Matt Forsythe appears on Sunday, February 19th, 2012 signs at Little Island Comics from 3pm-4pm and at The Central from 6pm-8pm.
Matt Forsythe is the Doug Wright Award-winning, Eisner nominated author of Ojingogo, a wonderful wordless graphic novel from Drawn & Quarterly Books. Forsythe is also one of the founing editors of the incredibly popular art + inspiration website Drawn: The Illustration Weblog at Drawn.ca, and has done countless illustrations for magazines, websites, and other outlets across the world.
Now Matt is coming to Toronto to celebrate the releases of a trio of excellent new books for all ages and interests!
Little Island @ 3pm: Join Matt as he signs and sketches for young fans and their parents at Little Island Comics from 3pm-4:30pm, in support of his first children’s picture book My Name Is Elizabeth. A fun read for parents and grown-ups alike who’ve always hated getting stuck with a nick-name, My Name Is Elizabeth is a New York Times Notable picture book.
Little Island will have a variety of original paintings by Forsythe from My Name is Elizabeth on display during this event, a rare opportunity to see some of the beautiful originals he’s created, so don’t miss out!
The Central @ 6pm: Then in the evening, join us for the launch of Jinchalo, Matt Forsythe’s new full-length wordless graphic novel from Drawn & Quarterly, and for his brand new comic book about teaching comics, Comics Class, from Koyama Press! Forsythe will be on stage at The Central (just next door to The Beguiling), and he has put together a great presentation about his new project(s)! Forsythe will be interviewed on stage about creating comics, teaching kids, travelling and more! Plus a signing session will follow.
It’s gonna be a full, awesome day of great comics, graphic novels, and picture books for all ages. Come on out and enjoy!
Little Island Comics
742 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 2R6
ALL EVENTS FREE TO ATTEND
Presented by Oni Press and The Beguiling With special thanks to The Central, Rocco’s, Butler’s Pantry, Suspect Video, and Mirvish Enterprises. The final volume in the 6-book series, SCOTT PILGRIM VOLUME 6: SCOTT PILGRIM’S FINEST HOUR will be released at midnight on Monday July 19th and we’re doing the celebration up right!
The Beguiling is proud to be the official location of the Worldwide Premiere of SCOTT PILGRIM VOLUME 6, and to celebrate author Bryan Lee O’Malley will be on hand to sign copies and meet fans, and a there are a ton of great events for fans to participate in! Here’s a quick line-up:
AT THE BEGUILING, 601 MARKHAM STREET: Open Until 1am – Bryan Lee O’Malley will be signing for fans throughout the evening, and The Beguiling will be selling copies of Scott Pilgrim Volume 1-5, assorted Scott Pilgrim merchandise.
- Poster artist Michael DeForge will be on hand with copies for sale of the awesome Launch Party Poster!
- At MIDNIGHT, exchange your copy of Scott Pilgrim Volume 6: Scott Pilgrim’s Finest Hour!
- The band SISTER will be giving away copies of their new EP to the first 50 people in line at midnight!
AT THE CENTRAL, 603 MARKHAM STREET: 8pm-2am
- A full-line up of great bands for fans of Scott Pilgrim, starting at 9pm! Featuring HURRY HARD, CHANG-A-LANG (featuring Joel from “Crash and the Boys”), SISTER (featuring Lynette and Carla Gillis, formerly of the band Plumtree, composers of the original song SCOTT PILGRIM!), and SOFT AND WET.
AT ROCCO’S PLUM TOMATO, 585 BLOOR ST. W (at Markham) 8pm-2am
- The Chill-Out space! Rocco’s will be adding a special menu this evening in addition to their regular. In addition, a live DJ will be spinning chill music all evening and maybe some very special music too!
AT (the former) DAVID MIRVISH BOOKS, 596 MARKHAM STREET 11pm
- COSTUME CONTEST! Come dressed as your favourite Scott Pilgrim character! All participants will receive a free prize, grand prize for the best costume!
AT BUTLER’S PANTRY, 591 MARKHAM STREET 8pm-Midnight
- Chill out and relax on the patio or indoors! Preview selected tracks from the Scott Pilgrim Versus The Universe movie soundtrack, and more! Plus special guests including tons of folks in the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels, prizes and other events! It’s going to be a really fun evening for all ages, so we hope you’ll come out and enjoy this great event!