Mark your calendars for Sunday April 6th as Wellesley Books presents best-selling young adult authors Eoin Colfer, Ridley Pearson, Jonathan Stroud, and Rick Riordan in this exclusive Mega-Awesome Adventures author showcase! This event will be held at the Dana Hall School in their Waldo Auditorium (45 Dana Road, Wellesley)
This is a ticketed event. Tickets are now on sale. Tickets are $20 and include ONE book, pre-signed by the author of your choice, which must be selected at the time of ticket purchase from the following options: W.A.R.P: Reluctant Assassin (Colfer); Kingdom Keepers I: Disney After Dark (Pearson); Kingdom Keepers VII: The Insider (Pearson); Lockwood & Co.: The Screaming Staircase (Stroud); The Heroes of Olympus 1: The Lost Hero (Riordan); or The Heroes of Olympus 4: House of Hades (Riordan). The books will be available for pick-up at the event.
Please note: Copies of each book are limited and available on a first come, first serve basis. Additional pre-signed copies by all of the authors can also be purchased the day of the event (while supplies last). Authors will not be personalizing any books purchased nor items attendees bring from home. Tickets can be purchased online (below), over the phone at (781) 431.1160, or in the store. For any additional questions, please contact Wellesley Books at (781) 431-1160.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Eoin Colfer is the New York Times best-selling author of the Artemis Fowl series, Airman, Half Moon Investigations, The Supernaturalist, Eoin Colfer’s Legend of… books, The Wish List, Benny and Omar; and Benny and Babe. He lives in Ireland with his wife and two children. Visit eoincolfer.com for more information.
Ridley Pearson is the award-winning author of multiple adventure series for (young-ish) readers, including The Kingdom Keepers, Steel Trapp, and with Dave Barry, Peter and the Starcatchers. Ridley is also a best-selling crime novelist of more than 25 titles. Pearson was the first U.S. citizen to be awarded the Raymond Chandler/Fulbright Fellowship in Detective Fiction at Oxford University. He lives in St. Louis, MO with his wife and two daughters. Visit ridleypearson.com for more information.
Jonathan Stroud is the author of the New York Times best-selling Bartimaeus Trilogy, as well as Heroes of the Valley, The Leap, The Last Siege, and Buried Fire. He lives in England with his family. Visit jonathanstroud.com for more information.
Rick Riordan is the author of the # 1 New York Times best-selling The Heroes of Olympus series; the #1 New York Times best-selling Kane Chronicles series; and the five books in the #1 New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. His previous novels for adults include the hugely popular Tres Navarre series, winner of the top three awards in the mystery genre. He lives in Boston, Massachusetts with his wife and two sons.Visit rickriordan.com for more information.
ABOUT THE BOOKS:
Eoin Colfer’s WARP: Riley, a teen orphan boy living in Victorian London, has had the misfortune of being apprenticed to Albert Garrick, an illusionist who has fallen on difficult times and now uses his unique conjuring skills to gain access to victims’ dwellings. On one such escapade, Garrick brings his reluctant apprentice along and urges him to commit his first killing. Riley is saved from having to commit the grisly act when the intended victim turns out to be a scientist from the future, part of the FBI’s Witness Anonymous Relocation Program (WARP) Riley is unwittingly transported via wormhole to modern day London, followed closely by Garrick. In modern London, Riley is helped by Chevron Savano, a nineteen-year-old FBI agent sent to London as punishment after a disastrous undercover, anti-terrorist operation in Los Angeles. Together Riley and Chevie must evade Garrick, who has been fundamentally altered by his trip through the wormhole. Garrick is now not only evil, but he also possesses all of the scientist’s knowledge. He is determined to track Riley down and use the timekey in Chevie’s possession to make his way back to Victorian London where he can literally change the world.
Ridley Pearson’s Kingdom Keepers VII: The Insider: The Kingdom Keepers’ senior year in high school is almost over. For more than three years, things have been quiet. Their battles are long behind them, they agree, the threat to the Disney realm silenced—albeit at great cost. But inside the catacombs of the Aztec temple where Finn Whitman faced down his nemesis the monstrous Chernabog, a new threat brews.
Jonathan Stroud’s Screaming Staircase: A sinister Problem has occurred in London: all nature of ghosts, haunts, spirits, and specters are appearing throughout the city, and they aren’t exactly friendly. Only young people have the psychic abilities required to see-and eradicate-these supernatural foes. Many different Psychic Detection Agencies have cropped up to handle the dangerous work, and they are in fierce competition for business. In The Screaming Staircase, the plucky and talented Lucy Carlyle teams up with Anthony Lockwood, the charismatic leader of Lockwood & Co, a small agency that runs independent of any adult supervision. After an assignment leads to both a grisly discovery and a disastrous end, Lucy, Anthony, and their sarcastic colleague, George, are forced to take part in the perilous investigation of Combe Carey Hall, one of the most haunted houses in England. Will Lockwood & Co. survive the Hall’s legendary Screaming Staircase and Red Room to see another day? Readers who enjoyed the action, suspense, and humor in Jonathan Stroud’s internationally best-selling Bartimaeus books will be delighted to find the same ingredients, combined with deliciously creepy scares, in his thrilling and chilling Lockwood & Co. series.
