Canada’s Transformers Convention Celebrates Milestone 10th Anniversary
TFcon – Canada’s Transformers Collectors Convention returns July 27-29, 2012 for their 10th anniversary and is happy to announce they will be holding their first ever charity auction July 28th for Make-A-Wish Canada. The charity auction will feature many great unique items and we hope our community will help raise as much as possible for the Make-A-Wish foundation.
TFcon is Canada’s annual Transformers collectors convention, and the second greatest attended Transformers convention in the world. TFcon 2012 will be held for the 11th time from July 27th to 29th. This year’s attractions include Transformers Creator Bob Budiansky, Transformers voice actors Scott McNeil and Neil Ross, along with Hasbro Canada. We are pleased to have them as part of our 2012 events. Please see http://www.tfcon.ca for more details.
Canadian Scott McNeil is a veteran animation actor who has voiced a variety of characters in various Transformers television series, including Waspinator, Rattrap, Dinobot, and Silverbolt in the Canadian produced series Beast Wars. He is also known for his voice work on ReBoot, Storm Hawks, Dragon Ball Z, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, InuYasha, Ranma 1/2, Fullmetal Alchemist, and X-Men: Evolution. At TFcon, Mr. McNeil will be participating in a live script reading with fans, question and answer panels, and autograph and photograph sessions. For more information on his career, check out http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0573926/
Bob Budiansky is a comic book writer and editor whose name is synonymous with Transformers fiction. Mr. Budiansky is responsible for much of the writing of the original Marvel Transformers comic, and conceived the names of most of the original Transformers including Megatron. He also wrote the vast majority of the descriptive tech spec biographies printed on the Transformers toy packages that Hasbro produced in the 1980s, giving each character it’s own unique personality. Aside from Transformers, Budiansky has worked on various Marvel comicbook properties including The Avengers, Spider-man, and Ghost Rider. At TFcon Mr. Budiansky will be taking part in question and answer panels, and autograph and photograph sessions in his first ever Canadian convention appearance. For more information on his career check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Budiansky
Neil Ross’ work on Transformers goes all the way back to the original 1984 television series where he voiced the popular characters Springer, Slag, and Bonecrusher among others. Aside from Transformers, Ross’ voice can be heard as Han Solo in the Star Wars video games, in addition to the TV series G.I. Joe, Voltron, The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, and Batman: The Animated Series. At TFcon Mr. Ross will be taking part in a live script reading with fans, question and answer panels, and autograph and photograph sessions. For more information on his career, check out http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0743719/
This year TFcon features Canada’s largest dealer room for Transformers merchandise, guest question and answer panels and autograph sessions, Transformers trivia contest, plus art and costume contests. Visit http://www.tfcon.ca for up-to-the-minute details on the convention.
Scott McNeil to Appear at Animation & Gaming Ohio 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio – September 24, 2010- Animation and Gaming Ohio is proud to announce that Scott McNeil will be making his return to Ohio for the first time in years! Scott McNeil initially pursued a career in theatre with Studio 58. After leaving, he worked as an Elvis Impersonator while trying to find acting jobs. He finally made his big break doing a variety of voices on The New Adventures of He-Man. The first Anime role that Scott provided his voice for was Project A-ko. Scott went back to acting for a while, appearing in several films, including two episodes of Highlander: The Series, before lending his voice to Beastwars. Scott has described that this is the work he is most proud of. He was also cast in the role of the original “Piccolo” in Dragon Ball Z, “Duo Maxwell” in Mobile Suit: Gundam Wing, and “Principal Kuno” in Ranma ½. Scott has done a variety of voices from various animes, including InuYasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Monster Rancher, and Death N ote.
Accompanying Scott McNeil will be internet star & musician Brentalfloss. Brent made his mark on the scene with a music video about “The Legend of Zelda” which ended up being showcased on YouTube.com for 2 days and acquiring over a million hits. The video was also picked up by G4 TV as part of “Attack of the Show.” Since then he has been a regular on Screw Attack.com and continues to make videos and music for the masses.
Animation and Gaming Ohio (A&G Ohio) is a convention ran by the fans, for the fans. It not only includes Japanese animation, but American animation as well. Gaming is also incorporated with the signature gaming events and the massive game room A&G has to offer. A&G Ohio is a fourth year convention based out of Cincinnati, OH.
