Comments Off on Archaia Entertainment Schedule for NYCC 2012
Award-winning publisher Archaia Entertainment (Booth #1520) is excited to announce its plans for New York Comic Con, taking place October 11-14, 2012 at the Javits Center in New York City!
• Archaia will present three panels at New York Comic Con:
How to Prepare an Effective Submission
Friday, 10/12 5:15-6:15pm, Room 1A06
Want to pitch your idea as a graphic novel? Archaia editors and a pair of Archaia creators—Feeding Ground’s Swifty Lang and Pantalones, TX’s Yehudi Mercado—show what should go into an effective submission.
Transmedia in Graphic Novel Publishing
Saturday, 10/13 6:30-7:30pm, Room 1A06
In this information-filled panel, fans will be treated to exclusive announcements, images, and videos on three properties poised for a transmedia explosion—Cyborg 009, Hawken: Genesis, and Space: 1999: Aftershock and Awe—with Archaia’s upcoming graphic novels providing a cornerstone in each campaign.
How to Tell a Better Story Through World-Building
Sunday, 10/14 1:15-2:15pm, Room 1A08
Listen is as Archaia master storytellers David Petersen (Mouse Guard), Jeremy Bastian (Cursed Pirate Girl), and Sean Rubin (Redwall, the upcoming Bolivar) share how to create a better story through world-building, from characters and costumes, to settings and environment, to culture and history.
• Former Jim Henson collaborator and fantasy superstar Brian Froud (The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth) and his wife, Wendy Froud, will be on hand to autograph copies of the hardcover graphic novel, Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 1. Check the signing schedule for times.
• Limited to 100 pieces each, exclusive tip-ins for upcoming Archaia graphic novel hardcovers Cursed Pirate Girl by Jeremy Bastian and Iron: Or, the War After by Shane-Michael Vidaurri. Bastian and Vidaurri will be on hand to autograph the tip-ins. Check the signing schedule for times.
• Over 100 autograph sessions are scheduled at the Archaia booth throughout the weekend, featuring over 40 creators. Check the Archaia booth, the Archaia website (www.archaia.com), or your favorite comics news website for the full schedule.
• Free, convention-exclusive autograph cards for upcoming Archaia titles will be available while supplies last, with their creators on hand to sign them. These titles include: Bolivar; Cyborg 009; The Joyners in 3D; Mumbai Confidential; Pantalones, TX; The Reason for Dragons; Space: 1999: Aftershock and Awe; Spera Vol. 2; and Strange Attractors.
• Archaia partner Meteor Entertainment will set up four gaming stations at the Archaia booth to demo their upcoming, free-to-play, online mech game, Hawken. The open beta launches 12/12/12, followed in March 2013 by an Archaia prequel graphic novel tied into the game. Hawken creator and designer Khang Le will be on hand to sign exclusive autograph cards. Check signing schedule for times.
• Three new hardcovers will debut at the Archaia booth: Last Days of an Immortal by Fabien Vehlmann and Gwen de Bonneval (translated from the French edition), The Grand Duke by Yann and Romain Hugault (translated from the French edition), and Mouse Guard Winter 1152 Black and White by David Petersen.
• Archaia will give away copies of its highly sought-after Free Comic Book Day hardcover from earlier this year to kids for the length of the show, while supplies last.
• Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Box Set designer Luke Crane will be on hand on Friday and Sunday to demo the game for curious players. Check the signing schedule for times.
• Creator Charles Soule will have limited copies available of a 26-page preview of his upcoming Archaia hardcover graphic novel, Strange Attractors.
• Each day of the con, Archaia CCO Mark Smylie will conduct a limited number of portfolio reviews at the booth. Slots are limited, so sign up at the booth for that day’s session while space lasts.
Archaia is located on the New York Comic Con show floor at Booth #1520. For more information about New York Comic Con, visit www.newyorkcomiccon.com.
About Archaia Entertainment, LLC
Archaia is a multi-award-winning graphic novel publisher with more than 75 renowned publishing brands, including such domestic and international hits as Mouse Guard, Return of the Dapper Men, Bolivar, Rust, Gunnerkrigg Court, Old City Blues, Awakening, The Killer, Tumor, Syndrome, Artesia, and an entire line of The Jim Henson Company graphic novels. Archaia has built an unparalleled reputation for producing meaningful content that perpetually transforms minds, building one of the industry’s most visually stunning and eclectic slates of graphic novels. Archaia was named Graphic Novel Publisher of the Year by Ain’t it Cool News, Comic Related, and Graphic Policy, which honored the publisher two years in a row. Archaia was honored with nine 2011 Eisner Awards nominations and two Awards for Best Graphic Album and Best Anthology. So far in 2012, Archaia has been further honored with six Harvey Award nominations, two Harvey Awards, six Eisner nominations and three Eisner Awards, and both Gold and Silver awards from ForeWord Reviews. In addition to publications, Archaia has successfully emerged as a prolific storyteller in all facets of the entertainment industry, extending their popular brands into film, television, gaming, and branded digital media. For more information, visit the Archaia website at www.archaia.com.
