Q&A Sessions With Chris Hemsworth, Bruce Campbell, Evening Parties, Meet-And-Greets, Screenings, Costume Contests Highlight Programming At Wizard World Sacramento Comic Con
WWE® Superstar Sheamus®, Julie Benz, Stan Lee, William Shatner, Other Celebrity Q&A’s, Comics Creator Sessions, ‘The 100′ TV Show Screening, Film Festival, Historical Discussions, ‘Kids Day’ Among Full Three Days Of Panels And Events
SACRAMENTO, Calif., February 25, 2014 – Question-and-answer sessions with top celebrities like Chris Hemsworth, Bruce Campbell, WWE® Superstar Sheamus®, Julie Benz and Stan Lee, meet-and-greets, adult and kids costume contests, a screening of the new CW series “The 100,” historical discussions on comics and video games, a film festival and an array of comics and pop culture themed panels comprise the robust featured programming schedule at Wizard World Sacramento Comic Con, March 7-9 at the Sacramento Convention Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission.
Some of the highlights of the schedule include:
- Interactive Q&A sessions with Hemsworth (Sun., 4 p.m.), Campbell (Sat., 5:45 p.m.), Sheamus (Fri., 6:45 p.m.), Benz (Sat., 11 a.m), Lee (Sat., 3 p.m.), William Shatner (Sat., 5 p.m.), Michael Rooker (Sun., 2:30 p.m.), Billy Dee Williams (Sat., 12:30 p.m.) and other celebrities
- Informative discussions with noted comics creators Chris Claremont (Fri., 5 p.m.), Michael Golden (Sun., 11:30 a.m.), Josef Rubinstein, Joe Weems and Danny Fingeroth (Sun., 12:30 p.m.) and more
- “Hollywood Confidential” with James Marsters, on how to break into the business (Sat., noon, paid event)
- Advanced screening of the new CW series “The 100”
- Evening parties on Friday (“Wizard World Creator Pro Am,” 9 p.m.); Saturday (“Wizard World Official Masquerade Party,” 10 p.m.)
- Costume contests for adults (Saturday, 7 p.m.) and kids (Sunday, 2:30 p.m.)
- Untold Stories From The Early Days Of Video Game Development (Fri., 6 p.m.)
- Wizard World Comic Con Film Festival, featuring selected shorts and music videos (Fri., Sat.)
- 1939: The Year That Changed Everything, discussion about that iconic year for the comics world
- Meet-and-greets with Lee (Sat, 10:30 a.m.) and Jason David Frank (Sat., noon; Sun., 11 a.m.), (paid events)
- Kids Day (Sunday), with an array of kids and family activities designed just for the younger set, highlighted by the Green Ranger Power Hour with Jason David Frank (2 p.m.)
- Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms at the Sacramento Convention Center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Sacramento Comic Con programming is below; further details on each at http://www.wizardworld.com/programming-sacramento.html (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change):
Friday, March 7
4:45-5:30pm Returning To Carl Sagan’s Cosmos (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
5:00 – 5:45pm Spotlight On Chris Claremont (Room 104)
5:00 – 8:00pm Wizard World Film Festival (Big Sur Room)
5:45 – 6:30pm Costumes + Playing = Cosplay! So What Does That Actually Mean? (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
6:00 – 6:45pm Untold Stories From The Early Days Of Video Game Development (Room 104)
6:45 – 7:30pm WWE® Superstar Sheamus® (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
7:00 – 7:45pm Cosplay Filmmaking 101 (Room 104)
9:00 – 11:00pm Creator Pro Am: Drink & Draw (Pizza Rock, 1020 K St, Sacramento, 21+)
Saturday, March 8
10:30 – 11:15am Stan Lee Meet And Greet – Paid Event (Room 201)
11:00 – 11:45am Create-A-Comics-Story With Chris Claremont And Jimmie Robinson (Room 103)
11:00 – 11:45am Sexuality In Cosplay (Room 104)
11:00 – 11:30am One-On-One With Julie Benz (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
11:45 – 12:15am One-On-One With Michael Rosenbaum (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
12:00 – 12:45pm The History Of Q-Bert (Room 103)
12:00 – 1:30pm Hollywood Confidential – Paid Event (Room 104)
12:00 – 12:45pm Jason David Frank Meet And Greet – Paid Event (Room 201)
12:30 – 1:00pm One-On-One With Billy Dee Williams (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
1:00 – 1:45pm Unleashing Creativity (Room 103)
1:15 – 1:45pm One-On-One With Jason David Frank: Power Ranger (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
2:00 – 2:45pm Figure Drawing For Popular Media (Room 103)
2:00 – 2:45pm 1939: The Year That Changed Everything (Batman Was Just The Beginning!) (Room 104)
2:00 – 2:45pm CW31 Presents An Advanced Screening Of “the 100” (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
2:00 – 5:00pm The Wizard World Film Festival (Big Sur Room)
3:00 – 3:45pm The Art Of Animation Production With Animator/Director Tom Cook (Room 103)
3:00 – 3:45pm Cosplay & Fanfilms (Room 104)
