In addition to the Saturday signing we mentioned before for The Hobbit, Warner Bros. has also scheduled back-t0-back booth signings at the San Diego Comic Con for Man of Steel and Pacific Rim, with the Man of Steel participants still to be decided. The schedule for all three:
THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY (WARNER BROS. PICTURES)
- 11:15 AM–12:00 PM
- Warner Bros. Booth #4545
- Participants: Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Andy Serkis
PACIFIC RIM (WARNER BROS. PICTURES)
- 3:55–4:55 PM
- Warner Bros. Booth #4545
- Participants: Charlie Day, Charlie Hunnam, Rinko Kikuchi, Ron Perlman, Guillermo Del Toro
MAN OF STEEL (WARNER BROS. PICTURES)
- 5:00–5:30 PM
- Warner Bros. Booth #4545
- Participants: TBD
THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY (WARNER BROS. PICTURES)
11:15 AM–12:00 PM Warner Bros. Booth #4545
Participants: Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Andy Serkis
COMIC-CON’S MUST-HAVE ACCESSORY IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!
WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT AND COMIC-CON RETEAM TO DISTRIBUTE OFFICIAL BAG OF COMIC-CON® INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO
For the Third Consecutive Year, Fans Checking in at the Con Will Receive a Warner Bros.–Designed Collectible Bag Highlighting One of the Following Titles:
TV’s Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, DC Nation, Fringe, Supernatural or The Vampire Diaries; Feature Films Man of Steel or Pacific Rim
BURBANK, Calif. (July 9, 2012) — Warner Bros. Entertainment will again sponsor the official bag ofComic-Con International: San Diego 2012, the Studio announced today. By joining forces with Comic-Con for the third consecutive year, Warner Bros. will give each fan attending the Con an unforgettable keepsake from the world’s leading pop culture convention.
- Over 130,000 of the oversized 24”x29” bags — which have been called Comic-Con’s “ubiquitous accessory” by Entertainment Weekly and “a must have” by Deadline Hollywood— have been produced and will be provided to Comic-Con attendees as they check in to the convention.
- The 2012 edition will be a messenger-style bag with shoulder strap and, of course, a poster-protecting pocket.
- Designed by Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing, the bags feature double-sided artwork. Each will have the all-new Comic-Con 2012 official design on one side, with the other highlighting Warner Bros. titles, including TV series — live-action and animated — from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation, and upcoming theatrical features from Warner Bros. Pictures.
- The featured TV titles are Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, DC Nation, Fringe, Supernatural andThe Vampire Diaries, along with motion pictures Man of Steel and Pacific Rim
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visitwww.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC). For official information about Comic-Con 2012, visit www.comic-con.org and follow Comic-Con on Twitter @Comic_Con.
More About Warner Bros.’ Comic-Con Bags
Created annually since 2006 by the Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing unit specifically for Comic-Con, the highly sought-after totes provide devoted fans with a handy carrying case for all the merchandise they take away from the Con — and serve as mobile billboards for a selection of the Studio’s key Comic-Con titles
Warner Bros. Wants to Give You Something “Extra” for SDCC 2012 with a Free Outdoor Festival and All 6 Batmobiles
GO BEYOND THE CON!
WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS “EXTRA AT COMIC-CON®”
Free Outdoor Entertainment Festival During Comic-Con Brings Batmobiles, the Extra Stage and More to Fans
BURBANK, Calif. (July 2, 2012) — For the first time ever, Warner Bros. Entertainment will present Extra at Comic-Con®, a free outdoor entertainment festival happening in San Diego’s Bayfront Park July 12–14 during Comic-Con International: San Diego. Bayfront Park is located between the San Diego Convention Center and the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel.
- Located just steps from the Convention Center, Extra at Comic-Con will be a live, multi-day entertainment experience capturing all the excitement of the Studio’s fan-facing properties: FromThe Lord of the Rings to the DC Universe, they’re all here!
“Everyone at Warner Bros. Television approaches Comic-Con as a fan-first experience. It’s in our DNA, with everything we do — from panels to signings to our bags, posters and more — carefully curated with our fans in mind,” said Lisa Gregorian, Chief Marketing Officer, Warner Bros. Television Group. “With the Extra at Comic-Con space, we have created a free and fun outdoor entertainment destination for fans. In addition to having all the Batmobiles on display and game demos, we will be hosting interviews throughout the day on the Extra stage, as well as evening and night events such as screenings and live comedy and musical performances after the convention floor closes for the day. It’s additive to the experience of being at the Con.”
