TOTE YOUR FAVE COMIC-CON® 2014 LOOT IN THE OFFICIAL BAG FROM WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT
WARNER BROS. AND COMIC-CON ONCE AGAIN TEAM UP TO PROVIDE OFFICIAL BAG OF SDCC 2014 — WITH 13 DIFFERENT DESIGNS!
The Collectible Bags Double as a Backpack and Highlight Warner Bros. Television’s Arrow, Constantine, The Flash, The Following, Gotham, iZOMBIE, The Originals, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Mike Tyson Mysteries and Teen Titans Go!
Plus Two Totes Tout DC Comics’ Famed Caped Crusader, Batman — One Bag Celebrates the 75th Anniversary, the Other the Classic 1966 TV Series
BURBANK, Calif. (July 17, 2014) — The bags are back! Comic-Con 2014 attendees hoping for a colorful and commemorative keepsake bag to hold their best swag are once again in luck. For the fifth year running, Warner Bros. Entertainment and Comic-Con have teamed up to produce and distribute the official bag of Comic-Con, which will be distributed to fans when checking it at the Con. The highly coveted bag, which can also be worn conveniently as a backpack, has been called a “must-have” by Variety and Comic-Con’s “ubiquitous accessory” by Entertainment Weekly.
- More than 130,000 of the bags have been produced and will be provided to Comic-Con attendees throughout the convention.
- The all-new 2014 edition again features backpack styling and features 13 different designs.
- Designed by Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing, each bag features double-sided artwork, with the all-new Comic-Con 2014 official design on one side and the other side highlighting titles from the Studio’s TV series and the 75th anniversary of Batman.
- Current Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series featured on the SDCC bags are Arrow, Constantine, The Flash, The Following, Gotham, iZOMBIE, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries.
- And two of the bags will feature DC Comics’ legendary caped crusader: one design will celebrate the 75th anniversary celebration of Batman, and another will highlight the classic and iconic Batman TV series from 1966.
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit comiccon.thewb.com and follow @warnerbrostv on Twitter (hashtag #WBSDCC). For official information about Comic-Con 2014, visit www.comic-con.org and follow Comic-Con on Twitter at @Comic_Con.
YEAR FIVE OF THE EPIC PARTNERSHIP CONTINUES!
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND TV GUIDE MAGAZINE JOIN FORCES ONCE AGAIN ON A SPECIAL COMIC-CON® EDITION OF THE MAGAZINE SHOWCASING THE STUDIO’S PROGRAMMING
The 2014 Edition Features Four Sets of Collectible Flip Covers, Including Arrow’s Stephen Amell; The Flash’s Grant Gustin; The Following’s Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles; The Vampire Diaries’ Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; Constantine’s Matt Ryan; a Celebration of Batman’s 75th Anniversary; and Gotham
Available at the Warner Bros. Booth at Comic-Con, or on Newsstands and Digital Platforms Beginning July 22
BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2014) — Super friends Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and TV Guide Magazine have joined forces for the fifth year in a row, teaming up on a special Warner Bros.–themed Comic-Con special edition of the magazine, taking fans behind the scenes of their favorite series and offering up four sets of collectible “flip” covers featuring Arrow star Stephen Amell; The Flash star Grant Gustin; The Following stars Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy; Supernatural stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles; The Vampire Diaries stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; Constantine star Matt Ryan; a celebration of the 75th anniversary of Batman; and Gotham.
- Get it at the Warner Bros. Booth at Comic-Con: Warner Bros. will distribute the TV Guide Magazine special issue to fans for free at the Warner Bros. booth — #4545 on the convention floor — throughout Comic-Con, beginning on Preview Night, Wednesday, July 23, and continuing through Sunday, July 27.
- Newsstand and Digital Platforms: For those unable to attend Comic-Con in person, all four sets of collectible flip covers will be on sale from July 22 at newsstands nationwide. The special issue will also be available on major digital platforms, including Nook, Kindle Fire, Zinio and Google.
Fans combing through the 88-page special issue will find features and photos dedicated to the following programs:
- Returning Comic-Con favorites The 100, Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Childrens Hospital
- Previews of WBTV’s highly anticipated new origin series Gotham, from Bruno Heller (The Mentalist), starring Ben McKenzie (Southland), Donal Logue (Vikings) and Jada Pinkett Smith (The Matrix films); The Flash, from Arrow executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, and director David Nutter; Constantine, from executive producers Daniel Cerone (Dexter) and David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight films); and iZOMBIE from executive producers Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright.
