Florida Supercon is the LARGEST Comic Con in Miami. Supercon takes place JULY 1-4, 2016 at THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER and FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER!
Find the best in Comic Books, Media Guests, Anime, Animation, Video Games, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Pop Culture in South Florida. Florida Supercon is 4 days of fun featuring celebrity guests, comic book creators, voice actors, industry guests, cosplayers, artists, writers, panels, Q&A’s, films & shorts, costume & cosplay contests, vendors, parties, anime, workshops, video gaming and more!
Some of the highlights for Florida Supercon 2016 include:
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Celebration: William Shatner “Captain Kirk”, Walter Koenig “Pavel Chekov”, Michael Dorn “Worf”, Denise Crosby “Tasha Yar”, Robert Picardo “The Doctor”, René Auberjonois “Odo”, Robert Duncan McNeill “Tom Paris”, David Warner “Chancellor Gorkon & St. John Talbot”, Chase Masterson “Leeta the Bajoran”, and Star Trek: The Motion Picture Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow star: Casper Crump “Vandal Savage”.
- FOX’S Gotham star: Ben McKenzie “Jim Gordon”.
- Doctor Who star: Alex Kingston “River Song.”
- The Walking Dead Cast Members: Michael Cudlitz “Abraham Ford”, and Denise Crosby “Mary”.
- Star Wars Cast Members: Jeremy Bulloch “Boba Fett”, Tim Rose “Admiral Ackbar”, Jessica Henwick “Jessika Pava”, Chris Parsons “4-Lom”, and Star Wars: A New Hope special effects co-ordinator Bruce Logan.
- First Time Ever TRON Reunion: Bruce Boxleitner “TRON”, David Warner “Sark”, Cindy Morgan “Yori”, and TRON Cinematographer Bruce Logan.
- Game of Thrones cast members: Natalia Tena “Osha” and Jessica Henwick “Nymeria Sand”.
- Harry Potter stars: Natalia Tena “Tonks”, and Devon Murray “Seamus Finnigan”.
- Sesame Street cast members: Emilio Delgado “Luis” and Bob McGrath “Bob Johnson”.
- Steven Universe stars: Zach Callison “Steven”, Michaela Dietz “Amethyst”, and Grace Rolek “Connie”.
- Wrestling Superstars: Mick Foley, Diamond Dallas Page, Mickie James, The Godfather, Road Warrior Animal, and Demolition.
- Pokémon 20th Anniversary Celebration: Veronica Taylor “Ash Ketchum”, Michael Liscio Jr. “Clemont and Inkay”, Tara Sands “Bulbasaur, Richie, Sammy, Oddish and Jasmine”, Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld “Bonnie, Nurse Joy, Jasmine and Audino”, and Haven Paschall “Serena, Concordia, and Ellie”.
- Anime Stars: Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, Ouran High School Host Club), Caitlin Glass (Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Ouran High School), Steve Blum (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo), Trina Nishimura (Attack on Titan, Witchblade, Claymore), and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Ghost In The Shell, Sailor Moon).
- Animation Stars: Tara Strong (Teen Titans Go), Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies), Jim Cummings (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck), Larry Kenney (Thundercats, Count Chocula), Charles Martinet (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Toadsworth, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi for Nintendo), Steve Blum (Transformers: Prime, Wolverine and the X-Men, Legend of Korra), and Andy Sipes (Triptank, Code Monkeys, and Archer).
- Dozens of Comic Book Artists and Writers: Keith Giffen, Greg Capullo, Fabian Nicieza, Joe Keatinge, Leila del Duca, Neal Adams, José Luis Garcia-Lopez, Jorge Molina, Ramón Pérez, Jill Thompson, Colleen Doran, Scott Kolins, Allen Bellman, Scott Hepburn, Trevor Von Eeden, Elliot S! Maggin, Brad Walker, Khary Randolph, John Beatty, Shawn Crystal, Brent Schoonover, Cory Smith, Tony Bedard, Mateus Santolouco, Tony Bedard, Jose Delbo, Greg Horn, Andy Kuhn, and many more!
- Power Ranger Cast Members: Austin St. John, Christopher Khayman Lee, Steve Cardenas, and Dan Southworth.
- More celebrities including: Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Children’s Hospital, The Waterboy), Kel Mitchell (Kenan & Kel, Good Burger, Mystery Men), Lisa Corrao (Every Witch Way), and many more to be announced!
- Multiple costume and cosplay events each day of the show, with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes on the line!
- Over 500,000 square feet of convention space featuring 700 booths and tables with vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers, and exhibits. 3 stages of entertainment, video games, plus a dozen rooms for panels, tabletop gaming and screenings.
Click here to get tickets.
FSC is JULY 1-4, 2016
THE MIAMI BEACH CONVENTION CENTER & FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH AT THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATER
1901 Convention Center Dr. • Miami Beach, FL 33139 • 305.673.7311
SUPERCON PHONE: 954.399.1330 email@example.com
Comments Off on CA – Talkin’ Toons LIVE
Voice actor Rob Paulsen welcomes Steve Blum (The Legend of Korra, Cowboy Bebop) and Troy Baker (Batman: Arkham Origins, The Last of Us) to Talkin’ Toons LIVE on Tuesday February 18, 2014 at 8:00 PM at the Hollywood Improv!
The world-famous Hollywood Improv is proud to invite you to join Emmy and Annie award winner Rob Paulsen as he talks about his experiences in voice acting!
