Spike TV To Give Fans a Front Row Seat for SDCC 2012 with “Comic-Con All Access Live” Featuring Kevin Smith, Stan Lee, Etc.
SPIKE TV TO PRESENT FANS A FRONT ROW SEAT TO “COMIC-CON ALL ACCESS LIVE,” ONE OF THE BIGGEST EVENTS CELEBRATING POP CULTURE AND COMICS
Network’s “All Access” Franchise to Feature Top Names in Pop Culture, Comics and Entertainment Including Mark Hamill, Kevin Smith, Zachary Levi’s Nerd Machine, Stan Lee, the Cast of “Doctor Who” and others
The Live Multi-Platform Event Airs on Spike TV on July 13 at 4:00pm ET/1:00pm PT
New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA – July 2, 2012 – Spike TV announced today that the network’s live “All Access” multi-platform franchise, which covers the biggest events in gaming, pop culture and technology, will return with “Comic-Con All Access Live.” The live event which airs on Spike TV, in HD, on Friday, July 13, from 4:00 – 7:00pm ET/1:00 – 4:00pm PT, will be the command center for all of the top entertainment headlines during the event, and the Comic-Con viewing party destination for fans at home. “Comic-Con All Access Live” will cover the top panels and announcements from the event, host the hottest stars of the genre, including Mark Hamill, Kevin Smith, Zachary Levi and much more.
“We are excited to bring our ‘All Access’ multi-platform franchise to Comic-Con 2012,” said Jon Slusser, Senior Vice President, Sports and Multi-Platform Programming, Spike TV. “Comic-Con is a celebration commemorating everything that fans love about comics, movies, TV shows and games, and ‘Comic-Con All Access Live’ will provide fans with an interactive and up-close experience that only Spike TV can deliver.”
Kevin Smith will join the “All Access” team to serve as moderator of “Comic-Con Bonus Round,” a live series of roundtable discussions surrounding comic books, pop culture and entertainment. In addition, Nerd Machine’s Zac Levi, David Coleman and Alison Haislip, will return to the “All Access” franchise to give fans an exclusive sneak peek into their popular Nerd HQ event.
“Comic-Con All Access Live” will also feature an interview with Stan Lee and the creators of “Amazing Spiderman,” in honor of the superhero’s 50th anniversary, an exclusive reveal of the landmark #700 issue of “Amazing Spiderman,” interviews with Mark Hamill, Kit Harington from “Game of Thrones,” and visits from the cast of “Doctor Who,” and MMA fighter Nate Quarry who stops by to talk about his “Zombie Cage Fighter” comic book. Dhani Jones (former NFL player and host of Spike TV’s “Playbook360″) will also be on hand to give a behind-the-scenes look into the “Walking Dead Escape” experience at Petco Park, and viewers can also watch “All Access” host, Katie Linendoll run a quarter-mile segment in the inaugural “Course of the Force” lightsaber relay, dressed in an R2D2 costume, to benefit Make-A-Wish Foundation. “Course of the Force” is a Star Wars tribute event beginning in Santa Monica and ending in San Diego. The relay race takes place from July 7-11.
Also, in celebration of the revolutionary work in the comics, movies and sci-fi industry in the past year, Spike TV will present the “Spike’s All Access Live Comic-Con Game Changer of the Year” award to the most innovative name in the genre for 2012 and is asking fans to help choose the winner. From visionary directors, inspired actors and comic book architects, viewers can elect Jim Lee, Joss Whedon, Christopher Nolan, Kevin Smith, Mark Ruffalo, Robert Kirkman or David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. Fans can vote by visiting www.spike.com/events/all-access-comic-con/game-changer-of-the-year.
“Comic-Con All Access Live” will be supported on Spike TV through “All Access Weekly” and “Playbook 360;” online on Spike.com, GameTrailers.com and MTV Geek; socially through its Facebook and Twitter feed @SpikeTV; and through mobile phones and tablets including iPhone, iPad and Android devices. The live special will also deliver digital pre and post shows, online simulcasts and interstitial programming throughout the weekend.
