Color artist Michael Atiyeh appears at Flying Colors Comics on Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 1:00 PM to celebrate the release of SUPERGIRL #1!
Flying Colors Comics
2980 Treat Blvd (at Oak Grove Rd), Concord, CA 94518
Writer Steve Orlando (Midnighter & Apollo, Batman) appears at Third Eye Comics on Saturday, August 27, 2016 from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM to sign Supergirl Rebirth #1 from DC Comics!
Third Eye Comics
2027-A West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
DC Entertainment is pulling out all the stops in 2016 to make Comic-Con International: San Diego an event to remember for the multitude of fans attending July 20-24. The greatest Super Heroes and Super-Villains in comics and pop culture, the hottest artists and writers, exciting events and panels along with some of the most popular movie stars in Hollywood will all combine to make the DC booth (#1915) the place to be every day of the convention.
Comic-Con International: San Diego 2016 will be the launch pad for a yearlong celebration of DC’s famed Amazonian Super Hero. DC celebrates the 75th anniversary of Wonder Woman with a variety of activities commemorating her iconic evolution on and off the page. On Saturday, July 23 from 3:00 – 4:00pm in Room 6DE, fans will be treated to some of the creative talent at the heart of Wonder Woman’s past, present and future, along with a few surprise guests at the “Wonder Woman 75” panel.
Rare Wonder Woman costumes and props will be on display in the booth, including the original costume worn by Lynda Carter in the 1970s “Wonder Woman” television series as well as the costume donned by star Gal Gadot in the upcoming “Wonder Woman” 2017 feature film. Wonder Woman herself, Gal Gadot, will accompany her co-stars Chris Pine (Capt. Steve Trevor) and Connie Nielsen (Queen Hippolyta) to the DC booth for an autograph session, Saturday from 12:15 to 1:00pm. Wristbands for the Wonder Woman cast signing will be extremely limited and will be distributed beginning at 6am Saturday morning at the Sails Pavilion with the WB queue via lottery.
The excitement surrounding Wonder Woman’s 75th isn’t just limited to the show floor. Beginning Wednesday evening, fans will also have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to take a photo in the cockpit of Wonder Woman’s iconic invisible jet, located on the corner of Island and 6th, just outside the San Diego Convention Center in the Gaslamp district. Illuminating at night, this unique experience will also feature larger-than-life Wonder Woman art pieces being created live onsite, with art inspired by her history and upcoming film, by female artists throughout the weekend.
For fans that like to root for the bad guys, the “Worst Heroes Ever” will be in full effect at Comic-Con with a host of “Suicide Squad”-related activities. Throughout the weekend, the DC booth will feature costumes and props from the movie, in theaters August 5th. Comic fans will get a big dose of Suicide Squad, courtesy of the DC – Suicide Squad: Most Wanted panel on Friday from 11:15am-12:15pm in Room 6DE. The Harley Quinn team of Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner will be joined by artist Mauricet (HARLEY AND HER GANG OF HARLEYS), along with writer Rob Williams and legendary artist Jim Lee, the team bringing fans new adventures of these villains-turned-heroes in SUICIDE SQUAD: REBIRTH, on sale August 3rd.
On Saturday, fans will be lining up early to make sure they meet and get autographs from the cast of “Suicide Squad” when they make their appearance at the DC booth from 1:15 – 2:00pm. Cast members will include: Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn), Will Smith (Deadshot), Jared Leto (The Joker), Joel Kinnaman (Col. Rick Flag), Viola Davis (Amanda Waller), Jai Courtney (Captain Boomerang), Jay Hernandez (El Diablo), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Killer Croc), Scott Eastwood (Lieutenant GQ Edwards), Cara Delvingne (Enchantress), Adam Beach (Slipknot) and Karen Fukuhara (Katana). As with the “Wonder Woman” cast signing, wristbands will be extremely limited; they will be distributed Saturday morning beginning at 6am at the Sails Pavilion with the WB queue via lottery system.
Scheduled nearly every hour of the Con, the DC booth will also host an array of appearances and autograph sessions for some of the best artists and writers in comics including, but not limited to, Scott Snyder (ALL STAR BATMAN, AMERICAN VAMPIRE), Tom King (BATMAN, SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Liam Sharp and Nicola Scott (WONDER WOMAN), Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason (SUPERMAN), Hope Larson and Rafael Albuquerque (BATGIRL), Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti (HARLEY QUINN), Julie and Shawna Benson (BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY) and Dan Jurgens (ACTION COMICS, BATMAN BEYOND).