Extra at Comic-Con attractions include:
THE EXTRA STAGE
The centerpiece of this 60,000-square-foot outdoor entertainment event is the Extra stage. Featuring Q&As, live performances, screenings and talent interviews presented by the long-running hit TV entertainment magazine Extra, the stage will be a constant — and free — place for fans to go beyond the Con.
- Stars from The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, The Vampire Diaries and more will appear live on theExtra stage to tape interviews with Extra’s on-camera hosts
- Warner Bros. will also distribute the studio’s Comic-Con special edition of TV Guide Magazine — with four sets of collectible flip covers featuring the casts of The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries — at the Extra stage
- A full live event schedule will be posted at the Extra stage and online at www.thewb.com/comiccon
ALL SIX BATMOBILES!
On display in “The Batcave”: all six Batmobiles from television and film! For the first time ever, Comic-Con fans will have the opportunity to see all of Batman’s iconic onscreen vehicles live and in person, from Adam West’s 1955 Lincoln Futura to the Tumbler from The Dark Knight trilogy.
- Adam West’s 1955 Lincoln Futura. Designed by George Barris, this original Batmobile was featured in the cult classic television series and 1966’s Batman, the Movie.
- Michael Keaton’s Batmobile from 1989’s Batman and 1992’s Batman Returns. Sleek and powerful with a central turbine, the vehicles’ slightly retro design followed Tim Burton’s art deco look of the films.
- Revamped for Joel Schumacher’s 1995 Batman Forever, with bat-lighting and extended fins, Val Kilmer’s hot rod had the ability to drive up walls.
- Schumacher updated the Batmobile once again for George Clooney in 1997’s Batman & Robin.At 33 feet long and a top speed of 350 mph with afterburner thrust, this was the largest and fastest Batmobile on the road.
- The Tumbler designed for Christopher Nolan’s 2005 Batman Begins and 2008’s The Dark Knightis the prototype military vehicle designed by the character Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman).
- The unveiling of the replacement Camouflage Tumbler, to be seen in 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises, in theaters and IMAX July 20.
THE LORD OF THE RINGS VIDEO GAME SHOWCASE
With anticipation mounting for Warner Bros. Pictures’ December 14, 2012, release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey motion picture, directed by Peter Jackson and a production of New Line Cinema and MGM, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is showcasing two upcoming games set in Middle-earth.
- Fans can play hands-on with new video game Guardians of Middle-earth as characters including Gandalf, Sauron, Gollum, Thrain, Galadriel, Legolas and many more. This new multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game allows up to 10 players to engage in competitive matches. The game includes tie-ins with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey film. Tournaments will take place each evening, with prizes including custom-painted video game console systems and high-end gaming audio gear.
- LEGO® The Lord of the Rings: 3D Street Art. From the creative minds at Planet Streetpainting comes a one-of-a-kind, LEGO The Lord of the Rings–inspired 3D street art design that will be created and on display for fans of all ages over the course of three days, July 13–15. Stop by each day and watch the artwork unfold!
THE COMIC-CON SUPERTEAM REUNITES!
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND TV GUIDE MAGAZINE DELIVER THE ULTIMATE COMIC-CON® COLLECTIBLE FOR THIRD YEAR IN A ROW: A WARNER BROS.–THEMED SPECIAL EDITION OF THE MAGAZINE
Collect All Four Sets of “Flip” Covers Featuring The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries
Magazine to Be Distributed at the Warner Bros. Booth in San Diego; On Sale at Newsstands and on NOOK Beginning July 17
BURBANK, Calif. (July 2, 2012) — TV powerhouses Warner Bros. Television and TV Guide Magazinehave renewed their super alliance to deliver fans the ultimate must-have Comic-Con item for the third year in a row: a Warner Bros.–themed Comic-Con special edition of the magazine, featuring programming from the Studio and four sets of collectible “flip” covers starring the casts of The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries on both front and back.
