WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GIVES ONE LUCKY FAN A TRIP TO F#@&ING SPACE!! AT THE BIG BANG THEORY COMIC-CON 2012 PANEL
The Ultimate Prize was the Con’s Utmost Surprise as One of The Big Bang Theory’s Biggest Fans Gets an Out-of-This-World Experience From Warner Bros. Television and XCOR Aerospace!
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 13, 2012) — In what will certainly go down as the ultimate Comic-Con giveaway, Warner Bros. Television awarded one lucky fan of The Big Bang Theory a truly out-of-this-world trip … INTO SPACE aboard XCOR Aerospace’s Lynx RLV(Reusable Launch Vehicle) at the show’s panel session in Hall H at Comic-Con: International San Diego today, Friday, July 13, 2012.
To see photos of the unbelievable winning moment as XCOR Chief Test Pilot/former NASA Astronaut Richard Searfoss announces the trip and lucky winner — Mercedes Becerra of Paso Robles, Calif. — during a surprise appearance at The Big Bang Theory’s Comic-Con panel today in Hall H, please click here: http://bit.ly/LPg04n
- Additional photos of Becerra with the cast and producers of The Big Bang Theory during and after the show’s panel session will be added to that same link throughout the day.
“The fifth season finale episode of The Big Bang Theory proved to be an unexpectedly emotional experience for all of us working on the show. The idea that one man’s journey into space had the power to bond his friends together was somehow deeply touching,” said co-creator/executive producer Chuck Lorre. “And now, everyone — cast, crew and the millions of fans of the show — can gather together and experience that same wonderful bond when we watch one lucky fan take an actual trip into space, courtesy of XCOR. We are so proud and grateful to be part of this adventure: The Big Bang Theory, boldly going where no sitcom has gone before!”
“I guess you can say we are over the moon that we were able to give away a trip to space to aBig Bang Theory fan,” chuckled Lisa Gregorian, Chief Marketing Officer, Warner Bros. Television Group. “We’re so incredibly grateful to our fans for all their support and the love the show has received over the past five Cons. We wanted to deliver something special and, as fans ourselves, we thought taking a trip to space like Howard Wolowitz would be amazing and literally out of this world.”
“We couldn’t be more excited to be working with Warner Bros. Television and The Big Bang Theory to give this amazing opportunity to one of the show’s biggest fans,” said Andrew Nelson, Chief Operating Officer, XCOR. “At XCOR, we’re all about dreaming big and making the seemingly impossible a reality, and it’s so gratifying to work with partners with similar vision. As fans of The Big Bang Theoryourselves, how could we not say ‘yes’ when we got the call?”
Here’s the backstory:
- In The Big Bang Theory’s season five finale, Caltech engineer Howard Wolowitz (series star Simon Helberg) is launched into space aboard a Russian Soyuz space capsule.
- During the show’s Comic-Con panel session, Helberg was asked whether he would ever entertain a visit to space. When XCOR’s Searfoss, in a surprise appearance, offered the very real opportunity to actually take a trip outside the earth’s atmosphere on their suborbital spacecraft, series co-creator/executive producer Chuck Lorre suggested it be given to one of the show’s fans in attendance.
- The lucky fan holding the golden ticket was Mercedes Becerra of Paso Robles, Calif.
- Simulation video:
For the first time ever, The Big Bang Theory Comic-Con panel was held in Hall H. Executive producers Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady and Steven Molaro joined stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons (via satellite), Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch for a lively Q&A session with fans. Returning September 27 for its sixth season, The Big Bang Theoryairs on Thursdays at 8/7c on CBS. Warner Home Video will release The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fifth Season on Blu-ray™ and DVD September 11.