Ever wanted to “Be The Batman?” Then come to the DC booth for a hands-on demo of “Batman: Arkham VR,” the first virtual reality experience that allows players to put on the cape and cowl of Gotham’s Dark Knight like never before. From Rocksteady Studios, “Batman: Arkham VR” immerses players into the gritty world of Gotham City through the eyes of the World’s Greatest Detective. And if that’s not enough Batman, the booth with also feature a life-sized LEGO Batman statue. Demos for Batman: Arkham VR will also require wristbands, available at the Sails Pavilion beginning Thursday at 6am.
For fans of DC Super Hero Girls, it’s time once again to “Get Your Cape On” and mingle with the young heroes from “Super Hero High” in real life! The DC Super Hero Girls will be on hand to pose for pictures and give autographs to fans throughout the weekend. DC Super Hero Girls character Katana will also dazzle fans in the booth with her exhibitions of expert swordplay. Following the success of the New York Times best-selling original graphic novel DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: FINALS CRISIS, the heroes return in the upcoming original graphic novel DC SUPER HERO GIRLS Vol. 2: HITS & MYTHS and the original animated direct-to-DVD movie DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: HERO OF THE YEAR.
Any self respecting fan knows that no comic book convention is complete without cosplay, and the DC booth is the go-to spot for some awesome cosplay get-togethers every single day:
- Thursday, July 21, 2:30pm – DC Comics Bombshells cosplay celebration
- Friday, July 22, 5pm – Suicide Squad “Squad Up” cosplay celebration
- Location: Island and 6th Avenue, near Invisible Jet display
- Saturday, July 23, 5:00pm – Wonder Woman cosplay contest
- Sunday, July 24, 2:30pm – DC Super Hero Girls cosplay contest
All cosplayers who attend will be awarded a special custom DC Fans medal for participating (while supplies last).
The DC booth will also include a green screen where fans pose in backgrounds from their favorite DC comic characters, films and games, including the Suicide Squad movie, the Wonder Woman comic, DC REBIRTH, DC Super Hero Girls and the Injustice video game.
Fans will also be treated to a series of must-attend panels spotlighting DC’s iconic characters, and sneak peeks of yet-to-be released series. Highlights include:
- Fans jaws are still agape and minds blown from the biggest comics event of 2016: DC’s linewide REBIRTH relaunch! Join moderators Dan DiDio and Jim Lee along with some of the industry’s most creative talent to see what’s to come! (Saturday – 5:30, Room 6DE).
- Presented as “Comics for Dangerous Humans,” dive into the disruptive new pop-up imprint from My Chemical Romance front man and Eisner Award-winning writer Gerard Way, DC’s YOUNG ANIMAL. Joined by an experimental group of collaborators, Way will unleash a collection of bold new stories that will take the medium to places never before seen (Friday – 5:30, Room 5AB).
- After more than 75 years of stories, the Batman family of comics has never been hotter! Join the DC talent behind your favorite Dark Knight tales for an exclusive look at what’s next for the World’s Greatest Detective and his crime fighting colleagues! With Tom King (BATMAN), Scott Snyder (ALL STAR BATMAN), Julie and Shawna Benson (BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY) and James Tynion IV (DETECTIVE COMICS) among others, this is the best time to explore the gritty streets of Gotham City! Room: 6DE
- Be there as top talent from the genre-defying Vertigo imprint such as SUICIDERS: KINGS OF HELL.A. writer/artist Lee Bermejo, LUCIFER artist Lee Garbett and SHERIFF OF BABYLON writer Tom King discuss what’s to come in their current series (Thursday – 4:30, Room 8).
- Always the most hilarious panel at the Con, the MAD Magazine panel led by longtime editor John Ficarra and his “Usual Gang Of Idiots” including longtime artist Sergio Aragones and GOODNIGHT BATCAVE artist Tom Richmond will be one not to miss (Thursday – 6:00, Room 5AB).
- Highlighted by stunning new Wonder Woman 75th anniversary figures, the DC Collectibles panel will unveil their latest line of action figures, statues, props and more (Thursday – 10:00, Room 9).
