Comments Off on C2E2 2010 Adds 4 New Guests of Honor
C2E2 REVEALS FOUR NEW GUESTS OF HONOR
Guice, McNiven, Templesmith and Van Sciver To Attend C2E2
Norwalk, CT, August 18, 2009: Officials at the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) have today revealed the names of four new guests who will be appearing at the new comic book and pop culture convention which is being launched April 16 – 18, 2010 at Chicago’s McCormick Place Convention Center. Guests of Honor Jackson Guice, Steve McNiven, Ben Templesmith and Ethan Van Sciver will join previously announced Keystone Guest of Honor Alex Ross, celebrated comic book painter and Chicago area resident, and Guest of Honor Jeff Smith, who has not appeared in Chicago in over 10 years. C2E2 organizers are making it a priority to announce guests early and often to keep Chicago and Midwest fans fully informed of the great lineup of dynamic talent from comics, graphic literature, and all corners of pop culture that will be on hand to entertain fans at the show next April.
“I’m very excited and nothing but grateful for the faith put forward by C2E2’s latest Guests of Honor,” notes Lance Fensterman, Vice President and Show Manager for both C2E2 and New York Comic Con. “But this is only the tip of the iceberg. We have a lot of exciting names in the works, and we will be making more major announcements over the coming weeks and months. Our goal for C2E2 is to provide the top guests from across the pop culture spectrum, and we are well on our way. We want this to be the best show that Chicago has ever seen!”
“It’s been six years since my last convention appearance,” Guest of Honor Jackson Guice stated. “I cannot think of a better show to return to the convention circuit for me than the inaugural C2E2 in Chicago 2010. The success and quality reputation of the New York Comic Con is respected throughout the industry, and I’m sure C2E2 will be more of the same success — Chicago style!”
Jackson Guice, Steve McNiven, Ben Templesmith and Ethan Van Sciver will appear in the show’s Artist Alley, sketching and signing autographs throughout the weekend. C2E2’s sister show — New York Comic Con — features over 300 top names and up-and-comers in its Artist Alley, and C2E2 aims to bring a similarly impressive breadth of comic greats to Chicago. C2E2’s Artist Alley will be coordinated by the talents of Spencer R. Beck of The Artist’s Choice, who has also coordinated every NYCC Artist Alley to date, and Sal Abbinanti, artist and creator of Atomika and of AlexRossArt.com.
Artists interested in joining Artist Alley can apply online now at www.C2E2.com. For more information on C2E2 or to purchase tickets, please also visit www.C2E2.com. For the latest announcements, please visit C2E2’s official blog, www.mediumatlarge.net, or follow C2E2 on Twitter at www.twitter.com/C2E2.
ABOUT JACKSON GUICE:
Jackson “Butch” Guice has built a varied career with nearly three decades of experience as a comic artist. In the early 1980s, his work on Micronauts, New Mutants, and X-Factor for Marvel earned him a reputation as a solid and exciting draftsman. He moved to DC for a fan-favorite run on post-Crisis Flash before settling into the 1990s delivering steady work for both companies. Following a tenure at CrossGen on the Harvey and Eisner nominated title Ruse, he briefly collaborated with Kurt Busiek on Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis and illustrated numerous comic albums for the European comic market for French publisher Humanoids. He is now back with the publisher he started his career with, working exclusively for Marvel on such titles as Iron Man, Captain America, and Ultimate Origins, as well as currently embellishing Bryan Hitch’s pencils on Captain America: Reborn.
ABOUT STEVE McNIVEN:
Steve has been penciling comic books for a while now, mostly at home with his cats. His wife and daughter think he’s doing a pretty good job, too. His work can mostly be seen in the pages of Marvel comics under such titles as Amazing Spider-Man, The New Avengers, Marvel Civil War, and Wolverine. When he’s not working, he loves to attend conventions such as the one this blurb is attached to, where he gets a chance to talk to fellow comic fans and buy even more art books that won’t fit into his already stuffed studio.