About XCOR Aerospace Located in Mojave, California, XCOR Aerospace is in the business of developing and producing safe, reliable and reusable rocket powered vehicles, propulsion systems, advanced non-flammable composites and other enabling technologies. XCOR is working with aerospace prime contractors and government customers on major propulsion systems, and concurrently building the Lynx, a piloted, two-seat, fully reusable, liquid rocket powered vehicle that takes off and lands horizontally. The Lynx-family of vehicles serves three primary missions depending on their specific type including: research & scientific missions, private spaceflight, and micro satellite launch (only on the Lynx Mark III). The Lynx production models (designated Lynx Mark II) are designed to be robust, multi-mission (research / scientific or private spaceflight) commercial vehicles capable of flying to 100+ km in altitude up to four times per day and are being offered on a wet lease basis. www.xcor.com
COMIC-CON’S MUST-HAVE ACCESSORY IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!
WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT AND COMIC-CON RETEAM TO DISTRIBUTE OFFICIAL BAG OF COMIC-CON® INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO
For the Third Consecutive Year, Fans Checking in at the Con Will Receive a Warner Bros.–Designed Collectible Bag Highlighting One of the Following Titles:
TV’s Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, DC Nation, Fringe, Supernatural or The Vampire Diaries; Feature Films Man of Steel or Pacific Rim
BURBANK, Calif. (July 9, 2012) — Warner Bros. Entertainment will again sponsor the official bag ofComic-Con International: San Diego 2012, the Studio announced today. By joining forces with Comic-Con for the third consecutive year, Warner Bros. will give each fan attending the Con an unforgettable keepsake from the world’s leading pop culture convention.
- Over 130,000 of the oversized 24”x29” bags — which have been called Comic-Con’s “ubiquitous accessory” by Entertainment Weekly and “a must have” by Deadline Hollywood— have been produced and will be provided to Comic-Con attendees as they check in to the convention.
- The 2012 edition will be a messenger-style bag with shoulder strap and, of course, a poster-protecting pocket.
- Designed by Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing, the bags feature double-sided artwork. Each will have the all-new Comic-Con 2012 official design on one side, with the other highlighting Warner Bros. titles, including TV series — live-action and animated — from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation, and upcoming theatrical features from Warner Bros. Pictures.
- The featured TV titles are Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, DC Nation, Fringe, Supernatural andThe Vampire Diaries, along with motion pictures Man of Steel and Pacific Rim
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visitwww.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC). For official information about Comic-Con 2012, visit www.comic-con.org and follow Comic-Con on Twitter @Comic_Con.
More About Warner Bros.’ Comic-Con Bags
Created annually since 2006 by the Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing unit specifically for Comic-Con, the highly sought-after totes provide devoted fans with a handy carrying case for all the merchandise they take away from the Con — and serve as mobile billboards for a selection of the Studio’s key Comic-Con titles
Warner Bros. Wants to Give You Something “Extra” for SDCC 2012 with a Free Outdoor Festival and All 6 Batmobiles
GO BEYOND THE CON!
WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS “EXTRA AT COMIC-CON®”
Free Outdoor Entertainment Festival During Comic-Con Brings Batmobiles, the Extra Stage and More to Fans
BURBANK, Calif. (July 2, 2012) — For the first time ever, Warner Bros. Entertainment will present Extra at Comic-Con®, a free outdoor entertainment festival happening in San Diego’s Bayfront Park July 12–14 during Comic-Con International: San Diego. Bayfront Park is located between the San Diego Convention Center and the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel.
- Located just steps from the Convention Center, Extra at Comic-Con will be a live, multi-day entertainment experience capturing all the excitement of the Studio’s fan-facing properties: FromThe Lord of the Rings to the DC Universe, they’re all here!
“Everyone at Warner Bros. Television approaches Comic-Con as a fan-first experience. It’s in our DNA, with everything we do — from panels to signings to our bags, posters and more — carefully curated with our fans in mind,” said Lisa Gregorian, Chief Marketing Officer, Warner Bros. Television Group. “With the Extra at Comic-Con space, we have created a free and fun outdoor entertainment destination for fans. In addition to having all the Batmobiles on display and game demos, we will be hosting interviews throughout the day on the Extra stage, as well as evening and night events such as screenings and live comedy and musical performances after the convention floor closes for the day. It’s additive to the experience of being at the Con.”
