ROB THOMAS, creator of the television series Veronica Mars, appears at Book Soup on Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 7:00 PM to speak and sign Mr. Kiss and Tell: Veronica Mars 2.
8818 Sunset Blvd, W. Hollywood, CA 90069
ROB THOMAS, creator of the television series Veronica Mars, appears at BookPeople on Friday, January 30, 2015 at 7:00 PM to speak and sign Mr. Kiss and Tell: Veronica Mars 2.
In the second book in the New York Times bestselling mystery series, Veronica Mars is back with a case that will expose the hidden workings of one of Neptune’s most murderous locations. We’re lucky to call Rob Thomas, the creator of the television series Veronica Mars and the co-creator of the television series Party Down, an Austinite. Join us tonight as we give him a good ol’ hometown welcome!
The speaking portion of this event is free and open to the public.
Tickets are required to join the signing line at this event.
Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of Mr. Kiss and Tell from BookPeople.
Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate “ticket” item to add to your cart. Books & tickets are now available to pre-order.
If you cannot make it to the event, you can order a signed copy. Add the book to your cart and write “SIGNED COPY” in the comments field during checkout. We ship all over the world!
603 N. Lamar, Austin TX 78703
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP AMPS UP THE ACTION AT COMIC-CON® 2014 WITH SUPER HEROES, SUPER-VILLAINS, SCIENTISTS, VAMPIRES, VIGILANTES AND A MASSIVE SATURDAY NIGHT EVENT WITH DC ENTERTAINMENT
Studio Brings 15 Series to Comic-Con from Top Producers Including Greg Berlanti, Bruno Heller, Greg Plageman, Julie Plec, Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright, Kevin Williamson and Many More
In Addition to a First Ever Saturday Night WBTV/DC Entertainment Event, Fans Won’t Want to Miss Panels and Signings with the Stars and Producers of Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Childrens Hospital, Constantine, The Flash, The Following, Gotham, The 100, iZOMBIE, Mike Tyson Mysteries, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries
BURBANK, Calif. (July 02, 2014) — It wouldn’t be summer without a sizzling, action-packed lineup from Warner Bros. Television Group at Comic-Con International: San Diego. The Studio returns to the world’s leading pop-culture convention in 2014 with 15 series, including 10 returning fan-favorite shows and five programs making their much-anticipated Comic-Con debut. Plus, for the first-time ever, Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment are joining forces for an epic special Saturday night event on July 26, as previously announced, featuring super heroes, Super-Villains, screenings and special appearances, including the world premiere of Gotham.
Participating in all the action are Comic-Con favorites and new additions including The Following’s Kevin Bacon; The Vampire Diaries’ Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins; The Flash’s Grant Gustin (Arrow); Constantine’s Matt Ryan and Harold Perrineau (Lost); The Originals’ Joseph Morgan; Childrens Hospital’s Rob Corddry; Mike Tyson Mysteries’ Mike Tyson; and cast members from Gotham — to name just a few — who will join producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash), Greg Plageman (Person of Interest), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals), Jason Rothenberg (The 100), Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright (iZOMBIE, Veronica Mars), Kevin Williamson (The Following, The Vampire Diaries) and many more to deliver the ultimate experience for fans, with screenings, panel sessions, autograph signings and media appearances.
- Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment have your Saturday night all taken care of with a three-hour special event on July 26 featuring the world premiere of Gotham (the only time Gotham will screen during Comic-Con), a screening of The Flash pilot, and footage from the much-anticipated Constantine pilot and from the upcoming third season of Arrow.
- Comic-Con essentials Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Childrens Hospital, The Following, The 100, The Originals, Person of Interest, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries are all back in San Diego.
- World-premiere screenings of complete pilot episodes of highly anticipated new WBTV series The Flash, Constantine and iZOMBIE on Preview Night, plus an advance look at a new episode of Teen Titans Go!
- The Studio’s 2,400-square foot booth will once again be a must-visit destination on the convention floor
- For additional info on the Studio’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv — official hashtag #WBSDCC — and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.