- A colorfully out-of-the-lines look at Warner Bros. Animation’s hit series Teen Titans Go! and The Tom and Jerry Show, as well as a sneak peek at upcoming DC Nation shorts as well as new series Mike Tyson Mysteries, Be Cool Scooby-Doo! and Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production
And that’s not all, folks. There’s more, including:
- An exclusive DC Entertainment comic, “60 Seconds in the Life of Barry Allen” (aka The Flash), written by The Flash writers Geoff Johns, Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti
- A sneak peek inside the upcoming DC Universe Original Animated Movie Batman: Assault on Arkham from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment
- A look at 75 years of Bat-Mania in honor of the Caped Crusader’s 75th anniversary, in addition to a DC Comics preview of Dick Grayson’s (aka Robin) new spy series, Grayson
- Behind-the-scenes photos from the TV Guide Magazine yacht and photo booth at Comic-Con 2013
- All the scoop on the stories behind Oliver Queen’s scars on Arrow; a one-on-one interview with The Big Bang Theory’s Kunal Nayyar; the lethal stats on Joe Carroll’s killer minions from The Following; and more
- Burning questions answered about fans’ favorite shows, including The 100, Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries
- And so much more…!
For additional information about Warner Bros. Television’s activities at Comic-Con, please follow @warnerbrostv on Twitter and join in the conversation by using hashtag #WBSDCC, or visit http://comiccon.thewb.com. Follow TV Guide Magazine on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TVGuideMagazine and on Twitter at @TVGuideMagazine, hashtag #TVGMYacht.
Warner Bros. to Showcase The Hobbit, Mad Max, Jupiter Ascending, Into the Storm, and More at SDCC 2014
Warner Bros. Entertainment to Deliver Unparalleled Showcase of Upcoming Content to Comic-Con Crowd
Warner Bros.’ divisions—Pictures, Television, Interactive, Home Entertainment and DC Entertainment—prepare to dazzle fans of all ages, each with its own variety of panels and presentations, including “The Hobbit” Trilogy, “Gotham,” “Batman: Arkham Knight,” “Batman: The Complete Television Series,” and much more
BURBANK, Calif.–Warner Bros. Entertainment will plant its flag at Comic-Con International: San Diego this year with a huge presence, with each individual division touting its upcoming offerings, including Film, Television, Interactive and Home Entertainment, as well as a variety of product from DC Entertainment, whose celebrations in honor of 75 years of one of the world’s most beloved Super Heroes—Batman—will be in full swing.
On Saturday, July 26th, beginning at 10 a.m., Warner Bros. Pictures brings three of its most hotly anticipated films to this year’s Con: Peter Jackson will be on the main stage with “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies,” from New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, and George Miller will be on hand to present a first look at “Mad Max: Fury Road,” from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. The Hall H audience will also get a peek at the Wachowskis’ original sci-fi actioner “Jupiter Ascending,” also from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. Attending stars will be revealed at a later date.
In addition to the Studio’s Hall H presentation, Warner Bros. will also host a pre-Con fan screening of New Line Cinema and Village Roadshow Pictures’ upcoming “cli-fi” thriller “Into the Storm,” directed by Steven Quale. The screening will take place on Wednesday, July 23rd, at 10 p.m. at the Gas Lamp Theatre.
Warner Bros. Television Group returns to Comic-Con with 15 series in 2014, holding panels throughout the four days of the Con for fan-favorite series including “The Big Bang Theory,” “The Following,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries” and “Teen Titans Go!,” among many others, as well as once again kicking off the Con with screenings of new series “The Flash,” “Constantine” and more on Wednesday’s Preview Night.
On Saturday night, July 26th, it’s all DC Entertainment all night in Hall H when Warner Bros. Television treats attendees to a three-hour special event designed specifically for DC Comics fans and featuring some of DC Comics’ greatest characters. The event will run from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and will feature the world premiere public screening of the highly anticipated new drama series “Gotham” (the only screening of “Gotham” at this year’s Comic-Con), followed by a screening of the complete pilot of “The Flash,” and exclusive video presentations from returning hit “Arrow” and new thriller “Constantine.” Cast members and producers from all four shows will make special appearances throughout the three-hour event. For complete information on Warner Bros. Television’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv—official hashtag #WBSDCC—and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
In concert with all the WB divisions, DC Entertainment continues to fête Batman’s 75th year, making the icon the centerpiece of their offerings, including all-star panel appearances by Batman talent as well as a rare display of some of the canon’s most famous film costumes in history—those worn by Christian Bale, George Clooney, Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton—on display in the DC Entertainment booth. The character will also appear on the cover of the Con’s official souvenir book, and on a Con-exclusive T-shirt designed by DC Entertainment Co-Publisher and legendary artist, Jim Lee.
