling City — Bronze Tiger and Sebastian Blood. Executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg revealed that Michael Jai White (Spawn, The Dark Knight, Mortal Kombat) will guest star as Bronze Tiger, while Kevin Alejandro (Southland, True Blood, Golden Boy) will appear as Sebastian Blood in upcoming episodes of the acclaimed action drama’s second season (airdates to be announced).
- Michael Jai White plays Ben Turner, a claw-wielding assassin better known as Bronze Tiger, who’s well known to DC Comics fans as a member of both the League of Assassins and the Suicide Squad. On Arrow, he’ll form an unholy alliance with fan-favorite villain China White (played by Kelly Hu), another well-established character in the DC Comics universe.
- Kevin Alejandro plays Sebastian Blood. Drawing inspiration from the iconic New Teen Titans nemesis Brother Blood, Sebastian is an alderman who rises to power in the wake of the earthquake that devastated Starling City in Arrow’s first-season finale. Blood’s “man-of-the-people” popularity instantly places him at odds with Oliver Queen, whose family he blames for the quake.
- In terms of embracing their dark side, Michael Jai White appeared in The Dark Knight with Heath Ledger’s Joker, voiced DC Comics villain Doomsday in the animated Justice League and portrayed the hell-bound title character in New Line Cinema’s Spawn. Kevin Alejandro, on the other hand, is better known for playing cops and detectives (Southland, Golden Boy), but recently his character paid the ultimate price for practicing witchcraft in his role as Jesus Velasquez in True Blood.
- Based upon characters published by DC Comics, Arrow is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Guggenheim and Kreisberg. The series is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television
AMY ACKER TAKES “ROOT” AS A SERIES REGULAR IN SEASON THREE OF PERSON OF INTEREST
EXEC. PRODUCERS NOLAN & PLAGEMAN RELEASE NEW SEASON INTEL AT COMIC-CON!
POI Fans May Find Their Face in Upcoming Episodes via a New Social Photo Opportunity Launching for Season 3
BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — With the Machine gone missing and cybervillain Root on the loose at the end of season two, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to get decent intel on Person of Interest, which returns for a third season September 24 on a new day and time: Tuesdays at 10/9c on CBS. Fortunately, fans of the hit surveillance drama from Warner Bros. Television and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions were given the inside track by executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman today at the show’s packed Comic-Con panel.
Details on the breaking news below:
ACKER TAKES ROOT
- The minds behind the Machine (Nolan & Plageman) announced that fan-favorite recurring guest star Amy Acker has been promoted to series regular for the upcoming third season, starring as Root, the Machiavellian cyber-hacker.
- First introduced in season one as a foil for Finch and last seen in a mental institution, the conflicted cyber-terrorist Root will stop at nothing to find the Machine and set it free.
- Acker previously appeared in J.J. Abrams’ Alias and Joss Whedon’s Angel, and she stars in Whedon’s acclaimed feature film Much Ado About Nothing.
WANT TO BECOME THE NEXT “PERSON OF INTEREST”?
Nolan and Plageman also hinted that fans should keep an eye on the Person of Interest Facebook page in the coming weeks. Here’s why:
- Warner Bros. Television and CBS are launching the Person of Interest Social Photo Opportunity, which will give the show’s fans on Facebook the ability to submit photos for a chance to become a “person of interest” at some point during season three.
- Currently in development and expected to launch prior to the debut of season three, the POI Social Photo Opportunity will allow fans to submit personal photos through Facebook, with the possibility of their image being included in the show during an upcoming episode.
- For more information on the chance to become a “person of interest,” fans should “Like” the Person of Interest Facebook page at www.facebook.com/
PersonOfInterestCBS and stay tuned for details — which will be released in the coming weeks — on when and how to submit images.
- When the POI Social Photo Opportunity Facebook app launches, fans will then be able to submit an image from their own Facebook account, add effects and then upload it to a database. POI producers will then select photos for use during upcoming episodes of the show, with new images appearing throughout the entire third season. Photos could appear at any time … in any place … in any episode.
