DYNAMIC DUO SPRINGS BACK INTO ACTION!
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND TV GUIDE MAGAZINE RETEAM TO DELIVER FANS THE ULTIMATE COMIC-CON® SWAG ITEM:
A SPECIAL EDITION OF THE MAGAZINE DEVOTED EXCLUSIVELY TO PROGRAMMING FROM THE STUDIO
Collect All Four Sets of Flip Covers Featuring Arrow’s Stephen Amell;
Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles;
The Vampire Diaries’ Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder;
The Originals’ Joseph Morgan and Charles Michael Davis;
Superman 75 and Batman
Get It at the Warner Bros. Booth at Comic-Con, or Buy at Newsstands and on Digital Platforms Beginning July 17
BURBANK, Calif. (July 10, 2013) — TV’s super alliance continues as Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) andTV Guide Magazine join forces once again to deliver fans the ultimate Comic-Con swag item for the fourth consecutive year: a Warner Bros.–themed Comic-Con special edition of the magazine, with insider scoop and behind-the scenes action from the Studio’s series as well as four sets of collectible “flip” covers featuring Arrow star Stephen Amell; Supernatural stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles; The Vampire Diaries stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; and The Originals stars Joseph Morgan and Charles Michael Davis; in addition to a set dedicated to the 75th anniversary of Superman, with Batman on the flip cover.
For a sneak peek at the four sets of flip covers and to download all eight cover designs, click here:http://bit.ly/18LY702
- Comic-Con Distribution at the Warner Bros. Booth: The Warner Bros. TV Guide Magazine special issues will be distributed to fans for free at the Warner Bros. booth — #4545 on the convention floor — throughout Comic-Con, beginning on preview night, Wednesday, July 17, and continuing through Sunday, July 21.
- Newsstand and Digital Platforms: For those unable to attend Comic-Con in person, all four sets of collectible flip covers will be on sale from July 17 at newsstands wherever TV Guide Magazineis sold. The special issue will also be available digitally on iPad, Nook, Kindle Fire, Zinio and Google platforms.
The 88-page special issue is packed with features and photos dedicated to the following programs:
- Returning WBTV favorites Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, Nikita, Person of Interest,Revolution, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Childrens Hospital
- Previews of WBTV’s highly anticipated new series Almost Human, from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Fringe’s J.H. Wyman, starring Karl Urban (Star Trek films) and Michael Ealy (Underworld: Awakening); The Tomorrow People, from executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries), Danny Cannon (Nikita) and Phil Klemmer (Chuck), and based on the original UK series; The Vampire Diaries spinoff series The Originals, from Julie Plec; The 100, in which 100 juvenile delinquents are sent to Earth years after a nuclear apocalypse to see if the planet is habitable; and more…
- An inside look at Warner Bros. Animation’s hit series MAD, The Looney Tunes Show and Teen Titans Go!, as well as new program Beware the Batman and the upcoming The Tom and Jerry Show
And there’s more! Including:
- An exclusive Arrow comic created by DC Comics and penned by TV series executive producer Marc Guggenheim
- A sneak peek inside the upcoming DC Universe Original Animated Movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment
- An in-depth look at the television history of the man of steel — Superman — in honor of the character’s 75th anniversary
- Behind-the-scenes photos from the TV Guide Magazine yacht and Warner Bros. Television media cocktail event at Comic-Con 2012
- A look back at pop-culture costumes seen on The Big Bang Theory
- Burning questions answered about fans’ favorite shows, including the final season of Nikita
- And much more…!
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom(hashtag #WBSDCC) and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon. And follow TV Guide Magazine on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/TVGuideMagazine and on Twitter @TVGuideMagazine.
THE COMIC-CON SUPERTEAM REUNITES!
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND TV GUIDE MAGAZINE DELIVER THE ULTIMATE COMIC-CON® COLLECTIBLE FOR THIRD YEAR IN A ROW: A WARNER BROS.–THEMED SPECIAL EDITION OF THE MAGAZINE
Collect All Four Sets of “Flip” Covers Featuring The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries
Magazine to Be Distributed at the Warner Bros. Booth in San Diego; On Sale at Newsstands and on NOOK Beginning July 17
BURBANK, Calif. (July 2, 2012) — TV powerhouses Warner Bros. Television and TV Guide Magazinehave renewed their super alliance to deliver fans the ultimate must-have Comic-Con item for the third year in a row: a Warner Bros.–themed Comic-Con special edition of the magazine, featuring programming from the Studio and four sets of collectible “flip” covers starring the casts of The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries on both front and back.
For an advance look at the four — or is that eight? — “flip” covers, click here to download: http://bit.ly/MdKoV7
- The Warner Bros. TV Guide Magazine special issues will be distributed at the Warner Bros. booth — #4545 on the convention floor — throughout Comic-Con, beginning on preview night, Wednesday, July 11, and continuing through Sunday, July 15.
- For those unable to attend Comic-Con in person, all four sets of collectible “flip” covers will be on sale from July 17 at newsstands wherever TV Guide Magazine is sold. And for the first time, the special issue will also be available for purchase on the NOOK by Barnes and Noble.
In addition to sections on the four cover shows, the 88-page issue is packed with features and photos dedicated to the following programs:
- Previews of WBTV’s highly anticipated new series 666 Park Avenue (starring Lost’s Terry O’Quinn and Vanessa Williams), Arrow (featuring Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen), Cult (from the executive producers of Farscape and Chuck), The Following (from The Vampire Diaries’ Kevin Williamson, starring Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy) and Revolution (from executive producer J.J. Abrams, Supernatural’s Eric Kripke and Iron Man’s Jon Favreau)
- Warner Bros. Animation’s hit series MAD and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, as well as the action-packed DC Nation block on Cartoon Network, featuring current programs Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice: Invasion, as well as original animated shorts and upcoming shows Beware The Batman and Teen Titans Go!
And that’s not quite all, folks! There’s more, including:
- A sketch-by-sketch guide to drawing Bugs Bunny from The Looney Tunes Show, by character designer Jessica Borutski
- A Justice League foldout poster as drawn by bestselling artist and DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee.
- An exclusive preview of MAD Magazine’s unique take on The Dark Knight Rises as drawn by the renowned Sergio Aragones
- An in-depth look at the new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe comic book series written by James Robinson, with artwork by Philip Tan
- The hottest photos from the TV Guide Magazine yacht and photo booth at Comic-Con 2011
- The ultimate Comic-Con survival guide, with tips from stars of The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries, among others
- Comic-Con Couture: how two inspired designers turn Warner Bros.’ Comic-Con bags into the Con’s biggest fashion statements
- And much more…
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom(hashtag #WBSDCC) and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon. And follow TV Guide Magazine on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TVGuideMagazine and on Twitter @TVGuideMagazine.