Lee will also participate in the Batman 75: Legends of the Dark Knight panel discussion with veteran Batman creatives Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, Denny O’Neil, Neal Adams, current series writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo, and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. The panel will take place at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 24th.
Johns and artist John Romita, Jr., the new creative team behind Superman, will explore their upcoming plans for the Super Hero, as will the husband-and-wife creative team behind comics’ most beloved heroine, Wonder Woman, writer Meredith Finch and artist David Finch.
In addition to their numerous other activities, including 20 panels over the course of the Con, the company will also reveal plans for numerous upcoming titles for DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD Magazine imprints, as well as unveiling new action figures from DC Collectibles, including those commemorating The CW and WBTV’s “Arrow” and “The Flash,” as well as a stellar new line based on the upcoming videogame “Batman: Arkham Knight,” from WBIE.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, in celebration of the upcoming release of Rocksteady Studios’ “Batman: Arkham Knight,” will host the Cape/Cowl/Create art exhibit, open to the public daily from July 25th through the 27th, 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Hard Rock San Diego Hotel’s Legends Room. This free public exhibition will feature true-to-scale replicas of the game’s cape and cowl used as a blank canvas by top contemporary artists to produce their own original interpretations.
On Friday, July 25th, at 12:30 p.m., WBIE and Monolith Productions will host a panel for the anticipated game “Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor,” discussing how the game’s innovation evolves storytelling while exploring the history of the Rings of Power. Panelists will include Monolith’s Michael de Plater and Phil Straub, as well as the game’s lead writer, Christian Cantamessa, and voice actor Troy Baker, moderated by Professor Janet Croft.
And Sunday, July 27th, at 1:00 p.m., WBIE will also host a panel for “LEGO™ Batman 3: Beyond Gotham,” developed by TT Games, with an exclusive gameplay demonstration, character reveals, special announcements and a lively panel discussion with several members of the voice cast featured in the game. Also, throughout the Con, the game will be available for the first time for hands-on play by consumers.
Blanketing the Con from start to finish with entertainment and activities for fans, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment celebrates its coming release of Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ summer blockbuster “Godzilla” with a four-day interactive display on the lawn behind Hall H. From Wednesday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day, view the 24-foot tall sculpture of the king of the monsters, along with fan art and a graffiti wall where visitors can memorialize their favorite Godzilla moments. Giveaways and photo opportunities will also be available.
From 6:00 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 24th, WBHE hosts Batman ’66, reuniting pop icons Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar on the Hall H stage for “Batman: The Complete Television Series.” Moderated by Ralph Garman, the actors behind Batman, Robin and Catwoman will give the audience an inside look at the exclusive content contained in the Home Entertainment release due out later this year, as well as present dazzling high-definition re-mastered footage from the landmark series.
On Friday, July 25th, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., it’s the world premiere of “Batman: Assault on Arkham,” the next entry in the ongoing series of DC Universe Original Movies, due out on Digital HD on July 29th and as a Blu-rayTM Combo Pack on August 12th. Produced by WBHE, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, the full-length animated film is based on the best-selling “Batman: Arkham” videogame series. Lucky attendees at the Ballroom 20 event will also be treated to a panel discussion featuring Kevin Conroy of “Batman: The Animated Series,” Matthew Gray Gubler, Troy Baker and John DiMaggio, and the filmmaking team of producer James Tucker, director Jay Oliva, dialogue director Andrea Romano, screenwriter Heath Corson, and moderator Victor Lucas. There will also be special announcements, exclusive prizes and a few potential surprises.
The final day of the Con, Sunday, July 27th—Kids’ Day—will see WBHE’s world premiere of the family animated film “Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy” at 10:00 a.m. in Room 6BCF. The story follows everyone’s favorite Great Dane and the Mystery Inc. gang on a trip to a cursed castle inhabited by a terrifying ghost. Attendees can stay for a panel discussion among several of the voice actors, including Mindy Cohn and Grey Griffin, director/producer Paul McEvoy and screenwriter Jim Krieg. The feature will be available August 5th on Digital HD, and on Blu-rayTM Combo Pack and DVD on August 19th.
On the same day in Room 6A, at 2:15 p.m., animation fans can also watch the world premiere of the beloved cat-and-mouse duo Tom and Jerry in “Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon,” an hour-long feature filled with song, sorcery and slapstick. Filmmakers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone will be on hand to present the film, which will be released on Digital HD on August 19th, and on DVD on September 2nd.
