Writer Greg Rucka (Black Magick, Stumptown) and artists Nicola Scott (Black Magick, Earth 2), and Liam Sharp (Judge Dredd, co-founder of Madefire) appear at Fantastic Comics on Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 3:00 till 6:00 PM!
Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott will also appear for a Q&A that to continue the shop’s women’s book club discussion of their fantastic comic, BLACK MAGICK, that night at 8:00 PM, details here…
2026 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704
New York Times-bestselling author Marjorie Liu shares the first installment in her new gripping graphic novel series, Monstress, Volume 1: Awakening. Described as “a delight” by Neil Gaiman, Marjorie and illustrator Sana Takeda have created a richly imagined world of art deco-inflected steam punk that will have readers highly anticipating the next book in the series. Monstress tells the story of a teenage girl who is struggling to survive the trauma of war, and who shares a mysterious psychic link with a monster of tremendous power, a connection that will transform them both and make them the target of both human and otherworldly powers. Illustrator Sana Takeda will be joining Marjorie for this very special evening.
1491 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley, CA 94709
This weekend, Marvel returns to San Diego Comic-Con as we prepare for non-stop excitement throughout the entire show! We’re bringing the hottest creators and all kinds of breaking news plus signings, giveaways, and awe-inspiring on-stage events that will make this year’s show one to remember! It’s all happening at the Marvel Booth (Booth #2329) throughout the show so be sure to stop by for your chance to get in on the fun!
Want to know more about the blockbuster upcoming slate of Marvel NOW! comic titles? What about the latest happenings for your favorite Marvel television shows and blockbuster movies? Then you won’t want to miss this year’s panel lineup chock full of breaking news! And that’s not all because this year’s show features an all-star lineup of your favorite Marvel creators and stars who will be appearing throughout the show!
Plus, the Marvel Booth at SDCC the only place to get your hands on red-hot exclusive merchandise including an all-new set of enamel pins inspired by the artwork of Skottie Young! Featuring over 25 unique pins, don’t miss out on one of this year’s must-have convention exclusives!
Can’t make it to the convention? Follow along on Marvel.com/SDCC2016 and @Marvel on Twitter, the best way to get real-time announcements from the convention floor and up-to-the-minute panel, in-booth, and signing schedules of all your favorite Marvel creators!
Comix Experience welcomes MARJORIE LIU and SANA TAKEDA on July 27th, 2016 (Sana is coming all the way from Japan!!)! They will be doing a free signing in celebration of their beautiful comic MONSTRESS. The signing will commence at 5:00 PM and go until 7:30 PM, to be followed by a book club meeting! If you would like to take part in the meeting, you can join the club at the website.
305 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94117
Calling all comic book fans! Gallery Nucleus celebrates FIRST SECOND BOOKS’ 10TH ANNIVERSARY! Come join us for a group signing with their talented authors of Tune: Still Life, In Real Life, and newest publication Odd Ducks. Get a one-on-one meet and greet with the artists, as they sign their books and chat with fans. Signing starts from 2:00 pm and ends at 5:00 pm on Saturday, July 16, 2016.
Derek Kirk Kim
Award-winning author and filmmaker behind “Same Difference,” “Mythomania,” “Good As Lily”(with Jesse Hamm), and “The Eternal Smile”(with Gene Luen Yang.) He has also contributed stories and artwork to numerous anthologies including “Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall,” “Flight, Volume 1,” and “Bizarro World.”
A cartoonist and illustrator currently living in Los Angeles. Her works have appeared in the Adventure Time comics and LA Magazine. She recently illustrated Tom Angleberger’s Fake Mustache. Her graphic novel Koko Be Good was published by First Second. In Real Life is her second book.
Worked on books that include Boy Proof (Candlewick, 2005), The Plain Janes (Minx/DC Comics, 2007), The Year of the Beasts (Roaring Brook, 2012), and Tin Star (a 2015 Sunburst Award Winner). She collaborated with artist Sara Varon on Odd Duck, a graphic novel for young readers. She is the YA editor of the Los Angeles Review of Books and a two-time Macdowell Fellow. She lives in Los Angeles.
210 East Main Street, Alhambra, CA 91801
Still recovering from the epic Star Wars Rebels Season 2 finale? Feel like you have more questions than answers about what the future holds for the crew of the Ghost? Fear not! Star Wars Rebels Executive Producer and Supervising Director Dave Filoni is headed to Star Wars Celebration Europe this July. Filoni and special guests Tiya Sircar (voice of Sabine Wren) and Sam Witwer (voice of Darth Maul/Emperor Palpatine) will share highly guarded sneak peeks at what’s to come in Star Wars Rebels season 3 including a screening of the first two episodes!
