Comix Experience welcomes MARJORIE LIU and SANA TAKEDA on July 27th, 2016 (Sana is coming all the way from Japan!!)! They will be doing a free signing in celebration of their beautiful comic MONSTRESS. The signing will commence at 5:00 PM and go until 7:30 PM, to be followed by a book club meeting! If you would like to take part in the meeting, you can join the club at the website.
305 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94117
Calling all comic book fans! Gallery Nucleus celebrates FIRST SECOND BOOKS’ 10TH ANNIVERSARY! Come join us for a group signing with their talented authors of Tune: Still Life, In Real Life, and newest publication Odd Ducks. Get a one-on-one meet and greet with the artists, as they sign their books and chat with fans. Signing starts from 2:00 pm and ends at 5:00 pm on Saturday, July 16, 2016.
Derek Kirk Kim
Award-winning author and filmmaker behind “Same Difference,” “Mythomania,” “Good As Lily”(with Jesse Hamm), and “The Eternal Smile”(with Gene Luen Yang.) He has also contributed stories and artwork to numerous anthologies including “Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall,” “Flight, Volume 1,” and “Bizarro World.”
A cartoonist and illustrator currently living in Los Angeles. Her works have appeared in the Adventure Time comics and LA Magazine. She recently illustrated Tom Angleberger’s Fake Mustache. Her graphic novel Koko Be Good was published by First Second. In Real Life is her second book.
Worked on books that include Boy Proof (Candlewick, 2005), The Plain Janes (Minx/DC Comics, 2007), The Year of the Beasts (Roaring Brook, 2012), and Tin Star (a 2015 Sunburst Award Winner). She collaborated with artist Sara Varon on Odd Duck, a graphic novel for young readers. She is the YA editor of the Los Angeles Review of Books and a two-time Macdowell Fellow. She lives in Los Angeles.
210 East Main Street, Alhambra, CA 91801
Still recovering from the epic Star Wars Rebels Season 2 finale? Feel like you have more questions than answers about what the future holds for the crew of the Ghost? Fear not! Star Wars Rebels Executive Producer and Supervising Director Dave Filoni is headed to Star Wars Celebration Europe this July. Filoni and special guests Tiya Sircar (voice of Sabine Wren) and Sam Witwer (voice of Darth Maul/Emperor Palpatine) will share highly guarded sneak peeks at what’s to come in Star Wars Rebels season 3 including a screening of the first two episodes!
A long-time Star Wars fan himself, Filoni’s direction has added depth and resonance to the universe and characters with the critically acclaimed Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Rebels animated series. Fans at Celebration are in for great programming, and some unforgettable Q&A sessions, whenever Filoni takes the stage.
Don’t miss Star Wars Rebels at Celebration Europe!
Writer/Artist Adam Hughes (Wonder Woman, Dr. Manhattan) and variant cover artist Andy Price (My Little Pony) appear at My Parents’ Basement on Friday, July 29, 2016 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM to sign BETTY & VERONICA #1 from Archie Comics!
The first hour Adam will be signing copies of Betty and Veronica (and if you have any other books, but we are limiting them to no more than five with one being purchased in shop day of) and during the second hour, you can grab a blank sketch cover for Adam or Andy to do a quick personalized sketch. The sketches will be $40.
My Parents’ Basement
22 N Avondale Rd, Avondale Estates, GA 30002
Greg Grunberg and Lucas Turnbloom sign Dream Jumper: Nightmare Escape at Mysterious Galaxy Books on Friday, July 1, 2016 at 6:30 PM.
Some readers were lucky enough to get a taste of Dream Jumper: Nightmare Escape, the new kids’ graphic adventure written by actor Greg Grunberg (Heroes, Alias, Felicity, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Trek Beyond) and drawn by artist Lucas Turnbloom, during May’s Free Comic Book Day. The story follows Ben, a young boy who discovers that he has the power to jump in and out of his friends’ dreams and nightmares and help them battle their worst fears. Join us to learn more about the inspiration for the series, why the creators chose to work in comics form, and what might lie in the Dreamworld.
This is a numbered event – numbers for the signing line are free with the purchase of Dream Jumper: Nightmare Escape from Mysterious Galaxy. Books and tickets will be available for pick-up on Tuesday, June 28, starting at 10 AM!
If you are purchasing your copy online and attending the signing, please be sure to note your intent in the comments section at check-out.
