ALTERNATES, INMATES AND ANIMATION INFILTRATE ANAHEIM AS WARNER BROS. WOWS WONDERCON
Warner Bros. Television Escapes to the O.C. with Panels for Alcatraz, Fringe and DC Nation, and Fans Can See The Secret Circle and Person of Interest on the Big Screen
BURBANK, Calif. (February 24, 2012) — Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) breaks free and travels to the other side — aka the O.C. — for another exciting weekend at WonderCon 2012, starting with an exclusive advance screening of a never-before-seen episode of The Secret Circle (Thursdays 9/8c The CW) and an explosive episode of Person of Interest (Thursdays 9/8c CBS) on the big screen on Friday, March 16. Then fans can supercharge their Saturday with a special video presentation and panel session for DC Nation — the new one-hour programming block from Cartoon Network, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment — on March 17. And on Sunday, March 18, sample the best of Bad Robot Productions with mind-bending panel sessions for Alcatraz (Mondays 9/8c FOX, moving to 8/7c on March 5) and Fringe (Fridays 9/8c FOX).
Stars and producers scheduled to attend WonderCon 2012 include:
- Alcatraz stars Sarah Jones, Jorge Garcia, Jonny Coyne and Parminder Nagra, along with executive producers Jennifer Johnson, Daniel Pyne, Jack Bender and co-creators/co-executive producers Bryan Wynbrandt and Steve Lilien
- Fringe stars John Noble, Seth Gabel and executive producers J.H. Wyman and Jeff Pinkner. Additional cast members to be announced.
- DC Nation: Young Justice producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman; Green Lantern: The Animated Series producers Jim Krieg and Giancarlo Volpe; and DC animated shorts producers Lauren Faust and Ben Jones
- Alcatraz, Fringe and DC Nation casts and producers will all be signing at the DC Entertainment booth, #501
In addition, WBTV will present not one, but two special screenings exclusively for WonderCon audiences, offering fans a sneak peak — on the big screen — of The Secret Circle’s “Curse” episode six days before its broadcast on Thursday, March 22 (9/8c on The CW), as well as an episode of the hit action-drama Person of Interest.
For continuing information about the Studio’s plans at WonderCon, please follow us on Twitter at@thewbdotcom.
Following are the WBTV and DC Nation panel dates, as well as signing dates and times for WonderCon 2012. Official panel times to be announced by WonderCon.
FRIDAY, MARCH 16
Exclusive Warner Bros. Television Screenings — For the third straight year, Warner Bros. Television kicks off WonderCon with special screenings of fan-favorite series. For 2012, WBTV will present on the big screen episodes of the first-year hit dramas The Secret Circle, from executive producer Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries), and Person of Interest, from creator Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knight) and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions (Fringe, Lost). Ballroom
- The Secret Circle: The ordinary becomes the extraordinary in The Secret Circle, a drama full of mystery, intrigue and danger from executive producer Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries) and based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (The Vampire Diaries). The series chronicles the story of a young girl who discovers not only that she is a witch and part of a secret coven, but that she is the key which will unlock a centuries-old battle of good versus evil. WBTV has conjured up a WonderCon exclusive premiere screening of the “Curse” episode, a full six days in advance of its on-air debut Thursday, March 22, at 9/8c on The CW. Britt Robertson (Scream 4), Thomas Dekker (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Gale Harold (Queer as Folk), Phoebe Tonkin (H20: Just Add Water), Shelley Hennig (Days of our Lives), Jessica Parker Kennedy (50/50), Chris Zylka (upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man) and Natasha Henstridge (Species) star in the series, which is executive produced by Williamson, Andrew Miller (Nothing), Andrea Newman (Human Target), Leslie Morgenstein (The Vampire Diaries) and Gina Girolamo (The Lying Game). From Bonanza Productions Inc., Outerbanks Entertainment and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, The Secret Circle airs Thursdays at 9/8c on The CW. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesecretcircle and follow The CW on Twitter @CW_network.
