Comments Off on SDCC Digest 2013: 2
Another day…another digest! Get all the latest SDCC photos, reports, videos, and more. Updates throughout the day.
Comments Off on Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles Sport WB Caped Backpacks for SDCC 2013
WHO ARE THOSE CAPED DEMON-HUNTERS?
SUPERNATURAL’S JARED PADALECKI AND JENSEN ACKLES GET IN TOUCH WITH THEIR INNER SUPER HEROES IN PREPARATION FOR COMIC-CON 2013 WITH THE SIGNATURE WARNER BROS. CAPED BACKPACK
BURBANK, Calif. (July 17, 2013) — Men in … Capes? In preparation for Comic-Con 2013, Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles got in touch with the super hero within by modeling Warner Bros. signature caped Comic-Con backpacks. With production on the ninth season of the hit series just beginning and an appearance at 2013 Comic-Con International: San Diego this Sunday, series stars Padalecki and Ackles took a moment to show off the Supernatural bag and more importantly, to road-test its fashion cape accessory!
- To get a closer look at the Supernatural bag as well as images of all the Warner Bros. TV series Comic-Con bags, click here: http://bit.ly/12H1gXG
- Supernatural returns to Hall H at Comic Con on Sunday, July 21, from 10:00–11:00 AM with a special video presentation as well as a cast/producer Q&A. Recurring guest star Mark A. Sheppard joins series stars Padalecki, Ackles and Misha Collins alongside executive producers Jeremy Carver and Robert Singer. Additionally, the cast and executive producers will be signing for fans at the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) afterward at 12:45–1:30 PM.
- Supernatural returns for its ninth season on October 15, 2013, airing on a new day this fall: Tuesdays at 9/8c on The CW.
Comments Off on The Big Bang Theory Artist Series to Debut at SDCC 2013
SCIENCE + ART + POP CULTURE = #BIGBANGTHEORY
THE BIG BANG THEORY ARTIST SERIES DEBUTS AT COMIC-CON®, FEATURING ORIGINAL WORKS INSPIRED BY THE SHOW AND CREATED BY SELECT ARTISTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Seven Original Pieces to Be Exhibited at the Warner Bros. Booth; Limited-Edition Litho Prints Available for Purchase Through Huckleberry
Additional Pieces and Artwork to Be Revealed Throughout the Year, with More Exhibitions Featuring All Artists in the Series to Follow
Merchandise Based on the Artist Series and Future Prints Will Be Available at Select Events and Retailers
BURBANK, Calif. (July 16, 2013) — Comic-Con fan favorite The Big Bang Theory (Thursdays 8/7c CBS) returns to San Diego in 2013, and this year, TV’s #1 comedy makes its appearance at the Con not only in a Friday panel session — but also in fine art form. Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing and Warner Bros. Consumer Products have launched The Big Bang Theory Artist Series, an exclusive collaboration with a select group of leading and emerging artists to celebrate TV’s #1 comedy and its oft-imitated geek-chic aesthetic with a series of original artworks that will debut at Comic-Con.
Seven original pieces from The Big Bang Theory Artist Series will be exhibited in a gallery space within the Warner Bros. booth, and limited-edition litho prints of two of the selections will be available for sale at the Huckleberry booth. Exhibitions of additional pieces and artwork from the Artist Series, as well as future prints and additional merchandise based upon the series, will follow in upcoming months.
- The Studio invited artists from the U.S. and around the globe to collaborate on The Big Bang Theory Artist Series and to express their visual interpretation of the smash series, its characters and its themes. Artists from Korea, Mexico, the UK, Italy, Germany, the U.S. and more have contributed original works in a variety of mediums and styles — ranging from street art to fine art and from digital to illustration — all inspired by The Big Bang Theory.
- Fans can see the first installment of the Artist Series, with seven original pieces on display at the Warner Bros. booth, #4545 on the convention floor.
- 250 limited-edition offset lithographic prints of the creations by Martin Hsu (“Big Bang Cats”) and Jerrod Maruyama (“Little Big Bang Theory”) can be purchased for $45 per print at the Huckleberry booth, #3449 on the convention floor. Additionally, artists Hsu and Maruyama will be on hand to sign their prints on Friday, July 19, at the Huckleberry booth (time TBD).
- Throughout the next year, WBTVG and WBCP will reveal additional participating artists, unveil new pieces and artwork, and announce upcoming gallery exhibitions featuring all artists in the series. Original merchandise based upon the Artist Series and future lithographic prints will be available at select events and retailers.
- Continue to visit www.thewb.com and www.facebook.com/theWB for information about merchandise and artist updates. For information about future print sales, please visit www.chara-covers.com.
Details on the seven original pieces from The Big Bang Theory Artist Series on display at the Warner Bros. booth are as follows:
- “Big Bang Cats” by Martin Hsu. San Francisco artist Martin Hsu found inspiration in the peculiar feline characteristics of cat breeds when looking for a perfect match for the eccentric Big Bang characters.
