LOS ANGELES FELINE RESCUE CENTER KITTY BUNGALOW HOSTS ONE-NIGHT-ONLY BENEFIT:
A CATbaret! AUGUST 4, 2013
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA ACTRESS TRICIA HELFER TO RECEIVE “CATS IN WHITE SPATS” AWARD FROM MICHAEL TRUCCO
Wayward cats no more! Kitty Bungalow Charm School for Wayward Cats, a local Los Angeles non-profit organization specializing in street cat rescue, is producing A CATbaret! – A One-Night Celebrity Musical Celebration of the Alluring Feline. This one-night only benefit concert is on Sunday, August 4 at 7:30pm at the historic Belasco Theater in Downtown Los Angeles. Mingle with the celebrities at a VIP after party following the event.
A CATbaret! is hosted by Fred Willard (Modern Family), who will be joined by: Chris Carmack (Nashville); Bethany Joy Lenz (Dexter; One Tree Hill); Keith David (CLOUD ATLAS); Thomas Dekker (TERMINATOR, SECRET CIRCLE, FOREVERLAND); Briana Evigan (Step Up); Ioan Gruffudd (FANTASTIC FOUR); Kelley Jakle (PITCH PERFECT); Kathryn McCormick (Step Up Revolution); Mindy Sterling (AUSTIN POWERS); Shelley Regner; (PITCH PERFECT) Olesya Rulin (HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL); Drew Seeley (Love Struck: The Musical); and Nicole Sullivan (Mad TV). Plus celebrity choreographers Tabitha and Napoleon and the So You Think You Can Dance dancers, Dancing with the Stars and more!
A CATbaret! is a musical revue of popular cat-themed songs, showcasing music from show tunes such as Be A Lion to Elton John’s classic rock Honky Cat; from the bluesy Black Cat Bone to the 60’s pop hit Walking My Cat Named Dog; plus everything in between.
A highlight of the evening will be the presentation of the CATS IN WHITE SPATS Award, given to those in the entertainment field who have demonstrated commitment to animals. This year Tricia Helfer will receive the award, presented by her cast mate Michael Trucco (Barely Legal, Battlestar Galactica). A former model, Helfer’s best known for her four year star-turn as “Six” on the Award-winning Syfy series BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. She’ll star as “Molly Parker” in the new ABC series Killer Women reuniting with Trucco, premiering early 2014. On the film side, Helfer’s credits include MEMORY with Dennis Hopper; A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO BEGINNINGS with Harvey Keitel and Scott Caan; and OPEN HOUSE opposite Brian Geraghty and Anna Paquin.
Kitty Bungalow is doing their part to manage the homeless pet population that that finds our city shelters killing 75% of the cats entering the system. On-the-ground rescues are key to lowering this sad statistic. A CATbaret! will help raise the funds to finance the medical services and supplies it takes to have these cats complete Charm School and find loving homes or ultimately re-integrate into their colonies. On July 14, Kitty Bungalow will complete a brand-new charm school facility with first-rate socialization and examination areas for its pupils.
29 DAYS, 23 HOURS, 15 MINUTES AND COUNTING…WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE FOR COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO
Stars and Producers of “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe,” “Nikita,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Alcatraz,” “Person of Interest,” “The Secret Circle,” “Childrens Hospital,” “Green Lantern: The Animated Series,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated,” “ThunderCats” and “Young Justice” To Appear
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s Nearly 3,000-Square-Foot Booth to Host Signings, Special Events, Digitally Driven Fan Giveaways and More
BURBANK, Calif. (June 21, 2011, 10:45 AM PT: 29 days, 23 hours, 15 minutes until #WBSDCC) — The clock is ticking, and Comic-Con is right around the corner! By bringing 16 series to Comic-Con International: San Diego, Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) further strengthens its presence at the world’s leading pop culture convention — and will deliver a one-of-a-kind experience for fans in the process. The anticipation is building as a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series prepare for a robust schedule of panel sessions, screenings, media appearances and autograph signings.
