James Franco appears at Skylight Books on Saturday, May 14, 2016 at noon to sign his book of poetry Straight James/Gay James.
Please note, this is a signing only.
Straight James/Gay James explores the facets of James Franco’s public and private personas.Straight James/Gay James is a poetic bildungsroman—raw, candid, and uninhibited. James Franco writes about life as an actor and provokes questions about identity, sexuality, and gender. Other poems deal with family, Gucci, Lana Del Rey, James Dean, and Hollywood. His poetic style varies from the imagistic to the prosaic. The chapbook also contains an interview of “Gay James” conducted by “Straight James.” Yes, Straight James asks the question: “Let’s get substantial: are you gay or what?”
NOTE: As with all Skylight Books in-store events, this signing is free and open to the public (first come, first served). But because we’re expecting a large crowd at this event, we’ll be giving out numbered tickets to the signing line to keep things organized:
- To get a ticket to the signing line, you must purchase a copy of any James Franco title here at Skylight Books. You may bring other titles to have signed from home as long as you purchase a book from the store.
- James Franco will sign and personalize BOOKS ONLY–no memorabilia, posters, DVDs, fan art, etc. Also, we are not allowing any photographs.
- For all website orders for this event, be sure to leave a note in the Order Comments field if you’d like a signing line ticket.
- Can’t attend? If you would like a signed book but will not be able to attend, click Signed Copy after adding the book to your cart and we’ll do our best to get it signed for you. You may pick up this book in the store after the event, or have it shipped to you.
- Skylight’s Friends with Benefits members get priority signing line tickets (and 20% off this and all other event books each month), so be sure to mention your membership (or join) when you order the book.
James Franco is an actor, director, writer, and visual artist. He is the author of two works of fiction, Palo Alto and Actors Anonymous, and two books that collage memoir, snapshots, poems, and artwork, A California Childhood and Hollywood Dreaming. His poetry has appeared in a chapbook, Strongest of the Litter, and the book, Directing Herbert White. His writing has also been published in Esquire, the Huffington Post, McSweeney’s, N+1, Vanity Fair, The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. He has received MFAs in fiction from Brooklyn College and Columbia, an MFA in film from New York University, an MFA in art from Rhode Island School of Design, and an MFA in poetry from Warren Wilson College.
Franco’s film appearances include Milk, Pineapple Express, This is the End, Spring Breakers, Oz, and 127 Hours, which earned him an Academy Award nomination. He portrayed poets Allen Ginsberg in the film Howl, C.K. Williams in The Color of Time, and Hart Crane in The Broken Tower, a film Franco adapted and directed. He has also adapted many poems into films that he has directed, including short films based on “Herbert White” by Frank Bidart, the collectionBlack Dog, Red Dog by Stephen Dobyns, “The Clerk’s Tale” by Spencer Reece, and “The Feast of Stephen” by Anthony Hecht.
Franco has also adapted to film the novels As I Lay Dying, and Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner, Child of God by Cormac McCarthy, In Dubious Battle by John Steinbeck, The Long Home by William Gay, and Zeroville by Steve Erickson.
1818 N. Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027
Actor/writer James Franco signs his new books of poetry at Book Soup on Sunday, March 6, 2016 at noon!
Straight James / Gay James, actor James Franco’s new chapbook of poems, explores the facets of his public and private personas. Straight James / Gay James is a poetic bildungsroman—raw, candid, and uninhibited.James Franco writes about life as an actor, sexuality, questions of identity, gender, family, Gucci, Lana Del Rey, James Dean, and Hollywood. His poetic style varies from the imagistic to the prosaic.
- Absolutely NO MEMORABILIA.
- A Purchased copy of Straight James/ Gay James is your line ticket.
- No posed photos.
8818 Sunset Blvd, W. Hollywood, CA 90069
James Franco (The Interview, Spider-Man, Freaks & Geeks) appears at Barnes & Noble at The Grove on Saturday, December 20 at 10:00 AM for a special pre-holiday signing of his new book HOLLYWOOD DREAMING!
(PLEASE NOTE: This is a wristbanded signing.)
Barnes & Noble – The Grove at Farmers Market
189 The Grove Drive Suite K 30, Los Angeles, CA 90036
James Franco visits Strand Book Store on Monday, December 8th from 6:30 – 8:30 PM for an exclusive signing of his book, Hollywood Dreaming, a story-picture-poem mashup that blurs lines of reality and fiction in a compelling coming-of-age tale. Buy a copy of Hollywood Dreaming at Strand in order to join the signing line!
· Guests must purchase Hollywood Dreaming at Strand in order to join the line, but may have additional books by James signed, including A California Childhood.
· No other types of memorabilia, please.
· In order for James to meet as many fans as possible, there will be no photography.
· James will personalize copies of his books.
· A signing line will form at 4:30pm outside Strand along Broadway.
Purchase a copy of Hollywood Dreaming at Strand in order to join the signing line outside the store, which will form at 4:30pm. Strand is located at 828 Broadway, New York.
Strand Book Store
828 Broadway, New York, NY, 10003-4805
(at 12th St.)
James Franco appears to sign his new book Actors Anonymous at Waterstones on Saturday, 22 November 2014 at noon.
Meet the actor, director, screenwriter, producer, teacher and author, at this exclusive signing. Please note James Franco will be signing copies of his books only. Copies of ‘Actors Anonymous’, ‘Palo Alto’ and ‘Directing Herbert White’ will be available to purchase on the day at Waterstones Piccadilly, proof of a Waterstones receipt may be required. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
203 – 206 Piccadilly, W1J 9HD London, United Kingdom
Comments Off on NYC – James Franco Signs
Actor James Franco appears at Barnes & Noble – Union Square to sign Palo Alto: Stories on Wednesday May 14, 2014 at 10:45 AM!
About this Author
James Franco is an actor, director, screenwriter, and artist. His film appearances include Milk, Pineapple Express, the Spider-Man trilogy, Howl, and Eat, Pray, Love. On television, he starred in the critically acclaimed series Freaks and Geeks. Franco has presented his visual art at the Clocktower Gallery in New York, and his writing has appeared in Esquire, The Wall Street Journal, and McSweeney’s.
Barnes & Noble – Union Square
33 East 17th Street, New York, NY 10003
Danny McBride, Katy Mixon, Steve Little, and the rest of the cast of Eastbound & Down speak on Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 7:00 pm at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills as part of PaleyFest 2011.
Steve Little, “Stevie Janowski”
Jody Hill, Writer/Director/Executive Producer
Adam McKay, Executive Producer
Ana de la Reguera, “Vida”
Katy Mixon, “April Buchanon”
Plus additional members of the cast and creative team