Screenwriter Melinda Snodgrass (Star Trek: The Next Generation) hosts a screening of CHAOS ON THE BRIDGE at the Jean Cocteau Cinema on Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 6:30 PM.
The story of the struggle to create the television series, Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987). William Shatner speaks to virtually every major player, both in front of and behind the camera, who was involved with the production of The Next Generation. Traveling in both Canada and the United States, Shatner takes viewers to the backlot of Paramount Studios, a mission control room at NASA, and the largest Star Trek convention in the world to reveal the never-before-told story of Chaos on the Bridge.
Jean Cocteau Cinema
418 Montezuma Ave Santa Fe NM 87501
The Jean Cocteau Cinema presents a special multi-author book signing, panel discussion, and Q&A with the authors of Wild Cards (including George R.R. Martin, Melinda Snodgrass, and Daniel Abraham), an epic science fiction anthology about superheroes and powerful villains (edited by George R.R. Martin) on Sunday, July 24th at 2:00 PM. Tickets are FREE with the purchase of a Wild Cards hardcover book ($26.00 TOTAL), $5.00 with purchase of Wild Cards paperback ($20 TOTAL), or $10.00 without a book purchase.
WITH LIVE APPEARANCES BY:
George R.R. Martin, A Song of Ice and Fire, Fevre Dream
Melinda Snodgrass, Edge of Dawn, Star Trek
Walter Jon Williams, Wild Cards
Daniel Abraham, King’s Blood, The Expanse
Laura Mixon, Up Against It
Kevin Murphy, Wild Cards
Marco Kloos, Terms of Enlistment, Angles of Attack
Victor Milan, Dinosaur Lords, Dinosaur Knights
John Jos. Miller, Wild Cards
Gail Miller, Wild Cards
Carrie Vaughn, Dreams of the Golden Age
Caroline Spector, Wild Cards
Chip Wideman, Wild Cards
Sage Walker, Wild Cards
Mary Ann Mohanraj, Bodies in Motion, Kathryn in the City
Chris Rowe, Wild Cards
Diana Rowland, White Trash Zombies Gone Wild, Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues
Edward Bryant, Wild Cards
Leanne Harper, Wild Cards
Gregory Noveck, Wild Cards
Ian Tregellis, The Mechanical, The Liberation
Jean Cocteau Cinema
418 Montezuma Ave Santa Fe NM 87501
Writer/Artist Adam Hughes (Wonder Woman, Dr. Manhattan) and variant cover artist Andy Price (My Little Pony) appear at My Parents’ Basement on Friday, July 29, 2016 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM to sign BETTY & VERONICA #1 from Archie Comics!
The first hour Adam will be signing copies of Betty and Veronica (and if you have any other books, but we are limiting them to no more than five with one being purchased in shop day of) and during the second hour, you can grab a blank sketch cover for Adam or Andy to do a quick personalized sketch. The sketches will be $40.
My Parents’ Basement
22 N Avondale Rd, Avondale Estates, GA 30002
The Toonseum, Pittsburgh’s Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art, is currently in the process of organizing an exhibit of Star Trek original comic art. Art collectors have been instrumental in the success of prior exhibits at the ToonSeum, including last year’s Avengers: 50 Years of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and the current Captain America: 75 Years of the Sentinel of Liberty exhibits, and the hope is that this will again prove true with Star Trek.
The Toonseum is thus reaching out to any collectors who might be willing and kind of enough to loan the Pittsburgh-based museum some amazing Star Trek pages to be placed on display to the public. The exhibit will run from October 28, 2016, until January 15, 2017.
If you think that you would like to loan some Star Trek art and/or have questions about the process, you can e-mail Board Member, Treasurer and Exhibit Curator Anthony Letizia (firstname.lastname@example.org). Anthony would be happy to answer any questions you might have about transport, insurance, museum security and can provide references from collectors who have loaned the Toonseum art for previous exhibits. You can also check out the museum at the website.
Thank you for your consideration.