Mysterious Galaxy Books
5943 Balboa Avenue, San Diego, CA 92111
The Star Wars Celebration Autograph Hall, presented in cooperation with Entertainment Legends, will be the place for fans to meet their favorite stars from Star Wars.
Scheduled to sign all three days of Celebration, July 15-17:
- Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker)
- Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia)
- Anthony Daniels (C-3PO; Dannyl Faytonni, Attack of the Clones)
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett, The Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi; Lt. Sheckil, The Empire Strikes Back; Captain Colton, Revenge of the Sith)
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
- Daniel Logan (Young Boba Fett, Attack of the Clones)
In addition to these stars of Celebration, every day of the show will have a different line-up of featured autograph guests. Don’t miss this chance to meet them in person for an autograph or photo opportunity.
Sign up and pre-pay for your Celebration photo op with your favorite Star Wars stars.
View information on how the autograph and photograph process will work onsite in the Celebration Autograph Hall.
Scheduled to sign Friday, July 15:
- Kenny Baker – after 13:00. (R2-D2; Paploo, Return of the Jedi)
- Michael Carter (Bib Fortuna, Return of the Jedi)
- Ken Colley (Admiral Piett, The Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi)
- Sean Crawford (Yak Face, Return of the Jedi)
- Tim Dry (J’Quille, Return of the Jedi )
Scheduled to sign Saturday, July 16:
- Al Lampert (Daine Jir, A New Hope)
- Kenny Baker (R2-D2; Paploo, Return of the Jedi)
- Rusty Goffe (Jawa, Kabe, A New Hope)
- Garrick Hagon (Biggs, A New Hope)
- Robert Watts (Producer, original trilogy; AT-ST Pilot Return of the Jedi)
Scheduled to sign Sunday, July 17
- Paul Blake (Greedo, A New Hope)
- Mike Edmonds (Ugnaught, The Empire Strikes Back; Logray, Jabba puppeteer, Return of the Jedi)
- Alan Harris (Leia’s escort & war room, A New Hope; Bossk, stormtrooper, Bespin Guard, Hoth Rebel, The Empire Strikes Back)
- Chris Muncke (Captain Khurgee, A New Hope)
- Simon Williamson (Max Rebo, Gamorrean Guard, Mon Cal officer, Return of the Jedi)
Any guest at Star Wars Celebration may have to reschedule or cancel for personal or professional reasons.
Florida Supercon is the LARGEST Comic Con in Miami. Supercon takes place JULY 1-4, 2016 at THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER and FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER!
Find the best in Comic Books, Media Guests, Anime, Animation, Video Games, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Pop Culture in South Florida. Florida Supercon is 4 days of fun featuring celebrity guests, comic book creators, voice actors, industry guests, cosplayers, artists, writers, panels, Q&A’s, films & shorts, costume & cosplay contests, vendors, parties, anime, workshops, video gaming and more!
Some of the highlights for Florida Supercon 2016 include:
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Celebration: William Shatner “Captain Kirk”, Walter Koenig “Pavel Chekov”, Michael Dorn “Worf”, Denise Crosby “Tasha Yar”, Robert Picardo “The Doctor”, René Auberjonois “Odo”, Robert Duncan McNeill “Tom Paris”, David Warner “Chancellor Gorkon & St. John Talbot”, Chase Masterson “Leeta the Bajoran”, and Star Trek: The Motion Picture Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow star: Casper Crump “Vandal Savage”.
- FOX’S Gotham star: Ben McKenzie “Jim Gordon”.
- Doctor Who star: Alex Kingston “River Song.”
- The Walking Dead Cast Members: Michael Cudlitz “Abraham Ford”, and Denise Crosby “Mary”.
- Star Wars Cast Members: Jeremy Bulloch “Boba Fett”, Tim Rose “Admiral Ackbar”, Jessica Henwick “Jessika Pava”, Chris Parsons “4-Lom”, and Star Wars: A New Hope special effects co-ordinator Bruce Logan.
- First Time Ever TRON Reunion: Bruce Boxleitner “TRON”, David Warner “Sark”, Cindy Morgan “Yori”, and TRON Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- Game of Thrones cast members: Natalia Tena “Osha” and Jessica Henwick “Nymeria Sand”.
- Harry Potter stars: Natalia Tena “Tonks”, and Devon Murray “Seamus Finnigan”.
- Sesame Street cast members: Emilio Delgado “Luis” and Bob McGrath “Bob Johnson”.
- Steven Universe stars: Zach Callison “Steven”, Michaela Dietz “Amethyst”, and Grace Rolek “Connie”.
