Writer Steve Orlando (Supergirl, Midnighter & Apollo) appears at Third Eye Comics on
Saturday, January 21, 2017 Saturday, February 11, 2017 from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM to sign the first issue of JLA REBIRTH!
Third Eye Comics
2027-A West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
Artist Jamal Igle (Black, Molly Danger) and writer Magdalene Visaggio (Kim & Kim, Quantum Teens Are Go) sign at East Side Mags on Saturday, January 14, 2017 from 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM!
East Side Mags
7 S Fullerton Ave, Montclair, NJ 07042
Writer Mariko Tamaki appears at Mission: Comics & Art on Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 5:00 PM to launch TWO new series: Marvel’s HULK and DC’s SUPERGIRL: BEING SUPER!
Mariko also collaborated with her cousin Jillian Tamaki on the award winning graphic novels SKIM and THIS ONE SUMMER. She written TOMB RAIDER for Dark Horse Comics.
Mission: Comics & Art
2250 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
Writer Steve Orlando (Namesake), Frank Barbiere, and Victor Santos (writer and artist of Violent Love) sign at Comic Book Jones on Saturday, November 12th at noon!
Comic Book Jones
2220 Forest Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10303-1700
New York Comic Con (NYCC) is always one of the best ways for fans to meet the talented list of writers and artists behind DC and Vertigo’s most popular stories for meet-and-greets and signings.
This year’s booth (South Concourse, Booth #4002) will feature some of the fans’ favorite REBIRTH talent including Tom King and David Finch (BATMAN), Steve Orlando (SUPERGIRL), Christopher Priest (DEATHSTROKE) and DC Publisher Jim Lee (SUICIDE SQUAD), among many, many others. Already a smash hit with comic book die-hards and novices alike, the curator of DC’s Young Animal imprint, Gerard Way, will be signing copies of DOOM PATROL with artist Nick Derington.
Celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Amazon Princess just a few weeks after NYCC on Oct. 21, a number of past and present Wonder Woman talent will be on-hand for signings including, WONDER WOMAN Writer Greg Rucka, WONDER WOMAN: THE TRUE AMAZON Writer and Artist Jill Thompson, as well as legendary Wonder Woman Artist José Luis García-López.
Highlights from this year’s signing schedule include:
Thursday, October 6th
11am-12:00pm: Brenden Fletcher
11:30am-12:30pm: Amy Chu, Clay Mann
12:30-1:30pm: Marc Andreyko, Cat Staggs
1:30-2:30pm: Jill Thompson
3:00-4:00pm: Peter Tomasi, Doug Mahnke
3:30-4:30pm: Brian Azzarello, Lee Bermejo
4-5:00pm: Joshua Williamson, Ed Benes
4:30-5:30pm: Scott Snyder*, Rafael Albuquerque*
5 -6pm: Shea Fontana
5:30-6:30pm: Jim Lee*, Alex Sinclair
6-7:00pm: Steve Orlando, Phil Jimenez
Friday, October 7th
10:30-11am: José Luis García-López, Paul Levitz
11:am-12pm: Brian Azzarello, Klaus Janson
11:30am-12:30pm: Julie Benson, Shawna Benson, Yanick Paquette
2-3pm: Tom King*, David Finch*
3-4pm: Christopher Priest, Paolo Pantalena
4-5pm: Greg Rucka
4:30-5:30pm: Jim Lee*, Alex Sinclair
5:30-6:30pm: Scott Snyder*, John Romita, Jr.*
Saturday, October 8th
11am-12pm: Julie Benson, Shawna Benson, Yanick Paquette
12:30-1:30pm: Steve Orlando, Clay Mann
12pm: Christopher Priest, Paolo Pantalena
3-4pm: Gerard Way*, Nick Derington, Marley Zarcone
3:30-4:30pm: Shea Fontana
4:30-5:30pm: Brian Azzarello, Klaus Janson
5:30-6:30pm: Scott Snyder*, Greg Capullo*
Sunday, October 9th
10:30-11:30am: Brenden Fletcher, Lee Weeks
11-12:00pm: Shea Fontana
1-2pm: Tom King*, David Finch*
2-3pm: Greg Rucka
3:30-4:30pm: José Luis García-López
4-5pm: Jill Thompson
Download the new DC All Access mobile app for a complete list of panels and talent signings, behind-the-scenes coverage and in-depth interviews directly from DC’s web series, “DC All Access.” The app is available for free at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
Artist Jamal Igle appears at Dewey’s Comic City on Saturday, October 15th from 1:00 – 3:00 PM to sign BLACK, the Kickstarter funded OGN project now being published by Black Mask Studios.