- The Graphitti Designs booth #2314 will also once again carry highly collectible, exclusive variant comic books available for SDCC attendees only. All titles will be on sale beginning Wednesday Preview Night, July 20. DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE #5 features an exclusive cover from BATGIRL artist Rafael Albuquerque and sells for $15 and is limited to two (2) copies per customer. Additional variants include BATMAN #1, WONDER WOMAN #1, and SUPERMAN #1 featuring art by Jim Lee and imprinted on silver foil, each selling for $10. JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 also receives the exclusive convention variant treatment, featuring cover art by Tony Daniel imprinted on silver foil and selling for $10.
Download the new DC All Access mobile app for a complete list of panels, behind-the-scenes coverage and in-depth interviews directly from DC’s web series, “DC All Access.” The app is available for free at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
Galaxy of Comics proudly presents writer Lisa Yee signing her new book, Supergirl at Super Hero High, Saturday, July 9th, 2016 from 5:00 till 7:00 PM!
* Get your cape on with the DC Super Hero Girls—the unprecedented new Super Hero universe especially for girls! Supergirl is the new girl in school—and she just also happens to be the most powerful teenager in the galaxy! After losing her home planet of Krypton and everyone she knows, Supergirl has made a new home on Earth, but she’s isn’t so sure that Super Hero High School is the right place for her. Wonder Woman, other new friends, and a kindly librarian make her feel welcome, but breached inter-dimensional portals, invading alien armies, and bad dreams shake her confidence. It’s not easy being a superhero and a high school student all at once! Readers of all ages can fly high with the all-new adventures of Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, and some of the world’s most iconic female super heroes as high schoolers!
LISA YEE is the author of many popular middle grade books, including Wonder Woman at Super Hero High, Warp Speed, Millicent Min: Girl Genius as well as several American Girl books for young readers, and the YA novel The Kidney Hypothetical! Lisa has also hosted the 2013 Children’s Choice Book Awards and she has promised to stick around for the Girls’ Night Out we will be holding immediately after the signing!
Galaxy of Comics
17306 Saticoy Street, Van Nuys, CA 91406
James Robinson was born in Great Britain, but has lived in the U.S. since 1989 where he began working in comics initially for DC and Dark Horse Comics. Among his more known and regarded works are Grendel Tales: Four Devils, One Hell, sundry Legends of the Dark Knight arcs, Superman, Justice League of America and Earth-2. He is perhaps most well known for his award winning runs on both Starman and Leave It To Chance.
Other guests include Peter David (Spider-Man 2099, Young Justice), Bob Layton (Iron Man, Hercules), David Finch (Batman, Wonder Woman), Paul Jenkins (Batman: The Dark Knight), Fabian Nicieza (co-creator of Deadpool), and Colleen Doran (upcoming Troll Bridge)!
Tickets for the 2016 New Jersey Comic Expo are NOW ON SALE! Take advantage of a low introductory price on tickets if you buy early this year! A weekend ticket is JUST $45, Saturday is $30 and Sunday is $25, so get your tickets now before prices go up! Remember! Kids 10 & under are FREE! (Limit 2 kids per paid adult). The convention will take place on November 19-20, 2016. Connect with social media – Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for the most up to the minute guest and event updates!
More details are on the website: www.newjerseycomicexpo.com
About New Jersey Comic Expo:
New Jersey Comic Expo is an annual event held at the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center every fall. It’s a celebration of comic books and pop culture that showcases the exceptional works of talented writers, artists, illustrators and creators of all types of pop culture. At New Jersey Comic Expo you’ll find exhibitors promoting and selling all types of related products, as well as entertaining and educational programs, guest signings, and meet & greet sessions with celebrities. New Jersey Comic Expo is a production of MAD Event Management, LLC. Visit www.madeventmanagement.com for additional information.
Fan favorite and self described “Writer of Stuff” PETER DAVID will be making his very first trip to the Long Beach Comic Con on September 17 & 18, 2016 at the Long Beach Convention Center!
We’ve wanted to have Peter as a guest for quite some time and we’re happy to say he had the room in his busy schedule to join us for the 2016 LBCC!
A prolific writer Mr. David’s work include a beloved twelve year run on The Incredible Hulk, as well as runs on Aquaman, Young Justice, and X-Factor. His TV work includes Babylon 5, Young Justice, and Ben 10: Alien Force. And then there’s his many, many novels that include movie film adaptations, media tie-ins, and original works.
Right now a Weekend Pass for LBCC 2016 is just $50!
