Florida Supercon is the LARGEST Comic Con in Miami. Supercon takes place JULY 1-4, 2016 at THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER and FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER!
Find the best in Comic Books, Media Guests, Anime, Animation, Video Games, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Pop Culture in South Florida. Florida Supercon is 4 days of fun featuring celebrity guests, comic book creators, voice actors, industry guests, cosplayers, artists, writers, panels, Q&A’s, films & shorts, costume & cosplay contests, vendors, parties, anime, workshops, video gaming and more!
Some of the highlights for Florida Supercon 2016 include:
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Celebration: William Shatner “Captain Kirk”, Walter Koenig “Pavel Chekov”, Michael Dorn “Worf”, Denise Crosby “Tasha Yar”, Robert Picardo “The Doctor”, René Auberjonois “Odo”, Robert Duncan McNeill “Tom Paris”, David Warner “Chancellor Gorkon & St. John Talbot”, Chase Masterson “Leeta the Bajoran”, and Star Trek: The Motion Picture Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow star: Casper Crump “Vandal Savage”.
- FOX’S Gotham star: Ben McKenzie “Jim Gordon”.
- Doctor Who star: Alex Kingston “River Song.”
- The Walking Dead Cast Members: Michael Cudlitz “Abraham Ford”, and Denise Crosby “Mary”.
- Star Wars Cast Members: Jeremy Bulloch “Boba Fett”, Tim Rose “Admiral Ackbar”, Jessica Henwick “Jessika Pava”, Chris Parsons “4-Lom”, and Star Wars: A New Hope special effects co-ordinator Bruce Logan.
- First Time Ever TRON Reunion: Bruce Boxleitner “TRON”, David Warner “Sark”, Cindy Morgan “Yori”, and TRON Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- Game of Thrones cast members: Natalia Tena “Osha” and Jessica Henwick “Nymeria Sand”.
- Harry Potter stars: Natalia Tena “Tonks”, and Devon Murray “Seamus Finnigan”.
- Sesame Street cast members: Emilio Delgado “Luis” and Bob McGrath “Bob Johnson”.
- Steven Universe stars: Zach Callison “Steven”, Michaela Dietz “Amethyst”, and Grace Rolek “Connie”.
- Wrestling Superstars: Mick Foley, Diamond Dallas Page, Mickie James, The Godfather, Road Warrior Animal, and Demolition.
- Pokémon 20th Anniversary Celebration: Veronica Taylor “Ash Ketchum”, Michael Liscio Jr. “Clemont and Inkay”, Tara Sands “Bulbasaur, Richie, Sammy, Oddish and Jasmine”, Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld “Bonnie, Nurse Joy, Jasmine and Audino”, and Haven Paschall “Serena, Concordia, and Ellie”.
- Anime Stars: Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, Ouran High School Host Club), Caitlin Glass (Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Ouran High School), Steve Blum (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo), Trina Nishimura (Attack on Titan, Witchblade, Claymore), and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Ghost In The Shell, Sailor Moon).
- Animation Stars: Tara Strong (Teen Titans Go), Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies), Jim Cummings (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck), Larry Kenney (Thundercats, Count Chocula), Charles Martinet (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Toadsworth, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi for Nintendo), Steve Blum (Transformers: Prime, Wolverine and the X-Men, Legend of Korra), and Andy Sipes (Triptank, Code Monkeys, and Archer).
- Dozens of Comic Book Artists and Writers: Keith Giffen, Greg Capullo, Fabian Nicieza, Joe Keatinge, Leila del Duca, Neal Adams, José Luis Garcia-Lopez, Jorge Molina, Ramón Pérez, Jill Thompson, Colleen Doran, Scott Kolins, Allen Bellman, Scott Hepburn, Trevor Von Eeden, Elliot S! Maggin, Brad Walker, Khary Randolph, John Beatty, Shawn Crystal, Brent Schoonover, Cory Smith, Tony Bedard, Mateus Santolouco, Tony Bedard, Jose Delbo, Greg Horn, Andy Kuhn, and many more!
- Power Ranger Cast Members: Austin St. John, Christopher Khayman Lee, Steve Cardenas, and Dan Southworth.