Date and Location: March 18 – 20, 2011 at the Holiday Inn Eastgate in Cincinnati, Ohio
Registration Fee: $25 for adults and $15 for children 4 to 10. Children 3 and under get in for free. $50 for a Guest Dinner Badge (Includes weekend convention badge), and $100 for a Platinum Badge (includes guest dinner, VIP parties, and weekend badge).
A&G Ohio is also including a Free T-Shirt to those who pre-register before December 1st, 2010.
Nerd Corps Entertainment will be out in full force at Fan Expo Canada! There will be four hours of programming! The Storm Hawks Special Edition Comic Book and Storm Hawks Age of Heroes Ashcan will be on sale at the Beach CS and DMF Comics booth.
Special Guests include:
Ace Fipke (Storm Hawks Creator)
Andy Poon (Storm Hawks Art Director)
Scott McNeil (Voice Actor – Stork, Voltar)
Lee Tockar (Dr. Frogg)
SATURDAY AUG 29
11:00 AM ROOM #714 STORM HAWKS SNEAK PEEK AND CAST Q&A PANEL
4:00 PM ROOM #714 LEAGUE OF SUPER EVIL PANEL WITH SCOTT MCNEIL
6:00PM ROOM #714 STORM HAWKS SCREENING – NORTH AMERICAN PREMIERE COURTESY OF YTV
SUNDAY AUG 30
5:00PM ROOM #713A LEAGUE OF SUPER EVIL SCREENING- WORLD PREMIERE SCREENING COURTESY OF YTV
Fan-demonium to Reach an All-Time High at 15th Annual Fan Expo Canada 2009
Leonard Nimoy, Linda Hamilton, Lou Ferrigno, and Bruce Campbell among the star-studded line-up at this year’s event
July 9, 2009, Toronto, ON – Expect to see a surge of Vulcans, Storm Troopers, Zombies, Dragonballers and other strange and wonderful characters across the city as Toronto hosts the largest combined gaming, horror, comic, science fiction and anime event in the country. The 15th annual Fan Expo Canada takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building on August 28-30, 2009.
Owned and operated by Hobby Star Marketing, Fan Expo Canada offers fans of every genre the chance to meet their favourite celebrities and pop culture heroes at autograph and photo sessions; participate in informational workshops with industry experts offering advice, tips and portfolio reviews; and shop for exclusive Fan Expo offers, collectables and memorabilia from more than 600 vendors.
“By offering unique experiences and opportunities to interact with icons, industry leaders, and other enthusiastic fans, Fan Expo delivers a signature event in Canada that satisfies fans’ cravings like no other,” says Aman Gupta, President of Hobby Star Marketing. “For the past 15 years Fan Expo Canada has been the only event to bring this level of fandom to Toronto and Fan Expo Canada 2009 will bring even more to visitors than ever before with incredible limited edition offers, the widest range of industry merchandise available, and appearances by genre demi-gods.”
Hobby Star Marketing Inc. was founded in 1992 and has quickly become one of Canada’s premiere sports and entertainment marketing companies. Since its inception, Hobby Star Marketing has secured a niche in the industry by specializing in professional sport and entertainment celebrity placement at a variety of venues and events.
SPECIAL CELEBRITY GUESTS:
SFX Science Fiction Expo, in association with SPACE – the official National Cable Broadcast Sponsor, guest list:
- LEONARD NIMOY – The legendary Mr. Spock of Star Trek
- LINDA HAMILTON – Sarah Connor celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Terminator
- BILLY DEE WILLIAMS – Lando Calrissian of the Star Wars feature films
- BEAU BRIDGES – Major General Hank Landry of Stargate SG-1
- THOMAS DEKKER – John Connor of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
- MARY MCDONNELL – President Laura Roslin of Battlestar Galactica
- JAMES KYSON LEE – Ando of Heroes
- AVERY BROOKS – Captain Benjamin Sisko of Star Trek Deep Space Nine
- WALTER KOENIG – Pavel Chekov of Star Trek
- ROBERT DUNCAN MCNEILL – Tom Paris of Star Trek Voyager
- LOU FERRIGNO – The Incredible Hulk
- DAVE THOMAS – Doug of Bob and Doug McKenzie brothers
- LARRY THOMAS – Seinfeld’s “Soup Nazi”
- TONY CURTIS – Legendary actor and Hollywood Icon
The Comic Book Expo guest list:
- JOE QUESADA – Editor In Chief Marvel Comics
- DAN DIDIO – Senior VP DC Comics
- CHRIS BACHALO – Legendary Artist
- MIKE DEODATO JR.- Artist Dark Avengers
- ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of Flash Rebirth
- J MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI – Award winning writer
- STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Wolverine
- IVAN REIS – Artist of Green Lantern & The Blackest Night – Rare appearance!