Saturday tix are $30 and Sunday is $25! Ticket prices will go up at the end of June, so don’t miss your chance to save! Kids 10 & Under get in FREE with a paid adult. Limit 2 children per paid adult.
Click Here to get your tickets now!
About Long Beach Comic Con:
Long Beach Comic Con is an annual event held at the Long Beach Convention Center each fall. It’s a celebration of comic books and pop culture that showcases the exceptional works of talented writers, artists, illustrators and creators of all types of pop culture. At Long Beach Comic Con you’ll find exhibitors promoting and selling all types of related products, as well as entertaining and educational programs, guest signings, and meet & greet sessions with celebrities. Long Beach Comic Con is a production of MAD Event Management, LLC. Visit www.longbeachcomiccon.com for additional information.
Plastic City Comic Con holds their inaugural event for comics, toys and pop culture fans in North Central Massachusetts on Saturday July 30, 2016 from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM at the Leominster Veterans Memorial Center. Jam packed with comic artists, writers, creators, and vendors! FREE ADMISSION! Guests include:
- Paul Kupperberg: Former editor of DC Comics and Weekly World News. Writer of Supergirl, Green Lantern, and Archie.
- Joe Caramagna: Writer of Ultimate Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avengers Assemble. Creator of Further Adventures of Wyatt Earp.
- Veronica Fish: Artist for the New Archie Series, Pirates of Mars, and The Wendy Project.
- Andy Fish: Artist and Writer for several books including How to Draw Graphic Novels, Dracula’s Army, and Geeks and Greeks.
- Joe St. Pierre: Artist for Spider-Man, Venom, Batman, Deadpool, and Transformers. He is also the creator of the New Zodiax.
- Sean Wang: Artist for the Tick and Meltdown for Image Comics. He is also the creator of his hit Sci-Fi series Runners.
- Rich Woodall: Writer of Kyrra Alien Jungle Girl for Dark Horse. Artist for the Zombie Bomb! Comic Anthology and creator of Johnny Raygun.
Writer Sterling Gates and writer/artist Dorshak Bloch appear at Speeding Bullet Comics for an exclusive signing event from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday June 18, 2016 to celebrate the shop’s 18th anniversary.
Speeding Bullet Comics
614 N Porter Ave, Norman, OK 73071
Dallas Comic Show is meant to be a nice throwback to the good old days of pop culture conventions, with affordable admission prices, a nice mix of guests from both the comic book and media realm, and carefully curated vendors offering high quality and licensed product. There’s a strict “no fan art” policy for all artist alley tables, bringing back the purity of creator-owned product and original content for customers to check out.
Comic book guests include Bernie Wrightson (Swamp Thing), Brian Stelfreeze (Black Panther), Tony Harris (Star Wars: C-3PO), Brandon Peterson (Uncanny Inhumans), Cully Hamner (Red), Tony Bedard (Supergirl), Mark Verheiden (Netflix’s Daredevil writer/producer), Mark A. Nelson (Aliens), Michael Lark (Lazarus), James O’Barr (The Crow), Joe Eisma (Morning Glories) and more.
Media guests include Sam Jones (Flash Gordon), Jamie Kennedy (Scream 1-3), Sean Patrick Flanery (Boondock Saints), Billy West (Futurama and Ren & Stimpy), Samantha Newark (Jem), Judith Hoag (TMNT’s April O’Neil), Taimak (The Last Dragon) and Dragon Ball Z voices Chris Rager and Josh Martin.
- World premiere signing of Dark Horse’s ALIENS 30th Anniversary hardcover with writer Mark Verheiden and artist Mark A. Nelson.
- Brian Stelfreeze and Tony Harris make their first signing appearances since the release of Marvel’s super hot Black Panther #1 and Star Wars: C-3PO.
- Special film screenings with guest Q&As on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night at the Alamo Drafthouse in Richardson, TX.
This is a fun family event for all ages, Q&A panels all weekend, and costume contest Saturday night. All the info can be found at www.dallascomicshow.com
Writer/Artist Jamal Igle appears at JHU Comic Books on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 6:00 PM to celebrate the return of MOLLY DANGER from Action Lab!
Jamal Igle (Supergirl, Zatanna, Venture) brings Molly Danger into the Actionverse as part of this new and awesome Action Lab connected universe. Come through, meet this legendary creator as he delivers the beginning of this new chapter in Molly Danger’s life!
JHU Comic Books MANHATTAN
32 East 32nd Street, New York, NY 10016