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter@TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
- For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCSocialMedia
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.
- “The Big Bang Theory”: Stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch join creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, and executive producer Steven Molaro
- “Chuck”: Stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin join co-creator/executive producer Chris Fedak for a panel to discuss the fan-favorite spy series’ final season
- “Fringe”: Stars Anna Torv, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman
- “Nikita”: Stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein
- “Supernatural”: Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles will topline the panel, held this year for the first time ever in Hall H. Additional cast members and executive producers to be announced.
- “The Vampire Diaries”: Stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola and Joseph Morgan join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
- “Childrens Hospital”: Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producers Jonathan Stern join stars Malin Akerman, Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel and Megan Mullally
- “Alcatraz”: Stars Sarah Jones and Jorge Garcia join executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff
- “Person of Interest”: Stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson and Taraji P. Henson join executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman
- “The Secret Circle”: Stars Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Phoebe Tonkin and Natasha Henstridge join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson, Andrew Miller and Richard Hatem
WARNER BROS. ANIMATION
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: Executive producer Bruce Timm will join producer Giancarlo Volpe and producer/story editor Jim Krieg for a panel moderated by executive producer/Warner Bros. Animation’s Sam Register
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, story editor Hugh Davidson and writer Rachel Ramras
- “MAD”: “MAD” television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek, along with MADmagazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and “Spy vs. Spy” artist Peter Kuper
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone and producer Mitch Watson
- “ThunderCats”: Producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton
- “Young Justice”: Producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman, and lead character designer Phil Bourassa
Download additional panel details, including the complete schedule with times and locations, here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCPanels
And it wouldn’t be Comic-Con without a visit to the Warner Bros. booth. The Studio will once again have a can’t-miss, nearly 3,000-square-foot destination on the convention floor, at space #4545. Anchored by the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower, the booth is a must-visit location for autograph signings, multiple interactive kiosks for fans to play video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and much, much more. Stay tuned to @TheWBdotcom on Twitter orwww.thewb.com/comiccon in the coming weeks for more details about activities at the booth.
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20 • 6–9 PM • BALLROOM 20
WBTVG continues its Comic-Con tradition of hosting a special sneak peek premiere event on preview night. This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see some of the most anticipated new premieres of the year.
- “Alcatraz”: Executive producers J.J. Abrams and Elizabeth Sarnoff deliver a chilling new midseason drama for FOX revolving around America’s most infamous prison, the one-time home to the nation’s worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and arsonists.
- “The Secret Circle”: The ordinary becomes extraordinary in this romantic drama about a coven of young witches, from “The Vampire Diaries” executive producer Kevin Williamson, based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (“The Vampire Diaries”).
- “Person of Interest”: From J.J. Abrams and “The Dark Knight” co-writer Jonathan Nolan comes an action-packed hour for CBS about an ex-CIA operative and a mysterious billionaire who team up to stop violent crimes before they happen in New York City.
- “Supernatural: The Anime Series”: The popular series “Supernatural” makes history this summer as the first-ever live-action show to be re-imagined in Japanese anime style. Renowned animation studio Madhouse — working with the full approval of series creator Eric Kripke — produced the anime series, which mirrors the story arc of “Supernatural’s” first two seasons, providing supplemental stories ranging from prequels and spin-offs to untold tales that fit within the “Supernatural” mythology.