And fans of the extensive WBHE library will be able to enjoy panels discussing some of their newest and greatest classic offerings: on Saturday the 26th at 1:00 p.m., Warner Archive Collection presents Trailers From Hell Live! A match made in classic movie heaven, the gurus of TFH, paired with the fan-centric trio of WAC podcasters, make a detailed, often humorous dissection of trailers from some of the great films in the fanboy spectrum. From sci-fi and horror to action and noir, it’s an education on current and upcoming releases in the WAC catalog and Warner Archive Instant, from a panel that includes Josh Olson and WAC Podcast hosts George Feltenstein, Matthew Patterson and DW Ferranti. In Room 25ABC.
At 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, WAC presents A Batman for all Seasons. Join respected producer/author Michael Uslan, producer James Tucker, producer/director Brandon Vietti, WAC Podcast hosts Patterson and Ferranti and surprise guests, as they examine Batman iterations and oddities throughout history, from early films like “Public Defender” and the Batman cartoons, to new versions of the character, the off-kilter takes and new media. Attendees who stick around to the end will be privy to a special WAC announcement that will excite fans both “Young” and old. Room 7AB.
About “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”
“The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” is the epic, action-packed third and final film in Oscar-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson’s epic “The Hobbit” Trilogy. The film stars Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Evangeline Lilly, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ken Stott, and James Nesbitt, with Cate Blanchett, Ian Holm, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving and Orlando Bloom. Jackson directed from a screenplay by Fran Walsh & Philippa Boyens & Peter Jackson & Guillermo del Toro, based on the novel by J.R.R. Tolkien. The film is produced by Carolynne Cunningham, Zane Weiner, Fran Walsh and Peter Jackson, with Alan Horn, Toby Emmerich, Ken Kamins and Carolyn Blackwood serving as executive producers. New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures present, a Wingnut Films production, “The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies,” opening in theatres nationwide on December 17, 2014.
About “Mad Max: Fury Road”
Oscar-winning filmmaker George Miller’s “Mad Max: Fury Road” revisits his own post-apocalyptic trilogy featuring the anti-hero known as Mad Max. Tom Hardy stars in the role of Max Rockatansky, alongside Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Zoe Kravitz, Riley Keough, Hugh Keays-Byrne and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Miller directed from a screenplay he wrote with Brendan McCarthy and Nico Lathouris. Miller also produces, along with Doug Mitchell and P.J. Voeten. Iain Smith, Graham Burke and Bruce Berman serve as executive producers. “Mad Max: Fury Road” is a Kennedy Miller Mitchell production. The film will be presented by Warner Bros. Pictures, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures. Scheduled for release on May 15, 2015, it will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
About “Jupiter Ascending”
“Jupiter Ascending” is written and directed by the Wachowskis and produced by Grant Hill, Lana Wachowski and Andy Wachowski. Roberto Malerba and Bruce Berman served as executive producers. The film stars Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis, with Sean Bean, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth, Tuppence Middleton, Doona Bae, James D’Arcy and Tim Pigott-Smith. Set for release February 6, 2015, “Jupiter Ascending” is a Warner Bros. Pictures presentation, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, in association with Anarchos Productions. It will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
About “Into the Storm”
“Into the Storm” was directed by Steven Quale, from a screenplay from John Swetnam, and stars Richard Armitage, Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Arlen Escarpeta, Max Deacon, Nathan Kress and Jeremy Sumpter. Todd Garner produced the film, with Richard Brener, Walter Hamada, Dave Neustadter, Mark McNair, Jeremy Stein and Bruce Berman serving as executive producers. New Line Cinema presents, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, a Broken Road production, “Into the Storm.” The film will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
Airing Mondays at 8/7c this fall on FOX, “Gotham” stars Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor, Erin Richards, David Mazouz, Camren Bicondova, Zabryna Guevara, Cory Michael Smith, Victoria Cartagena, Andrew Stewart-Jones and Jada Pinkett Smith. Bruno Heller wrote the “Gotham” pilot, which was directed by Danny Cannon. Heller, Cannon and John Stephens are executive producers of the series, which is based on the characters from DC Comics and is a production of Warner Bros. Television.
