The All-Star Talent For The Line-Wide Relaunch – DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH – Will Be Revealed At An Unprecedented Saturday Morning Press Conference Open To All And Streamed Live! Plus there will be awesome fan activities, informative publishing panels, and special surprise announcements.
Marking WonderCon’s debut in its own backyard, DC Entertainment (DCE) will dominate the event with a stellar lineup of panels and fan activities beginning Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 at The Los Angeles Convention Center.
DCE’s WonderCon 2016 programming will be highlighted by a must-attend event touting the upcoming colossal DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH line-wide comic book title relaunch. Open to media and fans and taking place Saturday, March 26 at 9 a.m. PDT in Petree Hall C in the West Hall, the press conference will be moderated by DC All Access co-host Tiffany Smith and include appearances by DCE Co-Publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio and DCE Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, who will reveal for the first time the lineup of writers and artists creating this incredible new universe of storytelling. This press conference will also be streamed live on DC Entertainment’s YouTube channel, and viewers can follow this interactive fan experience with #REBIRTH.
During the three-day convention, DCE’s expansive booth (#1602) will serve as the go-to location for fans to mingle with some of the best comic writers and artists in the business with a robust schedule of talent signings, in addition to swag giveaways celebrating DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH and the upcoming feature film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Plus, the booth will feature an impressive collection of items from DC Collectibles and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and a towering, working Bat Signal made entirely of LEGO bricks in an homage to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie from acclaimed exhibition, THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS. Fans will also be tempted to shout, “Look! Up in the sky!” when they see the Superman LEGO sculpture soaring above the booth.
DCE will also delight fans with a robust schedule of fan-favorite panel programming spanning every day of the Con.
- Go behind the scenes of DCE at DC ENTERTAINMENT – ALL ACCESS. Offering an in-depth look at some of the most exciting stories ever told across DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD, join Vertigo Executive Editor Shelly Bond, Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Jason Fabok (JUSTICE LEAGUE), JT Krul (BLOODLINES), Mitch Gerads (SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Annie Wu (BLACK CANARY) plus get the latest from acclaimed contemporary artist Nathan Sawaya (THE ART OF THE BRICK: DC COMICS). New and veteran fans alike are welcome for a tutorial on the essential stories, videos and products that make up DCE in a 101 guide to the DC Universe! Friday 1:30 p.m., Room 403AB
- It’ll be a yabba dabba doo time during DC COMICS – HANNA BARBERA. DCE Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee will join artists Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti to give fans an exclusive taste of what’s in store as their favorite cartoons get a new twist with SCOOBY APOCALYPSE, THE FLINTSTONES, FUTURE QUEST and WACKY RACELAND. Friday 2:30 p.m., Room: 403AB
- From action figures to statues, busts to PVC figures, the DC Collectibles panel is the place to be for a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most spectacular products. Plus, hear from the team about how they come up with so many must-own products, and get an early look at what’s about to hit shelves. Saturday 1 p.m., Room: 151
- Artists and fans have the chance to learn from the best during ART MASTERS: DRAWING DC. Featuring a collection of talented DCE artists including Ming Doyle (CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), Bernard Chang (BATMAN BEYOND), Amanda Conner (HARLEY QUINN, STARFIRE) and John Romita, Jr (SUPERMAN) take a unique look into their visual approach in shaping some of the best comics in the industry. Saturday 4 p.m., Room: 151
- Sit down with Jim Lee and Dan DiDio during their traditional SUNDAY CONVERSATION WITH THE CO-PUBLISHERS panel to get an up-close look at the driving forces behind DC Comics, Vertigo, MAD, and much more. Sunday 12 p.m., Room: 151
- The Graphitti Designs booth (South Hall, Booth #1403) will also feature WonderCon exclusive variant editions of THE DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE with cover art from Howard Porter, Jill Thompson, and Paul Pope. Plus #50 issues of SUPERMAN, BATMAN and WONDER WOMAN will also be available with exclusive variant covers featuring Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman) and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) from the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. And make sure to stop by the booth Saturday when a new mystery variant cover is revealed!
For all of your WonderCon event coverage, special announcements and exclusives for attendees, download the new DC All Access app, available at the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
Orlando Toy and Comic Con returns on Sunday January 31st, 2016 from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM at a new location, the Holiday Inn in Orlando, FL! Guests include Darwyn Cooke (The Twilight Children, Catwoman), Amanda Conner (Starfire, Harley Quinn), Jimmy Palmiotti (Power Girl, Jonah Hex), Tony S. Daniel (Batman & Robin Eternal, Teen Titans), Billy Tucci (Shi, Sgt. Rock), Tim Townsend (Doctor Strange, Uncanny X-Men), John Layman (Chew, Batman Eternal), and more!
Writer/Artist Tony S. Daniel appears at Famous Faces and Funnies on Saturday, January 30, 2016 from noon till 4:00 PM!
Tony is currently working on Deathstroke and Batman & Robin Eternal, and has worked on books such as Detective Comics (he wrote and drew the story where the Joker’s face was cut off in Detective Comics Vol 1), Spawn, Batman, Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Superman/Wonder Woman, X-Force and more!
The Riley and Kimmy Show will also be joining us to talk comics with you. You can check out their daily podcast at the link.
You can also catch Tony Daniel at the Orlando Toy & Comic Con on Sunday, January 31 alongside DARWYN COOKE, BILLY TUCCI, JOHN LAYMAN, AMANDA CONNER & JIMMY PALMIOTTI! FFF will be there with a few tables, so we hope you can join us! Tickets are on sale at the store now for only $15 each!
