Comments Off on Marvel Announces Signing and Booth Schedules for NYCC 2012
NYCC 2012: Signing & Booth Schedule
Find out about the awesome events at the Marvel booth and who will be there!
Get excited, True Believers! Marvel returns to New York Comic Con, along with the hottest creators in the industry! For four days at the Marvel Booth (#1838), fans will be able to enjoy tons of events, signings, and awesome on-stage events that will make New York Comic Con 2012 truly memorable! Be sure to stop by the Marvel Booth (#1838) for your chance to get in on the exclusive Marvel fun!
The Marvel Booth (#1838) is your one-stop shop for excitement, entertainment, and prizes at the convention! Tons of great giveaways, costume contests, live games shows, and exclusive Marvel video game demos await you!
And that’s not all because, we have an all-star cast of your favorite Marvel creators who will be at the booth signing all weekend long! Swing by and visit Marvel icons including none other than Dan Slott, Jeph Loeb, Kieron Gillen, Greg Pak, and many, many more!
Can’t make it to the convention? Follow along on the Marvel Events App & events.marvel.com, the best way to get exclusive videos, real-time announcements from the convention floor and up-to-the-minute panel, in-booth, and signing schedules of all your favorite Marvel creators!
Comments Off on TO – FCBD in Paradise
Paradise Comics is happy to participate in the 8th annual FREE COMIC BOOK DAY with a special gathering of creators.In attendance.
LEONARD KIRK who joins New Mutants in July, coming off his work on Dark X-Men to draw the team of young X-graduates with writer Zeb Wells.
Currently, Ty is writing IDW’s Star Trek comic book, working for Bongo, DC, Marvel and others, as well as teaching at the Toronto Cartoonists Workshop
His distinctive coloring on the Wolverine: Origin series marked a new direction in coloring in the comics medium.It was soon followed by the Blockbuster Stephen King’s The Dark Tower series of comics
Hilary Leung is a designer by day, illustrator by night and ultimate player on weekends. Having spent the last five years pursuing other dreams, he is happy to return to his first true love – drawing
The Legend of Ninja Cowboy Bear is an illustrated children’s story about three friends who discover an important truth about equality and how to appreciate one another.
AND AS A SPECIAL TREAT WE WILL ALSO HAVE LIANA K ,
LlANA has been called “Canada’s Ultimate Fangirl” by the Edmonton Journal, is a prominent voice in the world of all things geeky. She was the “Red” half of Ed & Red’s Night Party!, Canada’s longest running comedy series, she co-hosts a talk radio show on Toronto’s CFRB, and writes feature articles for www.gamingexcellence.com. She is also an avid cosplayer. Get a special insider look at upcoming Ed and Red TV shows!
We will be giving out over 20 different individual comics from a variety of publishers including Marvel,D.C, Dark Horse and many others
Comments Off on Hero Initiative at Toronto Comic Con
Hero Initiative at Canada’s best comic con Wizard World Toronto!
Get your Grove on at Wizard World’s Official Party at The Social
Sponsored by Hero Initiative
(For Immediate Release), Los Angeles, CA: Join Hero Initiative and thousands of fellow fans as they converge in Canada at Toronto Comic Con, March 26, 27 & 28 at the Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place. Hero Initiative, the non profit organization helping comic creators in hard times, will be celebrating the best in pop culture by bringing special guests for signatures and sketches.
In addition, we are proud to sponsor the Official Wizard World party! Saturday evening from 9pm to 2am at the Social, 1100 Queen Street West in Toronto. Come get your grove on with the folks from Wizard, your favorite comic creators and actor guests. Fifteen dollars at the door will get you to this most exclusive party of the weekend. The first lucky100 party-goers will receive a bag of exclusive goodies, and you can bid on art donated by many of the guests! You won’t want to miss out on this bash!
Our Wonderful guest line up is as follows:
FRI., 26 MAR, con hours 1200-800:
300-400: Marcus To
600-700: Gail Simone
SAT., 27 MAR, con hours 1000-700:
1030-1230: Ken Lashley
1230-230: Leonard Kirk
230-430: Richard Isanove
300-400: Marcus To
430-630: Phil Jiminez
SUN., 28 MAR, con hours 1000-500:
1230-230: Leonard Kirk
300-400: Marcus To
230-430: Richard Isanove
About The Hero Initiative:
The Hero Initiative is the first-ever federally chartered not-for-profit corporation dedicated strict to helping comic book creators in need. Hero creates a financial safety net for yesterday’s creators who may need emergency medical aid, financial support for essentials of life, and an avenue back into paying work. It’s a chance for all of us to give back something to the people who have given us so much enjoyment.