The first two seasons of Person of Interest are available now for digital download (in standard and high definition) through all online retailers, includingiTunes and Amazon Instant Video. Additionally, the complete second season of Person of Interest will be available on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD on September 3, 2013.
REVOLUTION DIGITAL CARDS DEBUT AT COMIC-CON®
REVOLUTION FANS “FLOCK TO UNLOCK” NEW SERIES OF DC COMICS DIGITAL CHARACTER CARDS AT HIT SHOW’S COMIC-CON 2013 SESSION
Miles Matheson Character Profile Is First to Be Revealed by Show Creator/Executive Producer Eric Kripke
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — Revolution’s resident anti-militia rebel Miles Matheson has been freed from digital lockdown in today’s packed Comic-Con panel session! Warner Bros. Worldwide TV Marketing, DC Entertainment and NBC have teamed up to create a series of seven original digital trading cards — one for each of Revolution’s series regulars — that can be unlocked when fans tweet the #RevolutionCon hashtag. After more than 1,500 attendees at the Revolution Comic-Con panel tweeted while using the designated #RevolutionCon hashtag, the first card (for Miles Matheson) was revealed in the room by show creator/executive producer Eric Kripke. Subsequent cards will be revealed as fans continue hitting further social media thresholds.
- Created by a DC Comics artist in conjunction with Revolution producers, each profile card features an illustrated graphic of each of the seven series regulars — Miles Matheson (Billy Burke), Tom Neville (Giancarlo Esposito), Jason Neville (JD Pardo), Sebastian Monroe (David Lyons), Aaron Pittman (Zak Orth), Rachel Matheson (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos) — as well as a brief summary of the characters.
- In addition to the original illustration and overview of the characters’ journeys, each card contains a hidden letter which, when combined with the hidden letters on the other cards, reveals a written clue about the show’s second season. Fans must collect all seven to unlock the hidden message.
- The cards were unveiled to the Revolution fandom at the show’s Comic-Con panel session on Saturday afternoon. Soon after introducing the “Flock to Unlock” initiative and a collective call to action, members of the audience began tweeting en masse to the #RevolutionCon hashtag, prompting the release of the first digital profile (Miles Matheson).
- Upon reaching announced Twitter thresholds for each subsequent character, the remaining cards will be released on Revolution’s Facebook,Twitter and Tumblr pages throughout the weekend and into next week, as fans continue tweeting. As each of the cards is unveiled, fans can find the hidden letters, leading to the season two message. After being unlocked, all of these digital profiles will live on an NBC.com microsite at www.nbc.com/revolution/cards, with links to the Revolution show homepage at www.nbc.com/revolution.
NBC’s #1 scripted television series returns for its second season on Sept. 25, airing on a new day and time: Wednesdays at 8/7c. Starring Billy Burke (Twilight movies), Tracy Spiridakos (Being Human), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Zak Orth (Melinda and Melinda), David Lyons (ER), JD Pardo (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2) and Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost), Revolution was created by Eric Kripke (Supernatural) and is executive produced by Kripke, J.J. Abrams (Lost, Fringe, Person of Interest), Bryan Burk (Lost, Fringe, Person of Interest), Rockne S. O’Bannon (Defiance, V) and Jon Favreau (Iron Man movies).
From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television, Revolution is an epic adventure that follows a family’s struggle to reunite in a post-apocalyptic American landscape where every piece of technology had mysteriously blacked out worldwide. Setting in motion a swashbuckling journey that led to the reason the lights went out, the season one finale found the show’s heroes at the Tower and the switch to turn the lights back on — but the mystery of the blackout is just the beginning.
Become a fan of the show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Revolution and follow the show on Twitter at @NBCRevolution. For additional information about Warner Bros. Television activities at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC) and visitwww.thewb.com/comiccon.
WHO ARE THOSE CAPED DEMON-HUNTERS?