For an advance look at the four — or is that eight? — “flip” covers, click here to download: http://bit.ly/MdKoV7
- The Warner Bros. TV Guide Magazine special issues will be distributed at the Warner Bros. booth — #4545 on the convention floor — throughout Comic-Con, beginning on preview night, Wednesday, July 11, and continuing through Sunday, July 15.
- For those unable to attend Comic-Con in person, all four sets of collectible “flip” covers will be on sale from July 17 at newsstands wherever TV Guide Magazine is sold. And for the first time, the special issue will also be available for purchase on the NOOK by Barnes and Noble.
In addition to sections on the four cover shows, the 88-page issue is packed with features and photos dedicated to the following programs:
- Previews of WBTV’s highly anticipated new series 666 Park Avenue (starring Lost’s Terry O’Quinn and Vanessa Williams), Arrow (featuring Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen), Cult (from the executive producers of Farscape and Chuck), The Following (from The Vampire Diaries’ Kevin Williamson, starring Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy) and Revolution (from executive producer J.J. Abrams, Supernatural’s Eric Kripke and Iron Man’s Jon Favreau)
- Warner Bros. Animation’s hit series MAD and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, as well as the action-packed DC Nation block on Cartoon Network, featuring current programs Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice: Invasion, as well as original animated shorts and upcoming shows Beware The Batman and Teen Titans Go!
And that’s not quite all, folks! There’s more, including:
- A sketch-by-sketch guide to drawing Bugs Bunny from The Looney Tunes Show, by character designer Jessica Borutski
- A Justice League foldout poster as drawn by bestselling artist and DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee.
- An exclusive preview of MAD Magazine’s unique take on The Dark Knight Rises as drawn by the renowned Sergio Aragones
- An in-depth look at the new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe comic book series written by James Robinson, with artwork by Philip Tan
- The hottest photos from the TV Guide Magazine yacht and photo booth at Comic-Con 2011
- The ultimate Comic-Con survival guide, with tips from stars of The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries, among others
- Comic-Con Couture: how two inspired designers turn Warner Bros.’ Comic-Con bags into the Con’s biggest fashion statements
- And much more…
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom(hashtag #WBSDCC) and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon. And follow TV Guide Magazine on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TVGuideMagazine and on Twitter @TVGuideMagazine.
WARNER BROS. KEYS UP THE EXCITEMENT AT COMIC-CON 2012
Studio Creating Over 40,000 Limited-Edition Collectible Hotel Keycards for New TV Series 666 Park Avenue, Arrow and Revolution
BURBANK, Calif. (June 18, 2012) — Warner Bros. Entertainment is the key to excitement at Comic-Con! The Studio has once again created a set of limited-edition collectible hotel keycards, which will be in use at top hotels throughout the San Diego area during Comic-Con 2012. This marks the fifth consecutive year for the popular room key program, giving fans instant access to a usable — and collectible — piece of artwork.
Over 40,000 branded room keys will be available to fans at 38 participating San Diego–area hotels, courtesy of Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing.
For Comic-Con 2012, Warner Bros. has created all-new keycards for three of the Studio’s highly anticipated new fall series:
- The 666 Park Avenue keycard grants access to anything you desire — as long as it’s inside your room
- The Arrow keycard features star Stephen Amell as the Arrow in an all-new in-character photo
- The Revolution keycard opens hotel doors every time — no blackout here!
About the series:
- 666 Park Avenue: Anything you desire can be yours … for a price. Lost’s Terry O’Quinn andDesperate Housewives’ Vanessa Williams headline this scary, seductive drama from Alloy Entertainment as the owners of a Manhattan apartment building who recruit an idealistic young couple to manage the historic site with a dark history. The series also stars Rachael Taylor (Charlie’s Angels), Dave Annable (Brothers & Sisters), Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill), Mercedes Masohn (The Finder), Helena Mattsson (Iron Man 2) and Samantha Logan (Law & Order: SVU). Matthew Miller (Chuck), David Wilcox (Fringe), Leslie Morgenstein (The Vampire Diaries), Gina Girolamo (The Secret Circle) and Alex Graves (Fringe) are the executive producers. Based upon the book series by Gabriella Pierce and from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Alloy Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television, 666 Park Avenue will air Sundays at 10/9c on ABC this fall. Watch the full-length pilot at Warner Bros. Television’s Preview Night screening at Comic-Con on Wednesday, July 11, or during the 666 Park Avenue session on Friday, July 13.