3:00 – 3:45pm One-On-One With Stan Lee (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
4:00 – 4:45pm TV & Film Production In Sacramento (Room 103)
4:00 – 4:45pm Will Eisner Week: Why Eisner Matters (Room 104)
4:00 – 4:45pm One-On-One With James Marsters (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
5:00 – 5:45pm The Ace Of Geeks: How Can We Stop Bullying At Conventions? (Room 103)
5:00 – 5:45pm Grimm Fairy Tales Animated (Room 104)
5:00 – 5:30pm One-On-One With William Shatner (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
5:45 – 6:30pm Bruce Campbell Versus The Audience (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
6:00 – 6:45pm The History Of Us Vs Them (Room 103)
6:00 – 6:45pm Super Hero Cinema: Sequels And Spin-Offs (Room 104)
7:00 – 7:45pm H.P. Lovecraft In Popular Culture (Room 104)
7:00 – 9:00pm Wizard World Costume Contest (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
10:00pm – Close Wizard World Official Masquerade Party (D30, 1022 K St, Sacramento) (Dress Code Enforced, 21+)
Sunday, March 9
11:00 – 11:45am Jason David Frank Meet And Greet – Paid Event (Room 201)
11:30am – 12:15pm Storytelling With Michael Golden (Room 103)
11:30am – 12:15pm Jumping Through The Looking Glass: Cosplay as Hobby and Lifestyle (Room 104)
11:45am – 12:15pm One-On-One With Ralph Macchio (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
12:30 – 1:15pm Inkers On Inking With Josef Rubinstein And Joe Weems (Room 103)
12:30 – 1:15pm Who Can Be A Geek? Anyone Who Wants To/Women In The Geek World (Room 104)
12:30 – 1:00pm One-On-One With James Hong (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
1:15 – 1:45pm One-On-Two With The Boondock Saints (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
1:30 – 2:15pm Battle For Multicultural Heroes (Room 103)
1:30 – 2:15pm Superstar Artists Roundtable With Humbero Ramos, Paolo Rivera, Jimmie Robinson and Eric Nguyen (Room 104)
2:00 – 3:00pm The Green Power Ranger Power Hour (Room 201)
2:00 – 2:30pm How To Survive A Killer Tv Show With Jon Bernthal (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
2:30 – 3:15pm Wizard World Kids Costume Contest (Room 104)
2:30 – 3:00pm Michael Rooker Vs The Audience (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
4:00 – 4:45pm One-On-One With Chris Hemsworth (Big Bang Ballroom/Room 203)
Seating for panels is strictly limited and available on a first served basis. We do not clear panel rooms unless you are seated in a section that is marked with a sign at the end of the row reading: ROW WILL BE CLEARED AT THE END OF EACH PANEL
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Wizard World Sacramento Comic Con show hours are Friday, March 7, 3-8 p.m.; Saturday, March 8, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Sunday, March 9, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
A first-class lineup of topical programming takes place all three days at the event, with celebrity Q&A’s, comics-themed sessions, costume contest, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Sunday, March 9, is also Kids Day, with an array of activities and programming specially designed for the younger Wizard World fans.
Sacramento Comic Con is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor, often stopping by the Cosplay Stage, the ideal place to see and be seen.
For more on the 2014 Wizard World Sacramento Comic Con, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/home-sacramento.html.
About Wizard World:
Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.
The full event schedule can be found at www.wizardworld.com.
Wizard World 2014-15 Schedule
March 7-9 – Wizard World Sacramento Comic Con
March 28-30 – Wizard World Louisville Comic Con
April 4-6 – Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con
May 2-4 – Wizard World Minneapolis Comic Con
May 30-June 1 – Wizard World Atlanta Comic Con
June 19-22 – Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con
August 1-3 – Wizard World San Antonio Comic Con
August 21-24 – Wizard World Chicago Comic Con
September 12-14 – Wizard World Richmond Comic Con
September 26-28 – Wizard World Nashville Comic Con
October 2-4 – Wizard World Austin Comic Con
October 31-November 2 – Wizard World Ohio Comic Con
November 7-9 – Wizard World Tulsa Comic Con
November 21-23 – Wizard World Reno Comic Con
January 9-11, 2015 – Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con
January 23-25, 2015 – Wizard World Portland Comic Con
2013 San Diego Comic-Con Events, Panels & Products
The Con is (almost) on, and this year we’ve got some pretty impressive events scheduled! To help you plan your moves at SDCC, check out this rundown of where to be and when. And when you’re ready for a break, don’t forget to snag a few treats for yourself from the selection of toys we’ll have available.