The “Comic-Con All Access Live” team includes “All Access Live” veterans Katie Linendoll (“All Access Weekly”), Geoff Keighley (“GTTV”), Justine Ezarik (“GTTV”) and Daniel Kayser (“GTTV”).
Spike TV’s “All Access” hosting team will broadcast from their own Comic-Con studio at Petco Park, overlooking the San Diego Convention Center, and will feature coverage of the most anticipated panels, breaking entertainment news and announcements, exclusive interviews with the biggest names in pop culture and entertainment and much more. Fans can also interact with the “Comic-Con All Access Live” hosts and guests through Twitter using #SDCConSPIKE. Show hosts will use Spike TV’s social media outlets to answer viewer questions and provide feedback in real-time throughout the live show.
Gil Colon, Kevin Kay, Geoff Keighley and Jon Slusser serve as Executive Producers for “Spike Presents Comic-Con All Access Live.” For more information about “Comic-Con All Access Live,” please visit allaccess.spike.com.
Sponsors for “Comic-Con All Access Live” include Dodge as a convergent sponsor, Burger King and GEICO as on-air sponsors and Axe as the show’s digital sponsor.
Considered to be the home of the largest comic book and popular arts event in the world, Comic-Con 2012 will run from July 12-15, 2012 at the San Diego Convention Center.
Spike TV is available in 98.7 million homes and is a division of Viacom Media Networks. A unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), Viacom Media Networks is one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV’s Internet address is www.spike.com.
Spike TV Unveils 2011 Comic-Con Line Up Featuring a Panel and a Virtual Mobile Scavenger Hunt Based on the Network’s Hit Multi-Platform Series “Deadliest Warrior” and Autograph Signings by TNA Wrestlers at Spike TV Booth
“Deadliest Warrior – Vampires Vs. Zombies” Panel On Thursday, July 21 From 10:00-11:00 AM Featuring Legendary Horror Director And Writer Wes Craven, World War Z Novelist Max Brooks, Comic Book Author And Novelist Steve Niles And The Hosts Of “Deadliest Warrior”
“Deadliest Warrior” Virtual Mobile Fan Scavenger Hunt For iPhone And iPads In Partnership With GoldRun At Comic-Con Kicking Off On Thursday, July 21
TNA Wrestlers Kurt Angle And Mickie James Confirmed For Autograph Signings At Spike TV Booth On Friday, July 22 And Saturday, July 23 At 1:00PM And 3:00PM At Booth #3945
Spike Games To Feature The New “Deadliest Warriors: Legends” Video Game And Host A Tournament At the Spike TV Booth From Thursday, July 21 Through Sunday, July 24
NEW YORK, July 13, 2011 – Spike TV is taking its hunt for the “Deadliest Warrior” to San Diego Comic-Con. The network announced today its plans for the “Deadliest Warrior – Vampires Vs. Zombies” panel on Thursday, July 21 from 10:00 – 11:00 AM, the launch of a new “Deadliest Warrior” augmented reality mobile app available on iPhones and iPads beginningThursday, July 21 and a hosted video game tournament at the Spike TV Booth for its new “Deadliest Warrior: Legends” game. During Comic-Con, Spike will also host an autograph signing with TNA wrestlers Kurt Angle and Mickie James on Friday, July 22 and Saturday, July 23at 1:00PM and 3:00PM, respectively, at Booth #3945.