About “The Flash”
Premiering October 7th and airing Tuesdays at 8/7c on The CW, “The Flash” stars Grant Gustin, Candice Patton, Rick Cosnett, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, with Tom Cavanagh and Jesse L. Martin. John Wesley Shipp guest stars. Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and DC Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns wrote “The Flash” pilot, which was directed by David Nutter. Berlanti, Kreisberg, Nutter and Sarah Schechter are executive producers of “The Flash,” which is based upon the characters from DC Comics and is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
Returning for its third season October 8th, “Arrow” airs Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW. Starring Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Willa Holland, Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, with John Barrowman and Paul Blackthorne, “Arrow” was developed and is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg. Based upon the characters from DC Comics, “Arrow” is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
Premiering October 24th, “Constantine” will air Fridays at 10/9c on NBC and stars Matt Ryan, Charles Halford and Harold Perrineau. Based on the characters from DC Comics and produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Warner Bros. Television, “Constantine” is executive produced by Daniel Cerone and David S. Goyer. Neil Marshall directed the pilot from a teleplay by Cerone and story by Cerone & Goyer.
Gareth Edwards directed “Godzilla,” which stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Oscar nominee Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, Oscar winner Juliette Binoche, and Sally Hawkins, with Oscar nominee David Strathairn and Bryan Cranston. The screenplay is by Max Borenstein, story by David Callaham, based on the character “Godzilla” owned and created by TOHO CO., LTD. Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni produced with Mary Parent and Brian Rogers. Patricia Whitcher and Alex Garcia served as executive producers, alongside Yoshimitsu Banno and Kenji Okuhira. Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures present a Legendary Pictures production, a Gareth Edwards film, “Godzilla.” The film was distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, except in Japan, where it will be distributed by Toho Co., Ltd. Legendary Pictures is a division of Legendary Entertainment.
OUT OF THE SHADOWS AND INTO THE LIMELIGHT
OLIVER QUEEN HIMSELF, ARROW STAR STEPHEN AMELL, TO SERVE AS MASTER OF CEREMONIES AS WARNER BROS. TELEVISION PRESENTS A NIGHT OF DC ENTERTAINMENT, SATURDAY, JULY 26, AT COMIC-CON 2014
Three-Hour Event (8:00–11:00 p.m.) in Hall H Features the World Premiere of Gotham, Complete Pilot Screening of The Flash and Exclusive Footage From New Series Constantine and Season Three of Arrow
BURBANK, Calif. (July 8, 2014) — While it may be possible to throw a great party without the assistance and backing of a billionaire playboy, Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and DC Entertainment (DCE) are taking no chances, with Starling City’s favorite vigilante-turned-hero stepping out of the shadows and into the limelight, temporarily putting down his bow in favor of picking up a mic: Arrow star Stephen Amell (Twitter: @amellywood) has been tapped to serve as master of ceremonies when Warner Bros. Television Presents A Night of DC Entertainment on Saturday night, July 26, at Comic-Con 2014.
As previously announced, WBTV and DC Entertainment are teaming up for a three-hour (8:00–11:00 p.m.) special event in Hall H designed for DC Comics fans and featuring some of DC Comics’ greatest characters. Amell will preside over the world premiere screening of Gotham and the complete pilot screening of The Flash, and will give fans a look at footage from the Constantine pilot and a sneak peek at season three of Arrow. He will also introduce select stars and producers from each of the four series.
In Arrow, Stephen Amell plays Oliver Queen, who returned home to Starling City after being gone for five years, during which time he suffered unimaginable ordeals. With a mysterious agenda and armed with a new set of skills, Oliver moonlights as the Arrow, a crime-fighting hero looking to clean up the streets of his city. Joined by his team — John Diggle (David Ramsey), Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) and Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) — Oliver protects the people he loves, becoming a beacon of hope for the city’s most vulnerable, and a weapon of justice against those who prey upon them. Arrow returns for season three on October 8, airing Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW.
A Super Hero For Every Generation
Warner Bros. Entertainment and DC Entertainment Celebrate Batman’s 75th Anniversary
New Batman 75th Commemorative Logo Unveiled
To mark the milestone 75th anniversary of DC Comics’ Batman, Warner Bros. Entertainment and DC Entertainment have revealed plans for a year-long celebration befitting the world’s most popular Super Hero. Highlights of the anniversary program, which starts today, include a new commemorative 75th anniversary Batman logo and an exclusive “Cape/Cowl/Create” art exhibit, featuring 20 contemporary artists’ interpretation of The Dark Knight’s iconic cowl headpiece and cape from the upcoming Batman: Arkham Knight videogame. There will also be 75th anniversary-related activities across all of Warner Bros. Entertainment throughout the year.
First appearing in the comic book Detective Comics #27, which hit newsstands on March 30, 1939, featuring artwork by Bob Kane and a script by Bill Finger, Batman emerged from the shadows to become the world’s most popular Super Hero and dominate all media. In feature films, TV shows, radio, video games, publishing and merchandise, this most human of Super Heroes has battled some of fiction’s greatest villains using his intellect, cunning and an arsenal of gadgets to further his quest for justice.
