TOTE YOUR FAVE COMIC-CON® 2014 LOOT IN THE OFFICIAL BAG FROM WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT
WARNER BROS. AND COMIC-CON ONCE AGAIN TEAM UP TO PROVIDE OFFICIAL BAG OF SDCC 2014 — WITH 13 DIFFERENT DESIGNS!
The Collectible Bags Double as a Backpack and Highlight Warner Bros. Television’s Arrow, Constantine, The Flash, The Following, Gotham, iZOMBIE, The Originals, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Mike Tyson Mysteries and Teen Titans Go!
Plus Two Totes Tout DC Comics’ Famed Caped Crusader, Batman — One Bag Celebrates the 75th Anniversary, the Other the Classic 1966 TV Series
BURBANK, Calif. (July 17, 2014) — The bags are back! Comic-Con 2014 attendees hoping for a colorful and commemorative keepsake bag to hold their best swag are once again in luck. For the fifth year running, Warner Bros. Entertainment and Comic-Con have teamed up to produce and distribute the official bag of Comic-Con, which will be distributed to fans when checking it at the Con. The highly coveted bag, which can also be worn conveniently as a backpack, has been called a “must-have” by Variety and Comic-Con’s “ubiquitous accessory” by Entertainment Weekly.
- More than 130,000 of the bags have been produced and will be provided to Comic-Con attendees throughout the convention.
- The all-new 2014 edition again features backpack styling and features 13 different designs.
- Designed by Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing, each bag features double-sided artwork, with the all-new Comic-Con 2014 official design on one side and the other side highlighting titles from the Studio’s TV series and the 75th anniversary of Batman.
- Current Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series featured on the SDCC bags are Arrow, Constantine, The Flash, The Following, Gotham, iZOMBIE, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries.
- And two of the bags will feature DC Comics’ legendary caped crusader: one design will celebrate the 75th anniversary celebration of Batman, and another will highlight the classic and iconic Batman TV series from 1966.
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit comiccon.thewb.com and follow @warnerbrostv on Twitter (hashtag #WBSDCC). For official information about Comic-Con 2014, visit www.comic-con.org and follow Comic-Con on Twitter at @Comic_Con.
YEAR FIVE OF THE EPIC PARTNERSHIP CONTINUES!
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND TV GUIDE MAGAZINE JOIN FORCES ONCE AGAIN ON A SPECIAL COMIC-CON® EDITION OF THE MAGAZINE SHOWCASING THE STUDIO’S PROGRAMMING
The 2014 Edition Features Four Sets of Collectible Flip Covers, Including Arrow’s Stephen Amell; The Flash’s Grant Gustin; The Following’s Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles; The Vampire Diaries’ Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; Constantine’s Matt Ryan; a Celebration of Batman’s 75th Anniversary; and Gotham
Available at the Warner Bros. Booth at Comic-Con, or on Newsstands and Digital Platforms Beginning July 22
BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2014) — Super friends Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and TV Guide Magazine have joined forces for the fifth year in a row, teaming up on a special Warner Bros.–themed Comic-Con special edition of the magazine, taking fans behind the scenes of their favorite series and offering up four sets of collectible “flip” covers featuring Arrow star Stephen Amell; The Flash star Grant Gustin; The Following stars Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy; Supernatural stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles; The Vampire Diaries stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; Constantine star Matt Ryan; a celebration of the 75th anniversary of Batman; and Gotham.
- Get it at the Warner Bros. Booth at Comic-Con: Warner Bros. will distribute the TV Guide Magazine special issue to fans for free at the Warner Bros. booth — #4545 on the convention floor — throughout Comic-Con, beginning on Preview Night, Wednesday, July 23, and continuing through Sunday, July 27.
- Newsstand and Digital Platforms: For those unable to attend Comic-Con in person, all four sets of collectible flip covers will be on sale from July 22 at newsstands nationwide. The special issue will also be available on major digital platforms, including Nook, Kindle Fire, Zinio and Google.
Fans combing through the 88-page special issue will find features and photos dedicated to the following programs:
- Returning Comic-Con favorites The 100, Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Childrens Hospital
- Previews of WBTV’s highly anticipated new origin series Gotham, from Bruno Heller (The Mentalist), starring Ben McKenzie (Southland), Donal Logue (Vikings) and Jada Pinkett Smith (The Matrix films); The Flash, from Arrow executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, and director David Nutter; Constantine, from executive producers Daniel Cerone (Dexter) and David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight films); and iZOMBIE from executive producers Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright.
- A colorfully out-of-the-lines look at Warner Bros. Animation’s hit series Teen Titans Go! and The Tom and Jerry Show, as well as a sneak peek at upcoming DC Nation shorts as well as new series Mike Tyson Mysteries, Be Cool Scooby-Doo! and Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production
And that’s not all, folks. There’s more, including:
- An exclusive DC Entertainment comic, “60 Seconds in the Life of Barry Allen” (aka The Flash), written by The Flash writers Geoff Johns, Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti
- A sneak peek inside the upcoming DC Universe Original Animated Movie Batman: Assault on Arkham from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment
- A look at 75 years of Bat-Mania in honor of the Caped Crusader’s 75th anniversary, in addition to a DC Comics preview of Dick Grayson’s (aka Robin) new spy series, Grayson
- Behind-the-scenes photos from the TV Guide Magazine yacht and photo booth at Comic-Con 2013
- All the scoop on the stories behind Oliver Queen’s scars on Arrow; a one-on-one interview with The Big Bang Theory’s Kunal Nayyar; the lethal stats on Joe Carroll’s killer minions from The Following; and more
- Burning questions answered about fans’ favorite shows, including The 100, Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries
- And so much more…!
