Stars and Producers from Nikita, V, The Vampire Diaries, Young Justice, MAD, and Green Lantern: The Animated Series to Appear October 8–10 at New York Comic Con 2010.
Selected stars and producers from these programs will be on-hand for panel sessions, media appearances and autograph signings at the East Coast’s biggest and most exciting popular culture convention from Friday, October 8–Sunday, October 10.
• Three generations of V queens — series stars Morena Baccarin and Laura Vandervoort, and guest star Jane Badler (Diana on the original V) — discuss their epic power struggle over the future of humanity in the forthcoming season two
• The Vampire Diaries executive producers Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec join series stars Steven R. McQueen, Sara Canning, Katerina Graham and Zach Roerig for their first New York Comic Con appearance (Note: Attendees are subject to change.)
• Nikita stars Maggie Q., Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca team up with executive producer Craig Silverstein to give fans a peek a what’s ahead in season one
• Warner Bros. Animation unveils exclusive new footage from the upcoming series Young Justice, and the creative team behind Green Lantern: The Animated Series talks about this new project
• The team behind DC Comics’ MAD Magazine and Warner Bros. Animation’s new MAD animated television series give fans a light-hearted look at the past, present and future of an American institution For continuing information about the Studio’s plans at New York Comic Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom or search for news using the #WBNYCC hashtag.
Here is the complete WBTV and WBA New York Comic Con schedule:
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8
• 3:15–4:15 p.m. Mad About MAD Presentation/Q&A — MAD Magazine has established itself as the original, most imitated and influential satirical publication across generations. Recently, MAD made a triumphant return to TV on Cartoon Network with an all-new animated series from Warner Bros. Animation to corrupt the minds of the next generation! Come join MAD Magazine editor John Ficarra, MAD art director Sam Viviano, legendary MAD artist Mort Drucker and MAD television program producer Mark Marek, plus a few surprise guests for a lighthearted look at the past, present and future of an American institution. Room 1A06-7
• 4:30–5:30 p.m. MAD Signing at the DC Comics booth #2243
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9
• 2:00–3:00 p.m. Young Justice Signing at the DC Comics booth #2243
• 2:30–3:30 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Presentation/Q&A — Saturday will be NYCC’s “brightest day” as Warner Bros. Animation proudly unveils this new series coming soon to Cartoon Network and based upon characters from DC Comics. Join series executive producer Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series), producer Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and producer/story editor Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm) as these creative forces reveal their plans for one of the most highly anticipated new animated series. Room 1A14
• 3:45–4:45 p.m. Young Justice Video Presentation and Q&A — Join the league! Fans were given their first glimpse of Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis this past July at Comic-Con International: San Diego. But this panel will offer far more than just a glimpse, as producers Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles) answer questions from fans and show footage from this highly anticipated series. A one-hour special event of Young Justice will premiere in November 2010 on Cartoon Network, and the series begins in 2011. Young Justice is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and is based upon characters from DC Comics. Room 1A14
• 4:00–5:00 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Signing at the DC Comics
• 5:15–6:15 p.m. V Special Video Presentation and Cast/Producer Q&A — In the first season of V, the Visitors arrived. In the second, coming in November to ABC, three generations of V queens — played by Morena Baccarin (Firefly), Laura Vandervoort (Smallville) and guest star Jane Badler (Diana on the original V) — will engage in an epic power struggle over the future of humanity. Join them and a V executive producer for a panel that will feature Q&A as well as footage from the new season. V is produced by HDFilms in association with Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan of the series on Facebook at www.facebook.com/V. IGN Theater/Special Events Hall
• 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. V Signing in Room 1C05
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 10
• 10:30–11:30 a.m. Nikita Video Presentation and Q&A — Looks do kill! International action star Maggie Q (Mission: Impossible III) plays Nikita, the former spy and assassin determined to destroy the secretive and corrupt government agency that trained her. Join Maggie, Shane West (ER), Lyndsy Fonseca (Kick-Ass) and executive producer Craig Silverstein (Bones) as they answer questions and provide a sneak peek at what fans can expect in upcoming episodes. From Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television, Nikita airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Become a fan of the show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/nikita. IGN Theater/Special Events Hall
• 1:00–1:45 p.m. Nikita Signing in Room 1C05
• 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. The Vampire Diaries Special Video Presentation and Select Cast/Producer Q&A — The Vampire Diaries sinks its teeth into the Big Apple today — a New York Comic Con first! Join series stars Steven R. McQueen (character name: Jeremy), Sara Canning (Jenna), Katerina Graham (Bonnie) and Zach Roerig (Matt), and executive producers Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec for a discussion of all things Mystic Falls! NOTE: Attendees are subject to change. From Bonanza Productions Inc., Outerbanks Entertainment and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, The Vampire Diaries airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thevampirediaries and follow the show on Twitter at ww.twitter.com/CW_VampDiaries. IGN Theater/Special Events Hall
• 2:00–3:00 p.m. The Vampire Diaries Signing in Room 1C05