Florida Supercon is the LARGEST Comic Con in Miami. Supercon takes place JULY 1-4, 2016 at THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER and FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER!
Find the best in Comic Books, Media Guests, Anime, Animation, Video Games, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Pop Culture in South Florida. Florida Supercon is 4 days of fun featuring celebrity guests, comic book creators, voice actors, industry guests, cosplayers, artists, writers, panels, Q&A’s, films & shorts, costume & cosplay contests, vendors, parties, anime, workshops, video gaming and more!
Some of the highlights for Florida Supercon 2016 include:
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Celebration: William Shatner “Captain Kirk”, Walter Koenig “Pavel Chekov”, Michael Dorn “Worf”, Denise Crosby “Tasha Yar”, Robert Picardo “The Doctor”, René Auberjonois “Odo”, Robert Duncan McNeill “Tom Paris”, David Warner “Chancellor Gorkon & St. John Talbot”, Chase Masterson “Leeta the Bajoran”, and Star Trek: The Motion Picture Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow star: Casper Crump “Vandal Savage”.
- FOX’S Gotham star: Ben McKenzie “Jim Gordon”.
- Doctor Who star: Alex Kingston “River Song.”
- The Walking Dead Cast Members: Michael Cudlitz “Abraham Ford”, and Denise Crosby “Mary”.
- Star Wars Cast Members: Jeremy Bulloch “Boba Fett”, Tim Rose “Admiral Ackbar”, Jessica Henwick “Jessika Pava”, Chris Parsons “4-Lom”, and Star Wars: A New Hope special effects co-ordinator Bruce Logan.
- First Time Ever TRON Reunion: Bruce Boxleitner “TRON”, David Warner “Sark”, Cindy Morgan “Yori”, and TRON Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- Game of Thrones cast members: Natalia Tena “Osha” and Jessica Henwick “Nymeria Sand”.
- Harry Potter stars: Natalia Tena “Tonks”, and Devon Murray “Seamus Finnigan”.
- Sesame Street cast members: Emilio Delgado “Luis” and Bob McGrath “Bob Johnson”.
- Steven Universe stars: Zach Callison “Steven”, Michaela Dietz “Amethyst”, and Grace Rolek “Connie”.
- Wrestling Superstars: Mick Foley, Diamond Dallas Page, Mickie James, The Godfather, Road Warrior Animal, and Demolition.
- Pokémon 20th Anniversary Celebration: Veronica Taylor “Ash Ketchum”, Michael Liscio Jr. “Clemont and Inkay”, Tara Sands “Bulbasaur, Richie, Sammy, Oddish and Jasmine”, Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld “Bonnie, Nurse Joy, Jasmine and Audino”, and Haven Paschall “Serena, Concordia, and Ellie”.
- Anime Stars: Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, Ouran High School Host Club), Caitlin Glass (Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Ouran High School), Steve Blum (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo), Trina Nishimura (Attack on Titan, Witchblade, Claymore), and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Ghost In The Shell, Sailor Moon).
- Animation Stars: Tara Strong (Teen Titans Go), Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies), Jim Cummings (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck), Larry Kenney (Thundercats, Count Chocula), Charles Martinet (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Toadsworth, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi for Nintendo), Steve Blum (Transformers: Prime, Wolverine and the X-Men, Legend of Korra), and Andy Sipes (Triptank, Code Monkeys, and Archer).
- Dozens of Comic Book Artists and Writers: Keith Giffen, Greg Capullo, Fabian Nicieza, Joe Keatinge, Leila del Duca, Neal Adams, José Luis Garcia-Lopez, Jorge Molina, Ramón Pérez, Jill Thompson, Colleen Doran, Scott Kolins, Allen Bellman, Scott Hepburn, Trevor Von Eeden, Elliot S! Maggin, Brad Walker, Khary Randolph, John Beatty, Shawn Crystal, Brent Schoonover, Cory Smith, Tony Bedard, Mateus Santolouco, Tony Bedard, Jose Delbo, Greg Horn, Andy Kuhn, and many more!
- Power Ranger Cast Members: Austin St. John, Christopher Khayman Lee, Steve Cardenas, and Dan Southworth.
- More celebrities including: Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Children’s Hospital, The Waterboy), Kel Mitchell (Kenan & Kel, Good Burger, Mystery Men), Lisa Corrao (Every Witch Way), and many more to be announced!
- Multiple costume and cosplay events each day of the show, with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes on the line!
- Over 500,000 square feet of convention space featuring 700 booths and tables with vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers, and exhibits. 3 stages of entertainment, video games, plus a dozen rooms for panels, tabletop gaming and screenings.
Click here to get tickets.
