Melanie Gillman, author of As the Crow Flies and Witch Camp, appears at Dragon’s Lair on Saturday, February 4, 2017 from noon till 4:00 PM to sign the new Steven Universe ongoing series.
Dragon’s Lair Austin
2438 West Anderson Lane, Suite B-1, Austin, TX 78757
Comedian/Comic Writer Brian Posehn (Deadpool, The Last Christmas) appears at Star Clipper on Saturday, October 15, 2016 from 1:00 – 3:00 PM for a free signing!
1319 Washington Ave, St. Louis MO 63103
15017 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Comedian/Comic Writer Brian Posehn (Deadpool, The Last Christmas) appears at The Geek Easy on Saturday September 10th from 3:00 to 5:00 PM.
The Geek Easy
114 S Semoran Blvd, Ste 6, Winter Park 32792
Comedian/Comic Writer Brian Posehn (Deadpool, The Last Christmas) appears at Heroes’ Haven Comics on Friday September 9th from 4:00 to 6:00 P.M. Brian will be signing for a few hours before his live show at Crowbar in Ybor at 9:00 P.M.
4339 Gunn Hwy, Tampa, FL 33618
Rebecca Sugar, creator of Steven Universe, appears at Barnes & Noble on Saturday, September 10 at 2:00 PM, for a very special Meet & Greet. (This is a wristbanded event. Barnes & Noble at The Grove will begin selling pre-signed copies of THE ANSWER at 9am on Sept. 10th)
THE ANSWER, a heartfelt illustrated picture book by Rebecca Sugar, tells the story of two Gems named Ruby and Sapphire as they discover love for the first time on a strange new planet called Earth. Dazzling illustrations from show artists Elle Michalka and Tiffany Ford capture Ruby and Sapphire’s wonder and surprise as their story takes a course that fate never planned for them.
Barnes & Noble – The Grove
189 The Grove Dr, Ste K 30, Los Angeles, California 90036
Award-winning comic book publisher BOOM! Studios and its imprints, KaBOOM!, BOOM! Box, and Archaia, announced its exclusives for this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, to be held at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California July 20-24.
The following exclusives will be available for purchase at its booth, #2229:
Adventure Time Comics #1 SDCC Exclusive ($10)
Cover by Pat McHale & Sam McHale
Writers: Tony Millionaire, Katie Cook, and Art Baltazar
Artists: Tony Millionaire, Katie Cook, and Art Baltazar
The first issue of a new KaBOOM! ongoing series featuring some of the industry’s best cartoonists telling Adventure Time stories in their own voices bears a cover by Over the Garden Wall creator Pat McHale and his son, Sam.
Jim Henson’s Labyrinth 30th Anniversary Special SDCC Exclusive ($20)
Cover by Mark A. Schneider
Writers: Jonathan Case, Cory Godbey, Gustavo Duarte, Ted Naifeh & Adrianne Ambrose, and Adam Smith
Artists: Daniel Bayliss, Cory Godbey, Gustavo Duarte, Kyla Vanderklugt, and Jeff Stokely
Featuring fan-favorite characters like Ludo, Hoggle, Sir Didymus, and a few surprises, this special celebration collects for the first time all of the Labyrinth Free Comic Book Day stories along with new tales from Eisner Award winner Jonathan Case (The New Deal), Gustavo Duarte (Bizarro), and more! The cover features a replica of Jareth’s mask that can be popped out!
Lucas Stand #1 ($10)
Cover by Chris Visions
Writers: Kurt Sutter and Caitlin Kittredge
Artist: Jesús Hervás
The debut issue of Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter’s first original comic book series about a dead man enlisted by Lucifer to send wayward demons back to Hell features a cover by Dead Letters artist Chris Visions.
Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy #1 SDCC Exclusive ($10)
Cover by Lissa Treiman
Writer: Chynna Clugston Flores
Artist: Rosemary Valero-O’Connell
The dream crossover event of the summer features a cover by original Giant Days artist Lissa Treiman.