SUPERNATURAL’S JARED PADALECKI AND JENSEN ACKLES GET IN TOUCH WITH THEIR INNER SUPER HEROES IN PREPARATION FOR COMIC-CON 2013 WITH THE SIGNATURE WARNER BROS. CAPED BACKPACK
BURBANK, Calif. (July 17, 2013) — Men in … Capes? In preparation for Comic-Con 2013, Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles got in touch with the super hero within by modeling Warner Bros. signature caped Comic-Con backpacks. With production on the ninth season of the hit series just beginning and an appearance at 2013 Comic-Con International: San Diego this Sunday, series stars Padalecki and Ackles took a moment to show off the Supernatural bag and more importantly, to road-test its fashion cape accessory!
- To get a closer look at the Supernatural bag as well as images of all the Warner Bros. TV series Comic-Con bags, click here: http://bit.ly/12H1gXG
- Supernatural returns to Hall H at Comic Con on Sunday, July 21, from 10:00–11:00 AM with a special video presentation as well as a cast/producer Q&A. Recurring guest star Mark A. Sheppard joins series stars Padalecki, Ackles and Misha Collins alongside executive producers Jeremy Carver and Robert Singer. Additionally, the cast and executive producers will be signing for fans at the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) afterward at 12:45–1:30 PM.
- Supernatural returns for its ninth season on October 15, 2013, airing on a new day this fall: Tuesdays at 9/8c on The CW.
SCIENCE + ART + POP CULTURE = #BIGBANGTHEORY
THE BIG BANG THEORY ARTIST SERIES DEBUTS AT COMIC-CON®, FEATURING ORIGINAL WORKS INSPIRED BY THE SHOW AND CREATED BY SELECT ARTISTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Seven Original Pieces to Be Exhibited at the Warner Bros. Booth; Limited-Edition Litho Prints Available for Purchase Through Huckleberry
Additional Pieces and Artwork to Be Revealed Throughout the Year, with More Exhibitions Featuring All Artists in the Series to Follow
Merchandise Based on the Artist Series and Future Prints Will Be Available at Select Events and Retailers
BURBANK, Calif. (July 16, 2013) — Comic-Con fan favorite The Big Bang Theory (Thursdays 8/7c CBS) returns to San Diego in 2013, and this year, TV’s #1 comedy makes its appearance at the Con not only in a Friday panel session — but also in fine art form. Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing and Warner Bros. Consumer Products have launched The Big Bang Theory Artist Series, an exclusive collaboration with a select group of leading and emerging artists to celebrate TV’s #1 comedy and its oft-imitated geek-chic aesthetic with a series of original artworks that will debut at Comic-Con.
Seven original pieces from The Big Bang Theory Artist Series will be exhibited in a gallery space within the Warner Bros. booth, and limited-edition litho prints of two of the selections will be available for sale at the Huckleberry booth. Exhibitions of additional pieces and artwork from the Artist Series, as well as future prints and additional merchandise based upon the series, will follow in upcoming months.
- The Studio invited artists from the U.S. and around the globe to collaborate on The Big Bang Theory Artist Series and to express their visual interpretation of the smash series, its characters and its themes. Artists from Korea, Mexico, the UK, Italy, Germany, the U.S. and more have contributed original works in a variety of mediums and styles — ranging from street art to fine art and from digital to illustration — all inspired by The Big Bang Theory.
- Fans can see the first installment of the Artist Series, with seven original pieces on display at the Warner Bros. booth, #4545 on the convention floor.
- 250 limited-edition offset lithographic prints of the creations by Martin Hsu (“Big Bang Cats”) and Jerrod Maruyama (“Little Big Bang Theory”) can be purchased for $45 per print at the Huckleberry booth, #3449 on the convention floor. Additionally, artists Hsu and Maruyama will be on hand to sign their prints on Friday, July 19, at the Huckleberry booth (time TBD).
- Throughout the next year, WBTVG and WBCP will reveal additional participating artists, unveil new pieces and artwork, and announce upcoming gallery exhibitions featuring all artists in the series. Original merchandise based upon the Artist Series and future lithographic prints will be available at select events and retailers.
- Continue to visit www.thewb.com and www.facebook.com/theWB for information about merchandise and artist updates. For information about future print sales, please visit www.chara-covers.com.