- Wrestling Superstars: Mick Foley, Diamond Dallas Page, Mickie James, The Godfather, Road Warrior Animal, and Demolition.
- Pokémon 20th Anniversary Celebration: Veronica Taylor “Ash Ketchum”, Michael Liscio Jr. “Clemont and Inkay”, Tara Sands “Bulbasaur, Richie, Sammy, Oddish and Jasmine”, Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld “Bonnie, Nurse Joy, Jasmine and Audino”, and Haven Paschall “Serena, Concordia, and Ellie”.
- Anime Stars: Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, Ouran High School Host Club), Caitlin Glass (Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Ouran High School), Steve Blum (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo), Trina Nishimura (Attack on Titan, Witchblade, Claymore), and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Ghost In The Shell, Sailor Moon).
- Animation Stars: Tara Strong (Teen Titans Go), Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies), Jim Cummings (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck), Larry Kenney (Thundercats, Count Chocula), Charles Martinet (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Toadsworth, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi for Nintendo), Steve Blum (Transformers: Prime, Wolverine and the X-Men, Legend of Korra), and Andy Sipes (Triptank, Code Monkeys, and Archer).
- Dozens of Comic Book Artists and Writers: Keith Giffen, Greg Capullo, Fabian Nicieza, Joe Keatinge, Leila del Duca, Neal Adams, José Luis Garcia-Lopez, Jorge Molina, Ramón Pérez, Jill Thompson, Colleen Doran, Scott Kolins, Allen Bellman, Scott Hepburn, Trevor Von Eeden, Elliot S! Maggin, Brad Walker, Khary Randolph, John Beatty, Shawn Crystal, Brent Schoonover, Cory Smith, Tony Bedard, Mateus Santolouco, Tony Bedard, Jose Delbo, Greg Horn, Andy Kuhn, and many more!
- Power Ranger Cast Members: Austin St. John, Christopher Khayman Lee, Steve Cardenas, and Dan Southworth.
- More celebrities including: Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Children’s Hospital, The Waterboy), Kel Mitchell (Kenan & Kel, Good Burger, Mystery Men), Lisa Corrao (Every Witch Way), and many more to be announced!
- Multiple costume and cosplay events each day of the show, with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes on the line!
- Over 500,000 square feet of convention space featuring 700 booths and tables with vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers, and exhibits. 3 stages of entertainment, video games, plus a dozen rooms for panels, tabletop gaming and screenings.
Click here to get tickets.
FSC is JULY 1-4, 2016
THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER & FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER
1901 Convention Center Dr. • Miami Beach, FL 33139 • 305.673.7311
SUPERCON PHONE: 954.399.1330 firstname.lastname@example.org
June 22, 2016 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, Collectibles, Comic Books, Comic Strips, Convention News, Cosplay, Europe, Gaming, Movies, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Television, Top Stories, Video Games
With Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016 set to launch in less than a month, we wanted to share a sneak peek at some of the panels being planned for the Celebration Stage, home of the biggest shows and brightest stars of the weekend! This is where fans will go to spend separate hours with Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniels, get the latest news and info on Rebels Season 3, and grab some super-secret glimpses of the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. If that weren’t enough, the stage will also host special screenings of A New Hope and The Force Awakens, as well as many other guests and not-to-be-missed Celebration attractions. A few surprises still to come on this stage, so be sure to stick around for the final day of the show. Make the Celebration Stage your number one stop in London this July!!
Seats at the Celebration Stage will be in high demand. Look for our Star Wars Celebration Navigation Guide, coming next week on www.starwarscelebration.com for helpful tips and tricks to help you see your favorite shows!
Friday, July 15:
An Hour With Mark Hamill
Start your Celebration weekend off in the best possible way, by spending time with the Jedi Master himself. Mark Hamill will chat with the audience, answer questions, and tell stories from his years in entertainment and from his point of view portraying the pivotal character of Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars universe.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Secret mission? What plans? What are you talking about? Find out, when Gareth Edwards – director of the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – joins Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and some special guests for a revealing can’t-miss Rogue One panel! Also streamed to the Galaxy Stage and BTSS
Star Wars Celebration Europe Cosplay Championship
Enjoy the best cosplay in the galaxy live on the Celebration Stage. The Celebration Europe Cosplay Championships, hosted by Warwick Davis and Mark Daniel, will entertain, and possibly inspire you to get started with your own Star Wars cosplay. The Championships will feature celebrity judges who know quite a bit about the art of Star Wars costumes: Dave Filoni (Executive Producer, Star Wars Rebels) and Steve Sansweet (Rancho Obi-Wan).
