Illustrator and writer Tony DiTerlizzi signs at Reading Reptile on WEDNESDAY, MAY 14th at 6:00 PM!
Tony DiTerlizzi is the co-creator (with Holly Black) of the bestselling Spiderwick Chronicles which became a major motion picture in 2008. He won the Caldecott Honor in 2003 for The Spider and the Fly. In 2010, he published The Search for Wondla, the first in a trilogy of juvenile novels featuring Eva Nine, a twelve-year-old girl who is raised apart from other humans by a robot in an underground sanctuary. The second book in the series - A Hero for Wondla - was released in 2012. Tony will present the third and final book - The Battle for Wondla - when he visits the Reading Reptile on Wednesday, May 14th at 6PM. A book signing will follow.
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED. Call 816-753-0441 to make a reservation.
If you can’t make it to the event, you may purchase books ahead of time (in the store or over the phone) and we will get them signed and dedicated for you!
RECOMMENDED FOR AGES 8 AND UP.
328 W 63 Street, Kansas City, MO 64113
Tony DiTerlizzi appears at Barnes & Noble to sign The Battle for WondLa on Saturday May 10, 2014 at 2:00 PM!
Join us in welcoming Tony DiTerlizzi, New York Times bestselling author and illustrator who has created books with Simon & Schuster for more than a decade. Mr. DiTerlizzi will be here to sign his new book, sure to be a classic of the future.
Barnes & Noble
Edgewood Retail District, 1217 Caroline Street at Moreland Av, Atlanta, GA 30307
TONY DITERLIZZI, bestselling author & illustrator of The Spiderwick Chronicles, speaks and signs at BookPeople on Thursday, May 8 at 7:00 PM to celebrate the release of The Battle for WondLa: Search for WondLa #3
Eva Nine is at her bravest in the final book in the bestselling trilogy from the fantastical mind of Tony DiTerlizzi. All hope for a peaceful coexistence between humankind and aliens seems lost. Eva has gone into hiding for fear of luring the wicked Loroc to her companions. However, news of the city Solas being captured by the human leader, Cadmus Pryde, forces Eva into action once again. With help from an unlikely ally, Eva tries to thwart Loroc’s ultimate plan for both mankind and the alien life on Orbona. Complete with lavish two-color illustrations and spot art throughout, and starring a host of unforgettable characters that reinforce the importance of friendship, The Battle for WondLa has all the hallmarks of a classic book–of the future.
TONY DITERLIZZI is a bestselling author and illustrator who has been creating books with Simon & Schuster for more than a decade. From his fanciful picture books like Jimmy Zangwow’s Out-of-this-World Moon Pie Adventure, Adventure of Meno (with his wife, Angela), and The Spider & The Fly (a Caldecott Honor book), to chapter books like Kenny and The Dragon and The Search for WondLa.” Tony always imbues his stories with a rich imagination. His middle grade series, The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Holly Black), has sold millions of copies, been adapted into a feature film, and has been translated in more than thirty countries.
In order to have anything signed at a BookPeople event, a copy of the event book must be purchased from BookPeople. If you purchase your book from BookPeople in advance of the event, please save your receipt and present it at the event.
Thank you for supporting Tony DiTerlizzi & your local independent bookstore!
603 N. Lamar, Austin TX 78703
Caldecott winner and New York Times bestselling author and illustrator Tony DiTerlizzi appears at the Mission Viejo Library Friends Room on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM to present his final book in the WondLa trilogy, The Battle for WondLa, written for middle-graders. The presentation includes drawing and discussing how the WondLa books came to be. Attendees will receive the third limited edition WondLa sketchbook for free. There will also be a Q&A plus book sales and signing.
Call the Youth Reference Desk at 949/830-7100, ext. 5107 to reserve your free seat
Mission Viejo Library
100 Civic Center, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Eric Carle, Tony DiTerlizzi, Peter Laird and many more appear at the Eric Carle Museum on November 11, 2012.
The 10th Anniversary celebration continues with book signings from Iconic Images artists, a special concert by the South Hadley Children’s Chorus, and “Doodles for Dollars” featuring Eric Carle, Tony DiTerlizzi, and Peter Laird ($10 per doodle.)