A long-time Star Wars fan himself, Filoni’s direction has added depth and resonance to the universe and characters with the critically acclaimed Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Rebels animated series. Fans at Celebration are in for great programming, and some unforgettable Q&A sessions, whenever Filoni takes the stage.
Don’t miss Star Wars Rebels at Celebration Europe!
Writer/Artist Adam Hughes (Wonder Woman, Dr. Manhattan) and variant cover artist Andy Price (My Little Pony) appear at My Parents’ Basement on Friday, July 29, 2016 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM to sign BETTY & VERONICA #1 from Archie Comics!
The first hour Adam will be signing copies of Betty and Veronica (and if you have any other books, but we are limiting them to no more than five with one being purchased in shop day of) and during the second hour, you can grab a blank sketch cover for Adam or Andy to do a quick personalized sketch. The sketches will be $40.
My Parents’ Basement
22 N Avondale Rd, Avondale Estates, GA 30002
Greg Grunberg and Lucas Turnbloom sign Dream Jumper: Nightmare Escape at Mysterious Galaxy Books on Friday, July 1, 2016 at 6:30 PM.
Some readers were lucky enough to get a taste of Dream Jumper: Nightmare Escape, the new kids’ graphic adventure written by actor Greg Grunberg (Heroes, Alias, Felicity, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Trek Beyond) and drawn by artist Lucas Turnbloom, during May’s Free Comic Book Day. The story follows Ben, a young boy who discovers that he has the power to jump in and out of his friends’ dreams and nightmares and help them battle their worst fears. Join us to learn more about the inspiration for the series, why the creators chose to work in comics form, and what might lie in the Dreamworld.
This is a numbered event – numbers for the signing line are free with the purchase of Dream Jumper: Nightmare Escape from Mysterious Galaxy. Books and tickets will be available for pick-up on Tuesday, June 28, starting at 10 AM!
If you are purchasing your copy online and attending the signing, please be sure to note your intent in the comments section at check-out.
Mysterious Galaxy Books
5943 Balboa Avenue, San Diego, CA 92111
The Star Wars Celebration Autograph Hall, presented in cooperation with Entertainment Legends, will be the place for fans to meet their favorite stars from Star Wars.
Scheduled to sign all three days of Celebration, July 15-17:
- Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker)
- Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia)
- Anthony Daniels (C-3PO; Dannyl Faytonni, Attack of the Clones)
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett, The Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi; Lt. Sheckil, The Empire Strikes Back; Captain Colton, Revenge of the Sith)
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
- Daniel Logan (Young Boba Fett, Attack of the Clones)
In addition to these stars of Celebration, every day of the show will have a different line-up of featured autograph guests. Don’t miss this chance to meet them in person for an autograph or photo opportunity.
Sign up and pre-pay for your Celebration photo op with your favorite Star Wars stars.
View information on how the autograph and photograph process will work onsite in the Celebration Autograph Hall.
Scheduled to sign Friday, July 15:
- Kenny Baker – after 13:00. (R2-D2; Paploo, Return of the Jedi)
- Michael Carter (Bib Fortuna, Return of the Jedi)
- Ken Colley (Admiral Piett, The Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi)
- Sean Crawford (Yak Face, Return of the Jedi)
- Tim Dry (J’Quille, Return of the Jedi )
Scheduled to sign Saturday, July 16:
- Al Lampert (Daine Jir, A New Hope)
- Kenny Baker (R2-D2; Paploo, Return of the Jedi)
- Rusty Goffe (Jawa, Kabe, A New Hope)
- Garrick Hagon (Biggs, A New Hope)
- Robert Watts (Producer, original trilogy; AT-ST Pilot Return of the Jedi)
Scheduled to sign Sunday, July 17
- Paul Blake (Greedo, A New Hope)
- Mike Edmonds (Ugnaught, The Empire Strikes Back; Logray, Jabba puppeteer, Return of the Jedi)
- Alan Harris (Leia’s escort & war room, A New Hope; Bossk, stormtrooper, Bespin Guard, Hoth Rebel, The Empire Strikes Back)
- Chris Muncke (Captain Khurgee, A New Hope)
- Simon Williamson (Max Rebo, Gamorrean Guard, Mon Cal officer, Return of the Jedi)
Any guest at Star Wars Celebration may have to reschedule or cancel for personal or professional reasons.
Florida Supercon is the LARGEST Comic Con in Miami. Supercon takes place JULY 1-4, 2016 at THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER and FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER!
