Legendary artist Rick Geary will speak at the ToonSeum about his career and new work in a FREE talk on Thursday, October 27th at 7:00 PM.
Geary began work in comics in 1977 and was for thirteen years a contributor to the Funny Pages of National Lampoon. His comic stories have also been published in Heavy Metal, Dark Horse Comics and the DC Comics/Paradox Press Big Books. His early comic work has been collected in Housebound with Rick Geary from Fantagraphics Books. During a four-year stay in New York, his illustrations appeared regularly in The New York Times Book Review. His illustration work has also been seen in MAD, Spy, Rolling Stone, The Los Angeles Times, The Old Farmer’s Almanac, and American Libraries.
He has written and illustrated three children’s books based on The Mask for Dark Horse and two Spider-Man children’s books for Marvel. His children’s comic “Society of Horrors” ran in Disney Adventures magazine. He was the artist for the new series of GUMBY Comics, written by Bob Burden, for which they received the 2007 Eisner Comic Industry Award for Best Publication for a Younger Audience. His graphic novels include three adaptations for the Classics Illustrated, and the nine-volume series A Treasury of Victorian Murder for NBM Publishing. The new series A Treasury of 20th Century Murder began in 2008 with “The Lindbergh Child.” His other historically-based graphic novels include Cravan, written with Mike Richardson, and J. Edgar Hoover: A Graphic Biography.
945 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Comments Off on NBM Announces SDCC 2013 Debuts and Signing Schedule
NBM Publishing Announces 2013 San Diego Comic-Con Debuts and Signing Schedule
Omaha The Cat Dancer’s Reed Waller To Make First Convention Appearance in 20 Years!
In anticipation of Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013, NBM Publishing today announced the company’s Comic-Con premieres of the long awaited final eighth volume of Omaha The Cat Dancer, the first volume of Zombillenium, as well as a rare appearance by Omaha co-creator Reed Waller and signing opportunities from Rick Geary and Ted Rall.
The Complete OMAHA THE CAT DANCER, Vol. 8
By Reed Waller, Kate Worley & James Vance
Omaha and Chuck struggle to put the tangled past behind them while political corruption and a tightening police investigation threaten to destroy their future and ensnare their loved ones. This volume contains the long-awaited conclusion to the internationally acclaimed sexy soap opera for adults, in which mysteries are solved, painful sacrifices are made and the lovely cat dancer takes a final turn on the stage. All-new and never before collected, Volume 8 was drawn by legendary Omaha creator Reed Waller and written by his beloved late co-creator Kate Worley, in collaboration with James Vance.
We’ll also have a specially priced bundle of The Complete Omaha The Cat Dancer which will include all 8 volumes for $89.99 (normally $107.00)
“A satire in the NBM tradition of BONEYARD and DUNGEON”
Francis von Bloodt, vampire, a good family man, manages the theme park Zombillenium. They don’t just hire anyone, at Zombillenium: mere mortals need not apply, the park works only with genuine werewolves, vampires and zombies. This is what Aurelian gets to discover as, burnt out, deceived by his wife, he finally gets hired in spite of himself in this strange business. Gretchen, a plucky trainee witch, helps him get around…
Reed Waller will be appearing at the NBM Booth (1714) on Friday and Saturday
Rick Geary will be appearing at the NBM Booth (1714) will make appearances at the booth throughout the weekend.
Ted Rall will be appearing at the NBM Booth (1714) will make appearances at the booth throughout the weekend.
About NBM Publishing
NBM is a leading critically acclaimed independent graphic novel publisher showcasing the diversity of comics from North America and Europe.
Founded in 1976, it is a pioneer in launching graphic novels in this country and in seeking wider reader acceptance for the medium.
Comments Off on OR – Treasury of Victorian Murder Signing
Rick Geary signs at Bridge City Comics on Wednesday, October 5th, 2011 from 6:00PM – 8:00PM
Bridge City Comics is proud to announce our Comic-Legend Rick Geary Signing Event on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 from 6pm – 8pm! This event is free to the public.
In attendance will be the legendary cartoonist Rick Geary to sign autographs and to talk to fans about his 34 year career in comics! Rick has worked professionally as an illustrator in comics since 1977 and has numerous credits under his belt, including the popular “Treasury of Victorian Murder” series of books.
Bridge City Comics will have copies of a number of Rick’s books on hand for purchase during the event, including many Treasury of Victorian Murder books, as well as Cravan and The Adventures of Blanche.
