Join comic superstars MARK MILLAR and DUNCAN FEGREDO to launch their new comic, MPH, at the Forbidden Planet London Megastore on Saturday 24th May from 1:00 to 2:00pm.
The all-new Millarworld Universe kicks into high gear with the launch of Millar and Fegredo’s fast and furious miniseries. When a group of hard-luck teens in Motor City stumble upon a street drug called MPH, they gain the power of super speed. Will they use it to save the world? Hell no! Not when there’s dolla, dolla bills to be had, y’all. A high-octane urban adventure, MPH brings you super speed like you’ve never seen before!
Mark Millar is the award-winning writer/ creator of Wanted and Kick-Ass and worked as an executive producer on their subsequent movie adaptations. He is also the Creative Consultant for 20th Century Fox in Los Angeles, overseeing their upcoming Marvel movies. His ten years at Marvel produced Civil War, the biggest-selling series of the decade, and The Ultimates, credited by screen-writer Zak Penn as his inspiration for The Avengers movie. His Millarworld company has expanded in the last few years to include Kick-Ass 2, Hit-Girl, The Secret Service, Nemesis, War Heroes, American Jesus, Supercrooks and Superior. In 2012, he was awarded an honorary doctorate by Glasgow Caledonia University for his services to film and literature.
Duncan Fegredo is best known for collaborating with Mike Mignola on his signature creation, Hellboy. Previously Fegredo created a bunch of fabulous books at Vertigo with Peter Milligan and the hilarious Jay & Silent Bob with writer/director Kevin Smith. He was also lead story artist on Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to time restrictions, Mark Millar & Duncan Fegredo will only be signing copies of MPH and The Art of Millarworld – and Duncan will be unable to sketch at the event.
Forbidden Planet London Megastore
179 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8JR
Adam Hughes, Brian Stelfreeze, Tony Harris, Jason Latour, Cully Hamner, Francesco Francavilla, and many more sign at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find on Saturday May 4, 2013 for Free Comic Book Day!
Free Comic Book Day 2013 @ Heroes is going to be our biggest and best yet! Come out on May 4th to meet more great comic creators than we have ever had at this fun annual event! Also, it says it right there in the name but in case you missed it, there will be lots of FREE COMICS to choose from too! Check out our awesome guest list and save the date!
- CHRIS BRUNNER – Artist: Loose Ends, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, The Ride
- IAN FLYNN – Writer: Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man
- FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA – Writer/Artist: Black Beetle Artist: Captain America & Black Widow, Detective Comics
- SANFORD GREENE – Artist: Rotten Apple, Deadpool, Wonder Girl, Method Man GN
- CULLY HAMNER – Artist: Red, The Question, Detective Comics, Black Lightning
- JOHN HAIRSTON JR. – Painter
- DUSTIN HARBIN – Writer/Artist: DIARY COMICS, Nutted!, DHARBIN!
- TONY HARRIS – Artist: JSA: Whistling Skull, Ex Machina, Starman, War Heroes
- ADAM HUGHES – Artist: Before Watchmen: Doctor Manhattan, Fairest, Wonder Woman, Catwoman
- JUSTIN JORDAN – Writer: Legend of Luther Strode, Superboy, Deathstroke, Green Lantern: New Guardians
- JASON LATOUR – Writer: Winter Soldier, Loose Ends,Wolverine: Japan’s Most Wanted Artist: B.P.R.D., Django Unchained
- JACKIE LEWIS – Artist: Play Ball
- TRADD MOORE – Artist: Legend of Luther Strode, Legends of the Dark Knight
- ERAKLIS PETMEZAS – Writer/Artist: Last Cigarette
- JAY POTTS – Writer/Artist: World of Hurt
- RIDDLE – Cosplayer
- BUDD ROOT – Writer/Artist: Cavewoman
- ANDY SMITH – Artist: The First, Weapon X, Green Lantern, WWE Heroes, Flex and Tone
- BRIAN STELFREEZE – Artist: Domino, Matador, Batman: Shadow of the Bat
NOTE that free sketches are at the discretion of the artists, and are not guaranteed. So, mark that date on your calendar folks! Get here early on Saturday, May 4th at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find will be a great time and you won’t want to miss it!
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find
1957 E. 7th Street, Charlotte, NC 28204