Extra at Comic-Con attractions include:
THE EXTRA STAGE
The centerpiece of this 60,000-square-foot outdoor entertainment event is the Extra stage. Featuring Q&As, live performances, screenings and talent interviews presented by the long-running hit TV entertainment magazine Extra, the stage will be a constant — and free — place for fans to go beyond the Con.
- Stars from The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, The Vampire Diaries and more will appear live on theExtra stage to tape interviews with Extra’s on-camera hosts
- Warner Bros. will also distribute the studio’s Comic-Con special edition of TV Guide Magazine — with four sets of collectible flip covers featuring the casts of The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries — at the Extra stage
- A full live event schedule will be posted at the Extra stage and online at www.thewb.com/comiccon
ALL SIX BATMOBILES!
On display in “The Batcave”: all six Batmobiles from television and film! For the first time ever, Comic-Con fans will have the opportunity to see all of Batman’s iconic onscreen vehicles live and in person, from Adam West’s 1955 Lincoln Futura to the Tumbler from The Dark Knight trilogy.
- Adam West’s 1955 Lincoln Futura. Designed by George Barris, this original Batmobile was featured in the cult classic television series and 1966’s Batman, the Movie.
- Michael Keaton’s Batmobile from 1989’s Batman and 1992’s Batman Returns. Sleek and powerful with a central turbine, the vehicles’ slightly retro design followed Tim Burton’s art deco look of the films.
- Revamped for Joel Schumacher’s 1995 Batman Forever, with bat-lighting and extended fins, Val Kilmer’s hot rod had the ability to drive up walls.
- Schumacher updated the Batmobile once again for George Clooney in 1997’s Batman & Robin.At 33 feet long and a top speed of 350 mph with afterburner thrust, this was the largest and fastest Batmobile on the road.
- The Tumbler designed for Christopher Nolan’s 2005 Batman Begins and 2008’s The Dark Knightis the prototype military vehicle designed by the character Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman).
- The unveiling of the replacement Camouflage Tumbler, to be seen in 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises, in theaters and IMAX July 20.
THE LORD OF THE RINGS VIDEO GAME SHOWCASE
With anticipation mounting for Warner Bros. Pictures’ December 14, 2012, release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey motion picture, directed by Peter Jackson and a production of New Line Cinema and MGM, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is showcasing two upcoming games set in Middle-earth.
- Fans can play hands-on with new video game Guardians of Middle-earth as characters including Gandalf, Sauron, Gollum, Thrain, Galadriel, Legolas and many more. This new multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game allows up to 10 players to engage in competitive matches. The game includes tie-ins with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey film. Tournaments will take place each evening, with prizes including custom-painted video game console systems and high-end gaming audio gear.
- LEGO® The Lord of the Rings: 3D Street Art. From the creative minds at Planet Streetpainting comes a one-of-a-kind, LEGO The Lord of the Rings–inspired 3D street art design that will be created and on display for fans of all ages over the course of three days, July 13–15. Stop by each day and watch the artwork unfold!
THE COMIC-CON SUPERTEAM REUNITES!
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND TV GUIDE MAGAZINE DELIVER THE ULTIMATE COMIC-CON® COLLECTIBLE FOR THIRD YEAR IN A ROW: A WARNER BROS.–THEMED SPECIAL EDITION OF THE MAGAZINE
Collect All Four Sets of “Flip” Covers Featuring The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries
Magazine to Be Distributed at the Warner Bros. Booth in San Diego; On Sale at Newsstands and on NOOK Beginning July 17
BURBANK, Calif. (July 2, 2012) — TV powerhouses Warner Bros. Television and TV Guide Magazinehave renewed their super alliance to deliver fans the ultimate must-have Comic-Con item for the third year in a row: a Warner Bros.–themed Comic-Con special edition of the magazine, featuring programming from the Studio and four sets of collectible “flip” covers starring the casts of The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries on both front and back.