- Arrow: From executive producers Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville), hard-hitting action seriesArrow reinvents the DC Comics hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and a very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime. The series stars Stephen Amell (Private Practice), Colin Donnell (Pan Am), Katie Cassidy (Supernatural), David Ramsey (Dexter), Willa Holland (The O.C.) with Susanna Thompson (Dragonfly) and Paul Blackthorne (The River). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Arrow is based upon characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics and will air Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW this fall. Watch the full-length pilot at Warner Bros. Television’s Preview Night screening at Comic-Con on Wednesday, July 11, or during the Arrow session on Friday, July 13.
- Revolution: What would you do without it all? In Revolution, an epic adventure thriller fromSupernatural’s Eric Kripke, J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Iron Man’s Jon Favreau, a family struggles to reunite in a post-apocalyptic landscape of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters where every single piece of technology — phones, computers, cars, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out … forever. Revolution stars Billy Burke (Twilight films), Tracy Spiridakos (Being Human), Anna Lise Phillips (Animal Kingdom), Zak Orth (Wet Hot American Summer), Graham Rogers (Memphis Beat), J.D. Pardo (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), David Lyons (The Cape), Maria Howell (The Vampire Diaries) and Tim Guinee (Iron Man films) and is executive produced by Kripke, J.J. Abrams (Fringe) and Bryan Burk (Fringe). Favreau directed the pilot and will serve as co-executive producer of the series, with Kathy Lingg (Fringe) and producer Athena Wickham (Fringe). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television, Revolution will air Mondays at 10/9c on NBC this fall. Watch the full-length pilot at Warner Bros. Television’s Preview Night screening at Comic-Con on Wednesday, July 11, or during the Revolution session on Saturday, July 14.
Fringe Kicks Off Final Season Celebration At Comic-Con 2012
First time ever in Hall H; First time ever on Sunday; Final panel at Comic-Con
BURBANK, Calif. (June 13, 2012) – Calling all Fringe fans — from Westfield to Alt-San Diego! The acclaimed thriller’s stars and executive producers will return one final time to Comic-Con International: San Diego®, the world’s greatest pop culture convention, to celebrate the show’s fifth and final season with its incredibly devoted fans. For the first time ever, the show’s panel will be held on a Sunday — July 15 — and it will take place in Hall H of the San Diego Convention Center.
- Series stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble will join the show’s executive producers for the panel
- In their final appearance at Comic-Con, the Fringe team will treat fans to an exclusive video presentation, answer burning questions and look at what lies ahead for the climactic conclusion of the acclaimed sci-fi series
- Recently renewed for its fifth and final season, Fringe continues to explore new cases with endless impossibilities. From Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Fringe airs Fridays at 9/8c on FOX.
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit TheWB.com/comiccon for more information.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products Lights Up Licensing International Expo 2012 With Major Content Support For Entertainment Licensing Portfolio (via PR Newswire)
BURBANK, Calif., June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – With an impressive marquee line-up—anchored by three tent-pole films, and highlighted by pop-classic favorites, diverse animated fare and the global expansion of its themed entertainment business—Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) brings unmatched…
Warner Bros. TV Returns for SDCC 2012 with Arrow, DC Nation, Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural, Etc.
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP BRINGS DEMON HUNTERS, VAMPIRES, HEROES AND MORE TO COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO 2012
Stars and Producers of The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Nikita, Person of Interest, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, 666 Park Avenue, Arrow, Cult, The Following, Revolution, Childrens Hospital, DC Nation and MAD to Appear
BURBANK, Calif. (June 7, 2012) — The world’s leading pop culture convention is set to begin in just over a month, and Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) will be back with a Bang at Comic-Con International: San Diego in 2012. With a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series and the Studio’s massive, must-visit booth on the convention floor, WBTVG will once again deliver an unforgettable experience for fans, with a packed schedule of screenings, panel sessions, autograph signings and media appearances.
For the first time ever, The Big Bang Theory and Fringe panels will take place in Hall H!