- “Little Big Bang Theory” by Jerrod Maruyama. Specializing in character concept and design, freelance illustrator Jerrod Maruyama looks for the “cute” in everything and found a natural fit with these adorable cartoon characters in an almost toylike, kawaii homage.
- “Zero2Hero” by Dez Einswell. As part of his signature style, Dez Einswell draws out the iconic nature of each character, blending both super hero and fanboy imagery.
- “Doctor Cooper” by Nan Lawson. Self-taught Silverlake illustrator Nan Lawson found inspiration in Sheldon Cooper’s charming and humorous perspective of how the world works.
- “Friendship Formula” by David Zajdman X Munky King. Using Munky King’s Omi (designer toy) aesthetic, Zajdman presents his own variable on Sheldon Cooper’s “Friendship Algorithm.”
- “In the Beginning There Was Nothing Which Exploded” by Richard J. Oliver. Welsh artist Richard Oliver creates a visual representation of theBig Bang characters in the old comic book style fused with that of more contemporary graphic novels.
- “The Big Bang” by Sakiroo Choi. Internationally prominent Korean illustrator and artist Sakiroo Choi was inspired by Stephen Hawking’s groundbreaking research, as well as scientific themes found in The Big Bang Theory. This piece expresses the idea that the singular Dr. Sheldon Cooper — similar to a black hole — is unaffected by the gravitational pull of everything that surrounds him.
About The Big Bang Theory
The Big Bang Theory stars Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch. Chuck Lorre, Steven Molaro and Bill Prady serve as executive producers of the series, which was created by Lorre & Prady. From Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, The Big Bang Theory airs Thursdays at 8/7c on CBS, and the seventh season premieres on September 26.
Founded in 2006, Huckleberry dedicated itself to designing well-made, imaginative products to foster fun, creative play for kids of all ages.
Comments Off on Warner Bros. Official SDCC 2013 Bags Come Complete with Capes
PREPARE TO TAKE FLIGHT AT COMIC-CON® 2013
WARNER BROS. AND COMIC-CON TURN FANS INTO SUPER HEROES WITH OFFICIAL BAG OF SDCC 2013 — COMPLETE WITH CAPE!
Collectible Backpacks & Detachable Capes Highlight TV’s Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, Revolution, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Teen Titans Go!; Feature Films Godzilla, The LEGO® Movie and 300: Rise of an Empire; DC Universe Original Animated Movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox; And the Classic Batman TV Series
BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2013) — It’s a backpack. It’s a cape. It’s a backpack with a cape! Warner Bros. Entertainment will once again sponsor the official bag at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013, to be distributed to fans when checking in at the Con, the Studio announced today. This marks the fourth year that Warner Bros. and Comic-Con have joined forces to produce and distribute what Entertainment Weekly once called the convention’s “ubiquitous accessory,” ensuring that attendees have a unique keepsake from the world’s leading pop culture convention. Plus, for fans in San Diego who forgot their costumes, the “must-have” bag (according to Deadline Hollywood) not only lets attendees tote copious amounts of swag, but they can also flaunt their super hero side with the backpack’s detachable cape!
- More than 130,000 of the bags have been produced and will be provided to Comic-Con attendees throughout the convention.
- The all-new 2013 edition is fashioned as a backpack and features a built-in cape — to assist the super hero in all of us race to panels, of course. The detachable cape can be worn separately, as can the backpack.
- Each of the bags, designed by Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing, feature double-sided artwork, with the all-new Comic-Con 2013 official design on one side and the other side highlighting titles from the Studio’s TV series, theatrical motion pictures and original animated movies.
- The television show titles are Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, Revolution,Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! (with Beware the Batman cape!) and The Vampire Diaries.
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s DC Universe Original Animated Movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox will be featured, as will the classic Batman TV series.
- Attendees can also tote their swag in bags featuring artwork from the forthcoming motion picturesGodzilla, The LEGO® Movie and 300: Rise of an Empire.
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit www.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter at @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC). For official information about Comic-Con 2013, visitwww.comic-con.org and follow Comic-Con on Twitter at @Comic_Con.
Comments Off on TV Guide’s SDCC 2013 Editions Feature Superman, Batman, Arrow, and More
DYNAMIC DUO SPRINGS BACK INTO ACTION!
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND TV GUIDE MAGAZINE RETEAM TO DELIVER FANS THE ULTIMATE COMIC-CON® SWAG ITEM:
A SPECIAL EDITION OF THE MAGAZINE DEVOTED EXCLUSIVELY TO PROGRAMMING FROM THE STUDIO
Collect All Four Sets of Flip Covers Featuring Arrow’s Stephen Amell;
Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles;
The Vampire Diaries’ Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder;
The Originals’ Joseph Morgan and Charles Michael Davis;
Superman 75 and Batman
Get It at the Warner Bros. Booth at Comic-Con, or Buy at Newsstands and on Digital Platforms Beginning July 17
BURBANK, Calif. (July 10, 2013) — TV’s super alliance continues as Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) andTV Guide Magazine join forces once again to deliver fans the ultimate Comic-Con swag item for the fourth consecutive year: a Warner Bros.–themed Comic-Con special edition of the magazine, with insider scoop and behind-the scenes action from the Studio’s series as well as four sets of collectible “flip” covers featuring Arrow star Stephen Amell; Supernatural stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles; The Vampire Diaries stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; and The Originals stars Joseph Morgan and Charles Michael Davis; in addition to a set dedicated to the 75th anniversary of Superman, with Batman on the flip cover.