Details on the seven original pieces from The Big Bang Theory Artist Series on display at the Warner Bros. booth are as follows:
- “Big Bang Cats” by Martin Hsu. San Francisco artist Martin Hsu found inspiration in the peculiar feline characteristics of cat breeds when looking for a perfect match for the eccentric Big Bang characters.
- “Little Big Bang Theory” by Jerrod Maruyama. Specializing in character concept and design, freelance illustrator Jerrod Maruyama looks for the “cute” in everything and found a natural fit with these adorable cartoon characters in an almost toylike, kawaii homage.
- “Zero2Hero” by Dez Einswell. As part of his signature style, Dez Einswell draws out the iconic nature of each character, blending both super hero and fanboy imagery.
- “Doctor Cooper” by Nan Lawson. Self-taught Silverlake illustrator Nan Lawson found inspiration in Sheldon Cooper’s charming and humorous perspective of how the world works.
- “Friendship Formula” by David Zajdman X Munky King. Using Munky King’s Omi (designer toy) aesthetic, Zajdman presents his own variable on Sheldon Cooper’s “Friendship Algorithm.”
- “In the Beginning There Was Nothing Which Exploded” by Richard J. Oliver. Welsh artist Richard Oliver creates a visual representation of theBig Bang characters in the old comic book style fused with that of more contemporary graphic novels.
- “The Big Bang” by Sakiroo Choi. Internationally prominent Korean illustrator and artist Sakiroo Choi was inspired by Stephen Hawking’s groundbreaking research, as well as scientific themes found in The Big Bang Theory. This piece expresses the idea that the singular Dr. Sheldon Cooper — similar to a black hole — is unaffected by the gravitational pull of everything that surrounds him.
About The Big Bang Theory
The Big Bang Theory stars Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch. Chuck Lorre, Steven Molaro and Bill Prady serve as executive producers of the series, which was created by Lorre & Prady. From Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, The Big Bang Theory airs Thursdays at 8/7c on CBS, and the seventh season premieres on September 26.
Founded in 2006, Huckleberry dedicated itself to designing well-made, imaginative products to foster fun, creative play for kids of all ages.
WARNER BROS. TAKES THE TITANS OUT OF THE BOX
STUDIO POPS UP A FREE, FUN FAMILY-FRIENDLY “LAWN CON” DESTINATION FOR COMIC-CON® 2013, COMPLETE WITH LIVE DJS AND PICNIC-STYLE SEATING
Pose with Gigantic Blowups of Teen Titans Go!’s Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, Robin and Starfire; Explore Life-Size LEGO® Model of The Hobbit Trilogy’s Bag End and Characters; Check Out Life-Size LEGO® Models of DC Comics’ Batman, Robin and The Joker; and Hitch a Ride with the Mystery Machine from Scooby-Doo
BURBANK, Calif. (July 16, 2013) — Warner Bros. Entertainment takes over the grounds at San Diego’s Bayfront Park throughout Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 to prove the pop culture convention isn’t just for big kids — there’s tons of family fun to be had (for free!) with wee ones, too. Popping up a colorful assortment of characters and replicas from Warner Bros. Animation, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Warner Bros. Pictures, the free and fun “Lawn Con” — located just steps from the convention floor, between the San Diego Convention Center and the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel — will be open to the public from Thursday, July 18–Sunday, July 21, and will boast some of the biggest Titans at SDCC … literally.
- Fans can see how they measure up next to gigantic blown-up versions of Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, Robin and Starfire — ranging from 17–30 feet tall! — from the hit Warner Bros. Animation series Teen Titans Go! (Tuesday nights at 7:30/6:30c on Cartoon Network).
- As seen in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, fans can visit a life-size LEGO® model of Bag End, Bilbo Baggins’ underground home, complete with characters Gandalf, Dwalin and Bilbo, himself, among others. To see the making of these life-size builds, click here:|
[The Hobbit Trilogy is a production of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM).]