Note to fans: For the first time, the Fringe panel will be held on Sunday at Comic-Con 2012
Hotly anticipated new series like Arrow, Revolution, 666 Park Avenue, Cult and The Following will all host panels, signings and screenings
And more surprises to come…
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here: http://comiccon.thewb.com/2012/WBSDCC2012SocialMediaContacts
Click here for series photography: http://comiccon.thewb.com/2012/WBSDCC2012Art
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 11 • BALLROOM 20
For the fifth straight year, WBTVG gets Comic-Con off to a dramatic start by hosting a special sneak peek, world premiere screening event on Preview Night.
This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see five of the most anticipated new drama series of the year, for the first time ever in public.
666 Park Avenue (Sundays 10/9c ABC): Lost’s Terry O’Quinn and Desperate Housewives’ Vanessa Williams headline this seductive drama from Alloy Entertainment as the owners of a Manhattan apartment building who recruit an idealistic young couple to manage the historic site where anything you desire can be yours … for a price.
Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c The CW): From Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Warehouse 13, Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville, Supernatural, Game of Thrones), this hard-hitting action series reinvents the DC hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime.
Cult (Midseason The CW): In this visceral thriller from the creator of Farscape and the producers of Chuck, a bright and driven reporter teams up with an inquisitive television researcher to investigate a series of disturbing disappearances all tied to a wildly popular new television show called … Cult.
The Following (Midseason Mondays FOX): Golden Globe winner/Emmy® nominee Kevin Bacon and Rome’s James Purefoy star in this cat-and-mouse thriller from Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries) about a diabolical serial killer (Purefoy) and the psychologically scarred ex-FBI agent (Bacon) called in to stop him and the cult of serial killers he has created.
Revolution (Mondays 10/9c NBC): In this epic adventure thriller from Supernatural’s Eric Kripke, J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Iron Man’s Jon Favreau, a family struggles to reunite in a post-apocalyptic landscape of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters where every single piece of technology — phones, computers, cars, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out … forever.
TV SERIES SCHEDULE
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional information on panel sessions, signings and other events will be provided as news breaks. Panel times will be announced in the coming weeks.
THURSDAY, JULY 12
MAD (Mondays 8:45/7:45c Cartoon Network): Get a glimpse behind the MADness with MAD television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek. Room 6DE
Nikita (Fridays 9/8c The CW): Series stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein. Room 6BCF6BCF
FRIDAY, JULY 13
The Big Bang Theory (Thursdays 8/7c CBS): The Big Bang Theory gets even bigger —for the first time ever in Hall H! Series stars and executive producers will be on hand to answer burning questions (liftoff! handholding! was that really Mrs. Wolowitz?) and tease what’s to come in season six. Hall H
Cult: Things get scary on Friday the 13th with stars Matt Davis, Jessica Lucas, Alona Tal and Robert Knepper joining executive producer Rockne S. O’Bannon. Room 6BCF
666 Park Avenue: Familiarize yourself with the luxurious, yet mysterious, New York City high-rise known as The Drake with series stars Terry O’Quinn, Rachael Taylor and Dave Annable joining executive producers David Wilcox (Fringe) and Matthew Miller (Chuck). Room 6BCF
Arrow: Chills turn to thrills in this session when Arrow cast members, including Stephen Amell, join producers for a special pilot screening and discussion. Ballroom 20
Childrens Hospital (returning in August, Adult Swim): Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producer Jonathan Stern join stars Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel, Megan Mullally, Henry Winkler and Ken Marino. Hilton San Diego Bayfront, Indigo Ballroom
SATURDAY, JULY 14
The Vampire Diaries (Thursdays 8/7c The CW): Seductive stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder and more join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec. Ballroom 20
The Following: Series stars Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy join executive producers Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega. Room 6BCF
Person of Interest (Thursdays 9/8c CBS): The stars and creators of this smash hit drama series discuss season one and give a sneak preview at what’s to come. Room 6BCF
Revolution: Series stars Billy Burke, Giancarlo Esposito and Tracy Spiridakos join creator/executive producer Eric Kripke and director/co-executive producer Jon Favreau. Room 6BCF
SUNDAY, JULY 15