Famous Faces and Funnies
3020 New Haven Avenue W, West Melbourne, FL 32904
Join Wisconsin English professor Ramzi Fawaz at the Strand Book Store on Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 7:00 PM as he discusses his brand-new, paradigm-shifting study of the comic book form, The New Mutants: Superheroes and the Radical Imagination of American Comics. Dissecting the history of the medium through the lens of queer theory, Fawaz delves into the creation and composition of such seminal series as X-Men and Fantastic 4 and finds a history of selves deconstructed and rebuilt on the page.
Joining Fawaz in discussion is Phil Jimenez, acclaimed artist artist and writer known for his work on Infinite Crisis, The Invisibles, Wonder Woman, X-Men, and many other beloved series.
Buy a copy of The New Mutants or a $15 gift card in order to attend this event.
Strand Book Store
828 Broadway, New York, NY, 10003-4805
Artist Todd Nauck appears at Comix Connection for a signing on Saturday, December 19th, from noon until 2:00 PM! Todd is a native son of the Mechanicsburg area and spent some time with us last year during his time in town for the holidays, and we’re very excited he’ll be here again! Last trip, Todd had prints, sketchbooks, original art on hand and didn’t mind doing commission sketches during the signing. So mark this on your calendar, go through your back issues, get a sketchbook, and come see Todd on December 19th!
Todd Nauck is a well known artist of the comic book industry and has worked regularly for Marvel, DC, and Image Comics, with credits including Amazing Spider-Man, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, Spider-Man: The Real Clone Saga, Nightcrawler, Teen Titans, Young Justice, Invincible Universe, as well as countless others. Nauck is also the artist of the best selling comic book of the 2000’s: Amazing Spider-Man #583: the Spider-Man/Barack Obama Team-Up. Todd Nauck was recently the artist of two exclusive prints for Disneyland: Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man, that coincided with the two movie releases. Nauck is the artist of children’s books The Amazing Spider-Man Storybook Collection, This is Spider-Man, Spider-Man vs. The Lizard, and Spider-Man vs. Mysterio, by Disney Publishing. Nauck’s art has also been prominently featured on the season 8 finale of ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition as well as episodes of ESPN’s Super Bowl Sunday edition of NFL Sunday Countdown and SportsCenter. For updates on Nauck’s upcoming projects, appearances, and more, visit toddnauck.com.
Mechanicsburg Artworks Building
Carlisle Pike 6200 Carlisle Pike, Suite C Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
Artist Ale Garza appears at Mysterious Galaxy Books on Tuesday October 27th at 7:30 PM to sign GET JIRO: BLOOD AND SUSHI.
Mysterious Galaxy Books
5943 Balboa Avenue, San Diego, CA 92111
Writer/artist Sean G. Murphy (The Wake, Punk Rock Jesus, Chrononauts) appears at Barnes & Noble in Park Slope on Saturday September 26, 2015 at 5:00 PM to celebrate BATMAN DAY as well as for a special Q&A about comic book illustration and the must-have Batman: Black And White Volume 4. The Q&A will be followed by a signing (only one personal item please). Everyone in attendance will receive a FREE copy of Batman: Endgame Special Edition #1.
Barnes & Noble – Park Slope
267 7th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215
August 31, 2015 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, Comic Books, Comic Strips, Connecticut, Convention News, Cosplay, Movies, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Television, Top Stories, Video Games
Hartford Comic Con returns this September 19-20, 2015 at the XL Center in Hartford, CT! In the very first year, over 11,000 fans attended and this year they are looking for even more fans to join in the fun!
The staff has been hard at work putting together a great guest line up for this year’s convention and will continue to do so up to the opening of the show! Currently the following comic creators are scheduled to appear: Ray Fawkes, Chad Hardin, John Tyler Christopher, Ed McGuinness, Ben Templesmith, Dave Dorman, Jeremy Bastian, Craig Rousseau, Mark McKenna (special host for this year’s Kids Conn!), Jack Purcell, Bob Almond, Khary Randolph, Paul Ryan, Sara Richard, Darby Pop!, Jeff Schultz, Ransom Getty, Nate Bellegarde, Mike Lilly, Matt Fletcher, Braden Lamb, Alex Sanchez, Eric Talbot, Alex Sanchez and Ale Garza!
Additionally several media guests from movies and television will also appear: Kelly Hu, Eric Roberts,
Michael Jai White, Joey Lauren Adams, Christy Romano, BJ Britt, Ernie Hudson, Samantha Newark, Nicki Clyne, Robert Axelrod, Jeff Kline, Taimak, Tito Santana, and Trina Nishimura!
For those interested in either Artist Alley tables or Vendor space, please visit our website www.hartfordcomiccon.com and follow the link under the registration tab.
Writer Fabian Nicieza, co-creator of Deadpool, appears at Steve’s Comic Relief’s Grand Re-Opening on Saturday July 11, 2015 from 1:00 pm until 5:00 pm alongside local artist Jack Lopez, Tom Romano, Laith Alabbad, Micky Fiedler, David G. Hardy, Bob Hazel, Alexis Rivera, Amber Morgan of Beads of Rohan, Craig Blake, Chris Alvarez, Kelly Gaspar, and Beth Brubaker will be painting faces!
Steve’s Comic Relief
930 Woodbourne Rd, Levittown, PA 19056
Writer/artist Tony Daniel appears at Epic Comics on Sunday, March 29, 2015 from noon till 4:00 PM! His work has appeared in the pages of Action Comics: Superman, Teen Titans, Hawkman, Batman (with Grant Morrison), Detective Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, and recently relaunching the return of Slade Wilson in the pages of Deathstroke!
570 N Alafaya Trl, Building C, suite 106, Orlando, FL 32828