Since its inception, The Hero Initiative has had the good fortune to grant over $400,000 to the comic book veterans who have paved the way for those in the industry today. For more information, visit www.heroinitiative.org or call 626-676-6354.
Fan-demonium to Reach an All-Time High at 15th Annual Fan Expo Canada 2009
Leonard Nimoy, Linda Hamilton, Lou Ferrigno, and Bruce Campbell among the star-studded line-up at this year’s event
July 9, 2009, Toronto, ON – Expect to see a surge of Vulcans, Storm Troopers, Zombies, Dragonballers and other strange and wonderful characters across the city as Toronto hosts the largest combined gaming, horror, comic, science fiction and anime event in the country. The 15th annual Fan Expo Canada takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building on August 28-30, 2009.
Owned and operated by Hobby Star Marketing, Fan Expo Canada offers fans of every genre the chance to meet their favourite celebrities and pop culture heroes at autograph and photo sessions; participate in informational workshops with industry experts offering advice, tips and portfolio reviews; and shop for exclusive Fan Expo offers, collectables and memorabilia from more than 600 vendors.
“By offering unique experiences and opportunities to interact with icons, industry leaders, and other enthusiastic fans, Fan Expo delivers a signature event in Canada that satisfies fans’ cravings like no other,” says Aman Gupta, President of Hobby Star Marketing. “For the past 15 years Fan Expo Canada has been the only event to bring this level of fandom to Toronto and Fan Expo Canada 2009 will bring even more to visitors than ever before with incredible limited edition offers, the widest range of industry merchandise available, and appearances by genre demi-gods.”
Hobby Star Marketing Inc. was founded in 1992 and has quickly become one of Canada’s premiere sports and entertainment marketing companies. Since its inception, Hobby Star Marketing has secured a niche in the industry by specializing in professional sport and entertainment celebrity placement at a variety of venues and events.
SPECIAL CELEBRITY GUESTS:
SFX Science Fiction Expo, in association with SPACE – the official National Cable Broadcast Sponsor, guest list:
- LEONARD NIMOY – The legendary Mr. Spock of Star Trek
- LINDA HAMILTON – Sarah Connor celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Terminator
- BILLY DEE WILLIAMS – Lando Calrissian of the Star Wars feature films
- BEAU BRIDGES – Major General Hank Landry of Stargate SG-1
- THOMAS DEKKER – John Connor of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
- MARY MCDONNELL – President Laura Roslin of Battlestar Galactica
- JAMES KYSON LEE – Ando of Heroes
- AVERY BROOKS – Captain Benjamin Sisko of Star Trek Deep Space Nine
- WALTER KOENIG – Pavel Chekov of Star Trek
- ROBERT DUNCAN MCNEILL – Tom Paris of Star Trek Voyager
- LOU FERRIGNO – The Incredible Hulk
- DAVE THOMAS – Doug of Bob and Doug McKenzie brothers
- LARRY THOMAS – Seinfeld’s “Soup Nazi”
- TONY CURTIS – Legendary actor and Hollywood Icon
The Comic Book Expo guest list:
- JOE QUESADA – Editor In Chief Marvel Comics
- DAN DIDIO – Senior VP DC Comics
- CHRIS BACHALO – Legendary Artist
- MIKE DEODATO JR.- Artist Dark Avengers
- ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of Flash Rebirth
- J MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI – Award winning writer
- STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Wolverine
- IVAN REIS – Artist of Green Lantern & The Blackest Night – Rare appearance!