For an advance look at the four — or is that eight? — “flip” covers, click here to download: http://bit.ly/MdKoV7
- The Warner Bros. TV Guide Magazine special issues will be distributed at the Warner Bros. booth — #4545 on the convention floor — throughout Comic-Con, beginning on preview night, Wednesday, July 11, and continuing through Sunday, July 15.
- For those unable to attend Comic-Con in person, all four sets of collectible “flip” covers will be on sale from July 17 at newsstands wherever TV Guide Magazine is sold. And for the first time, the special issue will also be available for purchase on the NOOK by Barnes and Noble.
In addition to sections on the four cover shows, the 88-page issue is packed with features and photos dedicated to the following programs:
- Previews of WBTV’s highly anticipated new series 666 Park Avenue (starring Lost’s Terry O’Quinn and Vanessa Williams), Arrow (featuring Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen), Cult (from the executive producers of Farscape and Chuck), The Following (from The Vampire Diaries’ Kevin Williamson, starring Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy) and Revolution (from executive producer J.J. Abrams, Supernatural’s Eric Kripke and Iron Man’s Jon Favreau)
- Warner Bros. Animation’s hit series MAD and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, as well as the action-packed DC Nation block on Cartoon Network, featuring current programs Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice: Invasion, as well as original animated shorts and upcoming shows Beware The Batman and Teen Titans Go!
And that’s not quite all, folks! There’s more, including:
- A sketch-by-sketch guide to drawing Bugs Bunny from The Looney Tunes Show, by character designer Jessica Borutski
- A Justice League foldout poster as drawn by bestselling artist and DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee.
- An exclusive preview of MAD Magazine’s unique take on The Dark Knight Rises as drawn by the renowned Sergio Aragones
- An in-depth look at the new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe comic book series written by James Robinson, with artwork by Philip Tan
- The hottest photos from the TV Guide Magazine yacht and photo booth at Comic-Con 2011
- The ultimate Comic-Con survival guide, with tips from stars of The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries, among others
- Comic-Con Couture: how two inspired designers turn Warner Bros.’ Comic-Con bags into the Con’s biggest fashion statements
- And much more…
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom(hashtag #WBSDCC) and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon. And follow TV Guide Magazine on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TVGuideMagazine and on Twitter @TVGuideMagazine.
Warner Bros. Explains Wristband System for SDCC 2012; Autograph Signings for Fringe, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Etc.
FAN ADVISORY: CHANGES TO AUTOGRAPH TICKET SYSTEM FOR WARNER BROS. SIGNINGS AT COMIC-CON 2012
Warner Bros. Entertainment Announces Comic-Con Autograph Signings for Nearly 20 Series, Including The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and HBO’s Game of Thrones, Among Others
New This Year: Ticket Drawings and Wristband Distributions to Begin in the Morning on the Day of Signings in the Sails Pavilion, Utilizing One Line for All Ticket Drawings for All Signings
BURBANK, Calif. (June 28, 2012) — Comic-Con and Warner Bros. announced today that the Studio will once again follow the official Comic-Con® International: San Diego ticket distribution system for autograph signings at Comic-Con 2012, with the Con implementing a new procedure for 2012. The Studio will present more than 20 signings at the booth this year, including TV and digital series, as well as motion pictures (see current signing dates below).
- All signings will be held at the Warner Bros. booth, #4545 on the Comic-Con exhibition floor
- For the second straight year, Warner Bros. will distribute wristbands for signings via daily ticket drawings held at the Sails Pavilion inside the San Diego Convention Center, under the long-standing Comic-Con system
NEW FOR THIS YEAR
- For 2012, the following modifications will be in effect for the wristband line procedure:
- All ticket drawings and wristband distributions for all signings will begin in the morning of the day of the specific signing, when the Sails Pavilion opens to attendees. Badged Comic-Con members can begin lining up as soon as the Sails Pavilion area opens to attendees. The ticket drawings will begin at 8:00 a.m. or shortly thereafter.