About Rob Paulsen:
Born in Detroit, Rob Paulsen spent his childhood in Livonia and Rochester, attending Junior and Senior high school in Grand Blanc, Michigan. Rob loved cartoons like most kids but aspired to be a professional hockey player. “Fortunately, thanks to some big, strong, kid from Winnipeg who drilled me so hard my ears are still ringing, I learned around age 18 I had neither the talent nor the temperament to make a living playing hockey. So, I turned to my other passions: singing and acting.”
The goal of bringing absolute believability to a fictional character, live-action or animated, is what every actor strives for. Those who are committed to their career and who combine experience, passion and skill are likely to succeed.
Those gifted with exceptional talent who focus on maximizing their potential by finding their own niche, quickly break away from the pack. After years of honing their craft and consistently delivering memorable performances in which the character impacts an indelible image on the viewer, the public and the industry take notice, singling out the best.
“I’m getting paid to do what I got in trouble for in the 7th grade,” jests Rob, who won a Daytime Emmy in 1999 as “Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program” for Pinky and The Brain (Warner Bros.) Though nominated twice previously, the victory was especially sweet due to some formidable competition – fellow nominees Louie Anderson, Ernest Borgnine, Dennis Franz and Jeffery Tambor. In addition to his Emmy, Rob won back-to-back Annie Awards in 1997 and 1998. “I absolutely love what I do and thank my lucky stars for twenty-five years of full-time employment in this business,” he says.
“It’s a treat to portray a complex character,” Rob explains about Pinky, a goof-ball mouse with funny teeth, a head filled with clouds and an inane imagination that is punctuated with a staccato laugh. “Besides … where else could I find a job where emotional outbursts and odd exclamations like ‘Egad!,’ ‘Narf!,’ ‘Poit!,’ ‘Splonk!,’ and ‘Zort!’ are allowed and in fact, encouraged?” With over 2,000 half-hours of animation to his credit, Rob’s versatility shines in his starring roles as the voices of Yakko, Pinky and Dr. Scratch ‘n’ Sniff in the Peabody and two-time Emmy award-winning series “Animaniacs.”
Some of Rob’s other well-known animated characters include Raphael of the “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” Arthur in “The Tick,” the title role in “The Mask” (for a WHOLE lot less dough than Mr. Carrey, thank you), the title role in “Mighty Max,” Carl Wheezer in “Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius,” Jack Fenton in “Danny Phantom,” Bobble in the “Tinkerbell” series of DVDs and hopefully more to come.
Paulsen’s extensive credits include on-camera roles in numerous motion pictures including Body Double, Stewardess School, Eyes of Fire, The Perfect Match, and Warlocked. His television acting credits include guest-starring roles on MacGyver and St. Elsewhere. Additionally, he is one of the most sought-after voice actors in the commercial arena, performing in over 1000 commercial spots.
As passionate about “paying it forward” as he is about his lucrative career, Rob supports various charitable organizations, particularly those benefiting children and military veterans. Rob’s volunteer work with GOALmodels has been particularly rewarding. GOALmodels, a high school program in Reseda, California, is designed to inspire 9th graders to set goals and overcome obstacles in life. Blending his life experiences with passion for his work, his presentations are informative, entertaining and inspiring. In his leisure time, Rob enjoys golf, riding his motorcycle and occasionally lacing up his skates for another chance to relive his past glory on the rink. He spends the majority of his free time with his wife, Parrish, and their two Yorkshire terriers, Pooshie and Tala.
8162 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90048
Comments Off on Anime Boston 2013 Welcomes Back Kari Wahlgren
Actress Kari Wahlgren returns for an appearance at Anime Boston 2013!
Anime audiences were first introduced to Kari Wahlgren as the Vespa-riding, guitar-bashing Haruko in FLCL. Since then, she has played a number of anime roles, including Celty in Durarara, Kagami in Lucky Star, Saya in Blood+, Robin in Witch Hunter Robin, Fuu in Samurai Champloo, Tsuruya in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Cher in Wolf’s Rain, Lavie in Last Exile, Anemone in Eureka 7, Tayuya in Naruto and Blue Rose in the upcoming Tiger and Bunny.
Wahlgren also provided the voice of Ariel in the movie Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, Scarlett in the anime feature Steamboy and the Princess in the movie Naruto: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow. She’s also voiced Emma Frost in Wolverine and the X-Men and currently plays Tigress on Nickelodeon’s Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness.
Wahlgren has also done voicework for over a hundred video games, including the Jedi Female Knight in Star Wars: The Old Republic, Gwen Stacy in The Amazing Spider-Man, Elika in Prince of Persia, Ashe in Final Fantasy XII, Shelke in Final Fantasy: Dirge of Cerebus, Vicki Vale in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Barbara Johnson in Bioshock II.
Wahlgren occasionally steps out from behind the microphone to do on-camera work. She had a recurring role as Helen in the Wizarding Office on Disney’s Wizards of Waverly Place and played Tink in the indie film Neverland. She has also appeared in commercials for Swiffer as the Mud Girl, T.J. Maxx, Lexus and Rolling Rock.
Anime Boston is a three-day convention held annually in Boston, Massachusetts, USA under the supervision of the New England Anime Society. Its focus is to celebrate and promote Japanese animation, comics, and pop-culture. This year’s convention will be held on May 24-26th at the Hynes Convention Center. For more details and tickets please visit the website: www.animeboston.com