FSC is JULY 1-4, 2016
THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER & FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER
1901 Convention Center Dr. • Miami Beach, FL 33139 • 305.673.7311
SUPERCON PHONE: 954.399.1330 firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments Off on Hawthorne High School Comic Book Convention Returns in 2014 with Tribute to Joe Kubert
The best small comic convention in America announces its return with a tribute to artist and teacher Joe Kubert!
On Saturday May 10th, 2014 The Hawthorne High School Comic Book Convention returns for its 7th go-round. It will have all the features that have made it a very special event on the comic book convention calendar.
The Hawthorne High School Cartooning and Hawthorne High School Art Clubs are sponsoring the event. Faculty Advisors are art teachers Allan Rosenberg, Danielle Russo and social studies teacher Matthew Ambrose. The students of the two clubs are the heart and soul of the show as they run the show and organize every aspect of the event. Their art will be displayed in a special exhibition. The convention is part of the Art Department’s month long celebration of the Arts which include the convention, visits to art museums, a student art show and visits to the school from professional artists.
The convention is a fundraiser for the Art Department and includes an auction featuring original art, signed books and other comic collectables donated by our guests and others from the comic book industry. This has become one of our most anticipated events each year with lots of folks winning wonderful treasures. The auction will be happening at 2:30PM in the cafeteria.
We will be having art lessons running throughout the day available to all attendees. Our guests will also speak about careers in art.
This year we will be paying tribute to one of the greats of comics and Illustration: Joe Kubert: A great cartoonist and a great art educator. The Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art is one of the leading schools teaching graphic arts in the world. We are inviting graduates from The Joe Kubert School to appear as guests. A representative from the school will be with us. This tribute is a very special occasion for art teacher Allan Rosenberg. Allan’s favorite cartoonist when he was in high school was Joe Kubert and Joe was partially responsible for Allan becoming an art teacher through the example Mr. Kubert set.
Here is our guest list with many more comic creators to join the list:
Jack C. Harris
Trevor Von Eeden
Mercy Van Vlack
Joe Giella (tent.)
Dennis Colero (tent.)
And many more to come…
Many of our guests will be available at their tables for portfolio reviews, so budding young artists bring your work.
The Hawthorne Convention is the friendliest and most exciting comic-con around. You will have unheard of access to comic creators with short lines and extremely friendly creators. If a creator is at The Hawthorne Convention you can be sure they love comics and they love meeting fans!
Here is all the important information you need:
Hawthorne High School Comic Book Convention
Saturday May 10th, 2014
Hawthorne High School
160 Parmelee Ave.
Hawthorne, NJ 05706
Google or Mapquest the directions, we are easy to get to by car or train. You can take NJ Transit from Penn Station.
Wonderful food is available within walking distance in downtown Hawthorne, just three blocks away so you can stay the whole day.
For more info contact Allan Rosenberg at: email@example.com
Comic-Con International has announced the first 30 special guests for their 2012 convention.
- » Bill Amend
- » Sergio Aragonés
- » Kate Beaton
- » Mike Carey
- » Geof Darrow
- » Mark Evanier
- » Gary Gianni
- » Larry Hama
- » Gilbert Hernandez
- » Jaime Hernandez
- » Mario Hernandez
- » Klaus Janson
- » N.K. Jemisin
- » Karl Kerschl
- » Jim Lee
- » Paul Levitz
- » Andy Mangels
- » Rudy Nebres
- » George Pérez*
- » Nate Powell
- » John Romita Jr.
- » Brandon Sanderson
- » Doug Savage
- » Mark Schultz
- » Jason Shiga
- » Herb Trimpe
- » Morrie Turner
- » Michael Uslan
- » Trevor Von Eeden
- » Mark Waid
Editor’s Note: George Perez has since announced via his Facebook page that he has had to cancel his appearance there this year.