THE TV SERIES SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, JULY 22
- “MAD”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 25ABC
- “The Big Bang Theory”: 12:30–1:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Childrens Hospital”: 1:30–2:20 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: 2:00–3:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “ThunderCats”: 3:30–4:30 p.m., Room 6A
SATURDAY, JULY 23
- “Chuck”: 10:00–10:45 a.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Vampire Diaries”: 3:30–4:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Fringe”: 4:15–5:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Alcatraz”: 5:00–6:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Secret Circle”: 5:10–6:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Nikita”: 6:00–6:45 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Person of Interest”: 6:45–7:30 p.m., Room 6BCF
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “Young Justice”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 7AB
- “Supernatural”: 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m., Hall H
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: 1:00–2:00 p.m., Room 6A
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: 2:15–3:15 p.m., Room 6A
Fan-demonium to Reach an All-Time High at 15th Annual Fan Expo Canada 2009
Leonard Nimoy, Linda Hamilton, Lou Ferrigno, and Bruce Campbell among the star-studded line-up at this year’s event
July 9, 2009, Toronto, ON – Expect to see a surge of Vulcans, Storm Troopers, Zombies, Dragonballers and other strange and wonderful characters across the city as Toronto hosts the largest combined gaming, horror, comic, science fiction and anime event in the country. The 15th annual Fan Expo Canada takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building on August 28-30, 2009.
Owned and operated by Hobby Star Marketing, Fan Expo Canada offers fans of every genre the chance to meet their favourite celebrities and pop culture heroes at autograph and photo sessions; participate in informational workshops with industry experts offering advice, tips and portfolio reviews; and shop for exclusive Fan Expo offers, collectables and memorabilia from more than 600 vendors.
“By offering unique experiences and opportunities to interact with icons, industry leaders, and other enthusiastic fans, Fan Expo delivers a signature event in Canada that satisfies fans’ cravings like no other,” says Aman Gupta, President of Hobby Star Marketing. “For the past 15 years Fan Expo Canada has been the only event to bring this level of fandom to Toronto and Fan Expo Canada 2009 will bring even more to visitors than ever before with incredible limited edition offers, the widest range of industry merchandise available, and appearances by genre demi-gods.”
Hobby Star Marketing Inc. was founded in 1992 and has quickly become one of Canada’s premiere sports and entertainment marketing companies. Since its inception, Hobby Star Marketing has secured a niche in the industry by specializing in professional sport and entertainment celebrity placement at a variety of venues and events.
SPECIAL CELEBRITY GUESTS:
SFX Science Fiction Expo, in association with SPACE – the official National Cable Broadcast Sponsor, guest list:
- LEONARD NIMOY – The legendary Mr. Spock of Star Trek
- LINDA HAMILTON – Sarah Connor celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Terminator
- BILLY DEE WILLIAMS – Lando Calrissian of the Star Wars feature films
- BEAU BRIDGES – Major General Hank Landry of Stargate SG-1
- THOMAS DEKKER – John Connor of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
- MARY MCDONNELL – President Laura Roslin of Battlestar Galactica
- JAMES KYSON LEE – Ando of Heroes
- AVERY BROOKS – Captain Benjamin Sisko of Star Trek Deep Space Nine
- WALTER KOENIG – Pavel Chekov of Star Trek
- ROBERT DUNCAN MCNEILL – Tom Paris of Star Trek Voyager
- LOU FERRIGNO – The Incredible Hulk
- DAVE THOMAS – Doug of Bob and Doug McKenzie brothers
- LARRY THOMAS – Seinfeld’s “Soup Nazi”
- TONY CURTIS – Legendary actor and Hollywood Icon
The Comic Book Expo guest list:
- JOE QUESADA – Editor In Chief Marvel Comics
- DAN DIDIO – Senior VP DC Comics
- CHRIS BACHALO – Legendary Artist
- MIKE DEODATO JR.- Artist Dark Avengers
- ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of Flash Rebirth
- J MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI – Award winning writer
- STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Wolverine
- IVAN REIS – Artist of Green Lantern & The Blackest Night – Rare appearance!
