A Super Hero For Every Generation
Warner Bros. Entertainment and DC Entertainment Celebrate Batman’s 75th Anniversary
New Batman 75th Commemorative Logo Unveiled
To mark the milestone 75th anniversary of DC Comics’ Batman, Warner Bros. Entertainment and DC Entertainment have revealed plans for a year-long celebration befitting the world’s most popular Super Hero. Highlights of the anniversary program, which starts today, include a new commemorative 75th anniversary Batman logo and an exclusive “Cape/Cowl/Create” art exhibit, featuring 20 contemporary artists’ interpretation of The Dark Knight’s iconic cowl headpiece and cape from the upcoming Batman: Arkham Knight videogame. There will also be 75th anniversary-related activities across all of Warner Bros. Entertainment throughout the year.
First appearing in the comic book Detective Comics #27, which hit newsstands on March 30, 1939, featuring artwork by Bob Kane and a script by Bill Finger, Batman emerged from the shadows to become the world’s most popular Super Hero and dominate all media. In feature films, TV shows, radio, video games, publishing and merchandise, this most human of Super Heroes has battled some of fiction’s greatest villains using his intellect, cunning and an arsenal of gadgets to further his quest for justice.
“Batman is an incredibly important property with multi-generational appeal across all of the Studio’s businesses, and we’re proud to celebrate this milestone anniversary,” said Kevin Tsujihara, Chief Executive Officer, Warner Bros. Entertainment. “From billion-dollar blockbuster films to TV, home entertainment, video games and consumer products, The Dark Knight continues to resonate with audiences worldwide and rightfully deserves his place as a global pop culture icon for the ages.”
Batman is the single most successful Super Hero film franchise in history and there have been more theatrical movies released based on Batman than any other comic book character. In video games, the Batman Arkham franchise is also the most successful Super Hero game concept ever. Batman consistently breaks records in every incarnation of his character and remains the gold standard by which all other comic book sales are measured.
“Batman is one of the greatest characters ever created, in comics or elsewhere, and even after 75 years he continues to wildly fascinate fans. He is an integral part of pop culture and has successfully captured the imagination of the entire world,” said Diane Nelson, President of DC Entertainment and President & Chief Content Officer, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “The origin of Batman, Bruce Wayne and the famous citizens of Gotham are legendary and likely a story you know inside out, even if you’ve never picked up a comic book in your life, and that speaks volumes to the character’s immense popularity and the constructs of the original mythology.”
The first published adventure of The Bat-Man (as he was then known) was in the May 1939 issue of Detective Comics #27, conceived of and drawn by a 22-year-old Kane with his frequent collaborator, Bill Finger, scripting the story. The character was so successful, that one year later the first comic book devoted exclusively to the Caped Crusader’s adventures, Batman #1, hit newsstands. In that issue, Batman battled The Joker and Catwoman for the first time.
Now, DC Entertainment and the Studio’s various divisions, including Pictures, Television, Animation, Interactive Entertainment, Home Entertainment and Consumer Products, will mark this extraordinary 75th anniversary with a range of highly anticipated events and products.
The new commemorative logo, also released today across social media and websites, takes its cue from the famed Bat symbol, and features block-style lettering of “75 Years.” The mark will be rolled out on Batman-related promotions, products and initiatives.
Key activities planned for the Batman 75th anniversary celebration include:
- DC Entertainment – DC Entertainment has an action-packed year filled with new Batman titles, commemorative issues and variant covers, including the recently released special edition of Detective Comics #27 commemorating Batman’s first appearance in the book in 1939, the new weekly series Batman Eternal launching April 9, and upcoming exclusive Batman variant covers planned for San Diego Comic-Con International in July.
- Batman Day – DC Entertainment is also partnering with thousands of comic retailers, book stores and libraries for “Batman Day” on Wednesday, July 23. Each location will host a Batman 75th anniversary celebration and offer fans a free, special edition Batman comic.