- More celebrities including: Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Children’s Hospital, The Waterboy), Kel Mitchell (Kenan & Kel, Good Burger, Mystery Men), Lisa Corrao (Every Witch Way), and many more to be announced!
- Multiple costume and cosplay events each day of the show, with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes on the line!
- Over 500,000 square feet of convention space featuring 700 booths and tables with vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers, and exhibits. 3 stages of entertainment, video games, plus a dozen rooms for panels, tabletop gaming and screenings.
Click here to get tickets.
FSC is JULY 1-4, 2016
THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER & FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER
1901 Convention Center Dr. • Miami Beach, FL 33139 • 305.673.7311
SUPERCON PHONE: 954.399.1330 firstname.lastname@example.org
December 23, 2015 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, Comic Books, Comic Strips, Convention News, Horror, Movies, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Television, Top Stories, Video Games, Washington, Webcomics
Emerald City ComiCon announces MELISSA BENOIST and CHYLER LEIGH, the stars of SUPERGIRL, will be guests at the convention on Saturday April 9th and Sunday April 10th!
Melissa Benoist is an American actress and singer, known for her portrayal of “Marley Rose” on Glee and as Nicole from the acclaimed feature film Whiplash. She currently plays the title role on the breakout hit Supergirl.
Chyler Leigh is an actress best known for her role on the Seattle-based medical drama Grey’s Anatomy. Previously she appeared as a series regular on television shows including The Practice, Girls Club, That 80’s Show, and Reunion. Chyler made her feature film debut alongside Chris Evans in the 2001 spoof Not Another Teen Movie. She currently stars on Supergirl as Alex Danvers, a DEO agent and adopted sister of Supergirl.
Previously announced celebrity guests include:
Christy Carlson Romano (KIM POSSIBLE, EVEN STEVENS), Dameon Clarke (DRAGON BALL Z, BORDERLANDS 2), Danielle Panabaker (THE FLASH, JUSTIFIED), Dante Basco (HOOK, AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER), David Anders (IZOMBIE, ONCE UPON A TIME), Jenna Coleman (DOCTOR WHO, LEGO DIMENSIONS), Lana Parrilla (ONCE UPON A TIME, 24), Nathan Fillion (FIREFLY, CASTLE), Robbie Amell (THE FLASH, X-FILES), Rose McIver (IZOMBIE, ONCE UPON A TIME), Sean Maguire (ONCE UPON A TIME, SCOTT & BAILEY), Will Friedle (BATMAN BEYOND, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, BOY MEETS WORLD)
Comic guests include:
Aaron Conley (SABERTOOTH SWORDSMAN), Aaron Kuder (ACTION COMICS), Adam Gorham (DEAD DROP), Alé Garza (GET JIRO: BLOOD & SUSHI), Alex de Campi (NO MERCY), Amy Chu (POISON IVY), Babs Tarr (BATGIRL), Chad Hardin (HARLEY QUINN), Chris Burnham (BATMAN INC.), Chris Mooneyham (FIVE GHOSTS), Chris Moreno (ZOMBIE DICKHEADS ), Clay Mann (POISON IVY), Dan Parent (KEVIN KELLER), Daniel Warren Johnson (THE GHOST FLEET), Dice Tsutsumi (ICE AGE), Dustin Nguyen (DESCENDER), Ed Brisson (SHELTERED), Emi Lenox (PLUTONA), Evan ‘Doc’ Shaner (GREEN LANTERN), Faith Erin Hicks (THE NAMELESS CITY), Fiona Staples (SAGA), Jake Wyatt (MS. MARVEL), Jason Howard (TREES), Jim Mahfood (EVERYBODY LOVES TANK GIRL), Joe Keatinge (SHUTTER), Kevin Wada (CATWOMAN), Kris Anka (CAPTAIN MARVEL), Leila del Duca (SHUTTER), Liz Prince (WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME IF I WET THE BED?), Marguerite Bennett (A-FORCE), Matthew Southworth (STUMPTOWN), Mitch Gerads (THE SHERIFF OF BABYLON), Nick Pitarra (THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS), Noelle Stevenson (NIMONA), Philip Tan (GREEN LANTERN), Raina Telgemeier (SISTERS), Sean Gordon Murphy (TOKYO GHOST), Shawn Crystal (ARKHAM MANOR), Terry Moore (RACHEL RISING) and many more!