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #5 SDCC Exclusive ($25)
Cover by Goñi Montes
Writer: Kyle Higgins Artist: Thony Silas
This exclusive features an Armored Black Ranger cover image, the last in this style of covers by Goñi Montes.
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Pink #1 SDCC Exclusive ($20)
Cover by Felipe Smith
Writers: Brenden Fletcher & Kelly Thompson
Artist: Daniele Di Nicuolo
Part 3 of a four-part connecting cover set by Felipe Smith!
Over the Garden Wall #1 ($10)
Cover by Rex Hackelberg
Writers: Jim Campbell, Amalia Levari
Artists: Jim Campbell, Cara McGee
San Diego Comic-Con exclusive of the debut issue of the new ongoing Over the Garden Wall comic book series.
Steven Universe Zine ($5)
Covers by Missy Pena
Writer: Lauren Zuke
Artist: Lauren Zuke
A handmade zine from Steven Universe storyboard artist Lauren Zuke, featuring three different covers by Missy Pena, each one bearing a different Crystal Gem.
ABOUT BOOM! STUDIOS
Founded by Ross Richie in 2005, Diamond Gem Award-winning “Best Publisher” BOOM! Studios (boom-studios.com generates New York Times best-selling Eisner and Harvey Award-winning comic books and graphic novels. BOOM! Studios is comprised of four distinct imprints: the “Studios” imprint is home to The Woods, Grant Morrison’s Klaus, and Big Trouble in Little China; imprint “BOOM! Box” publishesLumberjanes, Steve Jackson Games’ Munchkin, and Giant Days; All-Ages imprint “KaBOOM!” publishes Charles Schulz’ Peanuts; Jim Davis’ Garfield; and Cartoon Network’s Adventure Time; and the “Archaia” imprint is home to Mouse Guard, Cow Boy, and numerous Jim Henson Company properties. Since 2013, BOOM! Studios has had a unique first-look feature film relationship with 20th Century Fox and since August 2014 BOOM! has had a similar first-look relationship with Fox’s television studio to develop properties for the small screen.
Florida Supercon is the LARGEST Comic Con in Miami. Supercon takes place JULY 1-4, 2016 at THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER and FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER!
Find the best in Comic Books, Media Guests, Anime, Animation, Video Games, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Pop Culture in South Florida. Florida Supercon is 4 days of fun featuring celebrity guests, comic book creators, voice actors, industry guests, cosplayers, artists, writers, panels, Q&A’s, films & shorts, costume & cosplay contests, vendors, parties, anime, workshops, video gaming and more!
Some of the highlights for Florida Supercon 2016 include:
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Celebration: William Shatner “Captain Kirk”, Walter Koenig “Pavel Chekov”, Michael Dorn “Worf”, Denise Crosby “Tasha Yar”, Robert Picardo “The Doctor”, René Auberjonois “Odo”, Robert Duncan McNeill “Tom Paris”, David Warner “Chancellor Gorkon & St. John Talbot”, Chase Masterson “Leeta the Bajoran”, and Star Trek: The Motion Picture Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow star: Casper Crump “Vandal Savage”.
- FOX’S Gotham star: Ben McKenzie “Jim Gordon”.
- Doctor Who star: Alex Kingston “River Song.”
- The Walking Dead Cast Members: Michael Cudlitz “Abraham Ford”, and Denise Crosby “Mary”.
- Star Wars Cast Members: Jeremy Bulloch “Boba Fett”, Tim Rose “Admiral Ackbar”, Jessica Henwick “Jessika Pava”, Chris Parsons “4-Lom”, and Star Wars: A New Hope special effects co-ordinator Bruce Logan.
- First Time Ever TRON Reunion: Bruce Boxleitner “TRON”, David Warner “Sark”, Cindy Morgan “Yori”, and TRON Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- Game of Thrones cast members: Natalia Tena “Osha” and Jessica Henwick “Nymeria Sand”.
- Harry Potter stars: Natalia Tena “Tonks”, and Devon Murray “Seamus Finnigan”.
- Sesame Street cast members: Emilio Delgado “Luis” and Bob McGrath “Bob Johnson”.