For a sneak peek at the four sets of flip covers and to download all eight cover designs, click here:http://bit.ly/18LY702
- Comic-Con Distribution at the Warner Bros. Booth: The Warner Bros. TV Guide Magazine special issues will be distributed to fans for free at the Warner Bros. booth — #4545 on the convention floor — throughout Comic-Con, beginning on preview night, Wednesday, July 17, and continuing through Sunday, July 21.
- Newsstand and Digital Platforms: For those unable to attend Comic-Con in person, all four sets of collectible flip covers will be on sale from July 17 at newsstands wherever TV Guide Magazineis sold. The special issue will also be available digitally on iPad, Nook, Kindle Fire, Zinio and Google platforms.
The 88-page special issue is packed with features and photos dedicated to the following programs:
- Returning WBTV favorites Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, Nikita, Person of Interest,Revolution, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Childrens Hospital
- Previews of WBTV’s highly anticipated new series Almost Human, from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Fringe’s J.H. Wyman, starring Karl Urban (Star Trek films) and Michael Ealy (Underworld: Awakening); The Tomorrow People, from executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries), Danny Cannon (Nikita) and Phil Klemmer (Chuck), and based on the original UK series; The Vampire Diaries spinoff series The Originals, from Julie Plec; The 100, in which 100 juvenile delinquents are sent to Earth years after a nuclear apocalypse to see if the planet is habitable; and more…
- An inside look at Warner Bros. Animation’s hit series MAD, The Looney Tunes Show and Teen Titans Go!, as well as new program Beware the Batman and the upcoming The Tom and Jerry Show
And there’s more! Including:
- An exclusive Arrow comic created by DC Comics and penned by TV series executive producer Marc Guggenheim
- A sneak peek inside the upcoming DC Universe Original Animated Movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment
- An in-depth look at the television history of the man of steel — Superman — in honor of the character’s 75th anniversary
- Behind-the-scenes photos from the TV Guide Magazine yacht and Warner Bros. Television media cocktail event at Comic-Con 2012
- A look back at pop-culture costumes seen on The Big Bang Theory
- Burning questions answered about fans’ favorite shows, including the final season of Nikita
- And much more…!
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom(hashtag #WBSDCC) and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon. And follow TV Guide Magazine on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/TVGuideMagazine and on Twitter @TVGuideMagazine.
Comments Off on Person of Interest Gets Coveted Key Spot for SDCC 2013 Hotels
IT’S NOT PARANOIA IF THEY REALLY ARE WATCHING YOU…
THE MACHINE UNLOCKS YOUR DOOR AND ACCESSES YOUR ROOM AT COMIC-CON® 2013
Hit Drama Person Of Interest — from Warner Bros. Television, J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and The Dark Knight’s Jonathan Nolan — to be Featured on Nearly 40,000 Limited-Edition Collectible Hotel Keycards
BURBANK, Calif. (July 2, 2013) — Proving that there is no place that the Machine cannot access — it is now infiltrating your hotel room. You are most definitely being watched.
For Comic-Con 2013, the hit Warner Bros. Television/CBS action-crime drama Person Of Interest will be featured on limited-edition collectible keycards — with two separate designs — at top hotels throughout the San Diego area during the convention. Nearly 40,000 branded room keys will be available to fans at nearly 30 participating hotels, courtesy of Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing.
- One keycard features Reese and Finch — series stars Jim Caviezel (left) and Michael Emerson — keeping a watchful eye.
- And one keycard could be seen as a response to those who may have suggested that Person Of Interest — which posits a world in which a highly sophisticated, all-seeing surveillance program could track the whereabouts of virtually anyone, anywhere, following our every move — was a bit of science fiction. In light of recent revelations in the news, including this Time article, pardon the producers if they say they told you so…
- This marks this sixth consecutive year that Warner Bros. has been the official Comic-Con hotel keycard sponsor — and the first time that a single show has been selected to make its presence known … virtually everywhere!
- Person Of Interest returns for its third hotly anticipated Comic-Con panel session on Saturday, July 20, with executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman joining members of the cast (attendees to be announced)
- Fans of the show can now catch up on the first two seasons on digital download (in standard and high definition) through all online retailers, including iTunes and Amazon Instant Video. Additionally, the complete second season of Person of Interest will be available on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD on September 3, 2013.