ARCHAIA ENDING THE 2010 CONVENTION SEASON IN STYLE AT NEW YORK COMIC CON
PUBLISHER WILL HOST OVER 30 CREATORS, DEBUT FIVE HARDCOVER BOOKS, ANNOUNCE TWO NEW PROJECTS AND PUT ON THREE PANELS
Los Angeles, CA (October 7, 2010) – Capping off a successful 2010 convention season and eager to win over more fans to its brand of high-quality comics and graphic novels, Archaia Entertainment announced it will have a huge presence at New York Comic Con, taking place Oct. 8-10 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City.
In addition to setting up an oversized 20’ x 30’ booth on the show floor, Archaia will host over 30 creators for autograph signings; debut six new titles for the first time anywhere, including five graphic novel hardcover books; present three entertaining panels throughout the weekend and announce two, new projects; and co-sponsor several off-site events to celebrate the releases of RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN and MOON LAKE.
“We are thrilled to appear at New York Comic Con, the second largest comic book and pop culture convention in the country, to reward our East Coast-based fans with some cool products and giveaways, and to attract new readers with our line of high-quality titles,” said Archaia Marketing Manager, Mel Caylo. “We’re hoping to end this year’s convention season with a great showing to generate buzz and excitement in the comics industry!”
The six titles debuting at New York Comic Con are:
· AWAKENING VOL. 2 – The follow-up to the critically acclaimed Awakening Vol. 1 concludes the gripping storyline of what may or may not be a zombie outbreak in a small town.
· FEEDING GROUND #1 – The debut of the first issue of this brand-new miniseries about werewolves terrorizing the Devil’s Highway, a corridor along the Mexico-Arizona border used by illegal immigrants. Presented both in English and Spanish!
· THE GOD MACHINE – A stylistic Gothic adventure about a young man’s journey to save his girlfriend’s soul.
· MOON LAKE – This eclectic collection of horror stories mixes elements from Tales from the Crypt and “Twilight Zone” and includes contributions from some of the best creators in horror comics like Brian Holguin, Stef Hutchinson and Jeffrey Zornow.
· MOUSE GUARD: LEGENDS OF THE GUARD VOL. 1 – Collects the critically acclaimed miniseries in which Mouse Guard creator David Petersen handpicks other creators to write and draw Mouse Guard stories.
· RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN – A visual tour de force that presents a modern twist on classic fairy tales, utilizing an incredible decoupage art style that combines steampunk fantasy and science fiction with Art Nouveau for a truly unique and groundbreaking book.
The following Archaia creators will be on hand at various times at the Archaia booth (#2031) to sign autographs, sell exclusive items and hand out cool giveaways:
· Awakening – Alex Eckman-Lawn (artist)
· Bleedout – Nathan Fox (artist), Sanford Greene (artist), Zach Howard (artist), Michael Kennedy (writer), Ben Templesmith (artist)
· Critical Millennium – Daniel Dussault (artist), Andrew E. C. Gaska (creator/writer)
· Days Missing – Phil Hester (writer), David Marquez (artist), Trevor Roth (creator)
· Feeding Ground – Swifty Lang (co-creator/co-writer), Michael Lapinski (co-creator/artist), Christopher Mangun (co-creator/co-writer)
· Fraggle Rock – Nichol Ashworth (writer), Tim Beedle (editor), Michael DiMotta (artist), Sam Humphries (writer), Neil Kleid (writer), Dave Lanphear (letterer), Grace Randolph (writer)
· The God Machine – Chandra Free (creator/writer/artist)
· Gunnerkrigg Court – Tom Siddell (creator/writer/artist)
· Hybrid Bastards! – Kate Glasheen (artist), Tom Pinchuk (creator/writer)
· Lucid – Michael McMillian (creator/writer)
· Moon Lake – Dan Fogler (creator), Robbi Rodriguez (artist), Jeffrey Zornow (artist)
· Mouse Guard – David Petersen (creator/writer/artist)
· Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard – Katie Cook (writer/artist), David Petersen (creator/writer/artist), Sean Rubin (writer/artist)
· Return of the Dapper Men – Janet Lee (co-creator/artist), Jim McCann (co-creator/writer)
· Starkweather: Immortal – Dave Rodriguez (creator/writer)
· Syndrome – David Marquez (artist)
· Tumor – Joshua Hale Fialkov (co-creator/writer)
Listed below are the three panels Archaia will present at New York Comic Con:
ARCHAIA BLACK LABEL