“Batman is an incredibly important property with multi-generational appeal across all of the Studio’s businesses, and we’re proud to celebrate this milestone anniversary,” said Kevin Tsujihara, Chief Executive Officer, Warner Bros. Entertainment. “From billion-dollar blockbuster films to TV, home entertainment, video games and consumer products, The Dark Knight continues to resonate with audiences worldwide and rightfully deserves his place as a global pop culture icon for the ages.”
Batman is the single most successful Super Hero film franchise in history and there have been more theatrical movies released based on Batman than any other comic book character. In video games, the Batman Arkham franchise is also the most successful Super Hero game concept ever. Batman consistently breaks records in every incarnation of his character and remains the gold standard by which all other comic book sales are measured.
“Batman is one of the greatest characters ever created, in comics or elsewhere, and even after 75 years he continues to wildly fascinate fans. He is an integral part of pop culture and has successfully captured the imagination of the entire world,” said Diane Nelson, President of DC Entertainment and President & Chief Content Officer, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “The origin of Batman, Bruce Wayne and the famous citizens of Gotham are legendary and likely a story you know inside out, even if you’ve never picked up a comic book in your life, and that speaks volumes to the character’s immense popularity and the constructs of the original mythology.”
The first published adventure of The Bat-Man (as he was then known) was in the May 1939 issue of Detective Comics #27, conceived of and drawn by a 22-year-old Kane with his frequent collaborator, Bill Finger, scripting the story. The character was so successful, that one year later the first comic book devoted exclusively to the Caped Crusader’s adventures, Batman #1, hit newsstands. In that issue, Batman battled The Joker and Catwoman for the first time.
Now, DC Entertainment and the Studio’s various divisions, including Pictures, Television, Animation, Interactive Entertainment, Home Entertainment and Consumer Products, will mark this extraordinary 75th anniversary with a range of highly anticipated events and products.
The new commemorative logo, also released today across social media and websites, takes its cue from the famed Bat symbol, and features block-style lettering of “75 Years.” The mark will be rolled out on Batman-related promotions, products and initiatives.
Key activities planned for the Batman 75th anniversary celebration include:
- DC Entertainment – DC Entertainment has an action-packed year filled with new Batman titles, commemorative issues and variant covers, including the recently released special edition of Detective Comics #27 commemorating Batman’s first appearance in the book in 1939, the new weekly series Batman Eternal launching April 9, and upcoming exclusive Batman variant covers planned for San Diego Comic-Con International in July.
- Batman Day – DC Entertainment is also partnering with thousands of comic retailers, book stores and libraries for “Batman Day” on Wednesday, July 23. Each location will host a Batman 75th anniversary celebration and offer fans a free, special edition Batman comic.
- Interactive Entertainment – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has invited celebrated fashion designer Asher Levine to create a cape and cowl based on the Batsuit of the recently announced Batman: Arkham Knight videogame developed by Rocksteady Studios. Favorite contemporary artists will have the opportunity to use the replicas as a blank canvas to produce their own, original interpretations of Batman’s iconic attire for an all new “Cape/Cowl/Create” art exhibit that will be showcased at San Diego Comic-Con International in July.
- Home Entertainment – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will bring fans an array of new Batman titles throughout the year, including the highly anticipated release of the Batman ’66 TV series for the first time ever. Other new releases include animated films Son of Batman (May 6) and Assault on Arkham (summer 2014). Additionally, a 25th Anniversary Edition of Tim Burton’s Batman feature film will be released in the fall.
- Animation – Warner Bros. Animation has created two all-new Batman animated shorts set for debut in April, with fan-favorite producers Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) and Darwyn Cooke (Batman Beyond) each presenting a unique and familiar take on the Batman animated universe. In addition, Timm will participate in a Batman 75th all-star panel at WonderCon in Anaheim on Saturday, April 19, which will also feature an exclusive premiere of Cooke’s animated short based upon Batman Beyond.
- Television –Warner Bros. Television is in production on the pilot episode of the highly anticipated Gotham, a new one-hour drama for FOX which explores the origin stories of eventual police commissioner James Gordon and the villains that made Gotham City famous. In Gotham, Detective Gordon (Ben McKenzie – Southland) will encounter a familiar cast of characters – including a young Bruce Wayne – as he fights to keep the city safe. Executive producer Bruno Heller (The Mentalist, Rome) wrote the pilot, which is being directed by executive producer Danny Cannon (CSI series, Nikita)
- Pictures – As Batman’s 75th anniversary is celebrated in 2014, Warner Bros. Pictures will begin production of Zack Snyder’s untitled Superman/Batman film starring Henry Cavill, who reprises his role as Superman/Clark Kent, and Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. The film, slated for release summer 2016, will bring the two most iconic Super Heroes of all time together for the first time on the big screen.