For additional information about Warner Bros. Television’s activities at Comic-Con, please follow @warnerbrostv on Twitter and join in the conversation by using hashtag #WBSDCC, or visit http://comiccon.thewb.com. Follow TV Guide Magazine on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TVGuideMagazine and on Twitter at @TVGuideMagazine, hashtag #TVGMYacht.
Warner Bros. to Showcase The Hobbit, Mad Max, Jupiter Ascending, Into the Storm, and More at SDCC 2014
Warner Bros. Entertainment to Deliver Unparalleled Showcase of Upcoming Content to Comic-Con Crowd
Warner Bros.’ divisions—Pictures, Television, Interactive, Home Entertainment and DC Entertainment—prepare to dazzle fans of all ages, each with its own variety of panels and presentations, including “The Hobbit” Trilogy, “Gotham,” “Batman: Arkham Knight,” “Batman: The Complete Television Series,” and much more
BURBANK, Calif.–Warner Bros. Entertainment will plant its flag at Comic-Con International: San Diego this year with a huge presence, with each individual division touting its upcoming offerings, including Film, Television, Interactive and Home Entertainment, as well as a variety of product from DC Entertainment, whose celebrations in honor of 75 years of one of the world’s most beloved Super Heroes—Batman—will be in full swing.
On Saturday, July 26th, beginning at 10 a.m., Warner Bros. Pictures brings three of its most hotly anticipated films to this year’s Con: Peter Jackson will be on the main stage with “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies,” from New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, and George Miller will be on hand to present a first look at “Mad Max: Fury Road,” from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. The Hall H audience will also get a peek at the Wachowskis’ original sci-fi actioner “Jupiter Ascending,” also from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. Attending stars will be revealed at a later date.
In addition to the Studio’s Hall H presentation, Warner Bros. will also host a pre-Con fan screening of New Line Cinema and Village Roadshow Pictures’ upcoming “cli-fi” thriller “Into the Storm,” directed by Steven Quale. The screening will take place on Wednesday, July 23rd, at 10 p.m. at the Gas Lamp Theatre.
Warner Bros. Television Group returns to Comic-Con with 15 series in 2014, holding panels throughout the four days of the Con for fan-favorite series including “The Big Bang Theory,” “The Following,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries” and “Teen Titans Go!,” among many others, as well as once again kicking off the Con with screenings of new series “The Flash,” “Constantine” and more on Wednesday’s Preview Night.
On Saturday night, July 26th, it’s all DC Entertainment all night in Hall H when Warner Bros. Television treats attendees to a three-hour special event designed specifically for DC Comics fans and featuring some of DC Comics’ greatest characters. The event will run from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and will feature the world premiere public screening of the highly anticipated new drama series “Gotham” (the only screening of “Gotham” at this year’s Comic-Con), followed by a screening of the complete pilot of “The Flash,” and exclusive video presentations from returning hit “Arrow” and new thriller “Constantine.” Cast members and producers from all four shows will make special appearances throughout the three-hour event. For complete information on Warner Bros. Television’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv—official hashtag #WBSDCC—and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
In concert with all the WB divisions, DC Entertainment continues to fête Batman’s 75th year, making the icon the centerpiece of their offerings, including all-star panel appearances by Batman talent as well as a rare display of some of the canon’s most famous film costumes in history—those worn by Christian Bale, George Clooney, Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton—on display in the DC Entertainment booth. The character will also appear on the cover of the Con’s official souvenir book, and on a Con-exclusive T-shirt designed by DC Entertainment Co-Publisher and legendary artist, Jim Lee.
Lee will also participate in the Batman 75: Legends of the Dark Knight panel discussion with veteran Batman creatives Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, Denny O’Neil, Neal Adams, current series writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo, and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. The panel will take place at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 24th.
Johns and artist John Romita, Jr., the new creative team behind Superman, will explore their upcoming plans for the Super Hero, as will the husband-and-wife creative team behind comics’ most beloved heroine, Wonder Woman, writer Meredith Finch and artist David Finch.
In addition to their numerous other activities, including 20 panels over the course of the Con, the company will also reveal plans for numerous upcoming titles for DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD Magazine imprints, as well as unveiling new action figures from DC Collectibles, including those commemorating The CW and WBTV’s “Arrow” and “The Flash,” as well as a stellar new line based on the upcoming videogame “Batman: Arkham Knight,” from WBIE.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, in celebration of the upcoming release of Rocksteady Studios’ “Batman: Arkham Knight,” will host the Cape/Cowl/Create art exhibit, open to the public daily from July 25th through the 27th, 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Hard Rock San Diego Hotel’s Legends Room. This free public exhibition will feature true-to-scale replicas of the game’s cape and cowl used as a blank canvas by top contemporary artists to produce their own original interpretations.
On Friday, July 25th, at 12:30 p.m., WBIE and Monolith Productions will host a panel for the anticipated game “Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor,” discussing how the game’s innovation evolves storytelling while exploring the history of the Rings of Power. Panelists will include Monolith’s Michael de Plater and Phil Straub, as well as the game’s lead writer, Christian Cantamessa, and voice actor Troy Baker, moderated by Professor Janet Croft.
And Sunday, July 27th, at 1:00 p.m., WBIE will also host a panel for “LEGO™ Batman 3: Beyond Gotham,” developed by TT Games, with an exclusive gameplay demonstration, character reveals, special announcements and a lively panel discussion with several members of the voice cast featured in the game. Also, throughout the Con, the game will be available for the first time for hands-on play by consumers.
Blanketing the Con from start to finish with entertainment and activities for fans, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment celebrates its coming release of Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ summer blockbuster “Godzilla” with a four-day interactive display on the lawn behind Hall H. From Wednesday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day, view the 24-foot tall sculpture of the king of the monsters, along with fan art and a graffiti wall where visitors can memorialize their favorite Godzilla moments. Giveaways and photo opportunities will also be available.