ABOUT BEN TEMPLESMITH:
Ben is a New York Times best-selling artist and writer most widely known for his work in the American comic book industry where he has received multiple nominations for the International Horror Guild Awards as well as the industry’s top prize, the Eisner Award. He’s also won a Spike TV Scream Award. As a creator, his most notable works have been 30 Days of Night (which has now spawned a major motion picture) and Fell. His other projects include the critically-acclaimed serial Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse, as well as Welcome to Hoxford, (recently optioned by Chris Columbus ) and Singularity 7, all of which he also wrote. He has also worked on the Star Wars, Doctor Who, GI Joe, Army of Darkness, Silent Hill, and Buffy The Vampire Slayer properties and produces art and design for musicians, DVD, toys, and film concept work.
ABOUT ETHAN VAN SCIVER:
Ethan Van Sciver, 35-years-old, is by now a being of pure energy and light. Without Ethan Van Sciver, we wouldn’t have Cyberfrog, Flash: Iron Heights, Green Lantern: Rebirth, Sinestro Corps., or Flash: Rebirth. And if we did, they wouldn’t have half the number of lines in the drawings. His skin is pale, but soft and yielding to a gentle touch. His eyes sparkle, with the slightest crease of crow’s feet at the corners, clues of acquired wisdom with age. His hair is as if God’s own mare sacrificed a blessed patch of nourishing hay, sparing only enough to cap and warm his delightfully impish mind. His newest projects? Whatever they may be, they will fill the shelves of the tasteful and imaginative comic book fans the world over. He is Ethan Van Sciver. And for the weekend, he belongs to Chicago.
ABOUT REED EXHIBITIONS POP CULTURE GROUP:
The Pop Culture Group at Reed Exhibitions owns and operates the New York Comic Con (NYCC), the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2), and the New York Anime Festival (NYAF). New York Comic Con was launched in 2006 and quickly became a dominant presence in the pop culture world of public events. In 2009, 452 companies exhibited at NYCC for a total of 84,000 square feet of paid exhibit space, and it has been ranked by Crain’s New York Business as the second-largest annual event in NYC. C2E2, which will debut April 16 – 18 at Chicago’s McCormick Place Convention Center, is modeled after NYCC and will provide fans the opportunity to meet and greet their favorite writers, creators, and artists, as well as to see, hear and learn about the latest and greatest in comics, graphic novels, anime, manga, video games, toys, movies, and television. The Pop Culture Group also operates the recently-launched UFC Fan Expo in partnership with the UFC – the world’s leading professional mixed martial arts organization – and it formed a strategic partnership with Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) in 2008 and will work closely with PAX on the launch of PAX East in Boston in 2010.
Fan-demonium to Reach an All-Time High at 15th Annual Fan Expo Canada 2009
Leonard Nimoy, Linda Hamilton, Lou Ferrigno, and Bruce Campbell among the star-studded line-up at this year’s event
July 9, 2009, Toronto, ON – Expect to see a surge of Vulcans, Storm Troopers, Zombies, Dragonballers and other strange and wonderful characters across the city as Toronto hosts the largest combined gaming, horror, comic, science fiction and anime event in the country. The 15th annual Fan Expo Canada takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building on August 28-30, 2009.
Owned and operated by Hobby Star Marketing, Fan Expo Canada offers fans of every genre the chance to meet their favourite celebrities and pop culture heroes at autograph and photo sessions; participate in informational workshops with industry experts offering advice, tips and portfolio reviews; and shop for exclusive Fan Expo offers, collectables and memorabilia from more than 600 vendors.
“By offering unique experiences and opportunities to interact with icons, industry leaders, and other enthusiastic fans, Fan Expo delivers a signature event in Canada that satisfies fans’ cravings like no other,” says Aman Gupta, President of Hobby Star Marketing. “For the past 15 years Fan Expo Canada has been the only event to bring this level of fandom to Toronto and Fan Expo Canada 2009 will bring even more to visitors than ever before with incredible limited edition offers, the widest range of industry merchandise available, and appearances by genre demi-gods.”
Hobby Star Marketing Inc. was founded in 1992 and has quickly become one of Canada’s premiere sports and entertainment marketing companies. Since its inception, Hobby Star Marketing has secured a niche in the industry by specializing in professional sport and entertainment celebrity placement at a variety of venues and events.