- Consumer Products – Warner Bros. Consumer Products has partnered with an array of licensees to celebrate Batman’s 75th Anniversary through special edition and limited-release products. From the classic 1960s TV series to modern day comics, Batman’s presence will be larger than ever in celebration of his legacy through everything from toys to t-shirts.
- DCComics.com – For the latest information and exclusive content celebrating Batman’s 75th anniversary, visit www.Batman75.com. The dedicated section on DC Comics’ website launches today with the Batman 75 Sweepstakes which offers one lucky fan a one-of-a-kind prize package.
Hey, Marshmallows, have we got a contest for you! Here is a chance for one lucky fan to get a DVD copy of the brand-new Veronica Mars movie as well a limited edition trucker hat.
About Veronica Mars
On the eve of graduating law school, Veronica Mars has put Neptune and her amateur sleuthing days behind her. While interviewing at high-end New York law firms, Veronica Mars gets a call from her ex-boyfriend Logan who has been accused of murder. Veronica heads back to Neptune just to help Logan find an attorney, but when things don’t seem right with how Logan’s case is perceived and handled, Veronica finds herself being pulled back into a life she thought she had left behind.
See it In Theaters MARCH 14
Pre-order on DIGITAL HD
ABOUT HOW THE FILM GOT MADE:
Following a record-breaking Kickstarter campaign that ended on April 12, 2013, Veronica Mars was shot over 23 days during June-July 2013. It will be released in selected theaters nationwide on March 14th, 2014.
Veronica Mars: Purity Test Marshmallow Super-fan Trivia
Think you know all there is to know about Neptune, California? Test your Veronica Mars knowledge with all 3 levels of super-fan trivia and find out if you are the ultimate Marshmallow!
Assets used in this contest were supplied to promote Warner Bros.
Giveaway open to the U.S.A.
**All prize packs will ship after the DVD release date ETA May 2014.
Each household is only eligible to win One (1) Veronica Mars Prize Pack via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
Convention Scene and Warner Home Entertainment have a new contest for you. One lucky winner will receive one of the following DVDs (chosen at random):
Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown Deluxe Edition
A Charlie Brown Valentine
Bugs Bunny’s Cupid Capers
Happiness is… Peanuts: Friends Forever
Elmo Loves You
Looney Tunes Pepe Le Pew Collection
Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: For The Love Of Snack
Who is Your Cartoon Crush? – Everyone has had a crush at some point in their lives, but do you know who your cartoon crush is? Is it Scooby-Doo? Charlie Brown? or maybe Bugs Bunny? Find out who you would be romantically perfect with!
Valentine’s Day Recipes! When I think of movie night, the first thing I want to know is… What are the snacks? Here are three easy and fun recipe’s perfect for your Valentine!
Printable Valentine. Need a last minute Valentine card? We’ve got you covered!
RULES: Each household is only eligible to win One (1) Valentines Day DVD Chosen at Random via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
This giveaway is open only to residents in the U.S.
The prize will be sent via FedEx or USPS. No P.O. Boxes please.
KEVIN ALEJANDRO AND MICHAEL JAI WHITE WILL GUEST STAR AS DC COMICS CHARACTERS SEBASTIAN BLOOD AND BRONZE TIGER IN ARROW’S SECOND SEASON
Both Will Go Head-to-Head Against Stephen Amell’s Hooded Vigilante When Arrow Returns October 9
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — Oliver Queen (series star Stephen Amell) will have his work cut out for him when he returns to Starling City on October 9 for the second season of The CW’s #1 series Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c). At today’s Comic-Con panel session in Ballroom 20, fans learned of two new DC Comics characters coming to Starling City — Bronze Tiger and Sebastian Blood. Executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg revealed that Michael Jai White (Spawn, The Dark Knight, Mortal Kombat) will guest star as Bronze Tiger, while Kevin Alejandro (Southland, True Blood, Golden Boy) will appear as Sebastian Blood in upcoming episodes of the acclaimed action drama’s second season (airdates to be announced).
- Michael Jai White plays Ben Turner, a claw-wielding assassin better known as Bronze Tiger, who’s well known to DC Comics fans as a member of both the League of Assassins and the Suicide Squad. On Arrow, he’ll form an unholy alliance with fan-favorite villain China White (played by Kelly Hu), another well-established character in the DC Comics universe.