From 6:00 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 24th, WBHE hosts Batman ’66, reuniting pop icons Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar on the Hall H stage for “Batman: The Complete Television Series.” Moderated by Ralph Garman, the actors behind Batman, Robin and Catwoman will give the audience an inside look at the exclusive content contained in the Home Entertainment release due out later this year, as well as present dazzling high-definition re-mastered footage from the landmark series.
On Friday, July 25th, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., it’s the world premiere of “Batman: Assault on Arkham,” the next entry in the ongoing series of DC Universe Original Movies, due out on Digital HD on July 29th and as a Blu-rayTM Combo Pack on August 12th. Produced by WBHE, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, the full-length animated film is based on the best-selling “Batman: Arkham” videogame series. Lucky attendees at the Ballroom 20 event will also be treated to a panel discussion featuring Kevin Conroy of “Batman: The Animated Series,” Matthew Gray Gubler, Troy Baker and John DiMaggio, and the filmmaking team of producer James Tucker, director Jay Oliva, dialogue director Andrea Romano, screenwriter Heath Corson, and moderator Victor Lucas. There will also be special announcements, exclusive prizes and a few potential surprises.
The final day of the Con, Sunday, July 27th—Kids’ Day—will see WBHE’s world premiere of the family animated film “Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy” at 10:00 a.m. in Room 6BCF. The story follows everyone’s favorite Great Dane and the Mystery Inc. gang on a trip to a cursed castle inhabited by a terrifying ghost. Attendees can stay for a panel discussion among several of the voice actors, including Mindy Cohn and Grey Griffin, director/producer Paul McEvoy and screenwriter Jim Krieg. The feature will be available August 5th on Digital HD, and on Blu-rayTM Combo Pack and DVD on August 19th.
On the same day in Room 6A, at 2:15 p.m., animation fans can also watch the world premiere of the beloved cat-and-mouse duo Tom and Jerry in “Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon,” an hour-long feature filled with song, sorcery and slapstick. Filmmakers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone will be on hand to present the film, which will be released on Digital HD on August 19th, and on DVD on September 2nd.
And fans of the extensive WBHE library will be able to enjoy panels discussing some of their newest and greatest classic offerings: on Saturday the 26th at 1:00 p.m., Warner Archive Collection presents Trailers From Hell Live! A match made in classic movie heaven, the gurus of TFH, paired with the fan-centric trio of WAC podcasters, make a detailed, often humorous dissection of trailers from some of the great films in the fanboy spectrum. From sci-fi and horror to action and noir, it’s an education on current and upcoming releases in the WAC catalog and Warner Archive Instant, from a panel that includes Josh Olson and WAC Podcast hosts George Feltenstein, Matthew Patterson and DW Ferranti. In Room 25ABC.
At 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, WAC presents A Batman for all Seasons. Join respected producer/author Michael Uslan, producer James Tucker, producer/director Brandon Vietti, WAC Podcast hosts Patterson and Ferranti and surprise guests, as they examine Batman iterations and oddities throughout history, from early films like “Public Defender” and the Batman cartoons, to new versions of the character, the off-kilter takes and new media. Attendees who stick around to the end will be privy to a special WAC announcement that will excite fans both “Young” and old. Room 7AB.
About “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”
“The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” is the epic, action-packed third and final film in Oscar-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson’s epic “The Hobbit” Trilogy. The film stars Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Evangeline Lilly, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ken Stott, and James Nesbitt, with Cate Blanchett, Ian Holm, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving and Orlando Bloom. Jackson directed from a screenplay by Fran Walsh & Philippa Boyens & Peter Jackson & Guillermo del Toro, based on the novel by J.R.R. Tolkien. The film is produced by Carolynne Cunningham, Zane Weiner, Fran Walsh and Peter Jackson, with Alan Horn, Toby Emmerich, Ken Kamins and Carolyn Blackwood serving as executive producers. New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures present, a Wingnut Films production, “The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies,” opening in theatres nationwide on December 17, 2014.
About “Mad Max: Fury Road”
Oscar-winning filmmaker George Miller’s “Mad Max: Fury Road” revisits his own post-apocalyptic trilogy featuring the anti-hero known as Mad Max. Tom Hardy stars in the role of Max Rockatansky, alongside Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Zoe Kravitz, Riley Keough, Hugh Keays-Byrne and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Miller directed from a screenplay he wrote with Brendan McCarthy and Nico Lathouris. Miller also produces, along with Doug Mitchell and P.J. Voeten. Iain Smith, Graham Burke and Bruce Berman serve as executive producers. “Mad Max: Fury Road” is a Kennedy Miller Mitchell production. The film will be presented by Warner Bros. Pictures, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures. Scheduled for release on May 15, 2015, it will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
About “Jupiter Ascending”
“Jupiter Ascending” is written and directed by the Wachowskis and produced by Grant Hill, Lana Wachowski and Andy Wachowski. Roberto Malerba and Bruce Berman served as executive producers. The film stars Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis, with Sean Bean, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth, Tuppence Middleton, Doona Bae, James D’Arcy and Tim Pigott-Smith. Set for release February 6, 2015, “Jupiter Ascending” is a Warner Bros. Pictures presentation, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, in association with Anarchos Productions. It will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
About “Into the Storm”
“Into the Storm” was directed by Steven Quale, from a screenplay from John Swetnam, and stars Richard Armitage, Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Arlen Escarpeta, Max Deacon, Nathan Kress and Jeremy Sumpter. Todd Garner produced the film, with Richard Brener, Walter Hamada, Dave Neustadter, Mark McNair, Jeremy Stein and Bruce Berman serving as executive producers. New Line Cinema presents, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, a Broken Road production, “Into the Storm.” The film will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
Airing Mondays at 8/7c this fall on FOX, “Gotham” stars Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor, Erin Richards, David Mazouz, Camren Bicondova, Zabryna Guevara, Cory Michael Smith, Victoria Cartagena, Andrew Stewart-Jones and Jada Pinkett Smith. Bruno Heller wrote the “Gotham” pilot, which was directed by Danny Cannon. Heller, Cannon and John Stephens are executive producers of the series, which is based on the characters from DC Comics and is a production of Warner Bros. Television.