LEE MAJORS, MARY MCDONNELL, ADAM WEST, “BRADY BUNCH BOYS” AMONG HEADLINERS AT WIZARD WORLD BIG APPLE COMIC CON, OCTOBER 1-2-3 AT MANHATTAN’S PENN PLAZA PAVILION
First Convention Appearance For Majors in 30 years, First for “Bradys” together on East Coast and First for West-Burt Ward in N.Y. in Two Decades; Claudia Christian, Julia Jones And 200+ Celebrity Guests, Leading Comics Artists, Creative Directors To Attend
NEW YORK, Wizard World Big Apple Comic Con, part of North America’s largest pop-culture tour, is set for Friday through Sunday, October 1-3, at the Penn Plaza Pavilion in Manhattan. The event, the largest and longest-running Comic Con in New York, will bring together thousands of fans of all ages and plenty of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, comics, toys, video gaming, television, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
Celebrity guests include:
Lee Majors (Six Million Dollar Man, The Fall Guy)
Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Galactica)
Adam West, Burt Ward (Batman)
Walter Koenig (Star Trek)
Claudia Christian (Babylon 5)
Julia Jones (Twilight: Eclipse)
Jake Lloyd, Ahmed Best, Bonnie Piesse (Star Wars)
Doug Jones (Hellboy)
Erin Gray (Buck Rogers)
Herb Jefferson, Jr (Battlestar Galactica – original series)
Richard Anderson (Six Million Dollar Man)
Barry Williams, Christopher Knight and Mike Lookinland (Brady Bunch)
Dan Folger (Balls of Fury, Fanboys)
Larry Thomas (Seinfeld)
Diora Baird (30 Days of Night)
Scott Porter (Caprica)
Captain Zorikh (Sci-fi Science, Jedi Junkies)
Paris Themmen (Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)
Ashley C. Williams, Ashlynn Yennie, and Akihiro Kitamura (Human Centipede)
Kevin Nash, Ted DiBiase, Shane Douglas, Joel Gertner, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Virgil, Sean “X-Pac” Waltman, Mikey Whipwreck, “Simply the Best” G.A. West, Torrie Wilson, Tammy “Sunny” Sytch (pro wrestlers)
Alison Whitmore (Editor – IFC.com)
Knicks City Dancers
They will be among the stars on hand to meet fans, sign autographs and take professional photographs (Photo Ops) with fans.
This is Lee Majors’ first convention appearance in 30 years and the first time the ‘Brady Boys’ have been together on the East Coast,
It is also the first time in nearly 20 years that West and his “Batman” co-star Burt Ward will have appeared together in New York.
Other popular Big Apple Comic Con celebrity guests include Claudia Christian (“Look,” “Babylon 5”), Julia Jones (THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, JONAH HEX), Jake Lloyd (STAR WARS: EPISODE I, “The Pretender”), Doug Jones (FANTASTIC FOUR, HELLBOY), Walter Koenig (“Star Trek,” “Babylon 5”) and other well-known personalities.
Fans can also meet their favorite comic artists, writers, and editors, including Carmine Infantino (Co-Creator of The Flash; Deadman; Batgirl; Human Target; Black Canary and the top Batman artist of the 60s!), Mike Grell (Green Arrow), Herb Trimpe (Hulk; Iron Man), Jerry Robinson (Batman, creator of Robin and Joker), Mark Millar (“Kick-Ass, Wanted), Dick Ayers (Sgt. Fury, The Incredible Hulk), Rich Buckler (Fantastic Four, All-Star Squadron), Irwin Hasen (Green Lantern, Dondi), Paul Levitz (Legion of Super Heroes, former DC president), Bob Wiacek (X-Men, The Brave and the Bold), Joe Madureira (Darksiders, Uncanny X-Men, Battle Chasers), Ethan Van Sciver (Green Lantern, Superman/Batman), Greg Horn (Blackest Night, Elektra, Ms. Marvel), Alex Maleev (Batman, Daredevil), Michael Golden (Wolverine: First Class, New Exiles), Mark Texeira (Moon Knight, Ghost Rider), Trevor Von Eeden (Black Lightning, Batman), J.G. Jones (Final Crisis, Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia), Leinil Yu (Wolverine; X-Men; Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2; Uncanny X-Men), Billy Tucci (Shi, Sgt. Rock), Mark Texeira (Moon Knight, Ghost Rider), Arthur Suydam (Marvel Zombies, Batman), Steve Manion (Fearless Dawn), Louis Small, Jr (Vampirella), Rob Liefeld (Deadpool, Youngblood), Jim Shooter (former editor-in-chief, Marvel, Valiant), Bill Jemas (former Marvel Comics publisher), J. David Spurlock (Author, artist, and editor), and many other national and local creators.
Children and adult attendees are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite villain, superhero or pop culture personality for the chance to win special prizes in costume contests. Event-goers may also try their hand interactive product exhibits and shop for collectible comics, movie and television memorabilia, toys and games at more than 200 dealer booths.
Special events at Big Apple Comic Con include the “Magic: The Gathering” card game tournament, professional photo opportunities (Photo Ops) with celebrities and others to be announced.
The Penn Plaza Pavilion is located at 401 Seventh Avenue at 33rd St., in the historic Hotel Pennsylvania. Big Apple Comic Con is the fifth stop on Wizard’s eight-city 2010 North American tour. Hours are Friday, Oct. 1, 5-9 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 2, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; and Sunday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (all times Eastern). Tickets are available in advance or by calling 1-866-882-5860 and online at www.wizardworld.com/bigapple.html at up to a 15% savings over tickets purchased at the door. Advance adult single-day tickets are $25; three-day weekend tickets are $45, and tickets are free for children age 10 and under when accompanied by a paid adult (limit two children per adult). VIP packages with special entry and exclusive items are also available.
For the most recent event information please visit http://www.bigapplecon.com become a Big Apple Comic Con Fan on Facebook.