The new Archaia Black Label specializes in co-developing intellectual properties with prestigious partners who are seeking to realize their ideas through the use of Archaia’s resources. Join Archaia as they show exclusive preview images and discuss current and upcoming Archaia Black Label titles, including: DAYS MISSING: KESTUS with Roddenberry Productions’ Trevor Roth, writer Phil Hester and artist David Marquez; LUCID with creator/writer and “True Blood” actor Michael McMillian; MOON LAKE with creator/co-writer Dan Fogler; and MR. MURDER IS DEAD with creator/writer Victor Quinaz. Plus, two exclusive announcements, including one in association with video game publisher Vogster Entertainment. There will be surprise guests! You don’t want to miss this! Moderated by Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy. Panel Room 8 (1A23)
ARCHAIA ALL ACCESS
Get updates, previews and new information on current and upcoming core Archaia titles as the publisher spotlights: AWAKENING VOL. 2 with artist Alex Eckman-Lawn; CRITICAL MILLENNIUM with writer Andrew E. C. Gaska and artist Daniel Dussault; FEEDING GROUND with creators Swifty Lang, Michael Lapinski and Christopher Mangun; and THE GOD MACHINE with creator Chandra Free! Moderated by Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy. Panel Room 7 (1A22)
ARCHAIA ALL AGES
All ages books are not necessarily children’s books—they’re books that readers of all ages can enjoy! Join Archaia for updates, previews and exciting new information on several of its All Ages titles, including: FRAGGLE ROCK VOL. 2 with editor Tim Beedle; MOUSE GUARD with creator/writer/artist David Petersen; MOUSE GUARD ROLEPLAYING GAME BOX SET with Petersen and game designer Luke Crane; and RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN with writer Jim McCann and artist Janet Lee. Moderated by Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy. Panel Room 5 (1A17-18)
During New York Comic Con, Archaia will also co-sponsor several off-site events that are open to the public to mark the release of two of its books:
RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN Book Release and Art Show
Thursday, Oct. 7, 7-10 p.m.
Alice’s Tea Cup, 102 West 73rd St., New York, NY 10023
To recognize the release of Archaia’s new hardcover fairy tale, RETURN OF THE DAPPER MEN, writer Jim McCann and artist Janet Lee will display and offer for sale several of the decoupage art pieces that were created for the book. Join us for scones, cake, tea and, after 8 p.m., wine (courtesy of Bluebird Wines), as we celebrate this event on the eve of New York Comic Con! Admission is free!
The MOON LAKE Gallery at BAR 13
Saturday, Oct. 9 and Sunday Oct. 10, 12-5 p.m. each day
Bar 13, 35 east 13th St. Union Square, New York, NY 10003
Illustrations and images from the MOON LAKE graphic novel are on display, all day Saturday and Sunday from 12-5 pm. Admission is free! Complimentary beverages!
MOON LAKE Live Radio Play Performance and HYSTERICAL PSYCHO Screening
Saturday, Oct. 9. 11 p.m.-12 a.m.
Cinema Village Theater, 22 East 12th St., New York, NY 10003
Here’s your chance to watch a graphic novel performed before your very eyes! Before television, audiences were entertained by radio actors as they performed their favorite stories over the airwaves. Harkening back to that era, actor Dan Fogler and members of the Studio13 acting group will perform stories from Fogler’s MOON LAKE graphic novel LIVE! You have to see this! Admission is free! The performance will be followed by a midnight screening of Fogler’s film “Hysterical Psycho,” on which the MOON LAKE graphic novel is based. There will be a $10 charge for the movie.
As you can see, Archaia is looking to end the 2010 convention season with a bang, and we hope you’ll be there to experience it with us!
Archaia has built an unparalleled reputation for producing meaningful content that perpetually transforms minds. Archaia is: An Elegy for Amelia Johnson, Artesia, Awakening, Beautiful Scars, Berona’s War, The Black Knight, Critical Millennium, Cyclops, The Dark Crystal, Dark Fall, Days Missing, The Devil’s Handshake, The Engineer, Everlast, Feeding Ground, Fraggle Rock, God Machine, The Grave Doug Freshley, Gunnerkrigg Court, Hybrid Bastards!, Inanna’s Tears, The Killer, Killing Pickman, Labyrinth, The Lone and Level Sands, Lucid, Miranda Mercury, Moon Lake, Mouse Guard, Mr. Murder Is Dead, Okko, One in a Million, Primordia, The Return of the Dapper Men, Robotika, Saga, The Secret History, Some New Kind of Slaughter, Starkweather: Immortal, Syndrome, Titanium Rain, Trial By Fire, Tumor and 10 more new titles in 2010.
For more information on Archaia or any Archaia titles please visit www.Archaia.com. Archaia can also be found on Facebook (facebook.com/archaiacomics) and Twitter (twitter.com/archaiacomics).