About “The Flash”
Premiering October 7th and airing Tuesdays at 8/7c on The CW, “The Flash” stars Grant Gustin, Candice Patton, Rick Cosnett, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, with Tom Cavanagh and Jesse L. Martin. John Wesley Shipp guest stars. Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and DC Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns wrote “The Flash” pilot, which was directed by David Nutter. Berlanti, Kreisberg, Nutter and Sarah Schechter are executive producers of “The Flash,” which is based upon the characters from DC Comics and is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
Returning for its third season October 8th, “Arrow” airs Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW. Starring Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Willa Holland, Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, with John Barrowman and Paul Blackthorne, “Arrow” was developed and is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg. Based upon the characters from DC Comics, “Arrow” is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
Premiering October 24th, “Constantine” will air Fridays at 10/9c on NBC and stars Matt Ryan, Charles Halford and Harold Perrineau. Based on the characters from DC Comics and produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Warner Bros. Television, “Constantine” is executive produced by Daniel Cerone and David S. Goyer. Neil Marshall directed the pilot from a teleplay by Cerone and story by Cerone & Goyer.
Gareth Edwards directed “Godzilla,” which stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Oscar nominee Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, Oscar winner Juliette Binoche, and Sally Hawkins, with Oscar nominee David Strathairn and Bryan Cranston. The screenplay is by Max Borenstein, story by David Callaham, based on the character “Godzilla” owned and created by TOHO CO., LTD. Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni produced with Mary Parent and Brian Rogers. Patricia Whitcher and Alex Garcia served as executive producers, alongside Yoshimitsu Banno and Kenji Okuhira. Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures present a Legendary Pictures production, a Gareth Edwards film, “Godzilla.” The film was distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, except in Japan, where it will be distributed by Toho Co., Ltd. Legendary Pictures is a division of Legendary Entertainment.
OUT OF THE SHADOWS AND INTO THE LIMELIGHT
OLIVER QUEEN HIMSELF, ARROW STAR STEPHEN AMELL, TO SERVE AS MASTER OF CEREMONIES AS WARNER BROS. TELEVISION PRESENTS A NIGHT OF DC ENTERTAINMENT, SATURDAY, JULY 26, AT COMIC-CON 2014
Three-Hour Event (8:00–11:00 p.m.) in Hall H Features the World Premiere of Gotham, Complete Pilot Screening of The Flash and Exclusive Footage From New Series Constantine and Season Three of Arrow
BURBANK, Calif. (July 8, 2014) — While it may be possible to throw a great party without the assistance and backing of a billionaire playboy, Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and DC Entertainment (DCE) are taking no chances, with Starling City’s favorite vigilante-turned-hero stepping out of the shadows and into the limelight, temporarily putting down his bow in favor of picking up a mic: Arrow star Stephen Amell (Twitter: @amellywood) has been tapped to serve as master of ceremonies when Warner Bros. Television Presents A Night of DC Entertainment on Saturday night, July 26, at Comic-Con 2014.
As previously announced, WBTV and DC Entertainment are teaming up for a three-hour (8:00–11:00 p.m.) special event in Hall H designed for DC Comics fans and featuring some of DC Comics’ greatest characters. Amell will preside over the world premiere screening of Gotham and the complete pilot screening of The Flash, and will give fans a look at footage from the Constantine pilot and a sneak peek at season three of Arrow. He will also introduce select stars and producers from each of the four series.
In Arrow, Stephen Amell plays Oliver Queen, who returned home to Starling City after being gone for five years, during which time he suffered unimaginable ordeals. With a mysterious agenda and armed with a new set of skills, Oliver moonlights as the Arrow, a crime-fighting hero looking to clean up the streets of his city. Joined by his team — John Diggle (David Ramsey), Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) and Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) — Oliver protects the people he loves, becoming a beacon of hope for the city’s most vulnerable, and a weapon of justice against those who prey upon them. Arrow returns for season three on October 8, airing Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW.
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP AMPS UP THE ACTION AT COMIC-CON® 2014 WITH SUPER HEROES, SUPER-VILLAINS, SCIENTISTS, VAMPIRES, VIGILANTES AND A MASSIVE SATURDAY NIGHT EVENT WITH DC ENTERTAINMENT
Studio Brings 15 Series to Comic-Con from Top Producers Including Greg Berlanti, Bruno Heller, Greg Plageman, Julie Plec, Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright, Kevin Williamson and Many More
In Addition to a First Ever Saturday Night WBTV/DC Entertainment Event, Fans Won’t Want to Miss Panels and Signings with the Stars and Producers of Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Childrens Hospital, Constantine, The Flash, The Following, Gotham, The 100, iZOMBIE, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries
BURBANK, Calif. (July 02, 2014) — It wouldn’t be summer without a sizzling, action-packed lineup from Warner Bros. Television Group at Comic-Con International: San Diego. The Studio returns to the world’s leading pop-culture convention in 2014 with 15 series, including 10 returning fan-favorite shows and five programs making their much-anticipated Comic-Con debut. Plus, for the first-time ever, Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment are joining forces for an epic special Saturday night event on July 26, as previously announced, featuring super heroes, Super-Villains, screenings and special appearances, including the world premiere of Gotham.
