November 25, 2013 by Colin Solan
Filed under Animation, Collectibles, Comic Books, Comic Strips, Convention News, Gaming, Horror, Massachusetts, Movies, Other, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Television, Top Stories, Video Games, Webcomics
Boston Comic Con has announced its initial details for next year’s convention! Following the phenomenal success of the 2013 show, the 2014 convention will again be held in August at the Seaport World Trade Center on Boston’s historic waterfront. The promoters have added an additional day to the convention which is scheduled to run Friday August 8th till Sunday August 10th. Joining the festivities this year is an all-star list of comic creators including: Rafael Albuquerque, Tim Bradstreet, Amanda Conner, Mike Kunkel, Jorge Molina, Dustin Nguyen, Jimmy Palmiotti, Carlos Pacheco, Ramón Pérez, Esad Ribic, Gail Simone, Cat Staggs, and many more! Additionally, the first media guests have been announced: Torchwood’s Eve Myles and Spike himself, James Marsters! More will be added over the coming months so be sure to follow Boston Comic Con on Facebook and Twitter!
About Boston Comic Con:
The Boston Comic Con is a 100% independently run comic book show committed to bringing the biggest and best comic creators to New England. Run by fans for fans, Boston Comic Con is not affiliated with any other convention tour or corporate interests. Hosting over 120,000 square feet of vendors selling comic books, toys, posters, trading cards, and other pop culture memorabilia, this is a destination event for geeks of any stripe. Next year’s convention will be held Friday August 8th, Saturday August 9th and Sunday August 10th at the Seaport World Trade Center, 200 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA 02210. For more information please go to our website at www.bostoncomiccon.com and follow us on Twitter (@BostonComicCon) and Facebook!
Scott Snyder, Rafael Albuquerque, Sean Murphy, and more speak at the School of Visual Arts on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM!
A panel discussion featuring comics all-stars Scott Snyder (American Vampire, The Wake, Batman), Sean Murphy (American Vampire, The Wake, Punk Rock Jesus), Rafael Albuquerque (American Vampire, Uncanny X-Force), MFA Visual Narrative Chair Nathan Fox (Dogs of War, DMZ) and Mark Doyle, editor at DC Comics/Vertigo. The panelists talk about their careers, creative process and collaborations, as well as what inspires and informs their approach to telling tales of horror in the realm of graphic novels and sequential art. Presented by the Office of Career Development and the MFA Visual Narrative Department.
Admission is free but please RSVP here
School of Visual Arts
209 East 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010
Here is what is going on at the DC booth today including a cast signing for Person of Interest:
DC has announced their signing schedule for today at NYCC 2012.
Rafael Albuquerque, artist of American Vampire and Batman, will sign books and comics at the opening of his month-long art exhibition on Friday, October 19th. Wine and beer will be served, and an exclusive full-color print will be available for purchase.
1845 N. Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60647
The Beguiling Books & Art is pleased to announce that it will once again be returning to The San Diego Comic-Con to sell a truly outstanding collection of illustrations and original comic book artwork on behalf of its represented artists. The Beguiling’s Peter Birkemoe will be on hand and exhibiting in a small corner of booth #1629, owned by venerable Canadian publisher Drawn & Quarterly, from Preview Night, Wednesday July 11th, through Sunday, July 15th.
The Beguiling represents original art by some of art comics’ greatest names at their online art store, including D&Q cartoonists Kevin Huizenga (Gloriana), Anders Nilsen (Big Questions), and Seth (Palookaville), and comics superstars Jeff Lemire (Essex County), Fabio Moon & Gabriel Ba (Casanova), and Bryan Lee O’Malley (Scott Pilgrim). The Beguiling will have over 400 pieces of original art on hand by 26 different artists at San Diego this year. Previews of most pages available online now at http://www.
Highlights of this year’s mix of comics art and illustration include:
- The Beguiling proudly announces that it will begin selling original art work from creators Pascal Girard, Matt Kindt, and Shintaro Kago! Girard is the author of the recently released graphic novel The Reunion from Drawn & Quarterly, and pages from that work and other illustrations will be on hand. Matt Kindt is the author of the graphic novels Super Spy, The Tooth, and 3:Story. His current series is MIND MGMT, an ongoing comic from Dark Horse, and art will be on hand from these and other series’! Kago is a renowned Ero-guro manga artist in Japan, and his work includes truly unique formalist experiments (and some very disturbing imagery), and has been praised by sources as diverse as Scott McCloud and Vice Magazine.
- A selection of pages from recent Drawn & Quarterly graphic novel releases, including pages from Kevin Huizenga’s Gloriana HC and The Wild Kingdom HC, Brian Ralph’s Cave-In, and Anders Nilsen’s Eisner Award nominated graphic novel Big Questions.
- Dozens of new, never-before offered pages by artist Farel Dalrymple. Including new pages from Dalrymple’s work on the series’ Prophet, Fantastic Four, Omega The Unknown, Vice Magazine, and more! So new these aren’t even on our website yet!
- Dozens of new pages by Norwegian artist Jason, from across his many popular graphic novels.
- All of the “new-since-last-Comic-Con” artwork by artists Gabriel Ba, Jeffrey Brown, Sammy Harkham, Jeff Lemire, Kagan McLeod, Fabio Moon, Marco Rudy, Maurice Vellekoop, and Zach Worton. All of these fine cartoonists have provided The Beguiling with new artwork since exhibiting at Comic-Con 2011, from across their many projects. Highlights include Jeff Lemire’s Sweeth Tooth, and the complete artwork (!) for Maurice Vellekoop’s The World of Gloria Badcock.
- A selection of quality originals by Rafael Albuquerque, Becky Cloonan, Jordan Crane, David Heatley, Miriam Katin, Jason Lutes, Bryan Lee O’Malley, Paul Pope, Michel Rabagliati, Seth, Jay Stephens, and Chip Zdarsky. With over 5,000 pieces of original art represented by The Beguiling, a selection of the best and most interesting pieces by these creators will be available for sale in San Diego.
Hate paying for shipping? If you will be at the San Diego Comic-Con and are interested in purchasing a specific piece of art from our website, we will happily bring it to the show for you. If you’d like us to bring a specific piece from our website to take a look at, please contact us at mail at beguiling dot com. Unfortunately we are not “holding” art for people unless they have purchased it outright, but we will try to accommodate all requests.
Celebrating its 25th Anniversary, The Beguiling is a book store and original art dealer in Toronto, Canada. We represent original art sales from over three dozen comics creators and illustrators from around the world. Almost all of the original art that The Beguiling represents is consigned by the artists, ensuring we are able to offer the widest possible selection of material and that the artists get the largest possible chunk of the proceeds. To see our collection of original art, visit us online at http://www.