- Thursday, July 21: “Deadliest Warrior – Vampires Vs. Zombies” panel (Room 25ABC) 10:00 -11:00AM – Panel FeaturesWES CRAVEN (“Scream,” “Nightmare on Elm Street”), MAX BROOKS (Zombie Survival Guide, World War Z), STEVE NILES(30 Days of Night), RICHARD “MACK” MACHOWICZ (“Deadliest Warrior” host), DR. ARMAND DORIAN (“Deadliest Warrior” host), RASHA DRACHKOVITCH (“Deadliest Warrior” executive producer), ROBERT DALY (“Deadliest Warrior”) and moderator GEOFF BOUCHER (LA Times writer, HeroComplex.com founder) Vampires and Zombies have terrorized and tantalized their way through pop culture for decades – from “Dracula” to the “Twilight Saga” to “Walking Dead.” SPIKE TV and its “DEADLIEST WARRIOR” franchise are going to finally answer the question – which of these mythical creatures would come out on top in a fight to the finish? “DEADLIEST WARRIOR” steps outside the confines of history for this groundbreaking fantasy episode destined to rouse heated debates amongst fans in the blogosphere for months. The special episode features an array of icons of film and fiction who are authorities on the topic. Through these expert interviews, scientific tests and careful analysis, it will be determined who would win in a battle to the death between these two iconic groups, Zombies and Vampires. The “DEADLIEST WARRIOR ” team of Richard “Mack” Machowicz, Dr. Armand Dorian, Rasha Drachkovitch, Robert Daly and special guests Wes Craven,Max Brooks and Steve Niles will be on hand for this special Comic-Con panel to make their case for who is, indeed, the fiercest. Acclaimed Los Angeles Times writer and HeroComplex.com founder Geoff Boucher will serve as moderator.
- Thursday, July 21: “Deadliest Warrior” Virtual Mobile Scavenger Hunt. Spike TV has partnered with GoldRun to allow Comic-Con attendees to interact with various augmented reality (AR) warriors. Throughout Comic-Con, attendees will get to enter the world of “Deadliest Warrior.” Fans will get to hunt and capture the series warriors during the “Deadliest Warrior” Scavenger Hunt. Users are encouraged to take a picture with the warriors and upload them to the Warrior’s Den Facebook page.
- “Faceoff” – Attendees to the Spike TV booth will get the opportunity to “Conquer Warriors” by striking a fighting pose with the AR character. A new warrior will be released each day (Joan Of Arc, George Washington and Ghengis Kahn). Designated iPads will stream the action to the booth’s monitors. Players will be prompted to upload these photos to their Facebook profiles as well as the Warrior’s Den Facebook page.
- “Warrior’s Wardrobe” – Through this portion of the application, participants at the Spike TV booth can becomeGeorge Washington or Ghengis Kahn by taking a picture of themselves with virtual props: George Washington’s wig and tricorn hat or Ghengis Kahn’s helmet. A slideshow of the best images rotate on the monitors at the Spike TV booth.
- “Vampires vs Zombies Face-off” – this component of the app allows Comic-Con attendees to take photos of zombies, vampires, floating body parts and animated blood at the “Deadliest Warrior” panel. Players can then present their pictures for exclusive giveaways at the Spike TV booth.
- Thursday, July 21 – Sunday, July 24 – “Deadliest Warrior: Legends” Video Game Tournament. Throughout Comic-Con, fans can swing by the Spike TV booth to play the recently launched “Deadliest Warrior” video game. Attendees can put their metal where their mouths are and battle the fiercest warriors in history with all new weapons, interactive environments, hand-to-hand combat and new finishing moves. Prizes include DVDs, t-shirts, posters and more.
- Friday, July 22 and Saturday, July 23 – TNA Wrestler Autograph Signing at Spike Booth #3945. Kurt Angle will sign autographs on Friday, July 22 at 1:00PM. Mickie James will sign autographs on Saturday, July 23 at 3:00PM.
“Deadliest Warrior” returns with 10 one-hour episodes on a new night with more unprecedented matchups, including the first female warrior and first fantasy matchup, beginning Wednesday, July 20 (10-11PM, ET/PT) on Spike TV.
“Deadliest Warrior” is produced by 44 Blue Productions, Inc. with Rasha Drachkovitch and Tim Warren serving as executive producers. Sharon Levy, Tim Duffy and Jeff Savaiano are Spike TV’s executives in charge of production.
Spike TV is available in 99.6 million homes and is a division of MTV Networks. A unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), MTV Networks is one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV’s Internet address is www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike TV’s press site at http://www.spike.com/press. Follow us on Twitter @spiketvpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.