- Interactive Entertainment – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has invited celebrated fashion designer Asher Levine to create a cape and cowl based on the Batsuit of the recently announced Batman: Arkham Knight videogame developed by Rocksteady Studios. Favorite contemporary artists will have the opportunity to use the replicas as a blank canvas to produce their own, original interpretations of Batman’s iconic attire for an all new “Cape/Cowl/Create” art exhibit that will be showcased at San Diego Comic-Con International in July.
- Home Entertainment – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will bring fans an array of new Batman titles throughout the year, including the highly anticipated release of the Batman ’66 TV series for the first time ever. Other new releases include animated films Son of Batman (May 6) and Assault on Arkham (summer 2014). Additionally, a 25th Anniversary Edition of Tim Burton’s Batman feature film will be released in the fall.
- Animation – Warner Bros. Animation has created two all-new Batman animated shorts set for debut in April, with fan-favorite producers Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) and Darwyn Cooke (Batman Beyond) each presenting a unique and familiar take on the Batman animated universe. In addition, Timm will participate in a Batman 75th all-star panel at WonderCon in Anaheim on Saturday, April 19, which will also feature an exclusive premiere of Cooke’s animated short based upon Batman Beyond.
- Television –Warner Bros. Television is in production on the pilot episode of the highly anticipated Gotham, a new one-hour drama for FOX which explores the origin stories of eventual police commissioner James Gordon and the villains that made Gotham City famous. In Gotham, Detective Gordon (Ben McKenzie – Southland) will encounter a familiar cast of characters – including a young Bruce Wayne – as he fights to keep the city safe. Executive producer Bruno Heller (The Mentalist, Rome) wrote the pilot, which is being directed by executive producer Danny Cannon (CSI series, Nikita)
- Pictures – As Batman’s 75th anniversary is celebrated in 2014, Warner Bros. Pictures will begin production of Zack Snyder’s untitled Superman/Batman film starring Henry Cavill, who reprises his role as Superman/Clark Kent, and Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. The film, slated for release summer 2016, will bring the two most iconic Super Heroes of all time together for the first time on the big screen.
- Consumer Products – Warner Bros. Consumer Products has partnered with an array of licensees to celebrate Batman’s 75th Anniversary through special edition and limited-release products. From the classic 1960s TV series to modern day comics, Batman’s presence will be larger than ever in celebration of his legacy through everything from toys to t-shirts.
- DCComics.com – For the latest information and exclusive content celebrating Batman’s 75th anniversary, visit www.Batman75.com. The dedicated section on DC Comics’ website launches today with the Batman 75 Sweepstakes which offers one lucky fan a one-of-a-kind prize package.
Hey, Marshmallows, have we got a contest for you! Here is a chance for one lucky fan to get a DVD copy of the brand-new Veronica Mars movie as well a limited edition trucker hat.
About Veronica Mars
On the eve of graduating law school, Veronica Mars has put Neptune and her amateur sleuthing days behind her. While interviewing at high-end New York law firms, Veronica Mars gets a call from her ex-boyfriend Logan who has been accused of murder. Veronica heads back to Neptune just to help Logan find an attorney, but when things don’t seem right with how Logan’s case is perceived and handled, Veronica finds herself being pulled back into a life she thought she had left behind.
See it In Theaters MARCH 14
Pre-order on DIGITAL HD
ABOUT HOW THE FILM GOT MADE:
Following a record-breaking Kickstarter campaign that ended on April 12, 2013, Veronica Mars was shot over 23 days during June-July 2013. It will be released in selected theaters nationwide on March 14th, 2014.
Veronica Mars: Purity Test Marshmallow Super-fan Trivia
Think you know all there is to know about Neptune, California? Test your Veronica Mars knowledge with all 3 levels of super-fan trivia and find out if you are the ultimate Marshmallow!
Assets used in this contest were supplied to promote Warner Bros.