- Person of Interest returns for a third season on September 24, airing on a new day and at a new time: Tuesdays at 10/9c on CBS
About Person of Interest
Winner of the 2012 People’s Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama, Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel (The Thin Red Line, The Prisoner) as John Reese, a former CIA agent who teams up with reclusive billionaire and computer genius Harold Finch, portrayed by Emmy® winner Michael Emerson (Lost). The crime thriller follows Reese and Finch as they set out to prevent violent crimes with high tech surveillance and their own brand of vigilante justice. Reese’s special training in covert operations appeals to Finch, a software genius who invented a program — aka the Machine — that can identify people soon to be involved in violent crimes. Tapping into ubiquitous surveillance feeds throughout the city, the two work outside of the law, combining Reese’s black ops skills with Finch’s technological prowess and unlimited wealth to unravel the mystery of the person of interest, and stop the crime before it happens.
Reese’s actions draw the attention of the NYPD, including by-the-book homicide Detective Joss Carter (Academy Award® nominee Taraji P. Henson – The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) and the morally compromised Detective Lionel Fusco (Kevin Chapman – Mystic River). With infinite crimes to investigate, Reese and Finch find that the right person, with the right information, at the right time, can change everything.
Person of Interest finished the 2012–13 season as TV’s third most-watched drama (behind only NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles), averaging 16.196 million viewers per episode, a +12% increase above the show’s previous season (14.520 million). (Source: Nielsen Galaxy Explorer, Most Current, 9/24/12–5/22/13 vs. 9/19/11–5/23/12.)
Created by Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knight trilogy), the series is executive produced by J.J. Abrams (Revolution, Fringe, Lost), Nolan, Greg Plageman (Cold Case) and Bryan Burk (Revolution, Fringe, Lost). Person of Interest is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
Comments Off on Fans Have a Chance to Win a “BIG BANGtastic” Trip to SDCC 2013
THE BIG BANG THEORY BOLDLY GOES WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE WITH LIMITED EDITION CO-BRANDED THE BIG BANG THEORY/STAR TREK™ AND THE BIG BANG THEORY/DC COMICS MERCHANDISE
SUPPORTING THE NEW COLLECTIONS, WARNER BROS. TEAMS UP WITH HOT TOPIC TO OFFER THE BIG BANG THEORY ULTIMATE FAN GIVEAWAY IN THEIR SECOND ANNUAL COMIC-CON SWEEPSTAKES
Fans Will Have a Chance to Win a “BIG BANGtastic” Trip to Comic-Con International: San Diego And Other Great Prizes, Including $500 Gift Cards from Hot Topic
Burbank, Calif. (May 14, 2013) – In a bold twist to bring The Big Bang Theory to a new frontier, Warner Bros. and CBS Consumer Products are launching an exclusive, limited edition co-branded collection of The Big Bang Theory/Star Trek merchandise for the first-time ever that includes Leonard, Sheldon, Howard and Raj’s preferred version of “Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard Spock” themed product, as well as t-shirts and Funko bobble-heads featuring characters in Starfleet uniforms. This new co-branded collection of merchandise will be available only at Hot Topic stores nationwide and HotTopic.com from now until July. Hot Topic will also be the exclusive home to a new, limited edition The Big Bang Theory/DC Comics t-shirt, featuring Leonard, Sheldon, Howard and Raj in their favorite DC Comics Super Hero costumes.
In support of these exciting new collections, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution have teamed up with Hot Topic to celebrate The Big Bang Theory airing 5 Nights a Week (check www.BigBangWeeknights.com for local listings) in off-network syndication. The partnership offers a second annual sweepstakes inviting fans to enter the “Ultimate Fan Giveaway” for an opportunity to attend the biggest pop culture convention in the world – the legendary Comic-Con in San Diego. Fans will also have the chance to win many great prizes, including the special edition DC Comics t-shirt and $500 Hot Topic gift cards. This year’s partnership is offering an even bigger bang with a larger collection of exclusive Big Bang merchandise at Hot Topic locations nationwide.
From Monday, May 20, through Friday, May 31, avid fans and pop culture junkies can enter the contest either by watching The Big Bang Theory every weeknight in syndication (in select markets) and identifying Sheldon’s special Hot Topic t-shirt online at www.BigBangContest.com or by visiting any Hot Topic store nationwide now through Sunday,
June 2, signing up to be a HT+1 rewards member and purchasing any The Big Bang Theory t-shirt, including the exclusive “Big Bang DC Comics” Comic-Con edition t-shirt only at Hot Topic. One lucky fan will receive an all-expenses paid, fun-filled getaway for two to Comic-Con in San Diego, CA – including two tickets to Comic-Con, round-trip airfare, three days/two nights hotel accommodations, ground transportation and special access to various events at the Warner Bros. booth.
“We’re excited to pay-it-forward to The Big Bang Theory’s legions of fans in this perfect alliance that brings together this pop-cult favorite with the iconic brands of Star Trek and DC Comics,” said Karen McTier, Executive Vice President, Domestic Licensing and Worldwide Marketing for Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “We had such a great fan reaction and experience with this promotion last year that we’re excited to team up with Hot Topic again to bring fans a bigger bang offering and more chances to win another out-of-this-world opportunity.”