Emerald City Comicon (ECCC) is the premier comic book & pop culture convention in the Pacific Northwest. Join us April 7-10, 2016. For tickets and more information please go to the website: www.emeraldcitycomicon.com
Writer Joshua Williamson (Birthright, Nailbiter) and artist Shawn Crystal (Arkham Manor) appear at Third Eye Comics on Saturday, November 21, 2015 from 11:00am – 1:00pm to sign the all-new, all-different ILLUMINATI #1!
Third Eye Comics
2027-A West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
New York Comic Con hosts their Fifth Annual Charity Art Auction to benefit the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital on Saturday, October 10th at 7:00 PM in Room 1A18! For more details and to see a preview of the art, click here…
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering research and treatment of children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. Included in that vision is that no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family’s ability to pay.
The auctioneer for the charity event will be Steve Borock! Steve is the president of CBCS (Comic Book Certification Service), an expert, impartial third party grading service; He also serves on the board of the Hero Initiative, a charity helping comic book creators in financial need. He believes in charity for all in need and is proud to help St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital with our original art auction!
Your participation in this event will help support lifesaving research and treatment for the children of St. Jude. Come down and bid with other art enthusiasts for the chance to own a piece of original art from some of your favorite creators, all for a good cause!
Over 100 creators attending NYCC 2015 are generously donating original art for the auction including: Rafael Albuquerque, Jason Shawn Alexander, Jay Anacleto, Mahmud Asrar, Robert Atkins, Raymund Bermudez, Scott Blair, Geraldo Borges, Russ Braun, Mark Brooks, Garry Brown, Jim Calafiore, Ben Caldwell, Eric Canete, Kate Carleton, Elena Casagrande, Jim Cheung, Olivier Coipel, Will Conrad, Ace Continuado, Katie Cook, Joe Corroney, Shawn Crystal, Geof Darrow, Shane Davis, Jeff Dekal, Michelle Delecki, Guy Dorian, Mark Dos Santos, Michael Locoduck Duron, Jan Duursema, Josh Dykstra, Gary Erskine, Elliot Fernandez, Tony Fleecs, Matthew Fletcher, Franco, Agnes Garbowska, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Jerry TheFranchize Gaylord, Penelope Peng-Peng Gaylord, Juan Gedeon, Mitch Gerads, Daniel Govar, Adi Granov, Dijana Granov, Keron Grant, Sanford Greene, Andre Griffith, Karen Hallion, Chris Hamer, Cully Hamner, Gabriel Hardman, James Harren, Daniel HDR, Greg Horn, Adam Hughes, Rebekah Isaacs, Christopher Ivy, Klaus Janson, Arielle Jovellanos, Tyler Kirkham, Brian Kong, Tony KO! Kordos, Aaron Kuder, Peter Kuper, Ken Lashley, Stanley Artgerm Lau, Stacey Lee, John Paul Leon, David Lloyd, Ant Lucia, Jessica Lynn, Andy MacDonald, David Mack, Jim Mahfood, Alex Maleev, Clay Mann, Ed McGuinness, Mike McKone, Scoot McMahon, Amy Mebberson, David Messina, Jason Metcalf, Chris Mooneyham, Terry Moore, Mark Morales, Todd Nauck, NEN, Dustin Nguyen, Jerome Opena, David Petersen, Whitney Pollett, Whilce Portacio, Joe Prado, Andy Price, Livio Ramondelli, Khary Randolph, Tom Raney, Amy Reeder, Ivan Reis, Rod Reis, Sara Richard, Tom Richmond, Eduardo Risso, Robson Rocha, Robbi Rodriguez, Mike Rooth, Riley Rossmo, Fernando Ruiz, Tim Sale, Alex Saviuk, Matteo Scalera, Valerio Schiti, Tim Seeley, Sajad Shah, Declan Shalvey, Thony Silas, James Silvani, Walt Simonson, Cory Smith, Allison Sohn, Joe Staton, Janet Sung, Andre Szymanowicz, Breno Tamura, Des Taylor, Ben Templesmith, Jim Terry, Mark Texeira, Billy Tucci, Bryan Flash Turner, Christopher Uminga, Kevin Wada, Lee Weeks, Annie Wu, David Yardin, Sasha Yossilini, Thomas Zahler, Chrissie Zullo.