- TERRY DODSON – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
- DAVID FINCH – Artist of Ultimatum
- OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Thor
- MATT FRACTION – Writer of Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Ironman
- MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Acclaimed Marvel Cover Artist & Thor
- LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator of Wolverine & Swamp Thing
- DARWYN COOKE – Artist of DC The New Frontier
- DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist of upcoming Fantastic Four
- BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
- STUART IMMONNEN – Artist of New Avengers
- GEORGES JEANTY – Artist of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist of Stephen King’s Dark Tower
- MIKE CHOI – Artist of X-Force
- DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Playboy Cartoonist
The Festival of Fear Horror Expo, sponsored by Rue Morgue Magazine, guest list:
- BRUCE CAMPBELL – Legendary Film Actor
- ROGER CORMAN – Legendary Director
- UDO KEIR – Acclaimed Actor
- BARBARA STEELE – Emmy Award-Winning Actress
- TOM SAVINI – FX Master and Actor
- ROBERT HALL – Award winning make up artist
- JAMES DUVAL – Acclaimed Horror Film Actor
- MAX BROOKS – Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide
- ART HINDLE – Acclaimed actor
- KELLEY ARMSTRONG – Best Selling Horror Author
- JACK KETCHUM – Best Selling Horror Author
- LLOYD KAUFMAN – Producer – Toxic Avenger
The CNAnime Expo celebrity guest list:
- SCOTT MCNEIL – voice star of Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragonball Z
- CRISPIN FREEMAN – voice star of Naruto, Eureka Seven, Ghost In the Shell
- BRAD SWAILE – voice star of Death Note, Mobile Suit Gundam
- AARON DISMUKE – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- COLLEEN CLINKENBEARD – voice star of Fullmetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood
- MONICA RIAL – voice star of Kiddy Grade, Noir, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
- BRINA PALENCIA – voice star of Claymore, Romeo A Juliet
- DEREK STEPHEN PRINCE – voice star of Bleach, Digimon
The GX – Gaming Expo, sponsored by Zellers & G4 Tech TV, celebrity guest list:
- STEVE DOWNES – Voice of Master Chief in the HALO video game series
- VICTOR LUCAS – Creator / Producer / Host of Electric Playground
- ED GREENWOOD – Creator / Author of Forgotten Realms
- JESS HARTLEY – Editor / Developer of White Wolf Publishing
- PIETER VAN HIEL – Role playing game Author of Sanguine Productions
- JONATHAN LAVALLEE – President of Firestorm Ink gaming publisher
- C.A. SULEIMAN – Director of Development CM Publishing
- MALCOLM SHEPPARD – Role playing game Author of White Wolf
Gaming fans will have the opportunity to take part in dozens of official tournaments, play new games, win prizes, meet with industry experts, attend seminars and view upcoming products.
- Canada’s largest Masquerade Costume Contest on Saturday, Aug. 29
- Industry Professional workshops for the public
- Millions of dollars of collectibles and memorabilia for sale
- Celebrity Q&A’s plus autograph and photo opportunities
- More than 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers offering a full range of pop culture and entertainment themed merchandise including comic books, toys, collectibles, games, videos, and more!
- Tons of costumed characters from your favourite TV shows & movies
- Introducing a reusable shopping tote, made from 100% recycled materials and designed specifically for fans to take their goodies home
- Exclusive show merchandise including:
- MEGAN FOX photo cover variant for issue one TRANSFORMERS: TALES OF THE FALLEN comic book – Limited to only 1000 copies
- STAR TREK: NERO comic, issue number one, “Spock Variant” edition – Limited to 1000 copies
- ULTIMATE AVENGERS comic #1, “Sketch cover variant” edition (Limited to 1500 copies)
- GREEN LANTERN: BLACKEST NIGHT Art Lithograph (Limited to 1500 copies) free and only available when you purchase a Fan Expo Premium Package
Stay tuned to www.fanexpocanada.com for more additions to this exciting line-up…
WHEN: AUGUST 28 – 30, 2009
Friday, August 28th 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 29th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30th 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremner Blvd. Toronto, Ontario
TICKETS: Basic Adult Day Pass $25.00
Kids under 12 years old are FREE when accompanied by an adult
See website for further details
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events – for dates, times and prices, please call Ticketmaster (416) 872-7777 or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com
Comments Off on Fan Expo Canada Welcomes Nimoy & More Comic Pros!
Fan Expo Canada is proud to welcome back LEONARD NIMOY (Star Trek, Fringe)
Appearing SATURDAY & SUNDAY ONLY!
We have just added dozens of comic book creators to our already incredible list of guests including:
CHRIS BACHALO – Artist, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN & NEW AVENGERS (RARE APPEARANCE)
DAN DIDIO – Senior Vice-President – Executive Editor, DC COMICS
GEORGES JEANTY – Artist, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
RICHARD ISANOVE – Artist, STEPHEN KING’S DARK TOWER
MIKE CHOI – Artist, X-FORCE
TRANSMISSION X – Michael Cho, Cameron Stewart, Karl Kerschl, Ramon Perez and more!
DC COMICS will be setting up an exhibitor booth in the Fan Expo Canada corporate area!
Check out all the comic guest updates here: http://www.hobbystar.com/fanexpo/index.php?/comicbook/guests/category/featured_guests/#FEATURED%20GUESTS
Basic and Deluxe ticket prices are now posted on our web site. Advance Tickets go on sale July 1st on our web site or by phone at Ticketmaster 416-870-8000.
LIMITED TIME OFFER FROM THE FAIRMONT ROYAL YORK!
For a short time only, you can book your room for Fan Expo Canada for the amazing low rate of $119 a night! Click here: https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=102277 to book now! We have never seen rates this low, EVER!
FAN EXPO CANADA 200
AUGUST 28-30, 2009
METRO TORONTO CONVENTION CENTRE