Supernatural (Wednesdays 9/8c The CW): Returning to Hall H are series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, joined by recurring guest stars Misha Collins, Jim Beaver and Mark A. Sheppard, as well as new executive producer Jeremy Carver and consulting producer Ben Edlund. Hall H
Fringe (Fridays 9/8c FOX): Celebrating its upcoming fifth and final season, Fringe has its first-ever Sunday panel at Comic-Con … in Hall H for the first time. Series stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join the show’s executive producers for the panel. Hall H
DC Nation (Saturdays 10:00–11:00 a.m. ET/PT Cartoon Network): Come get an exclusive sneak peek at what’s in store for this action-comedy packed programming block. Producers to be announced. Room 6BCF
ALTERNATES, INMATES AND ANIMATION INFILTRATE ANAHEIM AS WARNER BROS. WOWS WONDERCON
Warner Bros. Television Escapes to the O.C. with Panels for Alcatraz, Fringe and DC Nation, and Fans Can See The Secret Circle and Person of Interest on the Big Screen
BURBANK, Calif. (February 24, 2012) — Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) breaks free and travels to the other side — aka the O.C. — for another exciting weekend at WonderCon 2012, starting with an exclusive advance screening of a never-before-seen episode of The Secret Circle (Thursdays 9/8c The CW) and an explosive episode of Person of Interest (Thursdays 9/8c CBS) on the big screen on Friday, March 16. Then fans can supercharge their Saturday with a special video presentation and panel session for DC Nation — the new one-hour programming block from Cartoon Network, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment — on March 17. And on Sunday, March 18, sample the best of Bad Robot Productions with mind-bending panel sessions for Alcatraz (Mondays 9/8c FOX, moving to 8/7c on March 5) and Fringe (Fridays 9/8c FOX).
Stars and producers scheduled to attend WonderCon 2012 include:
- Alcatraz stars Sarah Jones, Jorge Garcia, Jonny Coyne and Parminder Nagra, along with executive producers Jennifer Johnson, Daniel Pyne, Jack Bender and co-creators/co-executive producers Bryan Wynbrandt and Steve Lilien
- Fringe stars John Noble, Seth Gabel and executive producers J.H. Wyman and Jeff Pinkner. Additional cast members to be announced.
- DC Nation: Young Justice producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman; Green Lantern: The Animated Series producers Jim Krieg and Giancarlo Volpe; and DC animated shorts producers Lauren Faust and Ben Jones
- Alcatraz, Fringe and DC Nation casts and producers will all be signing at the DC Entertainment booth, #501
In addition, WBTV will present not one, but two special screenings exclusively for WonderCon audiences, offering fans a sneak peak — on the big screen — of The Secret Circle’s “Curse” episode six days before its broadcast on Thursday, March 22 (9/8c on The CW), as well as an episode of the hit action-drama Person of Interest.
For continuing information about the Studio’s plans at WonderCon, please follow us on Twitter at@thewbdotcom.
Following are the WBTV and DC Nation panel dates, as well as signing dates and times for WonderCon 2012. Official panel times to be announced by WonderCon.
FRIDAY, MARCH 16
Exclusive Warner Bros. Television Screenings — For the third straight year, Warner Bros. Television kicks off WonderCon with special screenings of fan-favorite series. For 2012, WBTV will present on the big screen episodes of the first-year hit dramas The Secret Circle, from executive producer Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries), and Person of Interest, from creator Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knight) and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions (Fringe, Lost). Ballroom
- The Secret Circle: The ordinary becomes the extraordinary in The Secret Circle, a drama full of mystery, intrigue and danger from executive producer Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries) and based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (The Vampire Diaries). The series chronicles the story of a young girl who discovers not only that she is a witch and part of a secret coven, but that she is the key which will unlock a centuries-old battle of good versus evil. WBTV has conjured up a WonderCon exclusive premiere screening of the “Curse” episode, a full six days in advance of its on-air debut Thursday, March 22, at 9/8c on The CW. Britt Robertson (Scream 4), Thomas Dekker (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Gale Harold (Queer as Folk), Phoebe Tonkin (H20: Just Add Water), Shelley Hennig (Days of our Lives), Jessica Parker Kennedy (50/50), Chris Zylka (upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man) and Natasha Henstridge (Species) star in the series, which is executive produced by Williamson, Andrew Miller (Nothing), Andrea Newman (Human Target), Leslie Morgenstein (The Vampire Diaries) and Gina Girolamo (The Lying Game). From Bonanza Productions Inc., Outerbanks Entertainment and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, The Secret Circle airs Thursdays at 9/8c on The CW. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesecretcircle and follow The CW on Twitter @CW_network.