- To connect with WBTVG in the social space — including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers — check out the social media contacts page here: http://bit.ly/1mhkeCC
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 23
6:00 p.m. — It’s OK, you can peek — WBTV gets Comic-Con off to a dramatic start for the seventh year in a row by hosting a special sneak peek, world-premiere screening event on Preview Night, debuting some of the most hotly anticipated new series of the year. For 2014, WBTV will screen the complete pilot episodes of The Flash, Constantine and iZOMBIE. Additionally, Warner Bros. Animation will unveil a brand-new episode of Teen Titans Go! Ballroom 20
- The Flash: From the Arrow creative team of executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg and director David Nutter, The Flash is a fast-paced super hero drama based upon the characters from DC Comics that follows the high-speed adventures of the Fastest Man Alive. With a pilot written by Berlanti, Kreisberg and DC Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, the action drama follows police scientist and everyday guy Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), who, after an unexpected Particle Accelerator accident, is suddenly charged with the ability to move at incredible speeds, which he uses to help the people of Central City.
- Constantine: Based upon the characters from DC Comics and executive produced by Daniel Cerone (Dexter) and David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, The Dark Knight films), Constantine reflects the lore of the fan-favorite comic, combining noirish storytelling with the evolving mythology of John Constantine (Matt Ryan), a morally challenged character who doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil … but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond.
- iZOMBIE: Co-created and executive produced by Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright (Veronica Mars), along with executive producers Danielle Stokdyk and Dan Etheridge (also of Veronica Mars), Rose McIver (Masters of Sex, Once Upon a Time) stars as Olivia “Liv” Moore, a 25-year-old medical resident on the fast track to a perfect life … until she’s turned into a zombie. Liv transfers her residency to the coroner’s office for access to the brains she must reluctantly eat, but with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse’s memories. With her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she now solves homicides to quiet the voices in her head. iZOMBIE is based upon characters created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred for Vertigo.
- Teen Titans Go!: Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy and Raven continue the fun in Teen Titans Go! with all-new comedic adventures, giving viewers a look at what life is really like as a teen super hero … once the cape comes off.
WBTV/WBA SERIES SCHEDULE
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional information on panel sessions, signings and other events will be provided as news breaks.
THURSDAY, JULY 24
- 6:00–7:00 p.m. — Childrens Hospital (New episodes in 2015, Adult Swim): Creator and star Rob Corddry will share an exclusive video sneak peek at season six and will be joined onstage by select members of the show’s cast for a lively — and medically accurate — Q&A. Room 25ABC
FRIDAY, JULY 25
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. — The Big Bang Theory (Mondays 8/7c CBS, season premiere September 22; Thursdays 8/7c CBS beginning October 30): Back by popular demand! The Big Bang Theory writers are back in San Diego and ready to share secrets behind TV’s #1 comedy. Ballroom 20
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. — iZOMBIE (Midseason on The CW): iZOMBIE makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the complete pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars Rose McIver (Once Upon a Time), Malcolm Goodwin (Breakout Kings), newcomer Rahul Kohli and Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill), as well as executive producers Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars) and Diane Ruggiero-Wright (Veronica Mars). Room 6BCF
- 2:30–3:15 p.m. — Mike Tyson Mysteries (Premiering this fall, Adult Swim): In this new animated comedy series, Mike Tyson is taking the fight from the boxing ring to the streets … by solving mysteries! Join us for a first look at this new adult animated series and a can’t-miss panel featuring Mike Tyson, Rachel Ramras (MAD), Jim Rash (Community) and producer Hugh Davidson (The Looney Tunes Show). Indigo Ballroom
- 3:15–4:15 p.m. — The 100 (Wednesdays 9/8c The CW, season premiere October 22): After the stunning events in the season finale, join us for a special video presentation followed by a Q&A with series stars as well as executive producer Jason Rothenberg. Room 6BCF
- 4:15–5:15 p.m. — The Originals (Mondays 8/7c The CW, season premiere October 6): Last season’s top new series on The CW returns to Comic-Con! Join executive producer Julie Plec, co-executive producer Michael Narducci and series stars Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Leah Pipes and Danielle Campbell for a special video presentation followed by a Q&A. Ballroom 20
- 5:30–6:30 p.m. — Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c The CW, season premiere October 8): Arrow series stars Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne and John Barrowman — with executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg — will take aim at San Diego with a special video presentation and panel discussion previewing the show’s upcoming and highly-anticipated third season. Ballroom 20