Giveaway open to the U.S.A.
**All prize packs will ship after the DVD release date ETA May 2014.
Each household is only eligible to win One (1) Veronica Mars Prize Pack via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
Convention Scene and Warner Home Entertainment have a new contest for you. One lucky winner will receive one of the following DVDs (chosen at random):
Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown Deluxe Edition
A Charlie Brown Valentine
Bugs Bunny’s Cupid Capers
Happiness is… Peanuts: Friends Forever
Elmo Loves You
Looney Tunes Pepe Le Pew Collection
Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: For The Love Of Snack
Who is Your Cartoon Crush? – Everyone has had a crush at some point in their lives, but do you know who your cartoon crush is? Is it Scooby-Doo? Charlie Brown? or maybe Bugs Bunny? Find out who you would be romantically perfect with!
Valentine’s Day Recipes! When I think of movie night, the first thing I want to know is… What are the snacks? Here are three easy and fun recipe’s perfect for your Valentine!
Printable Valentine. Need a last minute Valentine card? We’ve got you covered!
RULES: Each household is only eligible to win One (1) Valentines Day DVD Chosen at Random via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
This giveaway is open only to residents in the U.S.
The prize will be sent via FedEx or USPS. No P.O. Boxes please.
KEVIN ALEJANDRO AND MICHAEL JAI WHITE WILL GUEST STAR AS DC COMICS CHARACTERS SEBASTIAN BLOOD AND BRONZE TIGER IN ARROW’S SECOND SEASON
Both Will Go Head-to-Head Against Stephen Amell’s Hooded Vigilante When Arrow Returns October 9
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — Oliver Queen (series star Stephen Amell) will have his work cut out for him when he returns to Starling City on October 9 for the second season of The CW’s #1 series Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c). At today’s Comic-Con panel session in Ballroom 20, fans learned of two new DC Comics characters coming to Starling City — Bronze Tiger and Sebastian Blood. Executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg revealed that Michael Jai White (Spawn, The Dark Knight, Mortal Kombat) will guest star as Bronze Tiger, while Kevin Alejandro (Southland, True Blood, Golden Boy) will appear as Sebastian Blood in upcoming episodes of the acclaimed action drama’s second season (airdates to be announced).
- Michael Jai White plays Ben Turner, a claw-wielding assassin better known as Bronze Tiger, who’s well known to DC Comics fans as a member of both the League of Assassins and the Suicide Squad. On Arrow, he’ll form an unholy alliance with fan-favorite villain China White (played by Kelly Hu), another well-established character in the DC Comics universe.
- Kevin Alejandro plays Sebastian Blood. Drawing inspiration from the iconic New Teen Titans nemesis Brother Blood, Sebastian is an alderman who rises to power in the wake of the earthquake that devastated Starling City in Arrow’s first-season finale. Blood’s “man-of-the-people” popularity instantly places him at odds with Oliver Queen, whose family he blames for the quake.
- In terms of embracing their dark side, Michael Jai White appeared in The Dark Knight with Heath Ledger’s Joker, voiced DC Comics villain Doomsday in the animated Justice League and portrayed the hell-bound title character in New Line Cinema’s Spawn. Kevin Alejandro, on the other hand, is better known for playing cops and detectives (Southland, Golden Boy), but recently his character paid the ultimate price for practicing witchcraft in his role as Jesus Velasquez in True Blood.