Participating in all the action are Comic-Con favorites and new additions including The Following’s Kevin Bacon; The Vampire Diaries’ Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins; The Flash’s Grant Gustin (Arrow); Constantine’s Matt Ryan and Harold Perrineau (Lost); The Originals’ Joseph Morgan; Childrens Hospital’s Rob Corddry; Mike Tyson Mysteries’ Mike Tyson; and cast members from Gotham — to name just a few — who will join producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash), Greg Plageman (Person of Interest), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals), Jason Rothenberg (The 100), Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright (iZOMBIE, Veronica Mars), Kevin Williamson (The Following, The Vampire Diaries) and many more to deliver the ultimate experience for fans, with screenings, panel sessions, autograph signings and media appearances.
- Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment have your Saturday night all taken care of with a three-hour special event on July 26 featuring the world premiere of Gotham (the only time Gotham will screen during Comic-Con), a screening of The Flash pilot, and footage from the much-anticipated Constantine pilot and from the upcoming third season of Arrow.
- Comic-Con essentials Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Childrens Hospital, The Following, The 100, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries are all back in San Diego.
- World-premiere screenings of complete pilot episodes of highly anticipated new WBTV series The Flash, Constantine and iZOMBIE on Preview Night, plus an advance look at a new episode of Teen Titans Go!
- The Studio’s 2,400-square foot booth will once again be a must-visit destination on the convention floor
- For additional info on the Studio’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv — official hashtag #WBSDCC — and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
- To connect with WBTVG in the social space — including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers — check out the social media contacts page here: http://bit.ly/1mhkeCC
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 23
6:00 p.m. — It’s OK, you can peek — WBTV gets Comic-Con off to a dramatic start for the seventh year in a row by hosting a special sneak peek, world-premiere screening event on Preview Night, debuting some of the most hotly anticipated new series of the year. For 2014, WBTV will screen the complete pilot episodes of The Flash, Constantine and iZOMBIE. Additionally, Warner Bros. Animation will unveil a brand-new episode of Teen Titans Go! Ballroom 20
- The Flash: From the Arrow creative team of executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg and director David Nutter, The Flash is a fast-paced super hero drama based upon the characters from DC Comics that follows the high-speed adventures of the Fastest Man Alive. With a pilot written by Berlanti, Kreisberg and DC Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, the action drama follows police scientist and everyday guy Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), who, after an unexpected Particle Accelerator accident, is suddenly charged with the ability to move at incredible speeds, which he uses to help the people of Central City.
- Constantine: Based upon the characters from DC Comics and executive produced by Daniel Cerone (Dexter) and David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, The Dark Knight films), Constantine reflects the lore of the fan-favorite comic, combining noirish storytelling with the evolving mythology of John Constantine (Matt Ryan), a morally challenged character who doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil … but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond.
- iZOMBIE: Co-created and executive produced by Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright (Veronica Mars), along with executive producers Danielle Stokdyk and Dan Etheridge (also of Veronica Mars), Rose McIver (Masters of Sex, Once Upon a Time) stars as Olivia “Liv” Moore, a 25-year-old medical resident on the fast track to a perfect life … until she’s turned into a zombie. Liv transfers her residency to the coroner’s office for access to the brains she must reluctantly eat, but with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse’s memories. With her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she now solves homicides to quiet the voices in her head. iZOMBIE is based upon characters created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred for Vertigo.
- Teen Titans Go!: Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy and Raven continue the fun in Teen Titans Go! with all-new comedic adventures, giving viewers a look at what life is really like as a teen super hero … once the cape comes off.
WBTV/WBA SERIES SCHEDULE
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional information on panel sessions, signings and other events will be provided as news breaks.
THURSDAY, JULY 24
- 6:00–7:00 p.m. — Childrens Hospital (New episodes in 2015, Adult Swim): Creator and star Rob Corddry will share an exclusive video sneak peek at season six and will be joined onstage by select members of the show’s cast for a lively — and medically accurate — Q&A. Room 25ABC
FRIDAY, JULY 25
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. — The Big Bang Theory (Mondays 8/7c CBS, season premiere September 22; Thursdays 8/7c CBS beginning October 30): Back by popular demand! The Big Bang Theory writers are back in San Diego and ready to share secrets behind TV’s #1 comedy. Ballroom 20
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. — iZOMBIE (Midseason on The CW): iZOMBIE makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the complete pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars Rose McIver (Once Upon a Time), Malcolm Goodwin (Breakout Kings), newcomer Rahul Kohli and Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill), as well as executive producers Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars) and Diane Ruggiero-Wright (Veronica Mars). Room 6BCF
- 2:30–3:15 p.m. — Mike Tyson Mysteries (Premiering this fall, Adult Swim): In this new animated comedy series, Mike Tyson is taking the fight from the boxing ring to the streets … by solving mysteries! Join us for a first look at this new adult animated series and a can’t-miss panel featuring Mike Tyson, Rachel Ramras (MAD), Jim Rash (Community) and producer Hugh Davidson (The Looney Tunes Show). Indigo Ballroom
- 3:15–4:15 p.m. — The 100 (Wednesdays 9/8c The CW, season premiere October 22): After the stunning events in the season finale, join us for a special video presentation followed by a Q&A with series stars as well as executive producer Jason Rothenberg. Room 6BCF
- 4:15–5:15 p.m. — The Originals (Mondays 8/7c The CW, season premiere October 6): Last season’s top new series on The CW returns to Comic-Con! Join executive producer Julie Plec, co-executive producer Michael Narducci and series stars Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Leah Pipes and Danielle Campbell for a special video presentation followed by a Q&A. Ballroom 20
- 5:30–6:30 p.m. — Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c The CW, season premiere October 8): Arrow series stars Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne and John Barrowman — with executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg — will take aim at San Diego with a special video presentation and panel discussion previewing the show’s upcoming and highly-anticipated third season. Ballroom 20