- Person of Interest: Jim Caviezel (The Thin Red Line), Comic-Con favorite Michael Emerson (Lost) and Taraji P. Henson (Hustle & Flow) team up in this thought-provoking crime action-drama from The Dark Knight’s Jonathan Nolan and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions (Fringe, Lost, Alias). Set in New York City, with all of its multifaceted elements of justice (cops, criminals, corruption), Person of Interest centers on an ex-CIA agent, presumed dead, who partners with a mysterious billionaire to prevent violent crimes, and the detectives tracking them. Person of Interest makes its WonderCon debut with a screening of a complete episode on the big screen. In addition to Caviezel, Emerson and Henson, Kevin Chapman (Rescue Me) also stars in Person of Interest, which airs Thursdays at 9/8c on CBS. Jonathan Nolan, J.J. Abrams (Star Trek), Greg Plageman (Cold Case) and Bryan Burk (Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol) are the executive producers of the series, from Bonanza Productions in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan of the show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PersonOfInterestCBS and follow the show on Twitter@PersonInterest.
SATURDAY, MARCH 17
- 4:00 p.m. • DC Nation Signing: DC Entertainment Booth #501
- DC Nation Special Video Presentation and Q&A — From the pages of DC Comics to the television screens of fans across the country comes DC Nation, a new one-hour exclusive kids programming block from Cartoon Network, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment. DC Nation stars some of the most beloved and legendary heroes of the DC Universe, brought to life by some of the most talented directors, writers and producers working in animation today. Anchored by Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice, DC Nation airs Saturdays from 10:00–11:00 a.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network. Fans attending the WonderCon 2012 DC Nation panel will be treated to exclusive video content filled with plenty of sneak peeks from the DC Nation block. In addition, an all-star panel featuring Young Justice producersBrandon Vietti (Batman Under the Red Hood) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles), Green Lantern: The Animated Series producers Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm) and Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), and DC animated shorts producers Lauren Faust (The Powerpuff Girls, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic) and Ben Jones (Batman: The Brave and The Bold) will take the stage for a moderated Q&A. Learn more about DC Nation atwww.dcnation.com and follow the show on Twitter @DC_nation. Room 204ABC
SUNDAY, MARCH 18
- 12:00 Noon • Fringe Signing: DC Entertainment Booth #501
- 1:30 p.m. • Alcatraz Signing: DC Entertainment Booth #501
- Alcatraz Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Don’t miss this classified session with stars Sarah Jones (Sons of Anarchy), Jorge Garcia (Lost), Jonny Coyne (Lara Craft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life) and Parminder Nagra (ER); executive producers Jennifer Johnson (Lost), Daniel Pyne (Lost) and Jack Bender (Lost); and co-creators/co-executive producers Bryan Wynbrandt and Steven Lilien (both Kyle XY) dishing the ultimate insider information about the mysterious 1963 disappearance of the Alcatraz inmates, guards and staff. Fans will learn about where they’ve been and why they are returning, and the creative team will reveal exclusive information about the remaining episodes of the first season. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Alcatraz currently airs Mondays at 9/8c on FOX, and moves to 8/7c on March 5. Become a fan of Alcatraz on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AlcatrazonFOX and follow the show on Twitter @AlcatrazonFOX.
- Fringe Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Join series stars John Noble (The Lord of the Rings), Seth Gabel (The Da Vinci Code) and executive producers Jeff Pinkner (Lost) andJ.H. Wyman (The Mexican) of the mind-bending, universe-crossing series Fringe for a Q & A session and get a sneak peek of what is to come, as the fates of all your favorite characters hang in the balance between two universes, two timelines and too many creepy bad guys to go around. Talk doppelgangers, shapeshifters, Observers and whatever Walter is cooking up! Now in its fourth season, Fringe continues to explore new cases with endless impossibilities. From Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Fringe airs Fridays at 9/8c on FOX. Become a fan of Fringe on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Fringe and follow the show on Twitter @FRINGEonFOX. Ballroom
29 DAYS, 23 HOURS, 15 MINUTES AND COUNTING…WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE FOR COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO
Stars and Producers of “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe,” “Nikita,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Alcatraz,” “Person of Interest,” “The Secret Circle,” “Childrens Hospital,” “Green Lantern: The Animated Series,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated,” “ThunderCats” and “Young Justice” To Appear
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s Nearly 3,000-Square-Foot Booth to Host Signings, Special Events, Digitally Driven Fan Giveaways and More
BURBANK, Calif. (June 21, 2011, 10:45 AM PT: 29 days, 23 hours, 15 minutes until #WBSDCC) — The clock is ticking, and Comic-Con is right around the corner! By bringing 16 series to Comic-Con International: San Diego, Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) further strengthens its presence at the world’s leading pop culture convention — and will deliver a one-of-a-kind experience for fans in the process. The anticipation is building as a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series prepare for a robust schedule of panel sessions, screenings, media appearances and autograph signings.