“We are thrilled to renew our partnership with Warner Bros. on such an exciting merchandise program,” said Cindy Levitt, VP and General Merchandise Manager at Hot Topic. “We feel like we’ve created the perfect geek storm by combining The Big Bang Theory, Star Trek, DC Comics, Comic-Con and Hot Topic in this program and promotion, and we couldn’t be happier that we can make it happen for our customers.”
“We approach each and every initiative we endeavor from the perspective of giving back to the fans,” said Lisa Gregorian, Chief Marketing Officer, Warner Bros. Television Group. ”We know that fans of The Big Bang Theory and fans of Star Trek are going to go mad for this co-branded merchandise. We set out to deliver a truly unique co-branded opportunity and are thrilled to have gone where no man – or woman – has gone before.”
As part of the promotion, Hot Topic stores will also feature an exciting array of merchandise from The Big Bang Theory spanning apparel, accessories, gift and novelties, and toys, including Funko bobbleheads of fan-favorites Leonard, Sheldon and Howard in Starfleet uniforms.
The more viewers tune in to The Big Bang Theory 5 Nights a Week on broadcast television (check www.BigBangWeeknights.com for local listings) and go to a Hot Topic retail store, the more chances they have to win.
In addition to the trip to Comic-Con, Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution and Hot Topic are offering viewers in 47 markets the opportunity to also win local prize packages that include $500 gift cards from Hot Topic. Markets include:
WPCH – ATLANTA, GA
KTBC – AUSTIN, TX
KBAK – BAKERSFIELD, CA
WUTB – BALTIMORE, MD
WTTO – BIRMINGHAM, AL
WCCB – CHARLOTTE, NC
WFLD – CHICAGO, IL
WSTR – CINCINNATI, OH
WACH – COLUMBIA, SC
KDFW – DALLAS, TX
KDVR – DENVER, CO
WKBD – DETROIT, MI
KFOX – EL PASO, TX
KMPH – FRESNO, CA
WWMT – GRAND RAPIDS, MI
WXLV – GREENSBORO, NC
WHNS – GREENVILLE, SC
WTIC – HARTFORD, CT
KHON – HONOLULU, HI
WTTV – INDIANAPOLIS, IN
WJXT – JACKSONVILLE, FL
WBXX – KNOXVILLE, TN
KVMY – LAS VEGAS, NV
KTTV – LOS ANGELES, CA
WBFS – MIAMI, FL
WDJT – MILWAUKEE, WI
WFTC – MINNEAPOLIS, MN
WNAB – NASHVILLE, TN
WTVZ – NORFOLK, VA
KOKH – OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
WOFL – ORLANDO, FL
WPHL – PHILADELPHIA, PA
KUTP – PHOENIX, AZ
WPGH – PITTSBURGH, PA
WPFO – PORTLAND, ME
WSJP – PUERTO RICO
WLFL – RALEIGH, NC
WFXR – ROANOKE, VA
KABB – SAN ANTONIO, TX
KICU – SAN FRANCISCO, CA
KCPQ – SEATTLE, WA
WCWW – SOUTH BEND, IN
KPLR – ST. LOUIS, MO
WMOR – TAMPA, FL
KQCW – TULSA, OK
WTTG – WASHINGTON, DC
About THE BIG BANG THEORY: Comedy has Expanded to 5 Nights a Week (check www.BigBangWeeknights.com for local listings)! The Big Bang Theory is the story of two brainy best friends who could tell you anything you want to know about quantum physics – but when it comes to dealing with everyday life here on Earth, they’re lost in the cosmos. Leonard (Johnny Galecki) and Sheldon (Jim Parsons) are brilliant physicists – wizards in the laboratory, but socially inept outside of it. Enter their beautiful, free-spirited neighbor, Penny (Kaley Cuoco), who aims to teach them a thing or two about life. While Leonard spends his days looking for love, Sheldon is quite content video-chatting with platonic partner Amy Farrah Fowler (Mayim Bialik) or playing Star Trek 3D chess with their ever-expanding universe of friends, including fellow Caltech scientists Rajesh Koothrappali (Kunal Nayyar), Howard Wolowitz (Simon Helberg), and Howard’s new wife, the adorable microbiologist Bernadette (Melissa Rauch). www.BigBangWeeknights.com
Created by Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men) and Bill Prady (Dharma & Greg), who also serve as executive producers along with showrunner Steven Molaro (The Class), The Big Bang Theory stars Emmy® and Golden Globe nominee Johnny Galecki (Roseanne), Emmy® and Golden Globe winner Jim Parsons (The Muppet Movie), Kaley Cuoco (Hop), Simon Helberg (A Serious Man), Kunal Nayyar (Ice Age: Continental Drift), Mayim Bialik (Blossom) and Melissa Rauch (True Blood). The Emmy®-nominated series is from Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television.