SATURDAY, JULY 26
- 4:00–4:45 p.m. — The Vampire Diaries (Thursdays 8/7c The CW, season premiere October 2): The cast and creative team behind The Vampire Diaries return to San Diego for a sizzling sixth appearance at Comic-Con! Series stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder and Kat Graham join executive producer/writer Julie Plec on stage for a video screening and Q&A session. Ballroom 20
- 5:15–6:15 p.m. — Constantine (Fridays 10/9c NBC, series premiere October 24): Based upon the characters from DC Comics, Constantine reflects the lore of the fan-favorite comic, combining noirish storytelling with the evolving mythology of John Constantine, a morally challenged character who doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil … but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond. Attendees will see a screening of the complete pilot, followed by a Q&A with series stars Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior), Harold Perrineau (Lost) and Charles Halford (True Detective), along with executive producers Daniel Cerone (Dexter) and David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, The Dark Knight films). Room 6BCF
- 6:15–7:00 p.m. — Person of Interest (Tuesdays 10/9c CBS, season premiere September 23): The smash hit Person of Interest returns to San Diego for the fourth year! Join executive producer Greg Plageman along with series stars for a special video presentation and Q&A. Room 6BCF
- 8:00–11:00 p.m. — Warner Bros. Television & DC Entertainment Present: The Flash, Constantine, Arrow and the World Premiere of Gotham with Special Appearances by Casts and Producers: For the first time ever at Comic-Con, Warner Bros. Television presents an entire evening filled with some of DC Entertainment’s greatest characters, featuring the world premiere pilot screening — and only Comic-Con screening — of the highly anticipated new series Gotham (Mondays this fall, 8/7c on FOX). The much-buzzed about pilot of The Flash will also be screened — if you can catch it — along with exclusive video presentations of returning hit Arrow and new thriller Constantine. Cast members and producers from all four shows will make special appearances on stage throughout the night. Hall H
SUNDAY, JULY 27
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. — Supernatural (Tuesdays 9/8c The CW, Season Premiere October 7): Join series stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Mark A. Sheppard, along with executive producer Jeremy Carver as they answer questions from the audience about what’s in store for the tenth season of this exciting series, including its upcoming 200th episode! Fans will also be treated to an exclusive video presentation featuring series highlights, and special features from the upcoming Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season DVD and Blu-ray™ release. Hall H
- 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. — The Following (Midseason on FOX): Hit thriller The Following returns to Comic-Con for a third year! Series stars Kevin Bacon, Shawn Ashmore, Sam Underwood and Jessica Stroup will join creator/executive producer Kevin Williamson and executive producers Marcos Siega and Jennifer Johnson for an on-stage Q&A and special video presentation. Hall H
- 11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m. — Teen Titans Go! (Thursdays 6/5c Cartoon Network): Find out what’s in store for Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Raven — or just throw a meatball party with your friends! The Teen Titans are back at it again with all-new comedic adventures and, after screening a brand-new episode, there will be a Q&A with producers Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD) and members of the voice cast. Plus, making a special appearance at the panel will be Puffy AmiYumi, the Japanese pop duo responsible for the iconic theme song from the original Teen Titans series. Room 6BCF
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND DC ENTERTAINMENT JOIN FORCES TO PRESENT THE FIRST EVER WBTV/DC ENTERTAINMENT SATURDAY NIGHT, FEATURING THE WORLD PREMIERE OF GOTHAM AND MUCH MORE ON SATURDAY, JULY 26 AT COMIC-CON 2014
DC Comics Fans Get Ready for the Only Comic-Con Screening of Gotham, a Complete Pilot Screening of The Flash, Plus Exclusive Footage From Constantine and Season Three of Arrow
BURBANK, Calif. (June 30, 2014) — Get ready for a spectacular Saturday night at Comic-Con 2014, courtesy of Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and DC Entertainment (DCE). For the first time ever at SDCC, WBTV and DCE will present a three-hour special event on Saturday night, July 26, designed specifically for DC Comics fans and featuring some of DC Comics’ greatest characters. Kicking off the exclusive evening is the world premiere public screening of the highly anticipated new drama series Gotham (the only screening of Gotham at this year’s Comic-Con), followed by a screening of the complete pilot of new action-drama The Flash, and exclusive video presentations from returning hit Arrow and new thriller Constantine. Cast members and producers from all four shows will make special appearances throughout the night.
- Gotham World Premiere: For the first time ever, DC Comics fans will enter the dangerous and compelling world of Gotham with a screening of the pilot episode, followed by an appearance by the cast and producers.
- The Flash Pilot Screening: Following a full-length screening of The Flash pilot, cast and producers will stop running long enough to take the stage.
- Constantine Exclusive Footage: The enigmatic John Constantine makes his television debut at Comic-Con with footage from the upcoming series, and fans will be treated to a visit from the cast and creative team.
- Arrow Season Three: Arrow returns to Comic-Con with never-before-seen teaser footage from the upcoming third season followed by cast and producers taking on fans’ most pointed questions.
Additional WBTV Comic-Con 2014 panels will be announced in the near future. For additional information about WBTV activities at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv and join in the conversation by using hashtag #WBSDCC, or visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
Before there was Batman, there was Gotham. The origin story of some of DC Comics greatest Super-Villains and vigilantes, this one hour drama follows Detective Jim Gordon’s rise to power in a dangerously corrupt city that would spawn iconic characters such as The Penguin, Catwoman, The Riddler and a young Bruce Wayne. Airing Mondays at 8/7c this fall on FOX, Gotham stars Ben McKenzie (Southland), Donal Logue (Vikings), Sean Pertwee (Elementary), Robin Lord Taylor (The Walking Dead), Erin Richards (Being Human), David Mazouz (Touch), Camren Bicondova, Zabryna Guevara (Burn Notice), Cory Michael Smith (Camp X-Ray), Victoria Cartagena (The Good Wife), Andrew Stewart-Jones (Person of Interest) and Jada Pinkett Smith (The Matrix films). Bruno Heller (The Mentalist, Rome) wrote the Gotham pilot, which was directed by Danny Cannon (Nikita). Heller, Cannon and John Stephens (Gossip Girl) are executive producers of the series, which is based on the characters from DC Comics and is a production of Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GOTHAMonFOX, and follow the show on Twitter at @Gotham.