- All of the drawings for all signings will now take place in one line on the morning of the signing
- Advisory to fans and attendees: Lines will likely be much longer this year, and we appreciate your patience and understanding
“We look forward to Warner Bros.’ participation again at Comic-Con,” said David Glanzer, director of marketing and public relations for Comic-Con International. “The line-up of shows and talent is something we and the fans look forward to each year, and this year’s schedule seems to be the best yet!”
Here’s how it works:
- Fans identify the signing they want to attend
- On the morning of the day of the signing they hope to attend, fans should arrive at the Sails Pavilion floor (between Ballroom 20 and Rooms 6A, 6BCF and 6DE) in the morning
- Ticket distribution for Comic-Con’s random draw will begin when the Sails Pavilion opens to attendees. Badged Comic-Con members can begin lining up as soon as the Sails Pavilion area opens. The ticket drawings will begin at 8:00 a.m. or shortly thereafter.
- A limited number of wristbands will be available for each signing, via Comic-Con’s random draw process
- There will be one line for all drawings and signings. We appreciate your patience!
- The random drawing will determine which fans receive wristbands granting access to each autograph line
- Fans who obtain wristbands should arrive at the Warner Bros. booth 30 minutes before the signing to line up
See below for the current signing dates for TV and digital series. The feature film signings will be announced at a later date.
All signings are at the Warner Bros. booth #4545.
DISCLAIMER: Autograph session information is subject to change. For the most up-to-date signing information, please check for updates at the Warner Bros. Booth (#4545) during Comic-Con or atwww.thewb.com/comiccon.
THURSDAY, JULY 12
- MAD Autograph Signing
FRIDAY, JULY 13
- The Big Bang Theory Autograph Signing
- Cult Autograph Signing
- Arrow Autograph Signing
- 666 Park Avenue Autograph Signing
- H+ Autograph Signing
- HBO’s Game of Thrones Autograph Signing
- Childrens Hospital Autograph Signing
- Nikita Autograph Signing
SATURDAY, JULY 14
- Fringe Autograph Signing
- The Following Autograph Signing
- Revolution Autograph Signing
- The Vampire Diaries Autograph Signing
- Person of Interest Autograph Signing
- HBO’s True Blood Autograph Signing
SUNDAY, JULY 15
- Supernatural Autograph Signing
- DC Nation Autograph Signing
WARNER BROS. KEYS UP THE EXCITEMENT AT COMIC-CON 2012
Studio Creating Over 40,000 Limited-Edition Collectible Hotel Keycards for New TV Series 666 Park Avenue, Arrow and Revolution
BURBANK, Calif. (June 18, 2012) — Warner Bros. Entertainment is the key to excitement at Comic-Con! The Studio has once again created a set of limited-edition collectible hotel keycards, which will be in use at top hotels throughout the San Diego area during Comic-Con 2012. This marks the fifth consecutive year for the popular room key program, giving fans instant access to a usable — and collectible — piece of artwork.
Over 40,000 branded room keys will be available to fans at 38 participating San Diego–area hotels, courtesy of Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing.
For Comic-Con 2012, Warner Bros. has created all-new keycards for three of the Studio’s highly anticipated new fall series:
- The 666 Park Avenue keycard grants access to anything you desire — as long as it’s inside your room
- The Arrow keycard features star Stephen Amell as the Arrow in an all-new in-character photo
- The Revolution keycard opens hotel doors every time — no blackout here!
