Square Enix Unveils Plans for New York Comic Con 2012
Playable Demos of HITMAN: ABSOLUTION, TOMB RAIDER and New Sleeping Dogs DLC to Be Revealed
LOS ANGELES (Oct. 4, 2012) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced details of its presence at New York Comic Con (NYCC), taking place at booth 1802 at the Javits Center Thursday, October 11 through Sunday, October 14.
NYCC attendees will be able to go hands-on with the award-winning Square Enix lineup, including upcoming titles HITMAN®: ABSOLUTION™ and TOMB RAIDER®, as well as a first look at DLC for the recently released open-world cop drama Sleeping Dogs™:
• HITMAN: ABSOLUTION – In the last public showing before the game’s November 20 release, NYCC attendees will be able to play the demo at the Square Enix booth and meet the IO Interactive development team at a special panel featuring a live playthrough and Q&A:
- When: Saturday, October 13: 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Where: Room 1A10, Javits Center
- Who: Christian Elverdam (gameplay director, IO Interactive), Hakan Abrak (lead producer, IO Interactive)
• Sleeping Dogs – Fresh off its triumphant launch, the critically acclaimed open-world undercover cop drama will be playable on the show floor. The main attraction comes on Sunday when members of the United Front Games development team will reveal a brand-new content expansion for the game:
- When: Sunday, October 14: 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM
- Where: Room 1A23, Javits Center
- Who: Mike Skupa (lead designer, UFG), Dan Sochan (producer, UFG), Justin Bullard (cinematics producer, UFG), Lee Singleton (GM, Square Enix London Studios)
• TOMB RAIDER – In addition to being able to get hands-on time with the game, New York Comic Con attendees will have the opportunity to test their archery skills at the TOMB RAIDER Archery Experience. Each participant will let three arrows fly at their own individual TOMB RAIDER themed shooting target which they can then take as a memory of the event. Those lucky archers who hit a bull-eye will receive a limited edition TOMB RAIDER lithograph. The Archery Experience is being supervised by the New Jersey School of Archery.
- When: Thursday, October 11: 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Friday, October 12: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday, October 13: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM*
*first hour on Saturday reserved for TOMB RAIDER community and media guests
Sunday, October 14: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Where: North Pavilion Walkway NC 106, Javits Center
Also taking place during the convention will be a series of charity auctions, the proceeds of which will go to Child’s Play (www.childsplaycharity.org). Fan works, signed lithographs and original hand-drawn art by project leads have been gathered from Square Enix properties including Sleeping Dogs, DEUS EX®: Human Revolution™, HITMAN: ABSOLUTION and TOMB RAIDER to contribute to the cause. The auctions will run through Sunday, October 12. Visit the Child’s Play eBay store (supported through eBay Giving Works) to bid.
Along with the panels, Square Enix fans will have several opportunities to take home fun and unique items during the show. With contests, interactive activities and more, NYCC attendees will have multiple chances to win amazing prizes.
HITMAN: ABSOLUTION PHOTO SNIPING CONTEST
Upload your best photo sniping image to be entered for a chance to win a customHITMAN: ABSOLUTION console. Runners up will receive miniature figures of Agent 47, and HITMAN-themed ties and tie clips. Participants can upload their photo entries athitman.com/photosnipe or by the photo-sniping app on the HITMAN Facebook page.
Attendees can sign up to become a Square Enix Member for a chance to win prizes.
SQUARE ENIX LIVE BROADCAST
Square Enix Community Manager Robert Peeler will be live on location streaming directly from the Square Enix Booth at www.ustream.tv/squareenix.
Mark Texeira, Steven Butler and more sign on Saturday May 7, 2011 for Free Comic Book Day!
Mark Texeira - Artist on Moon Knight, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Conan, Birds Of Prey, Darkness, Vampirella, Wolverine, Hercules, Hulk, Thor, Tomb Raider, X-Men and more. Mark will be on hand from to sign autographs for fans.
Steven Butler - Artist on Sonic The Hedgehog (and the penciller on the FCBD Sonic The Hedgehog book), Spider-Man, Silver Sable, Superman, Punisher, X-Men, and Betty and Veronica. Steven will be on hand from to sign autographs for fans.
Mitch Byrd - Artist on Starman, Generation X, Predator, Green Lantern, Shi, and Guy Gardner. Mitch will be on hand from to sign autographs for fans.
Bryan King - Creator of The Kingly Cookbook. Bryan will be on hand from to sign autographs for fans.
T.D. Roebuck - Artist. T.D. will be on hand from to sign autographs for fans.
Andy Childress - Creator of Bubbaworld Comics. Andy will be on hand from to sign autographs for fans.
Jesse Labbe - Creator of Berona’s Hundred Year War. Jesse will be on hand from to sign autographs for fans.
3 Alarm Comics
15210 Lemoyne Blvd, Biloxi, MS 39532
Mid-Ohio-Con announced that Adam Hughes has joined the guest roster for Mid-Ohio-Con 2010. “Adam is one of the most influential and successful creators in comics today with a body of work that spans from comics and graphic novels to cards and gaming and has inspired work in countless other mediums. We’re thrilled to welcome him as a guest of honor for our 30th anniversary show,” said James Henry, Managing Director of Mid-Ohio-Con.
The Eisner Award-winning creator is most commonly known for his stylized renderings of women – super heroines, damsels in distress, and figures in fantasy – as seen in Cover Run: The DC Comics Art of Adam Hughes which features the best of Hughes’ work for DC Comics, along with commentary from the artist, rarely seen preliminary material and much more. Cover Run debuted in July 2010 at the number 2 spot on the New York Times Bestseller List and promptly sold out its first print run.
Adam began working in comics in 1985 at the age of 19 and in 1989 he started on his first mainstream comic title with DC’s Justice League. He worked on the book for almost 2 years, doing covers and interiors until 1990, then switching to just supplying artwork for the covers. In 1998 he began a highly successful five-year run as cover artist on DC’s Wonder Woman, bringing him critical acclaim and commercial success while solidifying his status as an all-star creator with legions of fans.
During the course of his career, Adam has brought his unique style to a broad array of titles for indie and mainstream publishers alike, including Star Wars for Dark Horse, Catwoman, Justice League, Legion of Superheroes, Power Girl, and Wonder Woman for DC, Gen13, Savage Dragon and Tomb Raider for Image, and Sensational She-Hulk and X-Men for Marvel, among many other titles. With the highly successful release of Cover Run: The DC Comics Art of Adam Hughes, Adam’s work is in high demand and we look forward to seeing new projects from the creator in the future.
Now entering its 30th year, Mid-Ohio-Con is one of America’s longest-running and most successful comic book and pop culture conventions. Each year, Mid-Ohio-Con brings fans of all ages together with leading comic book writers and artists, film and television creators and stars, as well as publishers and retailers from across the nation. Mid-Ohio-Con 2010 will be held on November 6-7 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio. Visit us online at www.midohiocon.com.