In a world that already hates and fears them – what if only Black people had superpowers? BLACK follows the story of a young man, Kareem Jenkins, who, having miraculously survived being shot by police, learns that he is part of the biggest lie in history. Now he must decide whether it’s safer to keep it a secret or if the truth will set him free. X-Men meets The Wire, BLACK’s Kickstarter blazed through Black History Month 2016 earning more than three time its funding goal.
A recipient of the 2011 Inkpot Award for outstanding achievement in Comic Art, Jamal is the writer/artist/Creator of Molly Danger for Action Lab Entertainment and the penciller of The Terminator: Enemy of My Enemy for Dark Horse Comics. His detailed pencils have graced books as varied as The Narrative of the life of Frederick Douglas, the all ages action miniseries “Race Against Time” as well as mainstream hits such as G.I. Joe, Iron Man, Spider-Man and Green Lantern. Jamal has served as the series artist for Firestorm the Nuclear Man, Nightwing and Tangent: Superman’s Reign, Superman, Supergirl and Zatanna for DC Comics, Noble Causes for Image Comics and a four issue run on New Warriors for Marvel Comics.
Along with Jamal’s impressive creative credits, he also does double duty as Director of Marketing and Publicity for Action Lab Entertainment.
Dewey’s Comic City
13 Park Avenue, Madison, NJ 07940
Color artist Michael Atiyeh appears at Flying Colors Comics on Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 1:00 PM to celebrate the release of SUPERGIRL #1!
Flying Colors Comics
2980 Treat Blvd (at Oak Grove Rd), Concord, CA 94518
Writer Steve Orlando (Midnighter & Apollo, Batman) appears at Third Eye Comics on Saturday, August 27, 2016 from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM to sign Supergirl Rebirth #1 from DC Comics!
Third Eye Comics
2027-A West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
DC Entertainment is pulling out all the stops in 2016 to make Comic-Con International: San Diego an event to remember for the multitude of fans attending July 20-24. The greatest Super Heroes and Super-Villains in comics and pop culture, the hottest artists and writers, exciting events and panels along with some of the most popular movie stars in Hollywood will all combine to make the DC booth (#1915) the place to be every day of the convention.
Comic-Con International: San Diego 2016 will be the launch pad for a yearlong celebration of DC’s famed Amazonian Super Hero. DC celebrates the 75th anniversary of Wonder Woman with a variety of activities commemorating her iconic evolution on and off the page. On Saturday, July 23 from 3:00 – 4:00pm in Room 6DE, fans will be treated to some of the creative talent at the heart of Wonder Woman’s past, present and future, along with a few surprise guests at the “Wonder Woman 75” panel.
Rare Wonder Woman costumes and props will be on display in the booth, including the original costume worn by Lynda Carter in the 1970s “Wonder Woman” television series as well as the costume donned by star Gal Gadot in the upcoming “Wonder Woman” 2017 feature film. Wonder Woman herself, Gal Gadot, will accompany her co-stars Chris Pine (Capt. Steve Trevor) and Connie Nielsen (Queen Hippolyta) to the DC booth for an autograph session, Saturday from 12:15 to 1:00pm. Wristbands for the Wonder Woman cast signing will be extremely limited and will be distributed beginning at 6am Saturday morning at the Sails Pavilion with the WB queue via lottery.
The excitement surrounding Wonder Woman’s 75th isn’t just limited to the show floor. Beginning Wednesday evening, fans will also have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to take a photo in the cockpit of Wonder Woman’s iconic invisible jet, located on the corner of Island and 6th, just outside the San Diego Convention Center in the Gaslamp district. Illuminating at night, this unique experience will also feature larger-than-life Wonder Woman art pieces being created live onsite, with art inspired by her history and upcoming film, by female artists throughout the weekend.