About the series:
- 666 Park Avenue: Anything you desire can be yours … for a price. Lost’s Terry O’Quinn andDesperate Housewives’ Vanessa Williams headline this scary, seductive drama from Alloy Entertainment as the owners of a Manhattan apartment building who recruit an idealistic young couple to manage the historic site with a dark history. The series also stars Rachael Taylor (Charlie’s Angels), Dave Annable (Brothers & Sisters), Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill), Mercedes Masohn (The Finder), Helena Mattsson (Iron Man 2) and Samantha Logan (Law & Order: SVU). Matthew Miller (Chuck), David Wilcox (Fringe), Leslie Morgenstein (The Vampire Diaries), Gina Girolamo (The Secret Circle) and Alex Graves (Fringe) are the executive producers. Based upon the book series by Gabriella Pierce and from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Alloy Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television, 666 Park Avenue will air Sundays at 10/9c on ABC this fall. Watch the full-length pilot at Warner Bros. Television’s Preview Night screening at Comic-Con on Wednesday, July 11, or during the 666 Park Avenue session on Friday, July 13.
- Arrow: From executive producers Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville), hard-hitting action seriesArrow reinvents the DC Comics hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and a very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime. The series stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice), Colin Donnell (Pan Am), Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), David Ramsey (Dexter), Willa Holland (The O.C.) with Susanna Thompson (Dragonfly) and Paul Blackthorne (The River). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Arrow is based upon characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics and will air Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW this fall. Watch the full-length pilot at Warner Bros. Television’s Preview Night screening at Comic-Con on Wednesday, July 11, or during the Arrow session on Friday, July 13.
- Revolution: What would you do without it all? In Revolution, an epic adventure thriller fromSupernatural’s Eric Kripke, J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Iron Man’s Jon Favreau, a family struggles to reunite in a post-apocalyptic landscape of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters where every single piece of technology — phones, computers, cars, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out … forever. Revolution stars Billy Burke (Twilight films), Tracy Spiridakos (Being Human), Anna Lise Phillips (Animal Kingdom), Zak Orth (Wet Hot American Summer), Graham Rogers (Memphis Beat), J.D. Pardo (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), David Lyons (The Cape), Maria Howell (The Vampire Diaries) and Tim Guinee (Iron Man films) and is executive produced by Kripke, J.J. Abrams (Fringe) and Bryan Burk (Fringe). Favreau directed the pilot and will serve as co-executive producer of the series, with Kathy Lingg (Fringe) and producer Athena Wickham (Fringe). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television, Revolution will air Mondays at 10/9c on NBC this fall. Watch the full-length pilot at Warner Bros. Television’s Preview Night screening at Comic-Con on Wednesday, July 11, or during the Revolution session on Saturday, July 14.
WARNER BROS. TO THROW “KEY PARTY” AT COMIC-CON 2011
Studio Creating Nearly 40,000 Limited-Edition Collectible Hotel Keycards for TV Series Alcatraz and Person of Interest, DVD Release of Smallville: The Complete Series, Original New Media Series Mortal Kombat: Legacy and More
Keycard for The Lord of the Rings: War in the North Video Game Provides Registration Details for a Special Comic-Con Event Where Fans Can Experience the Darkness of Middle-earth
BURBANK, Calif. (June 29, 2011) — Warner Bros. Entertainment is throwing a key party at Comic-Con! The Studio has once again created a set of limited-edition collectible hotel keycards, which will be in use at top hotels throughout the San Diego area during the ’Con. This marks the fourth consecutive year for the popular room key program.
Nearly 40,000 branded room keys will be available to fans at 36 participating hotels, courtesy of Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing.
For Comic-Con 2011, Warner Bros. has created all-new keycards for five of the Studio’s series, video games and home entertainment releases, including:
- The upcoming new Warner Bros. Television series Alcatraz and Person of Interest
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group’s DVD release of Smallville: The Complete Series
- The original live-action new media series Mortal Kombat: Legacy, from Warner Premiere and Warner Bros. Digital Distribution
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s The Lord of the Rings: War in the North video game, with instructions on how fans can register to experience a special event at 8 p.m. on Saturday, July 23, at 5th Avenue and J Street in the heart of San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter
- Alcatraz: Executive producers J.J. Abrams (Super 8, Fringe) and Elizabeth Sarnoff (Lost) deliver a chilling new midseason drama for FOX revolving around America’s most infamous prison, the one-time home to the nation’s worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and arsonists. The series stars Sarah Jones (Sons of Anarchy), Jorge Garcia (Lost) and Sam Neill (Jurassic Park). Alcatraz will debut in midseason, airing Mondays 9/8c on FOX.