SPECIAL CELEBRITY GUESTS:
SFX Science Fiction Expo, in association with SPACE – the official National Cable Broadcast Sponsor, guest list:
- LEONARD NIMOY – The legendary Mr. Spock of Star Trek
- LINDA HAMILTON – Sarah Connor celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Terminator
- BILLY DEE WILLIAMS – Lando Calrissian of the Star Wars feature films
- BEAU BRIDGES – Major General Hank Landry of Stargate SG-1
- THOMAS DEKKER – John Connor of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
- MARY MCDONNELL – President Laura Roslin of Battlestar Galactica
- JAMES KYSON LEE – Ando of Heroes
- AVERY BROOKS – Captain Benjamin Sisko of Star Trek Deep Space Nine
- WALTER KOENIG – Pavel Chekov of Star Trek
- ROBERT DUNCAN MCNEILL – Tom Paris of Star Trek Voyager
- LOU FERRIGNO – The Incredible Hulk
- DAVE THOMAS – Doug of Bob and Doug McKenzie brothers
- LARRY THOMAS – Seinfeld’s “Soup Nazi”
- TONY CURTIS – Legendary actor and Hollywood Icon
The Comic Book Expo guest list:
- JOE QUESADA – Editor In Chief Marvel Comics
- DAN DIDIO – Senior VP DC Comics
- CHRIS BACHALO – Legendary Artist
- MIKE DEODATO JR.- Artist Dark Avengers
- ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of Flash Rebirth
- J MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI – Award winning writer
- STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Wolverine
- IVAN REIS – Artist of Green Lantern & The Blackest Night – Rare appearance!
- TERRY DODSON – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
- DAVID FINCH – Artist of Ultimatum
- OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Thor
- MATT FRACTION – Writer of Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Ironman
- MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Acclaimed Marvel Cover Artist & Thor
- LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator of Wolverine & Swamp Thing
- DARWYN COOKE – Artist of DC The New Frontier
- DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist of upcoming Fantastic Four
- BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
- STUART IMMONNEN – Artist of New Avengers
- GEORGES JEANTY – Artist of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist of Stephen King’s Dark Tower
- MIKE CHOI – Artist of X-Force
- DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Playboy Cartoonist
The Festival of Fear Horror Expo, sponsored by Rue Morgue Magazine, guest list:
- BRUCE CAMPBELL – Legendary Film Actor
- ROGER CORMAN – Legendary Director
- UDO KEIR – Acclaimed Actor
- BARBARA STEELE – Emmy Award-Winning Actress
- TOM SAVINI – FX Master and Actor
- ROBERT HALL – Award winning make up artist
- JAMES DUVAL – Acclaimed Horror Film Actor
- MAX BROOKS – Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide
- ART HINDLE – Acclaimed actor
- KELLEY ARMSTRONG – Best Selling Horror Author
- JACK KETCHUM – Best Selling Horror Author
- LLOYD KAUFMAN – Producer – Toxic Avenger
The CNAnime Expo celebrity guest list:
- SCOTT MCNEIL – voice star of Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragonball Z
- CRISPIN FREEMAN – voice star of Naruto, Eureka Seven, Ghost In the Shell
- BRAD SWAILE – voice star of Death Note, Mobile Suit Gundam
- AARON DISMUKE – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- COLLEEN CLINKENBEARD – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- MONICA RIAL – voice star of Kiddy Grade, Noir, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
- BRINA PALENCIA – voice star of Claymore, Romeo A Juliet
- DEREK STEPHEN PRINCE – voice star of Bleach, Digimon
The GX – Gaming Expo, sponsored by Zellers & G4 Tech TV, celebrity guest list:
- STEVE DOWNES – Voice of Master Chief in the HALO video game series
- VICTOR LUCAS – Creator / Producer / Host of Electric Playground
- ED GREENWOOD – Creator / Author of Forgotten Realms
- JESS HARTLEY – Editor / Developer of White Wolf Publishing
- PIETER VAN HIEL – Role playing game Author of Sanguine Productions
- JONATHAN LAVALLEE – President of Firestorm Ink gaming publisher
- C.A. SULEIMAN – Director of Development CM Publishing
- MALCOLM SHEPPARD – Role playing game Author of White Wolf
Gaming fans will have the opportunity to take part in dozens of official tournaments, play new games, win prizes, meet with industry experts, attend seminars and view upcoming products.