THE BIG BANG THEORY and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and ©Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
About STAR TREK: With an over 45-year history and more than 700 hours of content from six television series and twelve movies, Star Trek is an entertainment and pop culture icon across the world. With its visionary philosophy and thrill for adventure, the Star Trek universe only continues to broaden into new territories. Star Trek is licensed by CBS Consumer Products.
™ & ©2013 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About Hot Topic
Hot Topic is a mall- and web-based specialty retailer beloved by rebellious and expressive teens for more than 20 years. Hot Topic offers music and pop culture junkies band-related apparel and accessories, licensed merchandise, and fashion apparel and accessories. Hot Topic operates 621 stores in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico and an online store at hottopic.com. Find Hot Topic on Twitter (twitter.com/hottopic), Facebook (facebook.com/hottopic), YouTube (youtube.com/hottopic) and Instagram (instagram.com/hottopic).
About CBS Consumer Products
CBS Consumer Products manages worldwide licensing and merchandising for a diverse slate of television brands and series from CBS, CBS Television Studios and CBS Television Distribution, as well as from the company’s extensive library of titles, Showtime and CBS Films. Additionally, the group oversees online sales of programming merchandise. For more information, visit www.cbsconsumerproducts.com.
Comments Off on Advance Screening of Man of Steel to Be Offered Through Walmart
Walmart Gives Superman Fans Exclusive Access to the First Screening of “Man of Steel”
Tickets to the June 13 advance screening on sale at Walmart on May 18
BENTONVILLE, AR, and BURBANK, CA – April 24, 2013 – Superman fans, mark your calendars! Walmart announced today that it has partnered with Warner Bros. to give its customers exclusive access to see Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures’ “Man of Steel” in theaters nationwide before the film’s official release. This program marks the first time in entertainment history that a studio has partnered with a retailer to provide such an opportunity for fans.
Tickets for the exclusive screening of “Man of Steel,” will go on sale in more than 3,700 Walmart stores starting at 8 a.m. on May 18. Customers will be able to purchase up to four tickets per visit, and have the option to choose between 2D or 3D showings, where applicable. The advance screening will take place in selected local theaters nationwide at 7 p.m. on June 13.
“We couldn’t be more excited to give our customers and associates early access to one of the summer’s most anticipated movies,” said Laura Phillips, senior vice president of entertainment at Walmart U.S. “Walmart’s premiere of ‘Man of Steel’ once again proves we have the ambition and studio partnerships to develop unique retail programs that give our customers access to the movies they love.”
Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. Pictures president of domestic distribution, stated, “We are extremely pleased to partner with Walmart on this unprecedented initiative, which will allow devoted fans to be among the first to see ‘Man of Steel.’ We know the movie delivers and believe this unique partnership will kick off strong word of mouth that, thanks to the reach and immediacy of social media, will propel moviegoers to theaters nationwide.”
The director of “Man of Steel,” Zack Snyder, added, “We have appreciated the unwavering support of the fans, and can’t wait to share the movie with them. I am thrilled that Walmart is giving us this terrific opportunity to open the doors early.”
Mobile App, Merchandise and More
In addition to being the first among their friends to see “Man of Steel,” Walmart customers can also take advantage of the following offers:
- Priority Purchase of Blu-ray Combo Pack or HD Digital Download: Each ticket bought at Walmart will feature a code on the back that allows customers to pre-order their own Blu-ray Combo Pack or HD Digital Download of “Man of Steel,” which will contain exclusive film content.
- Official “Man of Steel Experience” Mobile App: Fans can bring Superman to life with the official “Man of Steel Experience” augmented reality app. The app allows customers to take photos with the superhero, as well as unlock special photo frames by pointing their phone at “Man of Steel” signage in their local Walmart. To download the app please visit: Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Exclusive Original Digital Comic Book: Customers will receive a free original Digital Comic Book written by “Man of Steel” screenwriter David Goyer with every ticket.
- “Man of Steel” Merchandise: Beginning April 28, a variety of “Man of Steel” merchandise such as t-shirts, electronics, posters and more from top brands will be available at Walmart stores and at Walmart.com.
Walmart invites customers to join the conversation and show their excitement for the first screening of “Man of Steel” on Facebookand on Twitter with the hashtag #SeeSteelFirst. For more information and to view the selected theaters please visit:www.walmart.com/ManofSteel.
About “MAN OF STEEL”
From Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures comes “Man of Steel,” starring Henry Cavill in the role of Clark Kent/Superman, under the direction of Zack Snyder. A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.
“Man of Steel” also stars Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni and Russell Crowe. The film is produced by Charles Roven, Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer from a story by Goyer & Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and published by DC Entertainment. Thomas Tull, Lloyd Phillips and Jon Peters serve as executive producers. Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Legendary Pictures, a Syncopy Production, a Zack Snyder Film, “Man of Steel.” Opening nationwide on June 14, 2013, the film will be released in 3D and 2D in select theaters and IMAX®, and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company. “Man of Steel” has been rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction, and for some language. www.manofsteel.com
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit or more than 10,700 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2013 sales of approximately $466 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visitinghttp://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook athttp://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter athttp://twitter.com/walmartnewsroom. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com andhttp://www.samsclub.com.