For fans that like to root for the bad guys, the “Worst Heroes Ever” will be in full effect at Comic-Con with a host of “Suicide Squad”-related activities. Throughout the weekend, the DC booth will feature costumes and props from the movie, in theaters August 5th. Comic fans will get a big dose of Suicide Squad, courtesy of the DC – Suicide Squad: Most Wanted panel on Friday from 11:15am-12:15pm in Room 6DE. The Harley Quinn team of Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner will be joined by artist Mauricet (HARLEY AND HER GANG OF HARLEYS), along with writer Rob Williams and legendary artist Jim Lee, the team bringing fans new adventures of these villains-turned-heroes in SUICIDE SQUAD: REBIRTH, on sale August 3rd.
On Saturday, fans will be lining up early to make sure they meet and get autographs from the cast of “Suicide Squad” when they make their appearance at the DC booth from 1:15 – 2:00pm. Cast members will include: Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn), Will Smith (Deadshot), Jared Leto (The Joker), Joel Kinnaman (Col. Rick Flag), Viola Davis (Amanda Waller), Jai Courtney (Captain Boomerang), Jay Hernandez (El Diablo), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Killer Croc), Scott Eastwood (Lieutenant GQ Edwards), Cara Delvingne (Enchantress), Adam Beach (Slipknot) and Karen Fukuhara (Katana). As with the “Wonder Woman” cast signing, wristbands will be extremely limited; they will be distributed Saturday morning beginning at 6am at the Sails Pavilion with the WB queue via lottery system.
Scheduled nearly every hour of the Con, the DC booth will also host an array of appearances and autograph sessions for some of the best artists and writers in comics including, but not limited to, Scott Snyder (ALL STAR BATMAN, AMERICAN VAMPIRE), Tom King (BATMAN, SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Liam Sharp and Nicola Scott (WONDER WOMAN), Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason (SUPERMAN), Hope Larson and Rafael Albuquerque (BATGIRL), Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti (HARLEY QUINN), Julie and Shawna Benson (BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY) and Dan Jurgens (ACTION COMICS, BATMAN BEYOND).
Ever wanted to “Be The Batman?” Then come to the DC booth for a hands-on demo of “Batman: Arkham VR,” the first virtual reality experience that allows players to put on the cape and cowl of Gotham’s Dark Knight like never before. From Rocksteady Studios, “Batman: Arkham VR” immerses players into the gritty world of Gotham City through the eyes of the World’s Greatest Detective. And if that’s not enough Batman, the booth with also feature a life-sized LEGO Batman statue. Demos for Batman: Arkham VR will also require wristbands, available at the Sails Pavilion beginning Thursday at 6am.
For fans of DC Super Hero Girls, it’s time once again to “Get Your Cape On” and mingle with the young heroes from “Super Hero High” in real life! The DC Super Hero Girls will be on hand to pose for pictures and give autographs to fans throughout the weekend. DC Super Hero Girls character Katana will also dazzle fans in the booth with her exhibitions of expert swordplay. Following the success of the New York Times best-selling original graphic novel DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: FINALS CRISIS, the heroes return in the upcoming original graphic novel DC SUPER HERO GIRLS Vol. 2: HITS & MYTHS and the original animated direct-to-DVD movie DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: HERO OF THE YEAR.
Any self respecting fan knows that no comic book convention is complete without cosplay, and the DC booth is the go-to spot for some awesome cosplay get-togethers every single day:
- Thursday, July 21, 2:30pm – DC Comics Bombshells cosplay celebration
- Friday, July 22, 5pm – Suicide Squad “Squad Up” cosplay celebration
- Location: Island and 6th Avenue, near Invisible Jet display
- Saturday, July 23, 5:00pm – Wonder Woman cosplay contest
- Sunday, July 24, 2:30pm – DC Super Hero Girls cosplay contest
All cosplayers who attend will be awarded a special custom DC Fans medal for participating (while supplies last).
The DC booth will also include a green screen where fans pose in backgrounds from their favorite DC comic characters, films and games, including the Suicide Squad movie, the Wonder Woman comic, DC REBIRTH, DC Super Hero Girls and the Injustice video game.