- DC Comics fans won’t want to miss the chance to stand side-by-side life-size LEGO® models of the Dynamic Duo — Batman and Robin — as well as Super-Villain, The Joker, on display.
- Scooby-Doo and the Gang wouldn’t be able to solve half as many mysteries without the reliable Mystery Machine to transport them from town to town … and it’ll be parked on the lawn for all to see!
- Also on the lawn is a family picnic area with bench seating, providing the perfect spot to kick back and grab a snack, day or evening (with lighting for night).
- Plus, groove to the sounds of a live DJ, sponsored by Eventmaker! Different DJs will be performing Thursday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m., and Sunday, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Fans and their families can visit the “Lawn Con” displays each day throughout Comic-Con in Bayfront Park’s grassy expanse behind the convention center.
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit www.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC). For official information about Comic-Con 2013, visit www.comic-con.org and follow Comic-Con on Twitter @Comic_Con.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS THE CBS STAR POWER – AND VIRTUAL EXPERIENCES – AT COMIC-CON® 2013!
The New Summer Sensation “Under the Dome,” And the Highly Anticipated Midseason Drama Starring Josh Holloway “Intelligence” Will Be Presented in CBS Television Studios Panels with First-Look Video Content
“How I Met Your Mother” Makes Its Comic-Con Debut, Kicking Off Its Final Season with a 20th Century Fox Television Panel And an Exclusive Look at the Show
Mega-Hit Series “The Big Bang Theory” and “Person of Interest” Return to Headline Warner Bros. Television Panels
CBS Interactive Returns with its Popular GameSpot Base Station with CNET and Its Round-the-Clock Coverage via CBS.com, CNET and GameSpot.com; For the First Time, GameSpot Will Feature a “3D Costume Cam”
CBS Marketing to Present “The ‘Intelligence’ Google Glass Experience,” Street Teams for its Upcoming Suspense Drama Series “Hostages” and More…
Don’t miss CBS’s Comic-Con® bound star power! Mark your calendars for the panels for CBS’s highly anticipated new series starring Josh Holloway, INTELLIGENCE, summer sensation UNDER THE DOME, and the Network’s hit series HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, THE BIG BANG THEORY and PERSON OF INTEREST. CBS Interactive returns with on-site coverage via CBS.com, GameSpot and CNET, as well as fun interactive opportunities and its CNET Base Station with GameSpot. Meanwhile, among other promotions, CBS Marketing will present “The INTELLIGENCE Google Glass Experience” at the CBS Interactive booth, and masked and branded street teams for the upcoming suspense drama series HOSTAGES.
DETAILS ON PANELS/SCREENINGS AND SIGNINGS (in chronological order):
THURSDAY, JULY 18:
***Intelligence (CBS Television Studios Co-Pro with ABC Studios)
Panel: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM (Ballroom 20) Hashtag: #IntelligenceSDCC
Josh Holloway (“Lost”) makes his highly anticipated return to television in the new CBS series INTELLIGENCE as Gabriel, a high-tech intelligence operative enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. The dramatic thriller also stars Meghan Ory (“Once Upon a Time”) as a Secret Service agent assigned to protect Gabriel from outside threats – and his own reckless behavior – and Marg Helgenberger (CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION) as Gabriel’s boss and the head of the elite government cyber-security agency created to support him.
See the world premiere of the first episode, followed by a panel discussion with Holloway, Ory and Helgenberger and executive producers Michael Seitzman (“North Country”) and Tripp Vinson. The panel discussion will be moderated by Debra Birnbaum, President and Editor in Chief, TV Guide Magazine.
Autograph Signings: Holloway, Ory and Helgenberger will do signings from 11:15 AM to 12:00 PM at the CBS Interactive Booth (#4245) on the convention floor.
For the latest updates on INTELLIGENCE at Comic-Con, follow @IntelligenceCBS and stars @meghanrory and @Marghelgen on Twitter.