- Based upon characters published by DC Comics, Arrow is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Guggenheim and Kreisberg. The series is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television
REVOLUTION DIGITAL CARDS DEBUT AT COMIC-CON®
REVOLUTION FANS “FLOCK TO UNLOCK” NEW SERIES OF DC COMICS DIGITAL CHARACTER CARDS AT HIT SHOW’S COMIC-CON 2013 SESSION
Miles Matheson Character Profile Is First to Be Revealed by Show Creator/Executive Producer Eric Kripke
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — Revolution’s resident anti-militia rebel Miles Matheson has been freed from digital lockdown in today’s packed Comic-Con panel session! Warner Bros. Worldwide TV Marketing, DC Entertainment and NBC have teamed up to create a series of seven original digital trading cards — one for each of Revolution’s series regulars — that can be unlocked when fans tweet the #RevolutionCon hashtag. After more than 1,500 attendees at the Revolution Comic-Con panel tweeted while using the designated #RevolutionCon hashtag, the first card (for Miles Matheson) was revealed in the room by show creator/executive producer Eric Kripke. Subsequent cards will be revealed as fans continue hitting further social media thresholds.
- Created by a DC Comics artist in conjunction with Revolution producers, each profile card features an illustrated graphic of each of the seven series regulars — Miles Matheson (Billy Burke), Tom Neville (Giancarlo Esposito), Jason Neville (JD Pardo), Sebastian Monroe (David Lyons), Aaron Pittman (Zak Orth), Rachel Matheson (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos) — as well as a brief summary of the characters.
- In addition to the original illustration and overview of the characters’ journeys, each card contains a hidden letter which, when combined with the hidden letters on the other cards, reveals a written clue about the show’s second season. Fans must collect all seven to unlock the hidden message.
- The cards were unveiled to the Revolution fandom at the show’s Comic-Con panel session on Saturday afternoon. Soon after introducing the “Flock to Unlock” initiative and a collective call to action, members of the audience began tweeting en masse to the #RevolutionCon hashtag, prompting the release of the first digital profile (Miles Matheson).
- Upon reaching announced Twitter thresholds for each subsequent character, the remaining cards will be released on Revolution’s Facebook,Twitter and Tumblr pages throughout the weekend and into next week, as fans continue tweeting. As each of the cards is unveiled, fans can find the hidden letters, leading to the season two message. After being unlocked, all of these digital profiles will live on an NBC.com microsite at www.nbc.com/revolution/cards, with links to the Revolution show homepage at www.nbc.com/revolution.
NBC’s #1 scripted television series returns for its second season on Sept. 25, airing on a new day and time: Wednesdays at 8/7c. Starring Billy Burke (Twilight movies), Tracy Spiridakos (Being Human), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Zak Orth (Melinda and Melinda), David Lyons (ER), JD Pardo (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2) and Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost), Revolution was created by Eric Kripke (Supernatural) and is executive produced by Kripke, J.J. Abrams (Lost, Fringe, Person of Interest), Bryan Burk (Lost, Fringe, Person of Interest), Rockne S. O’Bannon (Defiance, V) and Jon Favreau (Iron Man movies).
From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television, Revolution is an epic adventure that follows a family’s struggle to reunite in a post-apocalyptic American landscape where every piece of technology had mysteriously blacked out worldwide. Setting in motion a swashbuckling journey that led to the reason the lights went out, the season one finale found the show’s heroes at the Tower and the switch to turn the lights back on — but the mystery of the blackout is just the beginning.
Become a fan of the show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Revolution and follow the show on Twitter at @NBCRevolution. For additional information about Warner Bros. Television activities at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC) and visitwww.thewb.com/comiccon.
Another day…another digest! Get all the latest SDCC photos, reports, videos, and more. Updates throughout the day.
WHO ARE THOSE CAPED DEMON-HUNTERS?
SUPERNATURAL’S JARED PADALECKI AND JENSEN ACKLES GET IN TOUCH WITH THEIR INNER SUPER HEROES IN PREPARATION FOR COMIC-CON 2013 WITH THE SIGNATURE WARNER BROS. CAPED BACKPACK
BURBANK, Calif. (July 17, 2013) — Men in … Capes? In preparation for Comic-Con 2013, Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles got in touch with the super hero within by modeling Warner Bros. signature caped Comic-Con backpacks. With production on the ninth season of the hit series just beginning and an appearance at 2013 Comic-Con International: San Diego this Sunday, series stars Padalecki and Ackles took a moment to show off the Supernatural bag and more importantly, to road-test its fashion cape accessory!