About The Flash
This lightning-paced super hero drama follows the high-speed adventures of the Fastest Man Alive. After an unexpected accident with a Particle Accelerator, police scientist and everyday guy Barry Allen finds himself suddenly charged with the ability to move at incredible speeds, which he uses to help the people of Central City. Premiering October 7 and airing Tuesdays at 8/7c on The CW, The Flash stars Grant Gustin (Arrow, Glee), Candice Patton (The Game), Rick Cosnett (The Vampire Diaries), Danielle Panabaker (Friday the 13th), Carlos Valdes, with Tom Cavanagh (Ed, Scrubs) and Jesse L. Martin (Law & Order). John Wesley Shipp (The Flash ) guest stars. Greg Berlanti (Arrow, Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Arrow, Fringe) and DC Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns wrote The Flash pilot, which was directed by David Nutter (Arrow, Game of Thrones, Smallville). Berlanti, Kreisberg, Nutter and Sarah Schechter (upcoming Peter Pan feature film) are executive producers of The Flash, which is based upon the characters from DC Comics and is produced by Bonanza Productions, Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan of The Flash on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CWTheFlash, and follow the show on Twitter at @CW_TheFlash.
John Constantine is a man waging war against the forces of darkness — from both within himself and the outside world. An irreverent con-man and occult expert, he doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil…but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond. Premiering October 24, Constantine will air Fridays at 10/9c on NBC and stars Matt Ryan (The Tudors) as John Constantine, Charles Halford (True Detective) as Chas and Harold Perrineau (Lost) as Manny. Based on the characters from DC Comics and produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, Constantine is executive produced by Daniel Cerone (Dexter, The Mentalist) and David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight trilogy). Neil Marshall (The Descent) directed the pilot from a teleplay by Cerone and story by Cerone & Goyer. Become a fan of Constantine at www.facebook.com/Constantine and follow the show on Twitter at @NBCConstantine.
After being gone for five years, during which time he suffered unimaginable ordeals, billionaire Oliver Queen returned home to Starling City with a mysterious agenda and a new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime in this hard-hitting action series. Returning for its third season October 8, Arrow airs Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW. Starring Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Willa Holland, Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, with John Barrowman and Paul Blackthorne, Arrow was developed and is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg. Based upon the characters from DC Comics, Arrow is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CWArrow, and follow the show on Twitter at @CW_Arrow.
Matt Smith wanders the floor of SDCC in a Simpsons mask, stuntmen make a daring rescue, the WB shows off a lot of videos, and lots more in the latest SDCC Digest.
KEVIN ALEJANDRO AND MICHAEL JAI WHITE WILL GUEST STAR AS DC COMICS CHARACTERS SEBASTIAN BLOOD AND BRONZE TIGER IN ARROW’S SECOND SEASON
Both Will Go Head-to-Head Against Stephen Amell’s Hooded Vigilante When Arrow Returns October 9
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — Oliver Queen (series star Stephen Amell) will have his work cut out for him when he returns to Starling City on October 9 for the second season of The CW’s #1 series Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c). At today’s Comic-Con panel session in Ballroom 20, fans learned of two new DC Comics characters coming to Starling City — Bronze Tiger and Sebastian Blood. Executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg revealed that Michael Jai White (Spawn, The Dark Knight, Mortal Kombat) will guest star as Bronze Tiger, while Kevin Alejandro (Southland, True Blood, Golden Boy) will appear as Sebastian Blood in upcoming episodes of the acclaimed action drama’s second season (airdates to be announced).
- Michael Jai White plays Ben Turner, a claw-wielding assassin better known as Bronze Tiger, who’s well known to DC Comics fans as a member of both the League of Assassins and the Suicide Squad. On Arrow, he’ll form an unholy alliance with fan-favorite villain China White (played by Kelly Hu), another well-established character in the DC Comics universe.
- Kevin Alejandro plays Sebastian Blood. Drawing inspiration from the iconic New Teen Titans nemesis Brother Blood, Sebastian is an alderman who rises to power in the wake of the earthquake that devastated Starling City in Arrow’s first-season finale. Blood’s “man-of-the-people” popularity instantly places him at odds with Oliver Queen, whose family he blames for the quake.
- In terms of embracing their dark side, Michael Jai White appeared in The Dark Knight with Heath Ledger’s Joker, voiced DC Comics villain Doomsday in the animated Justice League and portrayed the hell-bound title character in New Line Cinema’s Spawn. Kevin Alejandro, on the other hand, is better known for playing cops and detectives (Southland, Golden Boy), but recently his character paid the ultimate price for practicing witchcraft in his role as Jesus Velasquez in True Blood.
- Based upon characters published by DC Comics, Arrow is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Guggenheim and Kreisberg. The series is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television
AMY ACKER TAKES “ROOT” AS A SERIES REGULAR IN SEASON THREE OF PERSON OF INTEREST
EXEC. PRODUCERS NOLAN & PLAGEMAN RELEASE NEW SEASON INTEL AT COMIC-CON!