- Steven Universe stars: Zach Callison “Steven”, Michaela Dietz “Amethyst”, and Grace Rolek “Connie”.
- Wrestling Superstars: Mick Foley, Diamond Dallas Page, Mickie James, The Godfather, Road Warrior Animal, and Demolition.
- Pokémon 20th Anniversary Celebration: Veronica Taylor “Ash Ketchum”, Michael Liscio Jr. “Clemont and Inkay”, Tara Sands “Bulbasaur, Richie, Sammy, Oddish and Jasmine”, Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld “Bonnie, Nurse Joy, Jasmine and Audino”, and Haven Paschall “Serena, Concordia, and Ellie”.
- Anime Stars: Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, Ouran High School Host Club), Caitlin Glass (Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Ouran High School), Steve Blum (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo), Trina Nishimura (Attack on Titan, Witchblade, Claymore), and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Ghost In The Shell, Sailor Moon).
- Animation Stars: Tara Strong (Teen Titans Go), Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies), Jim Cummings (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck), Larry Kenney (Thundercats, Count Chocula), Charles Martinet (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Toadsworth, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi for Nintendo), Steve Blum (Transformers: Prime, Wolverine and the X-Men, Legend of Korra), and Andy Sipes (Triptank, Code Monkeys, and Archer).
- Dozens of Comic Book Artists and Writers: Keith Giffen, Greg Capullo, Fabian Nicieza, Joe Keatinge, Leila del Duca, Neal Adams, José Luis Garcia-Lopez, Jorge Molina, Ramón Pérez, Jill Thompson, Colleen Doran, Scott Kolins, Allen Bellman, Scott Hepburn, Trevor Von Eeden, Elliot S! Maggin, Brad Walker, Khary Randolph, John Beatty, Shawn Crystal, Brent Schoonover, Cory Smith, Tony Bedard, Mateus Santolouco, Tony Bedard, Jose Delbo, Greg Horn, Andy Kuhn, and many more!
- Power Ranger Cast Members: Austin St. John, Christopher Khayman Lee, Steve Cardenas, and Dan Southworth.
- More celebrities including: Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Children’s Hospital, The Waterboy), Kel Mitchell (Kenan & Kel, Good Burger, Mystery Men), Lisa Corrao (Every Witch Way), and many more to be announced!
- Multiple costume and cosplay events each day of the show, with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes on the line!
- Over 500,000 square feet of convention space featuring 700 booths and tables with vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers, and exhibits. 3 stages of entertainment, video games, plus a dozen rooms for panels, tabletop gaming and screenings.
Click here to get tickets.
FSC is JULY 1-4, 2016
THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER & FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER
1901 Convention Center Dr. • Miami Beach, FL 33139 • 305.673.7311
SUPERCON PHONE: 954.399.1330 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Society of Illustrators is proud to share this year’s stellar list of Guests of Honor for the MoCCA Arts Festival in New York City. They are:
* Cece Bell, author of the phenomenal middle grade graphic memoir El Deafo (winner of the Newberry Honor and an Eisner Award)
* R.O. Blechman, Emmy Award-winning illustrator, animator, cartoonist and author.
* Phoebe Gloeckner, whose subversive classic The Diary of a Teenage Girl was recently adapted into a critically acclaimed film of the same name.
* Sonny Liew, whose graphic novel The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye was censured by the National Arts Council of Singapore and is forthcoming from Pantheon Books.
* Rebecca Sugar, creator of the quietly radical animated cartoon series Steven Universe.
This diverse group of artists exemplifies the limitless aesthetic and social power of comics and cartooning. The MoCCA Arts Festival will take place on April 2 – 3rd from 11:00AM – 6:00PM at our brand new location at Metropolitan West (636 W. 46th St.) with programming mere steps away at Ink48 (653 11th Ave.).
Price of admission is $5 per day and will grant attendees access to the Fest including the Exhibitors Hall, on-site Gallery space, and programming. Tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Children under twelve are free. Further scheduling information regarding our Guests of Honor will be available in future announcements.