Find the best in Comic Books, Media Guests, Anime, Animation, Video Games, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Pop Culture in South Florida. Florida Supercon is 4 days of fun featuring celebrity guests, comic book creators, voice actors, industry guests, cosplayers, artists, writers, panels, Q&A’s, films & shorts, costume & cosplay contests, vendors, parties, anime, workshops, video gaming and more!
Some of the highlights for Florida Supercon 2016 include:
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Celebration: William Shatner “Captain Kirk”, Walter Koenig “Pavel Chekov”, Michael Dorn “Worf”, Denise Crosby “Tasha Yar”, Robert Picardo “The Doctor”, René Auberjonois “Odo”, Robert Duncan McNeill “Tom Paris”, David Warner “Chancellor Gorkon & St. John Talbot”, Chase Masterson “Leeta the Bajoran”, and Star Trek: The Motion Picture Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow star: Casper Crump “Vandal Savage”.
- FOX’S Gotham star: Ben McKenzie “Jim Gordon”.
- Doctor Who star: Alex Kingston “River Song.”
- The Walking Dead Cast Members: Michael Cudlitz “Abraham Ford”, and Denise Crosby “Mary”.
- Star Wars Cast Members: Jeremy Bulloch “Boba Fett”, Tim Rose “Admiral Ackbar”, Jessica Henwick “Jessika Pava”, Chris Parsons “4-Lom”, and Star Wars: A New Hope special effects co-ordinator Bruce Logan.
- First Time Ever TRON Reunion: Bruce Boxleitner “TRON”, David Warner “Sark”, Cindy Morgan “Yori”, and TRON Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- Game of Thrones cast members: Natalia Tena “Osha” and Jessica Henwick “Nymeria Sand”.
- Harry Potter stars: Natalia Tena “Tonks”, and Devon Murray “Seamus Finnigan”.
- Sesame Street cast members: Emilio Delgado “Luis” and Bob McGrath “Bob Johnson”.
- Steven Universe stars: Zach Callison “Steven”, Michaela Dietz “Amethyst”, and Grace Rolek “Connie”.
- Wrestling Superstars: Mick Foley, Diamond Dallas Page, Mickie James, The Godfather, Road Warrior Animal, and Demolition.
- Pokémon 20th Anniversary Celebration: Veronica Taylor “Ash Ketchum”, Michael Liscio Jr. “Clemont and Inkay”, Tara Sands “Bulbasaur, Richie, Sammy, Oddish and Jasmine”, Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld “Bonnie, Nurse Joy, Jasmine and Audino”, and Haven Paschall “Serena, Concordia, and Ellie”.
- Anime Stars: Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, Ouran High School Host Club), Caitlin Glass (Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Ouran High School), Steve Blum (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo), Trina Nishimura (Attack on Titan, Witchblade, Claymore), and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Ghost In The Shell, Sailor Moon).
- Animation Stars: Tara Strong (Teen Titans Go), Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies), Jim Cummings (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck), Larry Kenney (Thundercats, Count Chocula), Charles Martinet (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Toadsworth, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi for Nintendo), Steve Blum (Transformers: Prime, Wolverine and the X-Men, Legend of Korra), and Andy Sipes (Triptank, Code Monkeys, and Archer).
- Dozens of Comic Book Artists and Writers: Keith Giffen, Greg Capullo, Fabian Nicieza, Joe Keatinge, Leila del Duca, Neal Adams, José Luis Garcia-Lopez, Jorge Molina, Ramón Pérez, Jill Thompson, Colleen Doran, Scott Kolins, Allen Bellman, Scott Hepburn, Trevor Von Eeden, Elliot S! Maggin, Brad Walker, Khary Randolph, John Beatty, Shawn Crystal, Brent Schoonover, Cory Smith, Tony Bedard, Mateus Santolouco, Tony Bedard, Jose Delbo, Greg Horn, Andy Kuhn, and many more!
- Power Ranger Cast Members: Austin St. John, Christopher Khayman Lee, Steve Cardenas, and Dan Southworth.
- More celebrities including: Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Children’s Hospital, The Waterboy), Kel Mitchell (Kenan & Kel, Good Burger, Mystery Men), Lisa Corrao (Every Witch Way), and many more to be announced!
- Multiple costume and cosplay events each day of the show, with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes on the line!
- Over 500,000 square feet of convention space featuring 700 booths and tables with vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers, and exhibits. 3 stages of entertainment, video games, plus a dozen rooms for panels, tabletop gaming and screenings.
Click here to get tickets.
FSC is JULY 1-4, 2016
THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER & FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER
1901 Convention Center Dr. • Miami Beach, FL 33139 • 305.673.7311
SUPERCON PHONE: 954.399.1330 firstname.lastname@example.org