Please note: Doodles will go on sale at noon the day of the event. There is a limited number for each artist and we expect to sell out.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
12:30 – 12:50 (Reading Library) Storytime with Jerry Pinkney
1:00 – 1:30 pm (Auditorium) Concert featuring South Hadley Children’s Chorus Birthday Celebration: A Tribute to The Eric Carle Museum… and Maisy
1:30 – 2:00 (Great Hall) Book Signing with Kathryn Brown, Nancy Ekholm Burkert, Jerry Pinkney, and Charles Santore
1:30 – 1:50 pm (Reading Library) Storytime with Paul O. Zelinsky
2:00 pm – 2:45 pm (East Gallery) Gallery Tour of Iconic Images: 10 years Of Collecting for The Carle with Chief Curator, Nick Clark
2:00 – 2:30 pm Book Signing with Bruce Degan, Etienne Delessert, Barbara McClintock, Linda Gramatky Smith, and Paul O. Zelinsky
2:30 – 2:50 pm (Reading Library) Storytime with Bruce Degan
2:30 – 3:00 pm Book Signing with Jane Dyer, Mordicai Gerstein, Barry Moser, and Donald Saaf
3:00 pm – 3:45 pm (East Gallery) Gallery Tour of Iconic Images: 10 years Of Collecting for The Carle with Chief Curator, Nick Clark
3:00 – 4:30 Doodles For Dollars with Eric Carle, Tony DiTerlizzi, and Peter Laird Please note: These artists will not be participating in the Book Signing.
■Each guest can purchase one doodle per artist for a total of 3 doodles.
■Each doodle costs $10. We will provide paper suitable for framing.
■If you prefer to have the artist doodle one of his books, you can purchase that book from our store.
■Tickets for doodles go on sale at noon and are first-come, first-serve. Each artist will create 100 doodles and we expect to sell out.
■Doodling starts at 3:00 pm.
Ongoing throughout the day
■Butterfly Photo Op
■Films in Auditorium (check schedule outside Auditorium)
■Food provided by Berkshire Natural
Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
125 West Bay Road, Amherst, MA 01002
Tony & Angela DiTerlizzi sign at Odyssey Bookshop on Saturday September 22, 2012 at 2:00 pm.
Odyssey Kids! presents a reading and signing with Tony and Angela DiTerlizzi. A Hero for Wondla: Raised underground by a robot, 12-year-old Eva Nine finally finds all she ever wanted in the human colony of New Attica, but something very bad is going on there and unless Eva and her friends stop it, it could mean the end of life on Orbona. Say What?: In simple rhyming verse, explores the meaning of sounds exchanged between animal parents and their offspring. This is a free event.
9 College Street, South Hadley, MA 01075
Tony DiTerlizzi signs his new book at Barnes & Noble on Tuesday May 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM!
Barnes & Noble
1201 3rd Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Tony DiTerlizzi posts his UK tour schedule on his blog:
Thanks to all my awesome fans overseas, I will be traveling to the United Kingdom this September for another WondLAful tour! This time I’ll be promoting The Search for WondLa and The Spiderwick Chronicles. We have planned a couple of surprise guests at some of the venues (including Chris Riddell!), so tune in for more updates. In the meantime, here are the tour dates and locations we have booked so far:Saturday, 17th September @ 3:30 PM The Golden Treasury 29 Replingham Road, Southfields, London, UK SW18 5LT 0208 333 0167
Sunday, 18th September @ Noon
Waterstone’s West Village, Greenhithe GB – Bluewater UK, DA9 9SE 0843 290 8159 Wednesday, 21st September @ 4:30PM Scottish Book Trust Sandeman House, Trunk’s Close 55 High Street, Edinburgh, UK EH1 1SR 0131 524 0169 Thursday, 22nd September @ 6:30 PM *SURPRISE GUEST: Signing with Chris Riddell!
The Gallery at Foyles 113-119 Charing Cross Road, London, UK WC2H 0EB 020 7440 3222 Saturday, 24th September @ 11:00 AM The Book Nook 1 St Johns Place, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2FJ UK 01273 911988 Saturday, 24th September @ 4:30 PM Bags Of Books 1 South Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2BT UK 01273 479320 Sunday, 25th September @ 4:00 PM The Bath Festival of Children’s Lit Guildhall High Street, Bath, Avon, BA1 5AW UK 01225 477793
If you are bringing books from home, make sure you check in with the store first (most stores allow this). If you are bringing Magic cards, please limit the amount to a handful of your favorite ones.