ABOUT THE GUESTS OF HONOR
Children’s book author and illustrator Cece Bell attended the College of William and Mary where she studied Art History, and later attended Kent State University, earning a graduate degree in illustration and design. Her colorful, fun and quirky drawings can be found in her best-selling books Rabbit & Robot: The Sleepover, Crankee Doodle, Bug Patrol, Itty Bitty, Bee-Wigged, and the Sock Monkey series. In 2015, Bell received the Newbery Medal Honor for her graphic novel El Deafo, a story based on her own experiences growing up deaf.
R.O. Blechman is a multiple award-winning and influential animator, illustrator, children’s book author, graphic novelist and editorial cartoonist. His many books include the groundbreaking 1953 graphic novel The Juggler of Our Lady and the forthcoming Amadeo & Maladeo: A Musical Duet. His work in animation includes The Soldier’s Tale and unforgettable advertisements for products like Alka Seltzer. He has received multiple recognitions including a Lifetime Achievement Award from The National Cartoonists Society in 2011, was inducted into the Society of Illustrators’ Hall of Fame in 2012. His work has been shown at The Norman Rockwell Museum, The School of Visual Arts, and MoMA.
Phoebe Gloeckner began cartooning after moving to San Francisco in the 1970s, and was greatly influenced by the underground comix movement led by artists including Robert Crumb, Aline Kominksy, Bill Griffith, Diane Noomin, and Terry Zwigoff. Her early work appeared in anthologies including Wimmen’s Comix, Weirdo, and Twisted Sisters. Both her 1998 collection A Child’s Life and Other Stories and the 2002 novel The Diary of a Teenage Girl: An Account in Words and Pictures received notable recognition as well as controversy for its honest portrayal of teenage sexuality with themes of drug use and childhood traumas. The book has been adapted into a theatrical production and a critically acclaimed feature film of the same name. She is the recipient of the 2000 Inkpot Award, received the Guggenheim Fellowship in 2008, and is currently the Faculty Fellow at the University of Michigan Institute for the Humanities.
Sonny Liew is a comics artist, painter, and illustrator whose work includes the New York Times bestseller The Shadow Hero (with Gene Yang), Doctor Fate (with Paul Levitz), Malinky Robot and titles for Marvel Comics, DC Vertigo, and Image Comics. He has been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards for his collaborations on The Shadow Hero, Wonderland, and Liquid City, a multivolume comics anthology featuring creators from Southeast Asia. He lives and works in Singapore.
Animator, composer and director Rebecca Sugar’s groundbreaking career started as a writer and storyboard artist on the animated television series Adventure Time. She later went on to create the Cartoon Network series Steven Universe, and became the first woman to independently create a series for that network. She has received numerous Emmy and Annie Award nominations for her work on both series.
About the Society of Illustrators and the Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art (MoCCA)
Founded in 1901, the Society of Illustrators is the oldest nonprofit organization dedicated to the art of illustration in America. Notable Society members have been N.C. Wyeth, Rube Goldberg, and Norman Rockwell, among many others. Our Museum of Illustration was established in 1981. We offer year-round themed exhibits, art education programs and annual juried competitions. Our Permanent Collection houses 2,500 pieces that are cataloged for scholarly use and displayed periodically. In 2012, we created the MoCCA Gallery with a focus on curated exhibits of comic and cartoon art.
The MoCCA Arts Festival is a 2-day multimedia event, Manhattan’s largest independent comics, cartoon and animation festival, drawing over 7,000 attendees each year. With 400 exhibiting artists displaying their work, award-winning honorees speaking about their careers and artistic processes and other featured artists conducting workshops, lectures and film screenings, our Festival mission accelerates the advancement of the Society’s broader mission to serve as Manhattan’s singular cultural institution promoting all genres of illustration through exhibitions, programs and art education.
Jeremy Sorese, writer of the Steven Universe comic, appears at The PowerHouse Arena on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 from 7:00 – 9:00 PM for a signing of CURVEBALL!
The PowerHouse Arena
37 Main Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201