Greg Grunberg and Lucas Turnbloom sign Dream Jumper: Nightmare Escape at Mysterious Galaxy Books on Friday, July 1, 2016 at 6:30 PM.
Some readers were lucky enough to get a taste of Dream Jumper: Nightmare Escape, the new kids’ graphic adventure written by actor Greg Grunberg (Heroes, Alias, Felicity, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Trek Beyond) and drawn by artist Lucas Turnbloom, during May’s Free Comic Book Day. The story follows Ben, a young boy who discovers that he has the power to jump in and out of his friends’ dreams and nightmares and help them battle their worst fears. Join us to learn more about the inspiration for the series, why the creators chose to work in comics form, and what might lie in the Dreamworld.
This is a numbered event – numbers for the signing line are free with the purchase of Dream Jumper: Nightmare Escape from Mysterious Galaxy. Books and tickets will be available for pick-up on Tuesday, June 28, starting at 10 AM!
If you are purchasing your copy online and attending the signing, please be sure to note your intent in the comments section at check-out.
Mysterious Galaxy Books
5943 Balboa Avenue, San Diego, CA 92111
Florida Supercon is the LARGEST Comic Con in Miami. Supercon takes place JULY 1-4, 2016 at THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER and FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER!
Find the best in Comic Books, Media Guests, Anime, Animation, Video Games, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Pop Culture in South Florida. Florida Supercon is 4 days of fun featuring celebrity guests, comic book creators, voice actors, industry guests, cosplayers, artists, writers, panels, Q&A’s, films & shorts, costume & cosplay contests, vendors, parties, anime, workshops, video gaming and more!
Some of the highlights for Florida Supercon 2016 include:
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Celebration: William Shatner “Captain Kirk”, Walter Koenig “Pavel Chekov”, Michael Dorn “Worf”, Denise Crosby “Tasha Yar”, Robert Picardo “The Doctor”, René Auberjonois “Odo”, Robert Duncan McNeill “Tom Paris”, David Warner “Chancellor Gorkon & St. John Talbot”, Chase Masterson “Leeta the Bajoran”, and Star Trek: The Motion Picture Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow star: Casper Crump “Vandal Savage”.
- FOX’S Gotham star: Ben McKenzie “Jim Gordon”.
- Doctor Who star: Alex Kingston “River Song.”
- The Walking Dead Cast Members: Michael Cudlitz “Abraham Ford”, and Denise Crosby “Mary”.
- Star Wars Cast Members: Jeremy Bulloch “Boba Fett”, Tim Rose “Admiral Ackbar”, Jessica Henwick “Jessika Pava”, Chris Parsons “4-Lom”, and Star Wars: A New Hope special effects co-ordinator Bruce Logan.
- First Time Ever TRON Reunion: Bruce Boxleitner “TRON”, David Warner “Sark”, Cindy Morgan “Yori”, and TRON Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- Game of Thrones cast members: Natalia Tena “Osha” and Jessica Henwick “Nymeria Sand”.
- Harry Potter stars: Natalia Tena “Tonks”, and Devon Murray “Seamus Finnigan”.
- Sesame Street cast members: Emilio Delgado “Luis” and Bob McGrath “Bob Johnson”.
- Steven Universe stars: Zach Callison “Steven”, Michaela Dietz “Amethyst”, and Grace Rolek “Connie”.
- Wrestling Superstars: Mick Foley, Diamond Dallas Page, Mickie James, The Godfather, Road Warrior Animal, and Demolition.
- Pokémon 20th Anniversary Celebration: Veronica Taylor “Ash Ketchum”, Michael Liscio Jr. “Clemont and Inkay”, Tara Sands “Bulbasaur, Richie, Sammy, Oddish and Jasmine”, Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld “Bonnie, Nurse Joy, Jasmine and Audino”, and Haven Paschall “Serena, Concordia, and Ellie”.
- Anime Stars: Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, Ouran High School Host Club), Caitlin Glass (Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Ouran High School), Steve Blum (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo), Trina Nishimura (Attack on Titan, Witchblade, Claymore), and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Ghost In The Shell, Sailor Moon).