Bring your camera! I’d be happy to take a pic with you and your little readers!
Keep your eyes peeled for more dates…and another surprise guest!
Author and illustrator Tony DiTerlizzi speaks on Sunday December 12, 2010 at 11:30 am.
Tony says on his blog, “Of course, I will be happy to sign any books that you bring, borrow or buy. This is it! My last event of the year, so come on out! I’ll even bring a handful of those limited edition WondLa sketchbooks to give away.”
Free with Museum Admission
Join The Carle’s bookseller, blogger, and book-lover, Andy Laties as he engages picture book artists and authors in conversation about their beginnings and their books.
Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
125 West Bay Road, Amherst, MA 01002
Tony DiTerlizzi, Rebecca Guay, Raul Colón and more appear at the R. Michelson Gallery on Nov. 7th from 4-7pm.
R. MICHELSON GALLERIES presents our 21st Annual Children’s Illustration Show
Celebrate with us! Twenty-one years of exhibiting the finest in original Children’s Book Art. Our artists have garnered an astounding 11 Caldecott Medals and 29 Caldecott Honor Awards.
21 Reasons to come to our 21st Annual Illustration Exhibit
1. If you join us for our opening reception on November 7, 4-6pm you will meet more than 50 of the illustrators and writers behind your favorite children’s books.
2. We will be exhibiting original artwork from The Odious Ogre, the latest book by Jules Feiffer and Norton Juster. This is their first collaboration since their classic Phantom Tollbooth was published 50 years ago.
3. Mo Willems will be signing books and exhibiting the illustrations from the NY Times #1 best selling City Dog, Country Frog, his very first collaboration with Jon J. Muth. We will also be showing the original drawings from Mo’s Knuffle Bunny Free: An Unexpected Diversion, the final volume of this iconic trilogy.
4. Wendell Minor will be receiving the third annual Norton Juster Award for service to the world of Children’s Literature, presented by Mr. Juster and Reader to Reader, a public charity dedicated to bringing books, free of charge, to needy schools and public libraries across the United States.
5. There will be a rare opportunity to view and purchase original artwork by Eric Carle, Dr. Seuss, Maurice Sendak, and Tomie dePaola.
6. Multiple Coretta Scott King Award winner EB Lewis has teamed up with Sharon Robinson, the daughter of Jackie Robinson, to create the Christmas/Chanukah children’s book “Jackie’s Gift.” Original artwork from the book will be on display.
7. Gary Lippincott and G. Brian Karas will both be presenting work from their latest collaborations with local (and worldwide) luminary Jane Yolen. All three will be signing books at our opening reception.
8. Scott Fischer will be showing work from his book Jump, now available on millions of boxes of Cheerios. To see the video for Jump, click here.
9. Jarrett J. Krosoczka author/illustrator of the soon-to-be a major motion picture graphic Lunch Lady series will be exhibiting the work he created for Target House at St. Jude Children’s Hospital.
10. Jane Dyer and her daughter Brooke Dyer will be exhibiting art from their newest collaboration.
11. If you come to the opening reception you’ll meet Kate Feiffer, Kathryn Brown, Nonny Hogrogian, and David Kherdian.
12. If you come to the opening reception you’ll meet Tony DiTerlizzi and Rebecca Guay.
13. Ruth Sanderson will be showing work from Hush, Little Horsie and David Hyde Costello will be showing work from I Can Help.
14. We’ll be exhibiting the watercolors from Karla Gudeon’s Passover Book and her Hannukah Book.
15. Neil Waldman is coming with new paintings and new illustrations of American heroes from his book, The Land of Big Dreamers.
16. Barry Moser will be here with engravings from Mark Twain’s Books of Animals. He will be back on November 12th for an advance copy book signing (publication date is December but we have copies!) of his book, One Hundred Portraits. The event is in conjunction with Northampton’s Arts Night Out.
17. Raul Colón will be here! With new work from Play Ball! and Child of the Civil Rights.
18. Eric Velasquez will be here with work from My Friend Maya Loves to Dance and The Rain Stomper.
19. The Eric Carle Museum will be on hand with books from your favorite authors and illustrators to sign.
20. There will be a raffle to support Reader to Reader and you might leave with original artwork by Wendell Minor.
21. We will have surprise guests and more…
R. Michelson Galleries
132 Main Street, Northampton, MA 01060