- Kevin Alejandro plays Sebastian Blood. Drawing inspiration from the iconic New Teen Titans nemesis Brother Blood, Sebastian is an alderman who rises to power in the wake of the earthquake that devastated Starling City in Arrow’s first-season finale. Blood’s “man-of-the-people” popularity instantly places him at odds with Oliver Queen, whose family he blames for the quake.
- In terms of embracing their dark side, Michael Jai White appeared in The Dark Knight with Heath Ledger’s Joker, voiced DC Comics villain Doomsday in the animated Justice League and portrayed the hell-bound title character in New Line Cinema’s Spawn. Kevin Alejandro, on the other hand, is better known for playing cops and detectives (Southland, Golden Boy), but recently his character paid the ultimate price for practicing witchcraft in his role as Jesus Velasquez in True Blood.
- Based upon characters published by DC Comics, Arrow is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Guggenheim and Kreisberg. The series is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television
REVOLUTION DIGITAL CARDS DEBUT AT COMIC-CON®
REVOLUTION FANS “FLOCK TO UNLOCK” NEW SERIES OF DC COMICS DIGITAL CHARACTER CARDS AT HIT SHOW’S COMIC-CON 2013 SESSION
Miles Matheson Character Profile Is First to Be Revealed by Show Creator/Executive Producer Eric Kripke
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 20, 2013) — Revolution’s resident anti-militia rebel Miles Matheson has been freed from digital lockdown in today’s packed Comic-Con panel session! Warner Bros. Worldwide TV Marketing, DC Entertainment and NBC have teamed up to create a series of seven original digital trading cards — one for each of Revolution’s series regulars — that can be unlocked when fans tweet the #RevolutionCon hashtag. After more than 1,500 attendees at the Revolution Comic-Con panel tweeted while using the designated #RevolutionCon hashtag, the first card (for Miles Matheson) was revealed in the room by show creator/executive producer Eric Kripke. Subsequent cards will be revealed as fans continue hitting further social media thresholds.
- Created by a DC Comics artist in conjunction with Revolution producers, each profile card features an illustrated graphic of each of the seven series regulars — Miles Matheson (Billy Burke), Tom Neville (Giancarlo Esposito), Jason Neville (JD Pardo), Sebastian Monroe (David Lyons), Aaron Pittman (Zak Orth), Rachel Matheson (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos) — as well as a brief summary of the characters.
- In addition to the original illustration and overview of the characters’ journeys, each card contains a hidden letter which, when combined with the hidden letters on the other cards, reveals a written clue about the show’s second season. Fans must collect all seven to unlock the hidden message.
- The cards were unveiled to the Revolution fandom at the show’s Comic-Con panel session on Saturday afternoon. Soon after introducing the “Flock to Unlock” initiative and a collective call to action, members of the audience began tweeting en masse to the #RevolutionCon hashtag, prompting the release of the first digital profile (Miles Matheson).
- Upon reaching announced Twitter thresholds for each subsequent character, the remaining cards will be released on Revolution’s Facebook,Twitter and Tumblr pages throughout the weekend and into next week, as fans continue tweeting. As each of the cards is unveiled, fans can find the hidden letters, leading to the season two message. After being unlocked, all of these digital profiles will live on an NBC.com microsite at www.nbc.com/revolution/cards, with links to the Revolution show homepage at www.nbc.com/revolution.
NBC’s #1 scripted television series returns for its second season on Sept. 25, airing on a new day and time: Wednesdays at 8/7c. Starring Billy Burke (Twilight movies), Tracy Spiridakos (Being Human), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Zak Orth (Melinda and Melinda), David Lyons (ER), JD Pardo (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2) and Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost), Revolution was created by Eric Kripke (Supernatural) and is executive produced by Kripke, J.J. Abrams (Lost, Fringe, Person of Interest), Bryan Burk (Lost, Fringe, Person of Interest), Rockne S. O’Bannon (Defiance, V) and Jon Favreau (Iron Man movies).
From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television, Revolution is an epic adventure that follows a family’s struggle to reunite in a post-apocalyptic American landscape where every piece of technology had mysteriously blacked out worldwide. Setting in motion a swashbuckling journey that led to the reason the lights went out, the season one finale found the show’s heroes at the Tower and the switch to turn the lights back on — but the mystery of the blackout is just the beginning.
Become a fan of the show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Revolution and follow the show on Twitter at @NBCRevolution. For additional information about Warner Bros. Television activities at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC) and visitwww.thewb.com/comiccon.
Another day…another digest! Get all the latest SDCC photos, reports, videos, and more. Updates throughout the day.