About Rick Geary: He has written and illustrated three children’s books based on The Mask for Dark Horse and two Spider-Man children’s books for Marvel. His children’s comic “Society of Horrors” ran in Disney Adventures magazine. He was the artist for the new series of GUMBY Comics, written by Bob Burden, for which they received the 2007 Eisner Comic Industry Award for Best Publication for a Younger Audience. His graphic novels include three adaptations for the Classics Illustrated, and the nine-volume series A Treasury of Victorian Murder for NBM Publishing. The new series A Treasury of 20th Century Murder began in 2008 with “The Lindbergh Child.” His other historically-based graphic novels include Cravan, written with Mike Richardson, and J. Edgar Hoover: A Graphic Biography. Rick has received the Inkpot Award from the San Diego Comic Convention (1980) and the Book and Magazine Illustration Award from the National Cartoonists Society (1994).
Bridge City Comics is located at 3725 N. Mississippi Ave in North Portland.
Please call 503-282-5484 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Bridge City Comics
3725 N. Mississippi Ave, Portland, OR 97227
Comments Off on Countdown to Comic-Con: SDCC Digest #1
Avatar confirmed for San Diego? Dr. Who movie to be announced? Get the latest buzz concerning Comic-Con International: San Diego.
- Photo of banner released by CCI confirms Avatar presence?
- Coventry Telegraph – The Geek Files: Doctor Who movie to be announced at Comic Con?
- /Film: Kick-Ass Footage To Premiere at Comic-Con; New Photo Revealed
- Hollyscoop: Michael Jackson’s White Glove to be on display
- MTV Movies Blog: Mike Judge Brings â€˜Extract’ To Comic-Con
- Examiner.com: Burn Notice (with Bruce Campbell) and Chuck Panels
- FEAR.net: Robert Englund to be at SDCC
- MTV Movies Blog: â€˜Pandorum’ Brings The Fear To San Diego Comic-Con And MTV.com
- Examiner.com: Pysch Panel Confirmed
- The Venture Bros. at SDCC
- Visit Red 5 Comics at SDCC!
- First Look!!The 40th Anniversary Souvenir Book cover Original art by Rick Geary
- Steam Crow is working on an exclusive print.
- Toy Anxiety Blog: Part 33: Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia #1 Sketch – San Diego Comic Con 2009 Exclusive
- IGN: Exclusive Blackest Night Green Lantern Figure Set
- KOTOBUKIYA: COMIC-CON EXCLUSIVE X-Force: Wolverine Fine Art Bust
- KOTOBUKIYA: COMI-CON EXCLUSIVE Yelena Belova Black Widow Bishoujo Statue
- Major Spoilers: Live sculpting courtesy of Kotobukiya
- io9: Middleman panel to include “a cast reading of the unmade final episode.”
- StarWars.com: Fantastic Raffle Prizes Await Attendees At Star Wars Fan Club Breakfast
- Official Pix will be offering a very special limited edition photo of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker at San Diego Comic-Con.
- Toy Anxiety Blog: Part 34: Lord of the Rings Mount Doom – San Diego Comic-Con 2009 Exclusive
- Action Figure Insider: CAPCOM SDCC Exclusive – Dark Void figurine and Statues
- YouBentMyWookie: Weta SDCC Exclusive: The Unnatural Selector, Minature Edition
- David Choe at SDCC with Giant Robot
- TOYSREVIL: Big Rollin’ Rascal by Scott Tolleson (Throwback Edition) for San Diego Comic Con 2009
- TOYSREVIL: Exoskeletons 0-49 Print by The Tarantulas for SDCC 2009
- TOYSREVIL: Teaser For SDCC-Exclusive Soopa Maria by Erick Scarecrow x ESC Toy
- TOYSREVIL: Of Secret Nibblers and Header-Sneaks by The Tarantulas (for SDCC 2009)
- TOYSREVIL: Carlos The Jackal custom BUD by Jon-Paul Kaiser (for SDCC)
- TOYSREVIL: New Sample Images for Boris The Raccoon by Nathan Hamill (July 17-launch)
- Steam Crow: Survive San Diego Comic-Con
- Bleeding Cool: How To Be A Celebrity At The San Diego Comic Con
- Sci Fi Wire: 11 hot things you MUST see at Comic-Con in San Diego this month