- Animation Stars: Tara Strong (Teen Titans Go), Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies), Jim Cummings (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck), Larry Kenney (Thundercats, Count Chocula), Charles Martinet (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Toadsworth, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi for Nintendo), Steve Blum (Transformers: Prime, Wolverine and the X-Men, Legend of Korra), and Andy Sipes (Triptank, Code Monkeys, and Archer).
- Dozens of Comic Book Artists and Writers: Keith Giffen, Greg Capullo, Fabian Nicieza, Joe Keatinge, Leila del Duca, Neal Adams, José Luis Garcia-Lopez, Jorge Molina, Ramón Pérez, Jill Thompson, Colleen Doran, Scott Kolins, Allen Bellman, Scott Hepburn, Trevor Von Eeden, Elliot S! Maggin, Brad Walker, Khary Randolph, John Beatty, Shawn Crystal, Brent Schoonover, Cory Smith, Tony Bedard, Mateus Santolouco, Tony Bedard, Jose Delbo, Greg Horn, Andy Kuhn, and many more!
- Power Ranger Cast Members: Austin St. John, Christopher Khayman Lee, Steve Cardenas, and Dan Southworth.
- More celebrities including: Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Children’s Hospital, The Waterboy), Kel Mitchell (Kenan & Kel, Good Burger, Mystery Men), Lisa Corrao (Every Witch Way), and many more to be announced!
- Multiple costume and cosplay events each day of the show, with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes on the line!
- Over 500,000 square feet of convention space featuring 700 booths and tables with vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers, and exhibits. 3 stages of entertainment, video games, plus a dozen rooms for panels, tabletop gaming and screenings.
Click here to get tickets.
FSC is JULY 1-4, 2016
THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER & FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER
1901 Convention Center Dr. • Miami Beach, FL 33139 • 305.673.7311
SUPERCON PHONE: 954.399.1330 email@example.com
Photo Ops tickets are now available for Boston Comic Con 2016 with media guests William Shatner (Star Trek’s original Captain Kirk), Karl Urban (Star Trek Beyond, Pete’s Dragon), Jenna Coleman (Doctor Who, Me Before You), Karen Gillan (Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Who), John Barrowman (Torchwood, Arrow), Ben McKenzie (Gotham, Southland), Elizabeth Henstridge (Agents of SHIELD), Caity Lotz (Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow), Robbie Amell (The Flash, X-Files), Ciara Renée (Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash), Seth Gilliam (The Walking Dead, Teen Wolf), and Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Star Trek Continues).
About Boston Comic Con:
The Boston Comic Con is a 100% independently run comic book show committed to bringing the biggest and best comic creators to New England. Run by fans for fans, Boston Comic Con is not affiliated with any other convention tour or corporate interests. Hosting over 120,000 square feet of vendors selling comic books, toys, posters, trading cards, and other pop culture memorabilia, this is a destination event for geeks of any stripe. This year’s convention will be held Friday August 12th, Saturday August 13th, and Sunday August 14th at the Seaport World Trade Center, 200 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA 02210. For more information please go to our website at www.bostoncomiccon.com and follow us on Twitter (@BostonComicCon) and Facebook!
Fan favorite and self described “Writer of Stuff” PETER DAVID will be making his very first trip to the Long Beach Comic Con on September 17 & 18, 2016 at the Long Beach Convention Center!
We’ve wanted to have Peter as a guest for quite some time and we’re happy to say he had the room in his busy schedule to join us for the 2016 LBCC!
A prolific writer Mr. David’s work include a beloved twelve year run on The Incredible Hulk, as well as runs on Aquaman, Young Justice, and X-Factor. His TV work includes Babylon 5, Young Justice, and Ben 10: Alien Force. And then there’s his many, many novels that include movie film adaptations, media tie-ins, and original works.
Right now a Weekend Pass for LBCC 2016 is just $50!