About Warner Bros. Entertainment
Warner Bros. Entertainment is a global leader in all forms of entertainment and their related businesses across all current and emerging media and platforms. A Time Warner Company, the fully integrated, broad-based studio is home to one of the most successful collections of brands in the world and stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry from feature film, television and home entertainment production and worldwide distribution to DVD, digital distribution, animation, comic books, video games, product and brand licensing, international cinemas and broadcasting.
Comments Off on DC Villains Documentary Announced; Fans at WonderCon 2013 Invited to Participate
“Behind every great hero, there are a whole lot of villains.” – Geoff Johns
NEW DOCUMENTARY NECESSARY EVIL: VILLAINS OF DC COMICS
LEGENDARY VILLAIN CHRISTOPHER LEE NARRATES
BURBANK, CA (March 26, 2013) – The Joker, Bane, Deathstroke, Darkseid and Lex Luthor — the scariest and most menacing villains in DC Comics’ universe — take center stage in a brand new full-length documentary from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) and DC Entertainment (DCE). The joint announcement was made today by WBHE and DCE.
Christopher Lee, who has played the villain more times than almost any other actor, will provide his unique voice as narrator. His roles in more than 200 films include star turns as Dracula, the Mummy and Frankenstein’s monster in Hammer horror classics, Count Dooku in Star Wars, and Saruman in The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit films.
In this new documentary film, the malevolent, sometimes charismatic figures from DC Comics’ hallowed rogues’ gallery will be explored in depth, featuring interviews with the famed creators, storytellers and those who have crafted the personalities and profiles of many of the most notorious villains in comic book history.
Production begins March 30, to coincide with WonderCon at the Anaheim Convention Center March 29-31.
Noted Geoff Johns, best-selling author and DCE’s Chief Creative Officer, “DC Comics is known for many things, but chief among them is the compelling, diverse and legendary society of super-villains who populate its universe. From the monstrous Solomon Grundy to the brutal Black Adam to the charismatic Sinestro, there is no single greater collection of villainy in all of fiction. These villains are hugely popular comic book characters in their own right and, quite honestly, many are often times more popular than some of our iconic super heroes.”
Jeff Baker, WBHE’s Executive Vice President and General Manager, Theatrical Catalog, added “The DC brand is enjoying a huge resurgence thanks to the entire leadership team at DC Entertainment which is driving opportunities not only for new theatrical properties, but for brand extensions as well. This new documentary will reinforce this evolving strategy and leverage DC assets across the entire studio landscape.”
Johns also reiterated that this year’s initiative will be a turning point for DCE. “It’s time we deconstruct these complex and sinister antagonists and celebrate the role they play as the engine and energy of some of the greatest storytelling in comics. 2013 is the Year of the Villain at DC Comics.”
On Saturday, March 30th, fans attending WonderCon are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite DC Comics’ villain for an opportunity to be featured in the documentary Fans can join DCE at WonderCon at booth 801 with filming to take place Saturday from 10:30am – Noon. To find out more about where and what time to meet in the WonderCon DC Entertainment booth, keep checking the DC Comics Facebook (Facebook.com/DCComics) and Twitter sites (@DCComics).
Participation in upcoming ‘cons’ (Comic-Con International: San Diego and New York Comic Con) is anticipated, with a full release scheduled for later in the year.
Comments Off on 1960s Batman TV Show Merchandise Event Reveals SDCC 2013 Exclusive Batusi Figure
WARNER BROS. CONSUMERPRODUCTS LAUNCHES NEWMERCHANDISE LINE BASED ON DCCOMICS 1960’S BATMAN CLASSICTELEVISION SERIES
Kick-Off Event Co-Hosted with Junk Food Clothing and Celebrated with Iconic Adam West, The Original Batmobile, Celebrity Batman Fans and New Product Offerings at Meltdown Comics in Hollywood
Burbank, Calif. – March 22, 2013 — Holy Merchandise, Batman!! Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) officially launched the highly anticipated Batman Classic Television Series licensing program, inspired by the classic DC Comics 1960’s Batman television show, last night at an exclusive event co-hosted with Junk Food Clothing at the famed comic store mecca Meltdown Comics in Hollywood. Leading the impressive roster of licensees supporting the program, Junk Food Clothing, celebrity-favored designer of fashionable t-shirts, unveiled its capsule collection which includes a range of men’s and women’s t-shirts featuring live-action imagery and inspired graphics from the show. The exclusive apparel collection is available at Meltdown Comics or www.junkfoodclothing.com.