- TERRY DODSON – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
- DAVID FINCH – Artist of Ultimatum
- OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Thor
- MATT FRACTION – Writer of Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Ironman
- MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Acclaimed Marvel Cover Artist & Thor
- LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator of Wolverine & Swamp Thing
- DARWYN COOKE – Artist of DC The New Frontier
- DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist of upcoming Fantastic Four
- BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
- STUART IMMONNEN – Artist of New Avengers
- GEORGES JEANTY – Artist of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist of Stephen King’s Dark Tower
- MIKE CHOI – Artist of X-Force
- DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Playboy Cartoonist
The Festival of Fear Horror Expo, sponsored by Rue Morgue Magazine, guest list:
- BRUCE CAMPBELL – Legendary Film Actor
- ROGER CORMAN – Legendary Director
- UDO KEIR – Acclaimed Actor
- BARBARA STEELE – Emmy Award-Winning Actress
- TOM SAVINI – FX Master and Actor
- ROBERT HALL – Award winning make up artist
- JAMES DUVAL – Acclaimed Horror Film Actor
- MAX BROOKS – Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide
- ART HINDLE – Acclaimed actor
- KELLEY ARMSTRONG – Best Selling Horror Author
- JACK KETCHUM – Best Selling Horror Author
- LLOYD KAUFMAN – Producer – Toxic Avenger
The CNAnime Expo celebrity guest list:
- SCOTT MCNEIL – voice star of Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragonball Z
- CRISPIN FREEMAN – voice star of Naruto, Eureka Seven, Ghost In the Shell
- BRAD SWAILE – voice star of Death Note, Mobile Suit Gundam
- AARON DISMUKE – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- COLLEEN CLINKENBEARD – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- MONICA RIAL – voice star of Kiddy Grade, Noir, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
- BRINA PALENCIA – voice star of Claymore, Romeo A Juliet
- DEREK STEPHEN PRINCE – voice star of Bleach, Digimon
The GX – Gaming Expo, sponsored by Zellers & G4 Tech TV, celebrity guest list:
- STEVE DOWNES – Voice of Master Chief in the HALO video game series
- VICTOR LUCAS – Creator / Producer / Host of Electric Playground
- ED GREENWOOD – Creator / Author of Forgotten Realms
- JESS HARTLEY – Editor / Developer of White Wolf Publishing
- PIETER VAN HIEL – Role playing game Author of Sanguine Productions
- JONATHAN LAVALLEE – President of Firestorm Ink gaming publisher
- C.A. SULEIMAN – Director of Development CM Publishing
- MALCOLM SHEPPARD – Role playing game Author of White Wolf
Gaming fans will have the opportunity to take part in dozens of official tournaments, play new games, win prizes, meet with industry experts, attend seminars and view upcoming products.
- Canada’s largest Masquerade Costume Contest on Saturday, Aug. 29
- Industry Professional workshops for the public
- Millions of dollars of collectibles and memorabilia for sale
- Celebrity Q&A’s plus autograph and photo opportunities
- More than 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers offering a full range of pop culture and entertainment themed merchandise including comic books, toys, collectibles, games, videos, and more!
- Tons of costumed characters from your favourite TV shows & movies
- Introducing a reusable shopping tote, made from 100% recycled materials and designed specifically for fans to take their goodies home
- Exclusive show merchandise including:
- MEGAN FOX photo cover variant for issue one TRANSFORMERS: TALES OF THE FALLEN comic book – Limited to only 1000 copies
- STAR TREK: NERO comic, issue number one, “Spock Variant” edition – Limited to 1000 copies
- ULTIMATE AVENGERS comic #1, “Sketch cover variant” edition (Limited to 1500 copies)
- GREEN LANTERN: BLACKEST NIGHT Art Lithograph (Limited to 1500 copies) free and only available when you purchase a Fan Expo Premium Package
Stay tuned to www.fanexpocanada.com for more additions to this exciting line-up…
WHEN: AUGUST 28 – 30, 2009
Friday, August 28th 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 29th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30th 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Blvd. Toronto, Ontario
TICKETS: Basic Adult Day Pass $25.00
Kids under 12 years old are FREE when accompanied by an adult
See website for further details
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events – for dates, times and prices, please call Ticketmaster (416) 872-7777 or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com