- Person of Interest: Jim Caviezel (The Thin Red Line), Comic-Con favorite Michael Emerson (Lost) and Taraji P. Henson (Hustle & Flow) team up in this thought-provoking crime action-drama from The Dark Knight’s Jonathan Nolan and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions (Fringe, Lost, Alias). Set in New York City, with all of its multifaceted elements of justice (cops, criminals, corruption), Person of Interest centers on an ex-CIA agent, presumed dead, who partners with a mysterious billionaire to prevent violent crimes, and the detectives tracking them. Person of Interest makes its WonderCon debut with a screening of a complete episode on the big screen. In addition to Caviezel, Emerson and Henson, Kevin Chapman (Rescue Me) also stars in Person of Interest, which airs Thursdays at 9/8c on CBS. Jonathan Nolan, J.J. Abrams (Star Trek), Greg Plageman (Cold Case) and Bryan Burk (Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol) are the executive producers of the series, from Bonanza Productions in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan of the show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PersonOfInterestCBS and follow the show on Twitter@PersonInterest.
SATURDAY, MARCH 17
- 4:00 p.m. • DC Nation Signing: DC Entertainment Booth #501
- DC Nation Special Video Presentation and Q&A — From the pages of DC Comics to the television screens of fans across the country comes DC Nation, a new one-hour exclusive kids programming block from Cartoon Network, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment. DC Nation stars some of the most beloved and legendary heroes of the DC Universe, brought to life by some of the most talented directors, writers and producers working in animation today. Anchored by Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice, DC Nation airs Saturdays from 10:00–11:00 a.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network. Fans attending the WonderCon 2012 DC Nation panel will be treated to exclusive video content filled with plenty of sneak peeks from the DC Nation block. In addition, an all-star panel featuring Young Justice producersBrandon Vietti (Batman Under the Red Hood) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles), Green Lantern: The Animated Series producers Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm) and Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), and DC animated shorts producers Lauren Faust (The Powerpuff Girls, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic) and Ben Jones (Batman: The Brave and The Bold) will take the stage for a moderated Q&A. Learn more about DC Nation atwww.dcnation.com and follow the show on Twitter @DC_nation. Room 204ABC
SUNDAY, MARCH 18
- 12:00 Noon • Fringe Signing: DC Entertainment Booth #501
- 1:30 p.m. • Alcatraz Signing: DC Entertainment Booth #501
- Alcatraz Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Don’t miss this classified session with stars Sarah Jones (Sons of Anarchy), Jorge Garcia (Lost), Jonny Coyne (Lara Craft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life) and Parminder Nagra (ER); executive producers Jennifer Johnson (Lost), Daniel Pyne (Lost) and Jack Bender (Lost); and co-creators/co-executive producers Bryan Wynbrandt and Steven Lilien (both Kyle XY) dishing the ultimate insider information about the mysterious 1963 disappearance of the Alcatraz inmates, guards and staff. Fans will learn about where they’ve been and why they are returning, and the creative team will reveal exclusive information about the remaining episodes of the first season. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Alcatraz currently airs Mondays at 9/8c on FOX, and moves to 8/7c on March 5. Become a fan of Alcatraz on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AlcatrazonFOX and follow the show on Twitter @AlcatrazonFOX.
- Fringe Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Join series stars John Noble (The Lord of the Rings), Seth Gabel (The Da Vinci Code) and executive producers Jeff Pinkner (Lost) andJ.H. Wyman (The Mexican) of the mind-bending, universe-crossing series Fringe for a Q & A session and get a sneak peek of what is to come, as the fates of all your favorite characters hang in the balance between two universes, two timelines and too many creepy bad guys to go around. Talk doppelgangers, shapeshifters, Observers and whatever Walter is cooking up! Now in its fourth season, Fringe continues to explore new cases with endless impossibilities. From Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Fringe airs Fridays at 9/8c on FOX. Become a fan of Fringe on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Fringe and follow the show on Twitter @FRINGEonFOX. Ballroom