- Person of Interest: Jim Caviezel (The Thin Red Line), Michael Emerson (Lost) and Taraji P. Henson (Hustle & Flow) team up in this crime action-drama from The Dark Knight’s Jonathan Nolan and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions (Super 8, Fringe). Set in New York City, with all of its multifaceted elements of justice (cops, criminals, corruption), this procedural centers on an ex-CIA agent, presumed dead, who partners with a mysterious billionaire to prevent violent crimes. The series will air Thursdays at 9/8c on CBS this fall.
- Smallville: Warner Bros. Television’s hit series Smallville recently concluded its 10th and final season on The CW, but fans can soon have all 218 episodes — plus five hours of newly added special features, including an all-new 90-minute retrospective — in their collection as Warner Home Video releases Smallville: The Complete Series on DVD this fall.
- Mortal Kombat: Legacy: This original live-action new media series from Warner Premiere and Warner Bros. Digital Distribution is directed by Kevin Tancharoen (Fame); stars Jeri Ryan (Star Trek: Voyager) as Sonya Blade, Michael Jai White (The Dark Knight) as Major Jackson “Jax” Briggs and Darren Shahlavi (300) as Kano; is based on the video game Mortal Kombat, created by Ed Boon; and takes gamers deep into the history of the warriors they know and love. Mortal Kombat: Legacy can be viewed on Machinima.com and will be available for download via iTunes, Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network starting July 18.
- The Lord of the Rings: War in the North: This is an intense, Action RPG video game for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC with an original story based on the renowned works of J.R.R. Tolkien. Up to three gamers can play together or perish as they form their own fellowship to defeat Sauron’s forces in the North of Middle-earth. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment invites Comic-Con fans to a special event at 8 p.m. on Saturday, July 23, at 5th Avenue and J Street in the heart of San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter. Fans can experience Middle-earth like never before and play the new The Lord of the Rings game months before its official release. Beginning on Wednesday, July 20, fans can text WITN to 82257 or log on to warinthenorth.com/comic-con for more details about the event.
For more information about The Lord of the Rings: War in the North and Comic-Con activities, follow@WarInTheNorth and register at www.WarInTheNorth.com. Don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook athttp://www.facebook.com/lotrwitn and register to win a trip for two to New Zealand to visit Hobbiton.
29 DAYS, 23 HOURS, 15 MINUTES AND COUNTING…WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE FOR COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO
Stars and Producers of “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe,” “Nikita,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Alcatraz,” “Person of Interest,” “The Secret Circle,” “Childrens Hospital,” “Green Lantern: The Animated Series,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated,” “ThunderCats” and “Young Justice” To Appear
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s Nearly 3,000-Square-Foot Booth to Host Signings, Special Events, Digitally Driven Fan Giveaways and More
BURBANK, Calif. (June 21, 2011, 10:45 AM PT: 29 days, 23 hours, 15 minutes until #WBSDCC) — The clock is ticking, and Comic-Con is right around the corner! By bringing 16 series to Comic-Con International: San Diego, Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) further strengthens its presence at the world’s leading pop culture convention — and will deliver a one-of-a-kind experience for fans in the process. The anticipation is building as a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series prepare for a robust schedule of panel sessions, screenings, media appearances and autograph signings.
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter@TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
- For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCSocialMedia
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.
