Comments Off on Square Enix Reveals NYCC 2012 Plans Include Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, and Sleeping Dogs
Square Enix Unveils Plans for New York Comic Con 2012
Playable Demos of HITMAN: ABSOLUTION, TOMB RAIDER and New Sleeping Dogs DLC to Be Revealed
LOS ANGELES (Oct. 4, 2012) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced details of its presence at New York Comic Con (NYCC), taking place at booth 1802 at the Javits Center Thursday, October 11 through Sunday, October 14.
NYCC attendees will be able to go hands-on with the award-winning Square Enix lineup, including upcoming titles HITMAN®: ABSOLUTION™ and TOMB RAIDER®, as well as a first look at DLC for the recently released open-world cop drama Sleeping Dogs™:
• HITMAN: ABSOLUTION – In the last public showing before the game’s November 20 release, NYCC attendees will be able to play the demo at the Square Enix booth and meet the IO Interactive development team at a special panel featuring a live playthrough and Q&A:
- When: Saturday, October 13: 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Where: Room 1A10, Javits Center
- Who: Christian Elverdam (gameplay director, IO Interactive), Hakan Abrak (lead producer, IO Interactive)
• Sleeping Dogs – Fresh off its triumphant launch, the critically acclaimed open-world undercover cop drama will be playable on the show floor. The main attraction comes on Sunday when members of the United Front Games development team will reveal a brand-new content expansion for the game:
- When: Sunday, October 14: 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM
- Where: Room 1A23, Javits Center
- Who: Mike Skupa (lead designer, UFG), Dan Sochan (producer, UFG), Justin Bullard (cinematics producer, UFG), Lee Singleton (GM, Square Enix London Studios)
• TOMB RAIDER – In addition to being able to get hands-on time with the game, New York Comic Con attendees will have the opportunity to test their archery skills at the TOMB RAIDER Archery Experience. Each participant will let three arrows fly at their own individual TOMB RAIDER themed shooting target which they can then take as a memory of the event. Those lucky archers who hit a bull-eye will receive a limited edition TOMB RAIDER lithograph. The Archery Experience is being supervised by the New Jersey School of Archery.
- When: Thursday, October 11: 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Friday, October 12: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday, October 13: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM*
*first hour on Saturday reserved for TOMB RAIDER community and media guests
Sunday, October 14: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Where: North Pavilion Walkway NC 106, Javits Center
Also taking place during the convention will be a series of charity auctions, the proceeds of which will go to Child’s Play (www.childsplaycharity.org). Fan works, signed lithographs and original hand-drawn art by project leads have been gathered from Square Enix properties including Sleeping Dogs, DEUS EX®: Human Revolution™, HITMAN: ABSOLUTION and TOMB RAIDER to contribute to the cause. The auctions will run through Sunday, October 12. Visit the Child’s Play eBay store (supported through eBay Giving Works) to bid.
Along with the panels, Square Enix fans will have several opportunities to take home fun and unique items during the show. With contests, interactive activities and more, NYCC attendees will have multiple chances to win amazing prizes.
HITMAN: ABSOLUTION PHOTO SNIPING CONTEST
Upload your best photo sniping image to be entered for a chance to win a customHITMAN: ABSOLUTION console. Runners up will receive miniature figures of Agent 47, and HITMAN-themed ties and tie clips. Participants can upload their photo entries athitman.com/photosnipe or by the photo-sniping app on the HITMAN Facebook page.
Attendees can sign up to become a Square Enix Member for a chance to win prizes.
SQUARE ENIX LIVE BROADCAST
Square Enix Community Manager Robert Peeler will be live on location streaming directly from the Square Enix Booth at www.ustream.tv/squareenix.