Comments Off on NC – Free Comic Book Day 2014
Brian Stelfreeze, Jeremy Dale, Jason Latour, Andy Runton, and many more appear at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find on Saturday May 3, 2014 for Free Comic Book Day!
Free Comic Book Day 2014 at Heroes is going to be our best yet! Come out on May 3rd to meet great comic artists, get free comics and have a great time with your pals at Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find! Check out our awesome guest list below and please save the date!
Creators will be signing from 1PM to 5PM (or longer at the creators’ discretion)
NATALIE ANDREWSON – Artist: Mamuna, Meanwhile
CHRIS BRUNNER – Artist: Loose Ends, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, The Ride
SHAWN CRYSTAL – Artist: Deadpool, Fantomex, Archer & Armstrong
JEREMY DALE – Writer/Artist: Skyward
SANFORD GREENE – Artist: Rotten Apple, Deadpool, Wonder Girl, Methodman GN
JOHN HAIRSTON JR – Painter
JASON LATOUR – Writer: Wolverine & The X-Men, Winter Soldier, Loose Ends Artist: Southern Bastards, B.P.R.D., Django Unchained
JACKIE LEWIS – Artist: Play Ball
JAY POTTS – Writer/Artist: World of Hurt, Atomech
BUDD ROOT – Writer/Artist: Cavewoman
ANDY RUNTON – Writer/Artist: Owly
HOYT SILVA – Artist: Quatermain: Ghosts of the Nzadi
BRIAN STELFREEZE – Artist: Day Men, Domino, Matador, Batman: Shadow of the Bat
NOTE: Free sketches are at the discretion of the artists, and are not guaranteed.
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find
1957 E. 7th Street, Charlotte, NC 28204
Comments Off on Marvel Announces Signing and Booth Schedules for NYCC 2012
NYCC 2012: Signing & Booth Schedule
Find out about the awesome events at the Marvel booth and who will be there!
Get excited, True Believers! Marvel returns to New York Comic Con, along with the hottest creators in the industry! For four days at the Marvel Booth (#1838), fans will be able to enjoy tons of events, signings, and awesome on-stage events that will make New York Comic Con 2012 truly memorable! Be sure to stop by the Marvel Booth (#1838) for your chance to get in on the exclusive Marvel fun!
The Marvel Booth (#1838) is your one-stop shop for excitement, entertainment, and prizes at the convention! Tons of great giveaways, costume contests, live games shows, and exclusive Marvel video game demos await you!
And that’s not all because, we have an all-star cast of your favorite Marvel creators who will be at the booth signing all weekend long! Swing by and visit Marvel icons including none other than Dan Slott, Jeph Loeb, Kieron Gillen, Greg Pak, and many, many more!
Can’t make it to the convention? Follow along on the Marvel Events App & events.marvel.com, the best way to get exclusive videos, real-time announcements from the convention floor and up-to-the-minute panel, in-booth, and signing schedules of all your favorite Marvel creators!
- CHRIS BRUNNER – Co-creator and artist on Loose Ends, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Covers for Static Shock, Boondock Saints, & NOLA
- SHAWN CRYSTAL – Artist on Deadpool, Deadpool Max, & Deadpool Team-Up
- FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA – Creator of The Black Beetle, Artist on Captain America & Bucky, Detective Comics, Black Panther, & cover artist for pretty much every other comic book
- SANFORD GREENE – Creator of Rotten Apple, Artist on Deadpool, Wonder Girl, Methodman GN
- CULLY HAMNER – Co-creator of Red, Artist on The Question, Detective Comics, Black Lightning, Blue Beetle
- JASON LATOUR – Co-creator of Loose Ends, Artist on BPRD: Pickens County Horror, Noche Roja, Scalped, Daredevil: Black & White
- JACKIE LEWIS – Artist on Play Ball
- KEVIN MELLON – Artist on Heart, Lovestruck, S.H.I.E.L.D.