POI Fans May Find Their Face in Upcoming Episodes via a New Social Photo Opportunity Launching for Season 3
BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — With the Machine gone missing and cybervillain Root on the loose at the end of season two, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to get decent intel on Person of Interest, which returns for a third season September 24 on a new day and time: Tuesdays at 10/9c on CBS. Fortunately, fans of the hit surveillance drama from Warner Bros. Television and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions were given the inside track by executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman today at the show’s packed Comic-Con panel.
Details on the breaking news below:
ACKER TAKES ROOT
- The minds behind the Machine (Nolan & Plageman) announced that fan-favorite recurring guest star Amy Acker has been promoted to series regular for the upcoming third season, starring as Root, the Machiavellian cyber-hacker.
- First introduced in season one as a foil for Finch and last seen in a mental institution, the conflicted cyber-terrorist Root will stop at nothing to find the Machine and set it free.
- Acker previously appeared in J.J. Abrams’ Alias and Joss Whedon’s Angel, and she stars in Whedon’s acclaimed feature film Much Ado About Nothing.
WANT TO BECOME THE NEXT “PERSON OF INTEREST”?
Nolan and Plageman also hinted that fans should keep an eye on the Person of Interest Facebook page in the coming weeks. Here’s why:
- Warner Bros. Television and CBS are launching the Person of Interest Social Photo Opportunity, which will give the show’s fans on Facebook the ability to submit photos for a chance to become a “person of interest” at some point during season three.
- Currently in development and expected to launch prior to the debut of season three, the POI Social Photo Opportunity will allow fans to submit personal photos through Facebook, with the possibility of their image being included in the show during an upcoming episode.
- For more information on the chance to become a “person of interest,” fans should “Like” the Person of Interest Facebook page at www.facebook.com/
PersonOfInterestCBS and stay tuned for details — which will be released in the coming weeks — on when and how to submit images.
- When the POI Social Photo Opportunity Facebook app launches, fans will then be able to submit an image from their own Facebook account, add effects and then upload it to a database. POI producers will then select photos for use during upcoming episodes of the show, with new images appearing throughout the entire third season. Photos could appear at any time … in any place … in any episode.
The first two seasons of Person of Interest are available now for digital download (in standard and high definition) through all online retailers, includingiTunes and Amazon Instant Video. Additionally, the complete second season of Person of Interest will be available on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD on September 3, 2013.
REVOLUTION DIGITAL CARDS DEBUT AT COMIC-CON®
REVOLUTION FANS “FLOCK TO UNLOCK” NEW SERIES OF DC COMICS DIGITAL CHARACTER CARDS AT HIT SHOW’S COMIC-CON 2013 SESSION
Miles Matheson Character Profile Is First to Be Revealed by Show Creator/Executive Producer Eric Kripke
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — Revolution’s resident anti-militia rebel Miles Matheson has been freed from digital lockdown in today’s packed Comic-Con panel session! Warner Bros. Worldwide TV Marketing, DC Entertainment and NBC have teamed up to create a series of seven original digital trading cards — one for each of Revolution’s series regulars — that can be unlocked when fans tweet the #RevolutionCon hashtag. After more than 1,500 attendees at the Revolution Comic-Con panel tweeted while using the designated #RevolutionCon hashtag, the first card (for Miles Matheson) was revealed in the room by show creator/executive producer Eric Kripke. Subsequent cards will be revealed as fans continue hitting further social media thresholds.
- Created by a DC Comics artist in conjunction with Revolution producers, each profile card features an illustrated graphic of each of the seven series regulars — Miles Matheson (Billy Burke), Tom Neville (Giancarlo Esposito), Jason Neville (JD Pardo), Sebastian Monroe (David Lyons), Aaron Pittman (Zak Orth), Rachel Matheson (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos) — as well as a brief summary of the characters.
- In addition to the original illustration and overview of the characters’ journeys, each card contains a hidden letter which, when combined with the hidden letters on the other cards, reveals a written clue about the show’s second season. Fans must collect all seven to unlock the hidden message.
- The cards were unveiled to the Revolution fandom at the show’s Comic-Con panel session on Saturday afternoon. Soon after introducing the “Flock to Unlock” initiative and a collective call to action, members of the audience began tweeting en masse to the #RevolutionCon hashtag, prompting the release of the first digital profile (Miles Matheson).
- Upon reaching announced Twitter thresholds for each subsequent character, the remaining cards will be released on Revolution’s Facebook,Twitter and Tumblr pages throughout the weekend and into next week, as fans continue tweeting. As each of the cards is unveiled, fans can find the hidden letters, leading to the season two message. After being unlocked, all of these digital profiles will live on an NBC.com microsite at www.nbc.com/revolution/cards, with links to the Revolution show homepage at www.nbc.com/revolution.
NBC’s #1 scripted television series returns for its second season on Sept. 25, airing on a new day and time: Wednesdays at 8/7c. Starring Billy Burke (Twilight movies), Tracy Spiridakos (Being Human), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Zak Orth (Melinda and Melinda), David Lyons (ER), JD Pardo (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2) and Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost), Revolution was created by Eric Kripke (Supernatural) and is executive produced by Kripke, J.J. Abrams (Lost, Fringe, Person of Interest), Bryan Burk (Lost, Fringe, Person of Interest), Rockne S. O’Bannon (Defiance, V) and Jon Favreau (Iron Man movies).
From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television, Revolution is an epic adventure that follows a family’s struggle to reunite in a post-apocalyptic American landscape where every piece of technology had mysteriously blacked out worldwide. Setting in motion a swashbuckling journey that led to the reason the lights went out, the season one finale found the show’s heroes at the Tower and the switch to turn the lights back on — but the mystery of the blackout is just the beginning.
Become a fan of the show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Revolution and follow the show on Twitter at @NBCRevolution. For additional information about Warner Bros. Television activities at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC) and visitwww.thewb.com/comiccon.