FRIDAY, JULY 19
***THE BIG BANG THEORY (Presented by Warner Bros. Television)
Panel: 10:00-11:00 AM (Ballroom 20) Hashtag: #WBSDCC
Debate! Discussions! Surprises! THE BIG BANG THEORY executive producers Steven Molaro and Bill Prady join the series’ writers to discuss the creative process and take fans behind the scenes of TV’s #1 comedy.
Autograph Signings: THE BIG BANG THEORY autograph signing is scheduled from 11:30 AM to 12:15 PM at the Warner Bros. Booth (#4545) on the convention floor.
Follow executive producers Steven Molaro on Twitter at @stevemolaro and Bill Prady at @billprady. For more information about THE BIG BANG THEORY at Comic-Con, log on to www.thewb.com/comiccon or follow @thewbdotcom on Twitter.
SATURDAY, JULY 20
***HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (Presented by Twentieth Century Fox Television)
Panel: 12:00 – 1:00 PM (Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront)
For the first time ever, the hit sitcom visits Comic-Con to kick off its final season with an exclusive look at the show and a panel featuring Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris, Alyson Hannigan , and executive producers Carter Bays, Craig Thomas and Pamela Fryman. Staff writer Sandra Gonzalez from Entertainment Weeklywill moderate the panel.
Autograph Signings: The cast members and executive producers will participate in signings in the FOX Booth (#4229) from 2:45 to 3:45 PM.
Follow the cast on Twitter at @JoshRadnor, @JasonSegel, @ActualyNPH, @alydenisof, @CobieSmulders. For the Executive Producers, follow @CarterBays and @HimymCraig.
***PERSON OF INTEREST (Presented by Warner Bros. Television)
Panel: 4:00-4:45 PM (Room 6BCF) Hashtag: #WBSDCC
Executive producers Jonathan Nolan (“The Dark Knight”) and Greg Plageman (“Cold Case”) are joined by series stars to be announced for a special video presentation and Q&A. Join the discussion about how the science “fiction” in PERSON OF INTEREST has become reality with recent real-world events. PERSON OF INTEREST is a crime thriller about a presumed dead former CIA agent who teams up with a mysterious billionaire to prevent violent crimes. Aided by the Machine – and opposed by ruthless criminals, corrupt cops, and shadowy elements within the government – the team works with two NYPD detectives to stop crimes before they happen.
Autograph Signing: The PERSON OF INTEREST autograph signing is scheduled from 3:00 to 3:40 PM at the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) on the convention floor.
For more information about PERSON OF INTEREST at Comic-Con, log on to www.thewb.com/comiccon or follow @thewbdotcom on Twitter.
SUNDAY, JULY 21:
***UNDER THE DOME (Presented by CBS Television Studios)
Panel: 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM (Room 6BCF) Hashtag: #DomeSDCC
The dome has descended upon Chester’s Mill and there is no way in or out! Get a sneak peek of what’s in store for the town and its residents as they become sealed off from the rest of the world in this summer’s event series based on the bestselling book by Stephen King, from Amblin Television. Stars Dean Norris (“Breaking Bad”), Mike Vogel (“Bates Motel”) and Rachelle Lefevre (“Twilight”) will be joined by executive producers Brian K. Vaughan (“Lost”) and Neal Baer (“Law & Order: SVU”).
Autograph Signings: Norris, Vogel, Lefevre, Vaughan and Baer will sign from 3:30 to 4:15 PM at the CBS Interactive Booth (#4245) on the convention floor.
For the latest updates on UNDER THE DOME at Comic-Con go to www.facebook.com/UnderTheDomeCBS,http://underthedomeoncbs.tumblr.com, and follow @UnderTheDomeCBS, @DeanJNorris, @RachelleLefevre and @NealBaer on Twitter.
DETAILS ON CBS INTERACTIVE’S COVERAGE:
“3D Costume Cam” – GameSpot, the world’s #1 gaming information site, will feature a “3D Costume Cam” at the CBS Interactive Booth (#4245) on the convention floor, where costumed attendees can be photographed by more than 100 high-resolution digital cameras simultaneously, with the resulting images converted into an interactive 3D model viewable on GameSpot.com. Participants will automatically be entered into a social sweepstakes, where users can vote for their favorite costume. The top 10 images earning the most Facebook “likes” will be eligible to win 3D printed figurines.