Fans will also be treated to a series of must-attend panels spotlighting DC’s iconic characters, and sneak peeks of yet-to-be released series. Highlights include:
- Fans jaws are still agape and minds blown from the biggest comics event of 2016: DC’s linewide REBIRTH relaunch! Join moderators Dan DiDio and Jim Lee along with some of the industry’s most creative talent to see what’s to come! (Saturday – 5:30, Room 6DE).
- Presented as “Comics for Dangerous Humans,” dive into the disruptive new pop-up imprint from My Chemical Romance front man and Eisner Award-winning writer Gerard Way, DC’s YOUNG ANIMAL. Joined by an experimental group of collaborators, Way will unleash a collection of bold new stories that will take the medium to places never before seen (Friday – 5:30, Room 5AB).
- After more than 75 years of stories, the Batman family of comics has never been hotter! Join the DC talent behind your favorite Dark Knight tales for an exclusive look at what’s next for the World’s Greatest Detective and his crime fighting colleagues! With Tom King (BATMAN), Scott Snyder (ALL STAR BATMAN), Julie and Shawna Benson (BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY) and James Tynion IV (DETECTIVE COMICS) among others, this is the best time to explore the gritty streets of Gotham City! Room: 6DE
- Be there as top talent from the genre-defying Vertigo imprint such as SUICIDERS: KINGS OF HELL.A. writer/artist Lee Bermejo, LUCIFER artist Lee Garbett and SHERIFF OF BABYLON writer Tom King discuss what’s to come in their current series (Thursday – 4:30, Room 8).
- Always the most hilarious panel at the Con, the MAD Magazine panel led by longtime editor John Ficarra and his “Usual Gang Of Idiots” including longtime artist Sergio Aragones and GOODNIGHT BATCAVE artist Tom Richmond will be one not to miss (Thursday – 6:00, Room 5AB).
- Highlighted by stunning new Wonder Woman 75th anniversary figures, the DC Collectibles panel will unveil their latest line of action figures, statues, props and more (Thursday – 10:00, Room 9).
- The Graphitti Designs booth #2314 will also once again carry highly collectible, exclusive variant comic books available for SDCC attendees only. All titles will be on sale beginning Wednesday Preview Night, July 20. DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE #5 features an exclusive cover from BATGIRL artist Rafael Albuquerque and sells for $15 and is limited to two (2) copies per customer. Additional variants include BATMAN #1, WONDER WOMAN #1, and SUPERMAN #1 featuring art by Jim Lee and imprinted on silver foil, each selling for $10. JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 also receives the exclusive convention variant treatment, featuring cover art by Tony Daniel imprinted on silver foil and selling for $10.
Download the new DC All Access mobile app for a complete list of panels, behind-the-scenes coverage and in-depth interviews directly from DC’s web series, “DC All Access.” The app is available for free at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
Galaxy of Comics proudly presents writer Lisa Yee signing her new book, Supergirl at Super Hero High, Saturday, July 9th, 2016 from 5:00 till 7:00 PM!
* Get your cape on with the DC Super Hero Girls—the unprecedented new Super Hero universe especially for girls! Supergirl is the new girl in school—and she just also happens to be the most powerful teenager in the galaxy! After losing her home planet of Krypton and everyone she knows, Supergirl has made a new home on Earth, but she’s isn’t so sure that Super Hero High School is the right place for her. Wonder Woman, other new friends, and a kindly librarian make her feel welcome, but breached inter-dimensional portals, invading alien armies, and bad dreams shake her confidence. It’s not easy being a superhero and a high school student all at once! Readers of all ages can fly high with the all-new adventures of Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, and some of the world’s most iconic female super heroes as high schoolers!
LISA YEE is the author of many popular middle grade books, including Wonder Woman at Super Hero High, Warp Speed, Millicent Min: Girl Genius as well as several American Girl books for young readers, and the YA novel The Kidney Hypothetical! Lisa has also hosted the 2013 Children’s Choice Book Awards and she has promised to stick around for the Girls’ Night Out we will be holding immediately after the signing!
Galaxy of Comics
17306 Saticoy Street, Van Nuys, CA 91406