Thursday July 18, 10am – 11am Room 25ABC
Mattel Presents: How Toys Are Made
Join the Mattel Entertainment Brands Design Team for a journey through the history and evolution of Mattel action figures. From our earliest offerings through our latest brand launch of Max Steel®, we will take you through the last 35 years of our action figure portfolio, highlighting the significant advances and design innovations of our brands throughout the years. We also will have a Q+A with a panel of premier Mattel action figure designers and historians representing WWE®, MOTU, DCU, Max Steel®,Man of Steel™ and Batman™ that will take on any and all questions about our many action figure brands.
Thursday July 18, 1pm – 2pm Room 25ABC
Mattel and WWE®: Bring on the Action!
Here’s your chance to attend Miz TV with special guest Dolph Ziggler! The Miz will host as Mattel toy designer Bill Miekina and marketing manager Mitchell Camerondiscuss the latest in WWE® action figure news and give sneak peeks at upcoming product. You never know what surprises are in store! See you there!
Friday July 19, 11am – 12pm Room 25ABC
Mattel Presents: Mattypalooza 2013!
It’s that time again! Join us for the toy panel to beat all toy panels – Mattypalooza! Celebrating our 5th year at SDCC, come get the inside scoop on your favorite collectables from Mattel: Masters of the Universe® Classics, DC Comics™ Signature Series, Watchmen™, Ghostbusters™ and more! Plus as a special bonus attendees will have the opportunity to vote on an upcoming MOTUC monthly figure: Huntara vs. Lord Masque – you decide who gets made! Be there for a major announcement as Mattel partners with one of the biggest names in pop culture to bring you exciting new collectables you will have to see to believe! The panel will also include an insightful Q & A with Mattel toy designers, Mattel Marketing Manager Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlichand special guests The Four Horsemen. It’s the place to be for the world premiere of tons of new toys and collectibles! If you go to one Toy Panel at SDCC, make it Mattypalooza!
Friday July 19, 3pm – 4pm Room 25ABC
Mattel and DC Comics – A Celebration for Collectors of All Ages!
For fans of all ages, from kids to seasoned collectors, you won’t want to miss the exciting news, reveals, giveaways, and even the trivia game that this panel has to offer! Ruben Martinez and Bill Benecke (Mattel toy designers), Jessica Sikca andDanielle McLachlan (Mattel marketing team), Julian Montoya (VP, Warner Bros. Consumer Products), Kevin Kiniry (VP, Creative Services DC Entertainment), a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) team, members ofThe Four Horsemen Toy Design Studios, and other special guests will celebrate the BATMAN™ Classic TV Series and MAN OF STEEL™ product lines, announce ALL NEW product lines, reveal upcoming products, and give you a few special sneak peeks from the DC Comics™ and Batman™ toy lines. There will be a Q&A, a trivia game that you won’t want to miss and an exciting toy giveaway for everyone who attends! Join us for this celebration for collectors of all ages. TM & © DC Comics. (s13)
Saturday July 20, 11am – 12pm Room 25ABC
Mattel Presents: Monster High™ 2013: Where SCREAMS come true!
Celebrate the freaky fabulous year of 13 with the Monster High™ Team!
Get a freak peek at exclusive scenes from the newest Monster High™ DVD, 13 Wishes (this fall from Universal Studios Home Entertainment). The freaky talented Monster High™ voice actors, including: Erin Fitzgerald (voice of Abbey Bominable™, Spectra Vongergeist™, Scarah Screams™ & Rochelle Goyle™), Debi Derryberry(voice of Draculaura™) and America Young (voice of Howleen Wolf™& Toralei Stripe™) will discuss the making of the ghouls’ latest adventure. Moderated by Emmy-Award winning Executive Producer of Monster High™, Audu Paden.
But that’s not all… our Monster High® team is just DYING to share more secrets lurking the halls of Monster High®! Garrett Sander, Rebecca Shipman, Natalie Villegas and Javier Meabe (Monster High® Toy Designers), Roy Juarez (Monster High® Packaging Designer) and Eric Hardie (Monster High® Copywriter) will reveal uhhh-mazing new Monster High® ghouls and how they came to un-life!
Sunday, July 21, 12pm – 1pm Room 7AB
Mattel Presents: Max Steel®: Rise of Elementor World Premiere Screening!