CBS.com – CBS.com will offer a window into CBS events, news and action at Comic-Con for fans throughout the country via www.cbs.com/shows/comic-con-2013/. Coverage will include interviews with CBS stars in attendance as well as on-demand video coverage of the CBS series panels and photos from key Comic-Con and CBS events. (In addition to CBS.com, fans can get real-time updates through Twitter (@CBSatComicCon or @CBS) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/CBS, including live tweeting of panels and events and immediate access to photos and videos).
GameSpot’s Daily Comic-Con Coverage – GameSpot’s coverage begins on Thursday, July 18 at 11:00 AM, PT/8:00 AM, ET, and ends late in the afternoon on Saturday, July 20. The main event is a live-streamed stage show featuring game demos and developer interviews discussing and previewing the hottest titles.
GameSpot Base Station with CNET – For the third year in a row, GameSpot along with CNET will host their popular interactive Base Station at the iconic Lou & Mickey’s restaurant located in “Ground Zero,” the gateway between San Diego Convention Center and the Gaslamp Quarter. The GameSpot Base Station with CNET will be open to all Comic-Con show attendees from Thursday, July 18 through Saturday, July 20. Attendees can charge their devices, refuel on free food and drinks, and enter Prize-Pow-Looza drawings to win fantastic gadgets, mega gaming giveaways, super gift cards and more.
DETAILS ON CBS MARKETING’S PROMOTIONS:
The INTELLIGENCE Google Glass Experience – For a limited time on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Comic-Con attendees will have the opportunity to try out Google Glass at the CBS Interactive Booth (#4245) on the convention floor . When wearing the glasses and looking at a poster for the show, a trailer for INTELLIGENCE will automatically open before their eyes.
Street Teams for HOSTAGES – Street teams will roam SDCC donning themed ski masks and attire for CBS’s new fall suspense drama series, HOSTAGES.
UNDER THE DOME NFC (Near Field Communication) Cards – Cards will be distributed at the CBS Interactive booth (#4245), and exclusive UNDER THE DOME video content will be zapped directly to fans’ Android devices (tablets and smartphones) through NFC.
PREPARE TO TAKE FLIGHT AT COMIC-CON® 2013
WARNER BROS. AND COMIC-CON TURN FANS INTO SUPER HEROES WITH OFFICIAL BAG OF SDCC 2013 — COMPLETE WITH CAPE!
Collectible Backpacks & Detachable Capes Highlight TV’s Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, Revolution, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Teen Titans Go!; Feature Films Godzilla, The LEGO® Movie and 300: Rise of an Empire; DC Universe Original Animated Movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox; And the Classic Batman TV Series
BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2013) — It’s a backpack. It’s a cape. It’s a backpack with a cape! Warner Bros. Entertainment will once again sponsor the official bag at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013, to be distributed to fans when checking in at the Con, the Studio announced today. This marks the fourth year that Warner Bros. and Comic-Con have joined forces to produce and distribute what Entertainment Weekly once called the convention’s “ubiquitous accessory,” ensuring that attendees have a unique keepsake from the world’s leading pop culture convention. Plus, for fans in San Diego who forgot their costumes, the “must-have” bag (according to Deadline Hollywood) not only lets attendees tote copious amounts of swag, but they can also flaunt their super hero side with the backpack’s detachable cape!
- More than 130,000 of the bags have been produced and will be provided to Comic-Con attendees throughout the convention.
- The all-new 2013 edition is fashioned as a backpack and features a built-in cape — to assist the super hero in all of us race to panels, of course. The detachable cape can be worn separately, as can the backpack.
- Each of the bags, designed by Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing, feature double-sided artwork, with the all-new Comic-Con 2013 official design on one side and the other side highlighting titles from the Studio’s TV series, theatrical motion pictures and original animated movies.
- The television show titles are Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, Revolution,Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! (with Beware the Batman cape!) and The Vampire Diaries.