Rick Riordan’s House of Hades: At the conclusion of The Mark of Athena, Annabeth and Percy tumble into a pit leading straight to the Underworld. The other five demigods have to put aside their grief and follow Percy’s instructions to find the mortal side of the Doors of Death. If they can fight their way through the Gaea’s forces, and Percy and Annabeth can survive the House of Hades, then the Seven will be able to seal the Doors from both sides and prevent the giants from raising Gaea. But, Leo wonders, if the Doors are sealed, how will Percy and Annabeth be able to escape? The stakes are higher than ever in this adventure that dives into the depths of Tartarus.
Dana Hall School – Waldo Auditorium
45 Dana Road, Wellesley, MA 02482-5714
Comments Off on D23 Expo 2013 Plans Include Marvel’s First Appearance in the DCP Showcase
Disney Consumer Products Takes Fans on Journey from Sketch to Shelf at Disney’s D23 Expo 2013
Disney’s Ultimate Fans to Enjoy Access to Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Content and Merchandise
D23 Expo 2013
GLENDALE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Disney Consumer Products (DCP) will give Disney’s most loyal fans an up close look at an extensive collection of interactive experiences and merchandise that celebrate Disney, Marvel and Star Wars timeless characters during the bi-annual D23 Expo, the ultimate Disney fan event. Held at the Anaheim Convention Center from Aug. 9-11, 2013, Disney fans will have the chance to follow their favorite products from “sketch to shelf” and learn how Disney Consumer Products extends storytelling from character and content extension to product development through featured discussions, art and sculptures and final product displays.
While at the D23 Expo fans will also be able to immerse themselves in exhibits, hands-on demonstrations, special signing opportunities and exclusive product offerings at the Disney Consumer Products Pavilion.
Disney Consumer Products’ exciting lineup of events and attractions includes:
Celebrating Disney, Marvel and Star Wars
- Disney Junior Fun Spot – Get a sneak peek of brand-new toys before they hit store shelves this fall and enjoy special giveaways while supplies last.
- Disney Princess Ariel-Themed Sephora Pop-up Shop – Sephora Pro artists and manicurists will give attendees the royal treatment with products from the Disney Ariel Collection by Sephora. The collection will be available for purchase along with an exclusive-to-D23 Expo-only Swarovski crystal-encrusted Ariel compact mirror. Attendees will receive starfish hair clips with every complimentary beauty service each day, while supplies last.
- The Mystical World of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Frozen – See feature animation art concepts, storyboards, unreleased film clips, and products from the mystical world of Frozen, the daring comedy-adventure from Walt Disney Animation Studios releasing in November 2013.
- Steamboat Willie Redux – Celebrate the history and timelessness of your favorite character from the pioneering 1928 cartoon short,Steamboat Willie. Using the original story and characters as a template, each scene has been graphically re-interpreted by Disney artists and designers in a phenomenally fun mash-up tribute to Mickey Mouse.
- Spider-Man’s Ultimate Innovation – Come check out products on the cutting edge of product innovation and design featuring one of the most popular Super Heroes in the world, Spider-Man, in Marvel’s first-ever appearance in the DCP showcase at the D23 Expo.
- Star Wars at D23 Expo! – For the first time at the D23 Expo Star Wars fans can have access to experiences created for them by Lucasfilm and Disney. Darth Vader: The Evolution of a Villain, located in the DCP pavilion, showcases the development of the iconic villain from early concepts to striking realization. Crash Course in the Force: Star Wars Saga 101, presented by Lucasfilm’s resident authority Pablo Hidalgo in Stage 23, will give Star Wars newbies and experts alike a thorough grounding in all matters of the Force and the Star Wars legacy.
Fans will have the opportunity to participate in other immersive experiences, including: Find Your Voice with The Little Mermaid, a karaoke experience celebrating the music from the film; Journey through the Art of Tink, a gallery where Disney artists, designers, illustrators, and animators from around the world have re-imagined our magical, sassy and feisty fairy, Tinker Bell; What Makes a Puppet a Muppet?, which will help fans learn what it takes to create a Muppets “plush” and then create your own; Take a Ride with Disney•Pixar’s World of Cars and Disney’s Planes, which explains how the highly collectible diecast vehicles are made; Assembling The Avengers Franchise, an exclusive tour through the history of The Avengers and the chance to see the latest The Avengers products; and I heart Mickey & Minnie, a rarely seen collection of beloved Mickey Mouse toys, apparel, and accessories from past decades, along with a showcase of Minnie Mouse-inspired fashions from around the globe.
D23 Members attending the Expo are invited to attend the Disney Store signature store opening ceremony to “Unlock Imagination”, each morning at 9 a.m. at the Convention Center, when the D23 Expo floor opens for members. The 1,800-square-foot Disney Store retail space will be packed with the latest D23 Expo merchandise created by Disney Store and will feature guest artist signings. In addition, guests will find an array of products not yet available to the public, including a Disney∙Pixar capsule collection, which will bring together multiple characters from Disney∙Pixar’s cherished portfolio of films for the first time ever.