SATURDAY, JULY 26
- 4:00–4:45 p.m. — The Vampire Diaries (Thursdays 8/7c The CW, season premiere October 2): The cast and creative team behind The Vampire Diaries return to San Diego for a sizzling sixth appearance at Comic-Con! Series stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder and Kat Graham join executive producer/writer Julie Plec on stage for a video screening and Q&A session. Ballroom 20
- 5:15–6:15 p.m. — Constantine (Fridays 10/9c NBC, series premiere October 24): Based upon the characters from DC Comics, Constantine reflects the lore of the fan-favorite comic, combining noirish storytelling with the evolving mythology of John Constantine, a morally challenged character who doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil … but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond. Attendees will see a screening of the complete pilot, followed by a Q&A with series stars Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior), Harold Perrineau (Lost) and Charles Halford (True Detective), along with executive producers Daniel Cerone (Dexter) and David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, The Dark Knight films). Room 6BCF
- 6:15–7:00 p.m. — Person of Interest (Tuesdays 10/9c CBS, season premiere September 23): The smash hit Person of Interest returns to San Diego for the fourth year! Join executive producer Greg Plageman along with series stars for a special video presentation and Q&A. Room 6BCF
- 8:00–11:00 p.m. — Warner Bros. Television & DC Entertainment Present: The Flash, Constantine, Arrow and the World Premiere of Gotham with Special Appearances by Casts and Producers: For the first time ever at Comic-Con, Warner Bros. Television presents an entire evening filled with some of DC Entertainment’s greatest characters, featuring the world premiere pilot screening — and only Comic-Con screening — of the highly anticipated new series Gotham (Mondays this fall, 8/7c on FOX). The much-buzzed about pilot of The Flash will also be screened — if you can catch it — along with exclusive video presentations of returning hit Arrow and new thriller Constantine. Cast members and producers from all four shows will make special appearances on stage throughout the night. Hall H
SUNDAY, JULY 27
- 10:00–11:00 a.m. — Supernatural (Tuesdays 9/8c The CW, Season Premiere October 7): Join series stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Mark A. Sheppard, along with executive producer Jeremy Carver as they answer questions from the audience about what’s in store for the tenth season of this exciting series, including its upcoming 200th episode! Fans will also be treated to an exclusive video presentation featuring series highlights, and special features from the upcoming Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season DVD and Blu-ray™ release. Hall H
- 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. — The Following (Midseason on FOX): Hit thriller The Following returns to Comic-Con for a third year! Series stars Kevin Bacon, Shawn Ashmore, Sam Underwood and Jessica Stroup will join creator/executive producer Kevin Williamson and executive producers Marcos Siega and Jennifer Johnson for an on-stage Q&A and special video presentation. Hall H
- 11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m. — Teen Titans Go! (Thursdays 6/5c Cartoon Network): Find out what’s in store for Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Raven — or just throw a meatball party with your friends! The Teen Titans are back at it again with all-new comedic adventures and, after screening a brand-new episode, there will be a Q&A with producers Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD) and members of the voice cast. Plus, making a special appearance at the panel will be Puffy AmiYumi, the Japanese pop duo responsible for the iconic theme song from the original Teen Titans series. Room 6BCF
BEVERLY HILLS, CA, FEBRUARY 12, 2014– The Paley Center for Media today announced the full lineup of special guest panelists scheduled to appear forthe 31st annual ultimate TV fan festival, PALEYFEST: The William S. Paley Television Festival, which will take place March 13-28, 2014 at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland.
The annual two week event will host more than 200 of the hottest stars and creative talents in media and will feature two reunion events: a 10th anniversary Lost reunion on March 16 and a Veronica Mars series reunion (the day prior to the March 14 nationwide release of the series-inspired movie), as well as honor standout series including Orange Is the New Black, How I Met Your Mother Farewell, Pretty Little Liars, Parks and Recreation, Sleepy Hollow, Mad Men, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Masters of Sex, The Mindy Project, Community, Veep, and American Horror Story: Coven.
The full PALEYFEST 2014 panelist lineup is as follows (panelists to appear schedule permitting), plus additional panelists to be announced:
Thursday, March 13, 2014: Opening Night Presentation:Veronica Mars (7:00 pm)
Moderator: Alan Sepinwall, Television Critic, HitFix.com
Rob Thomas, Creator & Executive Producer
Kristen Bell, “Veronica Mars”
Jason Dohring, “Logan Echolls”
Enrico Colantoni, “Keith Mars”
Chris Lowell, “Stosh ‘Piz’ Piznarski”
Ryan Hansen, “Dick Casablancas”
Percy Daggs III, “Wallace Fennel”
Additional panelists to be announced.