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s DC Universe Original Animated Movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox will be featured, as will the classic Batman TV series.
- Attendees can also tote their swag in bags featuring artwork from the forthcoming motion picturesGodzilla, The LEGO® Movie and 300: Rise of an Empire.
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit www.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter at @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC). For official information about Comic-Con 2013, visitwww.comic-con.org and follow Comic-Con on Twitter at @Comic_Con.
DYNAMIC DUO SPRINGS BACK INTO ACTION!
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND TV GUIDE MAGAZINE RETEAM TO DELIVER FANS THE ULTIMATE COMIC-CON® SWAG ITEM:
A SPECIAL EDITION OF THE MAGAZINE DEVOTED EXCLUSIVELY TO PROGRAMMING FROM THE STUDIO
Collect All Four Sets of Flip Covers Featuring Arrow’s Stephen Amell;
Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles;
The Vampire Diaries’ Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder;
The Originals’ Joseph Morgan and Charles Michael Davis;
Superman 75 and Batman
Get It at the Warner Bros. Booth at Comic-Con, or Buy at Newsstands and on Digital Platforms Beginning July 17
BURBANK, Calif. (July 10, 2013) — TV’s super alliance continues as Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) andTV Guide Magazine join forces once again to deliver fans the ultimate Comic-Con swag item for the fourth consecutive year: a Warner Bros.–themed Comic-Con special edition of the magazine, with insider scoop and behind-the scenes action from the Studio’s series as well as four sets of collectible “flip” covers featuring Arrow star Stephen Amell; Supernatural stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles; The Vampire Diaries stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; and The Originals stars Joseph Morgan and Charles Michael Davis; in addition to a set dedicated to the 75th anniversary of Superman, with Batman on the flip cover.
For a sneak peek at the four sets of flip covers and to download all eight cover designs, click here:http://bit.ly/18LY702
- Comic-Con Distribution at the Warner Bros. Booth: The Warner Bros. TV Guide Magazine special issues will be distributed to fans for free at the Warner Bros. booth — #4545 on the convention floor — throughout Comic-Con, beginning on preview night, Wednesday, July 17, and continuing through Sunday, July 21.
- Newsstand and Digital Platforms: For those unable to attend Comic-Con in person, all four sets of collectible flip covers will be on sale from July 17 at newsstands wherever TV Guide Magazineis sold. The special issue will also be available digitally on iPad, Nook, Kindle Fire, Zinio and Google platforms.
The 88-page special issue is packed with features and photos dedicated to the following programs:
- Returning WBTV favorites Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, Nikita, Person of Interest,Revolution, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Childrens Hospital
- Previews of WBTV’s highly anticipated new series Almost Human, from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Fringe’s J.H. Wyman, starring Karl Urban (Star Trek films) and Michael Ealy (Underworld: Awakening); The Tomorrow People, from executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries), Danny Cannon (Nikita) and Phil Klemmer (Chuck), and based on the original UK series; The Vampire Diaries spinoff series The Originals, from Julie Plec; The 100, in which 100 juvenile delinquents are sent to Earth years after a nuclear apocalypse to see if the planet is habitable; and more…
- An inside look at Warner Bros. Animation’s hit series MAD, The Looney Tunes Show and Teen Titans Go!, as well as new program Beware the Batman and the upcoming The Tom and Jerry Show
And there’s more! Including:
- An exclusive Arrow comic created by DC Comics and penned by TV series executive producer Marc Guggenheim
- A sneak peek inside the upcoming DC Universe Original Animated Movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment
- An in-depth look at the television history of the man of steel — Superman — in honor of the character’s 75th anniversary
- Behind-the-scenes photos from the TV Guide Magazine yacht and Warner Bros. Television media cocktail event at Comic-Con 2012
- A look back at pop-culture costumes seen on The Big Bang Theory
- Burning questions answered about fans’ favorite shows, including the final season of Nikita
- And much more…!
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom(hashtag #WBSDCC) and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon. And follow TV Guide Magazine on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/TVGuideMagazine and on Twitter @TVGuideMagazine.