- JAY POTTS – Creator of World of Hurt
- BUDD ROOT – Creator of Cavewoman
- BRIDGIT SCHEIDE – Creator of Brother Nash
- BRIAN STELFREEZE – Artist on Wednesday Comics, The Ride, Gun Candy, & a ton of Batman: Shadow of the Bat covers
- SKETCH CHARLOTTE – Several artists from this local sketch group will be on hand! Sketch Charlotte meets every Thursday at 6:30pm at Showmars on 7th and Pecan.
Wow! NOTE that free sketches are at the discretion of the artists, and are not guaranteed.
Heroes Aren’t Hard To Find
1957 E. 7th St, Charlotte, NC 28204
|nashville comic and horror festival|
|Convention Website Address|
|This convention will take place:|
|About This Convention|
|largest gathering of walking dead cast ever! plus more guest than ever before. comics, toys, star wars, sports cards, anime, dvds and much more!|
|Venue Name and Address|
|tn state fairgrounds
nashville, tn 37203
|Number of Dealer/Exhibitor Tables|
|Please select the Category that best describes the convention|
|Brian Pulido, Shawn Crystal, Jason Craig, Jeff Blake, Mitch Brietwiseter, RD Hall and more|
“Walking Dead” Preview, Exclusive “Family Guy” Video, Celebrity Q&A’s Highlight Atlanta Comic Con Programming
Henry Winkler, Pam Grier, Mimi Rogers, Adam West, Burt Ward Among Stars Conducting Panels; Movie Screenings And Debut Of Coolwaters Game Show Also On Tap This Weekend
ATLANTA, November 30, 2010 – Wizard World Atlanta Comic Con today announced its rich, diverse programming schedule, featuring exclusive TV and movie previews and screenings, unique celebrity Q&A’s, movie screenings, game shows, artist schools and more for the event, set for Saturday and Sunday at the Cobb Galleria Centre.
Some of the highlights include:
* Preview of the hot new AMC series “The Walking Dead,” including a Q&A with several of the stars featured in this week’s issue of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY (Sunday, 2 p.m.)
* Exclusive extended nine-minute preview of “It’s A Trap,” the third installment of the “Family Guy Star Wars Saga” video, introduced by Billy Dee Williams, who will also conduct a Q&A panel (Saturday, noon)
* Rare Q&A panels with Henry Winkler, Pam Grier and Mimi Rogers, as well as popular Comic Con guests Ernie Hudson, Adam West and Burt Ward
* New Trivia Game Show hosted by Coolwaters Productions’ Derek Maki and starring Tom Woodruff Jr., Robert Maillet and Mike Grell (Saturday, 2:30 p.m.)
* Screenings of three full feature films: HYSTERICAL PSYCHO, RARE EXPORTS: A CHRISTMAS TALE and THE LAST LOVECRAFT: RELIC OF CTHULHU
* Wizard Art School and Q&A’s featuring leading artists like Greg Horn, Bill Sinkiewicz, Ethan Van Sciver, Cully Hamner, Michael Golden and others
* The popular adult costume contest and fun kids costume contest with great prizes
Atlanta Comic Con programming will take place in Room 103 and Room 104 of the Cobb Galleria Centre, and is included with admission to the event. Seating for panels is strictly limited and available on a first come first serve basis and each room will be cleared between panels. The full schedule is below:
ROOM 103 Wizard Art School w/ Michael Golden
No matter if you are a writer, artist, or a reader of comics, come for this sit down with one of the most renowned storytellers in the business, Michael Golden, as he tells you a few tricks of the trade that will help you no matter what type of story you tell or enjoy in whatever medium. Rare opportunity to talk with the co-creator of Rogue, and groundbreaking penciler on such projects as “Bucky O’Hare,” “The ‘Nam,” “Micronauts,” “G.I. Joe,” and much more. Q & A will follow.
ROOM 103 Billy Dee Williams Q&A with Family Guy Exclusive Screening
Lando lands at Atlanta Comic Con, as the coolest man in Star Wars history sits down to take fan questions. Following the Q&A, stay around for an exclusive nine-minute look at “It’s a Trap” the “Return of the Jedi” of the “Family Guy Star Wars Saga”—following in the fine tradition of “Blue Harvest” and “Something, Something, something Darkside.” “It’s a Trap” features Peter Solo, Chris Skywalker, Princess Lois, Stewie Vader…and some surprising new faces. Family Guy star Adam West will also be there to introduce this Atlanta Comic Con exclusive.