- To get a closer look at the Supernatural bag as well as images of all the Warner Bros. TV series Comic-Con bags, click here: http://bit.ly/12H1gXG
- Supernatural returns to Hall H at Comic Con on Sunday, July 21, from 10:00–11:00 AM with a special video presentation as well as a cast/producer Q&A. Recurring guest star Mark A. Sheppard joins series stars Padalecki, Ackles and Misha Collins alongside executive producers Jeremy Carver and Robert Singer. Additionally, the cast and executive producers will be signing for fans at the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) afterward at 12:45–1:30 PM.
- Supernatural returns for its ninth season on October 15, 2013, airing on a new day this fall: Tuesdays at 9/8c on The CW.
SCIENCE + ART + POP CULTURE = #BIGBANGTHEORY
THE BIG BANG THEORY ARTIST SERIES DEBUTS AT COMIC-CON®, FEATURING ORIGINAL WORKS INSPIRED BY THE SHOW AND CREATED BY SELECT ARTISTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Seven Original Pieces to Be Exhibited at the Warner Bros. Booth; Limited-Edition Litho Prints Available for Purchase Through Huckleberry
Additional Pieces and Artwork to Be Revealed Throughout the Year, with More Exhibitions Featuring All Artists in the Series to Follow
Merchandise Based on the Artist Series and Future Prints Will Be Available at Select Events and Retailers
BURBANK, Calif. (July 16, 2013) — Comic-Con fan favorite The Big Bang Theory (Thursdays 8/7c CBS) returns to San Diego in 2013, and this year, TV’s #1 comedy makes its appearance at the Con not only in a Friday panel session — but also in fine art form. Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing and Warner Bros. Consumer Products have launched The Big Bang Theory Artist Series, an exclusive collaboration with a select group of leading and emerging artists to celebrate TV’s #1 comedy and its oft-imitated geek-chic aesthetic with a series of original artworks that will debut at Comic-Con.
Seven original pieces from The Big Bang Theory Artist Series will be exhibited in a gallery space within the Warner Bros. booth, and limited-edition litho prints of two of the selections will be available for sale at the Huckleberry booth. Exhibitions of additional pieces and artwork from the Artist Series, as well as future prints and additional merchandise based upon the series, will follow in upcoming months.
- The Studio invited artists from the U.S. and around the globe to collaborate on The Big Bang Theory Artist Series and to express their visual interpretation of the smash series, its characters and its themes. Artists from Korea, Mexico, the UK, Italy, Germany, the U.S. and more have contributed original works in a variety of mediums and styles — ranging from street art to fine art and from digital to illustration — all inspired by The Big Bang Theory.
- Fans can see the first installment of the Artist Series, with seven original pieces on display at the Warner Bros. booth, #4545 on the convention floor.
- 250 limited-edition offset lithographic prints of the creations by Martin Hsu (“Big Bang Cats”) and Jerrod Maruyama (“Little Big Bang Theory”) can be purchased for $45 per print at the Huckleberry booth, #3449 on the convention floor. Additionally, artists Hsu and Maruyama will be on hand to sign their prints on Friday, July 19, at the Huckleberry booth (time TBD).
- Throughout the next year, WBTVG and WBCP will reveal additional participating artists, unveil new pieces and artwork, and announce upcoming gallery exhibitions featuring all artists in the series. Original merchandise based upon the Artist Series and future lithographic prints will be available at select events and retailers.
- Continue to visit www.thewb.com and www.facebook.com/theWB for information about merchandise and artist updates. For information about future print sales, please visit www.chara-covers.com.
Details on the seven original pieces from The Big Bang Theory Artist Series on display at the Warner Bros. booth are as follows:
- “Big Bang Cats” by Martin Hsu. San Francisco artist Martin Hsu found inspiration in the peculiar feline characteristics of cat breeds when looking for a perfect match for the eccentric Big Bang characters.