Saturday tix are $30 and Sunday is $25! Ticket prices will go up at the end of June, so don’t miss your chance to save! Kids 10 & Under get in FREE with a paid adult. Limit 2 children per paid adult.
Click Here to get your tickets now!
About Long Beach Comic Con:
Long Beach Comic Con is an annual event held at the Long Beach Convention Center each fall. It’s a celebration of comic books and pop culture that showcases the exceptional works of talented writers, artists, illustrators and creators of all types of pop culture. At Long Beach Comic Con you’ll find exhibitors promoting and selling all types of related products, as well as entertaining and educational programs, guest signings, and meet & greet sessions with celebrities. Long Beach Comic Con is a production of MAD Event Management, LLC. Visit www.longbeachcomiccon.com for additional information.
Join WORD and Villain LLC on Thursday, July 7th, at 7:00 PM for a Star Trek Launch Party to celebrate the release of Ed Gross’s THE FIFTY-YEAR MISSION: The Complete, Uncensored, Unauthorized Oral History of Star Trek: The First 25 Years.
Come out to Williamsburg to sip on some Romulan Ale, or raise a glass of Klingon Blood Wine (cocktails hand-crafted by Villain bartenders) and learn everything you could possibly know about the history of the Star Trek franchise, the inner-workings of producing the show, and the long-lasting cultural impact of Star Trek.
Enterprise to all Trekkies, media geeks, or just plain TV fans: Let’s have a party!
Ed Gross will be joined in conversation by science fiction critic Ryan Britt, author of LUKE SKYWALKER CAN’T READ: And Other Geeky Truths.
TICKET TIER 1: A $5 ticket/gift card (redeemable as a $5 credit against Ed Gross’s book the evening of the event)
TICKET TIER 2: Preorder the book as ticket for $29.99! Each $29.99 “ticket” below will guarantee entry to the event as well as a copy of Ed Gross’s book. This ticket tier also guarantees reserved seating at the event as well as the opportunity to be the first group to enter the signing line.
ABOUT THE BOOK: This is the unauthorized, uncensored and unbelievable true story behind the making of a pop culture phenomenon. The original Star Trek series debuted in 1966 and has spawned five TV series spin-offs and a dozen feature films, with an upcoming one from Paramount arriving in 2016. THE FIFTY-YEAR MISSION is a no-holds-barred oral history of five decades of Star Trek, told by the people who were there. Hear from the hundreds of television and film executives, programmers, writers, creators and cast as they unveil the oftentimes shocking story of Star Trek’s ongoing fifty-year mission -a mission that has spanned from the classic series to the animated show, the many attempts at a relaunch through the beloved feature films. Make no mistake, this isn’t just a book for Star Trek fans. Here is a volume for all fans of pop culture and anyone interested in the nuts and bolts of a television touchstone.
EDWARD GROSS has an extensive history of covering film and television as a member of the editorial staff of a wide variety of magazines, including CINESCAPE, STARLOG, CINEFANTASTIQUE, SFX, FEMME FATALES, MOVIE MAGIC, LIFE STORY and SCI-FI NOW. He has written numerous non-fiction books and, along with THE FIFTY-YEAR MISSION co-author Mark Altman, has written more about Star Trek over the past 35 years than just about anyone else.
RYAN BRITT has written for the New York Times, Electric Literature, the Awl, and Clarkesworld Magazine, and he is a consulting editor for Story Magazine. He was the staff writer for the Hugo Award-winning web magazine Tor.com, where he remains a contributor. He lives in New York City.
50 N 3rd Street, Brooklyn, NY 11249
Paul Ruditis signs at Powell’s City of Books on Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 7:00 PM!
Celebrate 50 years of one of the longest-running and beloved sci-fi franchises with The Star Trek Book (DK). This comprehensive guide to the series delves into the myriad worlds and different dimensions visited by the crew of the Enterprise, detailing everything you need to know about 50 years of excitement and adventure on the final frontier.
Powell’s City of Books
3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. Beaverton, OR 97005