- Canada’s largest Masquerade Costume Contest on Saturday, Aug. 29
- Industry Professional workshops for the public
- Millions of dollars of collectibles and memorabilia for sale
- Celebrity Q&A’s plus autograph and photo opportunities
- More than 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers offering a full range of pop culture and entertainment themed merchandise including comic books, toys, collectibles, games, videos, and more!
- Tons of costumed characters from your favourite TV shows & movies
- Introducing a reusable shopping tote, made from 100% recycled materials and designed specifically for fans to take their goodies home
- Exclusive show merchandise including:
- MEGAN FOX photo cover variant for issue one TRANSFORMERS: TALES OF THE FALLEN comic book – Limited to only 1000 copies
- STAR TREK: NERO comic, issue number one, “Spock Variant” edition – Limited to 1000 copies
- ULTIMATE AVENGERS comic #1, “Sketch cover variant” edition (Limited to 1500 copies)
- GREEN LANTERN: BLACKEST NIGHT Art Lithograph (Limited to 1500 copies) free and only available when you purchase a Fan Expo Premium Package
Stay tuned to www.fanexpocanada.com for more additions to this exciting line-up…
WHEN: AUGUST 28 – 30, 2009
Friday, August 28th 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 29th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30th 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Blvd. Toronto, Ontario
TICKETS: Basic Adult Day Pass $25.00
Kids under 12 years old are FREE when accompanied by an adult
See website for further details
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events – for dates, times and prices, please call Ticketmaster (416) 872-7777 or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com
Comments Off on Fan Expo Canada Announces Comic Pros
FAN EXPO CANADA – AUGUST 28-30, 2009
Visitors from across Ontario and around the world have the opportunity to experience the very best of pop culture first-hand at the upcoming 15th annual Fan Expo Canada. The return of the country’s largest combined event which includes The Canadian National Comic Book Expo, CNAnime, SFX Science Fiction Expo, Festival of Fear Horror Expo and GX Gaming Expo – the Canadian National Gaming Expo is the perfect family outing and offers something for all ages and interests!
The Comic Book Expo, CANADA’S BIGGEST COMIC BOOK EVENT has an amazing array of comic book superstar guests. Visitors to the Comic Book Expo will have the opportunity to meet many renowned artists and writers and participate in autograph and Q & A sessions with their favourite creators and industry experts alike.
The Comic Book Expo Guests include Featured Guests:
JOE QUESADA – Editor In Chief, MARVEL COMICS
MIKE DEODATO JR. – Artist, DARK AVENGERS
ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist, FLASH REBIRTH
STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist, WOLVERINE
IVAN REIS – Artist, THE BLACKEST NIGHT
TERRY DODSON – Artist, UNCANNY X-MEN
DAVID FINCH – Artist, ULTIMATUM
OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist, THOR
MATT FRACTION – Writer, UNCANNY X-MEN & INVINCIBLE IRON MAN
MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Cover artist, MARVEL COMICS
LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator, SWAMP THING & WOLVERINE
DARWYN COOKE – Writer/Artist, DC THE NEW FRONTIER, HUNTER
DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist, Upcoming FANTASTIC FOUR
BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
STUART IMMONEN – Artist, ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, NEW AVENGERS
KATHRYN IMMONEN – Writer, RUNAWAYS
ALEX MALEEV – Artist, SPIDER-WOMAN
YANICK PAQUETTE – Artist, MARVEL
FRANCIS MANAPUL – Artist, SUPERMAN/BATMAN, ADVENTURE COMICS
C.B. CEBULSKI – Writer and Editor, MARVEL COMICS
Special Appearance by:
DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Playboy cartoonist
Plus a HUGE list of creators and studios will be appearing at the 2009 Comic Book Expo – click here and take a look!