- “The Big Bang Theory”: Stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch join creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, and executive producer Steven Molaro
- “Chuck”: Stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin join co-creator/executive producer Chris Fedak for a panel to discuss the fan-favorite spy series’ final season
- “Fringe”: Stars Anna Torv, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman
- “Nikita”: Stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein
- “Supernatural”: Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles will topline the panel, held this year for the first time ever in Hall H. Additional cast members and executive producers to be announced.
- “The Vampire Diaries”: Stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola and Joseph Morgan join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
- “Childrens Hospital”: Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producers Jonathan Stern join stars Malin Akerman, Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel and Megan Mullally
- “Alcatraz”: Stars Sarah Jones and Jorge Garcia join executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff
- “Person of Interest”: Stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson and Taraji P. Henson join executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman
- “The Secret Circle”: Stars Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Phoebe Tonkin and Natasha Henstridge join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson, Andrew Miller and Richard Hatem
WARNER BROS. ANIMATION
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: Executive producer Bruce Timm will join producer Giancarlo Volpe and producer/story editor Jim Krieg for a panel moderated by executive producer/Warner Bros. Animation’s Sam Register
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, story editor Hugh Davidson and writer Rachel Ramras
- “MAD”: “MAD” television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek, along with MADmagazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and “Spy vs. Spy” artist Peter Kuper
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone and producer Mitch Watson
- “ThunderCats”: Producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton
- “Young Justice”: Producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman, and lead character designer Phil Bourassa
Download additional panel details, including the complete schedule with times and locations, here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCPanels
And it wouldn’t be Comic-Con without a visit to the Warner Bros. booth. The Studio will once again have a can’t-miss, nearly 3,000-square-foot destination on the convention floor, at space #4545. Anchored by the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower, the booth is a must-visit location for autograph signings, multiple interactive kiosks for fans to play video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and much, much more. Stay tuned to @TheWBdotcom on Twitter orwww.thewb.com/comiccon in the coming weeks for more details about activities at the booth.
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20 • 6–9 PM • BALLROOM 20
WBTVG continues its Comic-Con tradition of hosting a special sneak peek premiere event on preview night. This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see some of the most anticipated new premieres of the year.
- “Alcatraz”: Executive producers J.J. Abrams and Elizabeth Sarnoff deliver a chilling new midseason drama for FOX revolving around America’s most infamous prison, the one-time home to the nation’s worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and arsonists.
- “The Secret Circle”: The ordinary becomes extraordinary in this romantic drama about a coven of young witches, from “The Vampire Diaries” executive producer Kevin Williamson, based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (“The Vampire Diaries”).
- “Person of Interest”: From J.J. Abrams and “The Dark Knight” co-writer Jonathan Nolan comes an action-packed hour for CBS about an ex-CIA operative and a mysterious billionaire who team up to stop violent crimes before they happen in New York City.
- “Supernatural: The Anime Series”: The popular series “Supernatural” makes history this summer as the first-ever live-action show to be re-imagined in Japanese anime style. Renowned animation studio Madhouse — working with the full approval of series creator Eric Kripke — produced the anime series, which mirrors the story arc of “Supernatural’s” first two seasons, providing supplemental stories ranging from prequels and spin-offs to untold tales that fit within the “Supernatural” mythology.
THE TV SERIES SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, JULY 22
- “MAD”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 25ABC
- “The Big Bang Theory”: 12:30–1:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Childrens Hospital”: 1:30–2:20 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: 2:00–3:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “ThunderCats”: 3:30–4:30 p.m., Room 6A
SATURDAY, JULY 23
- “Chuck”: 10:00–10:45 a.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Vampire Diaries”: 3:30–4:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Fringe”: 4:15–5:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Alcatraz”: 5:00–6:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Secret Circle”: 5:10–6:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Nikita”: 6:00–6:45 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Person of Interest”: 6:45–7:30 p.m., Room 6BCF
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “Young Justice”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 7AB
- “Supernatural”: 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m., Hall H
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: 1:00–2:00 p.m., Room 6A
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: 2:15–3:15 p.m., Room 6A