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter@TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
- For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCSocialMedia
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.
- “The Big Bang Theory”: Stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch join creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, and executive producer Steven Molaro
- “Chuck”: Stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin join co-creator/executive producer Chris Fedak for a panel to discuss the fan-favorite spy series’ final season
- “Fringe”: Stars Anna Torv, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman
- “Nikita”: Stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein
- “Supernatural”: Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles will topline the panel, held this year for the first time ever in Hall H. Additional cast members and executive producers to be announced.
- “The Vampire Diaries”: Stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola and Joseph Morgan join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
- “Childrens Hospital”: Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producers Jonathan Stern join stars Malin Akerman, Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel and Megan Mullally
- “Alcatraz”: Stars Sarah Jones and Jorge Garcia join executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff
- “Person of Interest”: Stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson and Taraji P. Henson join executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman
- “The Secret Circle”: Stars Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Phoebe Tonkin and Natasha Henstridge join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson, Andrew Miller and Richard Hatem
WARNER BROS. ANIMATION
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: Executive producer Bruce Timm will join producer Giancarlo Volpe and producer/story editor Jim Krieg for a panel moderated by executive producer/Warner Bros. Animation’s Sam Register
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, story editor Hugh Davidson and writer Rachel Ramras
- “MAD”: “MAD” television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek, along with MADmagazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and “Spy vs. Spy” artist Peter Kuper
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone and producer Mitch Watson
- “ThunderCats”: Producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton
- “Young Justice”: Producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman, and lead character designer Phil Bourassa
Download additional panel details, including the complete schedule with times and locations, here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCPanels
And it wouldn’t be Comic-Con without a visit to the Warner Bros. booth. The Studio will once again have a can’t-miss, nearly 3,000-square-foot destination on the convention floor, at space #4545. Anchored by the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower, the booth is a must-visit location for autograph signings, multiple interactive kiosks for fans to play video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and much, much more. Stay tuned to @TheWBdotcom on Twitter orwww.thewb.com/comiccon in the coming weeks for more details about activities at the booth.
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20 • 6–9 PM • BALLROOM 20
WBTVG continues its Comic-Con tradition of hosting a special sneak peek premiere event on preview night. This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see some of the most anticipated new premieres of the year.
- “Alcatraz”: Executive producers J.J. Abrams and Elizabeth Sarnoff deliver a chilling new midseason drama for FOX revolving around America’s most infamous prison, the one-time home to the nation’s worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and arsonists.
- “The Secret Circle”: The ordinary becomes extraordinary in this romantic drama about a coven of young witches, from “The Vampire Diaries” executive producer Kevin Williamson, based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (“The Vampire Diaries”).
- “Person of Interest”: From J.J. Abrams and “The Dark Knight” co-writer Jonathan Nolan comes an action-packed hour for CBS about an ex-CIA operative and a mysterious billionaire who team up to stop violent crimes before they happen in New York City.
- “Supernatural: The Anime Series”: The popular series “Supernatural” makes history this summer as the first-ever live-action show to be re-imagined in Japanese anime style. Renowned animation studio Madhouse — working with the full approval of series creator Eric Kripke — produced the anime series, which mirrors the story arc of “Supernatural’s” first two seasons, providing supplemental stories ranging from prequels and spin-offs to untold tales that fit within the “Supernatural” mythology.
THE TV SERIES SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, JULY 22
- “MAD”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 25ABC
- “The Big Bang Theory”: 12:30–1:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Childrens Hospital”: 1:30–2:20 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: 2:00–3:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “ThunderCats”: 3:30–4:30 p.m., Room 6A
SATURDAY, JULY 23
- “Chuck”: 10:00–10:45 a.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Vampire Diaries”: 3:30–4:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Fringe”: 4:15–5:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Alcatraz”: 5:00–6:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Secret Circle”: 5:10–6:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Nikita”: 6:00–6:45 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Person of Interest”: 6:45–7:30 p.m., Room 6BCF
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “Young Justice”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 7AB
- “Supernatural”: 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m., Hall H
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: 1:00–2:00 p.m., Room 6A
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: 2:15–3:15 p.m., Room 6A