Summoned by the Bat-Signal onto the black carpet was the classic Batman, the Bright Knight himself, Adam West, one of the most celebrated Caped Crusaders and star of the classic television series, along with celebrity Batman fans including DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee, musician Chris Daughtry, 90210’s Rumer Willis, Splash’s Katherine Webb,The Neighbors’ Tim Jo, The Walking Dead’s Steven Yeun,Arrow’s Colin Donnell, The Bold and the Beautiful’s Antonio Sabato, Jr., The Twilight Saga’s BooBoo Stewart, The Office’s Melora Hardin, Baby Daddy’s Chelsea Kane, Haven’s Kate Kelton, graffiti artist David Choe, KROQ’s Ralph Garman, Glee’s Josh Sussman, Shrek’s (Broadway adaption) Stephen Kramer Glickman and celebrity DJ Caroline D’Amore kept the crowd going as she set the tone for the event.
“There are so many great and varied iterations of Batman over the storied history and it’s exciting to see a product line, the likes of which we haven’t seen in decades, brought to life for both long-time fans of the Batman Classic TV Series as well as for a new generation of fans,” said Brad Globe, president, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “We are proud of our partnership with Junk Food and the incredible roster of partners including Mattel, Rubie’s Costumes, Mezco, New Era and so many more, who have re-created the characters and creative elements that made the legendary show a pop-culture phenomenon.”
“This TV series introduced a whole new generation to Batmanand I am so proud to have been a part of that phenomenon. Events like this remind us all of the legacy of the show and its staying power for generations to come; and it’s fun to playBatman,” said Adam West.
The new licensing and merchandising program brings to life some of the most celebrated elements of the 1960’s Batman Classic Television Series, including the dynamic duo ofBatman and Robin as well as an arsenal of archenemies such as The Penguin, The Joker and The Riddler, as well asBatman’s famous high-tech gadgetry and, of course, theBatmobile.
On display during the event, guests received a first-hand look at new products inspired by the television series, including the Mattel 2013 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive – a six-inch Figure Batusi Batman from the BATMAN™Classic TV Series line. Mattel also showcased its line-up of never-before-seen six-inch Figure of The Joker, along with the six-inch Figure Assortment of Batman, Robin, The Riddler, The Penguin,Surfing Batman and a collector’s BATMAN™ Classic TV Series Batmobile, as well as the Mattel® vintage-styled Batman Ken® and Catwoman Barbie® Doll. Other partners showcasing product at the event included Rubie’s Costume Co. with their deluxe Batgirl, The Riddler and Catwomancostumes for adults; Mezco with Batman and Robin – in their signature Batmobile, along with The Joker and The RiddlerMez-itz mini-figures; CSS Industries with gift-tags and stationery; and Mead’s 2014 wall calendar inspired by the show. New Era also offered three new, limited-edition caps inspired by the Batman Classic Television Series and available exclusively at Meltdown Comics.
Comic book fans also got a special treat when DC Entertainment unveiled art for its all-new digital comic book series BATMAN ’66, launching in summer 2013. Inspired by the classic TV series, the digital comic book features many fan-favorite characters like Catwoman, The Riddler, The Jokerand, of course, the dynamic duo of Batman and Robin. Written by Jeff Parker, the series will feature cover art by Michael Allred and the first issue will be drawn by Eisner Award winner Jonathan Case. BATMAN ’66 will also be collected and available for sale in monthly print issues.
“The juxtaposition of offering a retro BATMAN ’66 comic as a current and modern digital first title is fun,” stated DC Entertainment President, Diane Nelson. “DC Entertainment is the most prolific producer of digital first comics and, as we work to create new and compelling content, this is a great way to also preserve the legacy of our characters. It’s exciting to roll out the new BATMAN ’66 comic as part of this bigger initiative with our Warner Bros Consumer Product partners.”
Artifacts from the original Batman Classic TV Series were featured during the event, including the original iconicBatmobile, as well as authentic pieces from Comisar Collection that provided the “Robin” costume as worn by actor Burt Ward, the original Bat-Shield that Batman and Robinfrequently used to protect themselves from their foes, the Bat-Phone from the Batmobile and the Bat-O-Rang prop used by Robin throughout the series. In addition, guests had the opportunity to hang out in a replica of the famous Batcave as depicted in the classic television series.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About Junk Food Clothing
Junk Food came onto the scene in 1998 as the original vintage t-shirt company, creating and forever changing the premium t-shirt market. Known for its soft, comfy fabrics and witty art, Junk Food is a celebrity favorite carried throughout the top stores throughout the world. Also a licensing powerhouse, Junk Food has distribution rights to over 800 pop-culture properties across multiple categories including rock & roll, characters, movies, sports, and foods. The brand continues to pave the way for innovation in the fashion industry. From recently launching their first retail stores as QR code walls to creating the first ever t-shirt allowing consumers to register to vote by scanning the graphic with their smartphones, Junk Food is revolutionizing the use of technology in fashion and culture; www.junkfoodclothing.com,www.facebook.com/junkfoodclothing.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games.Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world. In January 2012, DC Entertainment, in collaboration with Warner Bros. and Time Warner divisions, launched We Can Be Heroes—a giving campaign featuring the iconic Justice League super heroes—to raise awareness and funds to fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.
BATMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.