“It’s a Trap,” is available on DVD and Blu-ray December 21st!
ROOM 104 Jolly Rogers Artist Panel w/ Tony Harris and Tony Shasteen
The Jolly Roger Studio team lands on the Wizard World Tour for a talk about art in the modern age of comics, the digital vs. traditional movement and why the studio system works for them.
ROOM 103 Pam Grier Q&A
Film and television star, Pam Grier (Smallville, Jackie Brown) leaps into Atlanta Comic Con to answer fan questions about her role as DC Comics’ Amanda Waller and working with Quentin Tarantino.
ROOM 104 Superstars of Wrestling w/ Nash and Lita
Kevin Nash and Lita pile drive and bodyslam your questions into the mat on a Saturday afternoon.
ROOM 103 Coolwaters Productions Game Show
Do you know a lot of movie and comic trivia? Want to win some great signed prizes? Join Coolwaters Productions LLC and a panel of celebrity guests for this cool new game show style event. Come watch 4 celebrities team up with various audience members to play fun games and win cool prizes. Sign up at the Coolwaters booth # 212 or line up at 2:00 PM at Panel Room 103 to become a contestant on Atlanta Comic Con’s new game show!
ROOM 103 Henry Winkler Q&A
The television icon from “Happy Days” and “Arrested Development” looks back on his stellar career and reveals the secret behind the scenes stories from his years on set.
ROOM 104 Artist Panel w/ Cully Hamner, Brian Stelfreze, Laura Martin and Carl Story
Comic book heavy weights Cully Hamner (Red), Brian Stelfreze (Wednesday Comics), Laura Martin (Astonishing X-Men) and Carl Story (Tom Strong) sit down with fans to discuss their upcoming work, tips for breaking into comics and working in the modern age of comics.
ROOM 103 Batman and Robin Q&A
The original ’60s Dynamic Duo reteams for this one-of-a-kind Q&A, where Batman and Robin drop their masks and talk about their lady co-stars, the villains they faced and the wild nights after the show!
4:45 p.m. – 4:55 p.m.
“The Rite” trailer screening. After Adam West and Burt Ward stick around for a look at this highly anticipated Anthony Hopkins film.
ROOM 103 MLARKY web-based comedy series clips w/ Dan Fogler
MLARKY is a web-based comedy series created by and co-starring Dan Fogler that airs on Atom.com. It’s a parody of both cop shows and video games, and much of the talent is Atlanta-based. Come check it out in this exclusive setting.
ROOM 104 Artist Q&A w/ Joe Linsner
Fan favorite artist Joe Linsner is known for his striking visuals, but in this panel he opens up about his art process, his favorite characters and answers all fans questions.
ROOM 103 Hysterical Psycho Screening w/ Dan Fogler
HYSTERICAL PSYCHO is Dan Fogler’s feature directing debut, which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2009. It is due for DVD release in early 2011, but you can get an early look here.
ROOM 104 Adult Costume Contest
Get your best costume together and come on down to Wizard’s Atlanta Comic Con’s costume contest for huge prizes and some of the craziest outfits you’ll see this weekend.
ROOM 103 Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale Screening
This funny and weird Norwegian fantasy about how Santa Claus is actually an evil demon about to be released from his tomb on Christmas Eve, and only one little boy can stop him. Opening theatrically in NYC/LA on Dec. 3, then due to open in Atlanta in late December, your first look at this project happens at Atlanta Comic Con.
ROOM 103 The Last Lovecraft: Relic of Cthulhu Screening
SHAUN OF THE DEAD meets H.P. LOVECRAFT, as the last surviving decedent of H.P. Lovecraft learns that all of Lovecraft’s writings were true and that he’s the only person who can save the world. The film premiered at Slamdance in January and has been playing the festival circuit ever since. It is due for a February DVD release from Dark Sky Films, but you can see it here in Atlanta first.