Friday, March 14, 2014,Orange Is the New Black (7:00 pm)
Taylor Schilling, “Piper Chapman”
Jason Biggs, “Larry Bloom”
Laura Prepon,”Alex Vause”
Natasha Lyonne, “Nicky Nichols”
Kate Mulgrew, “Galina ‘Red’ Reznikov”
Danielle Brooks, “Tasha ‘Taystee’ Jefferson”
Uzo Aduba, “Suzanne ‘Crazy Eyes’ Warren”
Taryn Manning, “Tiffany ‘Pennsatucky’ Doggett”
Yael Stone, “Lorna Morello”
Laverne Cox, “Sophia Burset”
Michael Harney, “Sam Healy”
Lorraine Toussaint, “Vee”
Jenji Kohan, Creator & Executive Producer
Saturday, March 15, 2014,How I Met Your Mother Series Farewell
Carter Bays, Creator & Executive Producer
Craig Thomas, Creator & Executive Producer
Pamela Fryman, Executive Producer
Josh Radnor, “Ted Mosby”
Alyson Hannigan, “Lily Aldrin”
Cobie Smulders, “Robin Scherbatsky”
Cristin Milioti, “The Mother”
Additional panelists to be announced.
Sunday, March 16, 2014:Pretty Little Liars (1:00 pm)
Moderator: Damian Holbrook, Senior Writer, TV Guide Magazine
Lucy Hale, “Aria Montgomery”
Troian Bellisario, “Spencer Hastings”
Shay Mitchell, “Emily Fields,
Sasha Pieterse, “Alison DiLaurentis”
Ian Harding, “Ezra Fitz”
Janel Parrish, “Mona Vanderwaal”
Keegan Allen, “Toby Cavanaugh”
I. Marlene King, Executive Producer
Oliver Goldstick, Executive Producer
Joseph Dougherty, Executive Producer
Sunday, March 16, 2014:Lost 10th Anniversary Reunion
Josh Holloway, “James ‘Sawyer’ Ford”
Daniel Dae Kim, “Jin Kwon”
Yunjin Kim, “Sun Kwon”
Jorge Garcia, “Hugo ‘Hurley’ Reyes”
Emilie de Ravin, “Claire Littleton”
Ian Somerhalder, “Boone Carlyle”
Nestor Carbonell, “Richard Alpert”
Henry Ian Cusick, “Desmond Hume”
Malcolm David Kelley, “Walt Lloyd”
Damon Lindelof, Executive Producer
Carlton Cuse, Executive Producer
Additional panelists to be announced.
Tuesday, March 18, 2014: Parks and Recreation (7:00 pm)
Moderator: Kristin Dos Santos, Reporter, E! News and E! Online
Amy Poehler, “Leslie Knope”
Adam Scott, “Ben Wyatt”
Aubrey Plaza, “April Ludgate”
Chris Pratt, “Andy Dwyer”
Retta, “Donna Meagle”
Jim O’Heir, “Larry Gengurch”
Greg Daniels, Creator & Executive Producer
Michael Schur, Creator & Executive Producer
Wednesday, March 19, 2014: Sleepy Hollow (7:00 pm)
Alex Kurtzman, Executive Producer
Roberto Orci, Executive Producer
Len Wiseman, Executive Producer
Mark Goffman, Executive Producer
Heather Kadin, Executive Producer
Ken Olin, Executive Producer
Tom Mison, “Ichabod Crane”
Nicole Beharie, “Lt. Abbie Mills”
Orlando Jones, “Capt. Frank Irving”
Katia Winter, “Katrina Crane”
Additional panelists to be announced.
Friday, March 21, 2014: Mad Men (7:00 pm)
Jon Hamm, “Don Draper”
January Jones, “Betty Francis”
Elisabeth Moss, “Peggy Olson”
Vincent Kartheiser, “Pete Campbell”
Christina Hendricks, “Joan Harris”
John Slattery, “Roger Sterling”
Kiernan Shipka, “Sally Draper”
Additional panelists to be announced.