- “Little Big Bang Theory” by Jerrod Maruyama. Specializing in character concept and design, freelance illustrator Jerrod Maruyama looks for the “cute” in everything and found a natural fit with these adorable cartoon characters in an almost toylike, kawaii homage.
- “Zero2Hero” by Dez Einswell. As part of his signature style, Dez Einswell draws out the iconic nature of each character, blending both super hero and fanboy imagery.
- “Doctor Cooper” by Nan Lawson. Self-taught Silverlake illustrator Nan Lawson found inspiration in Sheldon Cooper’s charming and humorous perspective of how the world works.
- “Friendship Formula” by David Zajdman X Munky King. Using Munky King’s Omi (designer toy) aesthetic, Zajdman presents his own variable on Sheldon Cooper’s “Friendship Algorithm.”
- “In the Beginning There Was Nothing Which Exploded” by Richard J. Oliver. Welsh artist Richard Oliver creates a visual representation of theBig Bang characters in the old comic book style fused with that of more contemporary graphic novels.
- “The Big Bang” by Sakiroo Choi. Internationally prominent Korean illustrator and artist Sakiroo Choi was inspired by Stephen Hawking’s groundbreaking research, as well as scientific themes found in The Big Bang Theory. This piece expresses the idea that the singular Dr. Sheldon Cooper — similar to a black hole — is unaffected by the gravitational pull of everything that surrounds him.
About The Big Bang Theory
The Big Bang Theory stars Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch. Chuck Lorre, Steven Molaro and Bill Prady serve as executive producers of the series, which was created by Lorre & Prady. From Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, The Big Bang Theory airs Thursdays at 8/7c on CBS, and the seventh season premieres on September 26.
Founded in 2006, Huckleberry dedicated itself to designing well-made, imaginative products to foster fun, creative play for kids of all ages.
PREPARE TO TAKE FLIGHT AT COMIC-CON® 2013
WARNER BROS. AND COMIC-CON TURN FANS INTO SUPER HEROES WITH OFFICIAL BAG OF SDCC 2013 — COMPLETE WITH CAPE!
Collectible Backpacks & Detachable Capes Highlight TV’s Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, Revolution, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Teen Titans Go!; Feature Films Godzilla, The LEGO® Movie and 300: Rise of an Empire; DC Universe Original Animated Movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox; And the Classic Batman TV Series
BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2013) — It’s a backpack. It’s a cape. It’s a backpack with a cape! Warner Bros. Entertainment will once again sponsor the official bag at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013, to be distributed to fans when checking in at the Con, the Studio announced today. This marks the fourth year that Warner Bros. and Comic-Con have joined forces to produce and distribute what Entertainment Weekly once called the convention’s “ubiquitous accessory,” ensuring that attendees have a unique keepsake from the world’s leading pop culture convention. Plus, for fans in San Diego who forgot their costumes, the “must-have” bag (according to Deadline Hollywood) not only lets attendees tote copious amounts of swag, but they can also flaunt their super hero side with the backpack’s detachable cape!
- More than 130,000 of the bags have been produced and will be provided to Comic-Con attendees throughout the convention.
- The all-new 2013 edition is fashioned as a backpack and features a built-in cape — to assist the super hero in all of us race to panels, of course. The detachable cape can be worn separately, as can the backpack.
- Each of the bags, designed by Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing, feature double-sided artwork, with the all-new Comic-Con 2013 official design on one side and the other side highlighting titles from the Studio’s TV series, theatrical motion pictures and original animated movies.
- The television show titles are Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, Revolution,Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! (with Beware the Batman cape!) and The Vampire Diaries.
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s DC Universe Original Animated Movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox will be featured, as will the classic Batman TV series.
- Attendees can also tote their swag in bags featuring artwork from the forthcoming motion picturesGodzilla, The LEGO® Movie and 300: Rise of an Empire.