Screening: Star Wars: A New Hope
The story that started the theatrical saga of Star Wars, as well as the most recent, epic movie for the big screen, will play for fans at Celebration Europe Friday and Saturday evenings. Tonight, relive the excitement of seeing Star Wars: A New Hope in a theater, surrounded by your fellow fans. Bring your lightsaber and get ready to cheer for your heroes, and boo the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader. Or perhaps cheer for Darth if you lean toward the dark side….
Saturday, July 16:
The Creatures, Droids & Aliens of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Take a deep dive into the Pinewood Studios-based Star Wars creature shop, where Creative Supervisor Neal Scanlan and team designed and built every alien, beast and droid from Star Wars: The Force Awakens! Step-by-step, the process of crafting amazing creatures and droids like Maz Kanata, BB-8, the luggabeast, Unkar Plutt and Supreme Leader Snoke will be explored; from design and sculpting, to fabrication and animatronics, to painting and puppeteering. The panel will culminate in a live demo of one of the creature shop’s incredible Star Wars characters!
Anthony Daniels, Without Protocol
It’s always bright and shiny when our favorite protocol droid takes the stage. Don’t miss Anthony Daniels, the human behind C-3PO. Expect the unexpected as Daniels and host Warwick Davis have a marvelous time, sometimes at the expense of unsuspecting audience members.
Star Wars Rebels Season 3
Still recovering from the epic Star Wars Rebels Season 2 finale? Feel like you have more questions than answers about what the future holds for the crew of the Ghost? Fear not! Star Wars Rebels Executive Producer and Supervising Director Dave Filoni will be joined by special guests to share highly-guarded sneak peeks at what’s to come in Star Wars Rebels season 3 including a screening of the first two episodes!
Meet the Creators: The Minds Behind EA’s Star Wars Games
Join us for a roundtable discussion about what’s it’s like to create Star Wars games. The creative leaders behind Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, Star Wars: The Old Republic and other upcoming Star Wars video games from EA will share behind-the-scenes stories and reveal news about the future of Star Wars games at EA.
Screening: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
The story that started the theatrical saga of Star Wars, as well as the most recent, epic movie for the big screen, will play for fans at Celebration Europe Friday and Saturday evenings. Tonight, plan to stay after hours to watch your most beloved characters new and old in The Force Awakens, presented in theatrical quality on the Celebration Stage.
Sunday, July 17:
Carrie Fisher: The Princess Diaries
Buckle up. Our favorite Princess is coming and she will certainly have something to say. Join Carrie Fisher, the force behind Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies, for an hour of insights into the world of one of our favorite characters on and off the screen.
Ray Park Unleashed
Ray Park, the actor and champion martial artist behind the iconic character of Darth Maul, will take the stage for an hour of insights and interaction. Always two there are – Park will share the stage with Celebration Host and Sith apprentice Warwick Davis.
The only actor to work on all seven Star Wars movies, Anthony Daniels, will be appearing at Star Wars Celebration Europe, meeting fans in the Celebration Autograph Hall, and appearing on stage with host Warwick Davis.
Daniels is the heart and soul of the golden robot C-3PO. He is also the legs, arms and voice. His legacy in the Star Wars universe includes portraying the golden droid not only in the seven movies, but also in countless television appearances, in animation, and public service announcements. Daniels toured as host with Star Wars in Concert, presenting the wonders of Star Wars music to audiences around the world.
Daniels joins these Star Wars character legends, autographing all three days in the Celebration Autograph Hall:
- Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker)
- Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia Organa)
- Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
- Daniel Logan (Young Boba Fett)
Look for more stars of the Celebration Autograph Hall to be announced here soon! Tickets for Friday and Sunday are still available!
Writer Charles Soule appears at Dragon’s Lair San Antonio on Sunday, June 26th from 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM!
Details: From heavy-hitter titles like Daredevil, Superman/Wonder Woman, Death of Wolverine and Star Wars: Poe Dameron to cult hits like Letter 44, She-Hulk, and Strange Attractors, Charles Soule is the hardest-working writer in comics today! Dragon’s Lair is fortunate to have him appearing right here in our stores to meet fans and sign copies of his work!
Dragon’s Lair Comics and Fantasy
7959 Fredericksburg Rd. Suite 129, San Antonio, TX 78229