- TERRY DODSON – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
- DAVID FINCH – Artist of Ultimatum
- OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Thor
- MATT FRACTION – Writer of Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Ironman
- MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Acclaimed Marvel Cover Artist & Thor
- LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator of Wolverine & Swamp Thing
- DARWYN COOKE – Artist of DC The New Frontier
- DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist of upcoming Fantastic Four
- BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
- STUART IMMONNEN – Artist of New Avengers
- GEORGES JEANTY – Artist of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist of Stephen King’s Dark Tower
- MIKE CHOI – Artist of X-Force
- DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Playboy Cartoonist
The Festival of Fear Horror Expo, sponsored by Rue Morgue Magazine, guest list:
- BRUCE CAMPBELL – Legendary Film Actor
- ROGER CORMAN – Legendary Director
- UDO KEIR – Acclaimed Actor
- BARBARA STEELE – Emmy Award-Winning Actress
- TOM SAVINI – FX Master and Actor
- ROBERT HALL – Award winning make up artist
- JAMES DUVAL – Acclaimed Horror Film Actor
- MAX BROOKS – Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide
- ART HINDLE – Acclaimed actor
- KELLEY ARMSTRONG – Best Selling Horror Author
- JACK KETCHUM – Best Selling Horror Author
- LLOYD KAUFMAN – Producer – Toxic Avenger
The CNAnime Expo celebrity guest list:
- SCOTT MCNEIL – voice star of Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragonball Z
- CRISPIN FREEMAN – voice star of Naruto, Eureka Seven, Ghost In the Shell
- BRAD SWAILE – voice star of Death Note, Mobile Suit Gundam
- AARON DISMUKE – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- COLLEEN CLINKENBEARD – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- MONICA RIAL – voice star of Kiddy Grade, Noir, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
- BRINA PALENCIA – voice star of Claymore, Romeo A Juliet
- DEREK STEPHEN PRINCE – voice star of Bleach, Digimon
The GX – Gaming Expo, sponsored by Zellers & G4 Tech TV, celebrity guest list:
- STEVE DOWNES – Voice of Master Chief in the HALO video game series
- VICTOR LUCAS – Creator / Producer / Host of Electric Playground
- ED GREENWOOD – Creator / Author of Forgotten Realms
- JESS HARTLEY – Editor / Developer of White Wolf Publishing
- PIETER VAN HIEL – Role playing game Author of Sanguine Productions
- JONATHAN LAVALLEE – President of Firestorm Ink gaming publisher
- C.A. SULEIMAN – Director of Development CM Publishing
- MALCOLM SHEPPARD – Role playing game Author of White Wolf
Gaming fans will have the opportunity to take part in dozens of official tournaments, play new games, win prizes, meet with industry experts, attend seminars and view upcoming products.
- Canada’s largest Masquerade Costume Contest on Saturday, Aug. 29
- Industry Professional workshops for the public
- Millions of dollars of collectibles and memorabilia for sale
- Celebrity Q&A’s plus autograph and photo opportunities
- More than 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers offering a full range of pop culture and entertainment themed merchandise including comic books, toys, collectibles, games, videos, and more!
- Tons of costumed characters from your favourite TV shows & movies
- Introducing a reusable shopping tote, made from 100% recycled materials and designed specifically for fans to take their goodies home
- Exclusive show merchandise including:
- MEGAN FOX photo cover variant for issue one TRANSFORMERS: TALES OF THE FALLEN comic book – Limited to only 1000 copies
- STAR TREK: NERO comic, issue number one, “Spock Variant” edition – Limited to 1000 copies
- ULTIMATE AVENGERS comic #1, “Sketch cover variant” edition (Limited to 1500 copies)
- GREEN LANTERN: BLACKEST NIGHT Art Lithograph (Limited to 1500 copies) free and only available when you purchase a Fan Expo Premium Package
Stay tuned to www.fanexpocanada.com for more additions to this exciting line-up…
WHEN: AUGUST 28 – 30, 2009
Friday, August 28th 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 29th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30th 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Blvd. Toronto, Ontario
TICKETS: Basic Adult Day Pass $25.00
Kids under 12 years old are FREE when accompanied by an adult
See website for further details
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events – for dates, times and prices, please call Ticketmaster (416) 872-7777 or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com