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit www.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter at @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC). For official information about Comic-Con 2013, visitwww.comic-con.org and follow Comic-Con on Twitter at @Comic_Con.
DYNAMIC DUO SPRINGS BACK INTO ACTION!
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND TV GUIDE MAGAZINE RETEAM TO DELIVER FANS THE ULTIMATE COMIC-CON® SWAG ITEM:
A SPECIAL EDITION OF THE MAGAZINE DEVOTED EXCLUSIVELY TO PROGRAMMING FROM THE STUDIO
Collect All Four Sets of Flip Covers Featuring Arrow’s Stephen Amell;
Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles;
The Vampire Diaries’ Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder;
The Originals’ Joseph Morgan and Charles Michael Davis;
Superman 75 and Batman
Get It at the Warner Bros. Booth at Comic-Con, or Buy at Newsstands and on Digital Platforms Beginning July 17
BURBANK, Calif. (July 10, 2013) — TV’s super alliance continues as Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) andTV Guide Magazine join forces once again to deliver fans the ultimate Comic-Con swag item for the fourth consecutive year: a Warner Bros.–themed Comic-Con special edition of the magazine, with insider scoop and behind-the scenes action from the Studio’s series as well as four sets of collectible “flip” covers featuring Arrow star Stephen Amell; Supernatural stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles; The Vampire Diaries stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; and The Originals stars Joseph Morgan and Charles Michael Davis; in addition to a set dedicated to the 75th anniversary of Superman, with Batman on the flip cover.
For a sneak peek at the four sets of flip covers and to download all eight cover designs, click here:http://bit.ly/18LY702
- Comic-Con Distribution at the Warner Bros. Booth: The Warner Bros. TV Guide Magazine special issues will be distributed to fans for free at the Warner Bros. booth — #4545 on the convention floor — throughout Comic-Con, beginning on preview night, Wednesday, July 17, and continuing through Sunday, July 21.
- Newsstand and Digital Platforms: For those unable to attend Comic-Con in person, all four sets of collectible flip covers will be on sale from July 17 at newsstands wherever TV Guide Magazineis sold. The special issue will also be available digitally on iPad, Nook, Kindle Fire, Zinio and Google platforms.
The 88-page special issue is packed with features and photos dedicated to the following programs:
- Returning WBTV favorites Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, Nikita, Person of Interest,Revolution, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Childrens Hospital
- Previews of WBTV’s highly anticipated new series Almost Human, from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Fringe’s J.H. Wyman, starring Karl Urban (Star Trek films) and Michael Ealy (Underworld: Awakening); The Tomorrow People, from executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries), Danny Cannon (Nikita) and Phil Klemmer (Chuck), and based on the original UK series; The Vampire Diaries spinoff series The Originals, from Julie Plec; The 100, in which 100 juvenile delinquents are sent to Earth years after a nuclear apocalypse to see if the planet is habitable; and more…
- An inside look at Warner Bros. Animation’s hit series MAD, The Looney Tunes Show and Teen Titans Go!, as well as new program Beware the Batman and the upcoming The Tom and Jerry Show
And there’s more! Including:
- An exclusive Arrow comic created by DC Comics and penned by TV series executive producer Marc Guggenheim
- A sneak peek inside the upcoming DC Universe Original Animated Movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment
- An in-depth look at the television history of the man of steel — Superman — in honor of the character’s 75th anniversary
- Behind-the-scenes photos from the TV Guide Magazine yacht and Warner Bros. Television media cocktail event at Comic-Con 2012
- A look back at pop-culture costumes seen on The Big Bang Theory
- Burning questions answered about fans’ favorite shows, including the final season of Nikita
- And much more…!
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom(hashtag #WBSDCC) and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon. And follow TV Guide Magazine on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/TVGuideMagazine and on Twitter @TVGuideMagazine.