Be the FIRST to see Max and Steel team up to take on their biggest threat yet in Rise of Elementor. You will get to watch this exciting 2-part broadcast event for Max Steel® before it airs on Disney XD this fall! Will our heroes be able to defend Copper Canyon and rescue Ferrus™ from the evil Dredd™? Join us to find out, and receive a free toy giveaway!
Mattel Booth Events
All events take place at Mattel Booth #3029 unless noted.
- Thursday 7/18 10am – 12pm Autographs with Dirk Benedict. Meet Starbuck from the original “Battlestar Galactica” and Faceman from “The A-Team!”
- Thursday 7/18 1:30pm – 2:30pm MOTU Mini-Comic Signing Meet the creative team behind the 2013 MOTUC mini-comics and get your toys and comics signed! Free mini comic to the first 100 people in line. First come, first served.
- Thursday 7/18 3pm – 4pm WWE® Autograph Session. Come get your brawl on with WWE® Superstars The Miz and Dolph Ziggler. Stop by at 9:30am to get tickets, first come, first served.
- Thursday 7/18 5pm – 6:30pm Monster High® Talent Signing. Meet the “brains” behind Monster High® creative and entertainment teams and get your toys, comics and collectable cards signed! Stop by at 9:30am to get tickets – first come, first served.
- Friday 7/19 10am – 10:30am BATMAN™ Classic TV Series Product Raffle. BIF! BAM! KAPOW! If you’re a fan of the BATMAN™ Classic TV Series line, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to win free products!
- Friday 7/19 11am – 12pm WWE® Autograph Session. Bring on the action! Rey Mysterio, Mick Foley and Daniel Bryan will be on hand for autographs. Stop by at 9:30am to get tickets, first come, first served.
- Friday 7/19 12:30pm – 1pm Four Horsemen Autograph Signing. Come meet the fantastic sculptors of our flagship MOTU and DC 6” lines. They will be happy to sign any item you bring.
- Friday 7/19 2pm – 3pm Madison Beer Signing. Meet Madison Beer, the creepy cool singer of the new Monster High® song, “We are Monster High!” Meet Madison as she kicks off the green screen video event. First come, first served.
- Friday 7/19 2pm – 6pm Monster High® Green Screen Video Booth Event. Be a part of Monster High® through green screen technology, and enter for a chance to have your freaky fab moves in the next Monster High® music video! Show your school pride by singing and dancing your “guts” out to the new rally song, “We are Monster High!”
- Saturday 7/20 11am – 12pm WWE® Autograph Session. Come battle with the best! Sheamus and Ryback will be on hand for autographs. Stop by at 9:30am to get tickets, first come, first served.
- Saturday 7/20 12:30pm – 1:15pm Toy Hunter Autograph Session. Come meet Jordan Hembrough, the star of “Toy Hunter,” and take a look at some great vintage toys he’s found while traveling the country.
- Saturday 7/20 2pm – 6pm Monster High® Green Screen Video Booth Event.Be a part of Monster High® through green screen technology, and enter for a chance to have your freaky fab moves in the next Monster High™ music video! Show your school pride by singing and dancing your “guts” out to the new rally song, “We are Monster High.”
- Sunday 7/21 10am – 12pm Monster High® Talent Signing. Meet the “brains” behind Monster High creative and entertainment teams… and get your toys, comics and collectable cards signed!
- Sunday 7/21 2pm – 4pm Max Steel® Turbo Battlers™ Tournament. Test your turbo energy by battling and competing to be the clear winner of the Max Steel® Turbo Battlers™ Tournament. Please stop by prior to obtain your battle time!
In between attending all those events, don’t forget to pick up these awesome Mattel products:
- Masters of the Universe® Classics Mini He-Man® & Skeletor® Figures (Available for purchase at the show, then at MattyCollector.com on August 5, 2013.)
- Masters of the Universe® Classics Rokkon™ & Stonedar™ (Available for purchase at the show, then at MattyCollector.com on August 5, 2013.)
- DC Man of Steel™ Movie Masters® Superman™ vs. General Zod Movie Pack (Available for purchase at the show, then at MattyCollector.com on August 5, 2013.)
- DCU Club Infinite Earths “Shazam!” New 52 (Available for purchase at the show, then at MattyCollector.com on August 5, 2013.)
- Back to the Future™ Hover Board
- BATMAN™ Classic TV Series Batman™ Batusi Batman™ (Available for purchase at the show, then at MattyCollector.com on August 5, 2013.)
- Catwoman Barbie® Doll
- Hot Wheels® Atari® Beach Bomb™ Pickup
- Hot Wheels® A-Team™ Custom GMC® Panel Van
- Hot Wheels® Battlestar Galactica Cylon Raider
- Hot Wheels® Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper Mark II
- Monster High® Webarella™ Doll