Presentations from Disney Store on the Disney Consumer Products Workshop Stage include:
- Disney Fairytale Designer Collection – Guest artist signing with Gerald Mendez and Jessica Fuchs (Friday, Aug. 9 – 10:15-11:15 a.m.)
- The Art of Ariel – Special guest artist signing with Gerald Mendez, Enrique Pita, Quincy Sutton, and Steve Thompson (Saturday, Aug. 10 – 10:15 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)
- Artist Series Two – On Sunday, Disney Store will launch Artist Series Two, a collection of merchandise with artwork created by Disney Store artists and will host a guest artist signing on stage with Robert Farrell, John T. Quinn III, Jeff Shelly, and Becky Wong (Saturday, Aug. 10 – 2 p.m.-3 p.m.)
Disney Publishing will take fans into the world of books, apps and everything in between by showcasing how artists, storytelling and innovative content combined creates stories full of magic and adventure. Guests can participate in live readings with Fairy Godmother on Friday, watch artists behind popular Disney stories sketch live on Saturday and get their hair styled like a Disney Princess by Sephora on Sunday with the help of the Disney Princess Royal Salon app. New books and never-before-seen lithographs featuring Peter Pan, Mickey Mouse and Sleeping Beauty will be available for sale inside the booth.
Disney Publishing’s Stage 28 presentations and signings include:
- Ridley Pearson and The Kingdom Keepers Insider App Quest – New York Times best-selling author Ridley Pearson embarks on a journey to write the seventh and final book in the Kingdom Keepers series—only this time, his readers are helping him write it! Join the author as he reveals how deception and betrayal rock the Kingdom Keepers’ world as the merciless group of Overtakers (Disney villains) stage an unexpected comeback (Presentation: Friday, Aug. 9 – 12 p.m.-1 p.m. Signing: 1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m., Talent Round Up).
- Dave Bossert Remembers Roy E. Disney with special guest Roy P. Disney – Dave Bossert and Roy P. Disney will share stories, drawings and candid photos found in Bossert’s new book Remembering Roy E. Disney: Memories and Photos of a Storied Life(Presentation: Friday, Aug. 9 – 1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. Signing: 2:45 – 3:45, The Dream Store).
- Disney Imagineering Legend Marty Sklar Presents…Dream It! Do It!: My Half-Century Creating Disney’s Magic Kingdoms – Disney Legend Marty Sklar will take guests through a presentation based on his new memoir—one that recounts his epic Disney adventure, including working as Walt’s literary right-hand man for the Disney Parks, writing a film expressing Walt’s philosophy for the Walt Disney World project and Epcot and opening nine of the 11 Disney parks around the world (Presentation: Friday, Aug. 9 – 3 p.m.-4 p.m. Signing: 4:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., Talent Round Up).
- The Evolution of Tinker Bell with Author Mindy Johnson – Join author, Mindy Johnson, for a sneak-peek into some of the never-before-seen images behind the development of everyone’s favorite fairy, Tinker Bell. Following this appearance Mindy will be signing her new book, Tinker Bell: An Evolution, at The Dream Store (Center Stage Presentation: Saturday, August 10 – 11:00-11:20 a.m. Signing: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., The Dream Store).
Tickets and pricing information for D23 Expo 2013 are available at D23Expo.com. Admission includes access to all experiences and entertainment at the D23 Expo and can be purchased for single days or for the full three days of festivities. Members of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans will receive a discount on admission, as well as early entry to each day of the D23 Expo for themselves and their guests. More details about D23 Expo entertainment, events, and special guests will be announced in the coming weeks. Fans can keep up with all the news by visiting D23Expo.com or by following “DisneyD23” on Twitter and Facebook.
About D23 Expo 2013
The D23 Expo—The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—brings the entire world of Disney under one roof, providing attendees with unprecedented access to Disney films, television, and theme parks. For the latest D23 Expo 2013 news, visit www.D23Expo.com. To be part of the D23 Expo conversation, make sure to follow @DisneyD23 and tag your tweets with #D23Expo.
The name “D23” pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his fledgling studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney’s nearly 90-year history. D23 gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com; and member-exclusive discounts and special events for D23 Members throughout the year, highlighted by the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California, August 9–11, 2013.
For logos, imagery and credential information, please visit www.D23MediaNet.com.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the world’s largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into consumers’ homes with products they can enjoy year-round. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around five strategic brand priorities: Disney Media, Classics & Entertainment, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Lucasfilm and Marvel. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world’s largest publisher of children’s books, magazines, and digital products and also includes an English language learning business, consisting of more than 40 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW’s growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps that leverage Disney content in innovative ways. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe, and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide and is known for providing consumers with high-quality, unique products. Disney’s official shopping portals online are www.DisneyStore.com and www.DisneyStore.co.uk. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products www.DisneyConsumerProducts.com or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving, www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving,www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving and http://www.Pinterest.com/DisneyLiving.