ROOM 103 Shawn Crystal and SCAD Q&A
Black and White Design and Composition for comics: Over the last century, stories of all mediums have tapped into the dynamic visual quality of “heavy blacks.” This workshop will focus on how to control the use of black and white shapes to create dynamic compositions, intriguing character designs, dramatic lighting effects, and complex staging. This will be a lecture-based workshop, filled with visual examples from the mediums masters of black and white comics. If you like Sin City, Hellboy, or 100 Bullets, this is the workshop for you! This workshop will be lead by Shawn Crystal, a Marvel Comics artist and Professor of Sequential Art at the Savannah Colllege of Art and Design (Atlanta campus.).
ROOM 103 Ernie Hudson Q&A
The “Ghostbusters” and “Crow” star shares his memories from the fan favorite films and takes questions about his favorite roles, what happened after the cameras shut down and what’s the deal with the Ghostbuster III flick?
ROOM 104 Artist Q&A w/ Bill Sienkiewicz
Award-winning artist Bill Sienkiewicz (Batman: The Widening Gyre covers) talks technique in this interactive Q&A panel and demonstration.
ROOM 103 Wizard Art School w/ Greg Horn
Superstar Marvel and DC artist Greg Horn (Blackest Night covers) leads a discussion on digital art and takes you through his creative process.
ROOM 104 Mimi Rogers Q&A
The Austin Powers and X-Files star takes fan questions about her memorable roles and talks about her memories from the fan favorite flicks and television series.
ROOM 103 Walking Dead Preview w/ Zombies
AMC’s ambitious horror series, based on Robert Kirkman’s ultra-hot zombie series from Image, now comes to life from director Frank Darabont! Check out this amazing preview of behind-the-scenes footage and extended clips along with a Q&A with stars of AMC’s show.
ROOM 104 Wizard Art School w/ Mike Grell
The legendary comic icon joins fans to discuss his unique art style as well as his take on the industry, from breaking in to breaking down a page.
ROOM 103 Artist Q&A w/ Ethan Van Sciver
The halls are alive with the sound of…”music.” Ethan Van Sciver invites you to spend the hour trapped in a small room discussing cannibalism, Wolverine, deviancy and all manner of filth and disease through the art of song. Not since Liberace has anyone tinkled (its usually tickled…did he want tinkled?) the ivories with such aplomb. Well, Richard Marx was good. But Ethan is good too! Come and see!
ROOM 103 Kids Costume Contest
Bring any kids 10 and under for this special event with great prizes just for families and the youngsters.
ROOM 104 Artist Q&A Panel with Cam Stewart, Humberto Ramos and Koi Turnbull
Superstar artists Cam Stewart (Batman & Robin) Humberto Ramos (Spider-Man) and Koi Turnbull (Terror Inc.) sit down for an exclusive Q&A about breaking into comics, conquering that big project, how they create a page and any other questions fans have about the art of comics.
The Cobb Galleria Centre is located at 2 Galleria Parkway in Atlanta. Atlanta Comic Con is the final stop on Wizard’s eight-city 2010 North American tour. Hours are Saturday, Dec. 4, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; and Sunday, Dec. 5, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.. Tickets are available in advance or by calling 1-866-882-5860 and online at www.wizardworld.com/atlanta.html at up to a 15% savings over tickets purchased at the door. Advance adult single-day tickets are $25; two-day weekend tickets are $40, and tickets are free for children age 10 and under when accompanied by a paid adult (limit two children per adult). VIP packages with special entry and exclusive items are also available.
About Wizard Entertainment:
Gareb Shamus founded Wizard Entertainment in 1991. Today, Shamus publishes consumer magazines Wizard, ToyFare, FunFare and numerous books about pop-culture’s top talent, comic books and toys. Shamus also produces a North American Comic Con tour. Wizard World Comic Con – The Pop-Culture Capital of the World!
For the most recent event information please visit www.wizardworld.com and become an Atlanta Comic Con Fan on Facebook.
New York Comic Con is almost here and we know you’re going to be spending a lot of time at the Marvel Booth (#1843). And why wouldn’t you be? You’ll have the chance to meet the legendary Stan Lee your favorite superstar Marvel creators like Joe Quesada, Jeph Loeb and Brian Michael Bendis and so many more!
Marvel always brings the best talent and the biggest announcements to New York and this year is no different. So clear those calendars True Believers because Marvel plans on keeping you busy! Between the star-studded appearances in the Marvel booth and the Earth-shattering announcements at all the Marvel panels, you won’t have time for anything else!