Saturday, March 22, 2014: The Vampire Diaries & The Originals (7:00 pm)
The Vampire Diaries: Moderator, Kristin Dos Santos, Reporter, E! News & E! Online
Nina Dobrev, “Elena Gilbert / Katherine Pierce”
Paul Wesley, “Stefan Salvatore”
Ian Somerhalder, “Damon Salvatore”
Julie Plec, Executive Producer
Caroline Dries, Executive Producer
The Originals: Moderator: Jarett Wieselman, Senior Editor, BuzzFeed
Joseph Morgan, “Klaus Mikaelson”
Daniel Gillies, “Elijah Mikaelson”
Phoebe Tonkin, “Hayley”
Charles Michael Davis, “Marcel Gerard”
Leah Pipes, “Camille O’Connell”
Danielle Campbell, “Davina”
Julie Plec, Creator & Executive Producer
Michael Narducci, Coexecutive Producer
Sunday, March 23, 2014: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (1:00 pm)
Clark Gregg, “Phil Coulson”
Ming-Na Wen, “Melinda May”
Brett Dalton, “Grant Ward”
Chloe Bennett, “Skye”
Elizabeth Henstridge, “Jemma Simmons”
Iain De Caestecker, “Leo Fitz”
Jed Whedon, Executive Producer
Maurissa Tancharoen, Executive Producer
Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer
Jeffrey Bell, Executive Producer
Monday, March 24, 2014: Masters of Sex (7:00 pm)
Michael Sheen, “Dr. William Masters”
Lizzy Caplan, “Virginia Johnson”
Caitlin FitzGerald, “Libby Masters”
Teddy Sears, “Dr. Austin Langham”
Michelle Ashford, Executive Producer
Sarah Timberman, Executive Producer
Additional panelists to be announced.
Tuesday, March 25, 2014: The Mindy Project (7:00 pm)
Moderator: Jarett Wieselman, Senior Editor, Entertainment, BuzzFeed.com
Mindy Kaling , “Mindy Lahiri“ & Executive Producer
Chris Messina, “Danny Castellano”
Ed Weeks, “Jeremy Reed”
Ike Barinholtz, “Morgan Tookers” & Co-producer
Zoe Jarman, “Betsy Putch”
Beth Grant, “Beverly Janoszewski”
Xosha Roquemore, “Tamra Webb”
Adam Pally, “Peter Prentice”
Matt Warburton, Executive Producer
Wednesday, March 26: Community (7:00 pm)
Joel McHale: “Jeff Winger”
Gillian Jacobs: “Britta Perry”
Yvette Nicole Brown: “Shirley Bennett”
Danny Pudi: “Abed Nadir”
Alison Brie: “Annie Edison”
Ken Jeong, “Ben Chang”
Jim Rash: “Dean Pelton”
Dan Harmon, Executive Producer
Chris McKenna, Executive Producer
Thursday, March 27, 2014: Veep (7:00 pm)
Armando Iannucci, Executive Producer, Director, Writer
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, “Selina Meyer” & Producer
Tony Hale, “Gary Walsh”
Anna Chlumsky, “Amy Brookheimer”
Reid Scott, “Dan Egan”
Matt Walsh, “Mike McLintock”
Timothy Simons, ”Jonah Ryan”
Sufe Bradshaw, “Sue Wilson”
Kevin Dunn, “Ben Cafferty”
Gary Cole, “Kent Davison”
Friday, March 28, 2014: Closing Night Presentation-American Horror Story: Coven
Ryan Murphy, Creator & Executive Producer
Brad Falchuk, Creator & Executive Producer
Dante Di Loreto, Executive Producer
Tim Minear, Executive Producer
Sarah Paulson, “Cordelia Goode”
Evan Peters, “Kyle Spencer”
Frances Conroy, “Myrtle Snow”
Lily Rabe, “Misty Day”
Emma Roberts, “Madison Montgomery”
Denis O’Hare, “Spalding”
Angela Bassett, “Marie Laveau”
Gabourey Sidibe, ‘Queenie”
Jamie Brewer, “Nan”
Additional panelists to be announced.
About The Paley Center for Media:
The Paley Center for Media seeks to preserve the past, illuminate the present, and envision the future through the lens of media. With the nation’s foremost public archive of television, radio, and Internet programming, the Paley Center produces programs and forums for the public, industry professionals, thought leaders, and the creative community to explore the evolving ways in which we create, consume, and share news and entertainment. In an era of unprecedented change, the Paley Center advances the understanding of media and its impact on our lives. The Paley Center for Media was founded in 1975 by William S. Paley, a pioneering innovator in the industry. For more information, please visit www.paleycenter.org.
About the Citi Private Pass Program:
Through the Citi Private Pass program, Citi cardmembers enjoy access to more than 10,000 events each year across music, sports, dining, comedy and family entertainment. These experiences range from preferred tickets and early access to top concert tours and sporting events to curated special events such as youth clinics with sports heroes, and VIP concert experiences including pre-show performances and Q&A.
Comments Off on Scene on the Web Weekly: March 18-24, 2013
Rob Thomas hopes to show some Veronica Mars footage at SDCC, SPX exhibitors have some table registration woes, fans show off photos from MegaCon, and more.